arranged marriage to a cricke...

By ashwini177

The story revolves around a cricketer and a normal traditional girl who is tied in a relationship know as mar... More

prologue
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
THANK YOU
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19 (engagement part 1)
part 20 (engagement part 2)
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 24
wedding ritual
part 26
part 27
part 28
part 29
part 30
part 31
part 32
part 33
part 34
part 35
part 36
part 37
part 38
part 39
part 40
part 41
part 42
part 43
part 44
part 45
part 46
part 47
part 48
part 49
THANK YOU
part 50
Epilogue
BONUS PART 1
BONUS PART 2
BONUS PART 3
SUGGESTIONS
BONUS PART 4
The Ends and A New Beginning
New Story: Hop Skip Wed

part 25

21K 679 25
By ashwini177

PRIYA POV :

tomorrow morning i will become a married women, i am happy but i am sad, i am happy because i got a good in - laws who will take care of me like their daughter and i got a good husband who understands me more than anyone but i am sad because i am going to leave my parents.

I have never been without them, i am always possessive towards my parents but the thought of leaving them is killing me, i know my in- laws will never say anything if i come and meet my parents daily but also i cant leave without them.

But every girl has to leave her parents one or other day.

Okay i am more emotional now i am writing a letter to my parents thanking them for giving birth to me, and all my memories with them which will never ever fade in my life.

I finished writing the letter someone knocked on the door it was none other than my parents after seeing them i could not control my tears i hugged them tightly abd they hugged me tightly

I spent some time with my parents talking with them after that i slept hugging my parents because from tomorrow they wont be my side.

It is morning 3 o clock my mother waked me up i gave her a glare who said me

MOTHER : getup soon at 4 o clock you should do vratham pooja for your husband's long life and from 9.30 to 10.30 is the muhurtham.

I nodded my head a got ready in yellow colour pattu saree

I am dieing in nervous because i am getting married in 6 hours, i feel really nervous and excited.

After the vartham pooja i dont have much work now i am waiting for my groom to come after he comes their will be kasi yatrai ritual.

I saw my groom who is ready in panchakacham he is looking hot i smiled seeing him but he cant see me because i am hiding my father stopped him from going to kasi and told karthik that he will give my hands to karthik.

My father washed his legs but what karthik did next made me and my family shocked karthik washed my father's legs and said

KARTHIK : appa you are giving your daughter to me so i should only wash your legs i know its a ritual that you should wash my legs i want to do a new ritual i want wash your and amma legs.

He said tears started rolling down from my eyes seeing his love and respect for my parents, no groom did like this i am really feeling proud to say him as my husband.

My parents hugged him with a happy smile i can see my parents eyes who are really happy and proud for selecting karthik.

I smiled and father gave my hands in karthik hands and blessed us.

My mom took me to room and asked me to change my saree for oonjal ritual

I wore a pink colour pattu saree with matching gold ornaments.

My mom and my mother - in - law made me sit in a decorated oonjal and karthik sat beside me

They washed our legs with milk and waved some rice ball to ward of evils. They gave us milk and banana to eat.

I hate both milk and banana but i cant refuse here but karthik saw me and understood so he slowly took the glass from me and drank without anyone's notice.

I smiled looking at him he gave me a flying kiss after that me and karthik played in oonjal and we took so many pictures.

Now groom should go to the stage near the agni and perfom some ritual groom should chant some mantra.

I thought i am free now i can tease karthik but my mother came and said that i have to change into muhurtham saree.

So i went and changed into red pattu saree with matching gold ornaments

I got ready they took me to the stage and made ne sit beside karthik before the agni and the priest asked us to chant sone mantra, the mantra which we chant is that we promise before the agni that we will never leave each other, in all the circumstances we will be together, whatever happens we will never separate.

After we chanted they made me sit on my father lap as per the ritual the bride should sit on her fathers lap and my mother did kanya daanam  after that they gave nine yards saree to change so i got ready in green nine yards with Violet border.

( Priya nineyards and karthik panchakacham )

I got ready with necessary ornaments, the priest called me.

I am really nervous because in few minutes my life is going to change fully.

I was brought to the stage my father was sitting in chair i again went and sat on his laps karthik was standing before me and the priest was standing beside karthik and was saying some mantra the priest gave the "thali" to karthik and karthik tied thali in my neck when we heard the ‘nadaswaram’ and ‘ketti melam’ and  showering of ‘akshadhai’ (rice smeared in turmeric) and flower petals by family members and friends, who blessing us. Karthik tied one knot  and shreya tied the other two knots as per the ritual tears are rolling down from my eyes as well as from my parents eyes.

I got married finally i feel something different i feel more shy.

Now everyone congratulated us and we took blessing from everyone.

Now we are ready for the other ritual sapta - padhi

Karthik tied a darbha grass on my hips for our heathly relationship.

Karthik took my right foot in his hands and took seven steps for our well being and happy life.

After that karthik took me near the stone ( ammi kal ) and took my right leg and placed it on the stone and put the toe ring in my toe finger.

Again we sat begore the agni and started doning our rituals.

