Allure

By InkD_Roses

If one day is all we had, will you make it worth my while? City girl-Bradley Hughes battles with her emotions... More

1| Welcome To Allure
2| Southern Hospitality
3| Welcome To Allure Girl
5| Untamed
6| Unity
7| Upside to Downside
8| Little Situation
9| Everybody Needs Somebody Pt.II
10| Consensus
11| I Cared. I Care.
12| Unbothered
13| Damage Control
14| Slip Ups
15| Well- Do You Mean It?
16| All On Bradley
17| Allure Me 2
18| Is It Jealousy?
19| Hello Indonesia,
20| Ratchet Happy Birthday
21| Facing The Burdens
22| Get It Under Control
23| Topic of Discussion
24| Evolving
25| We're Doing This Again?
26| Because I'm Your Friend
27| When The Family Feuds
28| For Future Purposes Only
29| Letting It All Go
30| Revisit and Rebuild
31| What's Coming
32| Understood
33| Its None Of Your Business!
34| Living
35| Promised
36| In Due Time
37| And Many More...
38| Revitalizing
39| Resurfaced Love & Pain
40| Going Through The Motions
41| Progressing
42| Embarking Possibilites
43| Anything For You
44| Until Then
45| Back Home To You
46| From Here On Out
47| Everlasting Unity
48| Focus
49| Choosing Me
50| Salvation
51| Rashad Knows Best
52| Rashad STILL Knows Best
53| Stuntin' Like My Daddy
54| Closing In
55| All About Change
56| The New Beginning
57| Could've Been
58| Communicate It
59| Trust The Process
60| Getting Back
61| In With The New
62| Reoccuring
63| Issues
64| Warm Welcome
65| Dilemma
66| Middle Ground
67| Making The Effort
68| Touchy Situation
69| Powerful Ego
70| Comes to the Light
71| Settling the Score
72| Touch and Go
73| Make Your Choice
74| Bradley's Intuition
75| Tread Lightly
76| Wrong or Right

4| Everybody Needs Somebody

35K 1.9K 1.4K
By InkD_Roses

NEW ORLEANS , LOUISIANA

RASHAD, FAREWOOD,

Bradley scanned her eyes around Rashad's condo. The color scheme of the apartment differed from the white and silver she had for her own. The wooden floors contrasted perfectly with the dark appliances and furniture. His home reminded her of his truck.

"Your place is nice," She complimented.

"Thank you," He said over his shoulder.

Bradley coming to his place was a bit unexpected, it just happened. He was glad that he wasn't some type of slob so his place looked picture perfect. They had just came from their fourth outing this week.

Being silly he and Bradley raced to the car. Whoever lost would have to go to the other's house. It wasn't much of a punishment, but with both of them being competitive the race was neck and neck.

As expected, Bradley got a little winded and slowed down letting Rashad take the lead, now here she was in his bachelor pad.

Rashad never took anyone to his house. If you weren't a close friend or family you couldn't come in. He was a tad bit nervous about Bradley coming over because now they had to find something to do.

It was Sunday meaning, Allure was closed. Bradley's phone continued to go off since women still felt the need to book their appointments with her.  "So we can chill in the living room or my room," He told her as he grabbed blankets from one of his closets.

"Living room is fine," She smiled.

Rashad and Bradley had been going out for the past two weeks now. Whenever the shop closed, Rashad would take her out on some type of new adventure. Today however, Bradley chose the destination which landed them both in church.

Rashad never really had a problem with going church, his family simply never went. He grew up with his father traveling with whatever basketball team he was coaching at the time. This resulted in the stability within the family unit to be rocky until his mother, Paige decided her and the four boys were set to stay in New Orleans, where they were originally from.

Throughout this time, church was the last thing on the Farewood family's mind.

Bradley however, always went to church. Even when she moved down to New Orleans at seventeen on her own, she found her a nice and inviting church and became an active goer.

It was nice to incorporate a little bit of her world into Rashad's since it seemed like that's all he's been doing.

"Cool," Rashad said as he made his way back to the living room with two different blankets, one for him and one for her.

Bradley remained standing up. She wouldn't take a seat without him telling her to do so. She didn't want to look too comfortable.

Rashad eyed her oddly. "You gone stand there all day?" He asked her with a chuckle. "Get comfortable,"

The tenseness in her shoulders alleviated itself. She slid her arms out of the sleeves of her blazer leaving her in her slacks and blouse.

Rashad began to unbutton his dress shirt, getting comfortable as well. Once he took off the shirt, he went a step further with taking off his wife beater. His upper half was bare allowing Bradley to fall into a trance as she fawned over his washboard abs.

Swallowing down the nerves that accumulated in her throat, Bradley detached her orbs away from him. Rashad paid her no mind as he began getting comfortable on the much longer couch he had set up in his living room. Bradley who didn't want to overstep boundaries laid on the second couch he had in his living room.

Rashad noticed the distance between them and shook his head. "Come over here," He called her over.

Bradley sighed. She got up and dragged herself and the blanket over to him. He opened his arms up for her causing her to lay directly on top of him. She squirmed around for a moment trying to get comfortable. When she finally did, her head laid on his chest. "What you tryna' watch?"He asked her. Rashad drapes his arm across her back causing his hand to rest softly on her rear. Bradley didn't mind so she let it be.

