It Started With A Tweet (One...

By messedupbun

- because this moment simply is - More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
EPILOGUE
The Mix Tape (not part of the story)

Chapter 3

462K 11.1K 7.8K
By messedupbun

Audrey's POV

For the past two days, I was the talk of the school. I even had to pretend sick today because every one was up my face. Especially those girls who didn't even notice me before, who are starting to talk to me now, bugging me if I can get One Direction to follow them on twitter. And like a broken record my answer was:

"One: I haven't even talked to any member of that boy band. Two: I do not use my twitter, my last update was the first day I made it which was two years ago. Three: I have no interest with anything that involves 1D Four: Let me eat my sandwich in peace."

Seriously, they annoy me even during lunch time. 

So here am I, spending my Wednesday catching up on some homework I didn't get the chance to do because people won't stop bothering me. I looked at my laptop, tumblr was on. Oh so tempting. Can't. Resist. Temptation.

I grabbed my laptop and checked my tumblr. My video has been circulating the world wide web for the past days. I was so surprised when I got 600,000 views. I mean, wow. 

I scrolled down a post regarding One Direction.

Okay so maybe I owe my new found fame to them. I clicked the like (heart) button. I looked at their photos one by one and tried to familiarize myself with them. For some reason, I wanted to. 

If I look at all of them, my eyes go instantly to Harry Styles. I am a sucker for curly hair. Okay so even though I am not a fan of them, I may have a tiny crush on curly hair Harry. I grinned. 

And then of course there's Zayn.

"The one to thank for for everything." I muttered. I scrolled down the post and read the descriptions regarding Zayn.

"Undeniable sex god. He is thought to be very vain, but I would be too if I looked like Jesus sliding down a rainbow to get to a magical pot of sexiness. He is extraordinarily talented and is better known as DJ Malik or Bradford Boi. His favorite saying is "VAS HAPPENIN?!" He was born in Bradford, the city of gods. He is perfectly imperfect and directioners(mainly from Tumblr) will personally come to your house and kick your ass if you believe otherwise. We ARE the deadliest of all fandoms." (c) Urban Dictionary.

I wanted to vomit. Of all the things I couldn't handle is an egotistical narcissist guy. I rolled at my eyes when I read the word "perfect". God. 

I continued to scroll down on tumblr with the thoughts of how annoying this Zayn guy must be. Then all of a sudden I saw a photo of his with his face up close. But this time it was different. He looked, sad. Not because he was not smiling, it was his eyes. Maybe, this egotistical guy was just a front. Maybe there was something deeper. Maybe there's a story. Maybe .. 

"AUDREY DEAR OH MY GOD!!" My mom screamed as she barged into room. She had this psychotic look on her face that I only see when she's extremely happy and excited about something.

"Mom!! Calm down!" I said trying to rest her.

She lifted up her phone. "Guess who called?" 

My heart sped up a bit. Did .. Zayn Malik call me? "Ugh, I do not know, Oprah?" 

She squeled again. "Ellen Degeneres!!" 

My eyes widened. "Ohmyholylord THE ELLEN DEGENERES?!??!?!?"

By this time I was jumping up and down to. Two lunatics in the house, yo.

"Yes!! And she wants you to come to her show and perform!" She said.

I was at a lost for words. I absolutely love the Ellen show. It would be an honor to be her guest. But at the same time, public events scare this shit out of me.

"Oh wow. What did you say?" Was all I could muster. 

"Of course I said yes silly!!" Mom squealed again. 

"Mom.. I do not know if I can .. sing in front of a live audience and .." I started to say.

"Zip it. I already said yes. This is a big thing Audrey, especially for you!" 

Geez, I know mom.

"By the way, your interview is tomorrow." She said like it's the most casual thing in the world.

"What?!!?" I shouted. "I am not prepared. No song, heck I don't even have something decent to wear!" 

She grinned. "Well with the song choice, I can do nothing about that. But with what you are going to wear.." She dug into her pocket and pulled out the card of all cards.

"You .. are .. lending ... me .. your .. credit .. card..?" I said with disbelief. She never lets me and Jake borrow her credit card. This was like a moment to remember.

"Yes, but only buy the outfit you will wear tomorrow okay? Nothing else." She said as she was handing me her card. I was nodding the whole time still staring in disbelief.

"Now tell your brother to accompany you. And yes, he can also buy one piece of clothing." Mom said as she rolled her eyes. 

I hugged her. "Even though I am so nervous, thank you mom." 

----------------------------------------

"I still can't believe mom lent you her credit card." Jake said as we were walking on the streets looking for the right shop to buy some television worthy clothes.

"Tell me about it." I said to him. 

"Have you  even thanked that One Direction dude?" Jake asked me.

Ugh, there he goes again with his nosey big brother questions.

"No." I replied too quickly.

"And why not?" He asked again.

"You have too many questions big brother. Where's the part where you just ignore my life?" I teased him.

He shrugged. "Never gonna happen kiddo. And about that One Direction dude, you should really thank him. He practically brought you to Ellen DeGeneres in a span of three days." 

Okay, he had a point. A huge point in fact. "Ugh fine. I'll message him later I guess." 

Jake patted my head. "Good job lil sis." 

