Lucky Prodigy

بواسطة Wordsmith-Rain

In the event of death, there is a 1:10,000 chance that you will reincarnate in a world not your own and Retai... المزيد

1: Patience
2: Little Sage
3: The Power of Ur
4: The Protector
5: The Treaty
6: Training
7: Subjugation
8: Visitor
9: Invasion
10: Dead King
11: Father of the Year
12: Hero's Party
13: Saints' Intervention
14: Hero's Match
15: Homeward Bound
16: Come Get Some
17: Buyer of Chains
18: Diplomacy
19: Demon Hunting
20: New Ally
22: The Thing
23: Mars, the War-Born
24: A New Era
The End, For Now

21: New Batch

1.4K 71 14
بواسطة Wordsmith-Rain

^^ Archangel Gabriel ^^

— James —

In the end, I took 20 Mages from the Vatican, and two young Squires that seemed intelligent and bright-eyed. The two Squires were for Gabriel's Companions, while the Mages were just studying with the Dragons, while also being trained by them. They knew my training methods by now, as they'd been training themselves for a while, so I trusted them with it.

But the four humans that would become the Hero's Party, they were mine.

The first thing I did was let them drink the Titan's Blood water, and wait patiently for it to work itself through them. One of them tried to die on me, but I healed her easily enough, and waited for them all to wake up.

I looked at their status' and, seeing that the younglings were all still Un-Evolved, I frowned. 'What is the criteria for that? Isn't it just age? Are humans different?'

<Humans Evolve differently, yes; when they reach 15 years old, if they haven't Awakened naturally, (a common occurrence,) they are taken to a Temple, and a priest calls for a blessing from some great being, be it a god or an angel, or maybe a Patron Saint, for Christians. A summoning ritual takes place, and the summoned creature grants a proper Class to the person.>

'... do I count as a Great Being?' I raised an eyebrow.

<In a Divine sense? Yes. As a person?...>

'Smartass. How do I go about that, then? Or should I just summon someone from their religion?'

<That would be the respectful thing to do, yes. It's a simple process; you put her in a circle of some kind, (the more powerful the better, but blood works best,) and you call down her Patron. Archangel Michael is the Patron of Heroes and Warriors, Saint Nicklaus is the Patron of Children, Saint Gabriel is Patron of Musicians and Seers, and they share a name, so that one is likely the best. The closer they are, the easier it is and the better the result.>

I nodded and knelt in front of her as they all awoke. "Hello, little ones! How do you feel?" I asked quietly.

"Better than before? But still very sore." Gabriel sighed, rolling her shoulders stiffly as the other two, slightly older, echoed her sentiments.

"Alright, well, we're going to get you all a Class, first of all, so we can start training, okay?" I asked.

She nodded, sitting up immediately. "Yes! I'm ready!!!"

"Good!" I smiled, and cut by hand, pouring my blood freely around the three of them in a trio of circles, then filling the blood with as much of my Aura as was possible, to the point that I almost passed out from exertion, which was impressive.

'Now I just... make a call? Do I dial 1-9-9 first?' I grinned.

<Someday I'm going to take great pleasure in designing a Mausoleum and Monument for you. 'MASSIVE PAIN IN MY ASS' seems fitting.>

'If it hurts that much, it obviously doesn't fit.' I smirked.

<... Make your call, or I'll make it for you.>

"Alright... we are gathered here today to witness the Ascension of these three children, into young adulthood. They will be Heroes, and they will fight a great deal, and need to learn as much as possible... as such, I would like to call on the Archangels Michael, the Guardian, Raziel, the Secret One, and Gabriel, the Harbinger. Give them the ability to Grow, to Learn, and to be Great." I asked as formally as I could muster, and forced even more energy into the circles of blood, taking my Sphinx Form and letting the circles blaze in reaction to my dense Aura, even drained as I was.

The Aura from the circles suddenly flared up and wrapped each of the children, then turned a bright golden color, instead of silver. Each of these domes of golden fire stayed in place for about five seconds, and then soaked into the bodies of the children, leaving their entire bodies covered in sleeves and patterns of Golden Tattoos. These tattoos pulsed softly, and then a creature appeared in front of each of the children, each one a little different.

A tall, golden-haired man with skin like burnt copper, (all of which was on display, as he only wore a Greek armored Skirt and some sandals,) and a greatsword made of gold settled between a set of great white wings, that must've been Michael, standing in front of Summer. In front of Marcus, a slender Archangel with long inky-black hair and pale white skin, sporting a Bow in his left hand, must've been Raziel, the Secret One. And in front of Gabriel, a woman wearing molten gold plate armor, which her large white wings somehow exited out the back of, with a large Longsword planted in the ground in front of her feet, likewise molten gold.

