Beautiful Blessing- Diabolik...

By misskeepingitreal

Emi Tashibana is a member of the most powerful family of vampires, yet her status doesn't keep her safe from... More

Introduction- OC backstory
prologue
Extra scene featuring Yui Komori
Perfect - Reiji (part 1/2)
Perfect - Reiji (part 2/2)
Goodbye - Shuu (Part 1/2)
Goodbye - Shuu (part 2/2)
Liberation - Subaru (part 1/2)
Trap- Bonus Chapter
Memories - Ayato (part 1/2)
Memories - Ayato(part 2/2)
Innocence - Kanato (part 1/2)
Innocence- Kanato (part 2/2)
Lust - Laito (part 1/2)

Liberation- Subaru (part 2/2)

142 3 10
By misskeepingitreal

Author's note: I am sorry if anyone was actually waiting for this I wrote half of this chapter and then I kept putting it off, I'm sorry but I hope it was worth the wait.

I was taking a midnight stroll through the gardens of the Sakamaki family's mansion admiring the roses in the light of the full moon.  I heard a high screeching sound pierce the silence of the night making my ears ring, it sounded like a person crying. Without thinking about it I started following the sound of the tortured lament. The closer I got to it the clearer the sounds became, the noises started becoming words:

"Help me"

"Please"

"Help me"

"I beg of you"

"Please"

I kept walking. The more I walked, the more unfamiliar my surroundings became. I found myself in the middle of a forest, I felt like there was a strange force guiding me towards the sound. When I finally made it out of the forest I found myself in front of a castle. I gasped as I took in it's enormity. My eyes focused on the window of the highest tower, a woman stood at the other inside looking at me, she reached her hand out.

"Help me" she repeated.

I comprehended that she was somehow able to speak to me only, that her words only resounded in my head. I walked across the bridge that led to the castle's entrance. I hesitated when I stood in front of It's giant wooden doors, but they opened as soon as I pushed them. The inside of the castle was dark, the voice in my head guided me until I discovered a hidden door. It led to a series of stairs that seemed to go on forever. Finally at the top of the tower I found a small room. Inside was a normal looking bedroom, except  thick metal bars of a cell surrounded it. The woman I'd seen before was waiting for me, near what looked like the only way out of the cell, which a padlock sealed.

 "You need to help me, you need to get me out of here before he..." She started

"Excuse me, Who are you? Why did you summon me here?" I interrupted.

"My name is Christa, Karlheinz imprisoned me here, but you can help me. I can sense you are a powerful sorceress.  I've been trying to reach you since you got here, just the other day, you made contact with my son. today I was finally able to communicate with you" She explained

At first, I had no idea who she was referring to, but the more I looked at her, the more the resemblance became clear: her eyes, her hair. They were also his eyes and his hair.

"Do you mean...you're Subaru's mother?" I asked even though I knew the answer already.

"He's a gentle boy...maybe... that's why he is so weak" She commented. I had never seen vampire look as ill as she did, she seemed to be fading slowly, like a ghost.

"Weak?! Why would you say that?" I questioned in disbelief I had a lot of adjectives to describe Subaru but weak, was most definitely not one of them.

"It doesn't matter, I need you to tell me you'll get me out of here" She insisted.

"As much as I wish I could, I can't make any promises but I will try my best" I said with a solemn expression.

she nodded.

I looked at the padlock again, it had no slot for a key, it was simply just permanently locked. whoever had placed it there obviously only cared about Christa not getting out. Besides there was something  wrong about this place all-together. I lived my life in cold, dark spots like this one, yet this castle still managed to make me nervous. I ignored the feeling and tried to open the padlock, but nothing happened, I tried again, this time holding on to it. That's when I felt it, the shot of searing pain that invaded my arms, I dropped the padlock with a gasp. I had felt that before...it was black magic.

 I looked at Christa.

"Who...locked you here?" I asked.

"I already told you!, I'm a prisoner of Karlheinz!" She repeated

"No, I'm not talking about the one who gave the orders,  but about the one who  brought you here and placed this lock on your cell" I clarified.

"It was his brother and...that woman" hesitating  before finally saying her name "Cordelia" .

You could have thought she was referring to the devil. I  even saw a shadow of fear further darken her cloudy eyes.

"This lock...it's sealed with  powerful black magic... I don't practice black magic" I felt my heart drop as I told her this, since I ached to be able to help her.

Everything went silent.

