A Trade Of Hearts |✔

By thedarkempress2123

Hate at first sight, revenge at next and then comes total chaos! ∆∆∆ "The ones you love the most have the pow... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1: Grumpy Beginnings
CHAPTER 2: Bad Impressions
CHAPTER 3: Guest Of Honour
CHAPTER 4: Troubled Waters
CHAPTER 5: The Price To Pay
CHAPTER 6: Unapologetic
CHAPTER 7: Hot Wheels
CHAPTER 8: Playing Foul
CHAPTER 9: New Direction
CHAPTER 10: Shopaholic
CHAPTER 11: Party Pooper
CHAPTER 12: Hangover Diaries
CHAPTER 13: Competitive Spirits
CHAPTER 14: Speak To The Devil
CHAPTER 15: Familiar Faces
CHAPTER 16: Planning In Progress...
CHAPTER 17: An Almost Date
CHAPTER 18: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
CHAPTER 19: Burning The Midnight Oil
CHAPTER 20: The Day Before D-Day
CHAPTER 21:Too Good To Be True?
CHAPTER 22: Crying Over Spilt Wine
CHAPTER 23: Salvaging The Remains
CHAPTER 24: Imperfectly Perfect Ohana
CHAPTER 25: A Silver Lining
CHAPTER 26: Every Snowflake Is Unique
CHAPTER 27: An Onslaught Of Icy Spheres
CHAPTER 28: Tell Me Everything
CHAPTER 29: Keep Me A Secret
CHAPTER 30: I Mean Business!
CHAPTER 31: Win
CHAPTER 32: Kitty Cats
CHAPTER 33: Thief With An Audi?
CHAPTER 34: Changing Dynamics
CHAPTER 35: I Don't Belong
CHAPTER 36: Stranger On The Aisle Seat
CHAPTER 37: Murphy's Law
CHAPTER 38: Dreaming In The Dark
CHAPTER 39: Green-Eyed Devil
CHAPTER 40: Destiny's Call
CHAPTER 41: Spiked Mistakes
CHAPTER 42: Word Of Mouth
CHAPTER 43: Rain On My Parade
CHAPTER 44: A Dance To Remember
CHAPTER 45: Lunch From Hell
CHAPTER 46: Old Flames, New Fires
CHAPTER 47: Kissing Is The Easy Part
CHAPTER 48: Misplaced Emotions
CHAPTER 49: Picture Perfect
CHAPTER 50: Satan Santa
CHAPTER 51: The Grinch And The Christmas Elf
CHAPTER 52: Second Chances?
CHAPTER 53: Hope Is Fickle, Death Is Not
CHAPTER 54: Subterfuge
CHAPTER 55: Discount Detectives
CHAPTER 56: Shadows Of Yesterday
CHAPTER 57: Forever Is Not My Cup Of Tea
CHAPTER 58: Liquid Temper
CHAPTER 59: As Silent As A Graveyard
CHAPTER 60: Knight In Shining Armour...Or Not?
CHAPTER 61: Fall Of An Empire
CHAPTER 62: Two Lovers And A Lie
CHAPTER 63: Anonymous Friend
CHAPTER 64: The Ace Up My Sleeve
CHAPTER 65: Crash Course
CHAPTER 66: My Girl
CHAPTER 67: I Promise
Author's Note
|Epilogue-2: Birthday Surprise|
Author's Note
|Epilogue-3: Do I?|
|Epilogue- 4:Sunset|
Final Author's Note

|Epilogue-1: Waffles And Cream|

85K 2.8K 269
By thedarkempress2123

A/N: Stay tuned for the other two parts of it that will come as soon as I finish writing them. Thanks for your patience, love and support.

Love you guys😍😍

VANESSA

2nd March

"There is no point of this! I can't do this anymore, Adrian!", I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Well, if you've made up your mind already, there is definitely no point at all.", he huffed irritably.

"I haven't made up my mind...it is just that I...I...," I swallowed, "I don't want to hurt you and I know that if I do this I will be so..."

"So, you made up your mind...like I said not two minutes before."

"Why are you pushing me so much? Will hell break lose if I don't drive again?"

"Heaven too, Nessa! The first thing you did when you turned eighteen was get your driver's license, you can name every car that I have, you have driven half of them too. You love cars, you love driving. It isn't a daily activity for you, it is your passion and now you just want to give that up?"

"I have tried, okay! For the past three weeks that you have been coming over, every morning at six, I have tried but it is not happening! I can't drive anymore. Every time I put my feet on the accelerator, my heart begins to race and my mind became clouded with the thought of every thing that could potentially go wrong. I can't torture myself like this! I can't sit her day after day and disappoint you and me all over again."

I shut my eyes, resting my head on the steering wheel. I was exhausted...mentally more than physically. At six thirty in the morning, I should be having sweet dreams not facing my worst nightmare!

Adrian lightly shook me, "Nessa, get up."

"I don't want to do this." I said, leaning back in my seat, my eyes still glued to the steering wheel as tears brimmed up in them. I couldn't face him. I felt terrible that he was trying so hard and I just couldn't.

