Breathing In

By hellaxhemmings

After the accident, Luke might have to try to start over if he really wants to win Alex back. More

Chapter // One
Chapter / / Two
Chapter // Three
Chapter // Four
Chapter // Five
Chapter // Six
Chapter // Seven
Chapter // Eight
Chapter / / Nine
Chapter // Ten
Chapter // Eleven
Chapter // Twelve
Chapter // Thirteen
Chapter // Fourteen
Chapter // Fifteen
Chapter / / Sixteen
Chapter // Seventeen
Chapter // Eighteen
Chapter // Twenty
Chapter / / Twenty One
Chapter // Twenty Two
Chapter / / Twenty Three
Chapter // Twenty Four
Chapter // Twenty Five
Chapter // Twenty Six
Chapter // Twenty Seven
Chapter // Twenty Eight
Chapter//Twenty Nine
Chapter // Thirty
Chapter // Thirty One
Chapter // Thirty Two
Chapter // Thirty Three
Chapter // Thirty Four
Chapter // Thirty Five
Chapter // Thirty Six
Chapter // Thirty Seven
Chapter // Thirty Eight
Chapter // Thirty Nine
Chapter // Forty
Chapter // Forty One
Chapter//42
Hey!

Chapter // Nineteen

161 8 3
By hellaxhemmings

"You know you still have enough time to change your mind about this right?" Luke says and laughs nervously.

I laugh. "Nothing is going to make me change my mind Luke. I want to meet the rest of your band." He just shoves his fists into his pockets.

"Okay but I'm warning you." He laughs.

I shove him with my shoulder a little."I've put up with you since I met you. I think I'll be okay." He laughs.

When we reach the driveway of a little house Luke wraps his hand into mine.

"We can still turn around you know." He suggests and turns his head towards me.

"Lucas stop." I say. He just sighs. "Omg fine." He leads the way and opens the door, I guess the door isn't locked 24/7.

"HONEY IM HOME!" Luke yells into the house. I hear a shriek and feet trampling down the stairs. 3 boys run and knock Luke to the ground.

I stand there and laugh like an idiot. All 3 heads snap in my direction when they finally realize that I'm there.

"HE'S BROUGHT A GIRL." One of them yells. I can see Luke's cheeks get red. That's a first.

They all get up and help Luke up as well.

"Guys, this is Alex, my um girlfriend." Luke says like a little shy schoolboy. Making me giggle a little.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO CAKE?" yells the brunette.

Luke laughs. "It still exists man. Cake is forever." He hugs him.

"Alex this is Michael our guitarist, Calum our bassist, and Ashton is our drummer." He introduces me and points the boys out.

"Hey." I say shyly.

"She's a shy one. Perfect for Lukey here." Michael says and slaps Luke on his shoulder. I feel my cheeks heating up.

"Um do you mind if I watch you guys rehearse?" I ask.

"Of course not! You can be apart of the 5SOS Family!" Ashton says and puts his arm around my shoulder.

"We usually rehearse in the living room so have a seat there on the couch. Yep." Calum says and escorts me to the couch and I can't help but laugh.

"LUKE COULD YOU GET MY GUITAR?!" Yells Michael even though he's in the same room as him.

"AND MY BASS?!" Calum yells. I laugh.

"Ugh I want a divorce. I didn't sign up for this." Luke says jokingly.

"I luv you bby." Calum says and pouts his lips. Luke just grunts.

I can't help but laugh. "So you guys are the famous 5 Seconds Of Summer?" I ask.

"It's just 5 Seconds Of Summer for now." Ashton says.

"But we'll be the next big thing!" Michael says and smiles so big.

"We're Four Aussies who do YouTube covers." Calum says.

"I'm sure you guys will make it one day." I say. Luke walks in struggling with two acoustic guitars and an acoustic bass.

He gives Calum and Michael their instruments and they sit in front of a camera.

"This is actually going to go on YouTube and we're awkward as hell so please no laughing." Luke says making me laugh.

"No promises." I say and get comfortable.

Luke just shoots me a puppy look. Dork lmao.

"Could you turn the camera on Alex please?" Ashton asks politely and I nod my head. I press the button and they start talking.

"Hey we're 5 Seconds Of Summer and um" Michael starts.

"We're going to be singing our new song 'Gotta Get Out'! We hope you like it!" Ashton says.

I see Calum mouth "cocks" and I try so hard not to laugh.

This is the first time I'm going to actually hear them in person and I'm excited.

Even when the sky is falling down

Even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet

They start off and throughout the whole song they have fun. It doesn't look rehearsed or scripted. They're not uptight about their music and all you see is love for it in their eyes and just YOU JUST SEE IT OKAY.

We just gotta get out

They finish their song and they end up laughing for no reason.

"Um yea that's about it." Ashton says and smiles.

"Wait, guys we want to introduce you to someone!" Calum says and gets up. He grabs my arm and sits me down on Luke's Lap.

"Um, guys" I say and feel my cheeks heat up.

"THIS IS LUKE'S GIRLFRIEND ALEX." Michael says and I can feel the vibrations in Luke's chest as he laughs.

"Um yeah guys this is erm my um Girlfriend Alex." He says and he's almost as shy as me.

"Hi." I manage to choke out.

Calum laughs. "Well you heard it here first folks. Alex and Luke Hemmings. Together. CAKE IS STILL ON THOUGH OKAY."

