✯Twisted Minds [Tomura Shigar...

By colorgasm

Y/n was your typical average person. Kind, a little on the shy side and an active member of her community. Sh... More

Meeting
Week with a Villain
Welcome to the League of Villains
Probation
Recruitment
Desensitized
Homesick
Death of a Hero
A Much Needed Break
A Night Out
Conflicted
Bleed for Me
Scouting
Break In
Sent Away
Broken Down but Still Alive
Sink or Swim
Distant
Hideout Hunting
Sleight of Hand
Help Me Understand
Girls' Night
Damaged
Bedridden
Hell on Earth
Escape
New Beginnings
Supply Run
Revenge
Recovery
Stabbing Lessons
Progress
Level Up
A Different Kind of Practice
Royalty
Insecurities
❗Keep Moving Forward
Stalling for Time
Hate
Time Apart
Boredom
❗People Watching
❗Lust
Heart-to-Heart
A Step Forward
Seperation Anxiety
🍋Hate and Love
Jealousy
Target Aquired
Preparations
One Final Night
Tartarus
Left Behind
Hope for the Future
Final Author's Note
Announcement

A Cry for Help

18.3K 766 1.3K
By colorgasm

Y/n was at a loss for words. She went from being an average person with a job she adored, friends and family y/n loved, and a quirk she despised. Whether it be fate or horrible luck, she was now technically a member of The League of Villains. Shigaraki hasn't asked her to do anything for The League yet. However, she already felt like a horrible person.

Y/n was living in a blur. She spent all day huddled under her bed covers, not wanting to do anything but sleep and zone out. Minutes turned into hours and days turned into weeks.

Every day had become just like the day before. She'd wake up in denial. Those were the parts of y/n's day that she'd look forward to most of all. Then the reality sinks in, causing y/n to shut down and cry to herself. Once she ran out of tears to shed, she'd stare at the wall until she eventually fell back asleep to continue the cycle the next day.

Y/n would break the cycle for very few things. She'd get out of bed if she had to use the restroom, or until she got so hungry, y/n almost felt like dying. Y/n had tried to go to work at first, but she just couldn't. After a few days, y/n stopped caring. She couldn't remember when was the last time she went to work.

After several days, the doorbell would ring regularly. Four pm, on the dot. Y/n had a few guesses as to who it could be. She tried to ignore the doorbell, but eventually, y/n caved in and decided to take a look at who would be at her door. Who would want to see League of Villain scum like me?

Still huddled in her comforter and her hair a mess, y/n forced herself out of bed. She answered the door. "Y/n?" a familiar voice called out lovingly. Y/n looked at the dark-haired girl standing in front of her.

"Hello, Aya," y/n said in a dull tone. She could see Aya looking at her up and down. Y/n guessed that Aya was probably thrown off by her appearance. Y/n still had her bedhead, her eyes swelled from tears, she had some eye goop that she didn't bother to wipe away, and it has probably been a day or two since the last time she had showered; but who's counting. Aya invited herself inside and wrapped her arms around y/n tightly. Y/n could hear her sniffle in your ear.

"Where have you been girly? You haven't gone to work in weeks. Everyone has been asking about you. I've been so worried." Y/n could hear the mix of sadness and relief in her voice. Y/n considered apologizing. She felt awful, allowing her best friend to suffer because y/n was in a depressive slump. Then that little thought nagging at y/n's mind came back: she was a member of The League of Villains.

Y/n didn't deserve Aya's kindness or friendship because Shigaraki had taken away her old life. Any day now, Shigaraki was going to force y/n to do something horrific, and there was little anyone could do about it. Shigaraki promised that her involvement in The League would reduce casualties, even if that were true, people were still going to die because of her actions. "Sorry," y/n mumbled under her breath, trying to choke back her tears and swallow her sadness.

"I don't know what's going on with you." Aya's hug tightened. "Come on, let's go do something. Get some coffee, go to the park, anything! When was the last time you've been outside?"

Willing to humor Aya's question, y/n thought about it and attempted to count how many times she has slept. "A week, maybe two." Aya pulled y/n's hand, practically begging to go outside while informing y/n that she's been locked up in her room for three and a half weeks. Y/n pulled her hand away from Aya. "I don't feel like it. I'm sorry."

