Maintaining Harmony (Doctor W...

By puppuphk

Harmony just wanted to go to Comic Con is that so hard to ask apparently so because while waiting for her fri... More

Book 1: Chapter 1
Book 1: Chapter 2
Book 1: Chapter 3
Book 1: Chapter 4
Book 1: Chapter 5
Book 1: Chapter 6
Book 1: Chapter 7
Book 1: Chapter 8
Book 1: Chapter 10
Book 1: Chapter 11
Book 1: Chapter 12
Book 1: Chapter 13
Book 1: Chapter 14
Book 1: Chapter 15
Book 1: Chapter 16
Book 1: Chapter 17
Book 1: Chapter 18
Book 1: Chapter 19
Book 1: Chapter 20
Book 1: Chapter 21
Book 1: Chapter 22
Book 1: Chapter 23
Book 1: Chapter 24
Book 1: Chapter 25
Book 1: Chapter 26
Book 1: Chapter 27
Book 1: Chapter 28
Book 1: Chapter 29
Book 1: Chapter 30
Book 1: Chapter 31
Book 1: Chapter 32
Book 1: Chapter 33
Book 1: Chapter 34
Book 1: Chapter 35
Book 1: Chapter 36
Book 1: Chapter 37
Book 1: Chapter 38
Book 1: Chapter 39
Book 1: Chapter 40
Book 1: Chapter 41
Book 1: Chapter 42
Book 1: Chpater 43
Book 1: Chapter 44
Book 1: Chapter 45
Book 1: Chapter 46
Book 1: Chapter 47
Book 1: Chapter 48
Book 1: Chapter 49
Book 1: Chapter 50
Book 1: Chapter 51
Book 1: Chapter 52
Book 1: Chapter 53
Book 1: Chapter 54
Book 1: Chapter 55
Book 1: Chapter 56
Book 1: Chapter 57
Book 1: Chapter 58
Book1: Chapter 59
Book 1: Chatper 60
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
AN
Book 2: Chapter 12
Author Note
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14

Book 1: Chapter 9

2.8K 86 6
By puppuphk

Hey, welcome to the next chapter, and this is half of the episode Listen with the 12th Doctor, so i wasn't going to do 12 yet, but someone asked me to do that, they also asked for New Earth after, but i wanted to do a Donna episode, then i will do the New Earth. Anyway enjoy, and don't forget to review and tell me what you think.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I turned the corner trying to get away from the Tardis as quickly as I could and ran into someone making me nearly fall.

"Ouch! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was goi…Clara?" I question looking up to see Clara Oswald looking rather nice for just being out.

"Harmony? Oh is the Doctor around?" she asked me and I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"pfft that idiot, no he just dropped me off. He was being an insensitive jerk to me and I gave up trying to reason with him, you look nice, why?" I ask her trying not to sound too upset.

"Really? That doesn't sound like something the Doctor would do and I was on a date, not that it matters" she says sounding upset.

"Of course it matters, it didn't go well, did it?" I ask her with a sad expression.

"Yea it went terrible, anyway since you're here, you might as well come with me the Doctor isn't here or he hasn't for a few days." she says to me.

"Yea, sure, I need some cheering up myself" I tell her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Once we got to her house she led me to her room. "Let's just have a girl talk about how my date with Danny went and do those kind of things and watch movies with ice cream" she says more sorrowful than before. She opens the door but it hits something as it opens.

I see the 12th Doctor is sitting at Clara's dressing table, and my mouth goes into an 'o' shape being as I haven't even met him yet and have no idea what is going to happen.

"You just have to squeeze through." he says to her not seeing me.

"Doctor?" Clara asks him.

"Why do you have three mirrors? Why don't you just turn your head?" he questions her and I walk in only to get a better view of him.

"What are you doing in here?" she asks him.

"You said you had a date. I thought I'd better hide in the bedroom in case you brought him home. Bit early, aren't you? Did it all go wrong, or is this good by your standards?" he asks her still not noticing me.

"It was a disaster and I am extremely upset about it, since you didn't ask, at least Harmony knows how to treat bad dates, unlike you." she tells him.

"Fine. I need you, for a thing." he tells her.

