Stranger Things Season 3

By ChristmasLightThings

AN ALTERNATIVE ST STORY- Jam-pack full of fun, bright and colourful events but remains dark, thrilling and cr... More

Acknowledgements
Cast
What you need to know before returning to Hawkins...
Dedication
~Prologue~
Chapter Two: Independence Day
Chapter Three: Back to School
Chapter Four: Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Chapter Five: The Surprise
Chapter Six: The Dark Room
Chapter Seven: The Dance and the Demodog
Chapter Eight: Camp Sunshine Lake
Chapter Nine: The Traitor
Chapter Ten: The Storm
~Epilogue~
Notes:

Chapter One: El's First Summer

1.2K 11 2
By ChristmasLightThings

Summer is here and it's El's first time celebrating it with her friends. A hot day at the local swimming pool leads to a terrible incident for Will, who is still skeptical about his past trauma and believes the nightmare is not over.

Main Character Outfits

1. Mike- ( a navy blue polo shirt, black shorts/ black swimming shorts with white stars.)

2. Will- ( a dark green shirt, dark blue shorts/ blue and red long sleeve PJ shirt, grey PJ pants/yellow T-shirt, dark blue and red swimming shorts.)

3. Lucas- ( a orange and blue zig-zag shirt, red shorts/blue and white and black and fluro yellow striped swimming shorts/black T-shirt with white wording- NIKE.)

4. Dustin- (a light blue 80's geometric design shirt, iconic hat, green pants/ dark green swimming shorts.)

5. Max- ( a burgundy top, brown shorts/yellow one-piece swimsuit/white shirt.)

6. Jonathan- (a green shirt, black pants/dark blue and white PJ's/ yellow shirt, brown striped swimming shorts.)

7. Nancy- (pink and blue summer PJ's/ purple bikinis and a colourful sarong.)

8. Karen- (dark red pyjamas/ magenta and cyan blue 80's one-piece swimsuit, pearl necklace, colourful 80's sandals, pink and yellow and blue bangles, seashell earrings.)

9. Joyce- ( blue striped pyjamas over a brown woollen dressing gown/ pool hat, hair in a pulled-back ponytail, blue kaftan, brown sunglasses, sandals and a brown and green bag.)

10. Jim -( police chief outfit and watch.)

11. Eleven- (a 4th of July- blue, white and red one-piece swimming suit, Hopper's blue bracelet.)

12. Erica - ( a green swimsuit, pink rash vest.)

13. Billy- (shirtless, dark blue swimming shorts, brown Ray-ban sunglasses/ white singlet.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[🎶Based on characters by the Duffer Brothers and an Netflix original series/ Winona Ryder/David Harbour/ Finn Wolfhard/ Millie Bobby Brown/ Gaten Matarazzo/ Caleb McLaughlin/ Noah Schnapp/ Sadie Sink/ Natalia Dyer/ Charlie Heaton/Joe Keery/ Dacre Montgomery/ Cara Buono/ Priah Ferguson with Julian Morris and Paul Reiser...🎶]

[🎶✨-TOM HOLLAND, JAKE BUSEY, KAI GREENE, LINNEA BERTHELSEN, ANNA JACOBY- HERON, CHRISTIAN CONVERY, JOE CHREST, SUSAN SHALHOUB LARKIN, WILL TUDOR AND ANNISTON & TINSLEY PRICE... ✨🎶]

Meanwhile over in Hawkins, Indiana at the Wheeler household, Mike Wheeler along with his three friends; Lucas Sinclair, Will Byers and Dustin Henderson are playing Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) in the basement. The miscellaneous household lights and lamps around the room create an aureate glow, illuminating off the walls. Mike's old toy dinosaur 'Rory' is displayed on a small dusty shelf and the pillow fort is decorated with different designs in blue, purple, yellow and orange fabric. While they are sitting at a small black squared table, Dustin and Lucas start to list the type of monsters that could be the enemy in their campaign.

[🎶"It's the Slime King I just know it." Dustin said. Lucas disagrees and instead states, "It's not the Slime King. It's likely the Rat King or the Aboleth."

Will frightened by the sound of that last option, stutters and repeats looking at the others worried, "The Abol—Abole-Aboleth!.."

Mike shakes his head confirming a 'no', "You are both wrong!... As Sir Lucas leads the group through the Dark 'Ruins', they look up to see a crumbling tower made of stone...passing through the road, they soon disappear into deep fog and realise their Ranger has taken a wrong turn as the group find themselves now in a maze... they soon hear the sound of footsteps creeping up behind them...."