"I know you are scared. You have had a horrible experience but you have to get through it. You can't let one incidence change your life, you can't give Blake that much power over you....if you do, he won."

My head snapped back to Adrian's face," Just last week, Blake has been sentenced to jail for twenty five years for one third degree murder, two attempts to murder and other charges. He. Did. Not. Win!"

"So when you know all this, why are you still afraid?"

"Its not that simple...what if I lose control of the vehicle and hurt someone or hurt you?"

"And why would any of that happen? It isn't the first time that you are driving, is it? We are specifically out on the street so early so that no one else would be out here and you get a free lane. What is holding you back?", Adrian reasoned.

I nodded, taking in a deep breath.

I started the engine and gripped the steering wheel tightly, looking ahead at the road.

I took in a deep breath and my heart began to race again as I put my feet on the accelerator. I heard the familiar hum of the car as it started to sluggishly push forward.

Then, the flashes made their way across my head...of Blake's Porshe...the gunshots...and the accident...I instantly pulled out the keys.

I felt horrible, helpless and weak...the three things I never wanted to feel.

"I am sorry.",I whispered.

"You don't have to be. What happened to you is not your fault and the fact that you are trying is more than enough. I am proud of you.", Adrian said, placing his warm hand onto mine.

"I can't get it out of my head. Every time I start driving, my mind goes back to what happened. I don't want to think about it but I just can't stop."

"Why don't you think about how you felt like when you first drove a car and try again."

"I don't think that will..."

"Help?",Adrian interrupted me," You won't know what will help until you don't try. Let's try this one last time, okay? I won't pester you again for the rest of the day, I promise."

I reluctantly placed my hands back on the steering wheel. I looked at my watch to see the time. If only I could find a way to stall him long enough, it would be time to go to office and I wouldn't have to drive.

Then, my eyes fell on the date and I found the perfect way to carry out my plan.

"Oh! Adrian, do you know what's today?"

"The day you drive?", Adrian frowned.

I wish!

"Check the date."

He looked at his watch,"Why? It's 2nd March...Oh wow! 2nd. It really has been two months, huh?"

"I know, right? I can't believe you are still here.", I smiled.

"I told you I love you, Nessa and I meant it.", he said, his eyes gleaming with sincerity.

"This must be, what? The longest relationship in your whole life? I can already imagine all the headlines on the tabloids.", I giggled.

Adrian pretended to hold a mic in his hand,"Has the player retired from his game?"

I imitated him," Has he met his coach?"

"Wow! Why should the game continue when I have already won the prize?", Adrian winked.

"Ooh! I guess that seals it. I love you. Very, very much."

Adrian smiled,"I love you too! Well, once we go back in, why don't we celebrate a little?"

"Will you make waffles?",I licked my lips, remembering how delicious they were when he first cooked it on my twenty-fifth birthday, last month.

"Okay...but only if you drive...",he challenged me.

I widened my eyes. I though he'd forget!

"...If you are done trying to stall me.", he smirked.

Damn it!

"Okay, fine. I'll try again.", I sighed as I started the car once again. Before I put my feet on the gas pedal, I turned around to look at him,"Just in case I still mess up..."

"I am in this with you...and trust yourself, you won't."

I took in a deep breath as my heartbeats began quickening.

I nodded.

This was it.

Blake was too far away to ever hurt me again.

Today was a good day too.

What could go wrong?

I just had to think about the first time I drove a car...

Nate had taught me to drive. It was what I had asked for as my sixteenth birthday present. Well, I had actually asked dad but he was too busy so...

Well, I had slipped into Nate's car after dad assured him that if I broke it, he would get a new one of his choice and he was kind of hoping that I would bump into a wall or something.

Some of my friends at school already knew how to drive and I knew my ABC...well literally the ABC:

Accelerator, Break, Clutch.

Nate was quite a patient teacher, surprisingly. It took me a week of just sitting, observing and understanding before I was even allowed to be in the driver's seat. I didn't crash his car though, not until Nate begged me to so that he could get a new car and I had to deliberately bump into a road sign.

Sorry dad!

The first time I drove was possibly the most euphoric moment of my life...at that time. Now, 2nd January was the best...the day everything came together.

I imitated now, what I had done back when I was sixteen.

I rolled down the window and placed my right feet on the break pedal as I shifted the gear from parking to first. I then put it on the gas pedal and the car jolted to a start. I was sucked back into my seat as my nerves were replaced with a rush of adrenalin.

I got the car out of it's lane and moved to another and I began to press down on the pedal further as I shifted from first to the third gear.

After taking two rounds of Yorkville, at a speed of about 25 mph, I felt a little adventurous.

"I'm going to the FDR drive.", I announced, looking towards the passenger seat

"Wow! Being brave, are we?", Adrian raised his eyebrows.

FDR drive was where I had crashed two months ago...

"I have to do it. Like you said, now or never.",I shifted to fourth gear as I drove onto the FDR drive, my speedometer indicating 35 mph.

