What I See In You (BWWM)

By AyitiCheri_26

Desiree is a nice sweet person. She faces challenges with dealing with family problems but manages to not let... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Characters
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Coming soon
Out now!!!!

14

6.5K 269 122
By AyitiCheri_26

I went outside and sat on the porch next to Darius. I was honestly wondering why he came to me. If he wanted an explanation on the whole break up, he could've texted or waited till tomorrow.

"Sorry for bothering you." He said.

"It's fine." I said. He looked down and covered his face with his hands.

Crystal and Diamond left before he came. Iyan was still inside watching Justine.

"You okay?" I asked. He chuckled and shook his head.

"I feel like shit." He said.

"Well, try being someone who woke up throwing up then you'll feel shittier." I say then laugh. He looked at me.

"Crap, your sick. I'll leave."

"I mean you came to talk so I don't mind." I said.

"I just don't get it. She broke up with me out of nowhere. I'm feeling more confused than angry. When I asked her if she's seeing anyone, she didn't answer." He sighed.

"So you thought that I would know?" I asked.

"I mean, you guys are friends and it seems like she would tell you anything." He shrugged.

"I only known her for a month and you expect her to tell me if she was cheating on you. Wouldn't it make more sense if you ask her other friends?" I said.

"I tried to but they were bitching about her." He said. Such fake friends.

"Well in that case, you should ask her because I wouldn't know." I said.

"Right." He rolled his eyes.

"If I did tell you though, how would you take it?" I asked. He looked back at me.

"How do you think?"

"I don't know, pissed."

"Exactly. Can't believe I waisted my time with her." He mumbled. I felt to guilty for this whole thing. Also I didn't want to be the one to tell him. It wasn't my place to do so. I don't like starting drama so I'm not going to speak.

"I gotta go." He stood up.

"Okay."

"But your sure you don't know anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Fine, later." He walked off.

I went back inside and went to the kitchen where Iyan and Justine were drawing.

"Everything okay?" She asked. I nodded and sat down with them.

"Did you tell him?"

"Not my place to." I said.

"Reasonable. It's weird how he came over here." She said.

"Weird how?" I asked.

"You know, driving all the way here just to have a 5 minute with you."

"He probably expected it to be longer." I shrug. Iyan smirked at me before colouring with Justine. I just rolled my eyes.

Why did he drive all the way here?

...

The next day

"Hey how you feeling today?" Crystal said as her and Diamond reach my locker.

"Better, but I still have a slight headache." I say.

"Oh, glad your okay though. Diamond told me everything with your sister." She said.

"Yup, everything is completely messed up." I said.

"Did you let your parents know?" Diamond asked.

"Not yet. They came in late last night so I let them get rest. I don't really want to talk about it." I said.

"Is it me or Darius is looking over at us?" Iyan said. I followed where her eyes were gazing at and my eyes instantly locked with Darius.

We looked at each other before he got interrupted by his friend clapping in his face to get his attention. I look away as well.

"He's probably checking Des out." Crystal laughed.

"He low key finds you attractive." Iyan said.

"Um no, trust me he doesn't look at me that way." I say trying to be in disgust.

"Then why was he staring at you just five seconds ago?" Crystal asked.

"He was looking over here but not at me." I rolled my eyes.

"Deny all you want but sooner or later you guys will go from study buddies to-"

"Just stop like please." I say making them laugh.

"You know it's true." Crystal laughed.

"If she said stop, then stop." Diamond chimed in. We all look at her in a bit of shock since she said it in a serious almost like annoyed tone. Diamond would always be joking around when it came to guys, but this time she seemed annoyed more than I was.

"We were just joking." Iyan said.

"But she didn't like it, and it kinda rude since Desiree already is seeing someone else." She said.

"Right, Trent." Iyan said and looked at me.

"How's that going?" Crystal asked.

"It's cool. We text every other night." I say.

"Are you going to hang again?" Crystal asked.

"He invited me to this Halloween party but I denied cause you know."

The bell rang making everyone walk to their classrooms.

"Well I have English." I said.

"Have fun." Iyan smirked. I didn't miss the glare Diamond gave her before walking away and mumbling bye.

"What's her problem?" Iyan asked.

"I don't know." Crystal and I said.

"See you guys later." I say to them before leaving to going to class.

I go to my regular desk and frown when I see Darius sitting in the spot next to mine. I awkwardly sit and set my things on the table.

"She told me to sit here so we can work together." He said while looking at his phone. I just nodded as if he could see me.

The first 30 minutes of the period I was bored from Mrs. Ran's lecturing. I was completely zoned out the whole time. Sometimes my head would sting from the headache and I would hold my head with my hands.

"Desiree?" I heard. I look at up at Darius.

"Huh?"

"Can we start with this project shit?" He said.

"Oh yeah, right. What is it again?" He looked at me confused and tried reading me.

"You okay?" He said.

"Yeah. Oh it was the monologue thing, I remember." I said. He continued to looked at me weirdly before shrugging.

"Darius and Desiree." Mrs Ran came up to us with a hat.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's filled with Shakespeare stories, choose one."

"Why can't we pick our own?" I asked.

"Because everyone needs to have different monologues . If you pick your own then some groups might do the same one. Now pick." She shook the hat.

