Double Dose (Part 9)

By nikkihershell

Mizery Butini, the daughter of the stunning yet deadly Mirimosa Harper and the notoriously insane Cole Butini... More

Day's Gone By
My Name Is Mizery, Mizery Is My Name
Welcome To Vegas
Breaking And Entering
The Harper Girl
Climbing The Wall's
Tangled Up In Multiple Knots
Not My Trap
Justice Or Betrayal
Makeover, Move Over
Like A Theif
Attempted Murder
Plans Blown
A Glimpse Inside
Meet Cole Butini
King Of Kings
Mizery Loves Company
Marietta
Affliction
Sisterly Love
The Devil Don't Like Waiting
Incomplete Healing
In The Raw
Deep End
Coming Clean
The Truth Set Her Free
The Truth Set Him Free
All For Nothing
Untrust The Truth
Family Time
The Queens March
Vibrations
Shattered
Worn Out Welcome
Into The Spiral
Removal
Hard Time's
I'm Just Going To Leave This Here
SHE SAID NO
Too much Too Soon
Not My Circus
Uneven Break
Disassemble And Assassinate
It's Me Again
Etched In Sand
Ultimate Betrayal
The Kings Unite
He'll Come For Me
Not In The Card's
Understanding
Broken Alliance's
Thirty-Seven Floors
Crazy Runs Deep
Rekindled
What????
Coming Back
New Me, Same You
Newlyweds
Two Can Play
Veronica
And Mizery Rained Down
Stone Cold
Proud Moment!!
Surrender
Intuition
Fuck With Me
Breathless
catch up
Luck Of The Irish
Beer Goggles
The Truth Will Set You Free
what's up
Uncut Miz
Wicked Little Me
Living With Your Mistake
slow down
Prove Your Worth
So, So Sticky
Playing With Fire
Spreading My Wing's
And Boom
Wedding Bell's
Illusions
Gotta Have Fun
Burn
He Chose The Wrong One
Bits And Pieces
Redemption
Well, well, well
The Forgotten
its up!!

Brushes Of Life

3K 293 186
By nikkihershell

Hello lovelies!!

Yea, it's been a few day's since I last updated but I've been up to some major thing's that include the Harper series!!! I hope I haven't kept you waiting tooo long😂 I know everyone is wondering what Aiden is up to and if Mizery and Seam have made it out of bed yet😂😂

Just a quick announcement.... My book Awakening has reached the one million mark!!! Such a major milestone and I'm glad you all are here to share it with me!! Big thanks!!!

Now, get your popcorn, wine, tissues and whatever vices you may need cause this chap is going to have your emotions everywhere! Enjoy!!

Love is a funny thing. You might think you are fine, that you've moved on. Then it happens..... You see him and all those old feelings, old emotions and buried pain resurfaces......

A small smile tilted the corners of my mouth as I felt this light, ticklish sensation running up my rib cage. Not able to withstand the fluttery feeling any longer, I turned over toward Sean without opening my eye's and said in a sleep fogged voice. "Sleep. I need more sleep and then later we can pick up where we left off".

I heard Seam's deep, rumbling chuckle as he stopped his ticklish assault and pulled me close to his chest. "Sleep my lucky charm but I will uphold you to you're promise" .

"Mmm". I agreed and nuzzled my face into his chest as I immediately begun to doze back off.

" Yes, by all means continue to sleep. I'll be more than glad to wait ". An all too familiar voice echoed off of the wall's.

Gripping the sheet snuggly around my naked body I sat up sharply. The sleep daze lifted and I reached for my clothing as Seam did the same. Feeling all through my clothing, I came up empty handed and guessing by the mumbled slurrs Seam had the same dilemma. A lamp flickered on from across the room illuminating the devil himself. Wearing a satisfied smirk, Aiden dangled Seam's gun from his fingers before dropping it on the floor by him along with every weapon we had possessed. "Looking for something?" Aiden asked.

Sleep now the last thing on my mind, my anger surfaced. "Just what in the hell are you doing Marritta?"

Grinning, he replied. "Putting a stop to this...." He paused to swirl his finger at Seam and I . "This whatever it is".

" This is none of your business Aiden. You're breaking the treaty just by being here". I reminded him.

