Like Strangers In The Night

By URIEmotional

17 year old Holland lives a very though life, she was forced to grow up sooner and take care of her mother. S... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
A/N
We meet again.
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6

chapter 11

2.3K 35 7
By URIEmotional

I wake up. Nyle was lying beside me on the couch with his head resting on my shoulder.

I slowly move and lay him down. He moved and found a position, never waking up.

I smiled as I looked at him. He sleeps like an angel.

WHAT AM I DOING? He's David's brother! Oh my god! David!

I start to panic!

"NYLE, Nyle wake up"

"mmm, what's wrong"

"We slept on the same couch! Where is David?"

"Jesus Holland, I'll call him later okay, tell him to come. I saw your address on a paper on the table and I decided to come to talk to you myself. Now let me sleep"

"OH, MY GOOOOD! David is here? As in not far, as in your brother David!"

"YEEEEES! Call him or text him if you want my phone doesn't have a password"

'What kind of person do you have to be to not have a password on your phone?' I think to myself.

I log in and search for David's number.

"I hope this is it" I say as I look at the name 'Shithead'

"Where are you fuck face?"

"Hey, David?"

"Oh, my bad. I thought this was- wait who is this?"

"David it's Holland"

"Holland?"

"Yeah the girl you have the address of written on a paper"

"Ohhhh that. Your grandma gave me that just in case something happened to you or something and she would want me to come check up on you. How do you know about- nevermind"

"Where you going to use it for yourself?"

"Maybe. Wait, how do you know about the paper and why do you have my brother's- oh!"

"Yeah"

"Is he sleeping?"

"Yes, you want to come pick him up?"

"Maybe"

"Oh for God's sake. I'll be in the guest house if my dad asks who you are, say James or something don't tell him your name"

"Why?"

"I'm waiting"

And I hang up.

I go next to Nyle and lay down beside him. I go on my phone and search for a new playlist so then I can plan on what to do with my day.

"Did you call him baby girl?" Nyle's voice whispers in my ears as he gently rubs my back.

"What did you say?" I shoot him a glare

"oh cooome oooon. You heard me" he says turning on his back facing up.

"Yes, I did. He said he's coming over to pick you up." I put my phone away and just stare at him.

"UGGGHH. Mum, why did you have to call dada? I wanted to stay with you."

"Don't be such a baby" I laugh. "You can stay as much as you like"

"Really?" he looks at me with his ocean eyes.

"mhm" I nod.

"AWH. I love you" he says. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me on him.

I parted my legs on each side and sit up. I put my hands on his chest.

"Is there anything you want to eat until he comes?"

He laughs.

"What are you laughing at?" I question laughing along.

"AAAAAHHH" he growls and flips us over. He put his legs between mine and nuzzled his face in my neck.

"I'll eat you" he mutters.

"What?"

"Nothing" he laughs in my neck sending shivers down my spine.

"I HEARD THAT"

"Oh did you now" he put his hands near my hips and tickled me a bit.

"NO!" I wrap my legs around him and laugh.

"What the hell is going on?"

We both stop laughing and look over to the owner of the voice.

"Nice to see you too" I say.

Nyle gets off me and I sit up and cross my arms.

"What the fuck are you mad about?" I say.

"What am I mad about? Are you fucking kidding me right now? I don't see me fooling around with your relatives"

"What is that supposed to mean? We didn't do anything if that's what you're thinking. And why should you care? Last time I check you didn't reply to any of my texts or calls and now all of a sudden you come back into my life and expect me to still love you? SO WHAT if I slept with your brother, I really should have last night. Oh, and by the way, the reason he stayed over is because I had a fight with someone yesterday and he was here to help me sleep. Okay? I really felt like SHIT yesterday and HE was here for me and I really hope that explains it and no more stupid shit comes out of your mouth. You disgust me!"

He didn't say a word the whole time.

"Well, I hope to see you around then. You guys can continue your make-out session as I go to work."

"SHE SAID WE DIDN'T-" he gets up furious/

"Leave it Nyle" I say stopping him.

David smirks again and goes to leave the house.

"Why don't you tell her the real reason you didn't talk to her? Huh? I have nothing to lose you can't threaten me with anything. You're the only one who has everything to lose."

David didn't take another step and stood with his back facing us.

"Nyle it's enough! Really. Let him go" I put my hand on his chest trying to calm him down

"Tell her you piece of shit or I will. Maybe it will hurt less or maybe more but for sure, if she still has a bit love for you right now, which I'm sure she does, it will all go away once the reason comes out and she'll forever be disgusted by you. As will I"

"You tell her, I have to get to work" David says.

Nyle's heartbeat is faster now.

"Fuck you!" Nyle yells.

David walked out and slammed the door behind him.

"Now are you going to tell me what the fuck you're doing here and what all that was about?" I huff and go to the kitchen.

"Where you guys still a thing when you left?" he asks sitting by the table.

"Well kind of, why?"

"Well... did he ever tell you about Kim?"

"Who?"

"Kim! His ex. He never told you about her?"

"No, every time I try to talk to him about something private he would get mad. Just tell me"

"Well, she came back when you weren't there, like a week after or so. She told him she had an abusive boyfriend and that she left and has nowhere to stay. That dumb fuck told her to stay with him till he helps her find a place. She stayed with him for a while. Then like a week ago she told him it was best if she finds a place because if you haven't guessed she likes his money. So he asked me if I can help and so I did. I made a few calls and I found her an apartment. I went to his house to talk to him about it and no one opened the door so I went back to my car to wait.