"I can't." Clara says.

"Oh, of course you can. Come on, you're free. More than usually free, in fact." he tells her.

"No, it's just possible that I might get a phone call." She argues back not wanting to go on an adventure after a horrible date.

"From the date guy? It's too late. You've taken your make-up off." he states and I look at her.

"No, no she hasn't she still has it on, you are just oblivious to things like that" I tell him still annoyed from nine.

"No, I haven't. I'm still wearing my make-up." Clara tells him.

"Oh, right. Well, you probably just missed a bit. Come on, come on, come on, come on." he ushers her into the Tardis then turns to face me.

"Now, Harmony, you are very upset my dear, your posture like you are angry, and whatever it is we should talk about it before you blow up on me…" he starts to say but I cut him off.

"You want to talk, fine, Jack Harkness, that is all I am going to say, I know that was a while for you, and before you ask no I have no idea what the hell is going on or is going to happen because I have no idea what happens this far in your time-line, the only thing I know is this face and how you got it up until you didn't know how to drive the Tardis." I tell him and slowly walk over and place my hand on his cheek and lightly run my thumb across it.

"You're Scottish, and still as handsome as any regeneration you have had, and I know you think you are old, but I think you are handsome and we are leaving it at that. Now let's go into the Tardis, I haven't seen the new desktop personally yet." I tell him lightly kissing his cheek then turn and walk into the Tardis.

I notice that it looks the same from the 11th Doctor just had new items including a reclining chair, bookshelves, candles, chalkboards, an additional staircase to the upper level and circular lights around the lower balcony. He also changed the lighting of the time rotor and room from its original aqua to orange, creating an ambient glow that added warmth to the room.

"I love it, the lighting of the time rotor, it brings a more warm feeling to the room, than that aqua color you had in your previous incarnation." I tell him and continue to look around grinning and turn to see Clara is carrying her shoes in her hands.

"See, that is why I don't wear heels, they hurt your feet, I will stick with running shoes" I say to her and she rolls her eyes.

"I haven't actually said yes." She tells the Doctor.

"Yes, you know sometimes when you talk to yourself, what if you're not?" he says ignoring her not wanting an adventure.

"Not what?" I ask him confused.

"What if it's not you you're talking to? Proposition. What if no one is ever really alone? What if every single living being has a companion, a silent passenger, a shadow? What if the prickle on the back of your neck, is the breath of something close behind you?" he says to us and moves around.

"How long have you been travelling alone?" Clara questions him.

"Darling, you never do well on your own." I tell him and reach for his hand.

"Perhaps I never have." he tells us and shows us the blackboard with the word 'Listen' on it.

"It looks like your handwriting." Clara tells him.

"Well, I couldn't have written it and forgotten, could I?" he says like it is obvious.

"Have you met you? What's all this?" I ask him and finally grab his hand and interlock our fingers, then gesture with my other hand to the table strewn with books.

"Dreams. Accounts of dreams, by different people, all through history. You see, I have a theory." he tells us.

"I'll bet you have. What theory?" Clara asks him.

"I think everybody, at some point in their lives, has the exact same nightmare. You wake up, or you think you do, and there's someone in the dark, someone close, or you think there might be." he says.

"So you sit up, and turn on the light. And the room looks different at night. It ticks and creaks and breathes. And you tell yourself there's nobody there, nobody watching, nobody listening, nobody there at all. And you very nearly believe it. You really, really try and then." he says to us.

"There are accounts of that dream throughout human history. Time and time again, the same dream. Now, there is a very obvious question I'm about to ask you two. Do you two know what it is?" he asks us.

"Have you had that dream?" she asks him.

"Exactly. " he responds.

"No, that was Clara asking you. Have you had that dream?" I question him.

"I asked first." he tells us

"No, Clara did." I tell him and lightly squeeze his hand, it's still weird seeing him like this and having absolutely no idea what is going to happen.

"You really didn't. " the Doctor tells Clara.

"Okay, yeah, probably. Yes. But everyone dreams about something under the bed." Clara tells him waving him off.

"Why?" the Doctor asks and places Clara's fingers into squidgy sections on the Tardis console.

"Just hold on tight. If anything bites, let it." he tells her.

