We Found Love

By fae_and_fanfic

Your mother had always told you that magic was real and meant to find you again, even after she passed away... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Thank you! <3
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Thank you <3
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Yay!
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Thank you so much!
Final Chapter Reveal
Chapter 18
9K! 😍

Chapter 14

1.8K 56 37
By fae_and_fanfic

A/N-Hey everyone! Chapter 14 is finally here!

You found yourself back in the elevator with Gennady after he casted the spell.

"Oh my gosh!" You shouted. "I think I'm going to be sick!"

You lost your balance and fell back into the elevator wall.

Gennady rolled his eyes at you. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Why would you care?" You groaned, trying to get up. You held the rail and tried to regain your strength. "I-I don't think I can stand."

"You already are." He said, fighting a laugh.

You glared at him, a piece of hair moving in front of your face. "On. My. Own."

You growled, still holding the rail connected to the elevator. "Just push the damn button."

Gennady pushed the number 3 again with his knuckles and you felt the elevator pull you upwards.

You lost your balance again, this time hitting your head on the moving floor. You huffed and groaned as you turned onto your back and looked up at the silver ceiling.

The elevator door opened and you pushed yourself back up to your knees.

"Here." Gennady said, holding out his hand.

Reluctantly, you took it, for you knew it was the only way you were going to get up quickly without falling.

You didn't thank him for his help. Instead, you let go of his hand and started walking quickly toward your room with your hand on the wall as a way to keep yourself balanced.

You wanted to get away from that man as fast as possible.

Turning the corner at the end of the hall was somewhat of a challenge for you, but you did it without falling flat on your face.

"Remember, the case." He shouted at you.
You ignored him.

Finally, you reached the door to your room and pulled out your keys.

You opened the door to find a nervous Newt standing before you.

He was with two women, neither of which you recognized.

This, at first startled you, but you quickly pushed it aside.

Oh dear. How do I explain what just happened? You thought.

"(Y/F/N)!" He shouted, rushing to you. "What happened, (Y/F/N)? Where did you go? When did-" He paused. "Oh dear, (Y/F/N) you don't look well." Newt said.
He stuttered, "Well, no, I mean you always look nice it's just now you don't-"

Your legs felt like jello as you tried to move toward him, and you fell again, this time on your knees.

You felt more sick than before, and you tried to ignore the effects of constant teleportation, but the pain came over you quickly as an enormous wave.

"Newt, I-I'm not well." You said, tears welling in your eyes. It wasn't just the spell, you'd realized, but the feeling of fear that kept you paralysed.

How can I tell Newt that someone tried to kidnap me and force me to steal his case? Or - a case. I don't know whose it is anymore. Not really.

"(Y/F/N), it's alright. It's going to be okay." Newt thought quickly. "You need to lie down." He said, lifting your arm and putting it across his shoulders.

He kept you stable and held you close as you walked together to your bedroom. You fell onto the bed, put your head on a pillow, and closed your eyes tightly, hoping that the world would stop spinning.

"I'll be right back." Newt said. "I just have to grab something from my case." You winced at those words...  My case.

There was so much you didn't know, and it seemed to be eating away at you.

"O-Okay, Newt." You said, as you heard the case click and flip open.

In no time at all, he came back into your room with something in his hand. "Here, (Y/F/N). Drink this. It'll help you."

You held yourself up as Newt propped a pillow under your back and neck to keep you sitting in an upright position. You took the cup full of red liquid and drank it, still in pain.

Newt, still a bit shy towards you, hesitantly sat on the edge of the bed and looked at you with a concerned expression on his face.

"What happened, (Y/F/N)? You don't have to tell me now, but I want to make sure you're okay. Did something bad happen?"

Newt could tell that he was overloading you with questions, so he paused to allow you to gather your thoughts and start from the beginning.

I can't tell him. You thought. What if he gets hurt? What if I get hurt? Gennady said there'd be consequences if he didn't get what he wanted...