My grip on the steering wheel loosened and soon I was driving effortlessly, a smile of satisfaction and pride plastered on my face and wind whipping through my hair.

After a good twenty minutes of driving, I made my was at back to Yorkville.

As I stopped the car in front of my house, a sense of relief came over me as I let out a huge sigh.

I could drive again!

Resting my head back on the car seat, I looked at Adrian,"Guess you don't have to drop me to my office anymore."

"Guess not.",He smiled," Come on. Let's make you your waffles now."

I stepped out of the car and went directly to the kitchen.

Adrian suggested," Why don't you go changed out of your PJ's. I'll get the breakfast ready."

"Okay. But do you know where all the ingredients are?"

"Yup."

"And how I want my waffles?"

"Two waffles with extra whipped cream and extra chocolate."

"Perfect.", I smiled to myself as I went to my room.

I quickly showered and changed into a black t-shirt and blue jeans. I put on a little lipstick and eyeliner along with a pair of golden hoops and picked up my blue, open-front blazer to go back to the kitchen.

I kept my blazer next to my bag, on the sofa in the now fully furnished drawing room. Adrian and Charlotte really helped me get my house set up this January and I think I was really pleased with how it looked.

I went into the kitchen to see Adrian still beating eggs.

Before I could say anything, Adrian complained," When were you going to tell me that you are out of whipped cream?"

My eyes fell upon the huge bowl of whipped cream and I tried to dip my finger into it,"Wait! Oh god! You didn't just whip fresh cream, did you?"

"Don't touch it.",He swatted my hand away.

I scrunched my face up in disapproval.

"So, you need any help from me?"

"Nope. I am almost done. Just grab me the cooking spray."

I picked it up from the cabinet above but just when I was about to give it him, I got a mischievous idea.

My plan was to distract Adrian and eat some of the whipped cream.

I gave him the spray and asked him if it was too old to use. He began to check the expiry date and I put my hand in the bowl of whipped cream but before I could get any, Adrian slid the bowl away from me.

He smirked," Not so faa...", but stopped mid-sentence as the packet of flour resting on the bowl spilled all over my dress and the floor.

I gasped and then instinctively grabbed a handful of cream from the bowl and slapped it onto his face.

Adrian looked at me in horror, his blue eyes widening and his mouth still open. He looked hilarious. I tried to hold it in but couldn't and I burst out laughing.

"You little...", He wiped the cream off his face and ran for me.

I leaped over the sofa, still laughing, as I tried to confuse him as to which way I would go but he jumped on top of the sofa and I ran towards the door.

Before I could go out or try anything else, Adrian caught hold of me and pinned me to the wall, his one hand on the wall beside me and the other, filled with whipped cream, aiming for my face.

In my defense, I looked up at him, puffing up my face and pouting, trying to make the cutest face imaginable.

Adrian began laughing," What are you doing? You look like a chipmunk!"

"What? I do not."

"You do."

"Okay, let me try again.", I said, batting my eyelashes.

"I guess you are cute, huh?", he said slyly, leaning towards me. He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me against him.

I closed my eyes, parting my lips but instead of his warm lips, I was met with a splash of cold whipped cream.

I groaned,"You are a horrible person.", as Adrian double over laughing.

Before I could come up with how to deal with him, the door bell rang.

We looked at each other to see who looked decent enough to open the door and whispered," Shit!"

I ran towards the washroom, tossing him a handtowel and asked him, "You do it."

He shook his head and opened the door while I slipped into the washroom. I washed my face and dusted the flour off my dress. I looked back in the mirror and once I was presentable enough, I stepped out.

I went over to the door to see Adrian greeting someone.

It was Kate.

"Mom!", I instantly hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me but she was a little stiff.

I ignored it and looked back at her, holding onto her hand,"I'm so glad you are here. You know what, we were going to eat waffles. You should join us. Come on in!"

I turned around to go in but she didn't budge.

I frowned," Is something wrong?"

She drew in a sharp breath before looking back at the car that had just parked next to Adrian's car,"I didn't come alone."

My stomach churned and no, it wasn't due to hunger.

He couldn't be here.

For the past two months, none of us had heard from him.

Jennifer had cried innumerable times, thinking that he wouldn't even come to give her away to Jacob and Nate kept blaming himself for all of it while Kate was worried that something had happened to him, because he wouldn't pick up any calls.

He couldn't just show up here like this.

However, he did.

I froze as my doubt became reality, when he stepped out of the car, looking straight at me.

Dad!

Adrian swore under his breath and I tried my best to avert my gaze from dad before I reacted.

I looked at mom," Has he met Nate and Jen."

"No. He wanted to see you first."

I gulped, looking up at Adrian and we both simultaneously cursed under our breaths.

This wasn't good, this was so not good!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
49.7K 1.6K 39
I search for a bad and hurtful word to throw at him, but nothing came into my mind, probably because he's so fucking perfect. "I have never seen some...
170K 5.2K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...
71.4K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...