"What is it?" she asks him.

"Tardis telepathic interface. You are now in mental contact with the Tardis, so don't think anything rude." he warns her.

"Why not?" She asks

"It might end up on all of the screens. The Tardis is extrapolating your entire timeline, from the moment of your birth, to the moment of your death." he tells her and looks at the screen.

"Which I do not need a preview of." she tells him.

"I'm turning off the safeguards and navigation, slaving the Tardis to you. Focus on the dream. Focus on the details. Picture them, feel them. The Tardis will track on your subconscious and extract the relevant information. It should be able to home in on the moment in your timeline when you first had that dream. And then, we'll see." he tells us.

"What will we see?" I ask him walking over to stand next to Clara.

"What's under your bed." he tells us and starts the Tardis flying.

"Ooo!" Clara says as the Tardis moves going off of her memories.

"Okay, now don't get distracted. Remember, you are flying a time machine." the Doctor warns her as her mobile phone rings, and she probably is thinking of her date. As the Doctor walks around the console to her and tosses her phone behind her.

"No, no. Don't you dare. No, don't. Don't, don't. Just ignore it." he tells her.

"You, threw her phone, you could of broken it, the poor phone." I say as I go over and pick the phone up and place it somewhere else.

"Okay, that's good. That worked. We're here." the Doctor says as we land.

"Sorry, I think I got distracted. " Clara admits to him and I smile lightly.

"No, no, no, no, no. The date's fine. Come on." the Doctor says as he waves off and I roll my eyes at his 'I am sure nothing is wrong' type of saying.

"Come on where?" Clara questions him.

"Your childhood I'm guessing" I say and the Doctor nods at me and grabs my hand tugging me out of the Tardis.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"The West Country Children's Home. Gloucester. By the ozone level and the drains, mid-nineties. You must have been here when you had the dream. " the Doctor says as we get out of the Tardis and it was dark out.

"Never been to Gloucester in my life, and I've never lived in a children's home." Clara says confused.

"You've probably just forgotten. Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious. Little you must be in here somewhere, with your little brain." the Doctor point out to her.

"That is insulting humans, and totally not cool." I tell him and lightly hit his chest.

"Isn't it bad if I meet myself?" Clara asks him.

"It is potentially catastrophic." the Doctor tells her.

"So why did you bring me out here?" she questions him.

"I was still talking. I needed someone to nod. Probably best for you to wait in the Tardis, while me and Harmony check it out" the Doctor tells her.

"Doctor, I…" Clara starts to say but is cut off by the Doctor.

"See you in a minute. Tardis." he says to her and points to the Tardis.

"Doctor. If I had have been distracted, what would have happened?" Clara asks him and I realize that she got distracted by the phone.

"We would probably have ended up in the wrong place. But don't think we have, because the time zone's right. We won't be long." he tells her and pulls me along with him.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

The sonic screwdriver is scanning as the Doctor and I walk along the corridor. A balding man in glasses opens a door. "How did you get in?" the man asks us.

"Your door must be faulty." I tell him smirking a little.

The Doctor holds up his psychic paper and I tilt my head watching the man read it.

"An inspection? It's two in the morning." he asks.

"When better? Do you always work here nights?" the Doctor asks him.

"Most nights, yes." he responds to the Doctor.

"Do you ever end up talking to yourself?" the Doctor asks him.

"All the time. It's this place. You can't help it." he responds.

"What about your coffee?" the Doctor asks him.

"His coffee?" I say sending the Doctor a questioning look.

"My coffee?" the man answers and looks at the mug he put down on the table. I notice out of the corner of my eye Clara going up the stairs behind the Doctor since I turned to the side.

"Sometimes, do you put it down, and look round, and it's not there?" the Doctor continues to question him.

"Everybody does that." the man says.

"Yes. Everybody." the Doctor says and the television switches off.

"Who turned your telly off?" the Doctor questions and I reach for his hand.

"It does that. It just goes off." I heard him say as we were down the corridor as the Doctor walks alongside me and takes a drink from it.)

"Hmm." the Doctor hums.

"What?" I ask him.

"let's find out" the Doctor says as we enter a dark room and he pulls me into a chair and picks up a book at least I hope it was a book.

