Path To Restoration (Fighter'...

By TheFeveredBookaholic

*Warning: LABELLED MATURE. Due to sexual content and graphic language, this book is recommended for readers 1... More

Dedications
Prologue - Nate
Chapter 1 - Delilah
Chapter 2 - Nate
Chapter 3 - Delilah
Chapter 4 - Nate
Chapter 5 - Delilah
Chapter 6 - Nate
Chapter 7 - Delilah
Chapter 8 - Nate
Chapter 9 - Delilah
Chapter 10 - Nate
Chapter 11 - Delilah
Chapter 12 - Nate
Chapter 13 - Delilah
Chapter 14 - Nate
Chapter 15 - Delilah
Chapter 16 - Nate
Chapter 17 - Delilah
Chapter 18 - Nate
Chapter 19 - Delilah
Chapter 20 - Nate
Chapter 21 - Delilah
Chapter 23 - Nate
Chapter 24 - Delilah
Chapter 25 - Nate
Chapter 26 - Delilah
Chapter 27 - Nate
Chapter 28 - Delilah
Chapter 29 - Nate
Chapter 30 - Delilah
Chapter 31 - Delilah
Chapter 32 - Nate
Chapter 33 - Delilah
Chapter 34 - Aria
Chapter 35 - Nate
Chapter 36 - Nate
Epilogue - Delilah
Author's Note
BOOK 4 Cover and Title
BOOK 4 Synopsis
BOOK 4 Teasers

Chapter 22 - Delilah

131K 4.2K 6.1K
By TheFeveredBookaholic

"I'm coming, sweetness!" I call out to a crying Zack.

I quickly shut the oven off and move the sizzling pan to a place mat on the counter. I wash my hands down as thoroughly as I can do there's no residual spices on it and dry them once I'm down. Zack's crying intensifies and I whip off my shirt as I trek down the hall to save time. I open the light to my room and my heart sinks when a red-faced, kicking Zack comes into view.

"I know." I coo and sit on the bed before lifting him up into a cradle. "Mama took too long and her big boy is starving."

He's getting chubbier day by day. He turned one month yesterday and is now at the full "9-month mark" and looks healthy as ever. His pale skin is rosy and his cheeks sag just the slightest from all their weight. His eyes are somehow bigger than when he was born and the grey sometimes look blue, just like mine do. His blonde hair now covers his head completely and he's steadily growing out of all his clothes. You would never think by looking at him that he was one month premature.

As soon as I lift up my bra Zack attacks my nipple, barely able to latch on to it in his haste.

"Alright, calm down!" I use the back of his head to guide him and he finally latches on, body visibly relaxing and eyes shutting as he drinks. I gape down at him and mumble, "How much do you need?"

I give it another month before I go down one cup size because of Zack's tendency to suck the life out of me. My post-pregnancy C cups are not about to last long.

I sigh and lean back against the headboard while Zack does his thing. I can feel exhaustion creeping into every bone in my body. I don't even have it in me to care that I burned my dinner before coming to feed Zack. I'm used to missing a meal here and there, tiredness making me indifferent to a full stomach. I haven't written since Zack was born and although my editor has been very understanding I still feel an ache for that familiar feeling of cool metal under my fingertips as I type away, an endless stream of words flowing out of me. Emily and Avery have visited a couple of times and both times I fell asleep in the middle of our conversations. Mom is a huge help but she has a restaurant to run and can only offer so much of her own time when she's so tired herself.

Nate comes by whenever he can but he's also extremely busy with training for pros. After the match he lost, Coach has been harder on him than ever. Coach also has a lot of time on his hands now that Jaxon is handling the new youth division—six new additions to the gym—so he's focusing everything on Nate. Him and I have collapsed on my couch completely dead to the world on more than one occasion. And although there haven't been more close-calls since the one a month ago, there's also an easiness between us that wasn't there before. We flirt openly. He touches me with even less reservation and I like it. He loves Zack as much as I do. Despite all the tough days, I really can't complain. Things have been going great.