Aya frowned, her green eyes felt like they were looking into y/n's soul. "If you insist. Please, visit me soon. I'm worried about you." Y/n stayed quiet, averting her e/c eyes away from Aya's. "I love you."

"Yeah," y/n mumbled sadly; "me too."

Things were awkward. Y/n couldn't possibly close the door in Aya's face, even though she both did and didn't want Aya to leave. It seemed like Aya took the hint. She waved goodbye with the most pathetic frown on her face before turning around and walking away. Y/n watched Aya walk away for a moment before closing the door.

Tears welled up in her eyes. She wanted to run outside and apologize to Aya and explain the whole thing, but y/n feared she'd put Aya in danger if she let her know about The League.

"Oh, Aya," she mumbled under her breath before sitting down on the couch and huddling in a ball. Y/n, barely having the energy to walk back to her room, drifted back to sleep on the sofa once again.

Y/n's eyes fluttered open. She looked out the window. She could see the sky peppered with stars outside. As usual, she wondered how many hours she had been sleeping before deciding that it genuinely didn't matter. The only thing that mattered to her was when Shigaraki was going to show up next. When was the beginning of the end of her innocence?

He said he was going to come to see her one more time before y/n would have to work more closely with other members of The League. So, where was he? Maybe he forgot about me? Perhaps he has other things to do? Y/n stopped herself. There was her bout of denial of the day.

Not having the energy even to sit up. Y/n decided she'd instead go back to bed, though she had just woken up. No more than ten minutes passed before her eyes shot open and she sat up, suddenly feeling a boost of energy. What would happen if I talked to IronStrike about all this?

Y/n hesitated to tell IronStrike anything. Shigaraki has killed plenty of active heroes before, and y/n would hate herself if she got that sweet man hurt or killed for her dumb decisions. The whole town would be heartbroken if the local hero died.

A thought crossed Y/n's mind. Maybe IronStrike could call for reinforcements? A few heroes from nearby cities would surely come and assist IronStrike if y/n promised to help them arrest The League of Villains.

Y/n was convinced that's what she needed to do. Y/n scolded herself for just slipping into a depressive slump for weeks and falling prey to her feeling of helplessness. She mentally cursed herself for not alerting the authorities sooner. She was just so caught up in the shock and depression that she wasn't thinking straight. Finding herself feeling much more energized, y/n stood up and made herself something to eat.

"You know, should we be concerned about her friend?" the well-spoken villain with the top hat asked his much younger leader. Shigaraki and two of his comrades were standing out in the distance, keeping a close eye on y/n's house. "We've been watching her house for weeks, she hasn't even stepped one foot out of her house. Fortunately, I think your guess might be incorrect, Shigaraki. It looks like she's going to go along with us after all."

Shigaraki crossed his arms across his chest and gave it some thought. "No, that's not it. I know it. Compress, get her friend." The masked villain, known as Mister Compress, bowed theatrically and walked off into town. 

Shigaraki knew Mister Compress was slightly familiar with Aya's daily schedule. The villains have seen her stop by y/n's house, they knew she showed up every day after four pm, right after work. Then she'd go back to her house, which was only down the street. Shigaraki was confident the masked villain could quickly and quietly snatch up the girl. Shigaraki's attention moved to Twice. "We need to keep a close eye on her. I have a bad feeling."

"Your gut feelings have been wrong before, no, they're always right," Twice replied before clearing his throat. "Are you absolutely sure? This seems like a waste of time. I wanna go home, man."

"Shut up," Shigaraki demanded; "if you want to go home, then go ahead. I'll just keep Compress around. We need to be in pairs around her." Shigaraki had brought Twice as a precaution. Twice's quirk, Double, was a perfect counter to y/n's quirk. His ability to make clones meant that he was technically never alone.

"I'm staying!" Twice announced as he waved goodbye to Shigaraki. "I think your gut feeling is wrong this time around." The young leader watched him walk off into the distance until he eventually disappeared into the horizon. Shigaraki grumbled to himself about Twice needing to show more respect while he waited for Compress to return.

"Where did Twice go?" Compress asked as he approached Shigaraki. The theatrical villain had been gone for an hour. During the whole time, Compress saw no evidence that y/n had any plans on leaving her house.

"Home," Shigaraki growled; "did you get the girl?"

