Harry Potter and a Series of...

By MikkiSteel2

Update: I have decided to post edits that had been in my thoughts So this is an OC story set in J.K. Rowling... More

Bridge Street
Possible changes
To Hogwarts?
Is this real?
Good and bad memories
Christmas at Hogwarts
Valentine's Day
One last adventure before Hogwarts
Another Rescue
Update
The end and beginnings
Solomons meet the Dursleys
The Rescue Part 1
The Rescue Part 2 Harry gets a Mom?
Kimberly becomes a teen mother
Not Harry but Hari?
The next step
Hari's shopping trip in London
A Real Birthday Party

The Jinx

309 3 0
By MikkiSteel2

I do not own Harry Potter.  This is a fanstory that I simply wanted to tell and has undergone many edits

Flashback

Thisstory starts in chaos. An explosion had gone off in an officebuilding. The explosion caught Nomaj and wizard alike. The intendedtarget has yet to be found.

Theculprit will be revealed to be Excavier Wick a Squib. He worked inthe local department of magical item disposal. The device was madefrom a combination of gunpowder, tnt, wands confiscated from over 20witches and wizards and a magical lighter. Among the dead was a youngwizard family, the Shebanis Jacob and Athena and their daughterKimberly Phoebe.

MinervaMcGonagall, Assistant Headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraftand Wizardry, read this a copy of the Daily Prophet in her office andher stomach dropped. She had encouraged the family to leave thecountry ever since You-Know-Who had risen to power. Now she sat inher office realizing she had lost yet another godchild. She wept asshe sat in her chair.

Littledid she know that the family wasn't completely gone. The explosionhadn't really killed the infant girl Kimberley. The effect of thewands being blown apart had released all the spells ever cast and thecombined effects resulted in changing anything within the vicinity.Some things weren't able to handle the changes and reverted on death.However young Ms. Shebani was able to survive the change and wound upchanged into a boy and the trauma sealed her magic.

Thechild was taken in by a Mathew and Elizabeth Simmons, a family havingtrouble conceiving a second child. Then just a few months later theyfound out they were going to have twins. However it didn't effect thelove they had for their little Connor. They vowed that they wouldraise and love him as their own and never tell him the truth.

AsConnor Simmons grew he tried to be a good son. He loved his familyand tried to help however he could. He was a good student and seemedto understand astronomy and chemistry easily, which pleased hisAstronomer father. He seemed gifted with musical instruments andloved music.

Yetwhen he got agitated odd things tended to happen. One example waswhen one of his twin brothers tried to prank him by swapping hisshampoo with the dogs' shampoo. When Connor started having a reactionto it and his brothers started laughing both boys had a bird swoopdown and peck their heads.

Anotherincident was when a friend who became a bully put hot pepper intoConnor's tissues. When Connor went to blow his nose a gout of flameerupted singeing the back of the boy's head. The boy wasn't reallyhurt but still scared. He tried to blame it on Connor but Connorbeing a kind boy, to the point that he was practically a doormat,only had the tissues and his house key on him. The teacher stillpunished Connor because said bully was her favorite.

Asthe years went on the events increased. This got to the point thatConnor became known as a Jinx and he increasingly retreated into hisreading and homework.

Onthe dawn of one June morning Connor rose early. His excitementcouldn't be contained. After all it "wasn't everyday a boybecomes 11".

Atthis point of the story Connor had super short hair that despite hismother's attempts would quickly grow out into curls. His hair was adeep brown that had blue tones to it. His eyes had an odd tendency toshift colors from blue to hazel. His face had a high cheekbones and asoft smile. His build was definitely on the more feminine lean butsince he had a preference for baggy clothes no one could tell from acasual glance. Still Connor regularly heard his mother's friendscomment that he would look so cute as a girl. His mother wouldpublicly squash these comments but then say the same thing whilegiving him his almost weekly haircut.

Ashe went outside to get the newspaper he could have sworn he saw alarge tawny owl in the tree. On top of the paper he found a letteraddressed to him. The thick paper had him excited but he waited untilhe was inside to open it.