I jerk when I hear a knock on the door to my room, squinting at it when I realize I fell asleep. It probably wasn't more than a few minutes because Zack is still sucking away and looking content as ever. I yawn and call out, "Who is it?"

"Me. Can I come in?" The deep voice replies. Nate has had his own key ever since my Mom gave him one and I let him keep it. It's easier anyways because he's always at my house.

"I'm feeding. He's almost done, though." Looking around for my shirt, I remember that I flung it somewhere outside. "Can you grab my shirt and throw it in here?"

"Yeah." A minute passes by and then my door opens just a crack before a bundled cloth comes hurdling at me and smacks me in the face. I make an oof sound and Nate immediately asks, "You good?"

"Lovely." I deadpan.

I hear his chuckle from the other side right before he tells me, "I'm going to look for some food. I'm starving."

"I burned dinner." I call out with a wince.

There's a pause and then he bursts out laughing. I roll my eyes, practically imagining how he's probably doubled over by now and holding on to his stomach.

"You're mean." I tell him seriously.

He makes a wheezing sound. "Sorry. I'm done. I swear. I'll grab something from my place."

"Thank you!" I holler at his retreating footsteps.

I scroll through my phone while Zack continues to feed to kill time. My email is full of fan mail from people who have read my book and my heart warms. Heart of the Storm has been a #1 bestseller for two months straight and it's still surreal to me. My Instagram follower count has been steadily increasing too and it's hard for me to fathom that 200k people are interested in what I do in my everyday life. I click on my recent post, a selfie of Zack bundled in his car seat with me grinning down at him, and smile as I scroll through the comments. Some are so sweet I could cry and some are rude enough that I could...well, cry. My editor told me not to let them get to me though. Some people think hiding behind a screen makes them invincible.

When Zack finally releases my nipple, I tuck my breast back in my bra and hoist him up on my shoulder, patting him until he burps loud and proud.

"That was a good one." I tell him and he makes a sort of squealing sound. His baby babbling words are slowly beginning to show and I live for every single one of them. I put my shirt back on and lay Zack down in front of me so he can kick and burn off some energy.

A knock at the door sounds for a second time and this time I say, "Come in."

Nate opens the door just a crack and peeks through it, grinning when he sees me. I smile back as he opens it the rest of the way with two styrofoam containers in his hand. "Hope you're okay with leftover Chinese."

"I'll eat anything edible." My stomach grumbles for emphasis.

"You're not eating enough, are you?" He frowns.

"Hey, I barely have time to shower." I wince. "Actually, I could use one of those too."

"Eat and go grab one. I'll watch little man." He settles in beside me and places the containers in front of us, careful to make sure they're out of Zack's reach, and opens them up. He hands me a plastic fork then grins. "Hi."

"Hi." I laugh when he leans down to kiss my cheek. He pulls away, just barely, and we share a heated look. I know we're both thinking about that almost-kiss again. I don't know about him but it's all I can think about these days.

He turns then and leans down to nuzzle Zack's cheek. "And hello to you. How's my little man doing today?"

Zack makes that same squealing sound, reaching his arms up for Nate and kicking wildly. Nate chuckles and picks him up, placing Zack on his chest while he leans against the headboard and stretches out. I watch them with a smile.

"How was your day?" I ask once we start to dig in.

"Coach kicked my ass." He grumbles. "Sometimes I forget how tough he can be."

There's something else he isn't saying. "What are you not telling me?"

He sighs and stabs his fork into a swirl of noodles. "Sometimes I get the feeling that he's...ashamed of my stripper background."

"Greg isn't like that." I settle my hand on his shoulder. "I think he just feels protective over you and how others treat you because of it so he wants you to have thick skin or something. That's just how he is."

"Yeah." He absentmindedly pushes his food around. "You're probably right."

