Lucky Prodigy

By Wordsmith-Rain

In the event of death, there is a 1:10,000 chance that you will reincarnate in a world not your own and Retai... More

1: Patience
2: Little Sage
3: The Power of Ur
4: The Protector
5: The Treaty
6: Training
7: Subjugation
8: Visitor
9: Invasion
10: Dead King
11: Father of the Year
12: Hero's Party
13: Saints' Intervention
14: Hero's Match
15: Homeward Bound
16: Come Get Some
17: Buyer of Chains
18: Diplomacy
19: Demon Hunting
20: New Ally
21: New Batch
22: The Thing
23: Mars, the War-Born
The End, For Now

24: A New Era

1.3K 76 16
By Wordsmith-Rain

^^ The Guru ^^

— James —

Hallox ripped out the Heart of the Construct unceremoniously, as Calais tried to say his last words, allowing the Sage's Tree to eat the corpse, and cracked his neck slowly as the tension settled slowly.

<Update!
Hallox Mars' Level Increased!
Aura of the Silver Titan has Increased! (15th Form)
Hallox Mars's Class (9): Maxed!
Hallox Mars Evolves (9) into: War-Born (Legendary, 13th), right now!>

As Hallox's second evolution of the past fifteen minutes ripped through him, Janus took their opportunity to attack, seeing an opening and attempting to kill him while he was weakened.

Sadly for Janus, my Disciples weren't that easy to kill; Hallox caught the blade without looking, moving faster than Janus could see. It bit deeply into the bones of his hand, slashing through the meat and his armored skin, but not even the 100x Attack was enough to counter his aura-clad hand that was still full of Chi after that Chi-Palm Strike.

He slowly turned and glared up at the other King, who instantly released the blade and teleported away, a coward to the end.

Hallox snorted derisively as the Tree took the sword, and sat up, looking at me. "Well, Master... I think I can call that a success, yes?" His Voice was smooth and silky now, charismatic and melodic, even, which was odd.

A Bronze-Armored being stepped out of a glowing portal in the air, just like the Angels had when they came through, standing in front of Hallox and examining him curiously, but not making himself known to the young man. His gaze, golden and flaming, found mine, and a voice entered my mind. 'This requires that you do not interfere, Old One.'

'I will not, unless you give me reason to.' I shrugged.

Hallox cracked his back slowly, unaware of the being, and frowned as he found the dragon's wings that had sprouted on his back, then the sight of his tusks on the ground, where they'd fallen out. "Wait... do I have- what happened to my voice? And my Tusks?!?!?" He began to panic, but the Being spoke with a deep, sonorous voice.

"It's been a few millennia since I found a new War-Born... one of your ancestors, in fact. I allowed her to name her children 'Mars', in honor of her achievement." He hummed.

Hallox hummed, staring at the being in shock for a moment, before coming to a conclusion and saluting him. "Hallox Mars of the Treaty-Lake Orcs Greets... Mars?"

The being laughed heartily, and returned the salute with a grin. "Yes, I am Mars, and you are rightly minded. Kneeling is between Kings and Subjects... I am surprised that in only two suns, you've managed to Peak like this. Most impressive... and killing all those Demon Generals, all one after another, then the Demon King himself, using his subordinate's weapons?!? MARVELOUS!!!" He laughed and set his weapons aside, sitting on the table as I walked up the steps and sat at the top.

"Thank you... now why do I have wings and no tusks?" Hallox asked suspiciously.

"Hmm? Ah, well, that's simple. You're now War-Born. That means you've become my Child, in a sort of Adoptive Fashion. The wings are mostly aesthetic, to match your place as an evolved Machai, a War-Spirit. And your tusks, they were a sort of focus for your Ur and later your Aura, which you no longer need. Either way, you're about to evolve, so I've got a few questions as to your wishes, going forward." He waved a hand dismissively, and the tusks turned to dust, reappearing on a leather string around Hallox's neck, molded from solid bronze.

Hallox didn't respond, instead looking for me, and relaxing when he saw me watching with a small grin on my face.

"Now, questions: do you prefer to be a Divine Being or Demonic Being in your next life?" Mars asked casually, and Hallox turned his attention back to him instantly.

