Allure

By InkD_Roses

If one day is all we had, will you make it worth my while? City girl-Bradley Hughes battles with her emotions... More

1| Welcome To Allure
2| Southern Hospitality
3| Welcome To Allure Girl
4| Everybody Needs Somebody
6| Unity
7| Upside to Downside
8| Little Situation
9| Everybody Needs Somebody Pt.II
10| Consensus
11| I Cared. I Care.
12| Unbothered
13| Damage Control
14| Slip Ups
15| Well- Do You Mean It?
16| All On Bradley
17| Allure Me 2
18| Is It Jealousy?
19| Hello Indonesia,
20| Ratchet Happy Birthday
21| Facing The Burdens
22| Get It Under Control
23| Topic of Discussion
24| Evolving
25| We're Doing This Again?
26| Because I'm Your Friend
27| When The Family Feuds
28| For Future Purposes Only
29| Letting It All Go
30| Revisit and Rebuild
31| What's Coming
32| Understood
33| Its None Of Your Business!
34| Living
35| Promised
36| In Due Time
37| And Many More...
38| Revitalizing
39| Resurfaced Love & Pain
40| Going Through The Motions
41| Progressing
42| Embarking Possibilites
43| Anything For You
44| Until Then
45| Back Home To You
46| From Here On Out
47| Everlasting Unity
48| Focus
49| Choosing Me
50| Salvation
51| Rashad Knows Best
52| Rashad STILL Knows Best
53| Stuntin' Like My Daddy
54| Closing In
55| All About Change
56| The New Beginning
57| Could've Been
58| Communicate It
59| Trust The Process
60| Getting Back
61| In With The New
62| Reoccuring
63| Issues
64| Warm Welcome
65| Dilemma
66| Middle Ground
67| Making The Effort
68| Touchy Situation
69| Powerful Ego
70| Comes to the Light
71| Settling the Score
72| Touch and Go
73| Make Your Choice
74| Bradley's Intuition
75| Tread Lightly
76| Wrong or Right

5| Untamed

34.7K 1.8K 2.1K
By InkD_Roses

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

Bradley sighed as she assisted Rashad out of his jacket. Their little date turned into too much a turn up when Rashad thought it would've fun to go to the club right after dinner.

Bradley didn't mind the club scene, but she could do without. Rashad seemed to love the thrill going out gave him. He danced and sung along to all of the songs and filled himself up with liquor. Bradley knew that Rashad was a let loose type of guy, but tonight he had a little bit too much fun.

"My bad,"He apologized. "I ain't mean to go in like that," He knew he had fucked up with all of the drinking. He was conscious, but wasn't as alert as usual which resulted in Bradley keeping him at her place.

She didn't want to start the trend of sleeping at each other's place so early, but he couldn't drive home in his condition, she wouldn't dare allow him to do so. "It's okay Rashad, you've had a long week," After opening up about Cedonni, Rashad was faced with the anniversary of his brother's death two days later—which happened to be Victoria's graduation day.

Bradley gave him his space that day so he could spend endless time focusing on his niece and getting their mind together. The day went well, but it was evident that it was still bothering him. All throughout their dinner date, Bradley listened attentively, to short stories about Cedonni. Some made her laugh, some saddened her, and some made her wish she had a chance to meet him.

Rashad never really spoke about Cedonni much, but with Cedonni's death anniversary passing, his brother was weighing down on his mind heavily. "Thank you—for just listening," He slurred. "I needed someone to just listen,"

Bradley nodded her head as she got him down to his wife beater. "You're welcome babe,"

A drunken smile invaded Rashad's face. This was the first time Bradley had called him anything besides Uncle Shad and Rashad. The sound of the term of endearment sounded so good coming from her. Even though he was drunk, he was sure to remember the moment. "Say that again,"  He licked his lips.

"What, babe?" She teased.

He nodded his head . His eyes were hooded, low from the mixture of weed and D'ussé. Bradley couldn't understand how he looked twice as good while he was under the influence. She sure if it were her that drunk, she would look a mess. "Yeah, I like the way it sound coming from you," He slurred. Bradley had now squatted down to take off his shoes so he could be set to go to sleep.

