π™π™ƒπ™π™Šπ™π™‚π™ƒ π™π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™† 𝘼�...

By luciuscurls

*.βœ§π™ƒπ˜Όπ™π™π™„π™€π™ π™…π˜Όπ™ˆπ™„π™€ π™‹π™Šπ™π™π™€π™ have never thought that someone who she despised and hated a lot na... More

β€»β€»β€»
warnings and etc
prologue
i. third year
1. Buckbeak and His claws.
2. Boggarts and Potions.
3. Dementors.
4. Checkmate
5. Hospital Wing
6. A gift and A Godfather.
7. Christmas and Wolves
8. Bloody Patronus and Firebolt
9. Curiousity and Cats
10. The Firebolt Returns
11. Hole-and-corner
12. Whomping Willow
13. Black Truth
14. Daily Prophet
15. Present
16. Prophecy
17. De novo
ii. fourth year
1. Toujours Pur
2. Doxies and St. Mungo's
3. Invito
4. The Burrow
5.1 Quidditch World Cup
5.2 Quidditch World Cup
6. His sorrow
7. Hogwarts Express
9. Skrewts and Curses
10. Imperius
11. Their Business
12. Nicked Meetings
13. The Champions
14. Revelations
15. The Badges
16. Unexpected Visit
17.1 Toil and Troubles
17.2 Arrangement
18. Kitchen Meetings
19.1 First Task
19.2 First Task
20. Play it like it's Quidditch.
21.1 Headlines and Hogsmeade
21.2 Frowny Jamie
22.1 A Miscalculation
update.
22.2 Madness

8. The Triwizard Tournament

2.6K 65 39
By luciuscurls

"Did you saw the large ship on the great lake and the gigantic pack of horses outside?" Ron says as the Sorting hat yelled 'Gryffindor', "Who do you think it was?"

"There's a bloody storm outside and I was busy dodging water balls from Peeves, Ron. I won't be able to see anything," said Jamie.

"Yeah, but when did we ever get visitors who have ships and carriages? It's the first time."

"It must be about the big thing that everybody is so keen to talk about," Hermione says without looking up from her book.

"What is everyone waiting for?" Ron muttered after the sorting for the students has come to its end. Dumbledore hasn't announced the beginning of the feast and is in deep in conversation with Professor McGonagall, "It's not funny. They are keeping us waiting until we starved to death."

"Oh, don't be dramatic, Ronald, Is food the only thing in your mind?" Hermione reprimanded across Jamie, "Honestly, you're a complete Hippogriff. You did not even notice the seat for our Defense teacher is unoccupied."

Jamie turned her head to look where their new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professors would usually sit and there was none, "You think they couldn't find one this year?"

"That's just impossible, they wouldn't dare continue the year without completing the staff," Hermione says before thunderclaps and lightning flashed outside, while the enchanted ceiling mirrors what the state of clouds are on the outside. Deep colors varied in purples and red swirled around above their heads and everyone would jump in of their seats at the occasional booming sounds of thunder.

Jamie's gaze soon drifted from the ceilings and to someone behind Hermione's shoulder. Her eyes caught Malfoy's who was talking to Zabini and turned his head just in time to meet hers.

Jamie still has not forgotten the thing about Malfoy and his father who have a history of being a Death Eater. But the look in Malfoy's face when Jamie questioned him in the forest is enough to be an answer for the rising million questions, even though she doesn't have any other evidence to prove that his father is indeed one of them on that night.

     If only I have another way to know more about it, then we can use it against them.

Her brows soon knitted in confusion when Malfoy has not given his own signature smirk or anything that will agitate her. It already happened before. Instead, Malfoy only stared back at her with a piercing gaze. Jamie suddenly recalls her stupid fight with Parkinson on the train and the git didn't even bother to stop his stupid girlfriend.

What does Cedric mean by Malfoy's staring? He said Malfoy was too preoccupied with it, and Jamie has come to a conclusion that he embarrassingly gets off on his stupid girlfriend attacking and harassing anyone who comes on their way. Every time Jamie is thinking of Parkinson and Malfoy together, she wants to throw up and Jamie can't figure out the reason why.