"Thanks So much guys um can't wait for you guys to listen to our new music that'll hopefully come soon. And um we love you." Ashton says and they all wave and I wave too.

All of a sudden Luke kisses me and we start kissing for a solid six seconds. I can hear the rest of the boys laugh and I laugh into the kiss. I pull back and I can see Luke smiling.

"What did you think?" He asks. I get up and pull him up.

"You guys are amazing." I say. And sit on the couch.

"You're just saying that, aw shucks." Michael says all cute.

"No I'm serious. Remember me when you're famous okay?" I laugh.

"Sure thing. We'll be hanging out a lot anyways." Calum says.

"I'll go upload this to YouTube." Ashton says. I get out my phone and go to YouTube. I search up their Channel and I subscribe. 5 minutes later I see a new video up.

Gotta Get Out + Big News

I skip to the end and I see that Ashton uploaded the part where me and Luke are kissing and the rest of the band is laughing.

I choke on air and start coughing. "ASHTON." I yell in between coughs and I hear Ashton giggle from the other room.

"What's up?" Luke asks and I show him. He turns tomato red and sits back onto the couch and stares blankly at the wall.

A minute later he yells. "ASHTON I LOVE YOU." I look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"I thought you um what?" I ask. He looks at me with a funny look.

"Well see in this band, our family needs to know what's up. And I'm up on Cloud 9 because of you." He says and I my knees go all jigglypuff.

"Alex? Are you okay?" Luke shakes me by the shoulders.

"Wait what?" I ask. I realized that I had been daydreaming/remembering while they played their song.

"Oh I'm sorry Luke. I was um remembering a memory." I say and smile.

"What did you remember?" Luke breathes out.

"The first time you introduced me to Calum, Michael, and Ashton and that was the first time I went to a rehearsal of yours." I say and smile, excited.

Luke breathes out a laugh. "That's amazing." He wraps his arms around me and I snuggle my face into his neck.

"Alex, it's pretty late. Maybe you should get back to your mom. She seems real um.... overprotective over you." Ashton says.

I pull away from Luke and get up. He's right.

"Yeah you're right. I'll see you guys soon okay? Goodnight." I say and walk out the door. I can hear Luke's feet behind me.

"I'll walk you home." He says and closes the door behind him. He walks next to me but doesn't try and make a move. He's probably still on what I said the other night.

"So um, can I ask you something?" Luke asks and shoves his fists in his pocket. I can see his breathe in the late Winter air.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Do you believe me when I say we were dating?" He asks and bites his lip.

I nod my head. "Yeah but I still don't know for how long, or what I was thinking, or how I felt, or why we broke up, or why I'm with Hunter. Sometimes you just need all the pieces of the puzzle before you can see the actual picture. And some of the pieces are very important." I say.

"Oh, okay" he says, a little bit of hurt evident in his tone. We walk in comfortable silence until we reach my driveway.

"Thanks for walking me Luke. I really appreciate it." I say and give him a friendly hug.

"Anything for you Alex." He says and gives me a weak smile. I smile back and walk to my doorstep. I fumble with my keys and get in.

"Mom?" I ask into the house. No answer. She must be out. I hear noises upstairs and I get out my emergency pocket knife. As you can see I have trust issues sometimes, especially now.

I walk upstairs and see my door slightly open. I walk in and see a horrific scene.

Hunter.

In Bed.

Naked.

With A Blonde Chick.

And she's naked too.

I scream. "WHAT THE HELL HUNTER?!" He looks up and scrambles out of bed, pulling up his boxers.

"A-Alex! It's not what it looks like!" He fumbles and walks towards me.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yell. "YOU HAD SEX WITH ANOTHER GIRL IN MY BED?!" I yell harder.

He looks shocked. "AT LEAST I DIDNT SPEND THE NIGHT WITH LUKE!"

I slap him across the cheek. "I DIDNT HAVE SEX WITH HIM. YOU, ON THE OTHER HAND, HAD SEX WITH HER! WHOEVER THE HELL SHE IS!"

I don't give him time to respond. I run down the stairs and by the time the winter air hits me, I'm crying.

I look around and Luke is still standing there. Probably checking that I made it into the house okay.

"Alex?! What the hell happened to you?!" He yells and runs over, I run over to him too and we meet in the middle of the street, light snow has started to fall.

"Hunter" I chock out between sobs.

He looks up and Hunter is out in his boxers and that girl runs out with his shirt on.

"Oh my fucking God." He mutters and walks behind me, heading towards Hunter.

He doesn't even speak. Luke punches Hunter in the gut and starts beating the living shit out of him.

"Luke!" I yell.

He ignores me and punches and kicks and does everything in his power to hurt him.

"YOU DICK!" He yells and steps on his dick. I can hear Hunter cry out. He's never been a fighter to be honest.

"Luke Stop! You'll kill him!" I yell and eventually pry him off of Hunter. Luke has a busted lip and blood coming from his eyebrow.

"Aw boo hoo." Says the blonde and flicks me off. She seems familiar.

"Bitch." Luke spits at her. Does he know her?

I look at her one more time and get a name to match with the face.

Veronica Taylor.

A/N oh shiiitttt this bish again ! lmao but anyway This Chapter goes out to Special Friend (MARIAN U KNOW WHO U R) she literally sat in the car with me while I wrote it and gave me death threats if I didn't publish soon. Hope this chapter was okay !

- Xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 104 23
Part 2 They broke out - Will they stay out?
20K 242 29
The title says it all.
16.6K 124 103