Rashad reached his hand down, gently grasping onto her face. She looked up at him and halted what she was doing. Rashad drunkenly admired her gorgeous face. A light smile graced his while Bradley looked up at him innocently. "Just let me take off your shoes so you can go to bed, babe," She called him babe once more hoping that would have him comply.

His eyes grew lower as he nodded. Rashad allowed her to take his shoes off. Bradley stood up and like magnets, Rashad's hands were already on her body as she stood in between his legs.

"I like you—a lot,"He hiccuped out.

Bradley chuckled. "Me too," She shamelessly admitted.

It was true. Although they've only been seeing each other for a few weeks, it was evident there was something there. The first day they spent together they both pulled feelings out of each other that many people haven't seen in a while. Whatever they had going on was something they wanted to continue and prosper with.

Rashad's right hand was still on her rear as his left hand cupped her right hand. "Lean down, let me see your face," Baring with his drunk talk, Bradley did as he said. They were now face to face with each other and Rashad couldn't help the contagious smile he was exuding. His massive hands cupped both sides of her face, pulling her in closer.

Bradley knew exactly what his drunk ass was doing, but she wasn't gonna stop him. She had been waiting for him to make the first move for a while. It sucked that he had to be overboard drunk to finally find the courage to do so.

Rashad applied his lips onto Bradley's. The feeling was just as intoxicating as his first high or his first time getting drunk. Bradley felt a rush of energy jolt through her body as their tongues lapped one another. There was no fight for dominance, the kiss went both ways and had a nice balance to it. Feeling weak in the knees, Bradley straddled Rashad's lap. He pushed her hips down inducing a sensual and sexual peak between the two as they kept up the momentum of the sloppy kiss.

His frisky hands had now risen and were making skin to skin contact with her sides underneath her dress. He had successfully got the dress over her head with her help and tossed it elsewhere. Before him, Bradley remained in her matching blush pink undergarments and her multi-strap pointed toe stilettos.

Drunk and out of order, Rashad's hands went everywhere. He made sure to catch a feel of every inch of Bradley's body to bask in the moment. Mustering up the strength, he flipped them over to hover over her. The kiss continued, neither of them coming up for air yet.

Bradley now underneath him graced her hands underneath his wife beater , freeing him from the piece of clothing. Her hands remained complacent on his abs as he continued to kiss her hungrily.

The kiss lasted for a few more seconds until Rashad pulled away and asserted attention to the rest of her body.

His smooth lips fluttered kisses from her jawline, trailing down to her neck, then cascading to her chest. Bradley took in a shaky breath as he unclipped her bra in the front causing her 36 C- cup breast to sprang out right before his eyes.

Rashad marveled at them. They were perky and sat up nice. He almost instantly gravitated towards them, his tongue swirled around her areola and nipple while he used his hand to caress the other.

Bradley hadn't been touched in that kind of way in so long. Her body was hypersensitive and by the way he was handling it, she was due to convulse any moment.

The feeling was blissful as the foreplay inclined her heart rate and gave her a general idea of what to expect from him.

Bradley was scared shitless at the moment. The last time she had sex was when she was twenty two years old and even then she was inexperienced. Bradley feared that she wouldn't perform as well as Rashad's last since she was so out of touch. She didn't want to sex to be a drag and unpleasant for him, as a man that would be a deal breaker.

So wrapped up in her own head, Bradley hadn't even realized that Rashad's tongue had stop circulating around her breast and his hand had stop caressing the other.

Light snores rattled Bradley's ears. Looking down, sure enough—Rashad had fallen asleep cold, in her bosom like a child would with their mother.

Amused, she chuckled at his comfort causing the vibrations to make him stir.

She couldn't deny that she was relieved. It gave her more time to figure out her own body again, and how she could seam it with Rashad's— when he wasn't drunk.

Gently, Bradley slithered herself from underneath him and slipped out of her heels. She went into her bathroom, freed her face from the make up she had on and tied her hair up.

She was beginning to feel the aftermath of being out all night with Rashad so she started up a shower and got in it to ensure that she would feel fresh and sleep well.