"I know it must be tough juggling two huge responsibilities but don't forget how much of an impact you have on people everywhere. You're an inspiration, Nate. As cliché as it sounds, with great deeds comes great responsibility. When you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders just remember that it counts for something infinite."

"You sure have a way with words." He murmurs. I shrug even as I feel my cheeks grow warm at the compliment. "Actually, you're on to something."

I watch curiously as he pulls out his phone and scrolls through his email, his free hand rubbing circles on Zack's back who's snuggled into his chest and looking infinitely smaller against Nate's huge body. My ovaries threaten to combust at the adorable image.

"Check it out." He tells me and gives me his phone. It's opened up to an email that I read quickly.

"The Humanitarian Awards?" I wonder aloud.

Nate nods and adjusts Zack against him who's fallen asleep. He brings his voice down to a whisper. "It's a charity event meant for all business men and women who own a company or chain of some sort. We all gather together for one night and upper class folk bid on the business they most believe in and fund it for an entire year. It's a great way to raise money for a lot of causes and to encourage business men and women to join, five of them are nominated to take home an award that reflects their impact on humanity." His smile turns bashful. "I'm one of the nominees."

I gasp and sit up straighter. "Nate! That's amazing!"

"It is." He agrees, his grin still a little shy. "I've never been nominated before so it's pretty cool."

"Have you been to the gala before?"

"Yeah, I go every year. They created the event about five years ago and I've been attending since."

"It sounds like a big deal."

"It's important for the community." I don't miss the humble way he addresses it. "Part of it is for show, though. They have photographers and a red carpet entrance and everyone is dressed in their most expensive clothing."

"An Oscar for business." I waggle my brows.

"Something like that." He tilts his head at me. "Will you join me at this year's event? As my date?"

I blink. Then hesitate. "I don't know, Nate. That kind of stuff is not my forté. It's all very 'in the spotlight' and you know I'm not good with that. Plus, I have Zack now."

"It's just one night and it's three months away. Zack will be big enough that he'll be fine for a few hours without you. And I know that scene is not your thing but it would mean a lot if you came and supported me." He throws in the big guns and pouts. "Please."

"Nate..."

He lifts Zack's hand up gently who's still snoring away. He mimics a high-pitched voice and says, "Go with him, Mama. There's no one more beautiful that could spend the night on his arm. Do it, Mama."

I try to contain my giggles by slapping my hand to my mouth. "You're ridiculous."

"Please." He throws his trademark grin my way, knowing damn well he's doing that sparkly teeth thing. "I'll make it worth your while."

I shake my head knowing I lost this argument the minute he asked me. "Fine. But I don't think I own a dress fancy enough for something like that."

"We'll get you one." He winks. "So it's a date?"

"It's a date." I relent with a sigh.

"Good work, little man." He whispers to a sleeping Zack and pretends to high-five him. I shake my head again. This guy.

"Is it cool if I grab a shower?" I ask, already standing up from the bed.

"I got him." He doesn't spare my a glance, totally enraptured by Zack as he strokes his cheek with a finger. Nate stops by and sees him everyday but it's obvious he can't get enough. He's as good with Zack as I am.

I walk the few steps to the bathroom that's in my room and take my time in the shower. I can only do that when Nate or Mom are around to watch Zack so I cherish the scalding water as I stand underneath it. I also use the opportunity to shave my legs and the mound between them because I haven't been able to do that either since Zack was born. I turn off the shower and listen intently but when silence greets me I figure I can afford to shave my underarms too. I end up spending half an hour in the shower and try not to feel guilty about it. I know Zack is okay with Nate and I also know Nate doesn't mind. I change into some sleep shorts and a full sleeve t-shirt then dry off my hair with a towel. I fling the towel on the towel bar and quietly step outside of the bathroom when I notice the lights are closed. It takes a few second for my eyes to adjust until I'm able to see that Zack is sound asleep in his crib and Nate is sprawled on my bed, also breathing deeply and completely knocked out. Poor guy. Training must have been rough today.

