Lacey // (The 1975 / Matty He...

By foreignmelodies

"Tell me something about you, Lace." "I don't like when you call me that." He raised his eyebrows, smirking a... More

// P R O L O G U E //
// C H A P T E R O N E //
// C H A P T E R T W O //
// C H A P T E R T H R E E //
// C H A P T E R F O U R //
// C H A P T E R F I V E //
// C H A P T E R S I X //
// C H A P T E R S E V E N //
// C H A P T E R E I G H T //
// C H A P T E R N I N E //
// C H A P T E R T E N //
// C H A P T E R E L E V E N //
// C H A P T E R T W E L V E //
// C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N //
// C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N //
// C H A P T E R F I F T E E N //
// C H A P T E R S I X T E E N //
// C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N //
// C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N //
// C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N //
// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y //
// C H A P T E R T W EN T Y - O N E //
// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O //
// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E //
// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E //
// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X //
// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N //
// E P I L O G U E //

// C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R //

6.3K 139 91
By foreignmelodies

Lacey lay on the hotel bed, letting herself succumb to the sleep that was trying to pull her in. She was drained from the flight, not a single bit of energy left in her to move or even speak. It was as if the flight had exhausted her completely, or had it been what Matty with his inflight entertainment? She couldn’t quite tell, but then again she didn’t care enough to think about it more deeply. All she knew for sure was one thing: there was no way she was leaving this bed again today – no matter what she might miss or whom she might anger.

Just as she was slowly drifting off into a peaceful slumber, she felt a body plop down right next to her causing both the bed and her to wobble slightly at the sudden impact.

“Lace, it’s time for our soundcheck. Wake up, love.” The soft voice of the man she adored so much lulled her out of the last bit of sleep she was grasping on to.

She shook her head softly, not wanting to waste any more energy than needed on the action, as she mumbled, “I’m so tired. I want sleep.”

His hand stroked through her hair, smoothing down the few turquoise strands that had moved in every direction but the one they were supposed to move in, “Come on. I’ll carry you and you can sleep some more during soundcheck.”

She turned to her side and nuzzled her head into the pillow, not willing to give up this personal piece of fluffy heaven she had attained just moments ago, “I’m so tired.” She repeated her words from before, as if they were the only thing she was absolutely sure of in that moment.

“I don’t want to leave you here.” Matty mumbled as he lay down beside her and wrapped his arms around her from behind, her small body carving perfectly into his own, slightly bigger one, “Where is all this tiredness even coming from?” He chuckled lightly, thinking back to her pleasured face during their flight - all thanks to his handiwork.

Her body immediately responded to his and she nestled herself against him, her butt pressing against his groin out of pure innocent sleepiness on her end, though it may not have seemed so innocent on his, “Flight was exhausting.”

A smirk formed on his lips as he heard her say that and he slowly let his hand trail downwards to her thighs, an area they had already explored quite well that day, “Hm why’s that?”

Not up to playing games she simply mumbled, “You.”

“I?” He questioned as if he didn’t know what she was talking about, absolutely endeared by this sleepy Lacey that was even more innocent than her awake version.

“Fingered me.” She breathed out, close to falling back into the sleep that had been stolen from her seconds ago, “A lot.”

A burst of laughter came out of Matty’s mouth due to her choice of words, “I fingered you a lot?” He questioned as he calmed down a bit, his eyebrows raised though of course, she couldn’t see that through her closed eyelids.

“Mhh…” She hummed out happily, a smile forming on her lips at the memory, “It was nice.”

She felt him laugh against her neck, before his lips landed on it and placed a soft kiss there, “God Lace.” He smirked when his laughter had died down, “You sound like you’re drunk. Let’s go get you up.”

Shaking her head wildly, still with her eyes shut tightly she said sternly, “No. I want sleep.”

“And I want to fuck you.” He shrugged as he sat up, though she – again - couldn’t see him, “Do we always get what we want? No. So stop whining and get up.”

