The matters of a spark

By Boredfandomkitty

You stumble upon the Autobots due to Fowler and have never looked back. Your new life is great but becomes mu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

522 22 4
By Boredfandomkitty

You seemed to float in a void and clutched your chest. Your body ached and sharp pain wracked your frame. You tried to cry out but no sound escaped your throat. Panic set in as you could faintly hear voices around you. 

You could see a black abyss starting to surround you. As it swallowed you; it felt like it was crushing you. 

You started to scream out loud causing the thick pressing dark to crack and shatter around you. 

Then you felt it. A warm sensation spreading through you. Starting from your chest and spreading out to the rest of your body. Eliminating the pain as it spread through you.

You then felt something. Like someone was nudging you. It was a comforting feeling; But it seemed the kind of pushing was like someone was trying to wake you up. In the distance you could hear someone crying.

You squinted your eyes as it seemed that your surroundings were beginning to be too bright.

When you opened your eyes you stared at the ceiling of the base and shot up; ripping off the leads connected to your body. Causing the monitors that were once attached to you to beep in alarm.

Ratchet was already over you and began to talk in a rushed sentence. But you couldn't focus on what he was saying. 

"WHERE'S WHEELJACK!" You blurted. Your voice felt weak and cracked under the sudden strain.

You could start to make out the words ratchet was saying. Watching him turn his gaze over at the distance off to your side.

You stared in horror at the sight next to you.

Like you; wheeljack was hooked up to all sorts of leads attached to a couple different monitors.

"I WANT TO BE WITH HIM!" You demanded as your body began to shake.

Ratchet began to interject. "But (name) you both are in no condition-"

"I DON'T CARE!" You cut ratchet off. Your voice carried a desperate edge to it. Your throat feeling marred but you didn't care. Your chest has began to throb painfully and seemed to pull you to wheeljack.

Ratchet unhappily picked you up and set you down on wheeljack's berth. You weakly managed to wobble over to him you crawled into his servo; you felt the tug in your chest again but stronger.

You slowly began to crawl your way up to his chassis and once you made it you collapsed.

The tension in your chest dissipated and relief flooded throughout your whole body.

You sighed in contempt as you pressed your body against him. Pressing your ear to him and faintly hearing the hum of his spark.

You looked around and saw miko crying in bulkhead's servo as bulkhead averted his gaze. Ratchet was leaning over you with a relieved yet troubled expression.

The words tumbled past your lips before you even realized they slipped out. 

"How long have I've been out?"

Ratchet sighed as he started to look over a data pad and scanned you. "You've been out for two days." 

Your eyes widened with shock. "TWO DAYS?!" As cold horror washed over you as miko feverently jumped out of bulkhead's servo and embraced you in an emotional hug. 

"I was so scared I didn't know what happened to you!" Miko cried on your shoulder. "When I saw ratchet rushing to you and wheeljack I got so scared! I thought you two were going to die!" She exclaimed through shaky breaths.

Die? How were you going to die? All you were aware of was that you were slightly sick. Not dying. 

"I wasn't dying." You stated but it seemed to almost come out as a question. 

"You don't understand. Right before they brought wheeljack in you were so pale and you were screaming! Then when they carried wheeljack in..." miko trailed off. As she looked down at wheeljack tears springing to her eyes.

She got up and giving you room to breathe. You noticed the tears rolling down your cheeks as you stared at your wrecker.

Bulkhead picked miko up giving you and wheeljack some space. You shut your eyes.  It was just too much.

You thought it was your imagination when you felt the light pressure of a servo on top of you.

You opened your eyes and looked down at wheeljack.

His optics on-lined and you saw him give you a weak smile.

"Hey kid." His vocals strained and crackled.

"Wheeljack!" You croaked and threw yourself in an attempt of a hug across his chassis.

You then really got to look at the state he was in. Fresh welds were all over his body and some patchwork to cover open blaster fire wounds.
Then you stared in horror at the worse of all. A startlingly large patched wound on his chassis. Dangerously close to his spark chamber.

"What happened?!" You cried looking at his state.

"Eh, cons got me a little roughed up." Wheeljack tried to act casual. 

"A little?! You almost offlined!" 

Wheeljack gave a light chuckle to your reaction. it was hard to downplay such a serious condition.