We finally stopped in "The Boutique" one of the best youth boutiques in town. I've only been here once because well the clothes were kind of expensive. But hey, its time to maximize the opportunity of a golden card.

I scanned around the store and was kind of annoyed with the construction going on on the male side dressing rooms. 

I finally picked out two dresses I fell in love with. 

"I'll just try these on." I told Jake. 

"Sure, I'll just answer this phone call outside." 

The sales lady guided me in the dressing rooms. I hung the two dresses before trying them on. A baby blue ponte dress, or this body hugging lace dress. Here goes nothing. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZAYN'S POV

Today was shopping day for the lads and I. I love to shop in California, everything seemed sunny. I finally got over my YouTube crush.. I think. 

Okay I was really bothered. She didn't even message me or anything at all. I concluded that she wasn't a fan. And just... damn. But life moves on.

We got a call and we have an interview set tomorrow so we had to buy some clothes. Harry and I entered a shop called "The Boutique". According to my LA friends, this was the best youth clothing line around the area. 

Indeed it was. I grabbed some clothes and made my way to fitting room. The lady guided me and I was standing infront of the girl's dressing rooms. 

"Um excuse me miss, but the lady's dressing rooms?" I said confused.

"Oh, apologies but the men's dressing rooms are being renovated. Do not worry, there are two cubicles in there. Just .. don't peep?" the lady said.

I chuckled. Do I really come off as a pervert? I blame the management. "Yes mam yes." 

The lady giggled while blushing. The effect I have on women.

I entered the right cubicle since the other one was locked. I started taking of my jumper when I heard and felt a thud on the wall.

"Oww" squirmed a girl's voice.

"Um, lady are you okay?" I asked raising my voice through the walls. 

I heard her gasp. "Why is there a guy in here!!!!!" 

I tapped the wall. "Wait! Ugh, the men's dressing room is closed so they made me change here." I explained.

I heard her breathe out loudly. "Wooo, okay." 

Gave me chills, it was so sexy. 

"You need any help there?" I said while proceeding to try on a polo. 

"No it's fine." She said. "You from England?" 

I smirked. "Yes. Why, is my accent melting your heart?" The accent always works.

"Meh, I like Australians better." She said the giggled after. 

She started humming out a tune. It was pretty melodic really. 

For some reason, it was thrilling not knowing who you are talking to on the other side. I decided not to let this conversation die. 

"What do you think will look good on me, white or blue?" I asked grinning. 

"Are you kidding me? How should I know I don't even know what you look like." She said. 

"They say I look like this guy from One Direction. Zayn Malik?" I said smirking to myself. She must be fan girling right now knowing that.

I heard her scoff. "Yeah, that's something to be proud off." She said so sarcastically. Wow, a hater?

"You don't like them?" I asked while unbuttoning my polo. I pick the white polo.

I heard her open the door already. "It's so weird having a conversation with a guy regarding One Direction." 

Well, she did have a point. I made myself look gay. I face palmed my self. 

I heard her feet shuffle closer to my cubicle. 

"But if you do look like that guy .. I say white polo looks best." 

I grinned. 

I heard her feet walking away from the dressing room. I like these moments. Having random conversation with strangers. And what's the best? It was authentic. They talked to me like a normal person, not some famous boy band member. 

I started to put on my jumper. I could hear that girls voice outside as she was paying at the cashier. 

Then I heard a manly voice call her. "Come on, mom's calling." 

"Hold on, I am just getting the receipt." She said. She sounded so cute.

"Well if mom gets mad, you get all the blame Audrey." said the manly voice.

I smirked. Brother - sister relationships are all about blame and ---

Did he say Audrey?

Audrey.. that's the girl in the video. Then it all clicked. Is she The Audrey? I heard her humming earlier and it was divine. So is it her? 

"Yes Jake I'm on my way out" I heard her shout.

I quickly put on my jumper. I tried to open the door knob, desperatley wanting to go out and see this girl for myself. But the door won't budge.

"Stupid american door knobs!!" I said while trying to turn it. 

I finally got it to work. I quickly stepped out and went to the cashier area.

No girl. 

For some reason, my heart sank. But the same time I was confused. Was I actually hoping that the girl  talked to earlier was Audrey? Why was I still thinking about her. Damn it Zayn, keep it together.

"Woah lad, didn't you learn how to wear your jumper properly?" Harry said as he entered the store. Looks like he answered a phone call outside. 

I looked at my jumper. It was on backwards. The sales ladies were giggling a bit. 

"Hey, Zayn Malik can rock anything." I said while smirking. 

Harry rolled his eyes. 

"Hey man, did you see a girl go out of the store like 2 minutes ago?" I asked him while I was fixing my jumper.

He shook his head. "No lad. Why?"

"Nothing." I hope I am trying my best to hide my look of dismay.

"So got what you need?" Harry asked. 

I nodded as I purchased my white polo. I smiled remembering the girl who I talked to earlier.

"Great, we are all set for Ellen tomorrow, aren't we?" Harry asked nudging my ribs.

"Of course, you gotta love Ellen."

--------

AN: Oooooh double interview tomorrow? What will happen? This would be fun! Get ready for the next chapter xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 105 35
Louis Tomlinson. Harry Styles. Liam Payne. Niall Horan. Zayne Malik. They all grew up together. They used to be best friends. One night in 8th year...