The Dark Within Us || Loki La...

By CallMeWriterX

While celebrating her birthday, Louise and her friend recklessly decide to give her the ultimate present: a m... More

Introduction
1 ~ Fingers Crossed
2 ~ Mila
3 ~ Join the Club
4 ~ Trust is a Fickle Thing
5 ~ A New World
6 ~ Blue
7 ~ Earthlings
8 ~ The Lies We've Been Told
9 ~ Her Son
10 ~ What's On Your Mind?
11 ~ Tales
12 ~ Shattered
14 ~ Home
15 ~ What Can't Be Cured, Must Be Broken
16 ~ Project 29
17 ~ Red Lasagne
18 ~ Sleeves
19 ~ The Key To Sága
20 ~ A Woman's Pride
An Update

13 ~ What Makes a Warrior

132 7 0
By CallMeWriterX

~ 13 ~

~

~
Two gifs because I've missed uploads! I'm so sorry, here is a brand new chapter!
~

"Alright."
I quickened my pace to keep up with the brothers. Thor's face was painted with a serious, focussed look while Loki grinned like child.
"So where are we headed?"

"We must deliver you to Heimdall first. What Loki and myself will be doing afterwards is not your burden to bare."
I sighed. He did enjoy keeping things to himself, did he not?

"This is so unlike you, brother."
Loki spoke as we turned at a corner, moving to walk next to Thor.
"So clandestine... Are you sure you wouldn't just rather punch your way out?"

The halls were dark. A few fires were lit up every few steps, making our shadows dance on the wall as we rushed past. So it did get dark in Asgard, I silently chuckled.

"If you keep speaking I just might."
Was the God's short answer.

"Fine. As you wish."
Loki shrugged off the comment, and I saw his brother looking around warily.
"I'm not even here."

A bright, yellow light lit up in front of me. I closed my eyes for barely a second, and before I could register what had happened, Loki was nowhere to be seen. A guard had taken his place.

"What..."
I heard myself mumble.

"Is this better?"
Loki's voice sounded from the man.

Wait. He could do that?

What was I saying, of course he could.

"It's better company, at least."
Thor frowned, not really responding to anything his brother said.

"Still... We could be less conspicuous."
And once again, the light blinded me.

Now, Thor had been replaced by a gorgeous woman in armour, a fierce look on her face. His brother was himself again.

"Hm, brother."
Loki's eyes passed her body for a second.
"You look ravishing."

I blinked, my mouth wide open. Thor glanced down, then sighed.
"It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form."

Damn.

"Very well."
Loki added once again. He glanced my way, almost too quick for me to notice.
"Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions, given that you seem to like them so much."

I closed my eyes, shielding them from the bright light again. Would he ever stop?

"Ah, this is much better."
My eyes shot open. That voice.
"Whoa. Costume's a bit much."

Steve Rogers. Captain America.

"So tight. But the confidence... I can feel the righteousness surging."
Thor, back to his old self, looked away. So Loki moved towards me instead, his shield flashing in front of him.

"Really?"
I laughed, shaking my head.

"Hey, wanna have a rousing discussion about truth? Honour? Patriotism?"
His solid voice excitedly said. I moved my hand to my mouth, hiding a strangled laugh. He winked, his eyes glistering with amusement.

"God bless Ameri-"

A hand was wrapped around my wrist, pulling away from the path we were walking. Loki's sentence was cut off, and when I managed to balance myself and look up, I saw Thor's hand wrapped his mouth.

Loki pushed it away.
"What?"
He angrily muttered. I almost felt bad for him.

Their heads moved to the side, watching. I followed their gaze. Two guards, real ones this time, calmly made their way away from us. The metal of their armour clang against each other, making a noise with each step.

"You could at least furnish me with a weapon."
Loki spoke softer than before, looking at his brother who finally let go of my arm.
"My daggers, something."

The grin reappeared on his face when Thor finally looked at him. Was he really going to hand him knives, just like that?

"At last. A little common sense-"

A click sounded, and his joy immediately disappeared. Instead of weapons, his wrists were now bound together with shackles. He lifted his hands.

"And I thought you liked tricks?"
Thor chuckled, and this time I didn't hide my smile either.

"Suits you."
I nodded at him, making his frown even bigger. Before he could reply, I quickly followed after Thor.

"Let's go."
He called, and Loki's footsteps sounded right behind me. He grumbled something, but neither of us had the energy to reply.

After a few turns, we arrived in a slightly brighter hallway. Thor stopped, and I did the same. When I finally looked to my left, I saw two women approach. I only recognised one, her blonde hair and sculpted face standing out.

"Jane!"
I called.

"You're..."
She ignored me, heading straight for the person standing in front of me.

"I'm Loki."
He nodded.
"You may have heard of me-"

She smacked him. Straight across the face. His head was thrown backwards, now facing a gasping me.

"That was for New York."

For a second, he didn't move. Our eyes lingered on each other, neither of us sure how to react. But his eyes left mine, and he smiled at the girl who just slapped him.
"I like her."
He spoke to Thor.

I frowned.
"What happened in New York?"

Jane moved a stray hair back behind her ear, finally acknowledging me.
"This asshole here lead the attack. The aliens."

"Aliens? What do you-"
Once again, my questions couldn't be answered. This time, many footsteps sounded from the stairwell close by, alarming everyone.

"I'll hold them off. Take her."
The second woman told Thor, the limited amount of light hiding her face from me.