Dustin groans, "Oh my god Mike, just get to it already, who is the foe?!"

Mike rolls his eyes at Dustin's impatience before continuing, "Ok fine, jeez! It is none other than........ the Mind Flayer!" bellows Mike, before placing down the monster's humanoid squid-like figurine on the board game.

"Oh, Shit. " Dustin exclaims.

The Mind Flayer had been made the perfect decision, in order to celebrate their defeat with the real monster in the previous year. Even though the dreaded name still sends shivers up his spine whenever he hears it 'The Mind Flayer', Will tries to hide his fear the best he can by continuing to be his usual cute, timid self-playing along so he doesn't ruin his friends game. "The Mind Flayer is heading towards the group.." Mike continues and then crosses his arms looking directly across the table at 'someone', "So, what's your action?..."

The someone was none other than Max Mayfield, the only girl there playing D&D. The redhead jokes, "Uh, complain about how stupid he is, like this game." Lucas and Dustin laugh, but Mike is not impressed.

"That's not how it works!"

"Fine, I guess I'll do a backstab attack!"

"That's not even a real thing."

Lucas speaks up confirming that Max must have meant a 'sneak attack' and Max agrees with him quickly, "Yeah, sure, whatever." Mike then tells her she needs to choose a weapon for the fight, Max ends up choosing both a dagger and a sword, which frustrates their Paladin since she is only supposed to pick one weapon as the rules firmly state in 'The Rule Book!' "That's totally against the rules!" However, she sticks by her two weapons ignoring Mike. He rolls his eyes and warns her, she has to roll a 6 or higher to do the following attack. Everyone is eager to see what number the polyhedral dice lands on, it is none other than a 6, Max is victorious! After stabbing the Mind Flayer, Lucas then tries to cut off one of the creature's tentacles with an axe but fails.

"Lucas, no offence but you suck at this, like a lot," the Zoomer laughs, before taking rules into her own hands and manages to lead the others through the maze and out of the Ruins, once again without their Dungeon Master's permission.🎶]

Lucas remarks, "I am so glad to have someone as cool as you in the Party, you're awesome at this game, even better than Mike." Dustin just rolls his eyes as Max giggles and Lucas kisses her on the cheek. Mike speaks up after hearing that Max was undeniably better than him at the game because she what cheated?! Mike argues that Max shouldn't even be in the Party if she is just going to keep not playing by the rules! Everyone stops what they are doing and there is an awkward pause... Max is the first to speak thinking Mike is being ridiculous, "Really Wheeler, you are upset just because of some dumb rules..." Mike is hating her ignorance towards their game, "The rules are not dumb!" Max continues in a cheeky tone, "Yeah, I think they are, they suck...."

Mike fights back, "You know what I think, I think there should be a new vote or something where we ALL decide who can be in the Party officially or not- since Dustin and Lucas both want you to join, I don't, neither would El, and Will well..." Will who has been quiet for most of the time speaks up saying that he doesn't want to choose sides. Rage flows through Max like lava, "Holy shit Wheeler!" She exclaims, "That's so dog! If you don't remember, I helped you guys last year, and this is the thanks I get!" Max who is now really pissed off with Mike, grabs her skateboard and storms out leaving!

"And she's Mad-Max again...." Dustin said evidently.

Lucas and Mike then continue to argue over Max. Lucas is furious with how Mike just acted like a complete jerk towards her, "Why do you hate Max so much!" Mike replies brashly, "I don't hate her, it's just that..yes she may have helped us in the last year, but honestly she's ruining everything, like our Party!" Lucas annoyed asks, "What the hell does that mean?!" Mike stubbornly states, "My game, my rules!" He continues arguing that bringing Max here tonight was a bad idea! Dustin then suggests that 'Steve' should be in the 'Party', in which Lucas and Mike both say "No!" Will is in the middle and not exactly jumping for joy to go back and play D&D but thinks it could help break the tension, he politely asks them, "Uh guys, should we get back to the game now?" Lucas has had enough and leaves, "Whatever, game over." Dustin starts to yawn and tells the others he should be heading back home now too since it is late, he then follows closely behind Lucas and the two each ride their bikes home in the dark with only their bright bike headlights guiding them.

Will and Mike are then left there in the basement and start to head up the stairs, "So, what did you think? You know what I'm talking about right Will. To be in the Party it means you have to follow the policies, it makes sense right?" Will tells his best friend, "Actually Mike, you didn't have to put all the blame on Max, she was just trying to play the game."