After cleansing herself from the late night outings, Bradley tossed on an oversized t-shirt over her bare body. She returned to bed where Rashad was still sound asleep purring with light snores. Getting him underneath the duvet, she got into bed beside him. Fatigue overpowered her and she was sound asleep right next to Rashad.

The next morning Bradley found herself multitasking in the kitchen. She was making sure that her waffles didn't over cook in the waffle maker while whisking some eggs.

With it being Memorial Day, the shop was closed so she found herself waking up later. She didn't really have any plans of her own, but she was sure that with Usiah back, he would come up with something.

Bradley hummed to the music she had playing lowly as she poured the whisked and seasoned eggs into the buttered skillet. She let the eggs thicken up a bit before she started scrambling them. She added some cheese to it before turning off the burner and focusing back onto the waffle maker that beeped.

She cautiously took the second and last waffle she made out, plating it.

She had already finished cooking the bacon and she was letting its oil soak through a napkin before she decided to plate them.

As she plated the finished eggs in the two different plates before her, Rashad came walking in, shirtless.

He had just finished washing his face and brushing his teeth with the spare face towel and new toothbrush Bradley left out for him. He had also consumed the pain killers and bottle of water she set up on the nightstand to fight his hangover.

"Good morning," He yawned out.

"Morning Rashad," She smiled before setting a plate out in front of him.

Rashad thanked her for the plate before shaking his head. "Don't call me Rashad, call me what you were calling me last night,"

Bradley furrowed her brows. She was trying her best to avoid eye contact since this would be his first time seeing her without make up. He caught small glimpses of her and he honestly thought she was still gorgeous. Bradley never overdid it with the make up in the first place so she looked damn near the same. "Uh I don't remember calling you anything else," Bradley teased.

"Bradley," He said in a warning tone.

She turned to face him challenging him. "Rashad," She used the same tone with him.

"I vividly remember you calling me babe, I don't make this stuff up," He told her.

"Wow really babe, I called you that, didn't I?" She laughed causing him to join her.

Rashad shook his head. "You get on my nerves man,"

Bradley smiled. "I know,"

"I wanna apologize for last night. I'm a grown man and I should've limited myself on the liquor knowing that I had to not only take myself home, but you too," He apologized once more.

Bradley had already forgiven him since last night but now that he was level headed and not intoxicated, his apology was more detailed. "It's alright. You had a tough week— I get it," She sympathized with him. He was still going through the phases of loss.

Rashad was glad that she wasn't turned off by him acting like a drunk last night. She handled it better than he thought and that made him like her even more. The two sat and had breakfast together talking about anything besides what happened last night. Bradley wanted to bring it up, but she didn't. If he didn't remember then she wasn't gonna try to make him.

"I ain't do nothing stupid yesterday night did I, y-know besides falling asleep on you?" Rashad smirked. He had took initiative of cleaning up and had Bradley sit behind and relax from the cooking she had done.

Bradley's face flushed red as she looked down at her hands. "You remember that?" She mumbled.

Rashad laughed with a nod as he dried his hands off with a paper towel then disposed of it. "Yeah. My bad about that. Don't fault yourself for it. If I wasn't drunk, it would've went better," Rashad was a bit embarrassed about falling asleep on such a beautiful girl like Bradley. He also felt bad about amping her body up after three years, just to fall asleep on her.

"It's alright," Bradley reassured him once more. "You'll redeem yourself,"

Walking around the bar she had apart of her kitchen, Rashad neared where she sat on a stool. "Redeem myself huh?" He peered his eyes down at her.

Bradley swallowed down and nodded her head. Taking a hold of her chin he positioned her head up before he craned down meeting her for a kiss. Their second kiss felt just like the first one, cinematic.

Rashad grappled Bradley up and had her wrap her legs around his torso. Her arms were around his neck as he navigated through the condo trying to get to her bedroom.

Carrying her, he finally got to her bedroom where he got them both onto the bed. Just like last night, he hovered over her continuing their steamy kiss. This time he wasn't drunk so he was bound not to fall asleep and miss this opportunity.

Still dressed in the bottoms from last night, he positioned himself in between Bradley's legs. It was evident that she had no panties on underneath the oversized shirt just by the way her ass jiggled uncontrollably.

