Clouded Fears

By GinjiCat

When Lila's mother is killed in a terrible accident, Lila runs away from home. But soon Lila becomes trapped... More

Prolouge
One - Distant Wishes
Three - Appologies
Four - I ran
Five - Puddles
Six - Alone
Seven - Soul
Eight - Stars

Two - Salt Water

18 0 1
By GinjiCat

DATE: FRIDAY

TIME: 8:15PM

I sat on bed staring at the wall. Salty rivers splashed onto my bed, but I ignored them. All I could think about was mum. I wanted to remember everything about her. Her laugh. Her smile. Her face.

But I could feel that Mum was already fading. The more I tried to remember the further she seemed to drift away.

My eyes were beginning to close. I hadn't slept for two whole nights.

My Dad had sent a letter to school, telling them what had happened and that I wouldn't be at school for the rest of the week. I knew it was a great pain for him to write that letter. But he wanted me to be happy, or happier at least.

But I wanted to go back to school. I felt that if I went, I could try and forget the terrible fears and pains that clawed at my heart. I didn't want to be stuck here at home where memories swirled and twirled all around me.

I heard a quiet knock.

"May I come in?" It was Dad.

I nodded. Then whispered, "Yeah sure."

Dad tiptoed into my room. He looked tired and his face was red from crying.

"Hi," I muttered.

"Hi." He smiled sadly.

I lay back on my bed and closed my eyes. We both were silent, neither of us knew what to say.

"What happened?" I asked for about the twentieth time.

"It was all a terrible accident, Lila. It was no ones fault." He sighed.

I shook my head. I think he knew that I blamed him.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could change everything." He mumbled. "I was such an idiot to say what I said..."

"What happened?" I asked for about the twenty-first time.

"She was very upset, Lila. I'm sorry."

I sighed and sat up.

Dad looked at me. I knew he was sorry. There was nothing either of us could do. I yawned.

"Get some rest. You need it." Dad said slowly.

"I can't. I can't stop thinking." I mumbled. Dad nodded understandingly.

"I know."

"Why did it have to happen?" I whispered. "Why?"

Dad shook his head. He stood up and went to the door. "Try and sleep." He spoke quietly.

"OK." I sighed. "I will."

I curled up under my blanket. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. My pillow was a puddle of salty water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 1.1K 30
Essere la nuova moglie di un uomo che ha giร  figli non รจ mai facile, scoprire che tuo marito รจ un membro di un culto, fa riti strani e che i bambini...
231K 6.7K 136
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
6.5K 175 38
Transmigrating into a Yuri-themed Xianxia world, Ye Anping found himself as an unnamed cannon fodder with poor cultivation aptitude, a cannon fodder...
56.9K 1.6K 32
๐•ด๐–“ ๐–œ๐–๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐– ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–™๐–š๐–‰๐–Š๐–“๐–™๐–˜ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–•๐–†๐–˜๐–™ ๐–œ๐–†๐–™๐–ˆ๐–๐–Š๐–˜ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–‹๐–†๐–™๐–Š๐–˜ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–—๐–Š ๐–ˆ๐–๐–Ž๐–‘๐–‰๐–—๐–Š๐–“๐–˜. ...