Will's older brother, Jonathan Byers then comes down the stairwell and kisses Mike's older sister Nancy Wheeler. Will and Mike both stand there and say disgusted in unison, "Gross." Nancy tells them to stop acting so immature, "Oh stop, you two are acting like you are little children." Will says nothing but watches as Mike corrects her in a sassy kind of way, "Actually, we're teenagers now."

The Byers then say goodbye to the Wheelers and head home. After everyone has left, Mike goes over to the house phone and rings up someone? They discuss how excited they are to see each other again tomorrow at the pool. Mike then gets interrupted by Karen Wheeler, who calls out to her son, "Michael, who are you talking to? It's late!" Mike replies shouting back to her, "NO ONE!" Karen then tells him to finish talking to 'no one' and to go to bed after playing games all night.
After his mother leaves, Mike says goodbye to the person on the other end of the phone, "I'll see you tomorrow El...", he waits for her soft reply, "Night Mike." Mike then smiles and turns off the lights before going to bed.

That night Will appears to be in a dark world, reliving a memory when he was thirteen years old in the previous year at the Hawkins Middle school in the Upside Down, the day he encountered the horrifying Mind Flayer chasing him on the field...
He just like last time begins to run and run until his feet can't anymore and he turns around in terror to once again see the massive shadow monster start to loom over and close in on him! He is paralyzed, he couldn't move an inch, feeling tears start to stream down his face! Instead of the monster taking over him like last time, Will is trapped inside a tornado-like appendage and is forced to rewatch a terrifying vision of Bob Newby's gruesome death in the old Hawkins lab, as he is mauled to death by several savage Demodogs! Will had always heard the others talk about what happened to Bob, but it was much scarier seeing it! The 'child' is frightened and can't stop 'crying', he then looks down at his hands and notices blood on them!

Will wakes back up in the real world gasping very loudly, he looks down at his hands and notices that there is blood on them like in his recent nightmare and it soon appears to be dripping down his bedroom walls and onto the carpet floor! Will runs to the bathroom sink, looking at his reflection in the mirror before frantically trying to wash the blood off his hands but it isn't coming off! Joyce Byers, wraps her dressing gown around her waist and then gets alarmed by her son asking him, "What's wrong baby?" Will starts to break down and cry apologising for the blood everywhere!
Jonathan soon gets woken up by hearing his younger brother's distress and both he and Joyce are confused and afraid because they don't see any of the blood Will keeps talking about?
"Wha- what blood honey, there's no blood there?" They bring Will back to his bedroom and try to calm him down. Will feels incredibly guilty for Bob Newby's death that happened in the previous year and he blames himself, that if he was never overtaken by the Mind Flayer, Bob might still be alive, but his mother keeps telling him, "No, no sweetie listen to me, alright what happened to Bob wasn't your fault ok?"Joyce also tells him that Jonathan and she still have nightmares about Bob as well. Even though his family are trying to support him, Will still thinks this nightmare was different. He then cries on his mother's shoulders and she comforts her son, helping him get back to sleep, by stroking the boy's hair soothingly, watching his eyes fall slowly shut from the repetitive motion, before looking concerned at Jonathan!

The next day, Hawkins is getting set up for Independence Day, a massive banner is hung up in the middle of the main town reading-

'4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION!'

At the Hawkins Police station, Jim Hopper (with a moustache, not a beard) enters telling Florence, his work assistant who is wearing a vintage purple floral top and black knee-length skirt, how his deputies Powell and Callahan are taking the summer off as a vacation and jokes that they're going to Hawaii. He then meets Bruce Wilson; a man with bleach blonde hair, dressed in a white and green gingham shirt, black pants and finished with some shiny polished black shoes. The man is soon known to be a highly interested reporter of The Hawkins Post, wanting to know why the Hawkins National Lab had to really be shut down in the previous year? Hopper tries to lie and not reveal too much to the new 'suss' guy telling the man that he can't help him. Hopper pulls out a cigarette and before he can smoke, Flo informs him, "It's 10:00 chief!" Hopper then excuses himself from Bruce, placing the cigarette in his mouth and saying he has somewhere important to be right now. Bruce continues trying to pry Hopper to explain about the dark secrets in Hawkins Lab, he finds it 'strange' how a powerful Lab could just be shut down over some random mysterious deaths? "Don't you find that a little bit... peculiar in any way?" Regarding Bruce's question about the lab, Hopper shakes his head and replies in a nonchalant way, "No." Bruce then continues to follow Hopper, but by the time the Chief gets to his truck, he just tells the other man, "Sorry, I have to go drop my daughter off with her friends."