Not wanting to wake him up I crawl on the bed and lie down beside him, putting the covers over both of us. I watch his sleeping form for a moment with a smile then lean down to kiss his cheek. He doesn't even stir, that's how tired he is. I sigh and run a hand softly through his hair and whisper as quietly as I can, "I love you."

He snores in response. I laugh softly then burrow under the covers and sleep takes me immediately.

***

My first thought as I start to come to is why is my body tingling? My second thought is did I just moan?

I blink my eyes open lazily and it takes a few second for my brain to register what's happening. A hot mouth is on my neck, on the spot right below my jaw, and a hand is snaking up underneath my shirt. A huge amount of weight is pressing on top of me and the sensation is so delicious I actually shiver. My legs spread slightly on instinct and I gasp when a hard length settles in between them. My pulse is pounding, my clit is throbbing, my body is sweating.

"Nate?" It's part question, part moan.

There's a hum in response and the hand continues to snake up my body before settling on my breast. Fingers squeeze the flesh and my back arches.

"Nate." This time I gasp it as my haze clears. What are we doing!

I look down at him and my brows come together when I find his eyes closed and his mouth parted. It takes a second for me to realize his breathing is deep and even and another second for me to realize he's sleeping. Sleeping! He's groping me in his sleep! I could die of humiliation. I thought he'd been doing it on purpose and body is completely alive underneath him. I'm such an idiot.

I groan in embarrassment and it comes out louder than I anticipated because Nate suddenly jerks before his body freezes on top of mine. His hand stills and he sucks in an audible breath before holding it. I hold my breath as well. Busted again.

"Del?" His voice rasps. I can feel the rumble of his chest since it's plastered to mine and the pulse between my legs pounds again.

"Yes?" I squeak.

"What's happening?" He asks slowly. He hasn't moved an inch and it takes all my willpower to not arch into the hand that's still cupping my breast. I couldn't be more grateful that his face is still burrowed in my neck and he can't see how profusely I'm blushing. I bet he'd be able to see it even in the dark.

"You, um, were having a good dream I guess?" I cringe as soon as I say it. Now is not the time for sarcasm.

"Shit." His fingers twitch around my breast and I bite my lip to contain the moan that's stuck in my throat. "I...I came on to you in your sleep?"

His guilt is obvious. "It's okay." I rush out.

He lifts his head up at that and peers down at me in question. One brow goes up. "Is it now?"

I dart my eyes away. Why did I have to say that?

"Del." He murmurs. I look back at him and find his narrowed gaze on me. His eyes roam over me, taking in my flushed cheeks and my heaving chest before one side of mouth slowly curls up. "You turned on for me, Angel?"

"So are you." I blurt defensively. He chuckles and I squeeze my eyes shut. Talk about a childish response.

My eyes blink open with a soft gasp when I feel his index finger circle my nipple. The peak hardens around his touch and my breath shudders. His dark eyes blaze down at me and his breathing becomes heavier. "You want this, don't you?"

I don't answer. Not when his hand slides out from underneath my shirt and not when he holds his weight above me on his forearms. I can still feel his hardness nudging my hip and I try not to buck my hips upward even though my body is screaming for me to do just that.

He dips his head to suck on the skin of my neck and a spark shoots down between my legs. My stomach clenches when he nips the sensitive flesh with a graze of his teeth and there's no stopping the quiet moan that escapes me. He groans against my neck and I tremble with desire, the tips of my fingers tingling. Fingers that are itching to rip his clothes off and run over his hot, smooth skin.

He raises his head to look at me again. There's so much raw need in his eyes that I'm captivated and I meet his stare without wavering.

"Will you freak out?" He murmurs, running his eyes lazily down my body that's laid out beneath him. "If I touch you the way I want to?"

I shake my head no and his eyes flash. "Are you sure?"

"Please touch me." I find myself whispering. He doesn't know it yet but I stopped fighting him a long time ago. I'm desperate to take what I want for him and for him to take what he wants from me.

