16: Come Get Some

^^ Lord Ira ^^

— Hallox —

My skin had never been a color other than black before. Not that I remembered. I was born darker than other Orcs, because both my parents were Death-Orcs, so I was predestined to be the same, my Evolution Path was literally ordained.

But now I awoke to a feeling of intense self-disappointment, and charcoal black/grey skin. The grey skin didn't even faze me as I held my axe in my hands, staring at my reflection in the blade.

'I was useless in that fight... the Mage fought better than me. THE MAGE!!! I won't be that worthless again. Supporting is an honorable position; holding the line is a position for the strongest, while the fastest are vanguard, and the weakest are archers or Mages. But if every single one of them is stronger than me, am I even necessary?' I asked myself.

"Do you want power?" A deep voice asked from behind me, and I turned, finding a being in silver plate mail and a ridiculously horned helmet leaning against the tree next to where I slept. (I didn't like sleeping underground in the places the Sage made for us, so I slept in the grove.)

"Who doesn't?" I responded, standing and searching his body for weaknesses.

<Hello! I am the Voice of the World! I- oh, you need his stats, now.
Name: Lord Ira, (Seven Sin's Clan, Wrath.)
Race: Rage Demon, Machai, (Legendary Path, 9th.)
Demonic Aura: 10th Form
-
Combat Level: 400 (550).
-
Strength: 100% (500%)
Speed: 120% (600%)
Stamina: 50% (250%)
Defense: 10% (50%)
Intelligence: 95% (5%)
Weapon's Skill: 50%
Unarmed Skill: 5%.>

"You'd be surprised. People want power for the oddest of reasons, and when it's given, they question the price. Now-"

"Yeah no, I don't need anything from you. I'm good." I shrugged, and settled my axe on my shoulder.

He twitched, and a bastard sword appeared in his hands, the point embedded in the ground. It was the same height as him, and matched to his armor, with such a heavy, wedge-like blade that it would actually benefit from my Axe Mastery as well as Swordsmanship, it seemed. "You would refuse so easily a Demon Lord's offer of Power? You do realize how strong I could make you?"

"Considering our stats and levels are about equal, it seems to me you're much older, so you've progressed much slower than me. So, yes, I refuse. Why would I become the minion of someone who took several hundred Suns to get where I got in just four seasons?" I snorted, and shook my head. "Now leave, please; this shrine is very private, and you were not given permission to enter, I imagine. The Sage of the Mountain is very particular about who may enter."

His grip on his bastard sword tightened slowly, and I stared at the eye-slits in his helmet calmly, stretching my muscles within my body, without any movement, like I'd been taught. "I will allow you a night to reconsider... you should thank me for my patience."

"You should go suck an egg." I smirked, baring my tusks at him, and tightened my stance as he darted forward, punching at my face. He left his sword behind, so I slipped around him and grabbed it, lifting it and my axe in either hand. "A nice sword... thanks, I'll take it as the Toll for trespassing." I let the axe eat the sword, and heard his small gasp, then a savage snarl.