Doomsville

By TashiJean

In the year 2112, Sixteen-year-old Rebecca Peach lives in a town called Sunset Shores. It used to be a happy... More

Prologue: Doomsville
Chapter 1. Stranger
Chapter 2. Relax
Chapter 3. Raid
Chapter 4. Being Hunted
Chapter 6. Surrounded
Chapter 7. Humans
Chapter 8. May and Stella
chapter 9. A Chance Meeting
Chapter 10. The Answer to My Questions
Chapter 11. Promises
Chapter 12. Training For The Bloodbath
Chapter 13. The Rescue
Chapter 14. One More Day
Chapter 15. Bloodbath
Chapter 16. Saving The World
Chapter 17. Interview
Epilogue: Happy Endings

Chapter 5. Message

51 4 0
By TashiJean

5.               Message

            The day was hot and it was still hot when the sun had set. I had my bag packed and I was walking across the sand towards the hill. I had a gun and extra bullets, a hoddie and a bottle of water in my bag. I walked along the top of the hill as soon as I reached the science lab I knew I shouldn’t have come alone. The plumb man was standing out the front of the science lab with a group of hunters.

            I grabbed my gun out of my bag and clicked the safety switch off; I aimed the gun at the Aquatics ready to shot them if I had too. But they walked into the science lab; I ran past the science lab and didn’t stop running until I reached the end of the hill. I walked down the hill carefully as soon as I was done the bottom I ran towards the house, I kept the gun in my hands. I reached the old abandoned house; I walked across the front porch carefully not wanting to make a floorboard creak.

            I was inside and I began looking for a letter or something along the lines. I was looking for something form Leon and the plumb man, I was about to give up when I saw a piece of paper on a mouldy table in the kitchen. I picked the piece of paper up when I heard a gun being cocked. I turned around to see a girl around my age with a rifle in her hands.

            “Are you human?” she asked, the voice sounded familiar.

            “Why should I tell you that?” I demanded I had my gun in my hands aiming at the girl.

            “Are you a hunter?” she asked again.

            “No, in fact I’m human,” I replied not bothering to hide my species.

            The girl sighed in relief and lowered her rifle. I lowered my gun as well, the girl walked towards me, she walked into the light of the window and I realized that the girl was my best friend Hex. Hex’s black hair was curly and her green eyes showed relief. I had been friends with Hex since Year one.

            “Becky, you’re human,” Hex gaped.

            “Yep and you are too,” I replied.

            Hex was about to talk some more when helicopters circled outside, Hex’s eyes widen in fear. Footsteps came down the hall, I grabbed the letter and ran to the back door but Hex pushed me back and looked out the small window.

            “Back towards the front, there are Aquatics out there,” Hex said.

            Hex and I ran towards the front door when someone pushed me against the wall, Hex was leaving the house but she looked back towards me. She lifted up her rifle and aimed it at the person holding me against the wall. I kicked the person in the stomach and ran towards Hex.

            “Becky wait,” the person called.

            “Corey,” I gasped.

            “I’m sorry Becky I saw a news report on the TV and this was a trick,” Corey explained.

            “It’s okay but we need to get outta here,” I replied.

            “Becky hurry the helicopter has landed,” Hex said, Corey and I ran to catch up to her, “follow me I have a hideout nearby.”

            We followed Hex, she led us through the forest that surrounded the back of the abandoned house, the only place I remember being out here was the old cemetery and that place freaked me out. And to admit it took a lot to freak me out. The forest began thinning and I could see the old cemetery up ahead, Hex slowed down to a walk and Corey and I slowed down too. She led us to an old crypt; Hex opened the door and walked inside without waiting for us. Corey walked after her and I reluctantly followed them, in the silent night I could hear footsteps, I turned to see massive spotlights shining in the forest.

            I felt someone grab my arm and drag me down into the crypt. When I got down I found that it was lit with an old lantern and several candles, Hex closed the opening to the crypt. Corey still had his hand on my arm.

            “They are going to find us,” I said my voice rising with hysteria.

            “It’s going to be okay,” Corey murmured and hugged me, I didn’t hug him back.

            “What does the letter say?” Hex asked. Corey let go of me and I opened the letter.

            “It doesn’t say anything,” I gaped.

            “They must have set us up,” Hex growled.

            “Um… I did say when I found you guys that I saw it on the TV,” Corey said.

            “Well I didn’t hear you,” Hex snapped, “who are you?”

            “My name is Corey Matthews,” Corey replied.

            “Hex Green,” Hex introduced herself, “How do you know him?”

            “He walked into my house two weeks ago,” I replied.

            “And you trust him,” Hex scoffed.

            “I’m right here,” Corey grumbled.

            Hex turned faced Corey, “how can I forget?”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Corey demanded.

            “Forget it,” Hex snapped.

            “Wow someone is a cranky bit-”

            “So how long have you been here?” I asked Hex cutting Corey off.