His head falls back slightly and he groans, a sound so deep and guttural that more wetness gathers between my legs. His chest heaves when he stares down at me. "I've dreamt for so fucking long to hear you say those words."

"Touch me." I repeat and this time I sound more confident.

He brings his head down slowly but stops when his lips are an inch away from mine. He glances over at Zack's crib and he whispers, "I think I'll start crying if he interrupts us again."

I laugh softly under my breath and he laughs softly under his and then our laughs mesh together as our mouths meet.

The clenching in my tummy unfurls and sends sparks of desire to every part of my body. My body is humming all over and I can feel myself coming alive under Nate as he kisses me with a slow and careful brush of his lips. I press my lips tighter against his and revel in the feeling of his soft and full mouth. He parts them and they close over my top lip over and over again, the sound of our wet kissing the only noise in the room. My arms wind around his neck and his curl around my waist and then every part of our bodies is crushing against each other as the kiss intensifies. He slips his tongue into my mouth and strokes it with a skill that makes me moan softly. He breathes heavily onto my face as our tongues meet over and over again, slipping and sliding over each other in the most erotic way. I can't get enough of him or this kiss. I feel like my lips are bruising with how tightly they're pressed against his as they continue to part and latch onto his mouth. All of my senses are heightened. I can hear every soft groan and whisper of our breaths, I can feel his hair sliding against my fingers as I run them along his scalp, I can smell his scent as it engulfs me until it's all I'm breathing in, I can taste him on my tongue as it explores the inside of his mouth leisurely and wildly, and when I open my eyes I can see the heat in his gaze as he watches me back while his tongue continues to stroke mine and his fingers slip underneath my shirt.

My eyes fall back shut at the feeling of his large hands exploring my hot skin. His fingers graze the underside of my breasts, earning a small gasp from me. Then both of his hands are covering both of my breasts and they knead softly until I'm a writhing mess underneath him. I moan into his mouth, our kisses growing more frantic as our teeth clash and our tongues lick. He pinches both of my nipples and rolls the peaks between his thumbs and the sides of his index fingers and then tugs. He swallows my cry of pleasure by crushing his mouth to mine so hard that my head presses into the pillow completely. He releases my nipples and runs his hands back down my body, the tips of his fingers barely grazing my flushed skin almost teasingly. I wrap my legs around his torso and he groans into my mouth, capturing my tongue and sucking on it feverishly. A harsh breath escapes me and the hair on his forehead flutters. I use my hand on the back of his head to press our mouths tighter together as our lips continue to part and meet. His hands reach the hem of my shirt and he rolls it up over my breasts and finally yanks his mouth away.

We breathe heavily as we stare at each other, panting and chests heaving. His lips are swollen and his eyes are hooded with desire as he gazes down at me.

"I still have some pregnancy weight." I whisper self-consciously, knowing my stomach isn't as flat or tight as it once was.

"You're beautiful." He assures me in a quiet voice. His chest expands with a deep inhale when he gets a look at my naked breasts. My nipples harden even more under his watchful stare. He circles one nipple with his finger like earlier, growling softly when my back arches. "So fucking beautiful."

He dips his head to suck on the skin above my navel and I moan quietly, my fingers sliding through his hair. His lips make quick work of licking and sucking every bare inch on my torso and my body jerks when he dips his tongue into my belly button. His lips travel downward and I gasp when his mouth briefly settles between my legs over my shorts before pulling away.

"Still not cleared to be touched here, right?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Two more weeks." I manage to say.

"Can't wait to taste you." He murmurs, his hand rubbing me until my eyes roll to the back of my head. "Can't wait to have my tongue inside this pussy and show you how good I can make you fall apart."

I grow wetter at his vulgar words. My chest expands harshly and he can see how turned on I am. He watches me with a small smirk as his had continues to rub circles between my legs. I can feel the familiar clenching in my lower abdomen of an impending orgasm.