Ashe came in he saw his father coming into the kitchen. Connor waved tohis dad, set the letter on the counter and got to work fixingbreakfast. Within minutes the coffee pot was brewing and a kettle ofwater was on the stove for tea. As the eggs were cooking, Connorsmiled. He liked cooking and with it being his birthday he wanted tocelebrate and make a special meal for his family.

Asthe rest of his family drifted in, the older twin Eric saw theenvelope. The ripping of the paper pulls Connor's attention and as hestarts towards it his brother calls out.

"Who'ssending a freak like you mail so early?" the voice held a clearmocking tone.

Connormanages to get it but is in the center of attention. His sister Maryrolls her eyes and yanks the pan from Connor's hand.

"Don'tspill it," She chides him.

"Sorry,"Connor says with a blush.

Asshe empties the eggs into the waiting bowl their mother chimes in.

"Let'sjust focus on this meal and we can address the issue afterwards,"she said unfolding her napkin and sitting down.

Connorstuffs the letter in his pants pocket and finishes putting the restof the meal on the table. As they all sit down Connor has a bundlepressed into his hands.

"Thisis for you son," his dad says.

Connoropens it to find a multi tool like the one his dad carried.

"Itcomes with a lifetime warranty. I'll show you how to take off thefactory edge tonight and really sharpen it," he says rufflinghis hair.

Asthey dig into the meal talk revolves around their plans for the day.His brothers talk about the games they are going to play with theirfriends. They give Connor a look saying that he isn't invited.

Hisolder sister and mom are all wrapped up with their talk aboutpreparing her to head off to college. That leaves Connor with thechores for the day and alone time since his only real friend movedafter the last day of school.

AsConnor gets up to clear the table his youngest brother Tim snarks athim.

"Whataren't you going to share the contents of your 'freak letter'?Probably a letter from one of your freaks." He almost snarls.

Fortwins the two boys looked pretty different. While Aaron was round anddarker haired, Tim was almost as tall as Connor and slightly lighterin hair color. Both had the same face though and looked like theirparents. Neither one treated him like their older brother. In factsometimes they were bigger bullies than the kids at school but Connorloved them all the same.

Connor'sstomach dropped. He hadn't forgotten it he just wanted to read italone in his room. Swallowing he fished the letter out of his pants.

DearMr. Connor Simmons,

Youare formally invited to the Illvermorny School of Witchcraft andWizardry, America's oldest wizarding school. Should you choose toaccept you will be attending an elite school. This is where we willhelp you focus your unique gifts and talents to prepare you for thefuture. Simply reply and a representative will be picking you and aguardian up on the 16th of July to get your school supplies anduniforms. The school year begins August 4th.

Sincerely,

AlexanderFranklin,
Headmaster

Connorfelt torn because if this was real it explained so much. Yet if itwas a joke then it was a truly mean spirited one. The clear lines andpenmanship wasn't anything the local bullies could pull off. The detail in the school seal was incredible. Running his fingersacross the page he felt something different yet familiar about it.

Hismother Elizabeth snatched the letter out of his hands and turned itevery which way. "Well if it's a joke it's a well crafted one."

"Whynot reply since they don't seem to be asking for any money? Maybeit's tied to one of your books or fan clubs you are apart of,"his dad said hoping to encourage his son on his birthday.

Connorlooks to his mother and she nods her approval. Feeling inspired,Connor hurried to grab his favorite quill pen and replies yes.Stuffing the letter in the mail, he then gets to work. As his familydrifts off to their activities he gets to work on his chores. Oncecompleted he pulls out the other page detailing the list of schoolsupplies and his brain races about the possibilities. His oldersister hadn't gotten anything like it and his brothers were so normalhe doubted they would.

Hemay understand science but part of him felt there was more. When theweird stuff happened part of him was excited even when all the stufffrom his family told it was wrong.

Therest of the day and the following days pass the same as the previousdays. The only difference was the odd number of owls that seemed topass through the neighborhood."

"Hadthey always passed through like that?" he thought to himself.

Ashe found himself reading over things he seemed to remember oddlittle details about the incidents. He realized that aside fromanimosity and calling him a freak the days after anything reallybizarre people didn't ask him how he did it. Not to mention all thetimes he saw something odd but everyone else looked right past it.