And with that he pulled her body into his arms before throwing her over his shoulder and carrying her towards the door meanwhile ignoring her vehement protests. He honestly didn’t care much about her wanting nothing but sleep, even if he did find her sleepy self quite adorable. There was no way he wouldn’t make her come with them to the show. After all, she didn’t fly all the way to Norway with them just to lie in a bed alone, not taking advantage of the opportunity to explore a new country and its culture. He was certain that the normal Lacey – the one that wasn’t acting like a drunk teenager due to tiredness – would kill him if he let her stay in there, or at least that’s what he told himself to make himself feel better while Lacey threw all kinds of cursewords at him.

“Matty, stop. I fucking want to sleep. Stop being such a narcissistic dickhead.” She whined, suddenly wide awake.

He laughed lightly, still not setting her down as he pressed the button for the elevator to come, “You surely don’t look like you’re tired anymore, love.”

“Stop calling me ‘love’. I hate you.” She exclaimed, struggling with her arms and legs, which was supposed to make it impossible for Matty to keep her hung over his shoulder – but for some reason it didn’t quite seem to work.

“Mhm, sure you do.” He hummed as the elevator arrived and he got both of them in, ignoring the looks the other people who were wanting to get to the ground floor as well gave them.

She looked around at the people staring at her, five pairs of eyes fixated on her face – though , ,she thought, that was probably the better option than having her butt hang into their goggling eyes.

“Matty, please let me down.” She whispered softly and he could immediately tell she was embarrassed, that she felt odd with the other passengers looking at her.

“Promise you will stop acting like a child?” He questioned, though he knew her fight was over and she was back to being the normal version of herself – or at least the version she played for everybody else but him and well, maybe Ella.

“Promise.” She mumbled and let out a breath of relief as she felt the floor beneath her feet again.

Not waiting one second longer she snuggled into Matty’s chest, escaping the stares of all the strangers, “That was so embarrassing.” She muttered, the sound muffled by his shirt.

He shook his head at her, not understanding how something this small could get her to be this flustered. He couldn’t comprehend how the thoughts of complete and utter strangers could matter so much to her, how they could have the power to make her feel uncomfortable with herself. In his opinion, no one should be able to make her feel that way, no matter how much she cared about them or how deeply she wanted their approval.

Trying to prove a point and lighten the mood, he turned around to the strangers that still wore amused looks on their faces, “Isn’t this one a firecracker?” He smirked as he let his arms engulf Lacey, who was still hiding herself in his embrace.

“You two make a very lovely couple.” A nice old lady in the back smiled at him and was immediately supported by a younger female who was there with her husband so it seemed, “I agree, how long have you two been dating?”

“Since the start of October.” Matty responded, though of course this was utterly false. Beginning of October Lacey had still been in the ‘everything Matty says to me makes me blush immensely’ – phase, her insecurity only washing off later on in their odd relationship.

The elevator made a pling! Noise, which was supposed to signalize that they had finally arrived at their designated stop. Immediately, the people inside the elevator were stepping outside, eager to get out of the stuffy space inside, but the older lady stayed behind a bit longer, in order to wink at Lacey who was also trying to push out of the small room that had caused her a bit too much embarrassment, “You shouldn’t be shy, darling –  I mean look at you!” She squealed in an old lady voice and Lacey immediately felt her heart flutter in adoration, “I love that rocking turquoise.”

With that she left the elevator herself, leaving a dumbfounded Lacey to trudge out as well before the doors closed, “Rocking turquoise?” She mumbled to herself, before cracking a small smile.

Matty rolled his eyes at her, “That’s the only thing you caught from that whole scene?”

She looked at him, unable to decipher what else she might have been supposed to feel – after all rocking turquoise was a pretty cool compliment – wasn’t it?

“Well yeah, that and that you’re an asshole, but I kind of already knew that.” She shrugged nonchalantly, not quite sure if she meant it jokingly or not herself.

He laughed lightly at that, before turning back serious again, “You did realize that none of those people judged you, right? You thought they were, but all they were thinking about was what a nice couple we are.”