After all the ritual ended my mother and mother - in - law asked me to change into saree.

I changed they asked me and karthik to have lunch thank god now i can eat bevause from morning i did not eat anything.

We went and sat even karthik changed into white veshti and shirt.

They served us kalyanam sapadu

They asked us to feed each other so fed each other i dont know why i am feeling shy today, i dont even wont to face karthik today.

After having lunch they said that their is one more ritual nalangu

Oh my god my favourite ritual yes in the groom and bride will play with each other.

I am really excited to play the first game is the bride and groom should find the ring who finfs the ring will dominate other.

I was sitting opposite to karthik and his teammates were supporting him yeah now only i am noticing his teammates who all are in dhoti and shirt i smiled seeing them they were really looking funny but now i concentrated on the game.

My mother placed a big blow which was filled of milk and she put the ring inside i immediately started searching the ring and atlast i found it but karthik also found it i am trying to take it from his hands but he is not leaving it i pinched his hands but also he id not leaving it so we both took our hands out and we both were holding the ring and i said

PRIYA : i was the one who found it first but karthik is cheating.

KARTHIK : what i was first holding it you are a cheater not me.
PRIYA : no you i thought i will win

KARTHIK : if you win or lose you are only dominating in everything mainly in.......

He stopped and touched his lips with his tumbs i hided my blush thank god no one heard his last sentence if anyone would have heard it seriously it will become a big problem.

Now second game the bride and the groom will throw rice on each other.

This game will be more fun they made sit opposite only but closer to each other my mother - in - law placed a bucket full of rice i smirked at karthik and took the bucket and poured it on him fully everyone their were first shocked but then started laughing where as karthik came out from the shock and took some rice from him and poured it on me making me giggle

Now the third game is appalam ritual in this the bride and the groom break the appalam on each other head

First time when i came near him to break on his head he moved his head smirking at me but the next time i won but i am really a good girl so both the time i showed him my head and asked him to break it.

After that they gave me a comb and asked me to do any hairstyle to karthik but i always like his hairstyle so i did not do anything and they gave karthik the comb and asked karthik to comb my hair but karthik denied saying

KARTHIK : she look beautiful in this hairstyle so i wont change it.

I smiled and they asked me to sing a song for karthik.

I always wanted to sing this song for him so i sang this song

Yaaro ivan from udhyam NH 4

Yaaro ivan yaaro ivan
Yen pookalin vaero ivan
Yen pennmayai vendraan ivan.. Anbhaanavan

Who is this man who is this man
Is he the root of my flowers?
He won my femininity… he is loving

Un kaadhalil karaigindravan
Un paarvayil uraigindravan
Un paadhayil nizhalagavae varugindravan
Yen koadayil mazhaiyaanavan
Yen vaadayil veyilaanavan
Kanjaadayil yen thaevayai arivaan ivan

One who is melted in your love
One who is frost at your eyesight
One who is the shadow of your feet
He is the rain in my summer
He is the sunshine in my monsoon
He knows my needs when he looks into my eyes

Engae unnai kootichella
Solvai enthan kaadhil mella
Yen pennmaiyum ilaipaaravae
Un maarbilae idam poadhumae
Ean indru idaiveli kuraigiradhae
Medhuvaaga idhayangal inaigiradhae
Un kaiviral en kaiviral kaetkkindradhae

Where do you want me to take you?
Slowly Whisper in my ears
My femininity to take eternal rest
Little space on your chest is enough
Slowly two hearts becoming one
Your hand fingers search for mine

Yaaro Ivan Yaaro Ivan
En Pookalin Vaero Ivan
En Pennmayai Vendraan Ivan.. Anbhaanavan

Who is this man who is this man
Is he the root of my flowers?
He won my femininity… he is loving

Un swaasangal yenaitheendinaal
Yen naanangal aen thoarkudho?
Un vaasanai varum vaelayil
Yen yosanai aen maarudho?
Nathiyinil oru ilai vizhugiradhae
Alaigalil mithanthu thavazhgiradhae
Karaiserumaa un kaiserumaa yethirkaalamae

When your breath touches me
Why my shyness losing?
When your fragrance strike me
Why my thinking changes?
One leaf falls into the river
Will it reach the river bank, will it join your hands in future

Yenakaagavae Pirandhaan Ivan
YenaiKaakavae Varuvaan Ivan
Yen Pennmaiyai Vendraan Ivan.. Anbhaanavan
Yen Koadayil Mazhaiyaanavan
Yen Vaadayil Veyilaanavan
Kan Jaadayil Yen Thevayai Arivaan Ivan

He is born only for me
He will come to protect me
He won my femininity… he is loving
He is the rain in my summer
He is the sunshine in my Monsoon
He knows my needs when he looks into my eyes.

I finished and everyone appreciated me saying that i sand well i blushed looking at karthik who gave me a flying kiss.

Now its karthik turn i am waiting for his song

Oh my god he is singing my favorite song its my dream that my husband should sing this song for me but i did not expect that karthik will sing this

Ennavalae adi ennavalae from kadhalan

Ennavalae Adi Ennavalae Enthan Ithayathai Tholaithu Vittaen

Dear girl, hey dear girl, I’ve lost my heart.

