Our Last Hope ( The Walking D...

By DreamsOfMind

Megan Neil is a badass zombie slayer and a perfectionist at killing and survival. It's been a couple of lonel... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Supplies
Chapter 2- Sheriff
Chapter 4- Respect Isn't Given
Chapter 5- The Past Haunts Us
Chapter 6- Falling
Chapter 7- Company
SORRY
Thanks :)
PROMISE
Chapter 8- Peaceful
Chapter 9- Games
Well Then... (SPOILERS)
Chapter 10- The Darkness

Chapter 3- No Escape

5.2K 131 26
By DreamsOfMind

I woke up and I couldn't move. I looked and saw my hands and legs were tied to a chair. I started shouting and I wouldn't stop.

"LET ME GO YOU FREAKING PSYCHOPATHS!!" I screamed as I shook the chair and I fell over.

I hit my head on the floor and groaned in pain, I wondered if I still had my knifes but I couldn't check which sucked. I observed the room and saw that I was infact in a cell. Caged up like an animal I thought. I heard muttering then footsteps coming towards the cell, I looked up as I saw the boy unlocking the cell holding a tray. I was still awkwardly lying on the floor tied onto the chair but I just glared at him. He didn't say anything he just pulled the chair upright and cut the ties off my hands and left the tray. There was a bowl on the tray filled with soup and a glass of water. That idiot left the tray too far away for me to grab and I was really hungry. I checked my pockets to discover that they took my knifes and I cursed under my breath. I check my doc martins for my secret knife and it was still there. I smirked as I took out the knife and cut my legs free. I stood up and my legs were a bit wobbly but I managed. I grabbed the tray and had a feast, but I really wanted to escape this place. I regreted the day I even looked at this place, why did I climb over the fence in the first place? The cell door was locked and I couldn't do anything, There was no window or anything so I was screwed. But I heard footsteps again and this time I clutched my throwing knife in my hand, looked like I was gonna have to kill my way out. The footsteps got closer and closer and the sheriff appeared at the gate, he looked at me with wide eyes but I launched my knife at him. He tried to dodge but the knife lodged itself in his arm and he collapsed to the ground. I reached my hands through the cell gate and got the keys off him, I unlocked the door and he was still alive. I took his pistol and just whispered "I'm sorry."

"Yo-you won't get away with th-this." he stuttered.

" At least your alive dumbass." I smirked as I ran down the corrider away from him.

I had no clue how to get out and to be honest I was pretty scared, what would they do to me if they caught me again? I shook off these thoughts and continued walking through the hallways.

"Stop right there." 

I spun around and saw a man and the boy that knocked me out, I immediantly drew on them with the gun and one held up a crossbow while the boy held up a pistol.

"Let me go." I calmly said but I was interrupted by the boy shouting.

"That's my Dad's gun!" he ran at me suddenly and made me fall on the ground.

I struggled and he pinned me down and kicked the pistol out of reach, he held his gun to the side of my head and I felt the cold metal.

"Do it." I told him.

"I could freaking kill you right now." he hissed at me but the man pulled him off.

I made a run for it but the way out the hallway the cell gate was locked. 

I turned around and they were both standing there glaring at me, the man grabbed me harshly by my arm and sat me down at a table. I'd understood at this point that there was no escape, so there was no point trying. I saw the sheriff walk in with a huge bandage on his arm and he looked in pain and I felt guilty.

"Now, I'm gonna try to discuss this thang like civillised people would okay?" he said calmly.

I was surprised at his tone, I thought he would lock me up or kill me but I guess not.

"Now I'm Rick and this is Daryl," he pointed to the man with the crossbow then he pointed at the young boy " and this is my son Carl."

He just glared at me and I glared back, looked like we wern't gonna be friends anytime soon. After all I did throw a knife at his Dad and try to escape. 

"Name and age?" Rick asked.

"Megan and I'm 15." I barely got out.

"How many walkers have you killed, and people?"

"Lost count, and about 6 people." I whispered.

" Well Megan I want you to go on walker duty with Carl," Rick went right up into face and hissed "try anythang and I will kill you understand?"

I nodded my head and followed Carl to whatever the hell ' walker duty ' was. There is no escape but I will get away from this hellhole, eventually..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 5.2K 51
Amara Grimes life has been turned upside down. First her mother dies. Then her father is shot. A zombie apocalypse is the next logical step right? Wi...
19.1K 470 43
the dead rose-the world fell, but carsyn walsh rose higher. with her family at her side, she grew stronger, smarter, braver... what she didn't expect...
414 43 6
❝ 𝐦𝐚𝐀𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐝, 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐒𝐫π₯ ❞ Charlotte Greene had always thought everything would be fine. She thought that the illness that caused...
16.7K 494 9
A few years from not having communication with each other, Adelaide Walsh was asked by her older brother to visit King County to fix their relationsh...