What I See In You (BWWM)

By AyitiCheri_26

Desiree is a nice sweet person. She faces challenges with dealing with family problems but manages to not let... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Characters
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Coming soon
Out now!!!!

10

7.5K 285 307
By AyitiCheri_26

Next day (lunch)

"Listen up everyone!" A random jock stood up on the table making everyone stop talking and look over at him.

"Football tryouts have started so if your interested to not make the cut this year then swing on by! Thank you." He smiled and sat down.

"He's so full of himself. There's a bunch of great football athletes at our school, so does be honestly think they're gonna keep the same team?" Diamond said.

"Even if Odom tried out they wouldn't let him in the team. They prefer the same teammates." Crystal said.

"That's stupid." Iyan said.

"I know, they worry it will bring bad luck and they won't win this years game like they always do." Crystal said.

"I heard there changing the coach, since the other one is coaching for some college team." I said.

"Ugh finally. Mr. Dan was such a pervert. He would make us run faster just to watch our tits bounce." Diamond said making us all choke in our food.

"Nice to know Diamond." I said as I drank my water.

"Honestly." Crystal said.

"Whatever. Anyways there's two weeks till Halloween." Diamond said cheerfully,

"I'm thinking of dressing up as a cat this year." Crystal said.

"Ooh sexy. I might be a lion or Beyoncé." She flipped her hair.

"What are you guys dressing up as?" Crystal asked us. We gave her a dumb look.

"Haven't we told you before we don't celebrate Halloween." Iyan said.

"Oh right I keep forgetting, sorry for asking." Crystal said with a small laugh.

"Why don't you? Your only dressing up and getting candy?" Diamond said.

"Because we're childrens of God and rather have our name in heaven than be thrown in hell for celebrating with the devil." Iyan said and I nodded.

"You don't even have to dress up though." She said.

"Clearly you don't understand what 'we don't celebrate Halloween' means." Iyan said frustrated.

"Sorry I'm just saying. It's just you shouldn't let your parents keep you from having fun." Diamond said.

"It's what we want. We don't want to participate in that kind of stuff so why argue?" I said.

"Never mind then." Diamond mumbled.

"I gotta go, I almost forgot my English teacher wanted to see me." I say as I stand up.

"Want us to come?" Crystal asked.

"No it's ok I'll be back anyways." I said and she nodded.

I left the cafeteria and went upstairs. I walked down the hall into her classroom. I gave her door a knock and she gestured me to come in.

"Hey Desiree how you've been?" She asked.

"I'm alright and yourself?"

"I'm great thanks for asking. I wanted to see you for something." She opened the drawer and pulled out a paper.

"Okay." I slipped in hands in my pocket.

"So this is Darius essay all marked up." She said and I crossed my finger in my hoodie. I haven't spoken to Darius so I was curious on how he did.

"How did he do?" I asked.

"Well, I'm slightly disappointed. He scored a 40 percent." She said. I sighed and couldn't help but groan. I know for a fact he didn't put effort in writing it as well.

"I've already spoken to him about it and I know you did your job well. Which is why maybe you guys should try doing session after school." She said.

"I-I don't know."

"School is a good place to work but I know you guys would be more concentrated if it were maybe in your own environments."

"What did he even write?" I asked.

"See for yourself." She handed me the paper.

The essay started up well until it's started making no sense. He talked about titanic and said if Macbeth just had a drink he would've been ok. I laughed in shocked making Mrs. Ran give me a certain look.

"I'm sorry, this is just-"

"Foolish. I know. Start meeting after school. And the next essay better reach an 80." She said.

"I'll try."

"No he'll try." She said.

She dismissed me and I slowly walked out. I can't believe I have to go through this again. Clearly he doesn't want any help if he's not gonna put any effort in his work.

This is just a waste of my time. Why did I even sign up for tutoring in the first place? I should be getting paid at least.

"Desiree?" I heard behind me. I turned around seeing Rachel walking towards me. It was so awkward between us, so I tried to avoid it.

"Hey what's up?" I said.

"Not so good." She said looking down. I looked at her and we stood in silent for a moment.

"Let's go outside and talk." I said. She looked at me and nods. We head out and walk to the football area. We go up the bleachers and sit at the back.

"Look Rachel. This is none of my business. I totally understand if I should stay out of it." I said.

"Desiree your my friend and you know I can trust you." She smiled a bit.

"Okay, but you don't have to tell me anything."

"I should, since you saw and are probably thinking I'm a cheating ass hoe." She said.

"Of course you aren't." I smooth her shoulder.

"Did you and Darius break up?" I asked. She looked down then shook her head.

"No we didn't. I want to but I can't."

"You seemed like you love him with all your heart." I said.

"I do, I really do. It's just I don't feel connected with him as I do with Tristan, the one you saw me with."

I really didn't know what do say. I don't even think I should be asking her any more questions. I felt as guilty for knowing.

