Knight Wolf and Little Robin...

By grimreaperbarbie

Batman, Robin, and Knight Wolf... it had been that way for years. That is until Dick Grayson left in the nigh... More

Part One: The Rise
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE, DO NOT SKIP
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note (Don't Skip)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Part 2: The Fall
Prologue (5 years ago)
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2

Chapter 5

13.5K 435 190
By grimreaperbarbie

Blair was going through her closet, searching for something to wear to dinner with her uncle when there was a knock on her door. More like a banging, really.

"Yeah, who's on the other side?" She called, pushing aside her black sweater and pulling out a Def Leppard shirt.

"It's Jason." Blair was tempted to get in her closet and shut the door.

"Oh, I thought it was someone important. What do you want?"

"Can we talk?"

"What are we doing right now?" Blair smirked. She heard a thud on her door, probably from Jason hitting his head. The thought made her laugh.

"Blair—"

"If I hear my name in that tone again, I will stab the person saying it!" Blair warned. All day long people had been saying her name like a warning or lecture was going to follow it, she wasn't about to let Jason Todd lecture her too.

"Just let me in!" Jason whined, followed by consistent pounding on her door. Groaning loudly, Blair walked over to the door. She opened the door as Jason fell to her feet, having been leaning against the door only moments before. "Thank you, about time."

"I meant it when I said I would stab you Todd. Speak now or forever hold your peace." Blair warned, going back to her closet to pull out a pair of ripped skinny jeans.

"What is your problem with me?" Jason snapped, getting up from the floor. Blair threw the jeans onto her bed, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"Seriously? You were caught trying to steal the hubcaps off the Batmobile and got offered my best friend's position. Am I supposed to like you?" She huffed. It was unbelievable. She was seriously having this argument when she had to cover up bruises to meet her uncle. Just another problem caused by Jason Todd.

"He was your best friend? How the fuck was I supposed to know that?!?" Jason exclaimed. She was being unbelievable, thinking he knew what he was doing.

"Think about it Birdbrain! Batman was spotted out on his own, but Knight Wolf and Robin were always together! Everyone knows that!" Blair rubbed her temples.

"Then maybe you should be a little, I don't know, less of a bitch to me then! I'm going to be your partner, maybe you should start acting like one!" Blair narrowed her eyes at Jason's words. She didn't care that he called her a bitch, she cared that he thought they were going to be like her and Dick.

"Let me get this through your thick head, okay? You are not, nor will you ever be Dick Grayson. You're Batman's partner, not mine. Keep it that way." Blair turned on her heel, stomping over to her vanity mirror to start covering her bruises. Jason followed, confused as to why she was hiding them.

"What are you doing?" He asked, sitting down on her bed.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm covering these bruises because I've got places to be." Blair looked behind her in the mirror, seeing Jason bouncing on her bed. "Why are you on my bed? Why are you here?"

"Oh, I thought we had established that five minutes ago before you started to yell at me." Jason looked around her room, his eyes falling on a picture of her and who he assumed to be Dick Grayson with Bruce at some corporate party. He had seen the picture in the papers before, but seeing it in color was different somehow. It was almost like you could feel their bonds. He looked away, Blair's annoyed voice cutting into his thoughts.

"My problem with you is just that. It's you." Blair turned around so fast, Jason fell off the side of the bed. She rolled her eyes as the boy immediately jumped back up. "You're here all of five minutes and already think you're big shit. Not only that, you're taking my best friend's job."

"I'm not trying to replace him," Jason interrupted, trying to make a case for himself in which he didn't sound like an asshole.

"Then why Robin? Why not Bluejay or something?" Blair turned back around, focusing her attention on covering the bruise on her cheek.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. Bluejay? Why Bluejay? Why?"

"Why Robin? Why?" Blair shot back.

"This wasn't my idea! I didn't ask him to make me Robin!" Jason yelled, getting more frustrated by the minute. Blair finished hiding her bruises and turned to face him again, seeing him standing at the foot of her bed with his hands clenched into fists.

"Newsflash Todd: you aren't Robin. Right now you're just some annoyingly pissed off teenage boy who can't even throw a punch correctly."

"I'm 19, and yes I can. I grew up fighting on the streets." He argued. Blair raised her eyebrows, taking in the new information. A part of her felt bad for him, actually, all of her did. Instead of voicing her feelings, she settled with her usual deflective attitude as of lately.

"For someone who grew up fighting on the streets, you have no idea what you're doing in training." Jason's eyes widened in disbelief.

"First of all, you're Knight Wolf. No one fighting on the streets has half the fight training you have. Second of all, you're a girl. I didn't want to fight you." Blair's jaw dropped at his stupidity.

"Not only did you just contradict yourself in that statement, but you just made the biggest mistake of your entire life." Blair stood up from her chair, walking over to meet Jason face to face, glaring up at him. "I have news for you, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are both girls. They can kill you without even thinking twice about it, so sorry, you have to fight them. That means you have to fight me in training, or this will all be for nothing because you'll die the minute you come into contact with them."

Blair and Jason stood there for what felt like eternity, both glaring at each other. While Blair swore up and down that she had never met a boy that had infuriated her more than the one in front of her, Jason swore that he had never met a girl more stubborn in his entire life.