The female removed her helmet, and looked down at Gabriel with a smile. "Well well... I do so adore when they name the cute ones after me... but this won't do, not at all; your Soul and Body aren't aligned! I can fix that." She snapped her fingers, and young Gabriel gasped as her body physically altered, gaining muscle and also fat in several areas, though she was still very small and skinny. "There! That's all done... now I see you've got a very interesting Class Set here? All-Seeing Eyes And a Hero Seed? That's a potent mixture... now, Make a choice. What will you be?"

Gabriel took a few breaths, looking into her shirt in what I suppose she thought was a sneaky way, then grinned. "Wow! Thanks!!! And why even ask? I'm gonna be a Hero!" She laughed giddily, and the Archangels all chuckled softly.

"Such Purity... I have Faith in you, and I'll be watching, Little Gabriel. If you get strong enough, you can even take my Form in battle. I don't mind." The Archangel Gabriel smiled and pet her younger counterpart's head gently, and then a flash of gold emanated from her hand, and she was gone, but her armor and sword remained, sized suspiciously to match Gabriel's body.

Michael tsked audibly. "That brat, always doing unnecessary things... I suppose I'll have to reciprocate... you! Girl! What will you be?" He barked, looking down at Summer severely.

She grinned. "I'm a Knight!!! And the Sage says I'll be a Sage, too!"

He hummed, and nodded. "A Sage and a Knight? Paladin it is! Grow stronger, and summon my form as well, once you're able to do so." He roughly cupped her head in one massive hand, and a burst of red and copper light sent him away, leaving the white armored Skirt and greatsword behind.

'Is it normal that they're leaving those relics? Is that allowed?'

<well->

"It's rather common for Patrons of Humans to give a weapon and an armor, yes... sort of a Divine Balance, considering humans start off much weaker than Monsters and Demons." Raziel answered, somehow cutting off Thoth, which I didn't think was possible. He turned his attention to the boy, Marcus. "Yes... you're a Rogue by Nature and Talent. You are a Shadow, a Whisper, a Rumor, a Myth. I look forward to your progress, and the day when you can summon my form as your own." He touched the boy's head, and disappeared in more muted flash of dark bronze and black, leaving behind his Blackwood Bow and a slick grey and black camouflaged robe with golden stitches.

As soon as he left, all their golden tattoos faded, and they fell to the ground, hugging their weapons and snoring quietly.

<That is also common.>

"I imagine channeling the Divine is quite difficult, yes..." I hummed, checking their Status's.

<Individual: Gabriel Rosanna III
Race: Human (common)
Holy Affinity: 8th Form (Pious Queen)
-
Combat Level: 4
-
Status: Silver Titan's Blessing
-
Class: Hero Seed
Level: 1/100
Class: Choir-Girl
Level: 1/100
Class: Sword Maiden
Level: 1/100
Class: Seer
Level: 1/100
-
Blessed by the Silver Titan, Blessed by the Sage, Blessed by Archangel Gabriel, Innocent, Choir Girl, All-Seeing Eyes, Soothsayer, Vocalist, Hero Seed.>

<Individual: Marcus Bentos
Race: Human (common)
Holy Affinity: 1st Form
-
Combat Level: 4
-
Status: Silver Titan's Blessing
-
Class: Archer
Level: 1/100
Class: Squire
Level: 1/100
Class: Assassin's Seed
Level: 1/100
Class: Shadow Mage
Level: 1/100
-
Blessed by Archangel Raziel, Squire, Archer, Assassin's Seed. >

<Individual: Summer Valera
Race: Human (common)
Holy Affinity: 2nd Form
-
Combat Level: 4
-
Status: Silver Titan's Blessing
-
Class: Paladin's Squire
Level: 1/100
Class: Sage's Seed
Level: 1/100
Class: Magician
Level: 1/100
Class: White Mage Apprentice
Level: 1/100
-
Blessed by Archangel Michael, Calm One, Paladin, Sage's Seed.>

I nodded and picked up two of them, while Maria gingerly lifted Gabriel, and followed me down into the Silver Grove's root system, where all the rooms where.

I decided to place them all in a small common room with four off-shooting alcoves that were closed off with heavy soundproof curtains, for private rooms, placing each one in their own, and placing their weapons on the weapon racks next to their beds. A small knife made of silver wood, barely enough to make a sickle, was also included in their weaponry, as a sort of Swiss Army Knife-type situation.

"The church will have a field day about a female Hero, you know." Maria sighed, sitting next to me in the main area.

"The church is a stupidly corrupt organization and I couldn't care less about their opinions. When she kills a Demon Lord, they'll suddenly adore her, -and of course profess to have always adored her,- regardless." I replied dryly.

