Call of the Void - New Moon

By theoriginalvel

After discovering her true destiny, Alexandria Grier learns to cope with her ancestral history and her legacy... More

Author's Note
Sovereignty
Important Author's Note
Eye of the Storm
AUTHOR'S NOTE
note.
LONG AWAITED author's note

Birthday Junction

730 12 5
By theoriginalvel

The basement was cold. There was a large wiccan circle prominent in the middle of the floor. The book stand held the Book of Shadows. Adelaide lit the candles that surrounded the circle, each of them glowing red with the flame. Alexandria flopped through the book, but it was so damn big that she would never find the right page. It was four in the morning and the girls had school, but they needed to know. Their parents would kill them if they found out that their daughters were practicing magic, much less at this hour. A chilly wind blew through the basement, prompting all three of the girls to shiver.

"It has to be in here." Alex mumbled before the pages started to flip rapidly by themselves. The stand that the book stood on rocked back and forth a bit before it settled on the right page. The title was bolded in fancy letters: Summoning A Demon.

Alex felt her breathing hitch as she read the spell in her mind. She had to say it with Adelaide, and had to be ready if the demon tried anything. Adelaide grabbed the athamé that stood near her, ready the throw it at the demon if need be. Alex held the Book of Shadows in her arms, the object being heavy with all the words of the supernatural entities that flooded its pages. Catalina stood in between the girls' legs, holding onto them with her chubby baby fingers. She nearly wobbled back onto the floor, but she kept herself steady and put her fingers in her mouth before rubbing them back on Adelaide's bare leg. Together, the girls read the spell.

"We call to the forces throughout space and time, magic forces of day and night," They read. You could hear the shaking in their voices. This was the first spell they had casted, and it was a very dangerous one at that. "Be he far or be he near, we summon the demon Macabi here." They finished the spell as wind blew viciously throughout the room. The small flicker of light that the candles brought in the basement had become tall bursts of fire, the flames nearly incinerating them. Adelaide hastily picked up Cat and Alex pulled them both back.

The demon Macabi was one of great anger and power. As a human, his entire family was killed by the plague, including his fiancé. Clothed in a black suit and with blood red eyes, he had the ability to feed on people's life sources, specifically women's, and to deconstruct their bodies to rebuild his lost love. But Macabi was not the one who ended up in the circle. A looming figure, one who was dressed in black robes and a covered face. He came in a wave of fire, one that shook the entire house.

"Huh. I assumed that the Power of Three ended with your mother." He said as he slowly stalked towards them, exiting the circle. It was hard to tell his gender, but they could tell under all of the gravely noise his voice made. The girls moved back, and Adelaide threw the athamé. While it did hit him, he simply pulled it out with ease. Obsidian colored liquid covered the blade. Alex held her sisters behind her back, her heart nearly beating out of her chest. It was the Source.

"The Source Of All Evil." She whispered harshly. She didn't know how she could tell, but the ruler of the underworld smiled at her. A sinister snarl, more like it. He stalked closer, and Alex was prepared to use her powers at any time. When she tried to use her telekinesis, it wouldn't work. Why wouldn't it work?

"Ah, so you've heard of me? I'm...well, I'm charmed." He told her, before using her own power against her. While her sisters tried to kill her back, Alex felt herself gliding effortlessly to him, before she unwillingly stood right in front of him. "Although, you know me by another name. I want you to say it." He said as he took the hood of his robe off. In front of her stood the same blonde haired, red eyed tracker vampire who tried to kill her. He grabbed her by her throat and applied pressure, not so much choking her but causing her breathing to become heavy and ragged. "Say it. Say my name."

"James." Alexandria whispered in fright. With his supernatural speed, James spun Alex around and pressed her back against his chest. His free arm slithered around her stomach, causing her to look away. She didn't like how he was touching her. It disgusted her to no end. The hand that was on her neck moved to roughly tug on her chin, forcefully turning her head to face her sisters. Hot tears streamed down her face and onto his hand, causing him to laugh haughtily. "Look at them. Look at them!" He screamed in her ear. Her eyes had been closed, open now. She didn't want to face her sisters like this. Not like this.

"I should make them kneel. Make them watch as I kill you." He whispered, his head pushed against hers. His hot breath was on her neck and she struggled within his grasp. "Let me go." She said quietly, hoping to keep the quivering in her voice to a minimum. "Where are you trying to run off to, beautiful? Didn't you miss me?" James asked her. He felt her pull and tug, but the blonde bloodsucker only held onto her harder. "Adelaide, get out of here." Alex told her sternly. James looked at the younger girl before making a tsk noise.

"Leave, and you're next." He threatened as she held Alex closer to his chest. His hand traveled down her side, causing her whimper. He was recreating what her captor did when he had her in the cellar. Alex choked back a sob. James did something unexpected. He spun her around to face him and then planted a deep kiss on Alexandria's lips. The smell of her blood as it surged through her was electrifying. To his surprise, Alex kissed him back. If she was going to die, she wanted to feel something, anything before she did. He roughly held her hair as his lips attacked hers, and she could taste the metallic flavor of blood in his mouth and on his tongue. His hand slid down her back and tugged her closer to his body. This is when Alex realized what she was doing. She pushed him off of her.