Using his right hand, he feathered his finger over her core causing her to pull away from the kiss to let out a moan. "We ain't even start yet," He teased as he continued to graze his finger up and down her slits.

Bradley bit down on her bottom lip to suppress herself from moaning loudly again. Her sounds sounded angelic to Rashad's ears. The way she was getting so worked up over some foreplay, he knew that she wouldn't last long in bed with him.

Teasing her long enough, he dipped his two long fingers into her. Her breathing cached up in her throat as she adjusted to the feeling of something being inside of her again. The way he slowly glided his fingers in and out of her in a rhythmic motion caused her eyes to shut and her mouth to grow agape.

"You so gorgeous," He complimented her as he used his thumb to massage her clit.

Bradley was grateful that he was easing into having sex. He made sure to focus more so on satisfying her with foreplay rather than just trying to get what he wanted. After three years of nothing, Bradley deserved everything he was about to give her.

Just as Bradley felt pressure accumulate in her bottom half, the sound of the door interrupted them.

"Ignore it," She ordered him encouraging him to resume.

Rashad slid his fingers out of her and marveled at how lubricated they were from her natural liquids. "Baby someone at the door, go get it,"

Bradley threw her head back in frustration. It was like whenever they took two steps forward, they were knocked back an entire ten steps.

Rashad found it amusing at how hell bent she was. He chuckled as she angrily got up and slipped on a random pair of shorts she found in her closet. She marched out of her bedroom to retrieve the door that continued to sound off with different knocks.

Rashad stayed behind and decided to get dressed so he could leave. He heard the voices of Posh, Georgia and Usiah enter Bradley's condo and that was his cue.

"What the hell took you so long?" Georgia led the stampede of herself, Posh and Usiah in.

They all looked at her oddly for having them stand on the other side of the door for the longest. "I was sleeping," Bradley lied as she shut the door behind them. She was hoping they would get on with their plans so she could politely cancel and get back to Rashad who was doing God knows what in her bedroom.

"Sis, it's 12 PM, what you mean sleep?" Posh scoffed as she took a seat on Bradley's couch.

"Lord she's getting comfortable," Bradley said in her head.

"I was, I had a long night last night," Bradley responded out loud this time.

Her three friends looked her up and down in a suspicious manner. "Well go get dressed, we're going shopping," Usiah told her.

Bradley's ears perked up at the sound of shopping. She grew excited before it dawned on her that Rashad was still in her bedroom. "Uh can I just meet you all there, I still want to sleep in a bit more," Bradley lied.

Georgia shook her head. "No. You've been going around us all week. Last time we went out you had so much fun, don't you wanna relive that?" Georgia convinced, with her bright smile and hopeful eyes.

Bradley sighed. Her response was postponed once she heard her bedroom door open up. Rashad came to view stunning Posh, Georgia and Usiah.

"What's good y'all?" He greeted them with a smile.

"Hey Uncle Shad," The three said in unison this time Usiah joining in as well.

They eyed him up and down. He was fully clothed and held his phone and keys in his hands indicating that he was about to leave. "I'm about to head out baby," He told Bradley as he snakes his arm around her waist.

Bradley pouted a bit. She didn't want him leaving especially when they were in the middle of something. She sighed before nodding her head. "Alright, let me walk you out,"

Bradley took his hand into her's and led the way to the door. Opening it up she watched him step out before they said their goodbyes. "I'll call you alright," He kissed her lips, causing a smile to break free onto her face.

"Okay, drive safe," She let go of his hand.

"I will," He assured before craning down for another kiss. She watched him leave before storming back into the apartment.

Clutching a throw pillow into her hand she began senselessly whacking all three of her friends with it. "I swear I hate all you bitches!" She fumes out in sexual frustration.

"Wait y'all was about to—?" Posh raised a brow once Usiah confiscated the pillow away from Bradley.

"Yes!" Bradley stomped her foot like a little child.

Posh scurried off to Bradley's window that overlooked the parking lot. Rashad's truck was still there and he was just about to get in it. Opening up the window, Posh stuck her head out of it. "Wait Uncle Shad come back!" Posh shouted out like a lunatic.

She had to vouch for her girl. Bradley had been in need of some act right for years so whatever she had to do to get her friend some, she was willing.

