Let's pretend (book 1)

Galing kay Demona44

"You're beautiful Elise" "Zach, please..." I smiled when she called me Zach. It was always Zachary or Mr. Wal... Higit pa

Chapter 1: Meet my girlfriend
chapter 2: You're my only chance
Chapter 3: full of surprises
Chapter 4: Family dinner
Chapter 5: I quit!
Chapter 6: You cannot quit
Chapter 7: Son of a bitch
Chapter 8: I will protect you
chapter 9: a distraction
Chapter 11: My fake boyfriend
Chapter 12: I want this to end
Chapter 13: Cat and mouse
Chapter 14: You were amazing
Chapter 15: part of the deal
Chapter 16: I need you to marry me...
Chapter 17: She disappeared
Chapter 18: I've found her
Chapter 19: I'm feeling complete
Chapter 20: We have a daughter
Chapter 21: I'll never let you go
Chapter 22: We are family
Chapter 23: A million time yes!
Chapter 24: breakfast
Chapter 25: Fairy tale come true
Epilogue

Chapter 10: You're mine for now

1.8K 61 50
Galing kay Demona44

Elise Collins P.O.V

Darkness. Everything was dark and seemed to be fading away. I wanted to get up, I wanted to open my eyes but they were so heavy that I couldn't get my eyelids to move. I was hearing voices, a very familiar but distant voice. There were other voices I couldn't place. I felt something stroke my cheek, something smooth yet very small; I was starting to make out the words being said around me.

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard a little girl say, who is she? Where am I?

"Yes baby girl, she'll be okay".

Hearing Zachary's voice made my heart skip a beat. With much more effort from before I managed to open my eyes and looked around me. There was Zachary, hovering over me and holding my hand, he looked worried but was relieved when I met his eyes. I looked to his side and found the little girl. She was so beautiful. Just behind her, there was Veronica. I tried to sit up but my body felt so heavy, Zachary must have caught on to it because he immediately helped me up as Veronica handed me a glass of water. I took it silently staring at the little girl who was, in turn, staring back at me.

"Hi" she beamed at me jumping up and down a little. She must be around four years old.

I smiled at her setting the glass of water back on the table "hi beautiful". I didn't know what to do or say so I looked up at them questioningly.

"Serena, how about you go play inside with your new doll? Mommy needs to talk a little with Zach's friend".

Serena looked a little disappointed but shrugged and did as her mom said going inside. I was about to speak when Zachary sat beside me and held my hand.

"You already know Veronica" he paused waiting for my outburst but I only nodded. "Serena is her daughter."

"Yes, I could tell. And she looks a lot like you, I'm sure you are a great father Mr. Walton."

He let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his hair messing it a bit. I would love to run my hand through his hair again, I shook the thought out of my mind looking anywhere but him.

"You are very annoying you know that?"

I raised both eyebrows "Excuse me?"

"Would you stop calling me Mr. Walton? I'm not your boss anymore. It's Zachary!"

I flinched and stood up glaring at him, I was about to just turn around and leave but Veronica, who hadn't said anything until now stopped me.

"Zachary isn't Serena's father" she said coming over and facing me. She looked at me offering a gentle smile, and there was obviously pain in her eyes.

"But she looks like him..." I blinked a few times before looking at Zachary "why did you even bring me here?" I looked at Veronica as she left the room giving us both some space. I sighed "I need to go, I'll call you later, we'll talk about the hotels." I said wanting nothing but to have a professional relationship with him again.

This thing we had going on was so unhealthy, it was killing me in the inside making me feel things I shouldn't, making me want to kiss him and not stop. I always wanted to touch him or be touched by him and as soon as he pulled away I wanted nothing but to be in contact with his skin again.

"No. I'm sorry Elise, but you are not going anywhere before I explain everything to you. You owe me that much." His face was gentle and pleading and I couldn't say no to him. And I still was a little curious about this whole Serena not being his daughter thing.

"Fine. But not here please"

"Anywhere you want."

With that said, I left the room and went outside to call for the elevator while he told Veronica we were leaving. Just as the elevator opened I felt Zachary by my side and we both walked in silently. I could feel how this situation was a little awkward with all that tension between us. I knew he felt the same; it was obvious he wanted to be as close to me as I wanted to be close to him, yet neither of us made any effort in moving. A couple walked in hand in hand and smiled politely before standing in front of us with their backs to us.

The man was whispering something in her ear and she giggled before kissing his neck slowly. Soon they were kissing passionately and I wanted nothing but to leave. I've never been so relieved in my life as to when the elevator doors opened and I could escape this sexual tension between us, walking rather quickly avoiding his face as I looked straight ahead.

Going inside the hotel's restaurant, we were welcomed by the manager who immediately found us a table with a view of the hotel's gardens. It was beautiful with all the greeneries, trees and flowers. The pool was huge and people seemed to enjoy the summer heat cooling off in it. I heard Zachary clear his throat and turned my attention back to him.

"Sorry" I whispered looking down at my hands. Suddenly my fingers were so interesting to look at.

"Can you please look at me?"

I tentatively looked up and gave him a small smile but didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say anyway.