“Which we aren’t.” She stated, unwilling to go into a deep philosophical talk with Matty, which sometimes could be quite hard seeing how that was pretty much all he wanted to do all day. Well that and receive blo+wjobs, that is.

“That’s beside the point.” He shook his head, before stopping the both of them on their way to the van that was waiting for them, in order to be able to look her in the eyes, “My point is, no matter what your head might tell you all those people might think about you, it’s oftentimes not true and even in the rare cases that it is: it doesn’t matter.” He shrugged and started walking towards the van again, opening the door as he looked back to see her trudging behind slowly, probably thinking about his words.

“I know.” She mumbled quietly as she slipped past him and into the van, “It’s just hard.”

“Well, it shouldn’t be.” He stated simply and took her hand in his as he greeted the other guys and well, Ella who again looked at him with an unamused expression on her face.

“You guys look like you have been fighting.” She observed the two of them with Lacey so obviously sunken into her thoughts while Matty seemed to have no care in the world at all, as always.

George let out an exasperated sigh, surprising them all with his next statement, “God, El. Even if they were it’s none of your fucking business.”

Now it was Lacey’s turn to snap her head up, “Don’t talk to her like that.”

“Are we switching sides now or what?” He chuckled lightly, before taking one of his hands off of the steering wheel to intertwine it with Ella’s, “I just really don’t want this tour filled with bickering.”

Lacey nodded and relaxed as her friend took her boyfriend’s hand gently, apparently not hurt by his harsh choice of words, “Agreed.”

Unable to let the subject drop, Ella asked again, “But you’re alright, yeah?”

“I’m fine.” The other girl nodded earnestly and suddenly Adam chimed in.

“She is.” He nodded, his eyes fixated on her, “When she’s mad or sad she won’t look anybody in the eyes, but she is doing that now, so she’s fine.”

Matty’s head snapped into Adam’s direction, his mouth suddenly drawn into a thin line, “And how do you know this about my girlfr-“ He stopped himself and quickly corrected his mistake, “my girl?”

Adam rolled his eyes at Matty’s once again very prominent over-protectiveness, “Believe it or not, I have eyes that actually notice things.”

I’ve never noticed that and I believe I’m around her a bit more often than you are or is there something going on here that I don’t know about?” His eyes flickered from Adam to Lacey and back to Adam, trying to analyze if there was any sign of a romantic connection between those two.

Putting on a serious expression, something Adam was incredibly good at, seeing how he was either doing a) that or b) smile shyly, he stated, “Oh yeah, Lacey and I fuck behind your back. Right L?”

Even though she could see Matty was not amused by his statement, she simply couldn’t help but play along with Adam’s game – especially since it was very well possible that it might show Matty just how ridiculous he was acting, “God, yes. What we did in the plane before? You know when I went to the toilet?” She dropped her mouth open in fake awe, “Amazing.

Matty’s hands balled into fists, but he made them relax soon again, not willing to fall for their little tricks. He determined that he wasn’t going to give them the satisfaction of showing how much hearing about Lacey doing things with other men bothered him - regardless of whether or not those statements were true.

Instead, he leaned back in his seat and folded his arms across his chest, mumbling, “I think I’d know if some guy’s dick had been inside your pussy, Lace. Wasn’t as if I wasn’t constantly touching it, eh?”

While Lacey’s head immediately turned red in embarrassment, just as he had thought it would, Ella and the others burst out laughing.

“You didn’t actually finger her on a plane, mate?” Ross asked in between fits of laughter.

Matty simply shrugged, a smirk still resting on his lips, “Was a good way to pass time.”

“God.” George shook his head still laughing, quickly glancing away from the road to look at Ella, “Wish I had thought of that.”

“As if I would have let you do that on a plane.” Ella shook her head, disturbed by the idea of being fingered in such a public setting, before she turned to face Lacey, “Was it enjoyable at least?”