{🎶At the Hawkins Community Pool; it is a bright sunny hot summer's day as families are having fun, chilling outside and in the pool. A young boy named Adam Fisher is wearing some colourful Hawaiian flower print shorts and jumps off the low diving board. Heaps of people splash around and frolic in the pool. Red, yellow and blue beach balls are thrown around. A blond female lifeguard with bright red lips is wearing a red lifeguard swimming suit, a red & white sun visor hat- HAWKINS POOL and a personalised belt bag with the name ERIN on it. She grabs a red megaphone and shouts at some kids mucking around in the water, "Oi, No Dunking!" She puts sunscreen on her arms and hops down the ladder and patrols the pool by walking around in a sexy strut and three boys admire her figure. She then catches up with her lady friends and they then walk through the pool locker rooms off the pool area.

Another young lifeguard appears topless, wearing red lifeguard shorts- LIFEGUARD HAWKINS POOL, with a whistle around his neck and climbs up a white lifeguard chair taking over. Some teenage girls are seen talking and walking around the pool, just as the Byers are last to arrive in their car at the newly opened Community Pool.

The kids then meet up together and Lucas puts his hands on his hips, nodding impressed with the new place, "Totally Tubular." Joyce being overprotective of Will reminds him to put sunscreen on so he doesn't get sunburnt. Will feels embarrassed and then a voice speaks up, "Wow, your mom is super overprotective of you." Mike notices that Lucas brought Max with them, "You brought HER. She wasn't even invited!" Lucas then snaps back, "Of Course I brought Max, she is our friend.. and my girlfriend!" Dustin annoyed, rubs his face, "Stop fighting you guys, seriously, it's summer for crying out loud!"

Max then confidently tells Mike that Lucas told her all about their little 'pool day', "Lucas told me all about the little pool day you guys were going to have..." and how El was coming back after she hasn't seen them in seven no eight months. She then asks impatiently, "So where is El?" Mike states biting down on his lip, "She'll be here soon." Max doesn't think she will bother to come at all and the two start to fight again, Mike fights with Max, "El is not stupid!"Dustin manages to change the subject by telling his friends, "Last one in is a loser!" The boys all take off their tops while Max jumps in first, then Mike pencil dives in, Lucas and Dustin race each other and do a cannonball splash! Dustin tells Max, "I'll beat you next time." Max just laughs, "Whatever, you say."🎶]

Poor Will is left behind and self-conscious about his painful mark on his hip which is now a burnt scar, he gets a brief horrible flashback....in the previous year when Mike's older sister had no other choice but to stab a hot iron poker stick into him! He was tied down so he couldn't stop the pain searing through him, even if he wanted to, which he remembers was excruciating! Every hot piece of the metal singed deep into his skin as hot as a blazing fire, but on the bright side, the burning heat finally allowed the horrifying shadow monster, the Mind Flayer to flee from his body.

The sun blasts, bringing him back to reality as he puts his hand up in front of his face trying to block out the beaming hot sun rays.
In the end, he is the last one in the pool and claimed to be the 'loser' jokingly. The kids splash around in the Pool before Max suggests playing a fun game like Marco Polo since that's what she use to play in California. Will is made the 'Marco' and the others are 'Polo'. While playing the game, Dustin gets irritated with Lucas and Max's romantic relationship and hops out of the pool to go and grab his one true love, food or in this case hot chips in a paper cup.

Dustin sits up on a red stool at the Snack Bar eating his food alone. He curiously watches one of the local lifeguards sit up in a high lifeguard chair watching the action going on. The lifeguard stops to blow his silver whistle and shouts at Adam to stop running on the concrete, "Hey! No running!" The young child then walks. Dustin wonders if he could do that too, I wonder if I could be a lifeguard too, just like him? Dustin then finishes his last chip and gets up to go over and speak to the lifeguard. Garret explains to the curious boy that it's a really good job saving people, "The best thing about my job kid, is saving people." Dustin thinks he can get a girlfriend from being a lifeguard, the new brunette laughs 'maybe' and explains that it takes a lot of responsibility and fitness to become a great Lifeguard. Dustin confirms that he is very responsible because he has taken care of a 'strange' pet before. Garret laughs before saying, "Like what? A lizard?"

Will calls out "Marco!" and the others Mike, Max and Lucas yell back "Polo!" while Mike is also busy keeping an eye out for El to walk through that pool gate any minute.
Garret discusses with Dustin how he loves his job, but wishes he had someone to share it with, he's looking for a girlfriend too. He is 19 and has never had a girlfriend. The young teen then takes off his sunglasses, noticing a beautiful woman with an 80's perm hairstyle, walking in the sunshine- Nancy Wheeler, but Dustin tells him, unfortunately, she is unavailable.