Compress nodded his head and held out his hand. A small turquoise marble shone in the moonlight in his hand. He glanced over to Shigaraki from under his mask. "I'll stay for a while. However, I'm going to close the stage curtains after tomorrow."

Shigaraki shrugged. "Do whatever you want." Shigaraki crouched down to the ground and yawned, his eyes glued to y/n's house.

The remaining pair of villains took turns watching y/n's door, waiting for the h/c haired girl to finally leave her house. Shigaraki stayed up during the night, and Compress kept an eye out for y/n during the day.

Compress suggested that Shigaraki should take a short nap during the day, but his stubborn leader refused. Instead, he sat under a tree and resorted to making up a little game for himself. He'd grab falling leaves and disintegrate them with his quirk, Decay, as he caught them. He must be just as bored as I am.

Compress huffed, catching Shigaraki's attention. Shigaraki had to know that  Compress was feeling mentally exhausted. It had been three weeks of staying out in the elements watching a house that showed almost no signs of life. Suddenly, Compress's attention perked up.

Shigraki sat up and stretched his arms out in front of him. "So, she finally left her house?" Shigaraki asked. Compress nodded. "Well, you know what to do."

Mister Compress used his quirk, Compress, on his much younger leader. A small turquoise marble landed onto the ground where Shigaraki once sat, and the theatrical villain picked up the little ball and shoved it in his pocket. He pulled off his masks and neatly tucked them away in his coat's inner pocket.

Compress walked quickly, trying to keep up with his new comrade. He tried his best to keep his distance while still being in earshot of the girl. He studied y/n as he trailed her, she walked right by the police station. Where does she think she's going?

Y/n took several twists and turns around the small town. Eventually, Mister Compress followed her into a park. Up ahead, the villain spotted the local hero. Mister Compress used every trick in his book to stay out of sight while he listened in on y/n.

He watched as y/n waved the hero over. Mister Compress heard her talk to the hero. "Hey, Mr. Ironstrike. Do you mind if we sit down and talk." The villain noted that y/n's voice cracked. He could tell just by a glance that y/n looked distressed even though she was clearly trying to stay calm and collected. Reading body language was one of his many specialties.

The hero agreed to talk to y/n, and they sat down at a bench. Mister Compress slipped the little marble out of his pocket and undid his quirk's effect.

Shigaraki manifested from the little orb. Both Shigaraki and Mister Compress stayed low to the ground, listening in on y/n's conversation with IronStrike.

Mister Compress looked to his leader, waiting for an order. He noticed Shigaraki was looking at y/n intently. "She's going to lie about something. Let's get a little closer," he heard Shigaraki say in a low tone. Compress did as his leader said and stealthily made his way closer to the girl and the hero.

Y/n and IronStrike sat side by side. She hesitated to say anything to IronStrike. Y/n wondered how she should start this conversation with the hero. She could come clean and undo her quirk's effect that was still on him and tell him the truth about protecting Shigaraki not once but twice. Y/n swallowed hard, as much as she wanted to admit to that, she also didn't want to get herself in any trouble.

Y/n decided the best way to get around admitting to her previous other two lies would be to spin yet another lie. She hated that she had to do this to him for the third time. Y/n despised that she had to keep piling lies on top of lies. This was the nature of her quirk.

"So," y/n began, trying to think of what to say. "A couple of weeks ago. A member of The League of Villains talked to me," y/n let out a sigh; "he threatened me and forced me to join The League."

Y/n sat silent and looked up at IronStrike. He had a look of complete shock and horror on his face. Y/n could tell that he was not prepared for y/n's story. "Did they hurt you? Are you okay?" he asked in a desperate tone, placing his hands on her shoulders.

"I'm fine. I said what I had to say. To keep me alive, you know?" y/n said, averting her eyes away from the hero. She felt much better talking to IronStrike about this mess, but she felt guilty that she was bending the truth. Y/n reminded herself that she was going to be okay. Surely more heroes will stop by and protect me from The League.

"Don't you worry. I'll keep you under surveillance at the police station. I'll get more heroes. I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe, Ms. l/n." He looked into her eyes intently. Y/n was well familiar with that love-struck look in his eyes. As much as she didn't want to encourage IronStrike, out of fear that he might actually propose one of these days, y/n couldn't help but smile at the hero and thank him.