"Mmh, don't tell Victoria," He said, nearly out of breath as they separated. "She might kill you." He joked menacingly before sinking his teeth into her neck. Alex thrashed and screamed while she writhed in his hands. Catalina started screaming and crying, as did Adelaide. The venom from his teeth deeper into her blood stream, causing her to scream even louder. It all went black after that, for it was all a dream.

Alex woke up in a cold sweat, her heart beating 3x the norma rate. She put her hand on her chest to try and nullify the ringing that it had in her ears and the other parts of her body, but it only did little help. She felt unwanted vibrance and was scared about it. Her parents had to know what dreams meant. Alex took several deep breaths, and eventually calmed herself down in the following minutes. The brunette girl pulled down her white tank top from it being ridden up her chest. She was thrashing in her bed so much that her clothes were all mangled. She pushed herself to get out of bed, and saw two pearly white pills and a glass of water. This was the first time she was pleased to see her medication. Alexandria put the two pills in her mouth and swallowed them down with water, shivering as she felt them slowly descend down her throat. Alex blinked before taking another gulp of water, then another, and then another, until the glass was empty.

She got ready for school, getting in and out of the shower quickly. Alex tang her wet hair out and opened the bathroom door to see her sister Adelaide at the door. The older girl jumped at her sister, who gave her a grin before motioning her to get out of the bathroom. "Give me a minute." Alex told the young teen. Adelaide huffed and scratched the back of her head. Alex wasn't even taking that long, but the younger sister was in a hurry this morning for some reason. Alex dried her hair at an agonizingly slow pace just to push off her sister. When Adelaide hit her arm, Alexandria laughed before moving out of her way.

She went back to the attic and got ready, putting on some clothes. The girl didn't know what she was going to wear, so she just blindly chose from her closet. Alex pulled out a grey New York City shirt, one that was wide and overlooked the skyline. She slipped on black jeans, and a large blue flannel button up that she left unbuttoned. Putting on black ankle socks, Alex slipped into her signature black combat boots and slid a couple of silver bracelets on her wrist. Like a wet dog, Alex shook her hair to make it dry quicker. She knew that if she turned on her blow dryer, it would wake up and scare the baby. Once it finally started to dry, Alex brushed it out. She heard banging coming from downstairs before hearing her mother.

"Alex, come down here please!" Daphne yelled upstairs. Alex pulled her book bag on one of her shoulders before walking downstairs. When she got down there, she saw her mother standing in the kitchen. There was yellow ooze dripping from the walls, ingredients all spread on the counters and the island, and it smelled like funky herbs. Daphne was noticeably irritated in the mess her kitchen was made into. Alex had to stifle a laugh as she saw her mother's mouth form a thin line.

"I told you guys to clean up after you make potions." The older woman told her daughter. Alex felt air go through her nostrils. "I didn't do this." She exclaimed. Daphne made a 'huh' noise before shifting her pose, her hand now on her hip. "Adelaide!" She yelled, causing her present daughter to cringe. Daphne look at her and stopped making noise.

"I put your medicine near your bed. Did you take it?" She asked as she heard sluggish footsteps come down the stairs. Alex nodded before feeling the presence of her sister Adelaide. The girl was dressed already, opting for a long sleeve black shirt and jeans with dark red sneakers. She had a book in her hand and looked down at her shoes sheepishly. Daphne made another sound. She handed her eldest daughter a small jewelry box. "It's Bella's birthday present." She told her before looking at the other girl in the room.

"Did you do this?" She asked her middle child. Adelaide nodded solemnly. Daphne picked up some cleaning supplies and handed it to her daughter. "Clean it up." She said. Alex went into the fridge to take one of Cat's juice boxes. This was going to be her breakfast for the day. After that nightmare, she didn't think she puked keep anything heavier down. Adelaide glared at her while she drank the juice box. "Hey," Alex beckoned her. The teen looked at her older sister.

"What were you even making?" Alex questioned as she heard the loud rumble that informed her that she was out of juice. Adelaide wiped up the last of the foreign matter before washing her hands. "Sleeping potion. I was having trouble last night." She said. Alex rolled her eyes. Their parents had explained things like that. The girls couldn't use magic for personal gain, or else it would have bizarre consequences.

"Personal gain." Alex remarked in a singsong voice before grabbing her father's keys off of the hook in the back door's small foyer. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." Adelaide muttered under her breath as Alex went out the front door. Before she could step outside, a hand was placed on her shoulder. When she turned around, she saw her father giving her a small smile. "Try not to wreck this car, honey." He told her. The man had been talking a lot more since the girls found out that they were witches. There were still many complications in their lives, and Matthew and Daphne didn't think that they were well prepared for the future supernatural attacks that would be bestowed upon them. But for now, everything was calm, and that is all that mattered.

"Oh, so you have jokes this morning?" She said sarcastically, earning a laugh from her father. He embraced her and planted a chaste kiss on her hairline before he let her go off to school.