Rashad grew confused as to where the voice was coming from until he looked up and seen Posh. He laughed at her antics.

"I gotta go!" He shouted back up to her.

Posh scoffed. "Boy bring your high yellow ass back up here to give—" Before she could go into full detail, Bradley yanked her out of the window.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" She scolded Posh.

Posh mugged her. "Bitch I'm helping,"

Bradley sighed before sticking her head out of the window. Looking down, Bradley could see the amusement all on Rashad's face. "Sorry about that," She apologized to him through the window. "I'll call you babe," Hurriedly, she closed the window along with her blinds.

"See if you had let me finished I bet his ass would have been up here by now and we would have been seeing our way out," Posh shrugged her shoulders as she bypassed Bradley to head back to the couch.

Bradley knew Posh truly would've had Rashad back upstairs, but she couldn't risk her neighbors knowing her business like that. It was already bad enough they gave her the side eye because she was the only black person in the building, she didn't need them knowing Rashad was about to lay the pipe on her. That'll just be another thing they would judge her for. "I'm about to go get ready, don't let this bitch do nothing else crazy," Bradley spoke to Usiah and Georgia in reference to Posh.

"You'll get the D someday friend, just not today," Georgia pouted at Bradley before she went ahead to get ready.

"I was so close," Bradley said to herself.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

RASHAD FAREWOOD,

"Where the fuck were you?" Duke, Rashad's best friend asked. The two had arrangements that had been set days prior and Rashad just came strolling in late.

Duke has been awaiting for Rashad at his condo for two hours now. After he got a text from Rashad telling him that he could use the spare key he had, he thought that Rashad would be back any minute.

Rashad carelessly waved him off. "I'm here now,"

Duke looked down at his Apple Watch checking the time. "Yeah, bout late as fuck. You know we need to go over this shit and you playing," Rashad was a real nonchalant motherfucker. He could be in the middle of a crisis and he remained laid back as hell. His nonchalant demeanor not only got on Duke's last nerve, but it also caused a ton of things to backfire on them.

"Why you always so uptight, just chill out and everything will go as planned," Applying his hand onto Duke's shoulder he gave it a slight squeeze with a chuckle. Rashad knew Duke hated when he was so calm like this, but he couldn't act any other way.

Duke roughly brushed Rashad's hand off of his shoulder with a glare. "Man if you keep going at this rate I'm gonna beat your ass," Duke threatened.

"Duke you can't be threatening me in my own house," Rashad laughed.

Duke cut his eyes at Rashad before laying out a blue print right before them. "You steady playing," Duke grumbled in a grumpy manner.

Rashad lifted his hands up in surrender. "I'm done," He laughed before focusing on the task at hand.

"You know where this place is?" Duke looked up at Rashad.

Rashad shook his head no. He wasn't a blue print type of guy, that was Duke's thing.

If Duke has been in a building before he could decipher it once again just by the blue print of it. He studied them just as much as doctors studied patients, all of the damn time. "This is Upside, off of West," Duke enlightened Rashad as he circled his finger amongst the blue print of the building.

Upside was a popular club that was the venue to almost all of the events. Duke and Rashad had their fair share of turning up at the place and they never disappointed. It was a shame that Upside was a target of business at the moment.

"Wait now, after this can we still go there because they parties be live?" Rashad asked out of curiosity. Upside was a nice establishment and he wanted to ensure that he would be able to enjoy it again.

Duke rolled his eyes at his stupid questions. "I don't give a fuck what we do after we get paid. Hell,we can probably host our own shit in Upside after this,"

Rashad nodded his head. "Go on,"

"Ight so it's three stories, majority of the guest is always downstairs in the club area, the second floor is VIP, and third floor is private rooms. The entire building runs on one power unit so if I could get through that then I can shut the whole club off for 20 seconds the most, until the back up generator starts back up," Duke explained as he used his black Sharpie marker to mark off the "hot spots" he would call them. In Dukes dictionary, the hot spots were placed he and Rashad could get easy access to without any difficulties. After a few days of closely examining the structure of the building he was able to concoct a safe and easy plan.

"How much time you think you need?" Duke asked Rashad.