"I'm gonna tell him though, soon." She said. I nodded.

"May I ask how long you've been... uh you know.." I asked.

"About 2 months. I was supposed to break up with Darius then but we just kept our affair a secret ever since." She shrugged.

"Well for now just be carful." I said and she nodded.

"Careful about what?" We heard. I looked to my side seeing Darius and his friend sliding next to us.

I looked at Rachel and she looked at me.

"None of your concern." She said. Darius shrugged and swung his arm around her.

"Don't you guys have practice or something?" She asked.

"Tryouts hasn't even started yet." The friend said.

"Well we want to be alone so bye." She pushed him away.

"No you want to be alone, not Desiree." Darius said as he looked at me.

"Sorry bud, I'm with Rachel in this." I said.

"We'll leave in a sec, I just need to ask you something." He said to me. I nodded indicating for him to ask.

"Actually it can wait. We're leaving now happy?" He said. Rachel rolled her eyes making him chuckle.

"It will be so hard when I tell him." She sighed.

All I could think at that was damn, sucks to be you.

...

After arriving home I was gonna go straight to Iyan's house so we can study. I told my parents so and they said ok.

I walked over to her house and rang the doorbell. Her older brother opened and let me in.

"Sup." He said as I removed my shoes.

"Sup." I said back.

"Damn it's been a minute since I seen you." He said as we walked in the living room.

"Right, I barely see you in school."

"Iyan ain't tell you?"

"What?"

"I transferred, I go to Grandbord." He sat down on the couch.

"No way, the school of arts?"

"Mhmm, ya boy bout to be famous real soon." He smirked.

"Wow proud of you." I said and we fist pumped.

"Preciate it, I got some songs on Spotify you should check it out." He said.

"I will, you have crazy talent Keith." I said in amusement.

"No cap." He said cockily making me roll my eyes.

"Whatever wheres Iyan?"

"Upstairs." He pointed up. I nodded and said bye. Sometimes talking to Keith was a boy version of talking to Iyan. At one point in my life I had a huge crush on him. It was so obvious looking back at it I think I was dumb.

What mainly attracted me to him was his accent. He had a strong New York accent. Him and Iyan don't share the same dad so he had more hood to him than Iyan. And did I mention he can sing? It's like listening to Chris Brown, his voice is so powerful.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I walk in seeing Iyan standing on her head against the wall.

"Apparently it helps period cramps." She said as she tumbled down. I bursted into laughter.

"Ow that hurts. What were you and my brother aka your ex crush talking about?" She wiggled her brows.

"Don't even."

"What? You did used to like him did you not?"

"When I was 12 yeah." I said as sat on her bed.

"Exactly. Switching gears what are you gonna do about that number the guy gave you?" She asked.

"Not this again." I sighed.

"Yes this again, you my friend need a boo."

"I hate that phrase."

"But you need one, I wouldn't be surprised if you threw away that paper."

"I actually saved it on my phone." I said as I played in my hair.

"Wow then do what with it? Pretend to dial it?" She said.

"Relax I'll text him, just not now."

"Fine." She sighed. She reached for her phone and groaned.

"My phone is dead, I need to call my mom to ask her to get something. Can I use yours?" She asked. I pull my phone out and toss it to her.

She unlocked it and was tapping away. A while later I looked at her and saw a smirk forming on her face. I gasped quickly reaching for my phone.

"Too late." She smiled as I grabbed it from her.

"Iyana-Rose, what did you do?" I said as I looked at the message sent.

"A favour. Your welcome. He'll probably reply in a couple seconds."

"And what if he doesn't."

"Trust me sis, he will."

I laid on her bed wishing for the best. Suddenly my phone buzzed.

"Told you." Iyan said. I opened up the chat a couple minutes later then read.

"What should I say?" I asked. Iyan read over my shoulder.

"Tell him you've been busy and he crossed your mind." I nodded and texted that.

Iyan's parents came back so she left to go greet them. I thought about what to say, then replied.

After that I locked my phone and smiled. Iyan came back with two bowls of ice cream.

"How'd it go?" She asked.

"Not bad, he's calling tonight." I smiled.

"See, was it that hard? All you had to do was say hi."

The rest of the evening we did a bit of work and watched tv. All that was on my mind was his call.

_____

Things bout to get more juicy in the upcoming chapters so don't snatch your lashes too much!

Comment, vote, share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 1.9K 17
[π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ] π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘. ━ ❝Satoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years of their break-up, and she refuses to a...
14K 850 18
Passion is a high spirited girl from New Orleans who is very outgoing. Loves to twerk and all kinds of ratchet but in a good way. Justin is a guy who...
4.5K 450 28
She is a Queen at a very young age, she is cold and ruthless, she rules her kingdom well. He is a pauper , very handsome and then he encountere...
1.6K 78 22
You can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare Either way I don't wanna wake up from you..... *SEMI-SLOW UPDATES: 1-2 WEEKS*