The Alpha King's Chosen

By CristinaAnaGF

He was ready to give up. The Moon Goddess and his wolf weren't. Who would win. •Thank you all for your suppor... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
Epilogue

15

24.3K 836 76
By CristinaAnaGF

The Truth Revealed

Mateo headed to his room, needing to see Serena.

Finding her with his mother, "Mamma..." He greeted, giving her a peck on the cheek, "Pappa needs to speak to you. He is in your private quarters with some important news."

Moving towards Serena, he wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her neck, inhaling her scent, calming him.

"Are you sure you're not trying to get rid of me?" Octavia asked, smiling at the couple.

Looking at his mother, an embarrassed flush across his cheek, he muttered vehemently, "No!"

Seeing the sincerity in her son's eyes, she nodded, making her way out the room, leaving the love birds behind. Hopefully soon there will be a baby, she daydreamed, making her way to her mate.

After Octavia left, Serena turned in Mateo's arms, pushing back a bit, looking up to his face. It amazes her every time, that this man, handsome, tall and muscular was her mate. Giving her a predatory smile, Mateo bent his head, brushing her lips with his. Not wanting to be distracted, she pushed him back a bit, already feeling his hard arousal against her stomach, "What happened, you were stressed when you entered." She reprimanded, determined to get answers.

Huffing in defeat, seeing the steely glint in Serena's eyes, Mateo led her to the seating area, sitting down, he lifted her, placing her on his lap, "Promise me you'll let me talk first, before bombarding me with endless questions, please..."

"Ok..." She replied against her better nature.

Smiling at her, he gave her a light squeeze at her waist. Then proceeded to tell her all that had transpired from the moment he left her to coming back to her.

"So...you think it's one of them? I can't imagine anyone out of that group, who could be vindictive. I wish I could be of some help, I try and try to remember that night, but it's a blur..."

Mateo hugged Serena, "Don't worry, Neo is busy searching as we speak, we should have answers soon."

"But...those three women, if you had said Sara, I would have believed her to be the attacker."

Chuckling at her comment, Mateo replied, "I would have agreed with the assumption that Sara is guilty, but... unfortunately she is only a spoilt brat."

"Still...she needs to be brought down a notch or two." She huffed, crossing her arms, pouting.

Cupping her face, he turned her face towards him, rubbing her lips with his thumb, trying to pacify her, "I'll let her father know of her attitude and order him to fix it."

Happy, she snaked her arms around his neck, her hands pushing his head down for a sensual kiss.

Wrenching his mouth from hers, he muttered, "You're killing me.'

She giggled and then proceeded to show him, how much she could kill him...with love.

L

ater, Serena was escorted to the dining hall. The twins had dressed her in an evening gown of dark blue velvet, her makeup light, hair up, her jewelry expensively understated, simple yet elegant, she also wore strappy heels.

Mateo had explained the plan too her, after his meeting with Neo, on how they were going to draw out the enemy.

So here they all were, everyone seated in the same spots as the first evening, the only one missing was Mandy.

Serena had received hugs from Katie, Marie and Tabitha as soon as they saw her. Serena cringed inwardly, anyone of them could be her attacker. Sara was her usual snarky spoilt self, barely acknowledging her.

Leo stood up, drawing everyone's attention towards him, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome again. Tonight's proceedings is going to be different..." Clinking his glass to quieten the room, he proceeded, "I would like all the candidates to come up front please."

Waiting as the women stepped forward, nodding, he continued to speak, "Now...some of you might not know, but my son has found his true mate. Not wanting to waste time in dragging the process of courting these women, it was decided to choose and reveal his mate. Son..." Leo sat down.

Thanking his father, Mateo walked around the table, walking over to the women, standing before them, he said, "Thank you ladies for your time and companionship. Luckily this process was not wasted this year and in less time." Looking at each one with a smile, "Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you, your future Queen."

Stepping quickly towards Serena, he maneuvered her quickly to his side, keeping her out of harms way.

"No...!" A woman screeched, "His mine!"

Serena was shocked, the woman screaming was Tabitha.

Mateo stepped before Serena, protecting her from Tabitha's rage, keeping her pressed against his back, watching as Neo and Rocco grabbed Tabitha from behind.

"His mine, mine..." Tabitha shouted, struggling to get loose.

Mateo looked at Neo, "Take her to the dungeon."

Waiting as they dragged a kicking and screaming Tabitha out. Mateo released his hold on Serena, bringing her to his side, his arm encircling her waist, bringing her close to him, bending his head, he brushed a kiss on her temple. Inhaling her sweet scent, looking back up at his guests, "Ladies and gentlemen. My mate, Serena."

Pack members stood up, applauding and cheering.

Mateo and Serena did the obligatory mingling with pack members, candidates, friends and family.

Knowing they still had a difficult night ahead. They still had to deal with Tabitha...

Later that evening, Mateo led Serena down to the dungeon. Taking her into a interrogation room. Octavia, Leo, Leah and Mara were already there. "I'll leave you here, you can watch at that window, please stay here."

Worried, Serena grabbed Mateo's hands, "What about you?"

Smiling tenderly at her, "I'll be in there, Tabitha is tied down to the chair. Neo and Rocco are also there."

Leaving Serena, Mateo prepared himself mentally for the confrontation to cone, entering the room, he crossed over towards Tabitha, standing before her, crossing his arms, he growled, "Why?"

Tabitha shuddered in fear, bowing her head, mumbling, "You're mine..."

Fiercely growling, Mateo's hand grabbed her neck, squeezing it tight, "Talk or I'll snap your neck. We know you're working alone, you also started those rogue attacks and you're experienced enough to hack into our security system. All I want to know is why?"

"You're my mate..." She choked out.

"No you're not." Mateo stated.

"But that day, we met, you were kind, you smiled at me, saving me..." Tabitha said.

Mateo was confused, he doesn't remember ever seeing or saving Tabitha, granted he had saved many members in the past, but he couldn't place Tabitha in there.

"I changed a bit, I was a bit chubbier, you came to our pack, our Alpha was bad...you saved me from his wrath." She continued.

Looking carefully at her, Mateo was still uncertain, "I'm sorry, I don't remember you, if I saved you, it isn't an indication to assume you are my mate." Letting her go, stepping away from her.

Tabitha lost it, her eyes with a mad glint, "It's because of Serena...you are denying me! She is not your mate, she is a conniving slut..." She spat out, struggling against her restraints, "I'll get rid of her, just let me go, I'll prove it to you and once she is dead, you'll come back to me."

"You're crazy..." Mateo growled, "What about Mandy?"

"I'm not crazy! Serena has bewitched you!" Tabitha screeched, swearing and shouting profanities. Continuing her ranting, she said, "Mandy was collateral damage, she was annoying and I needed to vent."

Mateo had heard enough, clearly Tabitha was psychotic, she wasn't going to back down or apologize for her actions, she was delusional.

Stepping forward, he grabbed her neck, snapping it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 375 18
When Alpha Grey who owned the largest most powerful pack went for a visit, the alpha's daughter who had a dormant wolf seemed to make him addicted to...
446K 18.1K 50
This is a Boy×Boy story, if you don't like it don't read it. Hate comments will be deleted and you will be blocked Taehyung is desperate to leave hi...
2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...
1.2K 133 40
His words were and I quote 'He will never stop looking for the girl, His prize, His broken luna, His toy. He will never stop until she goes home to h...