"I... neither?!? I'm too young to join my ancestors!" Hallox protested, gripping his sword tightly.

Mars hummed, and shook his head. "You've just gained enough XP to evolve about 4 million people into proper Higher Beings; you have to use it somehow, and the easiest way is to turn yourself and your followers into True Demons or True Demigods."

Hallox grinned slowly. "That's the easiest way, you say... are there other ways to use XP?"

"... if you're determined not to become a Demigod just yet, then yes. You could usually use it to raise the power of the people in your village, but a good half of it has already been used for that, so you're out of luck there; I can't let you turn even the children of your village into Level 500 monsters. And with the amount of XP you just gained, it's toeing the line..." he sighed.

"Spread that half of it out thinner, then, to all the monsters we've released from slavery, and then raise the average power of the Demons under my command, and-"

"Yeah, yeah, kid, listen; I'm not some Servant, you know? I'm here to give you my Blessing and recruit you into the ranks of my War-Born, not help you sort out your Rewards; that's Thoth's gig, not mine." He held up his hands to halt Hallox's flow.

"Right... sorry, I guess. But if I use it all, can I send all my followers into the Planes they'd usually go to, making me no longer a King of Demons?" He asked, surprising me.

Mars blinked slowly, and scratched his short beard in thought. "Yeah... True, you could do that, and you'd lose the Demon King Class, you get that? That'd mean you'd have to rebuild your strength from almost nothing, and we'd meet again when you climbed back up that mountain... are you sure about that?" He asked carefully.

Hallox grinned. "If that's an option? Yes."

Mars chuckled softly. "Alright... I respect your determination, kid. I'll see you in a few thousand-... nah, probably another five suns or so and you'll climb back up, won't you? I look forward to it." He snapped his fingers, and I watched Hallox fall to his knees, groaning in pain as the wings on his back shriveled and fell off, turning to dust, then the tusks around his neck reappeared on his face, still bronze in color.

<Update!
Hallox Mars' Level Decreased!!!
Hallox Mars Evolves into: Fallen War-Born, (Legendary), right now!!!>
<Update!!!
Demon King Calais and his Clan under the Banner of Red (Slaughter) have been Exterminated by Hallox Mars, War-Born Shaman of Mars, God of War!!!>

Mars nodded, looking at me and grinning before vanishing. 'I imagine this will be interesting. I'll just watch.'

I frowned, and then turned to look at a presence behind me. A woman stood there, one familiar to me. Very, very familiar. I paused, staring at her, and took a step forward slowly, before stopping. "I-... I shouldn't be surprised, I think. All the clues were there, weren't they?" I chuckled softly.

She smirked. "Yes, they were. You've come a long way, though... well, it took you long enough." She added dryly.

"Yes, well, 'Haste Makes Waste', like you always said, Guru." I smirked right back, and she twitched. She hated when I used her words against her.

She sighed. "Hmph... you've grown even more insolent, I see... I also shouldn't be surprised. You've long surpassed that young man I taught his Center. It gives me a very nice feeling... fulfillment, maybe."

"I imagine I do seem more than before, but I'm not. I'm still finding my way... but my students are growing quickly, I'm sure you've seen!" I proclaimed happily.

She nodded. "I have, yes. The one called Zoken... he would be a Sage, and a proper one at that, if not for that stupid rule about only having an equal number of Sage's and Demon Kings."

"Not a fan of the repopulation system of the upper planes, Master?" I asked, leaning against a pillar.

She sighed. "No, I am not... but it is not my Domain. I am not even a god, just a Tathāgata."

"Just a Tathāgata?" I raised an eyebrow at the revelation that I was right; the Guru was a literal Buddha.

She laughed softly, and nodded. "Indeed... you know, I haven't laughed in a few millennia. Thank you. But now I suppose it's time I asked you that same question Mars gave your disciple Hallox?"

"Easy. I'll be a Lesser Shrine Deity... For now." I smiled.

She nodded. "I don't imagine you'll be there long... you're one who finds peace in progress, if I remember correctly. 'Stagnation is an enemy best confronted immediately, and with much enthusiasm!!!', I believe was one of your sayings."