"We stopped seeing each other when she left the country, and we never got back together. Serena isn't my daughter, she's my niece. Andrew and Veronica met up one night, four years ago and they ended up in bed together. I help Veronica because Andrew is being a jerk who wants nothing to do with his child. He claims Serena isn't his daughter, but she is. And Veronica is still married, so claiming Serena wouldn't be such a wise move. Veronica came to me, and I couldn't ignore the fact that Serena is my niece. I love her. But as I said, there is absolutely nothing going on between Veronica and me".

I stayed silent for a while processing everything he just told me. I had never thought his brother could be reckless, or know he has a daughter and not even want to get to know her.

"It's sad she can't even meet her father. I have my differences with my dad but he's still my dad. I still love him more than anything in the world." I looked outside "She's lucky to at least have you in her life." I met his gaze and smiled "I know you'll never disappoint her and you'll always treat her as the princess she is".

"Thank you Elise. It's nice of you to think so high of me."

"I meant every word. I've worked for you long enough to know you have a good heart. And I really am sorry for over reacting. I just panicked." I couldn't tell him the truth; I couldn't let him know how much he affected me in so many ways.

I watched him raise an eyebrow as a smirk played on his lips "Why did you panic? You were afraid I was seeing a married woman and had an illegitimate daughter with her?"

"No, it's not that, I mean, well yes maybe. Not that it's any of my business but I wouldn't know how to hide that in front of your mother. So I panicked, that's all."

"Uhu, I bet" he chuckled making me glare at him.

"But why tell me?"

"Because, we're pretending to be together and I don't want you running off every time she calls. She only comes here so I can see Serena, and I barely spend time with her."

"Again, I'm sorry. I just don't know why I acted like that."

"Like the crazy jealous girlfriend?" he teased me, a smile appearing on his gorgeous face.

"I swear to god you're impossible. Why would I be jealous? We're only pretending, we're not really together we have no feelings for each other so no. I wasn't acting like a jealous girlfriend."

"You forgot the crazy part."

"That's it I'm leaving."

His laughter filled the restaurant clearly amused "You're very grumpy. Didn't sleep much?"

I shook my head leaving him at the table and walking out the restaurant. I could hear him behind me, he was still laughing enjoying the fact he teased me so much. I stopped abruptly causing him to bump into me. I turned around and glared at him. I was having mixed emotions right now, I wanted to kiss him yet I wanted to slap him. I wanted to hug him, but also wanted to push him away. Letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding, I finally found my voice.

"I'm glad I was a good entertainment Mr. Walton" I said to annoy him "But I'm afraid it's time I head out. I actually have a real date to get to. With someone I'm not pretending to love".

I heard him let out a growl and took a step back "Have a good day sir" I turned around and was ready to leave when I felt his fingers grip my wrist with so much strength it hurt. He pulled me back to him staring down at me with those intense green eyes. His arms went around my waist bringing me even closer to him so we were chest to chest, both breathing heavily. I saw his gaze drop to my lips for a few seconds and felt tingles go through my body.

"We might be pretending, but I don't like the idea of you being with another man, dating someone else," his voice was low and threatening and sent shivers down my spine.

"Now who's acting all jealous? Possessive much?"

"I'm not jealous, but yes I might be possessive. What if someone took a picture of you with your date? And word got out? Wouldn't you pass as if you're cheating on me? As long as we're doing this, you can't see anyone else. I can take you on real dates if you want, you're all mine for now".

My arms snaked around his neck, helping me keep my balance. Saying I was shocked was an understatement. I didn't know how I should have felt. The sexual tension between us was still there, and even though I had to escape it, I couldn't leave just like that after what he said.

"No, we never talked about that. You can't do that to me."

"I'm not doing anything, and we agreed to do this as long as it took. Or are you backing up on me now Elise?"

"You know I don't break promises..."

"Good, then don't start now. Cancel your date, and I want you to really work hard and make it seem like you're my girlfriend. I want everyone to believe it."

I said nothing as I found the strength to pull away from him and just nod. "Fine, I still have to go though, so I'll see you Monday at the office"

He chuckled playing with a stray hair before tucking it behind my ear "You'll see me before that pretty. We have the gala on Saturday remember? Don't forget to wear something black or white. I'll let you go now, but I'll be calling".

He winked and left before I could say anything.

"Bastard" I whispered before going out of the hotel.

I was regretting making a deal with him and promising to help him. He was a very attractive man and I knew I was going to end up hurting when all this would be over. I just hope I was wrong and I wouldn't feel any kind of pain while doing this.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

226K 13.7K 54
"How dare you? Ariana, how dare you?" I could feel the anger from his heart radiate through his ears. the tears that kept rolling down my cheeks wer...
1.3M 41.4K 39
18+ "BABY GIRL I'M NOT SURE I CAN GO ANY FURTHER WITHOUT FUCKING YOU SO HARD THAT YOU'LL SCREAM MY NAME" I feel heat run down to my core. Fuck i want...
305K 5.1K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...
365K 9.4K 34
In which a multimillion dollar CEO wants what was once his all to himself again Preview: "I want you and I want you more than ever" "Grayson we can't...