What Goes Around Comes Around

By KeiDieeeM

Not all heroes wear fancy costumes. That was a conclusion Izuku thought of after an experiment on his quirk t... More

Chapter 1: Karma: Present time
Chapter 2: Karma: The Origin
Chapter 3: Fake News and Traps
Chapter 5: Point of No Return
Chapter 6: Kacchan
Chapter 7: Shinsou Hitomi
Chapter 8: What Makes A Hero
Chapter 9: Expecting the Unexpected
Chapter 10: What Did I Get Myself Into?
Chapter 11: First Week of Classes
Chapter 12: Sports Festival..?

Chapter 4: Ambushed

142 7 0
By KeiDieeeM

***

Character Backgrounds: The Parents

***

Hisashi Mdoriya

Quirk: Fire Breath

Occupation: Government Official/President

Appearance: Average height, Black curly hair, black onyx eyes and freckles. (Just imagine a grown-up Izuku with black hair and eyes and minus the baby cheeks)

A former police and prosecutor, whose fame sky rocketed when he won a case against the master mind of the largest drug syndicate of the country. He was immediately considered a hero, for drug abuse was, at that time, the major problem of the country. After a few years, he was convinced to run for presidency and then won. The public was captured by his bright assuring smile and determined eyes. His presence alone assures the public of genuine safety.

The Midoriya's were famous family line of public servants. The first one to take the spotlight was Midoriya Susumo, Hasashi's Great Grandfather, who was one of the lead advocates of the first International Hero Law, the law that molded the current hero system.

Inko Midoriya

Quirk: Levitation of small objects

Occupation: housewife/First Lady

Appearance: same with canon

A loving wife to the current president and a caring mother of the protagonist. Previously a pre-school teacher but quits her job when she got pregnant. She always wears prim and proper clothes, an acquired habit from her previous job. But looks can be deceiving, she might look like a fragile woman, but if someone's going to lay a hand to her family, especially to her only boy, they are advised to contact their life insurance provider immediately.

Mitsuki Bakugou

Quirk: Glycerin

Occupation: Government Official/Vice President

Appearance: Same as canon

Former military official and celebrated war hero, Mitsuki was famous for her boldness and colorful choice of vocabulary. She got a hall of fame award for being the woman who got the highest ranking in the military, almost on her way to lead the whole military faction of the country if she did not run for office. She became a war hero when she directed a small squad to raid a rumored base of the biggest rebellion against the government of Japan in history and forced them to surrender. Hisashi's and Mituski's friendship were formed way back in high school when they were both studying under the heroics program in UA, but both choose not to pursue heroics and instead joined the law enforcement and military force, respectively.

Masaru Bakugou

Quirk: Oxidizing Sweat

Occupation: Businessman/Fashion Designer

Appearance: Same as canon

One the famous designer in and out of the country. His company mainly caters to heroes in cooperation with the leading tech company in the country but also caters quality and fashionable clothes to the public. He and Mitsuki were childhood friends and eventually became lovers then married. He's always calm and can extend the calmness around him specially to his wife and daughter. People are still wondering how he can tame the personification of thunder storm (his daughter) and super hurricane (his wife).

Hero Kaminari

Quirk: Bugging Device

Occupation: Businessman/Information Broker

Appearance: tall man, long blond curly hair semi-tied and trimmed beard (just imagine Ed Stark from Game of thrones with golden blond hair)

A famous information broker in the underbelly of Japan, just hidden behind a famous electronics company. He was popular with the people on all side of the legal and financial spectrum. But he never sided with any until recently. He treated the information he gathered impersonally and gives it away to the highest bidder. But everything changed when he met a scrawny middle-schooler about almost 2 years ago. A kid who just stumble by his office and spat some old story about his family that Hero was sure he heard when he was a kid. The kid needed his help for some "continuing the family legacy" shit (and how bold of the kid by assuming he'll help him without any payment of sort). If it wasn't for his youngest son who was the only one interested on his livelihood among his children, Hero would never give this kid a chance. The help was not wasted though, Hero saw the potential of the kid to change the current rotten political and juridical system of the country. Hero vowed to be one of the kid's sponsor.

***

Back to the story

"Hey!" *pant* "Izuku!" *pant* "Wait up!" Denki shouted in between pants while trying to keep up with his friend. Izuku's running regimen to improve his stamina will soon cause Denki's death.