"Okay. It's not funny this, you know." I hear Clara say and the light switches on and Clara and a boy turns to see us sitting in a chair, or more like me in his lap reading a book over my shoulder there also was a figure covered by the bedspread.

"Where is he?" the Doctor questions and I snort.

"Doctor? Harmony?" Clara questions us.

"I can't find him. Can you find him?" the Doctor asks and moves the book.

"Find who?" Clara asks.

"Wally. He's looking for Wally." I tell her grinning.

"Wally?" she questions us.

"He's nowhere in this book." the Doctor says still looking at the book.

"It's not a Where's Wally one." the boy tells us.

"Well, how would you know? Maybe you just haven't found him yet." the Doctor says defensive.

"He's not in every book." the boy states looking at the Doctor with confusion.

"Really? Well, that's a few years of my life I'll be needing back. Are you scared? The thing on the bed, whatever it is, look at it. Does it scare you?" He asks the boy as he basically makes me get up.

"Yes." the boy says to him.

"Well, that's good. Want to know why that's good?" the Doctor tells him.

"Why?" the kid asks.

"Let me tell you about scared. Your heart is beating so hard, I can feel it through your hands. There's so much blood and oxygen pumping through your brain, it's like rocket fuel. Right now, you could run faster and you could fight harder, you could jump higher than ever in your life. And you are so alert, it's like you can slow down time. What's wrong with scared? Scared is a superpower. It's your superpower. There is danger in this room and guess what? It's you. Do you feel it? Do you think he feels it? Do you think he's scared? Nah. Loser. Turn your back on him." he says and turning around.

"What?" the boy questions him.

"Yeah, turn your back on him. Come on. You too, Clara, Harmony. Clara, Harmony, your back, now." the Doctor says and goes to the window.

"Do it. Just do it now. Turn your back. Do it now, turn your back. Lovely view out this window. " he says.

"Fine, whatever you say darling" I tell him and go to stand next to him as the boy come and stands between me and Clara who stood next to me.

"Yeah. Come and see all the dark." Clara tells him softly.

"The deep and lovely dark. We'd never see the stars without it. Now, there are two possibilities. Possibility one, it's just one of your friends standing there, and he's playing a joke on you. Possibility two, it isn't." the Doctor says.

"So, plan? Plans are good." Clara tries to get the Doctor to make a plan or see if he has one.

"You on the bed, I'm talking to you now. Go in peace. We won't look. Just go. If all you want to do is stay hidden, it's okay. Just leave." the Doctor says and I think it moved closer to us making me go stiff.

"Is it gone?" Clara and I ask.

"Don't look round. Not yet." the Doctor tells us.

"I can't hear anything." the boy says.

"Don't look round. If he says not to look round then don't" I tell the boy as he starts to turn around.

"Look away! Look away now! Don't look at it! Don't look round. Don't look round. Don't look at the reflection." the Doctor yells at him.

"What is it?" the boy questions.

"Imagine a thing that must never be seen. What would it do if you saw it?" the Doctor questions.

"I don't know." the kids says.

"Neither do I. Close your eyes." the Doctor tells him.

"What?" he questions.

"Close your eyes. You too, Clara, Harmony. Give it what it wants. Prove to it that you're not going to look at it. Make a promise. A promise you're never going to look at it." he tells us and I close my eyes and reach for the Doctor's hand feeling him take it and squeeze it slightly.

"I promise never to look." the boy says.

"The breath on the back of your neck, like your hair's standing on end. That means, don't look round." the Doctor tells us and the door slams shut.

"Gone." Clara breathes out.

"Gone. " the Doctor reassures her.

"He took my bedspread." the boy says sounding upset.

"Oh, the human race. You're never happy, are you?" the Doctor says rolling his eyes and I hit the back of his head.

"Rude, you never do grow out of that rudeness do you?" I tell him and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Am I safe now?" the boy asks us.

Clara, the Doctor, and I look at his toys. The Doctor seems more interested in his orange robot than anything.

" Nobody's safe, especially not at night in the dark, Anything can get you. And all the way up here, you're up here all alone." the Doctor says very insensitively. Clara then proceeded to slaps the back of the Doctor's head.