“Oh you should have seen her-“ Matty started, but was interrupted by Lacey perking up – having had enough of him thinking he could just talk on and on about their sex life without her having a say in it. Two can play this game, she thought.

“It was amazing, I wasn’t as scared of flying anymore since I had other things on my mind.” She smiled fakely at Matty, before pouting mockingly, “Wish I could have done the same thing to him, though he prefers blowjobs over handjobs. It’s actually quite cute, when he comes he always says ‘Lace’ as if I’m the only thing he can think of, isn’t that right love?” She spat out his designated pet name for her.

He raised his eyebrows at her amusedly, “Should I feel embarrassed by that? Because, love” He smirked, “I don’t.”

She felt her confidence fall away again, wondering how on earth she had been stupid enough to think that she could make Matthew Healy feel uncomfortable over something like sex – after all he was Matthew Healy, the guy who wrote songs about sex. She wished she could get him to feel flustered as well, to have the same effect on him as he did on her – not only when they got intimate with each other. She wanted him to care about her opinion, to turn red when she called him out on something, to not always be the one who so clearly had the upper hand in their relationship.

“When I give George a blowjob, all he says is ‘fuck’, which is quite unromantic I might add.” Ella suddenly announced, throwing everyone off by announcing something so personal in such a Matty-esque way.

George shrugged, not at all affected by being called out on his choice of words during his blissful moments, “It’s an expression of lust, baby. It just rolls off my lips.”

“I don’t even know what I say when I come during a bj, care to try it out later Lacey?” Adam winked at her knowing she needed something to cheer her up seeing how now she was actually avoiding everyone’s eyes – including his.

She smiled thankfully at the guy she had spoken so little to, but had already become so fond of before breathing out a sultry “I would love to.”

The dark-haired man next to her simply chuckled as he put his arm around her and whispered in her ear, “You will have to make up for this later, love. I don’t like being jealous.”

Surprised, she looked at him and quietly asked him, “You’re jealous?”

“So fucking much.” He muttered into her hair before placing a rough kiss in it.

~*~

Lacey quickly grew bored of watching the guys during soundcheck – not because she didn’t enjoy the music, but simply because she missed the whole concert vibe. It was obvious that they weren’t as into it with Matty singing in a soft voice, George having Ella seated on his lap during drumming and even with Adam looking off into the distance and missing a few chords caused by being lost in his own thoughts. It was as if they didn’t want to give it their all, as if they reserved their best for when their fans came around and it was actually time to perform. Therefore, Lacey decided to leave her designated space at the bar (which seemed to be where she always wound up sitting at their concerts) and decided to go explore – after all she was in Norway and she surely wasn’t going to be around again anytime soon.

Stepping outside of the door, she was immediately greeted by the horde of fans lining up since 6am to see their favorite band from up close. She could feel herself shy away immediately, tons of thoughts running through her mind: oh my god, do they know who I am? If so, do they all hate me? Are some of them crazy enough to kill me? before Matty’s words echoed through her mind, telling her that how she might think others perceived her was oftentimes far from the reality.

Deciding to let it go and ask one of them if they could give her a tip as to what the main sights were in Oslo, she trudged over to a friendly looking girl, who had the most gorgeous long red-brown hair she had ever seen.

“Uhm, hi.” She smiled shyly at the girl in front of her, hoping she was acquainted enough with the English language to understand and communicate with her – though she was fairly certain Norway’s education system had that covered, “I was wondering if you could tell me cool sights I need to visit while here? Soundcheck’s quite boring, so I thought I’d just go and explore instead.”

“Oh hi.” The girl smiled friendly at her, before extending her hand, “I’m Mariell, you’re Lace right? Matty posted a picture of you on Instagram once and everyone just completely freaked out.” She chuckled, before going back to the question she had been asked, “You should try and go to the Vigeland Sculpture Park – it’s gorgeous there! Though I don’t get why you would want to miss the soundcheck, I would do anything to be in there.”

“Okay, wait, wait –“ Lacey held up her hands, her brain having stopped at the fact that there was apparently a picture of her running through the world wide web, which she didn’t even know about, “What picture?”

