Birthday Junction

The basement was cold. There was a large wiccan circle prominent in the middle of the floor. The book stand held the Book of Shadows. Adelaide lit the candles that surrounded the circle, each of them glowing red with the flame. Alexandria flopped through the book, but it was so damn big that she would never find the right page. It was four in the morning and the girls had school, but they needed to know. Their parents would kill them if they found out that their daughters were practicing magic, much less at this hour. A chilly wind blew through the basement, prompting all three of the girls to shiver.

"It has to be in here." Alex mumbled before the pages started to flip rapidly by themselves. The stand that the book stood on rocked back and forth a bit before it settled on the right page. The title was bolded in fancy letters: Summoning A Demon.

Alex felt her breathing hitch as she read the spell in her mind. She had to say it with Adelaide, and had to be ready if the demon tried anything. Adelaide grabbed the athamé that stood near her, ready the throw it at the demon if need be. Alex held the Book of Shadows in her arms, the object being heavy with all the words of the supernatural entities that flooded its pages. Catalina stood in between the girls' legs, holding onto them with her chubby baby fingers. She nearly wobbled back onto the floor, but she kept herself steady and put her fingers in her mouth before rubbing them back on Adelaide's bare leg. Together, the girls read the spell.

"We call to the forces throughout space and time, magic forces of day and night," They read. You could hear the shaking in their voices. This was the first spell they had casted, and it was a very dangerous one at that. "Be he far or be he near, we summon the demon Macabi here." They finished the spell as wind blew viciously throughout the room. The small flicker of light that the candles brought in the basement had become tall bursts of fire, the flames nearly incinerating them. Adelaide hastily picked up Cat and Alex pulled them both back.

The demon Macabi was one of great anger and power. As a human, his entire family was killed by the plague, including his fiancé. Clothed in a black suit and with blood red eyes, he had the ability to feed on people's life sources, specifically women's, and to deconstruct their bodies to rebuild his lost love. But Macabi was not the one who ended up in the circle. A looming figure, one who was dressed in black robes and a covered face. He came in a wave of fire, one that shook the entire house.

"Huh. I assumed that the Power of Three ended with your mother." He said as he slowly stalked towards them, exiting the circle. It was hard to tell his gender, but they could tell under all of the gravely noise his voice made. The girls moved back, and Adelaide threw the athamé. While it did hit him, he simply pulled it out with ease. Obsidian colored liquid covered the blade. Alex held her sisters behind her back, her heart nearly beating out of her chest. It was the Source.

"The Source Of All Evil." She whispered harshly. She didn't know how she could tell, but the ruler of the underworld smiled at her. A sinister snarl, more like it. He stalked closer, and Alex was prepared to use her powers at any time. When she tried to use her telekinesis, it wouldn't work. Why wouldn't it work?

"Ah, so you've heard of me? I'm...well, I'm charmed." He told her, before using her own power against her. While her sisters tried to kill her back, Alex felt herself gliding effortlessly to him, before she unwillingly stood right in front of him. "Although, you know me by another name. I want you to say it." He said as he took the hood of his robe off. In front of her stood the same blonde haired, red eyed tracker vampire who tried to kill her. He grabbed her by her throat and applied pressure, not so much choking her but causing her breathing to become heavy and ragged. "Say it. Say my name."

"James." Alexandria whispered in fright. With his supernatural speed, James spun Alex around and pressed her back against his chest. His free arm slithered around her stomach, causing her to look away. She didn't like how he was touching her. It disgusted her to no end. The hand that was on her neck moved to roughly tug on her chin, forcefully turning her head to face her sisters. Hot tears streamed down her face and onto his hand, causing him to laugh haughtily. "Look at them. Look at them!" He screamed in her ear. Her eyes had been closed, open now. She didn't want to face her sisters like this. Not like this.