I reached my hands in the hat then grabbed a piece of strap paper. I read it and sighed.

"Romeo and Juliet."

"How nice. A beautiful romantic drama like theme. This will be a good one." She smiled before leaving.

"Good thing we don't have to act it out." I say.

"We don't?" He asked. I looked at him.

"N-not that I want to." He said.

"No we don't. We just have to memorize and read with it aloud with a bit of exaggeration." I said and he nodded.

"How much of it do we read?" He asked.

"I think just one act." I said.

"I thought we're not acting out it?" He asked.

"We aren't. Act is basically a chapter." I said. Mrs. Ran gave us our books and we scrolled through the pages.

"This book is so depressing." I said.

"I would've thought girls like you liked romantic things." He said.

"There's romance but they both end up dying at the end."

"Let's do that part, that sounds fun." He chuckled.

"Killing yourself and drinking poison is totally fun." I fake smile.

"What type of weirdos did that?"

"Romeo and Juliet." I say.

After looking through the book we decided what part we wanted to read. I suggested that he should come over my house more after school since I'm tutoring him and we're doing a project together. Surprisingly he agreed.

After class I walked out of class and saw Rachel looking over like she was waiting for someone. I walk down the hall and turn around to make sure she wasn't looking for me.

When Darius walked out she immediately approached him and he looked at her with an angry look. I stood by the wall and look over at them.

"I need to tell you something." I heard her say.

"What more do you want to say? First you break up with me for nothing and now you want to talk?" He said angrily.

"That's why I want to talk to you, to tell you everything." She said.

"I don't want to hear anything from you." He said as he was about to walk off.

"Please Darius, I'll tell you the truth you deserve to know. I'm truly sorry, please." She said. He turned around and looked at her for a brief moment before smacking his lips and walking off.

She chased him down the hall saying his name. I left and went to my locker.

...

After school I did my usual routine which was change, eat and watch tv. Darius would be here in an hour so I had a bit of free time.

My mom was home so I could use her to occupy me.

"How was school?" She asked.

"Nothing new. If you don't mind l have a friend coming over so we can work on our project." I said.

"Girl or boy?" She asked.

"Boy." I say. She looked at me for a brief moment before agreeing.

"Okay sure since it's for school."

"Nothing else ma, trust me." I laughed. My mind went back to the whole Kim situation.

"Ma there's something you should k-" I got interrupted by her phone ringing.

"It's your aunty, I can call her back after."

"It's fine it can wait. Tell her I said hi." I said. She nodded before picking up.

I went back to my room and saw Justine talking on the phone. Not just any phone, it was my phone.

"Justine who you talking to?" I asked. She looked at me and told me to be quiet.

"Sorry that was my sister. So whats your name again?" She said. I grabbed the phone from her and read the caller ID. My mouth dropped when it read Trent.

"Justine why would you pick up without consulting through me?" I whispered. She shrugged innocently and left the room. I pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hey sorry about that"I said nervously.

"It's alright, she's sounded cute." He chuckled.

"It can be annoying at times." I rolled my eyes.

"I see. Were you busy?"

"No I was with my mom."

"Ok, I was calling to know if you have any plans this weekend?"'He asked.

"Not that I know of, no."

"In that case we should hangout again. I enjoyed myself last time with you."

"We should. Ditching the annual college game?" I laugh.

"There's always next year." He chuckled.

"Well I'm in. When?"

"Is this Saturday evening good?" He asked.

"Yep, I always sleep in anyways."

"Cool, it'll just be a casual thing."

"Got it."

"This time can I pick you up, I'll feel better if I do." He said. I smiled and bit my lip.

"Okay, but I'll meet you outside."

"Sure. I gotta go, I'll see you Saturday."

"Bye." I smiled and hung up.

I couldn't wait for Saturday. Trent seemed like a nice attractive person and a good friend. I didn't see myself catching feelings for him yet. I know soon it will build cause for me it takes time.

"Des?" Justine popped her head in the room.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend is here." She smiled before running off.

I checked my time and noticed he came earlier than he should. I fix myself before heading downstairs. I saw him in the foyer talking with my mom. Oh no.

"You know me and my husband met in English class." My mom said.

"Did you?" He asked while glancing up at me. My mom nodded and was about to say something else.

"Ma." I said.

"Just meeting your friend honey. I'm gonna be in the other room, come by if you guys need anything." She said.

"We probably won't." I said. She looks at me before walking off with Justine.

Darius started laughing out of nowhere making me frown at him.

"What?" I asked.

"I though she was your sister when I saw her. She looked pleased but offended." He laughs.

"She gets that all the time. She prefers to look classy and grown which I find weird." I say. We make our way to the living room and sat down.

"Now let's make you get that 80%." I said.

"Agreed." He smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580 2 12
Dreams a party animal to say the least, a wild card, someone that's always down for whatever whenever. But she's also the queen of getting her get ba...
81.6K 4.1K 49
Harry, a young handsome son of a slaver is known for his womanizing and partying until one day, he encounters a beautiful young slave.
45.3K 1.9K 17
[๐‚๐Ž๐Œ๐๐‹๐„๐“๐„๐ƒ] ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘. โ” โSatoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years of their break-up, and she refuses to a...