"Mm... 'For what is the purpose of living, if not to improve the lives of others'?" I smiled, quoting her again.

She smiled and patted my head gently. "Such a good student; you remember, even ten Eons later, every word I ever taught you... and now you teach others. Good. Welcome to the Upper Plane." She nodded, and I fell to my knees as a deep burning sensation suddenly took all my strength away.

My body burned away into Ashe, leaving me in a non-corporeal state, as my Spirit suddenly merged with my Mind, and then I was impolitely shunted through a portal.

I was now in the Silver Grove, my Mind and Spirit merging with the Tree I'd planted, which had always been my plan, I supposed. But now, just like when I'd possessed the Cat, I found myself stuck, unable to move, and only able to observe.

Every Dawn and Dusk, my leaves gained enough autonomy that I could salute the sun, which was a lovely thing, being a tree for that. The near-euphoric sensation when the sunlight filled my body with energy, when I could extend my roots just a little bit more.

I had no eyes or ears, but I could sense things happening, and time passing. I felt the emotions of those who came and sat in my boughs, or knelt in my hollow, and did my best to convey some sort of comfort or advice. I could only manage a few words per day, before exhausting myself, but it seemed appreciated.

Soon I saved my energy and began building a body for myself, a great flower bud in my grove which several people recognized as the womb by which I was going to create my Avatar with, so to speak. It would need a few seasons to finish, that much was clear, but when it finished, I'd be able to move, finally, and that was worth the wait.

I realized soon after I returned, however, that the more people who came to see me, the more I could talk. I remembered the Guru once saying that gods were born from the culmination of millions of prayers, and settled in to wait for that, as well.

Nearly four seasons after the Demon King's Death, I felt, deep in my Soul, a sort of Kinship Bloom. Then another... and another. Immediately, I knew the first litter of my Children had been born. I reached for them, mentally and spiritually, and guided them up the mountain, to meet me. They came with their mother, her lover assisting her with carrying the three rambunctious creatures.

When they settled themselves in the grove, I sighed deeply in contentment, and gently played with them, moving a root to tickle their noses and check their bodies for sicknesses, but I found them entirely sound, which was a relief.

They were not the last, of course, as I had been quite free with myself in the few times I visited the women's club that'd been set up for me. After a while, perhaps another six seasons, no more came, but with 72 children now to my name, I was entirely content.

The children spent most of their time in my branches, eating the White Apples of the grove. They were mischievous creatures, and so adorable. I spiritually branded each one, as I met them, with one of the 72 Questions, and they kept that Mantra secret, only for themselves. I filled it with energy, like a vault of power, so that when they finally answered the Question, they would have access to a renewable source of power; my power. This delayed my rebirth, but I taught the children everything I knew, and that which I couldn't teach by words, Zoken, Hallox, Mika, Maze, and Jerrod taught them instead.

More seasons passed, and more children were born, (not mine, of course,) and the village began to prosper a bit, as people came from the Holy City to see the mountain, and drink of the Titan's Blood. Elixirs were traded for slaves, around the world, then released here and given new lives; as time went on, life gained a semblance of calm, of normalcy.

People came and went, new people, old people, people bringing their children, bringing their husbands and wives and lovers, their parents, their friends. They would come and sit in my branches, amongst my children, and meditate, or ask questions, or simply seek guidance. It was nice, helping people in that way; helping people attain inner peace and Balance.

Some came to salute the sun with me, and began teaching others the words, and that was good, as well. It turned into a sort of religious chant, which I was uneasy about, but it was a good message, either way, to praise the Sun, which was the beginning and end of all life.

My children grew at an alarming pace, and at first I was afraid that it was because I had no real concept of time like this, but then I realized it was because they would be Adolescents, teenagers, by age 5.

I worried this would have negative effects on their psyches, but even without our daily meditations, they grew to near-full maturity on their own, their minds and souls growing on par with their bodies, which made me happy.

Still, to only have five years before they would need to go and fight and evolve and grow... it was a shame, but with 72 of them, I suppose it was good that I hadn't had any more. I don't think the world could handle many more of my children.