*flashback* Nyle's POV. Time 10 pm

Maybe I'll wait for a bit.

*20 minutes later*

Well, there he is. Who's that with him?

Oh, fuck this. I grab the key from my bag and walk over.

Should I?

Maybe not. He and Holland must have broken up and he met with some girl to take his mind off her.

Fuck, think, think.

I put the key in and turn. I walk in and-

"Ew gross brother."

"Oh my god" the girl says as she grabs the shirt and covers her bra.

I cover my eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?"

I look at him.

"I came to talk to you about- KIM??"

"Hey" she says putting her shirt back on.

"What the fuck is she doing here? What about Holland?"

"Who's Holland?"

"Oh for god's sake brother. What are you doing in my house at this time of night?"

"You don't sleep till 1 in the morning fuck face. I knew you'll be awake. Why the fuck is he drunk" I say to her.

"We went out for some drinks, don't worry about it I was going to take care of him"

"Yeah by forcing him to get you pregnant and then he'll stay with you."

"Can you not fucking yell! I do miss Holland yes. But-"

"If you missed her than you would take some time off and go visit her. Not go around drinking with your ex and then having sex with her. That's being a child!"

"Why should you care who I fuck? I don't love Holland anymore okay. I can never be with her, she's too y-"

"What young? That didn't stop you from having sex with her and keeping her in your house. But yeah you're right, she is too good for you"

His hands formed fists and I could see he was getting mad.

"I don't need anyone brother you know that."

"Fine!" I say and walk out.

I go to his office and walk-in. everything was normal.

He has to have something.

I go to his drawers and find a picture of them, the frame was cracked and under it was a piece of paper.

SCORE.

*3 days later* morning at the office

We haven't talked since that night.

"You were right. I shouldn't have talked to you that way I was drunk"

I look up.

"You look like shit"

"Thanks. I also decided I'm leaving town. Kim and I decided to go live in a hotel for a while or something."

"You do you"

Since he was leaving I might as well go too. I should go see how she's doing and maybe tell her to come back. After all she's 18 now, she can do what she wants.

*1 day later*

It took me a while to find where to stay. I unpacked my things.

My phone rang.

"Hey brother I'm at Hotel Endless. Just calling to make sure you're okay"

"HOTEL ENDLESS? You mean the one about 3 hours away by car from our office?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Fuck"

"Why you here too?"

"Nooo, nooo I was just thinking that is one nice ass hotel brother. Kim okay?"

"Yeah, she left the same time I came to talk to you. Took a bunch of my shit. But here I am having the time of my life drinking wine"

"That bitch, I told you not to trust her"

"Nah, don't worry about it she didn't take a lot of money. Not even 300 euros. I have to go, my wine is almost finished."

"Don't drink too much fuck face"

"Don't call me tha-"

I hang up.

*3 hours later*

"Who are you?"

"Sir, I really need to speak to your daughter. I-I was going to come tomorrow or something but I couldn't sleep I had to come now. Is she here?"

"Yeah, she's with a friend. I'm her dad and I'll be here. I will come check on you in about 30 minutes. If you hurt her I will shoot you understand?"

"Yes sir, trust me I can never hurt her. Also, here's a photo I have with her to prove I do know her."

"Good. She's in the guest house I'll call her"

. . .

"She's not answering. Well, I guess you can walk right in they might be watching a movie or something."

"Thanks"

*End of flashback*

Holland's POV

"Fuck. And how did he know where I live if you took the paper?" I question

"I didn't take it. I took a photo of it."

"Holland I know you still care about him, but baby he was always like that. He can be the most loving person and then just fucks up really bad."

"It's fine, really" I say cupping his face.

"I should go back to my hotel now you must have things to do"

"No I'm not busy. You can stay as long as you want, I have my own room there is a bed if you go in that room over there. It's comfortable.
Also, how did my dad know you're not a stranger?"

"Oh. I showed him a photo of us. The one we took a few moments before you left. I came in the morning to introduce myself. I gave you a bracelet remember?"

"Oh yeahhhh! I still have that don't worry. It's in my room. It looked so precious I didn't want to wear it every day and ruin it."

"Well, I'm glad you still have it. It means a lot to me. it's crazy, I didn't even talk to you for 2 hours and we just clicked, now I'm here. I slept with you on the couch. CRAZY"

"Yes. You certainly are crazy"

{ thank you for reading and pls comment and vote. thank you so much & love you ♥♥ }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9M 68.8K 26
*****MATURE CONTENT. 18+ ONLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***** "Fuck, fuck, fuck," I finally managed to moan out. The hand on my hip reached up to grip my...
1.7K 139 23
TJ is a couple of weeks from turning 16. A year ago, he found out his father wasn't really his father. Who was his father and why was his mothers dyi...
5.4K 14 93
Two celebrities that have a crush on each other. Will they find a way to meet again? They both had a hard last relationship they both went throw a lo...
90.6K 1.3K 21
You asked, I listened. Here's the original story of Separation. Merry Chrysler everyone. *****MATURE CONTENT. 18+ ONLY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***** "I...