"no..No!...NO!!" she screamed, and then started sobbing again.

"I'm so sorry, I really wish I could do something for you...If you need ...I could...get Subaru" I offered. desperate to make her feel better.

"No! keep him away from me! Keep that filthy child away from me! He's a monster, just like his father A MONSTER!!" she screamed again, I couldn't believe what she was saying.

"How could you call him that he is your son?" I was so astonished  my voice was barely audible.

"He's a MONSTER!!, I told him!...I TOLD HIM TO KILL ME BUT HE WOULDN'T DO IT!!" she howled holding on to the bars of the cell "COWARD!!"

Then it finally dawned on me how disturbed this woman truly was.  Despite feeling sorry for her, there was a part of me that wanted to call her the filthiest names...how could she do that to her own child?.

"I'm sorry... I wish...I could get you out of here...but even if could...I'm not sure you deserve to get out" My voice cracked on the last word. After hearing me she went silent again.

I left, I could not look at her any longer, I ran out of the castle as fast as I could, which was hard with all the heaviness in my heart.

I stopped running when I reached the middle of the bridge. I noticed that my breaths were erratic and there was burning pain in my chest, though it had nothing to do with the exercise. I was having an anxiety attack. That woman...Christa she reminded me of myself, our restraints were different but she was every bit as trapped as I was. she ached so much for liberation it drove her insane and it scarred her son for life, what if I ended up like her?...or worse. My thoughts turned into a spiral of torment, I felt like I was in verge of screaming, when I heard a voice.

"Oi! You, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" subaru screamed as he approached me.

As soon as I saw him someting else replaced the feeling of anxiety, I ran the rest of the way and threw my arms around him, holding him tightly.

"Subaru!" I exclaimed as I embraced him.

"What the hell?! What are you..."

"I'm sorry Subaru, I'm so sorry" I apologized profusely.

"Sorry?...What do you...Did you...see...her?" He finally asked looking at her widow.

"Yes, she called me here...she thought..I could get here out" I explained.

"And can you?" His question was full of hope, it make my heart ache even more.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry...the person that locked your mother here, they used black magic and I can't..."

"No, whatever, I get it, you're not that kind of witch" he said looking away from me.

"It's not that...you can't practice Black magic unless you...give up your soul" I confessed.

"So...we have a soul?" he asked.

"Of course we do, everybody does" I answered.

"Not me, I thought you'd learn that, i'm a monster" he replied, looking into my eyes with a mixture of rage and sadness.

I took his head between my hands.

"Listen to me Subaru, you are not a monster, and you know how I know that? because you care, you care about that woman there even though she failed to be the mother you deserved. You care about her and that's why you are here and even though you would never admit it I know you also care about me. You tried to protect me from you and your family by asking me to leave . I don't care how you see yourself Subaru, to me you will never, ever be a monster" I finished.

I hugged him again. I felt an ache once more, but this time it was of a different nature. I ached for Subaru I wanted to give him all the affection that had been denied to him for so long I wanted him to feel what it was liked to be loved.

He tore away from my embrace looking into the tower that held her mother captive, hiding his face from me.

"tch, You don't understand, I wanted to kill her...I should have. It was my duty to end her suffering.I was the only one who could, but I couldn't...I still can't!! I'M A FUCKING COWARD!!" he howled falling on his knees and hitting the floor with his fist.

 "Subaru this is not your fight, It's hers, and you can stay here and be angry at yourself. Or you can come with me, and you can learn what love really is like"I proposed, extending my hand in his direction.

He pulled me down to his level, looking straight into my arm as he held on to my shoulders with a tight grip.

"Promise me! promise me you will devote yourself to me. promise me I will never feel like this again" He demanded.

"I promise, I will be all you ever need" I vowed.

"Then say it, I need to hear it" I could see tears forming it his eyes as he begged.

"I love you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.7K 43
Mizuki is a vampire princess. She's the princess of all vampires. Her father, Karl, is the King. Along with the queen, Christa. They loved there daug...
24.3K 696 26
Book 2 of the Dark Series One year have passed since Sakurazuka Chiaki left Mukami brothers and Sakamaki brothers behind. Many things she missed. Man...
1.5K 33 18
They're the strongest combatants in Japan. The ones with far more talented gifts than the average person; most being non-human. They all live separat...
53.7K 1.5K 30
*USED TO BE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST* Ayumi Komori is the total opposite of her older sister Yui Komori, especially when it comes to personality. Out...