Entha Idam Athu Tholaintha Idam Antha Idathaiyum Maranthu Vittaen

Where did I lose it? It’s a lost place, and I’ve forgotten that place too.

Unthan Kaalgolusil*1 Athu Tholainthadhenru Unthan Kaaladi Thaedi Vanthaen

I thought it might be lost in your anklets so I came following your foot steps.

Kaathalenraal Perum Avasthaiyenru Unai Kandathum Kandu Kondaen

As soon as I saw you I realised what a huge trouble love is,

Enthan Kazhuthu Varai Indru Kaathal Vanthu Iru Kanvizhi Thirungi Ninraen

Today, love has filled me up to my neck, and I stand with my eyes open in astonishment.

Ennavalae Adi Ennavalae Enthan Ithayathai Tholaithu Vittaen

Dear girl, hey dear girl, I’ve lost my heart.

Vaaimozhiyum Enthan Thaimozhiyum Inru Vasapadavillaiyadi

Spoken language and my Mother tongue are unusable.

Vayitrukkum Thondaikkum Uruvamilla Oru Urundayum Uruluthadi

There seems to be a shapeless lump rolling between my stomach and my throat.

Kaathirunthaal Ethir Paarthirunthaal Oru Nimishamum Varushamadi

If I wait, if I anticipate and expect, a single minute becomes a year.

Kangalellaam Enai Paarppathupoal Oru Kalakkamum Thoanruthadi

I feel unsettled as though all eyes are watching me.

Ithu Sorgamaa Naragamaa Solladi Ullapadi

Is this (feeling) heaven? or hell? Tell me honestly.

Naan Vaazhvathum Vidaikondu Poavathum Un Vaarthaiyil Ullathadi.

Whether I live or die is in your words.

Ennavalae Adi Ennavalae Enthan Ithayathai Tholaithu Vittaen

Dear girl, hey dear girl, I’ve lost my heart.

Kokilamae Nee Kural Koduthaal Unai Kumbittu Kannadippaen

Hey cuckoo, if you give voice (sing), I will worship and then wink at you.

Gopuramae Unai Saaithukkondu Unthan Koonthalil Meen Pidippaen

Hey Gopuram*2, I will lean you over and catch fish with your hair.

Vennilavae Unai Thoongavaikka Unthan Viralukku Sodukeduppaen

Hey moon, to make you sleep I will massage your fingers.

Varudavarum Poongaatraiyellaam Konjam Vadikatti Anuppivaippaen

I will filter even the most fragrant flower like breeze and send it over to you.

En Kaathalin Thaevaiyai Kaadukkul Oathivaippaen

I will whisper my prayer of love and need for you in your ear.

Un Kaaladi Ezhuthiya Kolangal Puthu Kavithaigal Enruraippaen.

I will recite the patterns under your feet (Kolangal*3) as though they were new poetry.

Ennavalae Adi Ennavalae Enthan Ithayathai Tholaithu Vittaen

Dear girl, hey dear girl, I’ve lost my heart.

Entha Idam Athu Tholaintha Idam Antha Idathaiyum Maranthu Vittaen

Where did I lose it? It’s a lost place, and I’ve forgotten that place too.

Unthan Kaalgolusil Athu Tholainthadhenru Unthan Kaaladi Thaedi Vanthaen

I thought it might be lost in your anklets so I came following your foot steps.

Kaathalenraal Perum Avasthaiyenru Unai Kandathum Kandu Kondaen

As soon as I saw you I realised what a huge trouble love is,

Enthan Kazhuthu Varai Indru Kaathal Vanthu Iru Kanvizhi Pithungi Ninraen

Today, love has filled me up to my neck, and I stand with my eyes open in astonishment.

Ennavalae Adi Ennavalae Enthan Ithayathai Tholaithu Vittaen

Dear girl, hey dear girl, I’ve lost my heart.

I smiled brightly looking at him and tears were rolling down from my eyes but i hided it.

Thats all today guys stay tuned for tomorrow part WEDDING NIGHT.

If their is any mistakes about the wedding means sorry because i dont know more about wedding.

I am sorry if their is any other mistakes, i hope it is upto your expectations.

After this part no more emotion other parts are going to be romantic and fun filled.

Thank you all for your votes and comments please do vote and comments for this part

This is the biggest part from this story with 2605 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 6.8K 51
When life is busy giving us the highs and lows, there is one thing that strengthen us to face them and that thing is called LOVE. The world's most pu...
22.8K 3.1K 34
When Annika, a science graduate, agrees to an arranged marriage chosen by her parents, she finds herself wedded to Shivaay Oberoi, her law professor...
4.6K 518 19
A Short Story ❤️✨ She HATES commitment but fell in LOVE with a committed person. He HATES drama but fell in LOVE with a drama queen. Karthik, a Physi...
611K 19.4K 75
arranged Marriage is a magical bond where 2 unknown people are tied in a knot.Pelli pusthakam is a story about 2 people who are tied in a knot by the...