Shrugging his shoulders he spoke. "You are mine or have you forgotten?"

Standing up pulling the sheet along with me to cover my nakedness, I rushed toward him. "You lost me. I was no longer yours the moment you turned you're back on me and married another. Go home to your wife and I won't tell anyone that you broke the treaty".

" Hold up a minute ". Seam's voice chimed in. "You told me that you didn't know the Marritta's Mizery?"

Aiden laughed. "Seems your lucky charm lied. She knows me very well isn't that right wildflower?"

Looking back toward Seam, I have him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry Seam. At the time I thought it was best to not tell you. I stupidly dated this assbag but not for long. It's been over."

Turning my attention back to Aiden, I asked with a glare. "Why are you here?"

" I told you. I've came to collect what is mine. Leave quietly Mizery and I'll let your leprechaun live".

"And they say I'm the delusional one. We are no longer together. You're fucking married to my enemy. Leave." I warned.

At this point Seam tried to make a move for his gun but Aiden was quicker. Training his gun on Seam, he growled. "Don't try to be a hero O'Malley. You will not survive. You will join your father. I must admit it was pleasurable putting a bullet between your father's eye's. Don't be next".

Anger ripped through Seam and he inched closer ignoring Aiden's gun. "You will die Marritta. You will die".

Aiden laughed. "Does Mizery know what your father was, what he did to us all. He sold out to the police then was attempting to bring us all down. They must have offered him a nice plea bargain for him to turn to their side? How much was it? Oh, may be it was just guaranteeing him his freedom. I mean no one wants to spend their life behind bars right? Truth is he deserved to die, he deserved prison. You see Mizery, Seam's father had a sickening little fetish. Making millions off of drugs and weapons wasn't enough. He enjoyed kidnapping random women and doing the most atrocious acts on them before killing them. The cop's caught up to him and when they realized the connections and information he contained, they cut him a massive deal..... His freedom for a list of name's and Intel on every large organization including your family as well. We discovered this and ended him to keep us all safe. Did you also know that he became an undercover cop so he could help bust us? But here's the kicker.... Seam's a cop as well".

My blood froze as I slowly turned to look at Seam. "Is this true?" I whispered .

"He's a fucking lie. My father never committed all of those murders. The cop's pinned it on him to force him to squeal. He got in too deep". Seam roared.

Shaking my head, I screamed. "Answer the damn question Seam. Are you a cop?"

" Mizery". Seam whispered.

Aiden tossed me his opened wallet. Sure enough a shiny badge stared back at me. "You lied to me. What did you want from me?"

" Please Mizery believe me. I never had any bad intentions toward you or anyone here. I told you the truth when I said I'm only here to find my father's killer. That's all I want and now I have it".

I was mad. Mad that Seam lied but madder that Aiden revealed the ugly truth. Moving fast, I sailed up one of my knives and pressed it to Aiden's throat. "Was it not enough that you hurt me by leaving but that you had to ruin my next chance at happiness. Should I kill you to make sure you never interfere with my life again?"

" Do it Mizery. Kill him". Seam chanted.

Tears sprang to my eye's as I pressed the blade into Aiden's skin. Blood begin to seep down his neck and pool around his collar as tears looked on my cheek. "Arrrragh". I screamed in a rage and slammed the knife into the wall behind his head. "I hate you so bad but I still can't kill you. Return to Vegas immediately. Seam walk out now and I will follow".

I waited until Seam left and I slowly backed away from Aiden until I was out the door.

Upon returning home, I wore a mask to cover up the hurt and confusion on my face. Now wasn't the time to reveal that Aiden was here and the truth about Seam. Managing my voices was becoming extra hard but I had to do it. I couldn't crash now. I could only imagine how Pape would react at finding out that I had foolishly slept with a cop. Strange thing is that I still believed Seam and wanted to be with him. After some long thought, I picked up my phone. "Hello".

" meet me at Stanton Island tomorrow morning ". That was all I said before hanging up.

After a sleepless night, I secretly drove to the meeting location. I didn't even know if he would show up but I had so many questions that I needed answers to. As I walked around the corner there he stood. I stopped for a moment just to take him in. He was so tall and his suit for to perfection. As I came closer he tore his gaze from the water and trained his stare on me. I came to a stop about three feet in front of him. "Why did you come here. No lies, only truths" .