"Newt, I-" You paused. "I'm afraid I can't tell you." You said.

"Can't tell me?" He asked. "(Y/F/N), what's wrong?"

You took a deep breath. "Newt, something bad did happen." You could feel the tears in your eyes still trying to pour out. "I don't even know where to start."

"Well, just start from the beginning. Right after you left." Newt said gently.

Memories came flooding back to you, and you were still afraid and hurting, hough the liquid that Newt gave you seemed to be helping.

"Right. Well, I went to get in the elevator to go downstairs and when the doors opened I-well I saw this man standing there."

Newt's expression turned angry as he thought about what that could mean. It brought back memories of Kallan as well.

"I didn't think anything of it. I just walked in and then he started talking to me and asked me if I- if I knew anything about-" You stopped.

"If you knew anything about what?" Newt asked.

"Magical creatures." You told him quietly.
Newt's eyes widened and gently put his hand on your arm.

Seeing all that you'd gone through, even though he didn't know the half of it, nearly killed him. But, he couldn't say why.

"I kept telling him that I didn't know anything, but he didn't believe me. So, he casted a spell."
You told Newt. "I think it was apper-something?" You guessed.

"Apparate." He said, still gently holding your arm.

"I think that's why I feel so bad." The pain was almost gone now, but you still felt somewhat nauseous. "We went somewhere and then he sprayed me with something and I woke up tied to a chair. Then he told me that if I-" You paused.

I shouldn't tell him.

"If I did something for him, he'd let me go and he would never bother me again."

Newt was so angry he couldn't stop this, so angry he wasn't there.

"What did he want you to do?' Newt asked. 
A dark wizard no doubt...  He thought.

"He told me about a case. One full of magical creatures. He said it was his." You said, beating around the bush. "Your case, that is."

You wanted to tell him the last part, but feared he would leave. You didn't want Newt to be angry at you for this.

"He wanted me to take it. Take it from you, and bring it to him." You said through your tears, which now fell down your face and cheeks.

"P-please don't be angry. I promise I won't, I just had to tell him I would."

You looked up at his face, serious yet sympathetic, and frowned. You felt so much like a child who didn't know anything and was completely vulnerable.

"No, no." Newt said, taking the empty cup in your hand and putting it on your nightstand. "(Y/F/N), I'm not angry. Not with you."

You let out a sigh of relief as the two women you saw with Newt earlier peeked their heads in the door.

"Hi, honey." The woman with strawberry blonde hair said to you.

"Sorry to come in uninvited. Newt told us you were missing. He feared something bad had happened to you." Said the woman with short black hair.

And how right he was... You thought.

"Oh, that's alright." You said, giving a small smile.

"This is Tina," Newt said, pointing at the woman with black hair. "And her sister, Queenie." Said Newt, gesturing to the other woman.

"Nice to meet you both." You said.

"Likewise." Tina said.

"We promise we weren't listening on purpose, but what's this about a man, honey?" Queenie asked.

"A dark wizard." Newt said, speaking for you.

He turned to you and asked, "Did he tell you his name? Do you remember what it was?"

"Gennady? I don't think I've heard that name before..." Queenie said, looking at you.

This startled you and you sat up more, tense.

"Oh, (Y/F/N) it's alright. Queenie is a legilimens."

"You mean, she can read minds and things like that?" You asked.

Newt and Queenie nodded.

If you hadn't been so afraid, you would have thought that was truly fascinating.

"You were hurt, weren't you honey?" Queenie asked, sympathetically.

She seemed like someone you would be best friends with, if only the circumstances for you meeting were different.

"Yes. His name's Gennady, that's what he said."

"What happened after he told you to take my case?" Newt asked. You winced again. My case.

"Newt, why would he want a case that isn't his?"

"Well, I think he, and many other people, only want what's inside of the case.  Do you remember how I told you about the wizards who wanted to get rid of bowtruckles?"