She laughed softly. "True..."

"To be clear, you're also training come morning, so get some sleep. You're just as weak as them, in my book." I shooed her off towards her own alcove, and she bowed, laying down behind the curtain. Once she was asleep, I went and prepared the training arena for smaller people.

As I was building a few 'Evil Log' type enemies for their training, Mika cleared her throat, at the end of the sand pit. "Master? Can I ask you a question?"

"You may." I nodded, slowly squeezing the cross pieces into place.

"Why did you take new students? Are we... no longer your Disciples?" She asked slowly.

I laughed incredulously, unprepared for that question. "What an odd notion! Of course you're still my Disciples, and my first Disciples at that! But a Master's life is incomplete without new minds and bodies to train and grow. You've reached the point where you can kill Demon Generals with impunity now; I count the main portion of your training done. Now it's all about fine-tuning your skills, adventuring and doing as you please, and even finding students of your own!" I explained.

She blinked slowly, and nodded. "I see... I'll let the others know they can relax a bit."

"Mm. And meet me here at dawn; I'm going to introduce you all to your new little siblings. And tell your fellows to stop worrying so much; worrying is for old people." I smiled, and returned to my work.

My new students were physically taller, with a lean musculature developed literally overnight, due to their awakenings. Still, their amazement with their new forms was overshadowed by their Awe at meeting their seniors.

Standing over the smaller humans were an array of legendary Monsters, including a Lich Dragon, a massive Orc Demon General, two Elemental Spirits, (one Earth, one Fire,) and a Spirit Knight. Other than Hallox, their bodies had become more and more human in size, as their levels rose, but they still seemed to loom over the younger students.

I grinned. "Welcome, students! Meet your elders, my first Disciples! Zoken, the Hero and Spirit Knight, Mika, the Saint and Holy Earth Spirit, Jerrod, the Lich Dragon, Necromantic ArchMage and Sage, then Maze, the Rogue and Nature/Fire Spirit, and finally Hallox, Orc Prince and Demon General of both Wrath and Gluttony, having killed two Demon Lords and taken their Domains and Minions. You, the four of you, are their successors, the next generation of my students. Understand?" I asked, drawing their attention sternly.

They nodded slowly, and even Maria looked stunned, likely by the progress of my students since she'd last seen them. It made sense; they'd gained close to 600 years' worth of levels in just a single year of training, after all.

"Good!!! Now, a demonstration, so you'll understand the Power you are reaching for, Hmm? Students, attack me." I stood in the center of the sand pit, and pulled out my sword calmly.

The younger students looked confused, but then froze in concert when their elders walked past them, their Aura's (a burnished Silver now, each of them having a small speckling of their original color spread through,) spilling out and bathing the landscape for about twenty meters around themselves.

Mika, who was the clearly strongest of them all, was physically and Stat-wise stronger than me, as her level doubled whilst she was on a mountain, and she was level 575, now.

<Individual: Mika Katachi's Level temporarily exceeds the Mortal Level Cap.
Update: Temporary Solution Acquired.
Race: <Holy Mountain Spirit> instantly Evolves into <Shrine Goddess: Yama Kami>.
Combat Level: 1150.
Time Limit: 11.5 Seconds.>

The other three were blasted away from Mika as her Aura turned into a blinding monsoon of light, and she darted forward at me with a flash of movement.

"Oh? Impressive..." I grinned, calmly dodging her first attack, then blocking the second with my forearms, as I realized I wasn't quick enough to move away in time. She knocked me back a good thirty meters, looking confused by my laughing the whole way in exhilaration.

As soon as I landed, I sprinted back at her, and my own Aura warred with hers, before I gathered mine up and imbued it into my spear, striking against hers and beginning a proper spear-fight.

The others couldn't even get close enough to us to fight before we were moving again, as I dodged around them and forced Mika to follow me to keep her fighting going.

Then the eleven seconds ended, and I halted my spear as she fell to one knee, puking suddenly.

I crinkled my nose at the smell, and patted her head as Maze pulled back her hair; the combat halted at once, which I'd have to lecture them about later. "You Alright, dear? Too much power at once?"

She groaned softly, and spat again. "It feels like... my muscles are on fire... way more than usual... it's like... our first training session." She explained between painful dry-heaves.

"Eesh, well, what's the cool-down on that Ability? Once a day?" I asked, checking her status.

<Individual: Mika Katachi
Status: Severe Exhaustion (Level Max)
Effect: Dizziness, Dull Senses, Nausea, Muscle Pain.
Physical Recovery Period: 59 minutes
Skill Recovery Period: 7 Days.>

I whistled slowly. "Ouch, a Seven Day Recovery for that skill? I guess it is very powerful, but needing to be on a mountain should be enough of a Nerf, no?"

