My Major | Jasper Whitlock

kiraalicex द्वारा

Jasper finds his true mate... Emily's little sister. When Nala moves to the res in order to start a new life... अधिक

Cast
1- Moving
2 - Sunny Day
3 - Yes Ma'am
4 - Play Date
5 - Truth Revealed
6 - Swanning Around
7 - A Little Bit Of Lilo Love
8 - Sisters Don't Do That
9 - Permanent Vacation
10 - Alaska
11 - Madness
12 - Here He Comes
13 - Set The Record Straight
14 - Legalities And Formalities
15 - Stepping Forward
16 - Big Changes Coming
18 - Home Life
19 - New Life
20 - Old Life
21 - Take A Breath
22 - Make Me Leave
23 - Family Avenue
24 - Face Off
25 - Bells Are Ringing
26 - Obstacles Arise
27 - (not) To Be
28 - A Whole New Disaster
29 - Hello, it's me
30 - Happy Happy Birthday
31 - Come Back To Me

17 - A Change Of Plans

10.4K 299 73
kiraalicex द्वारा

Nala slowly comes to, everything hurting as her eyes manage to focus. She looks at the stairwells above her and then slowly tries sitting up, crying out in pain as everything hurts. "Shit." She shakes as she tears, moving a hand to her tummy.

"Please be okay, please please." She whispers, tearing more as she feels the baby wriggle a little. She slowly forces herself to sit up, assessing what happened. She glances at the top of the stairs and remembers vaguely the feeling of hands on her arms, the force of being pushed back. Who would push her? Why would someone push her?

She can't think of that now. She shakily pulls her phone from her pocket and shakily puts it to her ear. It dials for a moment and as soon as they answer she rushes to get her words out. "Carlisle I n-need you to come to the south stairwell. Please, quickly." She gasps hanging up a moment later and letting the phone fall, too much pain everywhere for her to both about picking it up again.

Moments later Carlisle is knelt beside her. "Nala!? I need a gurney now!!" He yells. "I got you, what happened?"

"I-I was pushed." She whispers as he and another doctor lift her onto the gurney and quickly wheel her to the ER.

"Let's get ob in here, and call my son." Carlisle orders.

"No no no you will not call Jasper!" She orders. "Not until we know what's happened."

"Nala, he should know-" he stops talking as she glares, going back to assessing her. So many familiar faces all rush in to help, her team, her friends all frantic about her and her baby. It's a nice feeling, or it would be if she wasn't in so much pain. She refuses pain meds because of the baby and she manages to talk Carlisle out of anything but a quick Xray, refusing to expose her baby. She knows these things are safe, but she doesn't know what damage she has done to her baby already. She won't do anymore.

Of course she blames herself. Maybe no one touched her - she tripped because she wasn't paying attention to where she was going. Maybe she fell because she was running up the stairs almost 7 months pregnant. Maybe she's just a clutz and shouldn't be left alone.

Carlisle orders everyone around, hating that his daughter is on his watch. As soon as the ob doctor walks in he hounds her, watching over her shoulder as she does an ultrasound.

"Baby's good, there's no signs of any trauma to her. She's very lucky." She says.

"Do you mean she me or she her?" Nala mutters as she tries not to move too much, her pelvis causing her the most pain.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know. I'm sorry." She says again, feeling guilty she ruined the gender for a patient.

"No no it's fine.. I'm glad she's good." She whispers forcing a smile. The doctor and Carlisle step aside, annoying Nala more than she already is.

"If her pelvis is broken there will be no chance of a natural birth. Best shot for mom and baby is to deliver soon-"

"No." Nala says sternly as she interrupts the two talking. "Not a c-section. And I won't have another preemie baby. Not if I don't have to."

"It's the safest-"

"My fiance, h-he's afraid of blood. He can't miss the birth of his first child." Nala says sternly. "And if she's safe in me why take her out!"

Neither respond, both just sigh. Carlisle thanks the doctor and leans on the railing, looking down at Nala. She glares up at him. "Are you gonna get this neck brace off me or am I gonna have to do it myself."

He rolls his eyes and gently helps her take it off, raising the bed as she winces. "Nala, we both know your pelvis is broken. You can't deliver if your pelvis is broken."

"I have to it naturally. Jasper can handle that, what he can't handle is being in a room with so much blood." She tears. "He cannot miss her birth, he wouldn't get over that."

"He will, so long as you are both safe." He takes her hand and wipes a tear from her cheek. "That is the priority here, isn't it?" She forces a nod as she sniffs. "Then we can discuss this when he gets here. I'm gonna go call him, okay?"

She forces a nod again and watches as he leaves; as soon as the door closes she begins to cry, sobbing into her hands as the guilt begins to consume her. She just cries into her hands as the weight of the situation dawns on her. Jasper won't get to see their baby girl come into the world because of her reckless actions. This is all her fault.

She must've cried herself to sleep because the next thing she knows she hears shouting. "Where is she!?"

Nala sighs deeply as she hears Jasper. Moments later the door bursts open and he rushes over, wrapping her in his arms. "You're okay!?"

She nods small against his shoulder. "I'm okay. We're both okay." She promises as she rubs his back.

He pulls away, his black eyes wide; they were golden this morning, before his emotions got the best of him. Nala frowns and touches his cheek gently. "Oh baby... Its okay. I promise, she's safe."

"She?" He whispers, smiling a little despite the pained look on his face.

Nala nods. "Our little Esther." She smiles.

Jasper exhales slowly and sinks into the chair beside the bed, both his hands clasping Nala's. He rests his head against her tummy and she uses her free hand to play with his hair.