Y/n looked kept her eyes in IronStrike's direction, but her gaze moved behind the hero. Off in the distance, she spotted Shigaraki and his comrade standing with Aya in their arms. Shigaraki had a hand placed on Aya's head, a lone finger hovering over her. Y/n held her breath as she studied Aya's face. Rightfully so, she looked horrified.

Y/n knew what Shigaraki wanted in exchange for Aya's life. Y/n's heart sank as she cleared her throat, she could override the lie she told IronStrike with another lie as long as it's been less than thirty minutes between the two.

"Actually, Mr. IronStrike. I have to tell you the truth. I was just joking about the whole thing." Y/n had a bitter tone in her voice as she took everything back. She was close to being safe. What remained of her hope got ripped right out of her hands.

IronStrikes face fell flat for a moment, and y/n's quirk took effect. The hero gave y/n the sternest look he's ever given her. "Honestly, y/n, that's in poor taste. Joking about meeting The League of Villains after their Nomu monsters destroyed a part of Shinitori city. At the same time, they broke into all those blood banks."

Y/n looked away, taking the scolding in full stride. "Sorry," she mumbled, sounding not too pleased with the turn of events.

"If you excuse me, I need to continue my patrol," he said, standing up. Y/n nodded and apologized one last time.

Y/n sat motionless as she waited for IronStrike to walk away. She waited a few extra minutes before standing to her feet and running towards Aya. The two villains still had their hands on Aya. That didn't stop y/n from wrapping her arms around her friend.

"Are you okay?" y/n asked, entirely blind-sighted for the fact that Aya was still technically in danger. Aya sniffled. "It's okay, I'm here," y/n said in a soft and caring tone. She placed her hand on Aya's cheek and looked into her green eyes. "I'll get you out of this, I swear. Stay brave, you're doing so good."

Aya silently sniffled again, y/n's heart sank, seeing the usually happy-go-lucky Aya so miserable. Aya shouldn't have to suffer from y/n's mistakes.

Y/n looked at Shigaraki. "What do I have to do to get you to let her go?"

"Use your quirk on her, of course," Shigaraki replied. Y/n held her breath. That was it? Y/n would say whatever lie she needed to tell if it meant Aya was safe.

"Y-your quirk?" Aya asked; "but y/n is quirkless." Y/n frowned at Aya's words.

Y/n had said that to Aya, she was quirkless, she tells everyone that lie whenever she meets anyone. That was y/n's only exception to her No Lying Policy. She couldn't admit to having a quirk, it would cancel out her quirk's effect.

"That's right," y/n began, focusing all her attention on Aya. "I'm quirkless. I'm so sorry. These are... friends of mine pulling a prank."

Aya's face looked emotionless while y/n's quirk took effect. Aya blinked and came to. "That's an awfully mean prank."

Shigaraki and Compress simultaneously let go of Aya. "It's terribly mean. I'm so sorry. I apologize for both of them." Y/n bowed before Aya.

Aya grabbed her best friend's shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug, wrapping her arms around y/n's neck. "Don't worry about it. You can't help it if you got some mean friends. I still love you. I'm just glad you're finally outside."

Y/n closed her eyes and felt Aya's warmth against her face. Reluctantly, she pulled Aya off of her. "I promised these two I'd show them around. I'll talk to you later."

Aya grinned and gave y/n one last, tight hug before walking away with a skip in her step. Y/n and the men behind her watched Aya walk away without a care in the world and utterly oblivious to what just happened.

Y/n felt a tight grip around her wrist. Y/n's heart stopped, feeling five fingers on her skin. She flinched and closed her eyes tightly, waiting for her arm to fall apart like her cellphone and flower before her.

Nothing happened. Y/n felt the pain from the tight grip on her wrist, but nothing else. She opened her eyes and looked at the hand on her wrist. It was Mister Compress's hand on her wrist. 

He looked at Shigaraki. "What are we going to do with her? She did just try to betray us. Surely you wouldn't let her live after this?" It was odd, Compress didn't sound particularly mad. He just seemed curious. Y/n wondered if he was upset at her or if he was just that good at keeping his composure.

Shigaraki crossed his arms and cocked his head to the side. Under normal circumstances, yes, he would have yelled at Compress for even asking. However, her quirk was a goldmine full of potential. As much as he wanted to kill y/n, he couldn't if he wanted to take full advantage of her quirk.