Nancy walks over to Jonathan and hugs the back of his shoulders, they talk for a while, Jonathan explains how he now works as a photographer and has to take photos over the Summer Break for his new boss and for the Hawkins Post Newspaper. He explains that, "It is going to be different, you know with the whole new colour photography thing now introduced, but I think it's going to be a great experience, I'm ready for the challenge." They share a sweet kiss.

Will then appears to be swimming further and further away from the others to the deeper end of the pool and even though his eyes are closed, he felt his hands just touch something slimy in the pool along the tiled wall, it must be just moss? he thought, then all of a sudden when he goes to yell "Marc-".... *PLOP* He is forced underwater, closing his eyes and soon opens them to find himself stuck once again back in the dark underworld known as the Upside Down, but this time he appears to be in a green murky water version of the Community Pool! He begins to swim around but can't see anything that looks familiar, it's all too dark? He then hears a loud growling noise and begins to try and swim away!

At the same time in the real world, Will's body is just floating in the water and Mike cries out for help in the pool, "Will!, Will!, HELP!" Garret excuses himself from Dustin, "Well, that's my duty." He dives in and rescues 'what appears to be a drowning Will', "Hey it's alright, I've got you, I've got you." Joyce rushes over and says, "Oh my God, he's not breathing! Somebody! Anybody, do SOMETHING!" Garret shares a moment with Will Byers doing CPR chest compressions on him but nothing is working, the boy is still out soaked and unconscious! Joyce panics when her son isn't waking back up again, placing a shaky hand over her mouth extremely nervous! Mike takes his anger out on Max, "It was your fault for suggesting the stupid game in the first place!" Max offended snaps back, "Me?, I was just trying to have some fun!"

Hopper and El finally arrive at the pool and she is wearing a cute '4th of July one-piece swimsuit' that Hopper must have bought for her just recently on sale. Mike runs over and hugs her straight away, "It's so good to see you again El!" El smiles, her hair now reaches her shoulders and is in waves. She brushes a strand of hair behind her ear, "It's good to see you too Mike." The boy then takes them over to where Will is and they see that he is in an unresponsive state once again. Joyce is glad to see the young telekinetic girl again, "Oh hi sweetie." Joyce as well as everyone else, are worried that Will isn't waking back up and the lifeguard thinks he should be taken to the Ambulance, he gulps, "This is bad, like really bad, he's not waking back up, I think we need serious help like an ambulance uh, yeah." Will at the same time in the Upside Down is trying to swim up to the surface in the abyss of darkness, seeing a tiny bit of light up there, before a massive black shadow hovers above him, which he assumes is the Mind Flayer... and then everything went black...

Hopper suggests for Joyce to take him over to see Dr. Owens at the Hawkins General Hospital building in town since the old Lab is closed down. Will's body feels more cold than usual so Joyce wraps him up in a red and white patterned towel to keep him warm. Hopper tells her he would've gone with her but he needs to stay behind with El instead. Joyce understands and reassures her eldest son to also stay behind and take the photos he needs, she'll make sure Will gets better and after what the two witnessed last night, she hopes 'they' can help him. Everyone looks concerned and worried for the poor boy as Joyce leaves, carrying him. Nancy offers to take Jonathan over to get some food at the Snack Bar while El reunites with her friends and Max.

While the boys go and grab pool floaties for them to play on, the girls catch up after not seeing each other for eight months. Max says a small sarcastic, "Hi," and El doesn't seem to respond. Her icy blue eyes stare at the other girl's deep mahogany ones. Max then tries to explain to the other girl, "Ok, whatever you thought was going on last year, was obviously wrong because I'm in their Party now." The wind blows her short caramel locks out of her face and El annoyed asks, "Why?" Max confused replies, "um..because I'm their friend too." El then uses her psychic powers to splash water on Max which infuriates the redhead and causes her to leave, "Screw this, I'm going home!"

Joyce arrives at the Hospital with Will, who is back, heavy breathing and is confused about why he is in the car and has a towel on him? She explains that she decided to take him to the Hospital. Will tells his Mum, "I saw HIM again."

