destined [h.s] - ON HOLD

By lolteenager

It's been four years since he asked her to be his forever, but can everything stay the way they once were? [T... More

prologue
1
2
3
4
5
7
8

6

46.2K 1.8K 460
By lolteenager

I've never truly had a walk of shame, but I think I'd consider right now one. Two girls stood at the sinks of the bathroom looking plastered, not even giving Harry and I a second glance as we walked out of the door we'd entered just minutes earlier.

I look around cautiously before walking back into the club with my disheveled hair and feeling of extreme uncleanliness.

A few seconds later Harry has his hand on the small of my back, full out laughing over the loud music surrounding us. "What is so funny?" I ask him, still feeling self conscious over the fact that we just had sex in the bathroom and it would be easy for anyone to figure it out.

"This woman in the loo said her stall was shaking, and she found it quite confusing." He says, and I can't help but laugh until my cheeks hurt and tears brim my eyes.

"How did none of them realize what we were doing?" I ask while wiping my eyes, praying my makeup isn't smeared.

"They're probably all too fucked up like us, plus the music in there was on full blast." I didn't even realize there was music playing, evidence of just how messed up I am at the moment.

Damn Liam for bringing us to this Funky Buddha and putting irresistible alcohol in front of us. If a fun night out was what he wanted I sure as hell hope he got it, because mine has been completely erotic so far.

"I feel a headache coming on, we should probably drink more before the first round wears off." Harry warns, and I unfortunately have to agree with him.

Just like earlier I take his hand in mine and begin walking to the all too crowded bar. Luckily the male tending to belligerent patrons is not busy, immediately bringing is our round of drinks which go down easy.

"I have three things I want to do," Harry starts with a slurred speech, "dance, make out while dancing, or go back to the bathroom."

"Let's start out with dancing, and I think the bathroom experience should stay a one time thing." Harry pouts at that but still follows me out onto the dance floor, pulling me against him just like he had earlier.

The people around us are constantly knocking against us, but the alcohol in my bloodstream practically makes me numb to it all.

Harry and I didn't really get to have a clubbing experience until after the whole Nikolai ordeal, me finding out very late just how good of a dancer, at least one on one, he truly was. It was as if his hips had perfected the art of grinding themselves against another body in a taunting manner. His wet curls stuck to his forehead as the strobe lights flashed and music pounded, everything seeming to move in slow motion yet an exhilarating speed all at once.

It wasn't until three or four songs later that I realized Casey and Liam were latched onto each other on the couches across from where we danced, something they both probably desperately need after constantly doing the jobs of being amazing parents everyday.

"Hey," Harry says loudly over the music, "I fucking love you."

"I love you more." I say, already predicting what will come out of his mouth.

"Do not argue with me over this while I'm drunk please," Harry says with a bright grin before pressing a kiss to my forehead then a quick one to my mouth.

"Do you think we should get out of here?" I ask once he's pulled away, the feeling of a killer headache and very upset stomach already seeming to be a part of my near future.

"Yeah, we've got to find Lacey first though."

"Lacey?" I ask him, confused seeming as we don't know anybody by that name.

"You don't remember when we put Liam and Casey's names together?" He pauses, remembering something, "I guess you wouldn't, you'd had a few too many glasses of wine."

I laugh, "stop making me sound like a lush."

"Maybe you are one." He says, completely teasing.

"Oh shut up, let's go get them."

Walking is much harder than dancing, my steps wobbly as I walk to the same couch I saw the married couple on earlier. Sure enough they are both there, Casey sitting on Liam's lap as she whispers something into his ear, most likely something in appropriate because he is blushing furiously.

When Liam notices both Harry and I he seems to tell Casey, since she turns around and jumps up to her feet.

"Are you guys ready to go?" She asks, and I tell her we are. "Let's go outside then because I can barely hear a thing."

I'm thankful as the four of us walk outside, not noticing how much the music was egging on a migraine which of course was already assisted by alcohol.

"Who's going to drive us?" I ask the group, suddenly worried because all of us are plastered, and practically incapable of getting behind the wheel.

"I will, I haven't had anything to drink." Casey says.

"Didn't you drink all those shots earlier with us?" I question, suddenly feeling very confused.

"I only had one, you all were too busy throwing them back that I was able to give mine to the guy next to me."

I look to Harry who shrugs, Liam doing the same. I hand Casey the keys, her giving me a look of reassurance before leading our three drunken selves to the car.