"By the allspark!" Ratchets voice interrupted your little moment prompting you both to look at him.

"What's up doc?" Wheeljack questioned the stunned looking mech.

"Your stats....... are rapidly improving! After working to repair you for these past two days with uncertain results all of a sudden you're rapidly improving and even managed to pull yourself out of recovery stasis! How could this be?"

You locked your eyes on wheeljacks optics but he only shrugged the best he could in the position he was in.

Ratchet then looked up from the data pad he was staring at. "Unless..." Ratchet trailed off in thought but shook his helm. "No way that can't the possible."

"What?" You said a little too loudly as fear started to wrap it's tendrils around you.

Ratchet without warning grabbed you and took you from wheeljack.

His spark surged in a primal instinct. He couldn't control his next actions no matter if he wanted to or not.  He finally got you back and he was not going to give you up. His spark crackling and lashing out in alarm.

You let out a yelp in surprise as wheeljack bolted up and gripped onto ratchet's rotary cuff. Hearing an unhealthy crunch of metal from the sheer force wheeljack was putting out.

"Now I wouldn't do that doc." Wheeljack growled out low.  Chassis rattling in a new possessive rage he has never experienced before. surprising ratchet at the volatile state he was in.

Ratchet let out a vent and tried to hide the fact his spark was beating rapidly. 

"I'm just going to do a couple of tests. It won't take long." And with that ratchet tried to move away.

Ratchet tried to push down the feeling of trepidation that ran through his circus. Fighting to keep his expression as neutral as he could muster in such a charged situation.

Wheeljack's grip got tighter. "Don't you dare." Wheeljack's voice was low and held an unsettling darkness. Making ratchet more uncomfortable. Ratchet had to disarm the situation before things could get worse.  Seeing that wheeljack was completely unstable it wouldn't be easy.

Ratchet then noticed that all eyes were on you three. Especially from three curious yet nervous humans.

"Fine have it your way." Ratchet grumbled and handed you back to your wrecker.

One you were back in his servos wheeljack dropped his dark demeanor and calmed.  His raging spark could finally settle back down once you were under his protection and his alone. The way his fingers protectively curled around you did not go unnoticed.

Ratchet couldn't shake his feeling. What was going on between the two of you?

He had just turned to the computers when he heard the groan of metal shifting from the medical berth.  

Ratchet whipped around to see wheeljack attempting to stand with you on his servo.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE ALLSPARK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!"

Wheeljack feigned an innocent look. "Getting outta here." Wheeljack replied bluntly; taking a shaky step.

He did not want to spend another minute being under the critical gaze from the grumpy medic. Or worse, have him take you away again. His spark pulsed protectively. If he even tried he would have to pry you from his servos. He wouldn't let you go without a fight.

"Et-et-et you are not to leave my watch until you are completely recovered! If you break open your new welds I'll make sure you get even more dents before you bleed out all over my station!" he bellowed furiously as he waved one of his medical tools.

Almost as if on queue pain rocketed throughout wheeljack's systems. "Ah frag, frag." he cursed, His processor glitching from the white hot pain making him stumble and fall back on the berth.

Mumbling and huffing threats ratchet made his way over to you and wheeljack. 

Not to draw suspicion from the other on looking bots ratchet dropped his voice to just above a whisper.

"(Name), wheeljack; I want you to come with me."

After some protests wheeljack let ratchet help him to his peds and to a secluded place in the base. He really shouldn't be moving his patient so early but he really needed to test his hypothesis.

Once you were in a place that you guessed was ratchets berth room ratchet had wheeljack sit on the single lonely berth in the middle of the room.

"Wheeljack. Your behavior is rousing some suspicion I have." Ratchet began.

Wheeljack rose an optical ridge as your eyes narrowed a fraction.

"What suspicion?" You immediately interjected beating wheeljack to the punch. Interrupting ratchet before he could continue.

Ratchet ignored you momentarily before speaking again. Taking the time to do another scan over wheeljack's spark chamber.

Ratchets optics flit up to look into wheeljack's.

"Are you forming a bond with (name)?"

Wheeljack sat back a bit as it felt that the scan was getting invasive. No way this was happening now.

