Tender Care

By tayiah18

in which a 17 year old girl encounters her favorite band, and realizes how much they want her. |OneDirection... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-three
Sixty-four
Sixty-five
Sixty-six

Twenty-eight

18.1K 292 80
By tayiah18

"Of course"

Ben rolled his eyes as he leaned back on the leather couch.

He continued scrolling through his messages not understanding.

Once again another chance of him trying to hang out with Marcus failed.

The same 'no i"m tired' texts or 'im good' but they always contradict when Ben will see snapchats of other crew members going out with Marcus the same night.

The past two months on tour, Ben has felt almost embarrassed. The reason for that is, he doesn't really have any friends on this tour.

He's friendly with a lot of the crew and they're friendly back but it's just acquaintances.

Even with the band, but at the same time, they're singers and are constantly working. Plus they have their own baby on their hands.

Ben doesn't need to bother them, they're already exhausted and busy as is.

However, he does realize his job is drastically different from his co-workers. Most of the men here work on the lighting, the stage set up, technical problems, security,

But he's Nova's babysitter.

Which he wouldn't change at all because he loves taking care of her and finds Nova adorable.

He just feels since a lot of the workers are in their thirties and above, having Marcus who's in his early twenties too was better.

Although, not anymore since all he does now is try to avoid or ignore Ben.

Ben doesn't know what he did wrong the past couple months, did he offend him in any way?

Twenty minutes later, Ben's thoughts got halted as he heard the key card noise and then the door opening.

He just now realized he was still in Zayn and Niall's hotel suite.

"Hey Ben" Zayn whispered, entering the very quiet hotel room.

He walked in with Niall behind him and both had their duffle bags in hand, ready to settle down for the night.

"Hey guys, how was the show? We didn't really get to see it" Ben asked, referring to himself and Nova.

Ben then stood up, sliding his phone into his back pocket, and stuffing his hands in his jacket.

"It was good, the energy was good and very loud. Where's Nova? You guys kind of left early"?

Niall questioned, glancing around the suite's living room, not seeing her.

"Well she was really tired, that's actually why we left to go back to the hotel. I tried to keep her awake but she kept falling asleep on me every minute"

Ben chuckled, shaking his head at the memory.

"I put her down in one of the beds two hours ago. She wasn't up for playing or anything, just sleeping" Ben shrugged pointing to the closed bedroom door.

"Hm, we let her have a long nap before we even got to the arena. I thought she'd still be up" Niall shrugged.

"Yeah it was weird, she was really out of it" Ben responded.

Niall and Zayn just glanced at each other.

"I'll check on her, anyway thanks for bringing her back though. Have a nice night Ben" Zayn smiles before patting his shoulder.

"No problem, and you guys too" Ben responded, grabbing his backpack from the couch and sliding in over his shoulder.

Niall and Ben walked over to the door while Zayn made his way to the closed bedroom door.

Zayn creaked open the door quietly, only seeing darkness in the room. Even though it was night time, the shades were pulled making it darker.

The portable night-light they had for her was on, meaning Ben must of set it up. However, he still couldn't see his baby.

Zayn flickered on the light switch by him, immediately seeing Nova wrapped up in the hotel comforter.

Zayn cooed, walking over to her side of the bed, he pulled a bit of the blanket down to see her face. Her cheeks were squished against the pillow as she slept.

It was the cutest sight to him.

"Sweetheart, can you wake up?" Zayn whispered, moving the hair that fell from her bun out of her face.

He had to nudge her a little bit since she still wasn't getting up.

Zayn did understand how late it was considering the time. However, it was routine for Nova to always wait for her daddies after the show.

She wouldn't go to sleep without them.

"C'mon baby, it's daddy z"

After a few seconds, Nova tiredly opened her eyes, only to shut them again from the unexpected light in the room.

She made a groaning noise as she hid under the covers again.

"Nova don't go back to sleep, hun. Let's just wake up for a bit". Zayn presses, pulling the covers down to her waist.

Nova sighed, finally opening her eyes and taking a look at Zayn for the first time since the show.

She noticed him smiling as she stared at him.

"Cold" Nova mumbled, shaking her head.

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows, taking a look at her attire.

He didn't understand why she was cold since she was wearing her typical fuzzy pj's, with socks as well. Nova's usually fine with those.

"Okay, daddy will get you blanket. But can I pick you up, baby? I haven't seen you in a bit" Zayn cooed.

Nova nodded, wanting to be held by him also.