The villages along the river grew, under my gaze, and the farms turned the villages into towns, and the Fort into a Port City. Crops grown here in my lands were more nutritious, more healthy, more bountiful, and so they were shipped to other continents, while the fishing industry started to get its feet under it, with one of the Dragons from the village overseeing it.

My roots expanded to the entire Elysian Plains, before I could reach no further, and so I busied myself building more rivers, all over the plains, which was an interesting challenge, as I could only move my roots a little bit a day.

I made do, with Mika helping, and soon we had a grand Delta which made the Nile look like a child's sand box, spanning 215 millions miles across the Plains from one end to the other, all four corners of the plains connected and feeding the rivers with a natural flow from north to south.

As my children approached their Fifth Summer, I began to notice that they were not, in fact, Sphinxes. Their Statuses, (which I'd only recently regained the ability to read,) called them 'Blood of the Silver Titan'. Un-evolved, their aura was Silver Titan, not Ur, and their stats were equal to a level 200 human, evidenced by their continuous besting of the Young Templar's, (whom my students continued to raise and train as if they were their own children.)

It worried me a little, that they would have such power, but my Disciples and I did a good job of keeping them Humble, not letting them go mad with power.

I discovered other Shrine Deities, in the Holy City and throughout the settlements in the Plains, and they were interesting, but ultimately I would return my focus to my little Mountain, and the lake.

The Disciples had all evolved to at least a First Legendary, when the Demon Lord XP had been spread, and the villagers had all gained levels from the proceeds as well, the lowest level amongst them being around 200, now. The higher-level ones left, a few at a time, to protect various villages or make their own, and while there was a bittersweet farewell, I could still feel them, so I supposed it wasn't that much of an issue.

The Elysian Fields  had benefitted from the virility effect of the Titan's Blood that was diluted into the waterways, so even though the population of the Fields had skyrocketed, there was no shortage at all, and in fact the residents began to export a good amount of meat, just in order to keep the various species' and herds healthy. Soon enough, a balance was attained, and just like the fishing business, the meat and fur business began to boom.

In that way, the various species' on the other continents, which had begun to be hunted to dangerously low levels, as they always were, were given time to recover, as the various markets around the world gained a very reliable distributor of various meats, furs, fish, alcohol, Medicinal Herbs, and crop products.

I was aware of the fact that resources weren't infinite, so it was made clear that a cap was put on allowable exports, and everything after that, that would already be killed to keep the animals healthy, was used as fertilizer and such for the various farms and fields.

Jerrod made sure all of the business went through the Holy City, and a brother of his who was specifically good at directing large business transactions made an office there to handle it all, so that our town didn't turn into a metropolis, and ruin the peace we worked so hard for.

Soon enough, though, my children began to Evolve, going into the Plains and hunting down large and powerful prey, and they were each gifted Classes by me, which was nice.

Slavery was banned formally on three continents, Ours, (obviously,) the North-Eastern Merchant's Continent, the Templar's Northern Continent, but the other two to the south refused, and so they were not able to benefit from the various goods we exported to the Northern Continents.

So A time of tentative peace began, as the Holy War was put on hold with the destruction and then Ascension of half of the entire Demon Populace to the various Planes that they chose when they ascended.

After a few more years of watching and waiting and raising my children alongside their mothers, my new body was finished, and I smiled slowly, the feeling of facial muscles a very foreign one, after being a Tree for so long.

My eyes slowly opened, and the light stung them, but my smile spread as a picture began to make its way through the haze of light, and the pupils slowly adjusted. "Welcome Back, master. We've been waiting for you." Zoken chuckled, sitting in front of me calmly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 614 25
The guards grabbed me, forcing me to enter the room I didn't even want to be in. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to be captured. And most of...
21K 1.1K 47
I don't know if I died or not, but the moment I regained my consciousness, I was already standing on a field full of grass and surrounded by trees. "...
29.1K 1.3K 21
"My Master"one of the worst game they have ever played,your role is a Butler and only a Butler taking care of one of the many masters in a big house...
163 9 23
Deadbeat incel loser experiences the final breaking point and dies a wanted death. Only to find himself in a strange predicament. In a new world, wit...