Flustered with the allotted time at hand, Rashad shook his head at a lost. "Damn sure can't get it done in twenty seconds Duke. I need at least a minute and ten," Rashad was confident that he could get the mission done, but he needed a bit more of a grace period. In his line of work absolutely nothing could be rushed or sloppy.

Duke huffed out a breath of air. He had spent a week armoring up this plan to be full proof. "If I cut the main unit off then it'll take me about five minutes to even get to the generator. And depending on how complicated it is it'll probably take another five to shut it off," Duke sighed out as he ran his fingers through his hair.

They were on crunch time at the moment. This had to be completed and over within two days and they could not afford a screw up. The promoters of Upside had invited a special guest to the club for their weekly Saturday night event, that happened to always be packed. Their special guest weren't well acquainted with neither Rashad or Duke, but they knew all about him. With one opportunity to execute this properly, Rashad and Duke had no choice but to reconstruct their once full proof plan.

"We don't got enough time. Security would be getting him out by then," Rashad pointed out.

Duke stares down at the blue print for a little while longer. He was trying to rake his mind of any other way they could execute their task without causing troubles for them both. The last thing Duke wanted to do was throw Rashad into a situation he couldn't get out of.

"Shorty from Trinidad what's her name?" Duke snapped his fingers desperately trying to remember her name.

Rashad knew who he was thinking about all too well. He couldn't help himself but to roll his eyes in annoyance. "Rayven?"

Duke nodded his head. "Yeah Rayven, don't she still work the pole down at Upside?" He posed Rashad as if he would know.

Rashad scoffed in a disgusted manner. "I don't give a fuck 'bout that girl to be knowing what she's been getting into,"

Duke face went stale at how much pent up emotion and anger Rashad had for Rayven. It's been years, he should be over it by now. "Stop playing with your pussy and realize that Rayven is the only way I can get in there to shut off the generator before hand," He used his hand and smacked Rashad upside his head.

Rashad cut his brown eyes at Duke in an agitated manner. "Do whatever the fuck you gotta do. As long as you know that I won't be in the vicinity of her,"

Rayven was apart of Rashad's troubled past. She had so much bad energy and brought so many issues to his life. Everyone knew Rashad wore his heart on his sleeve and the way Rayven manipulated him was awful. She had taken away the only thing that could have possibly brightened Rashad's life at that moment without a care in the world.

Everyone around Rashad knew that Rayven wasn't the one for him, just by the way the two would interact. Rashad was one who would lay his life down for a person he cared about, sadly that was the case for him and Rayven. He would jump through hurdles and do backflips to please her and she would never do the same. Rayven was appeased by not having to do anything to have Rashad so inclined to please her. She was a user and a manipulator, someone Rashad vowed to never speak to or deal with again

"Fine, I'll handle it," Duke asserted.

After going through the new plan a few more times, Duke got whisked away by his own plans leaving Rashad alone at home.

The sun was beginning to set and Rashad couldn't help but to want to speak to Bradley before he found himself asleep.

The next day he would have absolutely no free time to chill with her since Duke wanted him alert and ready for Saturday.

"Hey," Bradley beamed as his face came to view on her screen after she answered the FaceTime call.

Rashad laid back. "What's up?"

Bradley sighed. "Nothing, just came in from a long day of shopping," Using one hand to angle the camera, Bradley used her other hand to hold up the multitude of bags she had to carry from her car. The girls' and Usiah's shopping spree got a little hectic once they ended up finding something cute in every store they went to. Bradley was sure she got the most things out of everyone and she didn't mind. What she did mind though, was now she had to figure out how to finesse some closet space to fit all of these new clothes.

Rashad eyes widened a bit at the sight of all of the bags. "You really had to go that hard?" He questioned.

"Uh yeah. What's the point of shopping a little at a time when you can just shop in a huge lump sum," She clarified her logic.

Rashad nodded agreeing with her. Although he would never go on a shopping spree of that range, he had to admit that she made sense. "I hope you got clothes that you can cover up in, you been showing way too much lately," Looking at the outfit she had on, served him right. She had on a cropped orange hoodie with absolutely nothing underneath. The bottom portion of her breast were in full display. She had secured her nipples with pasties which still weren't enough for Rashad.