Jamie did wish to have a quiet year, and what a way it is to start by having a senseless and stupid fight with Malfoy's girlfriend. She expected more from herself.

     It's not worth my time, really, they worth nothing.

She's getting tired of her time being consumed by the nonsense fighting with Malfoy and his lackeys, who bully and push everyone around. She would like to glue their tongue to the roofs of their mouths someday, so the peacefulness of Hogwarts and in their lives would finally settle.

Their little staring competition across the great hall was cut off by Ron elbowing her side to look at Mr. Filch, who is running funnily from the doors of the great hall and to the table for the teachers.

"Why is Mr. Filch running like that?" Ron snickered, "It's like his arse was bitten and chewed by Mrs. Norris,"

Jamie let out an unexpected laugh and Hermione can't help her giggle too from escaping. Everyone was suddenly hushed and silenced when Professor Dumbledore rose from his chair and walked to his podium.

"Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make number of announcements before starting our feast along with our new guests," Professor Dumbledore says and Jamie's stomach fluttered with excitement, "This year, we have our new Professor for Defense against the Dark Arts and I am pleased to introduce you my dear old friend, Professor Moody."

Everyone turns their head just in time to see a stranger in a heavy coat, barging into the great hall with the furious tapping of his cane echoing loudly as it assists him to the aisle. Deep scars filled the stranger's face, and his eyes are what made him looked scarier. The other one is rolling around vigorously against its small glass containment, while his normal eye is fixed only to Dumbledore.

Both of the men shake hands and everyone clapped, though Jamie can hear more the confused ones.

"Moody?" Ron repeated, "Alastor Moody?"

"Who's he?" Jamie says questioningly.

"He's an Auror, thanks to him half of the Azkaban cells are filled." Ron answered, "I heard from this morning that there's a ruckus in house and dad have to go there early before muggles started noticing what's up."

They all watched their new professor sit beside Dumbledore's chair and pushed away his plate before tugging something from his belt. He revealed a flask that he opened hastily and took a big gulp.

"It's too early to drink, don't you think?" Hermione says curiously.

"Yeah," Jamie murmured, "Bet that's not just pumpkin juice in his boot."

All of their attention was redirected to Dumbledore who is still standing behind his podium. "For the other announcement, it is my painful duty to say that the Inter-house Quidditch Cup among the houses will not take place this year-,"

"What?!" Jamie bellowed loudly, quite not believing what she just heard. Jamie was looking forward on beating Malfoy this year once again, just to wipe that smirk away from his pointed and ugly mug!

Jamie looked around to her teammates and Fred, George and the other members of the Gryffindor Quidditch team have all of their jaws dropped from the news.

"-This is due to an event that will be starting soon in the very grounds of Hogwarts and continuing throughout the school year," Said Dumbledore, "The castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, that some of you may have heard already... The Triwizard tournament."

Whispers and buzzing around the Great hall starts to rise in the air, and Fred and George had cheered excitedly.

"The what?" said Jamie once again and getting more and more confused with the sudden turn of everyone's outcry on canceling of Quidditch to giddiness on some tournament.

Ron mirrored her confusion, "I don't know, mate. Dumbledore said something about three lizards."

Fred smacked the back of Ron's head and Jamie winced, "Idiot, It's The Triwizard Tournament, not Trilizard tournament."

Ron rolled his eyes, "You don't have to hit me! It's not my fault that I can't hear because of your shouting!"

Fred was about to say something when suddenly snapped his mouth shut and smiled excitedly to George before whispering on his twin's ear.

"Oi, what are you whispering about-?"

"Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard tournament has not been held for over a century." says Dumbledore, "Our Department of International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports have decided the time is ripe for another attempt. We have worked last year and this summer to arrange and ensure that this time, no champion will find themselves in mortal danger."

"Mortal danger?" Hermione repeated wildly.

"The Triwizard Tournament is for those who are ready to commit themselves for the Eternal Glory." Dumbledore continued, "The chosen champion is to compete without a doubt. You are to stand alone and represent every courage you had as when you joined the tournament, and trust me when I say that these contest are not for the faint-hearted,"

"The Triwizard tournament brings together three European schools of wizardry. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete," Dumbledore says, "For now, please do join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their Headmistress, Madam Maxime!"