Mariell looked at her a bit surprised, “Oh you haven’t seen? Let me show you.” She rummaged through her small bag, which was the perfect size for a concert before retrieving her phone and quickly going onto Matty’s Instagram, “There.”

Lacey stared at the phone that was held up in front of her face and was greeted by a picture of her seemingly staring off into the distance while the caption read ‘// i lost myself in those indecisive eyes //.

Shaking her head she looked up at the girl in front of her, a look of horror on her face, “That is so fucking weird.”

“You think so?” Mariell chuckled and gestured towards all the girls around them, “We all would die if that were us. You’re so lucky to be his girlfriend.”

“Oh, I’m not his girlfriend.” Lacey corrected her, then sighed not wanting to get into the conversation – simply because it sometimes even seemed too complicated for herself, “So Viglund Sculpture Park, is that what it’s called?”

Mariell grinned, apparently amused by Lacey’s wrong pronounciation, “Vigeland. Just ask people on your way, everyone knows where it is.”

Lacey smiled at her gratefully, “Thanks so much Mariell, see you later maybe!”

After her saying goodbye in response she made her way down the street, before she suddenly had an idea, “Hey Mariell?” She shouted and the girl with the beautiful long hair turned to look at her.

“Yeah?” She yelled back as Lacey made her way upwards again, in order to not have to shout anymore.

As she reached her, she questioned with a smile on her lips already knowing that her answer would be yes, “Do you wanna go and listen to the soundcheck for me? I mean, me leaving sort of makes it only fair to let one in, doesn’t it?”

“Oh my god.” Mariell exclaimed as her hands flew to her mouth in shock and utter happiness, “Yes, yes, yes!” She squealed, jumping up and down before pulling Lacey into a tight hug, “Thank you so much, Lacey. Oh god, you are such an angel.”

The turquoise-haired girl laughed at her excitement as she took her with her to the main entrance where two security guards had been advised to always let Lacey pass whenever she wanted to, “I’m really no angel.” She muttered as they reached the scary looking guys, one of them already eyeing Mariell as if she was an intruder, “Hey guys.” She smiled brightly, “I just recognized my friend here in the crowd and I really want Matty to meet her, is that alright?”

“We are only advised to let you in, miss.” One of the bulky men said curtly, already showing where he stood on the topic of letting Mariell inside, that being no.

Lacey smiled, trying to hide her nervousness as she shrugged, “I’m sure Matty and the boys wouldn’t mind. Can we go in now?”

“Miss, we can’t.” The same guy stated again, obviously not pleased by her attitude.

“I’m sorry, what was your name again?” She asked him sweetly and waited for him to reply with ‘Simon’ before she continued, “Well, Simon. Do you really want Matty to come out here with all these fangirls around? It would cause for a proper uproar and that would mean quite a lot of work for you two. We don’t want that, do we?”

The other security guard suddenly chimed in, probably being the lazier one, “She has a point, let them in.”

“Fine.” Simon muttered gruffly, before opening the door, “If there is any problem, it’s all on you, miss.”

“I’m fine with that.”  She nodded as the two of them walked in.

As soon as Mariell heard Matty’s voice through the speaker, her face changed completely. The smile she had plastered on her face just moments ago for the sake of passing Simon, turned into an o-shape – as if she couldn’t believe this was actually happening. It seemed as if she couldn’t believe that she had actually gotten the chance to meet the one guy she admired more than anything – not only for his looks like other fans might, but also for his eloquence and the way his words could touch her. She wasn’t like some of the other fangirls who screamed vulgar things at him even during the most emotional performances, such as during Is there somebody who can watch you? Instead, she was at this concert to not only show them her support, but also her gratitude for helping her through some rough times along the way and always giving her hope to go on.