But to Denki's delight, the other boy halted to let him catch up.

It took Denki a minute to catch his breath and form coherent words to address his friend.

"what was that, dude?" he demands. "it's not like you to lash out like that."

"I'm sorry!" Izuku exclaimed looking not sorry at all.

"It's just.." the other boy tried to explain. "You know how much I respect Mitsuki-san, and I've known her my whole life. She's not a traitor, she would never betray my dad, her best friend, like that." He explained together with hand gestures to illustrate his point.

Due to his dedication to his work, Hisashi Midoriya have not spent much time with his family. There are times when he doesn't go home for days because of high risk cases he was working on. And some of their neighbors thought he's working abroad because they never ever saw him in person.

But the role of someone to teach Izuku to toughen up and stand up on his own was filled by none other than his god-mother, Mitsuki Bakugou. If there were matters that he cannot confide with his mom, his next option was Mistuki, surprisingly, she was always there when he needs her, unlike his father, where calling him on the phone will, more often than not, directs you to voicemail. Don't get him wrong he love his dad, it's just that Mitsuki turned out to be more of a parental figure than him.

So, imagine Izuku's rage when someone just accused her without fully knowing her. As far as he knows, Mitsuki is a lot of things, but a traitor is not one of those.

Izuku was cut-off on his musings when an arm draped on his shoulders.

"I know man," Denki said. "But throwing a guy out to God knows where will not prove her innocence."

Prove her innocence

And that's exactly what Izuku is gonna do.

Izuku untangled himself from his friend but kept hold of his wrist. Making the other boy yelped in surprise.

"Let's go back to your dad's office", he suggested. "We need to find out where are they going to deliver the shipment."

***

Izuku woke up and heard a light buzzing in the background. Seems like from a fluorescent bulb. It took him few moments for him to be able to open his eyes.

After jogging out his memories, Izuku remembered that after some reasoning, he and Denki finally convinced Hero Kaminari to tell them the location of the warehouse. Well, after accepting the condition that the older man must go with them as a chaperone.

But after they got out of the portal to the warehouse, someone grabbed his shoulders and whispered "sleep" to his ears, then he blacked out.

He scanned his surroundings. He was in a storage room with a lot of crates scattered around. How original. Tugging his hands, he noticed he was handcuffed at the back rest of the steel chair he was sitting, on his right was Denki still unconscious and, on his left, Hero Kaminari who's intensely glaring at the sole person keeping watch on them. The man was wearing a formal black suite that is too familiar for Izuku's liking.

"ESG", Izuku acknowledged, and and the older man just nodded stiffly in return.

The ESG, or the Executive Security Group is a special force deployed by the government to protect its top executives, namely the President and the Vice President. Knowing that the ESG is somewhat involved in ambushing them while investigating the warehouse is bad sign. All the implication of this situation does not sit well on his gut. Izuku prides himself of the accuracies of his deductive reasoning, but this time though he wished he was wrong.

Izuku's gears suddenly running wild right now. A lot of theories and scenarios coming up one after another.

All of them range from bad to worst.

To tests one of his theories, he tried using his quirk.

But nothing happened.

Quirk Suppressing Handcuffs.

These kind handcuffs are the latest one the technology has to offer in apprehending villains that only the special police force such as the ESG can afford. Now, there's one viable reason why the ESG would bother to use it against them.

They know their abilities, specially his.

"Are we filming or something? Why are there so many crates in here?" came a very familiar voice behind Izuku, where the entrance of the storage room might be.

"Sir, it's the only room with the space enough to hold them." Said gruffly by another familiar voice.

The sound of the new comers stirred Denki awake. He was obviously dazed, but panic registered on his face when he realized he was handcuffed and can't use his quirk. His dad and Izuku tried to calm the young blonde which fortunately worked out but unfortunately caught the new comers' attention.

"Oh, they're awake!" The first man said and hastily approached Izuku.

***

"Hello, son!" Hisashi Midoriya cheerfully greeted like his son was not cuffed by high-tech handcuffs.

"Hello, dad" Izuku replied calmly, well, as calm as he can managed. There's a thing or two Hisashi managed to teach his son, specially related to his job. One of those is being calm, specially in times when facing adversaries and threats. Though the boy's eyes glared when his Executive Secretary, Shinsou Hitomi, came into view.

