What I See In You (BWWM)

By AyitiCheri_26

Desiree is a nice sweet person. She faces challenges with dealing with family problems but manages to not let... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Characters
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Coming soon
Out now!!!!

12

6.9K 267 242
By AyitiCheri_26

Monday

I walked in class and took my usual seat. Darius was already seated looking down at his phone and chuckling at something.

Something good hit my nose and I could already tell it was coming from him. Darius always has a good axe smell, but today it was stronger and better.

I brushed it off and opened my books.

"Psst." I heard.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Is it gonna be at my place or yours?" He asked. At first I was confused on what he was talking about then I remembered I had to tutor him today after school.

"Wherever you think your more comfortable with." I said.

"Your saying that like I even been to your place."

"I mean where we would concentrate better."

"Then we'll go with your place." He said.

"Looking forward to having you over." I say sarcastically.

"Why thanks Desiree." He said.

"Whatever, bring your own food and drink cause this isn't a buddy to buddy session." I said.

"How rude would it be for someone to invite a guest without offering food or drink?" He said as he leaned on the desk.

"Not rude at all." I smiled and turned around once the bell rang.

"Today we're starting a new unit and you all will be assigned a monologue project. This project will help with your vocabulary and can increase your reading marks. Also you will be in pairs which I have assigned." Mrs. Ran said and everyone groaned.

"This isn't drama class Mrs. R." Someone said.

"Your right Peter it isn't. But in this English course you must get this done to pass." She said.

I look out the window and thought in my head. This wouldn't be bad. I got nervous though when she said she picked the pairs. I didn't really know much people in our class and I wasn't planning to.

Also if she paired me with Darius then that's double stress on me.

She grabbed a clipboard and put on her glasses. I crossed my fingers and bit my lips. All I can think about is please let it be someone I'd like.

"Let's see here. Starting with Amy, your with Darius." She said. I wanted to laugh. Amy was this nerd girl. She was almost allergic to everything. She wore these big glasses and I don't think she owns any other pair of clothes except that one red sweater and jeans.

"You got to be kidding me." I heard him mumble. I snickered then quickly stopped before he heard me.

"Desiree, your with Ashton." She said and my mouth dropped.

"No way." I whispered. I heard Darius laughing making me turn around and glare at him.

Ashton was way worst than Amy. He was gross and dirty. The only thing that's good about him is his knowledge other than that he's always picking in his noise and has a nasty stench on him.

I did not approve.

"That's a tough one." Darius said.

"I'm not working him, no way." I said.

"Do you think I want to work with her? Looks like everyone can't get their way can they?" He said. I sighed.

I looked across the room at Ashton in disgust. He was already blushing and looked away smiling to himself. Hell to the no.

At the end of the period I waited for everyone to leave so I can speak to Mrs. Ran about my partner.

"How can I help you Desiree?" She asked once everyone left.

"Not be rude or anything, but can you change my partner?" I asked.

"See I knew you weren't going be okay with Ashton. Why don't you try him out?" She asked with a laugh.

"I don't need to, I can't already tell it's going to be hard for me to work with him." I said.

"Is that what your here for as well Darius?" She asked. I turned around seeing Darius standing behind me. I didn't even know he was still here.

"What do you think. No way I'm working with her." He said.

"Well here's a solution, since you both aren't satisfied with your partners, you two will be pairs." She said. Darius and I looked at each then nodded.

"It's better than working with Ashton." I said.

"Perfect, now you both will be working on two things." She said happily.

"I guess." I said.

"I'll make the changes tomorrow." She said. She dismissed us and we both left.

"Imagine working with Ashton, Ugh." I said in disgust.

"If only." He said and I punched his shoulder.

"Well than that'll mean you'll be with Amy." I rolled my eyes.

"She's not as bad him though." He laughed.

"Whatever, it's safe to say I'm glad we switched." I headed towards to stair door to go up to my locker.

"Hey." He called. I turned around and saw him looking down at the ground with a questionable look.

"Yeah?"

"Have you spoken to Rachel today or any other day?" He asked. I swallowed my spit and tried my best to be normal.

"No I haven't heard from her ever since the other day at the bleachers. Why?"

"Nothing. If you see her around can you tell her I want to talk since she's avoiding me." He said and I nodded. We parted ways and I found myself feeling bad.

Darius has no clue what Rachel's been doing behind his back and I know about it all. I just hope everything doesn't go messy.

...

I got home and I texted Darius my address. I felt a bit nervous thinking of him coming over. Probably because no ones been at my house but my friends.

A couple minutes later he said ok and he was on his way.

While waiting I fixed Justine a lunch and set my books in the living room. I went upstairs to change into something different since I didn't want to be in the same school clothes.

I heard the door bell ring making my heart beat fast.

"I'll get it!" I hear Justine yell.

I quickly went back downstairs seeing Darius smiling down at Justine.

"So she's does have a boyfriend." She said.

"Justine go finish eating." I said.

"I'm not hungry anymore." She said.