Zayn gently lifted her off from the bed, cuddling her to him. He rubbed patterns on her back, as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"I missed you Nova, my favorite thing is seeing you after a show. You know that, baby?" Zayn grinned, trying to make eye contact.

"Yes" Nova answered, poking his noise ring a couple of times.

She found it interesting.

Zayn laughed, softly pulling her smaller hand away from his nose. He didn't want her to accidentally pull it.

He adjusted Nova more as he sat down on the bed with her in his arms. She sat on his lap, snuggling into his chest.

"Why were you so tired today, bubs?" Zayn asked, pulling her closer to him.

"Jus' tired... and cold" Nova mumbled, sighing.

"I know and I'm gonna get you warmed up, hun. But are you feeling okay? you were sleepy yesterday too"

Nova shrugged, not really knowing how she felt. She wasn't terrible but wasn't feeling great either.

Zayn kissed her cheek, but quickly noticed how it was a bit warm. He then placed his palm over her forehead to feel more.

"N-no" Nova pouted, trying to move his hand off her head.

His hand on her skin made Nova feel too warm.. but she still felt cold at same time. It was confusing.

Zayn nodded, moving his hand. He then took a good glance at her to see if she looked unwell.

Her eyes were droopy and a little glassy but he couldn't tell if that was just because she was tired. Zayn didn't want to assume the worse.

"I think we should get a little snack then, you haven't eaten for awhile now. Daddy will make you something" Zayn cooed.

He then stood up with her in his arms, blowing kisses on her face.

"That sound good?"

Nova just stared at him, bringing one of her fingers close to her mouth.

She then slowly nodded.

"Answer with words, baby" Zayn reminded.

He didn't want to lecture her but it's hard communicating with just her expressions. The boys are always working on that with Nova.

"Yes, daddy" Nova whispered, rubbing her eyes.

"Thank you, babe. Let's get your blanket and then a snack" Zayn offered.

"No hungry no more" Nova sighed, pushing the plate from her at the table.

"Are you sure, love? You just started eating" Niall frowned, grabbing her plate and pulling it closer to her again.

In total, Zayn gave her 5 carrots and 4 strawberries. That wasn't even a lot and she was still struggling.

She only ate 1 of each.

"Not hungry" Nova pouted, before grabbing her sippy cup of milk and sipping some of it.

"How about you eat 3 more carrots and 2 more strawberries?" Niall asked, picking up a carrot and bringing it to her mouth.

"I okay" Nova answered, politely. She then moved her face from the carrot.

The two sat at the small kitchen table that was in their suite. The time was nearing 11 pm, and Niall was struggling to feed her.

Zayn left to go hop in the shower which left the job for Niall to handle.

"Is something wrong?" Niall asked, confused. She was always up for a snack so he didn't understand why she wasn't now.

"Tummy hurts" Nova admitted, playing with the mermaid blanket that spread on her lap.

"Your tummy hurts? Is that why you're not eating baby?" Niall asked, pulling her chair closer to his.

"Yes" Nova nodded, sipping her milk and looking up at Niall.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't know" Niall said, frowning. He felt bad.

Nova laid her head on his shoulder as she was close enough to him.

"Does your tummy hurt really bad, Novie?" Niall asked, making sure.

"No"

Nova truthfully answered, it wasn't too bad, just bothering her from eating.

"Okay then, well I'm going to get you to bed now, love. I can tell you're really tired. You still want your milk for sleepy time?"

Niall asked, standing up from his chair. He then picked up Nova holding her with the blanket.

"Yes please" Nova nodded.

Niall smiled, handing her the pink cup.

He kissed her forehead a couple of times, before walking off to the bedroom with Nova in his arms.

"Let's just go night night, Novie. Hopefully that will make you feel better. Maybe your tummy just had a bad day"

Hey guys, can't believe I'm finally back writing exactly a year later. All I can say is I'm embarrassed and sorry for those who were looking forward to this book.

To be honest, I guess the reason I stopped was because I was getting unmotivated and stressed from writer's block.

However, I am back to finally finish this book. This month, I've even been pre writing chapters so I'm on top of it and ready to get this story done for you guys. Anyways, thank you to those who still love and appreciate this book. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 10.4K 140
Requests are open :) Preferences written by xLexiGurlx
200K 3.1K 80
Niall is suddenly stressed from touring and being in a band, the boys notice, so they come up with a plan to help Niall out. (Yes, Zayn will be in th...
13.6K 155 38