The doors to the Great Hall opened widely and a group of foreigner students in blue dresses started walking their way with velvet blue butterflies erupting behind each of them. Soon, a giant woman who seems to be the Headmistress comes into the great hall and Dumbledore walked from the aisle to help the giant woman.

Dumbledore looked tiny beside her and Jamie has not seen a giant woman before in her life that is almost in Hagrid's size.

She clapped politely and Jamie soon noticed that Hermione is glaring daggers to Ron, who is suddenly dazed and almost swaying on his seat.

It reminded Jamie of Ron's actions during the world cup, which Mr. Weasley stopped him just in time from jumping off the top box because of the Veelas. It was the first time she heard of them, and Jamie decided to be more used on what she's learning every day from the Wizarding world.

She pinched Ron's side with all of her might and Ron finally snapped out of it before yelping, "That hurts, Jamie!"

Jamie smirked, "Someone must do it before you can start your tap dancing on our table."

"And now our friends from the north," said Dumbledore, "Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their High Master, Igor Karkaroff."

Group of male students who looked grumpier than Sirius on the daylight, have walked in and entered the doors of the Great Hall. They wore a red and black uniform with a black fur cloak hanging on their shoulder, they all have a staff that they kept tapping on the ground and sparks started appearing under.

"Blimey it's him, it's Viktor Krum!" Ron says with wide eyes and stared at the boy passing their table. Jamie has recognized him back on the world cup who flies brilliantly across the large stadium.

Soon, Krum started walking beside a man who looked like an Igor Karkaroff and performance was held too.

"Reckon how many times did all of them practice their entrance?" Jamie snickered and Hermione smirked at her in return.

"Enough for Ronald to be so impressed," Hermione says and they both giggled when Ron blushed furiously. They crane their necks to see where the visitors have chosen to seat; the Beauxbatons are sitting with the Ravenclaws, while the Durmstrang students are sitting with the Slytherins.

"Bloody hell, they're sitting with the snakes," said Ron, "That's too bad."

"Thank you and Welcome to Hogwarts! We will now announce the commencement of starting the Triwizard tournament." Dumbledore paused, "The ministry has seen fit to impose new rules and they are here to explain the regulations of the tournament. We have the Head of the Department of International Magic Cooperation, Mister Bartemius Crouch, along with Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

Two figures walked out of the door behind the teacher's table in the aisle as everyone clapped in greeting. A stern looking man in neat suit and tie appeared limping with the assistance of his cane. Ludo Bagman soon followed behind him and came out of the door while levitating a massive goblet. The said goblet seems to be pulsing of magic and encrusted with diamonds that made everyone gasp in amazement and to its utter beauty.

Mr. Filch pulled out a holder for the massive goblet. Bagman laid it on the holder as gentle as he can, afraid that it's going to break or drop from his hold.

"So much for a night," Hermione murmured and Jamie can't agree more with her.

"If only Percy could see who's standing in front of us, he will piss himself," said Ron.

As the clappings started to lessen, Mr. Crouch settled himself in the middle of the aisle.

"First off as you have already heard, One from each school will be chosen to compete on the Triwizard tournament with an Impartial judge that will decide which students are most worthy to compete in the Triwizard tournament," Mr. Crouch says and each word of his are hanging on the dead silent air, "Each champion will be marked on how well they perform and their survival skills on each of these three tournament tasks.

"The champion who has the highest mark out of all will deem and hold the eternal glory of their school, and a thousand Galleons prize money." continued Mr. Crouch.

The buzzing from different students on the Great hall starts to become worse, even Ron is standing already from his seat to have a good look at the goblet with a determined look on his face.

"Thousand Galleons?" Jamie asked Hermione, "That's a very large prize for a tournament, isn't it?"

Hermione agreed with her, "With that suspicious number of galleons, it sounds like it must be exchanged with something larger than the number itself."

"Whatever that is, I think it's what makes it worth joining!" Ron says gleefully.