You nodded.

He went on. "Well, they are also willing to sell them or steal them or use them for dark magic, and-and not just bowtruckles, nifflers and murtlaps and- well, all of them."

You swallowed hard. "They are his, honey. He'd never lie to you about that." Queenie told you.

Well, she can read minds... You thought.

"I think I'm feeling well enough to stand, Newt." You said, quietly.

Queenie smiled at you, holding her sister's arm now, and moved into the other room after saying, "We'll give you two some time alone."

You nodded, partially grateful for having to be alone with Newt.

Once the two sisters walked into the other room and closed the door, Newt looked at you, terribly sad. "Newt, are you okay?" You asked.

He shook his head. "I never wanted you to get hurt like this. I-I never wanted you to see this-this dark side of magic. I'm so sorry I wasn't there." Newt sat, ashamed with his head down.

You moved your hand to his cheek and gently cupped the side of his face. "No. Newt, this is not your fault. I'm glad I met you, and I'm glad you're with me. We will find a way to stop this."

His gaze moved from your hand to your eyes as you said that. Then, they moved down to your lips and your eyes looked at his. "(Y/F/N), would you mind if I-"

A noise coming from the kitchen interrupted Newt. You both looked over to the door, feeling shy all of a sudden, and Newt appeared to be flustered as he stood up and moved away from your bed.

You got out of bed slowly, careful not to push yourself too hard and fall. Your legs felt stiff, but you were finally able to walk again without feeling heavy and dizzy.

Newt moved closer to the television on the wall and put his back to you.

Come on, Newt. What are you thinking? He thought. She could've gotten so hurt today... more hurt, really. And, and trying to ki-

"Newt, are you coming?" You asked him while standing in the doorway of your bedroom.

"Oh, y-yes. I'm coming." He said, slowly turning around.

You moved out of your room and into the kitchen to see Queenie eating a pastry at the dining table, Tina sitting beside her.

"I made you one too, honey." She said, moving a plate with what appeared to be strudel toward you.

It was beautiful and golden, filled with the perfect amount of sugar and fruit.

Your mouth started to water and you didn't realize how hungry you were until now.

You sat down and said, "Thank you. That looks fantastic. Did you - you know - make it with magic?"

Queenie smiled. "I did, honey."

After eating the strudel and talking with Tina and Queenie and Newt for a while, it was time for you to form a plan.

"What do we do now?" You asked. "We've got to figure out something."

"(F/N)'s right. We need to report this or at least bring it to the attention of MACUSA." Tina said.

"Report it? Are you sure, Teenie?" Queenie asked.

"Positive." She replied and, just like that, she apparated herself to the location.

"But Tina she-" Newt started.

"Honey," Queenie started looking at you, "Can I talk to you for a minute? In private?"

You looked over at Newt, and then back to Queenie. "Sure."

The two of you left Newt at the table alone. You led Queenie into your bedroom again and asked, "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Newt." She said.
"And you."

A/N-Hey everyone! So, I know that was a very busy and exciting chapter😂hahaha!  If you liked it, be sure to comment your opinion/suggestions and/or vote for this chapter of the story! Thank you so much! Love you all❤️

PS-This book is coming to an end, and there will be only a few more updates!  But, I just wanted to say that I am so happy that you like this story! It has been such a journey! Thank you all💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 3.1K 51
Newt's travel ban was not in place until after his book was published and he was able to visit Tina in New York before then. They become close, very...
58.6K 1.4K 8
"Growing up with an abusive father for things beyond his control, and a mother who tried to mediate things while trying to keep him safe at the same...
337K 5.1K 54
ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ, Stories with you and your favourite Harry Potter characters cause we all know we have one or more Harry Potter...
403K 7.3K 39
These are stories/imagines/one-shots I have came up with or that have been requested by readers, about Newt Scamander from Fantastic Beasts and Where...