The blue-haired villain raised his hand. "Let go of her, Compress."

"Wait, are you serious, Shigaraki?" he asked, completely dumbfounded.

"You have to understand that she's scared. She was bound to do something like this. Any intelligent and sane person would do the same." Shigaraki replied.

Mister Compress stood motionless, he was entirely lost in thought. Shigaraki demanded that Compress let go of y/n again, this time much more sternly. Mister Compress reluctantly let go of her wrist. "If you excuse me, I think I'll take my leave," he mumbled in a much different tone than his usual showman-like persona. He didn't sound happy at all.

Shigaraki wrapped an arm around y/n's shoulder, keeping a finger off her while he watched Mister Compress walk away. As soon as he was out of sight, Shigaraki looked at y/n. "I apologize for him. I took Compress because he's normally one of the more pleasant ones. I'll have a word with him next time I see him."

Y/n looked away from Shigaraki. "U-uhm," she stuttered softly; "n-no, it's okay. Please don't. I don't mind at all."

"Are you sure?" Shigaraki asked. Y/n nodded. "You're far too kind for your own good." Y/n fidgeted nervously with her hands.

"Aren't you mad at me?" y/n asked. Shigaraki picked up on the fearful tone in her voice.

Shigaraki paused. He pulled y/n closer to him. "Of course, I am." Shigaraki felt y/n flinch in his arm. His ruby eyes met hers. Trying to sound as calm as possible, he continued on. "However, I can be reasonable sometimes. I understand you were scared. I can't fault you for that."

"Thank you," y/n said in a hushed tone. Shigaraki felt relieved that she seemed to believe him. He was worried that she'd see right through him. Shigaraki was pissed, but he couldn't allow y/n to know that if he even wanted to dream of y/n ever trusting him. Y/n, however, had lost all of Shigaraki's trust for the time being.

Shigaraki's tone changed, it was much more serious now. His hand slid from y/n's shoulder. "I might be forgiving, sometimes, but I still have to punish you in some way, or the rest of The League will throw a tantrum."

Y/n held her breath. He could see the horror in her eyes. "Is it going to hurt?" Shigaraki could hear the fear in y/n's voice come back in full force. He knew he had to ease her nerves somehow.

"No, of course not. Didn't I say you did nothing wrong?" Shigaraki asked; "it's going to be a small, harmless punishment. A mere slap on the wrist to keep everyone else content. Does that sound fair?"

Y/n was silent for a little bit before nodding. "I guess so." Y/n swallowed hard. "I'm sorry."

Shigaraki placed his palms under y/n's jawline and lifted her head up. "Stop apologizing. There's no need." Y/n swallowed hard and nodded again. Shigaraki tilted his head. "As you should know, I'm not a day person. I think I'll stay at your house until the sun goes down. I think I'll have your punishment in mind before I leave."

He knew there wasn't anything y/n could say. Shigaraki might be lenient on her right now, but she shouldn't test her luck. "Go ahead," she said, trying to sound as polite as she could.

"That's my girl," he said with a menacing smirk hiding behind his face-obscuring hand.

Y/n and Shigaraki walked back to her house. She unlocked the door and let the blue-haired villain into her home. Shigaraki entered the house and lounged on her couch. He was trying to stay calm on the outside but on the inside, he was furious. He wanted to kill y/n for attempting to betray him, but he had to place all his thoughts and feelings to the side.

The villain reminded himself that y/n was full of potential. Her quirk was a gold mine. With y/n by his side, the world has so many possibilities.

For now, he needed to think of a proper punishment for y/n. One that will teach y/n to never go to another hero ever again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446 20 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...
127K 4.3K 45
ser·en·dip·i·ty /ˌserənˈdipədē/ (noun ) Finding something good without ever looking for it Like all great love stories, they met by accident. He d...
103K 2.7K 13
Check me out on Instagram to support me:) @Tatsuminzz ⚠⚠Probably the softest Tomura you'll ever see⚠⚠ You're a test object that managed to escape th...
52.7K 1.7K 15
Shigaraki Tomura is a student at UA, he works exceptionally well in all subjects but soon encounters a villain by the name of Dabi. Dabi is a dangero...