"Then go watch tv or do homework." I said. She shrugged and ran upstairs.

"You can go in the living room." I said as I closed the door behind him. He nodded and looked around.

"Which is where?" He asked.

"Oh right. Follow me." I gave him a fake smile and he followed.

"Nice place. Didn't think you were a rich girl." He said as he sat on the couch.

"Haha, I'm not. This house was just luck." I said.

"Sure."

"Want anything?" I asked and he laughed.

"Didn't you tell me your not going to provide me with anything?" He said.

"I did, but I wasn't serious. That's something you have to know about me." I sat down next to him.

"Looks like I brought these for nothing." He pulled out a bunch of candy bars.

"Wow, you came in clutch." I laugh.

"Just doing what you told me to."

"Anyways, lets get started." I say.

"Yes so I can fail for the second time." He smiled.

"No, this time your going to take it seriously and I'm gonna see what you have down before you hand it in."

"Or you could just write the whole thing for me." He smirked.

"It isn't that hard to do, your just saying a summary of the play in a percised way."

"That's something I can easily google." He rolled his eyes.

We looked through my notes and I talked about the basics of an essay and what he should include in it. We got interrupted once by Justine saying she couldn't find her tablet.

After helping her find it I return to the living room. I checked my phone and saw it was almost 6.

"I think that's it for today." I say. Darius put his books in his bag and took out two chocolate bars.

"Care for some chocolate?" He asked.

"How thoughtful of you." I held my chest in awe. I grabbed it and thanked him.

"So did you speak to Rachel?" He asked.

"I didn't see her today." I say as I bite into the chocolate bar. He sighed and leaned back on the couch.

"Maybe she's going through something?"

"No shit. She usually tell me what's going on now she can't even face me." He said. I stayed quiet and just ate my the bar.

"Do you know what's going on?" He asked. I looked at him with wide eyes and quickly chewed before shaking my head.

"N-no, I'm just as curious." I say. He studied me like he sensed I was lying.

"I gotta go." He grabbed his bag and stood up.

"Okay, see you Thursday." I say.

"Later." He said before walking out.

I look out the window and watch him enter in his car and drive off. Overall Darius wasn't a bad person. Since I got to know him better I come to see how sweet he actually is. I didn't see why Rachel would lose interest in a guy like him.

For one he was cute, from the first moment I saw him I always thought so. With his bright hazel green eyes and pink lips, how can you chose someone else over him.

And for his personality, you would think he's this cocky bad boy which I thought at first, but he can pick up a conversation with anyone and he has quite a humour.

I can't lie, at times I think about if he was single, maybe I'll see him differently. But nah. A guy like him and a girl like me would never happen.

I grabbed my stuff and brought it up my room. Justine was flopped over the bed sleeping. I adjusted her and laid beside her.

They really have to hurry with her room cause I want my space back. Her room was being reconstructed since it wasn't properly built. There was needles everywhere and it wasn't safe.

Tiredness overtook me and I eventually feel alseep.

...

I opened my eyes and first thing I saw Iyan looked directly at me while eating chips.

"Good evening." She said.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I look to my side seeing Justine on her tablet.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"It's almost 9 so do the math." She said. I laid back down and stared at the ceiling.

"I wish I could could go back in time and do things differently." I said.

"Like wish you never asked to use the washroom and catch Rachel cheating on Darius?" She said. I nodded slowly.

"I think it's good that you know. That way she couldn've kept it going and none of us would've never thought she'll be capable of doing something like that."

"Yeah but I don't like-"

"Cheaters?" She cut me. I sat up and sighed.

"No. I don't like the idea of cheating. I don't think he deserves it."

"How can anyone cheat on Darius, I mean he's like who every girl wants to be with."

"I don't understand either. He came by today." I said and Iyan gasp.

"So things are getting close." She smirked.

"Not even. We had to move our session to after school." I say.

"Right. I bet you wanted to throw him on this bed and fu-"

"There is children in here." I say while looking at Justine whose was watching something on her tablet.

"I was gonna say fuss over your homework." She said and I laughed.

"Uh huh." I got off my bed and stretched.

"I mean do you ever think about it?" She asked.

"Think about what?"

"Fussing with Darius? If you spend that much time with him I know it'll slip your mind."

"Iyan!"

"Kidding." She laughed.

"She's avoiding him though." I said.

"Does she think avoiding him will make him find out or leave her?"

"She's probably thinking of a way to break up with him." I shrugged.

"Well she's making a mistake."

"A really bad one." I sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 4.1K 49
Harry, a young handsome son of a slaver is known for his womanizing and partying until one day, he encounters a beautiful young slave.
429K 12.4K 39
This story is about....well you'll have to read it to find out. Happy reading!(NOT A FAN-FICTION) If you're not into the lovey-dovey type story then...
333K 11K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
4.5K 450 28
She is a Queen at a very young age, she is cold and ruthless, she rules her kingdom well. He is a pauper , very handsome and then he encountere...