"Silence!" A flash of thunder clapped as Professor Dumbledore's voice echoed until to the very end of the great hall. "Now, Mr. Ludo Bagman will tell us some of the regulations before competing in the Triwizard tournament."

"Thank you, Dumbledore." Bagman says gratefully, "Everyone who wishes to enter the tournament must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it in the goblet, the name of three representatives and competitors will be known on the first night of November."

"However, after numerous deliberations, The Ministry has concluded and agreed to impose an age restriction, that no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard tournament, and this decision is final."

The Great Hall is suddenly filled with cries of disapproval and outrage. It seems that some of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang's students have joined the commotion too. Even Ron and the twins are out of their seats.

"This is only a safety precautionary that the Ministry is approving of, and I will personally be ensuring that no underage can hoodwink the goblet in any means." warned Dumbledore, "I will be drawing an age line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed first thing tomorrow. I repeat that Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross the line."

"Once a champion has been selected, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. There can be no change of heart as it constitutes a binding of magical contract." Professor Dumbledore said firmly, "If you have any questions regarding the said tournament, kindly reach and ask the Head of your Houses."

"May the rest of our night be filled with warm and content with our new companions. New questions might surface that will change each one of us, but as I say in precaution, do not as ever lose your way." Dumbledore says before smiling, his eyes twinkling before his half-moon spectacles and opened widely his arms, "Tuck in."

The table starts to become filled magically before their eyes. Another word from Dumbledore is said for them to decode and take seriously into their hearts, what could be these questions?

Jamie was already digging the treacle tart when she finally noticed that Ron has not moved even a fork or a spoon, and is staring more intently on the goblet in the middle of the aisle instead of the desserts in his front.

It seems like Ron was not the only one. Half of the Great hall is filled with excitement that everyone had forgotten the delicious dinner in front of them, and are more focused on the Goblet with a look of hunger and every intent to touch the blazing eternal glory in their hands.

"Ron, aren't you going to eat? The dinner is going to be cold soon," said Jamie jokingly, knowing full well that there's no way their food will be nippy with layers of permanent warming charms from the house-elves under them. Her smile soon dropped into a frown when Ron shows no movement.

"Yeah, but I can't eat when a thousand galleons are there just in front of us," Ron says distractedly, "say, Hermione, do you reckon that there are other ways to join the tournament without passing the age line?"

"Of course, there are." Hermione looked doubtful, "but, you know better than this, Ronald. Dumbledore's magic is far more different-,"

"Yeah, yeah." says Ron before finally digging on the dinner, "But October is still a long way to go, everyone will have their ways to try and enter the tournament."

"Planning to join, hmm, Ron?" Fred says giddily.

"Mum won't be pleased if she heard her little Ronny will join the tournament," said George.

Ron blushed at the nickname, "And what about you two?! You are planning too on joining it!"

"That's right, little brother! That's our spirit!" George cheered, "What's a life without a little risk, eh?"

"What about the age line around it?" Jamie questioned. She wonders how furious Dumbledore will be that an underage managed to slip in his magic and had joined the tournament successfully.

"They're not stopping us from entering!" Fred exclaimed with a determined look, "The champions will get to do all sorts of stuff that a regular student is never allowed to, and a thousand galleons prize of money on the top of all things!"

"Yeah, the thousand galleons too..." Ron agreed with a faraway look that made Jamie and Hermione exchanged a glance with a frown.

"Come on," Hermione says and finished her meal. Jamie has lost her appetite before she can finish her treacle tart. "Let's finish our dinner before we can cramp our way out of the hall."

—————

A/n: this is just an introductory chapter for the tournament and I advise you all to expect fewer word counts or short chapters from now on. We're about to hit 20k soon!♡ and I really can't wait for you all to know what's coming!! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 195 34
Draco Malfoy and Emma Dawlish attend Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Emma is almost always a straight A student and she is forced to wo...
23.1K 589 36
β˜† second story in the sequel β˜† β€’ go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! βœ°β˜½β™‘π‘βœ―β˜Ό He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
107K 1.5K 33
A Draco Malfoy love story// For readers 16+ Smut, love, & a lot of messes. -Even when drowning seemed like the only option, I was able to find someo...
72.4K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...