He then goes in with his mother to see Dr. Owens for an appointment regarding his scary experiences he has been through since last night and today. Joyce asks for Dr. Owens but a new charming British doctor, who looked around in his early thirties, wearing a white coat and stethoscope around his neck, comes out telling them that Dr. Owens isn't there today, but the new doctor Dr. Joshua Aaron wouldn't mind helping them and shakes their hands, "I'm Dr. Josh Aaron, but you can just call me Dr. Aaron." Joyce is hesitant knowing Dr. Owens is the only one aware of exactly what Will had gone through last year, but Will convinces his Mum to give the new doctor a try. Joyce goes with them into the patient room, she says 'it's complicated'. The new Doctor seems nice trying to make them comfortable, promising all of their information in the room will be confidential and does a few tests before asking, "What appears to be the problem?" Joyce starts to explain how Will was fine and that he was just swimming at the pool with his friends and then it was like he got pulled underwater or something and couldn't open his eyes back up? The woman struggles to explain anything more. He then asks if Will could explain what happened? Will struggles to explain it as well, the doctor then tries something else.

He asks Will to sit in a chair, setting up an electronic box of sorts and then straps the boy to the machine. The doctor begins his test by asking him bizarre questions like his name, which Will answers truthfully, "William Byers", the doctor chuckles saying his name 'Will' would've been just fine. Every now and then, Will feels a strong pain in his head if he doesn't answer the question honestly. Joyce is concerned with what the doctor is doing? He replies in his charming British accent, "It's completely safe and best for Will to talk about his problems out loud." He tells Joyce that he is a psychiatrist and that the process works like a human lie detector, if it senses a lie, it will shock the person. Will then tells Dr. Aaron about the monster, "I heard this noise...it was everywhere, when I closed my eyes, it's like I could still see him... the Mind Flayer." The doctor is confused and tells the boy it is impossible for him to see a monster? Joyce lies that Will has been having nightmares about a monster from his book. Dr. Aaron then a little bit intrigued tells Will, "Tell me everything." Will coerced because of the machine, starts to explain about the nightmarish world and how he saw blood on his hands from Bob's death the other night. Joyce worries that her son sounds insane as the doctor only gets more confused and concerned? He asks his mother if she saw this blood, "Did you see any blood Mrs Byers?" Joyce admits, "Well, No." Will soon begins to scream and contort feeling tortured by the doctor's electroshock therapy machine!

Karen while reading her favourite novel, Heart of Thunder starts to get annoyed with her husband Ted and his 'lazy behaviour' as he just lies back on the lounge chair wearing a grey shirt and brown pants before going to sleep. She sighs, slaps her book down and then takes their youngest daughter Holly Wheeler to the shallow end of the pool. Holly is wearing a CUTE pink and white swimsuit with a unicorn rash vest over the top. Karen then hears one of her friends- Amanda say, "Oh my God, Karen Wheeler is that you? Hon come sit with us." She goes over to chill with her friends, while Holly continues to play in the pool. Karen relaxes on one of the pool lounge chairs next to 'the pool mums' as they were nicknamed. One is named Liz and she is reading a magazine, the other one is Winnie tanning in the sun and Amanda is sipping a can of New Coke, her bright fuchsia lipstick even smudges on the straw, she has a wide grin on her face, before flicking her long brown ponytail behind her and then sits back, ogling at a particular hot guy...

[🎶The ladies then all notice Billy Hargrove slowly walking towards their way from a distance. Winnie tilts her sunglasses down and says, "Who is this tall drink of water coming our way ladies?" Billy walks in slow motion and Karen notices him, biting down on her lip. As Billy turns his head back from looking over to the other side of the pool, he continues walking, huffing out and a couple of girls giggle behind him checking out his ass. Billy finds the small pathetic Community Pool to be 'shit like everything else in this town'. Karen sits up straight and flicks her bouncy hair behind her shoulders. Billy comes down the ladies way and checks in on them tilting his sunglasses, "Ladies." Karen says in a very seductive and flirtatious tone, "Hi, Billy," while clutching the back of her lounge chair with her red nails. Billy tells her, "Digging the new look, Mrs Wheeler." Karen is flattered by his kind comment, "Thank you." Billy then tilts his glasses back on his face and heads off, Karen only stares back at him sensually...🎶]

Lucas can't seem to find Max anywhere and annoyed asks Mike? Mike doesn't care and the two start to argue again! Hopper breaks up a fight between the kids because he has a headache "Hey! One at a damn time!" El reveals to Lucas that Max went home, "She's gone home". Lucas then leaves to find his girlfriend before bumping into Erica, his younger sassy sister who yells out to Lucas while she is sitting on the edge of the pool with her friends, "Nerd!" Lucas just tells his sister to "Shut Up!" Erica tells him, "No, you shut up!" El confused asks Dustin, "Why are they yelling at each other?" Erica then notices the new girl and asks in a sassy way, "Who are you?" El replies, "I'm Eleven, Who are you?" Erica is now confused, "What, like the number, that's weird?" Dustin cuts in saying her name is 'Jane' instead, "Actually it's Jane, we just call her Eleven for a nickname." She then teases Lucas again, "Hey, Lucas what's your number nickname?!" Lucas leaves annoyed and Erica just laughs mockingly.