"You want that, Angel?" His nostrils flare as he watches me thrust my hips against his hand, seeking release. "You want to come all over my mouth? You want to fuck my face until I can barely catch my breath, so full of your taste?"

"Yes." I moan. "Please."

"Soon, baby." He promises. He removes his hand and I almost protest but then he lines his hips up with mine. His weight settles on top of me again as he thrusts his hips against me, his hardness rubbing me right where I need him, where I throb for him.

"Oh." I gasp and spread my legs wider, inviting him.

"Fuck." He groans and then his mouth is on mine again.

I open my mouth wide for him and he slides his tongue against mine, closing his lips and dragging his tongue out of me in a dirty kiss. He bites at my bottom lip and moans in approval as he continues thrusting against me. I can feel the length of him pressing down on my clit with every hard rub and I whimper at how good it feels. He cradles my face and tilts it so he can kiss me at a better angle, our mouth meeting and parting in a hot and wet dance. The bed shakes with the exertion of our dry-humping and I urge him on by grabbing his ass in a silent plea for more. He obliges, his movements becoming harder and faster until he's grunting into my mouth as he continues to kiss me.

"Nate." I whimper, clutching his shoulders.

"I know, baby." He shifts his kisses to my neck as his hand slithers between our bodies and down to where our hips are joined so he can rub the heel of his hand right on my clit.

"Oh my God." I gasp and my body jerks as my release hits me. I bite my lip to contain the noises begging to come out and I hold on to Nate tightly as my body convulses through my release. I think I faintly hear Nate groaning and then his body starts jerking against mine too. He burrows his face in my neck and my legs lock tightly around his waist, both of us gripping each other as our bodies shudder violently.

I go limp against the mattress and Nate follows a moment later, his entire weight sinking on to me. I welcome it because of how good it feels and I wrap my arms around his shoulder as I hug him to me. He nuzzles his cheek against mine and I smile at the cuddly version of Nate I've never seen before. Both of us are breathing hard.

"Fuck." He mumbles. "That was..."

"Yeah." I sigh and scrape my nails along the back of his neck. I feel his body shiver and melt into mine.

"Angel?" He asks after a few quiet moments.

"Mhm?"

"I really like kissing you. I'm going to be doing a lot of it."

I laugh softly at that. "Okay, Nate."

He lifts his head up to grin down at me. "Can I kiss you now?"

I shake my head in amusement and answer for him by stretching up so I can press my lips to his. He makes a sound of approval in the back of his throat and takes his time kissing me with gentle strokes of his tongue. I don't know how much time we spend kissing but we do it until the sky is blue, my mouth is bruised, and my heart is full.

_________________________

A/N

DIDN'T I TELL YOU GUYS I WOULD MAKE THE WAIT WORTH IT. Is it just me or was that the hottest kiss from all three books so far? I felt it right in my vagina as I was writing it out. Maybe it was because of the slow burn and anticipation of maybe because these two have insane chemistry. Either way, best chapter ever! I'm grinning like a fool.

Please VOTE, comment and share if you liked this chapter!

Happy Reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 65.4K 54
•EDITING IN PROGRESS• 2 OUT OF 3 BOOKS Camila and Ace's story continues. Will they work through the hardship of being in love and in a "normal" rela...
188K 5.2K 6
In the spirit of the holidays, comes a short novella with exclusive Christmas chapters from familiar characters written by TheFeveredBookaholic. Get...
266K 8.8K 49
Maddison James has had a hard life, from dealing with her mother's death, to never being accepted for her weight, to not having her sister around...
22.2K 2.7K 47
""""" හරී අමුතුවෙන් වටේ යන්න ඕනී නෑ මන් කෙලින්ම වැඩේට බහින්නම්කෝ... මෙච්චරයී වෙන්න ඕනී.. තමුසේ මාත් එක්ක නිදා ගන්න ඕනී...""""""" මන් එහෙම කියලා ඉවර ව...