intrigued

By chaenniethusiast

Jennie found Roseanne quite amusing, she wanted to divulge her, indulge the secrets she hid in her being, she... More

i. fallin' all in you.
ii. baby don't stop.
iii. mercy.
iv. move.
v. ain't no rest for the wicked.
vi. bloom.
vii. shout.
muse

viii. grenade.

1.8K 85 66
By chaenniethusiast

Jennie woke up in a room foreign to her sight but so familiar to her senses. "Roseanne?" Jennie felt pain spread in her body, it stung. "She's awake!" Taehyung yelled, calling his friends. "Finally, you've been unconscious for four days, weakling." Irene said with a teasing smile. "Where's Roseanne?" Jennie groaned, her body hurt like hell. "We're the one guarding you and you're looking for her? That's unfair." Seulgi pouted, Jennie was about to reply when two of Roseanne's siblings entered the room. "You're awake." Jin scoffed at Joy's statement. "Good observation, Captain Obvious." Joy glared at him, Jin raised his hands in surrender, the Parks sure are scary. "I got you into this, I'm sorry." Jimin, the only kind Park, walked towards Jennie and sat at the foot of the bed.

"It's not your fault, but where's Roseanne?" The gang looked at each other before Joy spoke. "Worry about Roseanne later, don't you want to know what happened?" Jennie shook her head, not really, they glared at her. "Fine, tell me what happened." And so they did, how they were interrupted by a man, how Roseanne got shot and risked her life for her, how Jennie became unconscious, how Roseanne carried her despite the girl's state. "Roseanne was shot?! Where the hell is she?" Jennie scrambled and tried to get up, but her body didn't cooperate. "Don't move, you hit the ground hard. Roseanne's fine, she certainly handled it better than you." Joy rolled her eyes. "Where is she?"

As if on cue, Roseanne entered the room with food in her hands. "Here." Jennie's heart thumped, how can Roseanne do this? "You have to tell me how you make an entrance every time." Taehyung joked, or did he? Roseanne snickered and gave them food. "Eat those outside, leave us, please." It was uncanny for Roseanne to make a request, she would often command them. But she's grown used to it, with Jennie, everything's a first.

"How are you feeling?" Roseanne asked, handing Jennie a tray full of food. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Jennie replied with a question. "I think you know how much death hates me." Roseanne laughed, but it wasn't that funny to Jennie. She stayed silent as she ate the food, Roseanne sat on the sofa. "Listen," Roseanne stated, Jennie looked at her intently. "I'm sorry you got into this." Roseanne looked away, guilt somehow present on her eyes. "It's my fault, you had nothing to do with it, I'll be more careful next time." Roseanne looked at her. "It's not going to happen again, I'm not letting you near my gang." Jennie stopped munching on her food. "You can't do that." Her heart tugged. "I can, I will." Roseanne stood up and headed towards the door. "But, will you take my love?" Jennie whispered, but Roseanne heard it loud and clear. "Don't mistake adoration for love."

Roseanne roamed the park silently, the moonlight guiding her, the cool breeze of the wind singing to her. This is for the best, isn't it? She can't give Jennie what she wants, she's incapable of love, or is she? If she was, then why is the certain girl haunting her? Appearing in her dreams too often than she'd like, waking her up at three in the morning with bizarre thoughts, whispering in her ear like an angelic demon, or is it a demonic angel? Roseanne doesn't like it, doesn't like how things are going.

Roseanne walked towards the bench where they sat, but a hooded figure already occupied the seat, who could be in here at four in the morning? Roseanne was about to turn around when she heard the person talk. "You can still sit here." She recognized the voice. "What are you doing here?" Roseanne asked nonchalantly. "I couldn't sleep." Roseanne just hummed as she walked past the girl, ignoring her offer. "I'll walk with you then." Jennie stood up, she isn't giving up, huh?

As they walked silently, Roseanne took out her phone and played a song with hear earphones connected. Jennie looked at her and removed the earphone from the phone, causng the song to be heard around them. This was more like it. Jennie danced under the glimmering moonlight with such beauty and grace, the ground lit of gold with every step she took, the heavens shone brighter as she smiled. Roseanne looked at her with raised brows, hiding her aching heart beneath cold stones. She's magnificent, a beautiful swan in a silent lake. How can such glamour wander this gruesome world?

Jennie always had something uncanny about her, like the way her eyes become uneven when she smiles. It was one of the little things Roseanne liked about her. But she didn't expect these things to affect her. She never foresaw herself searching for the girl in crowded streets, seeking for her shadow in empty halls, awaiting her voice in silent songs -- she didn't expect the girl's soul to mingle with hers.