Nancy asks for her boyfriend to come in for a swim, grabbing his hands, "Listen, I know you're worried about your brother, but come on it's summer, let's go swimming!" Jonathan sipping on his can of New Coke has no interest in going in. Nancy decides to go in by herself and while she is swimming around, someone in the pool with a British accent compliments that she is a good swimmer. Nancy chuckles back to him, "Thank you," Garret then offers to teach her some lessons, "You know I could, uh teach you if you like, freestyle, butterfly, backstroke?"

Dustin comes by, wanting Jonathan to take cool pictures of him splashing into the pool by running and jumping off the low diving board. Jonathan, with a small smile, grabs his camera and agrees to do the shot, telling Dustin to get ready. He then runs and does a massive cannonball jump, "Cannonball!" accidentally splashing both Nancy and Garret! Dustin shouts, "Hey Jonathan, did you get the shot?!" Jonathan laughs and says that he did, capturing Dustin's facial expression perfectly. Jonathan then notices something? He walks closer, to kneel down and zoom in on his camera lens to take a photo of a 'strange' weird green slimy thing in the deep end of the pool?

Will is in a very deep mindset, Dr. Aaron is recording his monitoring and Joyce is confused and slightly anxious about what's going to happen to him now? The doctor explains that his brain is slowing back down to normal after his recent disturbing outburst has stopped? Joyce wants to know when Will will wake back up?! Then all of a sudden Will starts to scream out louder in agony causing the lights in the office to flicker on and off frantically! Joyce just yells at Aaron to "Stop it!, Stop!, Stop!" Aaron says he can't since Will is still under the influence of the machine.

Lucas goes over to Max's house and knocks on the door, no one answers but then he notices a small note on the front porch that says;

Hey Stalker thought you would find me here,

I'm at the Junkyard.

- Mad Max

Standing on the edge, looking deep into the blue water, she has a brief terrible flashback again of her past time in the lab...when she was lowered down into the deep sensory deprivation tank, by Dr. Brenner into a tank of darkness, it was pitch black, she couldn't see in the water. This makes her very hesitant to swim in the pool, but her friends soon help her.
Dustin and Mike plan to help El swim in the pool by using a pink hoop floaty. The two boys each grab one of her arms and drag her along the water telling her to kick her legs, Dustin laughs and says, "Woah, not too hard, just gentle little splashes."

Lucas reaches the Junkyard and sees the girl doing cool tricks on her skateboard, impressed by her awesomeness again. They talk about their recent dilemmas, Max complains negatively, "Every time something bad happens to Will, it ruins everything." She tells the black boy that she feels threatened with El being back, "I don't feel as cool as her." Max and Lucas then realise they haven't had a proper first date yet.

[🎶Max plans to teach Lucas to skateboard on their 'Skate Date'. Lucas pretends to be excited but is actually really nervous. Max finds a rusty blue skateboard and chucks him a black helmet, "For your brain, doofus". Lucas is scared as he tells her, "Max, I'm afraid of falling." Max reassures him, "You won't fall, Stalker, just hold my hand, trust me." Max continues, skating slowly beside him, "See, it's just like riding a bike." Lucas's knees start to wobble and he says, "Except.. you... have handles... to hold... Woah...when riding a bike to stop... you from ahh, falling over Woah, ahhh!" Lucas keeps failing again and again down the grassy hills, but Max keeps trying to help him have better balance. The two eventually have fun and he finally manages to ride a skateboard by himself until he falls down again and they both laugh. Lucas then expresses happily, "Thank you, thank you Max, I don't know what I would do without you!" Max then makes a joke and tells him, "You would keep on falling, that's what."🎶]

After their session, Dr. Aaron diagnoses that he thinks Will suffered from oxygen cutting off his brain in the pool, therefore, causing the delusions that he keeps talking about? The doctor prescribes some medicine pills to help with the sudden nightmares. Dr. Aaron then tells Will in a shady and conspicuous tone, "You should stop reading scary stories if you want the nightmares to stop..." He gives Joyce the medication and tells her to come back if there are any more problems. A frustrated Joyce with Will hurriedly gets out of there straight away.