Liam sits up front as I sit in the back next to Harry, leaning my head on his shoulder as his wraps around my waist, my eyes closing

It seems like just seconds later when Harry's soothing voice brings me back to consciousness, "wake up baby, we're home." As I sit up I look outside the window to see that we are parked in our driveway, stepping out of the vehicle only to have Harry help me walk to the front door and inside. He then lifts me up and cradles me like I'm a feather, carrying me upstairs to our bedroom before laying me down on the bed.

"Where did Casey and Liam go?" I ask him, feeling confused.

"They went home, baby." He says, and I wish I'd said goodbye to them.

I smile as he moves the covers over me, "in the morning you'll have a glass of water and Advil waiting for you." He says, knowing just what I'll need to get through the day.

"You're the best fiancé ever and I love you so much." I say, some of it slurred but still getting the point across.

"And I love you, now go to sleep you lush." He teases, and not too long after I do just that.

-

I wake the next morning to a pounding headache, looking at the bedside table to find a glass of water and two small pills there. I quickly swallow them as the liquid helps to wash them down, hoping it will stop the pain in result from last night.

The sound of snoring brings my attention to Harry who still sleeps, his hair swept across his forehead, eyelashes looking longer as he breathes shallow breaths. He always looks beautiful while sleeping, some kind of serenity about him.

The only thing better than him sleeping is how he wakes up, eyes fluttering opening revealing emerald iris', stretching like a child as his voice comes out gravelly to say good morning to me.

Unfortunately today I won't be getting that because he needs rest, and I can't stand lying in bed because I will get too restless after about five minutes.

As I get up I hear a faint bark from downstairs, suddenly feeling terrible that Augustus slept in his crate last night. I immediately make my way to him, letting him out only to receive more angry barks.

After a few seconds he seems to give up, brushing against my leg as I reach down to pet him.

"Come on, let's go outside." I say, and he immediately recognizes the words, running to the sliding glass door so I can put his leash on.

Once it's on I take him out, the cool and crisp morning meeting us as the birds outside sing their melodies. I always find this time of day most peaceful, no one is really up at this hour, so everything is extremely calm, serene.

Gus quickly finishes his business, the small husky running to the door, waiting for me to open it. I can't help but laugh at him, letting both of us back inside. Once off his leash, Augustus runs like a madman through the house, and I can't really blame him after being cooped up in his crate all night.

After not hearing anything being crashed into I walk to the kitchen, surprised when none other than a shirtless Harry has the fridge open, looking through the contents of it. After a moment he gets out orange juice, smiling when he notices my presence.

His toned stomach flexes as he walks to the counter, getting a glass out before pouring the orange juice into it and taking a sip.

"I didn't think you would be up for awhile," I say.

"What you really mean is that you wanted to make breakfast for once, well guess what? It's not happening." He says, and of course he's right.

"Pancakes are getting kind of boring, I just though I could switch it up with some eggs maybe."

"Alright, how about you make your eggs and I'll make my pancakes then we'll see who's breakfast is better."

I take him up on the challenge, getting out all the eggs in the fridge before getting started.

Just as I'm about to crack one open Harry wraps his arms around my waist, his head resting in the crook of my neck. "Before we start, I just wanted to let you know that I can't wait to be your husband."

Next he's turning me around, hands still on my hips as he presses his lips to mine. As he pulls away to say how much he loves me, I know that in this moment I want to be with this man for the rest of my life, and hopefully nothing will stop that from happening.

___________________________

things are all sweet and nice with Harry and Leah but soon some shit is gonna go down and the prologue will make sense

Goal: 700 votes and 200 comments

I feel like I asked this in Camouflage, but what do you want Harry and Leah's ship name to be?

I'm not creative with that kind of stuff so I'll leave it to you guys lol

And before I forget again, here's a pick up line:

Did you invent the airplane?

Cause you seem Wright for me.

AHAH

Instagram & Twitter: @heswriting

-Jo x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 24.1K 101
*Insert your name in the _____ spaces* You and Zayn Malik have been bestfriends since forever. You haven't seen him ever since he left to audition fo...
2.5K 89 51
Every one wants a happily ever after..right? After liking someone for two years, they are finally together...could they be forever? Sam thinks that h...
622 27 18
Sequel to You Said Forever!
30.7K 865 32
New Zianourry story!