Lacey couldn’t help but smile at the girl’s reaction. She had to admit, there were many things about Matty’s job that set her off: the sometimes too loudly screaming fans, the way he had to flirt with girls when they told him to ‘fuck’ them, simply to not hurt their feelings and of course, the constant touring. But seeing Mariell in that moment, looking so completely awestruck and happy – almost as if she was close to tears due to being able to meet her very own idol – filled her heart with joy.

“Lace, is that you back there?” Matty’s voice suddenly spoke through the speakers, interrupting the poppy tune he had been singing and of course, throwing everyone else off as well.

Grabbing Mariell’s hand, she walked towards the stage, pulling the girl with her, “Yeah it’s me.” She said as soon as she was in earshot.

Noticing the other girl and her shocked expression, Matty sat down on the edge of the stage quickly kissing Lacey before smiling at the brown-haired beauty, “And who is this lovely lady?”

Not even caring about him charming the girl, simply because she suddenly wanted nothing more than to make her happy, she explained, “This is Mariell. I wanted to go out sightseeing and asked her for advice and she was a sweetheart, so I thought I’d bring her in here.”

“It’s lovely to meet you, Mariell.” Matty said softly as he hopped down from the stage and pulled her into a hug, “Though I must say, I’d much rather have you both stay here. We’re almost done with soundcheck and then we can all just hang backstage, does that sound alright?” He asked the Norwegian girl beside him, his arm still draped loosely around her shoulder.

“That’s more than alright with me.” She nodded eagerly, before shaking her head with a smile on her lips, “I can’t believe this is happening. Thank you so much, Lacey.”

She hugged the girl again, simply because she had no other way of expressing her complete gratitude, before something popped into her mind again and she turned to Matty, “Lacey said you two weren’t dating? What’s up with that?! Why wouldn’t you want to date her?!”

He laughed wholeheartedly, thinking that this had to be the first time a fan ever wanted him to date someone other than herself, before he replied, “We will discuss that later, now we need to finish up here.”

With that, he hopped back up on stage and did exactly what he said he would do. Only this time, he didn’t just breathe out the words softly. This time, he gave it his all performing for his fan, even if it was only one. After all, they were all that mattered in the end, they were the reason he could do what he loved, they were the reason he sometimes felt that bliss of complete and utter happiness.

Well, them and Lacey.

A/N: So this is quite long, eh? I've had a day with nothing to do (it's a public holiday over here and everything is closed) and yeah, I wrote this chapter. It didn't really go anywhere again, but I've actually got a plan now as to how to get to the end. So even if it all seems random in this chapter, bear with me and I hope you enjoy anyways. Also, I've got a few questions, so here we go:

1) does Matty's behavior sometimes seem random to you? Like he goes from being lovely, to being an arse? If so, is that weird or good? 

2) Does Ella seem like a bitch and you want to slap her? I didn't want her to come out that way, but rereading it I always get annoyed with her

3) Does anyone know someone who could make me a cover for this story? I don't really like the current one

and finally, 4) do you all know any fanfictions (Matty or any other The 1975 guy) I could read? I wanna have a relaxed evening in my bed and that'd be perfect - so please message me if you know a good one (please also be cocky and send me your own if it's a work of art haha) 

anyhow, happy day of German reunion to y'all - bless the city I'm now living in to have made it all go down peacefully. adios, m x 

p.s. 6.5k reads is insane and 300+ votes even insane-r - I love you all, you don't know how happy that makes me :) x 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 34 11
During the flight, her tears dry up and she feels numb. She tries to pinpoint when she and Matty fell so out of touch with each other and there's no...
ACHES By 64yrsold

Fanfiction

5K 90 29
"You're pretty," his fingertips found my jawline, "When you cry." "Only then?" I smirked, lip quivering. My skin warmed where he touched me. He licke...
92K 1.4K 22
//COMPLETE // ---- " Look at him" I chuckled with a wide smile as I studied Matty and Adam dancing around in circles with their guitars, practicing a...
37.1K 1.6K 39
Matty thought he knew himself, but after an unexpected breakup and a surprising proposal from his best friend, he finds his preconceived notions shat...