Dustin, Mike and El continue playing in the pool, Dustin is kicking his legs and floating back on a red lounging pool floaty, while Mike is pushing El around gently on the same pink floaty as before. Hopper starts to suffer from a really strong heat fever as he sweats and starts to get up, before vomiting black sludge onto the hot concrete near the grass! He tells El, " El, It's time to go!" Hopper then almost faints walking out with El, but he shakes it off as just being too hot, "Let's get out of here, the heat is killing me." But it wasn't the heat, something much darker was going on, unaware to the both of them... Hopper and El get into his car, he goes to put the Air Conditioner on but it isn't working, so he slams his hands down on the wheel! El manages to turn on the A/C with her telekinetic powers, he looks at her smiling, "Gee. I wonder why I didn't think of that?" they then drive off home.

Later that afternoon when Max returns to her home, Billy explains his family in more depth to her, "Hey there she is. Max come and have a seat." Max still didn't like Billy but at least she knew a bit more of his backstory better now. In the small lounge room, while he is drinking a can of beer, she sits down on a sofa with her orange skateboard in her lap, "Wait, so you like it here now?" Billy explains that he came from a broken home in California and suffered the death of his mother for a long time.

That night, Will sits at his dining table just staring at Bob's blue brain teaser cube and tells his mother, "Mom, I don't know if what I saw in the pool today... was really the Upside Down or just another hallucination?... I think I did have too much oxygen cut off from almost drowning like the doctor said." Will then takes his prescribed pill washing it down with a glass of cool water. Joyce claims there's only one way they will find out if what Will saw was real or not, and tells him to get a good night's sleep because they will leave to find out first thing in the morning, "Tomorrow is another day."

In his office, in the dark with only one small light left on, Dr. Aaron is revealed to have not kept his promise by keeping it confidential as he now appears to be listening to a secret recording that he had done of the Byers recent session on a tape! He stops the recording midway and gets up out of his seat to go next door and brings out someone else who is strapped to a chair with duct-tape across his mouth -it is Dr. Owens! The British doctor rips off the silver tape and threatens in a much more serious and angry tone to the other man, "I'll give you one last chance, tell me where the girl is, Where is Eleven!?" Dr. Owens wearing a dark green long-sleeved shirt, blue tie over a black jacket and black pants refuses to tell him anything, "I'll never talk!" Dr. Aaron then begins to lose his patience and pulls out a pistol, *BANG!* he shoots a bullet through Dr. Owen's head killing him! He collapses onto the tiled floor and a pool of his blood begins to spread everywhere! The last thing Dr. Owens witnesses is a sinister smirk on the other Doctor's face before finally closing his eyes...

Final Thoughts: Thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my book, it means so much to me, you have no idea! I really wanted to finish my first chapter off with a BANG, pun intended. I wanted Kali's gang to be in my STS3 because they mean a lot to Kali, they're like her only family and friends she has. Therefore most of them got killed off which I am aware is what a lot of people want anyway 😅. Ok so Billy is not a lifeguard in my story, I know it makes sense because he is from California and everything but the Hawkins Pool has hardly anything to do with Billy, besides there is already another lifeguard- Garret. Regarding Billy, he is just at the pool one day likely to show off his abs in front of some girls because he has nothing better to do in his life and just so happened to bump into Karen again. So if you guys remember in S2 when Will was on the school field and having an episode and Joyce was trying to wake him up, this is exactly what happens to him at the Pool, Will does the same cationic thing again and Joyce tries to wake him up but this time he is stuck in the Upside Down's version of the Pool and in strange green water? Lastly, I envision 'Amanda', Karen's friend to be portrayed by my Queen 👑 Ariana Grande. Lol She loves the Tv show and I love her, she's such an amazing strong woman and outstanding singer!

P.S: Who are these new Bad Men who kidnapped Kali and aware of her powers? Is Brenner the 'Boss'?/ What is the 'strange thing' in the pool that Jonathan took a photo of? If you wish to theorise your thoughts based on these last few questions please feel free to comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 442 33
Y/n L/n has lived in Hawkins, Indiana her whole life. But while she's in high school, some strange things begin happening around town, starting with...
26K 444 49
"๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ, ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐š๐ฉ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ณ๐ž. ๐…๐จ๐ซ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ˆ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ...
1K 61 12
it's the summer of 1985. everything is like it always have been. you know, everyone rides around in their bikes, they sneak into the movies, sleep in...