Thenone morning while everyone else was still asleep he got anotherletter.

"DearMr. Simmons,

Pleaseexpect a visit from a Ms. Rebecca Holden on the morning of the 16th.She will be taking you to New York City where you will be shown thewizard marketing to purchase your uniform and school supplies. Theenclosed supply and reading list is in full compliance with standardsand practices of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

Areminder: first years are not allowed on their house Skyball or moretraditionally known Quadpot teams nor allowed brooms. Furthermorestudents are not allowed any gaming systems, radios, cassette playersor similar devices.

Connorread through the supply list. Part of him cried out in joy,"Finally". The other part of him was still in disbelief.That day once he completed his chores he walked down the street tothe library. Waving to his mother's friend at the desk he went to thefantasy section then to the reference section and started looking fora book on plants and herbal remedies.

Hislogic was that if this school was real then he was going to beprepared and if not well then it's more cool stuff to know. As hedove into the books he realized that what he thought to have beenfantasy must have come from of these remedies. There were facts likewolfsbane was also called monkshood and .

Italso said that compounded properly many innocuous and local plantscould be combined into poultices and compounds to ease pain. He madesure to copy that down in case he got ambushed again.

Hemade his notes and left. After leaving the library Connor headed to acopse of trees. The outside looked littered but inside was clean. Anold tree that was hollowed out and home to a few animals stood.

Ashe looked up at the sky he pulled out one of his favorite books. Hewill miss this place but he knows he'll find a new place andhopefully some new friends.

Theweeks pass and on the morning of the 16th there is a knock on thedoor. A very smart looking woman is standing on the door step.Dressed in a long blue trench coat despite the summer heat. Herblonde hair was pulled up in a high bun. Her black boots shine and asshe adjusted her horn rimmed glasses she had a very seriousexpression that instantly softened upon seeing Connor.

"Goodmorning dear I'm looking for Connor Simmons," she said.

"I'mhim but I didn't expect you so early," Connor says stuttering,"Umm do you have ID?"

"Ofcourse and how very prudent," the woman says opening her coatand pulls out an ID.

Connorsees a weird wooden handle peeking from the inner pocket. As Connorlooks over the ID with the logo of MACUSA. Sarah Rebecca HoldenDepartment Of NoMaj Liaison for Young witches and wizards.

"Ummwhat's a NoMaj?" Connor asks.

Thewoman smiles "That's the term for anyone without magic. And asfor the next question MACUSA is the government body that handles theaffairs of Witches, Wizards and Magical Creatures. Now shall we headinside?"

StunnedConnor steps back, "Of course would you like some coffee?"

Asthe woman closes the door he leads her to the kitchen table. "Sure,I'll take a cup." The woman says sitting down.

"Sothis is real? I'm not having a dream or mental break?" Connorsays pouring the woman a cup.

Sarahsighs but hides it behind the coffee cup. She knew that his birthparents were dead. She read the history in each file of the studentsshe escorted. It was part of the process to evaluate the studentsearly. She knew Connor had been found at the site of the terroristattack that killed Wizard and NoMaj alike. Yet he seemed polite ifcautious, self-reliant and kind. She also had some suspicions thatshe guess she would have to see out.

AsConnor moved around the kitchen preparing breakfast, his motherwalked in. The thin woman went rigid and cast an angry look atConnor. Her black hair was up in curls. Her oval shape face was setby a pair of hazel eyes.

There is still more in this chapter I just couldn't resist sharing. Let me know what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 0 18
Y/N Potter is, of course, the sister of Harry Potter, though not exactly destined for greatness like her brother. The curse sent by Voldemort in Godr...
329 69 38
Two Ilvermorny witches get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to represent their school in the Triwizard tournament, but along the way they find their...
32.7K 404 28
Finished!! Your a new student at Hogwarts. though you seem normal, there is something about you people can't seem to shake. You meet these three kids...
55.4K 1.1K 20
(Completed) Iris and Harry live with the Dursleys' together. Harry sleeps in the cupboard under the stairs. Iris sleeps in the basement with the mice...