His son was never a fan of his super strict secretary. Izuku was always free to do what he wants as long as it's not dangerous. But when Hitomi came into the picture, the kid's freedom was endangered. But Izuku, despite his young age, was always been reasonable. Hisashi can't understand why until now his son still holds resentment to the guy.

All in all, Hisashi still felt a surge of pride on how his son is managing the situation. Not panicking and throwing tantrums like the other kid he knows. Deciding this conversation will take a while, he settles himself on the crate in front of his son.

"So.." Hisashi started after a moment of awkward silence. "Would you like to introduce me to your friends, Izuku?"

The addressed kid sighed defeatedly and start introducing the people beside him.

"Dad, meet Kaminari Hero" Izuku's head gestured to his left. "The owner of Kami Electronics."

Then the Izuku looked at his right.

"And this is Kaminari Denki, Hero-san's son and my bestfriend." Izuku said, blushing?

The young blonde gaped at Izuku then smiled fondly as if saying what the youths usually say. Bro.

"Okay." Hisashi acknowledged.

"Now tell me why it took two years and one trap for you to introduce them. And don't get me started about Maki-san." He reprimanded.

"Maki-san told you?" Izuku gasped.

"Yes," the older Midoriya confirmed. "He said he was worried where this farce is heading Izuku, and he was already using metaphors about Icarus wings and Greek legends. I imagine things have already reached a certain level of troublesome for him to rant and consult to me."

Izuku just gazed down to the ground in response to his father, not wanting the older man read his thoughts.

When a minute passed without a response from the chastised child, the older blonde spoke.

"With your due respect sir," he started. "I'm the one sponsoring Izuku's dangerous stunts. I'll take full responsibility."

All the occupants of the room looked at man. The young ones with disbelief, the older ones with understanding.

"No!" Izuku objected. "I'm the one who forced Hero-san in the first place and made a bet with him. All this sponsorship is just him honoring his part of the deal!"

Hisashi lifted both his forefingers signaling Izuku to calm down and not say anything further.

"To make things easy for everyone, can we just assume all three of you is responsible?" Hisashi suggested, but obviously not taking no for an answer and gave a pointing look to Denki who gawked in return.

Izuku just locked his gazed to his father who held his gazed in return. The two seems to have a staring contest until Denki talked.

"Sir," he appealed. "We are doing this for a noble reason. To uproot the cause of crimes and villainy. We believed that merely cutting the leaves like what the current heroes are doing is not enough. I know you understand us, after all, your investigations are also one of our references." it's now Izuku's turn to gaped as his friend, unbelieving the argument he just laid on the hypothetical table. His eyes wide as if saying, who are you? And what have you done to Denki?

On the other hand, the older blonde gazed at his son with fondness and pride.

But the reputable president laughed at the argument.

"Well said boy," he finally said. "I immediately realized Karma and his company were taking an unconsented peek at my team's investigation at the first incident, and now they have to take responsibility." The president again locked his gazed to his son, like a silent continuation of or else.

"How should we take responsibility then? Jail?" Izuku challenged.

"Nope" Hisashi replied.

"Work for me."

Eerie silence enveloped the whole room.

The proposal hanging in the air like some ominous cloud of uncertainty.

As if snapping from impatience, the clearly annoyed purple haired secretary spoke.

"If this will help you decide, I want to inform you that the president had already talked to the chief of police, the head master of Yuuei and the Pro-Hero Eraserhead hinting about your identity."

"WHAT?!" all the three captives yelled in unison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 250 200
Second book on this topic. Just some ideas that can be infused with the would of My Hero Academia. No need to credit as a lot of ideas are no longer...
99.3K 1.9K 6
[ 𝗩𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦! 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢 𝗔𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗔 𝗫 𝗙𝗘𝗠! 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 , 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 ] ❝...
3.5K 53 50
Ever since Izuku Midoriya was discovered to be quirkless, his life has been nothing but torment. So what will he do when he is offered an escape to h...
162K 5.8K 83
It was Mei Hatsume who told Izuku Midoriya that he could be a hero, with her help of course. Desperate to have someone believe in him, Izuku decides...