"Says who?" She challenged with a raise of her perfectly arched brow.

"Me," Rashad stated.

Bradley waved him off. "I wear what I want, when I want, where I want, and how I want," She set the record straight.

Rashad scoffed not taking her stand serious. "Yeah whatever, we'll see about that,"

"We will," She shrugged her shoulders.

Rashad said nothing in return because he knew that at the end of it all, if he said no to an outfit that was that— no! There wouldn't be no compromising on her showing parts of her body that only he should see as of now. "So what are we doing tomorrow?" She asked while averting her attention to fitting her new clothes into the small bit of closet space she had left. Bradley had her phone propped up so she wouldn't have to hold it and Rashad wouldn't be stuck with just staring at the ceiling.

He could see her backside as she tossed and rearranged clothes. "Uh–" Rashad scratched his head. Since the day he and Bradley went to Farewood District Training, they had spent at least a few hours of the day together. Three weeks in, and the two already fell accustomed to planning something to spend some time together everyday. Rashad didn't know what to expect when he told her that tomorrow would be the first day they wouldn't even catch a glimpse of one another.

Bradley realized how long it was taking him to answer so she looked over her shoulder at her phone. He looked hesitant and in debate with himself. "Rashad if you don't want to spend time together tomorrow, you don't have to beat around the bush," She snapped a bit. She wasn't upset over the fact that there was a possibility they wouldn't spend time together. She was more annoyed over the fact that he was tiptoeing around it when he could just be blunt.

"See there you go flashing out again," He shook his head.

Turning around completely, Bradley got closer to the phone. "I'm sorry but did you just say again?" Bradley didn't think she ever copped an attitude with Rashad, but by the way his expression grew annoyed she could tell that he thought otherwise.

Rashad nodded his head. "Yeah, again," He clarified. "Just like you flashed out while we're watching the movie, you flashing out again,"

Bradley was in disbelief. Rashad never used that tone with her. It was getting to a point where she didn't even think he knew how to get upset or annoyed.

Bradley's attitude was something she's spent years on top of years taming. From a teenager, to a full grown woman, Bradley thought she did an extraordinary job at reconstructing not only herself but her once defensive and snappy attitude she built to fight off her drama-fied high school class. It really got under her skin when someone accused her of having an attitude when she didn't feel like she was.

The thing is, the only reason this disagreement even occurred was because there were emotions developing between the two. With both of them being stubborn and hard headed, they were trying to repel them without even noticing. "I don't have an attitude so you can stop saying that," Bradley rolled her eyes.

"Clearly you do,"

"Now I do because you keep accusing me of having one," She raised her voice a bit an indignant manner . She wasn't necessarily shouting, but Rashad knew she was only getting angrier by the second.

"Ight man. Clearly this discussion isn't going anywhere unless you calm down," He persisted.

Bradley's nostrils flared on her pretty little face. "I am calm!" She snarled at him. "Stop trying to make it seem like I'm angry or I have such a horrible attitude!" She was frustrated and angry that Rashad was continuing to pick at the situation.

"Ight Brad, I'll talk to you Saturday. You have a good night," Rashad was sure if they continued the talk then Bradley would just find herself driven more up the wall. To protect their foundation, Rashad decided to initiate the end of the conversation

Bradley cut her eyes at him. "Bye," She snapped once more, hanging up and finalizing the call.

Her breathing a bit choppy and her jaws were clenched. When she realized that, she retraced her breathing and unclenched her jaws.

"I don't have an attitude,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 144 101
"It ain't nothing like lovin' you" Franchise first of five 1. Lovin' (Edwin's Story)โœ” 2. Lying (Zion's Story) 3. Heaven (Brandon's Story) 4. RIP...
34.5K 658 19
"There's no touch or feeling Pleasure or pain Anything like the way you're runnin' through my veins No breath or beauty No sound or sight That ever m...
605K 23.8K 44
After earning a scholarship at the country's top boarding school, Y/N thinks she can change her shy, secluded, nerdy self to what she wishes she coul...
3.5K 46 51
You live in a small town with your parents and your brother. You later realize that you have a crush on your best friend. Read to find out what happe...