But no. She isn't in love. She's merely describing her like Shakespeare or a person in love would, but she's not in love. She simply likes the woman, can't she be allowed to do that?

"I still will adore you, is that the word you used?" She didn't notice Jennie had already stopped dancing. "Don't blame me for broken hearts."
"But I do have a request." Jennie shyly said, Roseanne scoffed. "And what makes you think I'd comply?" Jennie just smiled. "There's a large possibility that you won't. But I like to think you'd try."
"No promises."
"Don't flirt with others."
"They all flirt with me."

Jennie chuckled. "I was kidding. What I really want is for you to be honest." Roseanne immediately retorted in defense. "I never lie!" Jennie smiled. "Be honest with your feelings." Roseanne stopped. Before she could speak, Jennie beat her to it. "Oh, is there no one here out to kill me?"
"No."
"Would you like to go somewhere?"
"Where?"
"Anywhere."

Roseanne doesn't know how and why she agreed. But here she is, sitting at a beach with the moon's glistening light and the ocean's tranquil waves. The scenery calmed her heart and mind, not to mention the woman beside her.

"Do I really have to?" She whined as she threw the sand in her fists. "Hey, this is your fault. You wanted to play; and you lost. You have to thank me for such an easy dare." Jennie groaned, she's right. She brought this to herself. Who told her it was a good idea to have a bet with Roseanne? Literally no one. "Fine. When I was a kid, I had a crush on my best friend, she was my wallpaper and everything. I didn't even realize it until high school, I thought it was a normal thing for best friends. Fast forward, we were classmates on the first year and she was scrolling through my gallery when she saw a picture of me in front of a mirror with my tummy exposed. At that time I started to be conscious of my body and started to work out so I kept track of my progress. I still had a fat tummy back then so she laughed like wtf is this hahahaha. I was so embarrassed, but I knew she didn't mean it in a bad way."

Roseanne smiled at the story and at the girl. She is endearing, everything about her just shines so brightly. "Care to share some stories?" Jennie voiced out, Roseanne shook her head. "I'm not obligated to." Jennie rolled her eyes. "You must be great at parties." She said sarcastically. "I wouldn't know. I'm too busy behind doors." Jennie squinted her eyes, she understood what Roseanne meant. "Flirt." Jennie said, Roseanne chuckled.
"I've only got my eyes on you now."

Jennie was taken aback at the statement while Roseanne froze, what the hell did she just say? "What?" She stuttered. "Well, you told me to be honest!" Roseanne said as she threw rocks at the ocean, attempting to cover up her pounding chest. This isn't real. Jennie covered the redness of her cheeks with her hands. Roseanne saw her antics and smiled, somehow the sight calmed her beating heart. She held her hands in hers, taking them out of her face. "I'm willing to give this a try."

"This is so good!" Jisoo pointed out with fried chicken in both hands. They ate peacefully, well, ravenously, until the gang arrived again. "Hey, guys!" Taehyung yelled as he sat beside Jennie, she groaned. "You're still sitting with us?" The rest of them sat, occupying the whole table. "Duh. Of course." Namjoon said. Jennie looked at them, no Roseanne. "You'll see her at gym class." Irene said, reading Jennie's mind. "What do you mean? See who?" Everyone except the couple rolled their eyes. "Stop acting dumb. Roseanne." The couple's eyes widened, they both stood up and pulled Jennie to a corner.

"What the hell is going on with you and Roseanne?" Jisoo asked, great, they're interrogating her now. "It's nothing." Jennie averted her gaze. "Tell us or else." Lisa said seriously, now that's something you don't see everyday. "Fine. I kinda told her I liked her." Jennie shyly said, unable to form sentences that made sense. "And what did she say?"

"Um, something like I don't care but don't blame me if your heart gets broken." Jisoo face palmed herself. "You really like Roseanne? Out of all people?" Lisa on the other hand smiled, proud of her friend. "Don't tell me you're on board with this?" Jisoo said, Lisa looked at her and sighed. "Look, maybe Roseanne's not that bad. Give them a chance." Jisoo took a deep breath. "Fine. If anything happens, she's dead." Jennie smiled, it's nice to have friends sometimes.

She's at gym class and just like they said, Roseanne is here. Her hair tied up and in her regular PE uniform, quite new for Roseanne. Jennie's attire was the same, but she put a little twist by turning the shirt into a crop top.

"Okay everyone, we will be doing this by pairs. For today, I'm letting you choose your partners." The professor smiled and gestured for everyone to get moving. As expected, the students mobbed Roseanne. It was a wreck, they all fought just to be gym partners with her. Infuriated, the professor yelled for everyone to sit down. "I'll choose your partners." He said sternly. "...Kim Jennie and Wang Yeji, Park Roseanne and Son Chaeyoung..."