<Considering that 70% of the Land-Mass of this World is Mountainous, and underground areas count to her as Mountainous, which means almost every dungeon that exists... no.>

"Still, she wounded you, master!" Zoken grinned, pointing at my arms.

I blinked, looking at them, and hummed at the visible breaks in my forearms, where I'd blocked her original hit. I hadn't felt it, as I was directing my body through my mind and spirit, like a tripled puppet with ethereal strings. "Indeed, she did. But the rest of you didn't even manage to engage me, while I was engaged with her, so you all should remember your training on how to fight in concert with each other! Teamwork is Imperative to Party-fighting!" I lectured them as my arms healed, and they bowed respectfully.

After that, Mika was helped to a bench, and she laid down, shivering a little, while I returned to the new students. "Now! What did everyone learn?" I asked.

"Uhm... Mountain Spirits are Crazy Strong on mountains?" Gabriel spike uncertainly, still in awe.

"True, anything else?" I nodded.

"You use a sword better than you use a spear?" She tilted her head, those gorgeous blue eyes sparkling gold around the edges.

"Oh? And how did you deduce that?" I looked at her in surprise.

"You use the spear one-handedly, most of the time, until you attack, where you reflexively bring your hands together, as if to grip a sword, before adjusting your grip to a proper Spear Grip." She nodded seriously.

I blinked slowly, and then laughed, patting her head. "You're absolutely Correct, Gabriel! That's a bad habit of mine I've had since I was a student myself! Well done! Now, pair up with your corresponding teacher, and we'll start your basic weapons training today, just some light forms training, to start... I suppose Hallox will teach the Young Sage, because you've got a two-handed Greatsword, and he uses the same type of weapon. Jerrod will teach Maria, for now, while Mika recovers."

Hallox scratched his head slowly. "You're not teaching them, Master?" His booming voice filled the courtyard.

"No, I'm still training you; teaching others is a final piece of your Mastery of any subject: a very wise man once said 'if you cannot explain a subject to an untaught child until they understand it, then you do not understand it well enough to claim Mastery of it.' Therefore, if you cannot teach a child the basic forms, you need to relearn them, again and again, until you can teach them. Once you've taught them the basics, I'll pick up and teach them the more advanced skills and such, which I can't expect you to have a true mastery of yet, with only a year of training." I explained, a rare enough occasion that they all paused in their movements, giving me their full attention.

He nodded, grinning. "Ahh, I see!!! So if I can teach someone else how to properly do forms, then that means I understand the forms! Alright, thank you for explaining, Master, I will begin immediately!!! Little one! Come with me!" He called the girl with the large golden blade after him, and walked over to a part of the sand pit where the sword targets were.

Maze nodded and dragged the young boy with the Assassin Seed after her by his collar, while Jerrod and Zoken led their new apprentices along much more gently, drawing their weapons (in wooden, unsharpened practice forms,) and letting the children hold them. They slammed to the ground immediately, and had their weight adjusted until the children could just barely wield them properly.

They didn't have enough Chi to block, really, but that was done anyway, and soon they began the actual training as I watched from above, critically examining their training techniques until night fell, when I called a halt and had the children sent to wash and then bed, after a hearty meal of meat and potatoes to give them the nutrients they needed. White apples would've been better, but I liked them not dead, so that would have to wait until they reached Level 50.

<Actually, seeing as they've drank the Titan's Blood already, they can eat the apples without dying, though it'll make them very, very sore.>

'And thus ruining the point, so no, not yet.' I refuted firmly, and meditated in the branches of the tree, monitoring the children's statuses to see when their 'Exhausted' status's went away. I needed to know how much sleep they physically required, after all, if I was going to train them around the clock until they were self-sufficient and just as powerful as my first Disciples.

The process was being fine-tuned, and starting at the first level was good, as it allowed me to build them up from the bottom, instead of completing a semi-complete disciple like my first set had been.

The moment their Exhaustion turned to 'rested', just a few minutes before my dawn ritual, I woke them all up and began the second day.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

70.9K 4.7K 51
Have you ever imagine waking up without any memories? Memories about yourself, the people you care about and your past life are all gone? Even so, yo...
23.5K 534 8
An autistic Korean American young man died saving a family who were playing Pokémon Go. Luckily for him, he reincarnates into the world of Pokémon! ...
202 19 12
.."Lucifer happens to find his mate in your clan,..And his MATE happens to be your Dearest Daughter...", All I heard was daughter, Yes I know, She ha...
86 18 17
In his boring life, he became ignorant. He also hated superheroes. Serus Desperia was a normal, ignorant student, but a sudden event happened to him...