"Uh well.." wheeljack began. He was not usually the mech to get attached. It was rare to express any emotions other than anger and pumped up excitement. 'Weak' emotions were not something he expressed. Love and bonding in such a sensitive matter was foreign. If wheeljack was himself before he met you he would scoff and declare that ratchets processor was glitching. Or that he was getting too up there in the miles.

Wheeljack was a prideful mech. So what he responded felt so foreign to him.

"I don't think I can deny that."

Yup his processor must be glitching.  What have you done to him?

Your eyes widened with shock. Then you snapped your attention to ratchets own slightly surprised expression. Blindsided by such a confession coming from the war hardened wrecker. Before it went back to his normal serious one.

"What does it mean to bond?" You wondered out loud. Prompting wheeljack to look away with slight embarrassment and ratchet pinch the area between his optics. Fighting some embarrassment of his own.

Oh how ratchet wanted to use the excuse that you were too young but he knew he couldn't avoid it now that you were involved. Also that you were older than the kids out in the main room.

"Well you see-" primus wheeljack did NOT want to have such an awkward conversation. wheeljack cleared his vocalizer but was cut off. 

"There are different kinds but the most common is when two cybertronians have a strong love for each other they form something called a spark bond." Ratchet interjected. Better to rip the band aid off than draw it out.

You nodded in understanding prompting them to continue.

"Sparkbonding is quite sacred and is a life long commitment. It is when two cybertronians merge their spark energies."  Ratchet continued.

"So like marriage." You stated trying to understand it in a human concept.

"Except in sparkbonding there's no divorce." Ratchet stated.

You nodded again in understanding.

"What baffles me is wheeljack is behaving like he has bonded with someone but there is no evidence of an actual bond. Unless the only other explanation is that his spark is trying to bond with you." he accused as he pointed a servo towards your small stunned frame.

You were blushing from head to toe and if cybertronians could wheeljack would be the glowing. Or so you thought.  Little did you know.  Yes.  They could.

"So you're saying..." You trailed off as everything started to click on place.

"Wheeljack wants to bond with me?" You questioned out loud.

Ratchet nodded. "It seems that way."

You looked up at wheeljack with big eyes. "Is it true?"

Wheeljack quickly adverted his gaze. His spark pounded.  He couldn't bear to look into those big innocent eyes. "I'm not fully understanding it myself but he might be right."

Ratchet took the queue and began to exit the room. "I'll leave you too some privacy so you both can talk about it if you'd like." He was relieved to escape and let his own spark settle.  Man was that embarrassing and awkward.

At that you both were alone with the stark naked truth.

You sat there in an uncomfortable silence for awhile. Neither not knowing what to say next. You could still feel the heat emitting from you at the new revelation.

Wheeljack not faring any better. He tried to keep his in cycles quiet to not alert you of his rapidly beating spark or how warm he felt from the pure embarrassment coursing through every fibre of his being. He'd rather be caught dead than blushing by you at the new revelation you both had.

"I didn't know you actually felt that way about me." You trailed off quietly; breaking the heavy silence.

"Honestly I didn't think I would've either." He replied. He never imagined himself in a million vorns getting so close to an organic. He always scoffed at the idea.

"What do we do now?" You asked looking around. You weighed your options but you felt pretty ragged.

"Whatever you want babe." Wheeljack replied coolly. Though internally he was a wreck.  Emotionally and physically. He doubted his ability to transform.  Not only that but if ratchet caught him trying he would probably offline him for it. Yeah no thank you.

You slowly turned around to look up at him.

"Did-you just-call me-BABE?!" You got out in short choppy manner putting emphasis on the new nickname.

Wheeljack simply shrugged his shoulder plates. "Just wanted to try it out. I just don't think calling you kid fits anymore."

You thought it over and a smile came to your face. "Don't mind at all."

You both considered your options. Which were heavily limited.

Wheeljack released a vent and lied down against the berth. Pulling you close to his chassis and cuddling you close to his spark chamber. Just like the night in the jackhammer. You both felt pretty worse for wear so you didn't mind one bit. Finally relaxing in the presence of each other being so close together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 33.2K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
1.7M 98.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
84.3K 2.4K 38
Francesca Astor came to Love Island to find her soulmate, and once she sets her eyes on him, she's never letting go. Rob Rausch x Fem!oc #1 robertrau...
1.4M 32.2K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.