"Woah, you got nice abs!" Yeji stated as she looked at Jennie's abdomen while the girl did curl-ups. She's pretty nice, Jennie thought she'd be a diva or something.

Roseanne on the other hand, did not attempt to have a conversation with her partner. She'd only answer when needed. She's putting so much effort in controlling herself from flirting, this has to be worth it. Besides, she's too busy eye-fucking Jennie who decided to test her patience by wearing a fucking cropped top in gym class.

Once they were done, Jennie and Yeji sat at the sides, waiting for everyone else to finish. Not a while after, Roseanne and her partner stood up and went to their professor. After a short talk, the two girls turned around side by side and started to walk away from the gym. Jennie looked at her, but the action was not reciprocated. But, Son Chaeyoung's phone rang, they ran back to the professor again. Son Chaeyoung walked out of the gym while Roseanne stayed talking to him. Not hearing their conversation, she decided to avert her mind somewhere else.

"Kim!" The professor yelled, she was annoyed at the sudden intrusion from daydream land. "What?!" She yelled. Her eyes widened once she realized what she had done. Everyone looked at her, she bowed and said sorry as she walked towards them. "Yes?" She asked, still embarrassed. Roseanne bit her lip to keep herself from smiling. "Please accompany Roseanne to the stock room."

"It's not here!" Roseanne sat and leaned at the wall, they've been here for half an hour and they still couldn't find those shitty keys. But who the fuck would leave keys at a stock room? Jennie giggled and stood in front of her, her arm stretched, offering her hand to Roseanne. "Stand up, the sooner we find it, the sooner we leave." She smiled. Roseanne looked at her and took her hand.

"Why don't you just make me feel better?" Instead of standing, she pulled Jennie. The girl is now seated in her lap. Roseanne smiled and wrapped her arms around the girl's petite waist as she snuggled her head in the girl's neck. "This is more like it." She said. Jennie smiled, her arms crept to the girl's back, circling her fingers around the girl's back. "If the gang saw me like this, my reputation is ruined." Roseanne joked. Jennie was about to speak when Roseanne yelled. "There's the fucking key!"

"I deserve a reward." They were still in the same position, except they were face to face now. Jennie pretended to think, she smiled. "What about ice cream later?" Roseanne shook her head. "No."
Coffee? No.
Thai food? No.
Pasta? No.

"Then what the hell do you want?" Jennie started to get annoyed. She's a bit impatient. Roseanne chuckled at the sight. "This." Her hands snaked their way to Jennie's neck and gently pulled, their faces slowly leaned towards each other like magnets. Like an eclipse, their lips met at the middle where heaven and hell lie. They kissed slowly and need I say, in an adorable way. Their smiles in between kisses looked like the moon peeking through endless darkness, like stars glistening ever so brightly to announce their presence.

"Roseanne?" Jennie asked, still in a kiss with the girl. "Hmm?" Jennie stopped, much to Roseanne's dismay. "What did the man mean?" She asked, biting her lip. "Which man?"

"The man who said the plan was to kill me." Roseanne sighed and twirled Jennie's hair as she avoided eye contact. "He was a friend of my father. I'm not supposed to say this, but my psycho father hates yours with rage. He asked me to keep you until the time is right, until they know what to do with you for revenge. I'm sorry."

Jennie could see guilt and despair in Roseanne's blank eyes. How can such cruelty cloud a wonderful soul? "Hey, hey. It's okay. I'm here with you alive, aren't I?" Jennie held Roseanne's chin and faced it towards her. "No, it's not. I risked your life for money and my name. I'm fucked up!" Roseanne yelled. Tears started to form in her eyes while she laughed of regret. "Your name?" Jennie asked, wiping the tears off Roseanne's cheeks. "He threatened to remove my name. Either he means I can't carry the Park name, or he's going to kill me." Jennie's eyes grew wide, this family could not get more fucked up. "Then why did you kill his friend?"

"To send him a message." Jennie asked her what she meant. "That I'm not going to lose you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.3K 22
Rosé is a straight-laced, very focused student in her last year at university. Her friends talk her into a night out before the school year starts an...
6.8K 322 1
It took Jennie ten thousand hours to tell Chaeyoung how she felt. [chaennie one-shot]
973K 38.5K 24
Jennie was a nurse and got relocated at an asylum and she met Lisa who was described as a very dangerous patient. Originally posted on asianfanfics. ♥
98.1K 4.3K 31
Jennie Kim eyed Kim Jisoo, the girl her ex courted while they were still together. "Are you gonna steal him back?" jennie smirked at lisa "No, I'm go...