"Remember. Take Louise to the Bridge as rapidly as you can. Heimdall will have everything ready."

He was going to leave me alone with her? Was he serious?

She nodded with her head, motioning for him to go.

"Thank you."
The prince muttered, turning to aid Jane away.

"Thor! I don't need-"
I started.

But the God turned his head, refusing to listen to me.
"You'll be fine, believe me. She will protect you and guide you home."

What was it with everyone interrupting me today?

"Betray him, and I will kill you."
Next to me, a whole different scene had developed. The woman held a blade tightly against Loki's neck, who simply turned around and smiled at her.

"It's good to see you too, Sif."

That's when I recognised her. Sif, the woman he had turned Thor into. Was there something going on between them? Why was she so peculiar?
My eyes shifted between the pair. Sif pulled her sword away, allowing Loki to move away from her. He locked eyes with me, and I hesitated to speak to him.

But he didn't give me the chance. Instead he walked to move past me, his arm brushing mine as he bent his neck to whisper something in my ear.
"Do not get yourself killed, Midgardian. I do hope we will meet again."

And with that he left me gaping. Sif turned to me with a frown, seemingly ignoring the interaction between me and Loki.

"Have you ever fought before?"
Sif spoke confidently while twisting her blade around, ready for attack.

"No- no, of course not."
I hesitantly told her, unsure of what was about to unfold in front of me.

"Well then. Stay back, will you, sunshine?"

Sunshine... Alright then.

I followed her advice and took a step away from her and her blades. The crowd of guards had stormed up the stairs in the mean while, close enough for their spears to reach Sif. But they hesitated. Was it because they knew her, or because she intimidated them? Their eyes moved towards me, and their mumbles became yells.

They definitely didn't like me being here.

But the warrior didn't seem frightened by the men one bit. She handled the swords like they were her own hands, cutting the air. And when the first man threw his body forward to fight, she mercilessly collided her weapon with him, without spilling blood. His body fell to the ground, unconscious.

The rest of the group roared, and within seconds Sif was surrounded by them. Without wasting a breath, she kicked one man backwards, making him lose his balance. She took the opportunity to smack her blade against another man's skull, using his body as leverage to strike the first man down. Another guard approached her from the side, but her elbow was enough to daze him, followed by the use of her weapons once again.

But they just kept coming.

"On second thought, assistance would be very much appreciated!"
She called for me as another man's skull cracked under the hilt of her swords. I cringed at the sound.

"How?!"
Was she crazy?!

"What about the abilities? Quite certain that could be of help!"
The warrior casually continued chatting, wrapping her arm around a man's neck and using him to lift her body, hitting another person with both her feet.

"No?! I can't do that!"
I screamed back, not sure what the hell was going on. I stood so awkwardly in a corner, while a bunch of men were getting beat up by a lady.

"And you wonder—piss off!"
She cursed, shielding off a spear thrown her way with the armour on her lower arms.
"You wonder why Thor believes you require protection?"

I bawled my fists.
"I don't know, it's not like I expected the guards to attack us!"

The woman let out a humourless laugh, unimpressed. Her elbow hit a man straight in the face, and she stepped forward to punch another with her weapon.
"Always expect the unexpected. That's what makes a warrior strong."

"I'm not a warrior!"
I yelled, watching her continue to beat up anyone who came close.

"Then you must pretend until you become one—watch it!"

One of the guards had made his way towards me, turning his spear around in his hand. He almost seemed to be enjoying this.

"Sif!"
I called for her, knowing she had her hands full.

I looked around me. There was nothing to defend myself with; but that didn't mean there was nowhere to run to.

I hastily turned around, making my way to the middle of the hall, where a long beam rested on the ground. A body was slumped against it. Trying not to think too much about it, I used his shoulder to plant my foot on and to pushed myself up, pulling further until I stood. The guard that had rushed after me was now standing in front of me, his head reaching my feet.

This time, I ran to my right and noticed a rope. My eyes followed it.

And I felt a grin appear on my face.

"By Odin—what are you doing?!"
Sif finally noticed me.

"Your sword!"

"What?!"

"Just throw it!"

Her eyes beamed with mistrust, but for some reason she chose to do as I said. She pushed a man off of her, using that single second to launch the sword towards me. The hilt, thrown perfectly straight for me to grab, flew by my face before I could react. I reached out to grab the blade at the very last moment, pulling it back.

"Step back, Sif. Now!"

I took my chance.

And a large, golden chandelier came crashing down on the crowd of guards.

I pressed my hands agains my ears to block out the noise of glass, iron and bodies hitting the floor. I saw Sif finish off the last men, and let go of my head.

"You don't get it."
I huffed when she was done.
"I'm not special or brave like you. Those abilities? They're a curse. They don't make me a warrior. Nothing does."

She just shook her head.
"Settle down, sunshine."

I let my body slide down, my feet hitting the shards of glass on the floor. My breathing was irregular, and my knees were shaking: but I stood my ground, following Sif away from the hall.

"We must leave to see Heimdall this instant. I fear we might be running out of time."
She motioned with her head, grabbing the sword she threw at me from the floor and colliding it with it's other half, forming a longer weapon. She placed it on her back, giving me an odd look.

"I'm fine."
I waved my hand at her.
"Take the lead."

And she did, giving me one last chance to look back at the scene I was leaving behind. Then I rushed after her, with barely any strength left in my legs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1M 55.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
320K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
908K 41.5K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...