Alex parked in a spot, and lit up when she saw Bella's red pickup truck near her car. Alex looked in the small velvety box that her mother handed her this morning. It was a simple and small circular necklace with a shiny maroon pendant in it. Daphne had given Bella a hexenspiegel protection necklace. She told Alex a few weeks ago that she felt like Bella would often be in danger, so she got the necklace for her as a gift. Alex shoved it in the bottom of her bag before getting out of the car.

She saw Edward and Bella talking. Edward gave her a small smile as she walked up to the two and playfully kicked Bella in her bottom. Edward laughed while Bella made a small noise. When she saw that Alex was the culprit, she sighed and leaned awkwardly back into her boyfriend. "You're officially older than me." Alex mused with a false frown. Bella gave her an uneasy noise before Alex held the girl in a sweet hug. "Happy birthday, Bella." She said. Alex held onto Bella a bit tighter than usual. The dream she had really shook her up. As she thought back to it, Edward gave her a pained look. She pulled away from his girlfriend before clearing her throat.

"Gotta go." Alex told the two as she began to walk away before Edward could question her. She knew he would do it at some point, but at least she could stall. "Okay. Bye." Bella called after the girl. Alex blew them a kiss before going into the building. Alex found herself walking to the girls' bathroom, and being relieved when she found it empty. The brunette witch sat her bag down on the white tiled floor, and put her hands on either side of the sink. She gripped the sink with strength as she stared into her own eyes in the mirror. The school never found who broke it, so they just replaced it. Alex focused as she saw her crystal blue eyes. She knew Edward was thinking about what he had read from her mind. And she knew that he would be wanting to talk to her about it.

"Train my mind's eye to look into the in between," She recited, randomly making up the spell as she went along. She was hoping to spot their location so she could avoid him easily. Alex knew that she would have to talk with him eventually, seeing as he saw James in her thoughts, alive and well, making out with her. It just made no sense since he was dead. "Allow me to see what is unseen." Alex's eyes went from white and blue to a full inky black color. She could no longer see her reflection. After gasping, she could suddenly see outside, to where she was standing minutes before. She saw Jacob Black talking to Bella, and Edward noticeably pissed. Alex wondered if her mind's eye was strong enough to physically touch something. So, she tried. Alex focused on the wind itself, and tried to blow it through Bella's hair. Unfortunately, it didn't work, and Alex was pulled from her mind's eye and fell on the floor, her head in pain. She could see stars and she felt depleted of energy. The girl quickly gathered her belongings and moved out of the bathroom.

Alex stumbled from the bathroom to see Edward and Bella walking her way. "This is where you went?' Bella asked her friend, her eyebrow raised. "I had to pee." Alex lied before walking with them. It was a whole crowd of people swarming near them before the trio saw Alice jump from the railing to see Bella. "Happy birthday!" She said as she gave the girl a hug. "Shhh." Bella retorted harshly. Alex saw Jasper give her a smile. Alice was apologizing to Bella when Alex went over to him. He instinctively wrapped an arm around her smaller frame, giving her a kiss on her hair. "Hi." He said in that southern accent she swooned for. He always hid it when he was at school or in public, but he knew she loved it.

"Hi." She replied, breathing in his scent. He smelled...sweet. And warm. Like a calm Sunday night. Alex blinked back the stars that were still swarming her vision, and nearly tripped over nothing as Jasper held her steady. Fortunately, no one else in the bustling hallways noticed. "Are you alright, darlin'?" He asked her with a concerned voice. Alex nodded before sighing. The two watched Bella and Alice bicker over of she was having a party or not. "I was testing my powers...seeing how strong my mind's eye is. Not that strong." She said with a tired laugh. Jasper got a bit more stern. He was more protective over her now that she found out about her powers. It took so much of her energy and she needed that energy to push through her school day.

"I thought we agreed that it wasn't a good idea for you to be using magic during school. I don't want you to get hurt." He told her in a hushed voice, pulling her in closer to his side. Before she could respond, she sensed that Jasper was projecting his power onto someone. When she looked over, she saw Bella agreeing with Alice's idea for a party. "Yay! See you at 7." Alice said before walking up to Alex and Jasper. Bella realized what Jasper did and huffed.

"Jasper, no fair with the mood control thing." Bella exclaimed. Alice giggled at her and Jasper smirked. "Sorry Bella. Happy..." He began the phrase before seeing her expression. "Never mind." He told her. Alex rolled her eyes at him. "So I can't use my powers but you can use yours." She mumbled as he kissed her head again. Alice had embraced Alex in a hug. The two had become friends just like she had predicted. "Hey, Alex. Are you coming to the party tonight too?" Alice asked her after pulling away.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Alex replies to the pixie girl. Alice smiled happily before Jasper began rubbing Alex's back. "I'll see you later, sugar." He said before chastely kissing her cheek. He walked away with Alice, the shorter girl still skipping along with him. Alex knew that she and Alice were friends, and that the brunette vampire would never hurt her. But she also acknowledged the fact that the two are still legally married and have been for 50 years. Feelings like that didn't just go away. It was a relationship that could never be broken. Alex huffed and went to her classroom, her head still spinning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 49.9K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
111K 3.3K 26
a paige bueckers story.
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...