            “Ever since the invasion,” Hex replied.

            “Tell me what happened, oh well your story,” I suggested.

            Hex walked over and sat on a stone coffin, Corey sat on the ground and I sat next to him. That seemed to make Hex angry but she didn’t say anything.

            “Well, you should remember that we were planning a trip to the waterfall that day but you couldn’t come. Anyway we had just reached the waterfall when the spaceships began flying over; I knew something was wrong, so I began running. May and Stella ran and hid behind the cave in the waterfall but I knew we needed some where good to hide. The others stayed frozen in their places except for Luke he ran towards the old mine.

            “I followed him but he was already in the mine. I was going to warn him that the mine was a dangerous place to hide, but he was the least of my concerns. I wanted to run back in town to find the rest of my family but the spaceships suddenly stopped in the sky. I looked up at the sun and I realized that it was twelve o’clock; I had been running around in a frenzy for an hour. I found the old crypt and hid in here; I came back out at night and began walking back to town.

            “I had to come back here because hunters were coming towards me,” Hex said.

            “How did you see the message in the sky today?” Corey asked.

            Hex glared at him but answered his question, “I was outside in the forest.”

            “At least you can live with us now,” I said.

            “What? Aw come on she hates me,” Corey complained.

            “Shut it Yankee,” Hex hissed.

            “Oh now she is being disrespectful,” Corey grumbled. 

            “She’s my best friend so she is going to live with us,” I explained.

            Corey stood up and crossed his arms; he walked over to the other side of the room grumbling about life not being fair. Hex watched him and snickered, I glared at her and she stopped.

            “It’s going to be so much fun living with you two,” I mumbled.

            “‘She hates me’ what a hoot,” Hex laughed.

            “Well at least my ancestors weren’t convicts!” Corey yelled. Hex stopped laughing and glared at him, Corey glared at her.

            “That’s enough!” I shouted, Corey and Hex looked at me with confused expressions. “Why do you hate him so much?”

            “As long as his standing there I’m not going to tell you,” Hex replied.

            “Corey could you please give us some privacy?”

            “Where am I going to go? I can’t go outside!” 

            “Block your ears moron,” Hex grumbled. Corey did as Hex suggested.

            “Okay, now tell me.”

            “I don’t trust him, you don’t really know him and you let him live in your house.” She glanced over shoulder at Corey and looked back at me. “For all we know he could work for the aliens, he could have compromised with them.”

            “I trust him and as long as he does nothing bad he will live with us,” I replied. 

            “Well I won’t let myself get too attached like you have,” Hex whispered.

            “I’m not attached to him. Corey is human and he needs a place to live and as long as he is human he can live with me and you,” I replied bitterly.

            Hex shrugged her shoulders, “fine I will put up with him.”

            “Good,” I replied with a smile.

            We sat in silence trying to listen for the opening to the crypt to be opened from outside but that never happened. Sometime in the night we went back to my house with the few belongings Hex had. Hex had a sleeping bag, a bag filled with food and the rifle she had earlier. Hex held her rifle because she didn’t fully trust Corey with it.

            When we got back to the house, I told Hex that she could sleep in Carla’s room. That only left me with one room that belonged to my brother Matthew. I walked towards my mum’s old room and knocked on the door, Corey opened the door and when he saw me he smiled.

            “Come in,” Corey said and gestured for me to walk in.

            “Thanks,” I murmured.

            “Before you say anything I have a question. Why does Hex hate me?”

            “I can’t tell you that.”

            “We’re friends right?”

            “I guess.”

            “Then why can’t you tell me?”

            “Hex is my best friend and I will keep that a secret.”

            “Becca you can tell me,” Corey said.

            Tears welled in my eyes and I crossed my arms and looked at the ground. Leon use to call me Becca.

            “Oh great look at what you have done now!” Hex yelled startling me.

            “What do you mean?” Corey asked.

            “You called her ‘Becca’, Leon use to call her that,” Hex explained.

            “Oh Becky I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry,” Corey said.

            “I’m fine,” I lied.

            “If you cry I’ll cry,” Corey said and I smiled.

            “That’s so cheesy,” Hex said.

            Corey glared at her and she glared at him back. I shook my head and walked away, I could hear Corey and Hex argue as I walked towards me room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Radiating By MK-Rocks

Science Fiction

364 57 48
In the year 2045... Highschool popular girl Rachel living her life in fear because she's different, different from everyone shes meet in her entire l...
The God Codex By EvaA

Science Fiction

20.3K 2.9K 30
2081. In a sinister world where human survival hinges on biotechnology, an oblivious sixteen-year-old possesses the one code to undo it all. Can she...
5.3K 148 12
The Diaz family decide to take a vacation and head for a certain town filled with some magical beings. Everything seems normal, but that is short-liv...
50 0 9
After the earth became inhabitable for more than two thousand years. Due to overpopulation, pollution, and global warming. No trace of human kind was...