"Fine," Jason spoke, finally caving in. Blair smirked, not at all surprised. "We'll do it your way."

"Oh but honey, there was no other way to begin with." Jason rolled his eyes, debating on throwing himself out of her window. There was less humiliation and defeat that way. "Now, get out. I need to finish getting ready to meet my uncle. Be ready to train when I get back."

********

Blair walked into Commissioner Gordon's office, plopping down in the empty seat across from him, placing her head in her arms on his desk.

"Hello to you too sunshine." Gordon greeted, an amused look on his face as he looked down at his niece. The girl held up a finger, signaling Gordon to pause a moment.

"Shh, just a second longer." She begged quietly. Gordon laughed, closing the file he had open on his desk, and turned to put it in the filing cabinet when Detective Harvey Bullock came in through the door.

"Did you know the perp Knight Wolf delivered to us last night committed several assaults against multiple women in the area?" Blair picked her head up, relieved to finally be hearing some decent news. "Apparently, he had really started to build a name for himself too. They were calling him Night Stalker's Twin, man."

Blair fought back the urge break into song. She had stopped a man before he had the chance to become a bigger threat to society. She couldn't wait to tell Dick. That's when she remembered all of her problems again.

"Hey there Spunky. Long night?" Harvey asked, turning to face Blair. Harvey had watched Blair grow up, running around the station from the time she could walk. He would take for rides in the cruisers, letting her play with all the different buttons and sirens.

"Long two weeks more like." Blair groaned. Harvey looked at Gordon, a silent understanding passing between the two of them.

"It'll get better, just give it some time." Harvey assured her.

"Bruce took in a new ward." Blair blurted out, placing her head in her hands. Gordon slammed the cabinet drawer harder than he intended in surprise.

"Well he didn't give it any time, did he?" Harvey muttered by the door. Both Blair and Gordon looked at Harvey with equal looks of annoyed bewilderment. "If either one of you needs a mirror, just look at each other. It's freaky."

Gordon rolled his eyes as his friend left the office, leaning against the cabinet and facing his niece, "Well, how do you feel about it?"

"Are you kidding? He's a massive pain in the ass, so cocky and conceited. He's like a massive pile of crap shaped into something cute to hide the fact that is, in fact, shit." Gordon covered his mouth with his hand, hiding a laugh as Blair continued. "Bruce is acting like he can replace Dick or like he never even existed. Even worse, he's in the room across from me."

Gordon pulled his jacket off the back of his chair, walking open to his office door and opening it. "After you, Grumpypants."

Gordon shook his head as Blair left the office, still complaining about Bruce's new adopted son.

********

"And then, he acts like he's trying to be my best friend and wants to talk about everything, when literally last night he was being a complete asshole. I mean, really he's so annoying!" Blair paused her rant to take a bite out of her pizza. Gordon sat across from his niece, listening with an amused expression on his face. It reminded him of her mother, Stephanie. She used to complain about Nathaniel the exact same way when they were younger. He wasn't about to tell Blair that though.

Blair noticed the amused expression her uncle wore and dropped her pizza on her plate. "What? Why? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You called him a cute pile of shit. Am I not supposed to be amused by anything that comes out of your mouth after that?" Gordon laughed. Blair widened her eyes.

"I never once called Jason Todd cute." She denied.

"Uh huh. Okay. I'm sure it just slipped out." Gordon laughed more. Blair rolled her eyes, knowing she wasn't going to get anywhere with him and took a sip of her cherry coke.

"Any suggestions or tips on dealing with annoying teenage boys?"

"You act like you didn't go to school with any. Dick was a teenager at one point too." Gordon pointed out, taking a bite of his pizza. Blair shook her head.

"Yes but I was like 10 then and he wasn't so annoying. On top of that, the guys I went to school with are completely different from Todd. I mean, they were all annoying assholes still, but they were different." Different in the sense that they had no idea what life was like on the streets of Gotham. They were all stuck up, rich idiots. Gordon shrugged.

"You could always come back home." He suggested. "There's a room waiting for you."

"Uncle Jim—"

"I know, I know. You're helping out Bruce since Dick is gone and now you have to help out with this Jason Todd kid. It was worth a shot though." Blair smiled softly, taking her uncle's hand.

"You know I do still love you though right? I'm just needed more where I'm at."

"Of course I know that Blair. I love you too. As long as you're happy, I'm happy too." Blair opened her mouth, ready to start complaining again when Gordon held up a finger.

"At least let me see if they have anything stronger in this joint before you go on your cute shit pile rant again."

"I did not call him cute!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.6K 16
Where two lost souls meet in strange ways. dick grayson x oc [ titans S1 ] started: 24 / 11 / 19 ended: 08 / 03 / 2020 edited: 08 / 05 / 2022 ยท disc...
565K 15.4K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
108K 3K 95
DISCONTINUED"everything i've done was to protect you harlow." "really? cause sure doesn't seem like it." IN WHICH THREE PARTNERS COME TO WORK TOGETHE...
173K 4.5K 36
" We can't change the past, but there's a difference between moving on and letting go." ~Harley Quinn~ Harper Phoenix's journey continues. With new v...