"What was that for?" he says and looks at her.

"Shut up, leave this to me." she tells him and found a box of toy plastic soldiers.

"These yours?" she asks the kid, which I really wish I knew his name but didn't.

"They're the home's." he says softly to her.

"They're yours now." she tells him.

"People don't need to be lied to." the Doctor tells her.

"People don't need to be scared by a big gray-haired stick insect, but here you are. Stay still, shut up. See what I'm doing? This is your army." she says as she puts the little soldiers on guard around Rupert's bed.

"Plastic army." I mutter.

"Sit! And they're going to guard under your bed. You see this one? This is the boss one, the colonel. He's going to keep a special eye out." she tells us then turns to the boy.

"It's broken, that one. It doesn't have a gun." the kid points out to the gun-less solider.

"That's why he's the boss. A soldier so brave he doesn't need a gun. He can keep the whole world safe. What shall we call him?" Clara asks him.

"Dan." he tells her.

"Sorry?" Clara looks at him bewildered.

"Dan, the soldier man. That's what I call him." he tells her.

"Good. Good name." she says still sounding shocked.

"Yeah. Would you read me a story? It'll help me get to sleep." he asks her.

"Sure. We will tell you a story." I say to him smiling lightly and walk over to him, but the Doctor beats me to it.

"Once upon a time…." he starts and touches the boys forehead and the boy falls back, asleep.

"The end. Dad skills." he gloats and I hit the back of his head.

"That's cheating, he didn't get a story, I hope you never used that on your kids" I tell him and walk out of the room heading toward the Tardis hearing him say something like he was trying to think about what I said.

"B….but…but…what? Wait, no it's…it's not cheating….Clara" he says.

"Nope, not helping you out of this one, your fault." she tells him and I laugh slightly and hear her follow me out.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"So is it possible we've just saved that kid from another kid in a bedspread?" Clara asks us as we get back to the Tardis.

"Entirely possible, yes. The bigger question is, why did we end up with him, and not you?" the Doctor asks her.

"I got distracted." she admits.

"Ha! I knew it, I so knew that you got distracted by that phone call!" I yell excitedly as she blushes lightly.

"But why that particular boy? You don't have any. You don't have any kind of connection with him, do you?" the Doctor questions her.

"No. No, no, no. Of course not. Why do you ask?" she says sounding somewhat uncomfortable.

The Doctor is working on a Tardis component while he answers her. "The Tardis was slaved to your timeline. Theoretically, there should have been some connection."

"Will er, will he remember any of that?" she questions him.

"Scrambled his memory. Gave him a big old dream about being Dan the soldier man." he states proud of himself and Clara starts crying.

"Clara?" I ask her gently.

"Are you okay?" the Doctor asks her.

"Doctor, I am sorry to ask, and, you know, I realise this is probably against the laws of time, or summat. Er, could you do me a favour?" she asks him and I smile.

We are now looking outside the restaurant and see earlier Clara leaving the restaurant, and I looked inside seeing Danny bangs his head on the table as we step out of the Tardis.

"Is that what I look like from the back?" Clara asks us looking rather put off.

"It's fine." I say at the exact time the Doctor says trying to sound like a compliment but failing at doing so.

"I was thinking it was good." she says and touches the back of her head.

"Really?" the Doctor asks her as she walks back into the restaurant.

"We should back in the Tardis, plus I need to shower, still haven't changed since I got kicked off the Tardis with the 9th Doctor." I tell him and head in to our room to take a shower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 613 35
She goes by many names. The adventurer, the genius; A liar, a truth seeker. But in the end, all of that won't matter any more. Why? The universe is...
381 5 11
The Doctor saved the universe from the final flux event and made some discoveries about her past in the process. To take her mind off it all, The Doc...
621K 27.6K 125
Lyssa Devons was trying to run away. But a freak lightning storm sent her to another destination entirely - the TARDIS. Now she's being tossed around...
127K 4.4K 66
ignite /ɪɡˈnʌɪt/ catch fire or cause to catch fire. •✽• Fool me once, Doctor, show me the stars. Give me a reason to believe in the Universe and I wi...