Taking a deep breath he spoke. "I got wind that Seam was here so I had him followed. When I discovered you two together it did something me. I can't describe but I know it hurt. I want you back Miz. I was wrong for running and I sewer I'd never do anything to hurt you again. Ever".

Ignoring his admission I went on. "Was I that bad Aiden... To make you leave me? Marry my enemy?"

Aiden grabbed my hands and I allowed it. "It wasn't you Miz. It was me. All those time's you hung me out to dry, chose your family over me, it fucking hurt. Damn, it hurt so bad. I wanted you to believe in me, trust me. But most importantly I wanted you to need me like you needed your Pape. I wanted you to run to me and let me ease your episode's. I wanted to be wanted by you. Every time your Pape would shove me aside insisting I didn't know how to take care of you. Then you and the other family would back him up. I was on my own fighting a losing battle. I was pushed away by you and that hurt so bad baby. Each time I lost a piece of my heart. I kept telling myself that it would change, that you could depend on me". He stopped as emotion and tears shook him.

I swiped my own tears away because I knew that he was right. I did push him away multiple time's, turned him away, distrusted him. "I hate that you make me cry. No one can make me cry but you can and I can't understand why". I sniffed.

Aiden pulled me to him and it felt like home. We held each other for a few minutes in silence before Aiden spoke. "I don't love Hazel, I never did. I had this dumb notion that I could forget you if I moved on. I know now that you was telling the truth about Hazel and I wish every second of the day that I had listened to you. It's such a mess Mizery. I was ready to hand her over to you then she announces that she's pregnant" .

I gasped and moved away from him. Instantly my hand went to my stomach as I recalled how I was robbed of my baby. Now Aiden is having a child with someone other than me. "It sounds bad Mizery. I always thought that my babies would be by you and now.... Knowing what Hazel did I can't even be excited about this child but I have to do right by it".

Swallowing my tears, I spoke. "And what of her?"

" I don't know. I can't kill her while she's carrying my child and afterwards.... "

"She must die Aiden. She is an enemy to us all". I snarled.

" I know this Mizery but currently my hands are tied. After my child is born I will figure something out. In the meantime do you think that there is any chance for us? "

I stood like stone thinking about what he just asked. I loved him, I can't deny it. I'll always love him but there's too much bad between us. To much regret, sadness and hurt. I want nothing more than to be with him but it's too risky. I found myself saying. "I can't Aiden. I love you so much but I can't. Some hurts don't heal and I would live in fear wondering if you'd leave me again. And now... Now you have a child by my enemy and I don't think I can handle that. We would be setting ourselves up for failure. The best thing for us both is to move on and forget... Heal. I'm going to figure out what this thing is with Seam and see where it goes and I think you should do the same".

My insides cramped from where my heart was hurting so bad. Why did it have to be this way for us? "You do realize he will come after me now to kill me?"

I nodded. "I do".

" And you're okay with that? "

"No but that's between you and him. It's business at the end of the day".

" And if I kill him, will you hate me? "

"Aiden, please don't say that".

" And if he kills me Mizery? "

I remained quiet not wanting to answer that when I'm fact it terrified me. "So this is it?" Aiden asked.

" It has to be Aiden".

Aiden nodded his head slowly and said in a tear filled voice. "I love you Miz, God how I love you and because of that I'll set you free. I won't bother you again but know this. Even if we are apart you will always be mine in my heart. No one can take your place".

Before I could speak Aiden brushed by me and walked away. I slowly turned and watched his back become smaller and smaller until it was no more. I knew I had seen him for the last time.

And love is the greatest torture of all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 2.8K 25
Eighteen-year old Marianna Rodriguez is distraught by the abrupt news from her father. Her father lost touch to reality years ago when he plummeted i...
1M 29.7K 44
Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" β€’1st place General Fiction in Star Dazzle Awards β€’Best Plot Tw...
7.6K 114 14
Belle is a bratty 20 year old to a rich lawyer in Miami who only served A list celebrities. He was a sweet father who only wanted to give his daughte...
113K 2.8K 30
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...