"They want me to have a c-section. I said no." She whispers. "I want you there with me."

"I-I can handle it..." He tries to sound confident as he looks up at her, his eyes longing to be there but knowing he can't.

Nala strokes his cheek. "We'll find a way. She's safe in me for now, mkay? Carlisle will have the xray results any minute and he will tell us. We will find a way." She promises, though she doesn't hold out much hope.

The final strand of hope is cut loose when Carlisle comes in, his expression glum. "It isn't a bad break, two fractures along the lower part of the pelvis but... But it means you can't do it naturally. It'll take up to 3 months for those to heal and you only have weeks left. It is the safest option to deliver via cesarean section."

-

Nala gazes out of the window as she sits in the armchair by it, lost in thought. She's fought and fought and fought for a natural birth but she can't have it. Esther has to come via the surgery and Jasper is heart broken. They both are. She hasn't let many people visit her, mainly just Carlisle, Jasper, Lilo and Seth. She's hurt, physically and emotionally. She's full of guilt. Everyone loves Esther so much and she put her life at risk.

She sighs heavily just as the door bursts open, Seth smirking. "I have a genius idea." He says grinning, his arms spread.

"Genius? Nothing in your brain is genius, sweetheart." Nala teases gently. "But go on, enlighten me oh mighty one."

He rolls his eyes and sits opposite her on the window ledge. "I'll go in with you and we can video call Jasper. He can wait just down the hall and once Esther has been checked he can meet the nurses and take her. That way he's the first to hold her like he would've been after you anyway, and he doesn't miss those first few minutes."

"Theres a hospital policy about cameras in the OR. It won't happen." She sighs, the hope bubble popping immediately.

Seth just keeps smirking. "What if I told you I already got it sorted?"

She tilts her head. "And how have you done that..?"

"You're extremely loved in this hospital, Nally, trust me when I say these people care. They want to make sure Jasper doesnt miss out, and you have the most comfortable experience."

Nala sighs. "I don't know..."

She sees Nico, Tash and Ray peak in, eagerly awaiting her response. Those are her team, her family too, and she bets they're the ones who helped make this happen. She smiles a little and nods. "Okay, let's do it."

They all cheer and high fiver making her giggle. It feels nice to have people in her corner for once in her life.

-

Jasper kisses Nala repeatedly as she's wheeled to the OR. "I'm gonna be right here, waiting for her. Okay?"

She smiles and nods, kissing him back. "Good. I love you. See you in a sec." She smiles as they're separated.

Jasper exhales slowly and rubs his palms on his thighs, antsy. He's hunted every day, a way to distract himself from everything, but it hasn't helped. But he knows hell have enough control to see this through.

Lilo looks up at him and takes his hand. "Mommy's gonna be okay, isn't she?"

Jasper smiles and picks her up kissing her cheek. "She is. She's going to have baby sister and we'll see her in about a half hour. Why don't we practice your reading while we wait for Seth to call."

Seth nervously changes into the scrubs and waits to be called in. Once he is he shuffles past people and takes a seat beside Nally, taking her hand and kissing it. "You good?"

She nods slightly and grips his hand. "Call him." She says in a whisper.

Seth pulls his phone out and immediately calls Jasper, the man answering in a second. "Hey baby, you okay?"

She nods again and tries not to focus on the weird feeling happening inside her as she's cut open. "It feels weird." She whispers.

Jasper smiles. "It will, baby, you're numb and cut open."

"Mommy's what!?" Lilo shrieks making everyone laugh a little.

Jasper looks over at her. "That's how they're getting sissy out. Mommy can explain later, okay?"

He looks back at the camera as the doctor speaks. "Are you ready Seth?"

Seth nods and stands, aiming the phone just out of view of the blood. Jasper's still heart swells as he hears the shrill cry of his daughter, and the relieved cries of his wife. Esther is passed to a nurse and he catches a glimpse of the small baby with the chubbiest cheeks.

"She's here." He breathes.

Nala cries as Seth aims the phone back at her. "Shes here." She repeats with a nod.

A moment later their daughter is laid on her, so Nala reaches carefully up and touches her cheek as she let's out little cries. "Hi baby hi. Oh those cheeks." She kisses her head gently and sniffles. "Get her to Jasper. Jazz, you keep her close." She orders, the nurses laughing at her orders.

The nurse cleans Esther a little more and swaddles her, slipping a hat on her, heading out. Seth smiles wide. "She's coming, bro. Congrats."

Jasper hangs up and immediately stands, smiling wide as he sees the nurse coming. She pushes the doors open and smiles at him. "Here daddy, your baby girl."

Jasper carefully takes her and holds her in front of him, admiring her for a moment. "Hi Esther... You're so beautiful. You look like your momma." He coos.

"I see I see!" Lilo demands jumping by her dad.

He laughs and kneels down, kissing her head. "Esther, meet Lilo. Lilo, this is baby sissy Esther Rae." He says. His life feels so full now. And he couldn't be happier.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

414K 7.4K 28
⚠️Short Story!!!!⚠️ 🔞Mature Content🔞 Storm is different from her brother she isn't a Quileute and doesn't have the wolf shifter gene but she does i...
48K 1.2K 20
Allie's life has never been perfect, but her brother always made sure to shelter her from all the bad. Between him and her 3 best friends, she reall...
382K 11.5K 108
Bella Swan and her adopted sister Y/n Swan, move to forks, so their mother can be happy with her husband. How will this change their lifes and what w...
113K 2.5K 43
In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he suddenly disappeared, she resigned and w...