Contemplating on what to watch she let him scroll through Netflix until he got to something that caught both of their eyes. "This one got Megan Good fine ass in it," He pointed out a movie that was titled Deuces. The Netflix original was rated at 5.1 which propelled Bradley to nod her head, agreeing to watch it.

"You only wanna watch it to lust after her," Bradley rolled her eyes playfully.

Rashad laughed. The vibration of his laughter found its way into Bradley's body. "I ain't never gone get Megan Good, but I got you," He shrugged his shoulders.

Looking up at him, she scoffed. "Just because you paid for a few meals and did a whole lot of cute stuff, doesn't mean you got me," She disclaimed.

Rashad waved her off. "You talk a whole lotta shit man,"

"I can back it up though,"

Peering his eyes down at her, he met her gaze. "We'll see,"He simply stated with a smirk.

The movie began and even though Rashad was the one who chose it, Bradley seemed more interested than he was. She loved the story line and the way the film kept her on her toes. The ratings served her correct. "This confusing," Rashad groaned out in frustration.

Sitting up, Bradley ended up straddling his waist. His hands immediately gravitated to her thick thighs which he rubbed on. "Basically the undercover cop's sister is messing with the drug dealer he's trying to bust," She explained to him while keeping her eyes onto the television.

Rashad liked seeing her so focused and worked up over the movie. He laughed at every time she would try the tell the characters how to operate their pre-destined life. Whenever they did the opposite of what she suggested she would call them names like, stupid, airhead, or ditzy. "Megan Good barely in it," Rashad added in a tone of disappointment.

Bradley swatted her hand against his chest. "Maybe if you would put your phone down, you would actually catch the scenes she was in," Bradley despised nothing more than someone who paid no attention to a movie then complained about not understanding it.

Departing his eyes from the phone he looked at her. "No,"

"Well then stay confused," She shrugged.

"You cute when you worked up," Rashad cooed down at her.

Bradley was someone who was hard to take serious, which was something that triggered her. She tried to go through life being as nice as possible, but that only worked in her favor up until high school. She was used to being called cute when she evidently had an attitude. It annoyed her so much. "Don't do that," She got up from the position they were in.

Rashad furrowed his brows. He was taken aback by how she switched up her moods like that. He and Bradley were usually all laughs and jokes when they got together, but right now she was serious. Her face was screwed up while her hand was planted on her hips. Just as she did, Rashad sat up. "What I do?" Confused, he questioned her hoping that wouldn't have added fuel to the fire.

"Play with me. It bothers me when I'm serious and people take me as a joke," Bradley explained.

"Brad we were talking about a movie,"

Carelessly, she shrugged her shoulders. "If you can do it now then you can do it during a serious talk,"

Sighing out, he took her hand into his, lacing their fingers together. "My bad," Rashad apologized before bringing her hand up to his lips. "Won't happen again," Rashad knew very well that it was bound to happen again, but to suffice her needs, he assured her it wouldn't.

For the rest of the movie, Rashad stayed off his phone and gave his undivided attention to the movie. He couldn't lie, after paying attention the movie got better and less confusing. All in all, both he and Bradley enjoyed it.

"Thanks for paying attention," Bradley grinned.

It had been a tad bit awkward since she told him off about taking her as a joke. She didn't mean for it to come out so abrupt and harsh, she just wanted to make it clear that, that was something she just didn't like. Rashad seemed to take the insight about her dislike for it well, but he couldn't hide the fact that he was a bit skeptical about her now. Him personally, felt like that was nothing to get upset over. He was going to give her the benefit of the doubt though because everyone dealt with things differently.

"I'm glad I did too, it was a real good movie," Rashad stood up from the couch helping her fold up the blanket she had just used to keep warm.

Thanking him for the help, Bradley handed the blanket over to him so he could put away. She felt like after one movie that she had spent enough time over at his place. She didn't want him getting the wrong impression especially so soon.

In silence, Bradley slipped on her blazer and her four inch heels that she thought were suitable for church.

Rashad decided to change. He didn't want to remain snug in the stuffy dress shirt so he reverted to a graphic tee he got from a trip to the mall he took not to long ago.

Bradley stood awaiting for him to lead the way out. Instead of doing so, Rashad looked over her in an attentive manner. "So—," She stretched out motioning her hands towards the door.

Rashad set his keys down before slipping out of the Nike slides he Had just put on so he could head out. "We ain't leaving," He turned away from her. Taken aback, Bradley stood there with a blank expression on her face as she watched him go further into the hallway of his condo.

Bradley followed. The clicking of her heels hinted to Rashad that she wasn't too far behind him.

Rashad got to his bedroom where he carelessly plopped down on the bed. His bedroom was the room he stayed in the most. He rarely spent time out in his living room. He was slightly bummed when Bradley shut down the visit to his bedroom. He wasn't thinking how she thought he was thinking. He genuinely just wanted to lay in the comfort of his king sized bed and not those stuffy ass couches he only got for decoration.

"Rashad," Bradley breathes out as she stood at the threshold of the door to his bedroom. She couldn't help but to get distracted by the matching theme his bedroom possessed. Bradley wasn't much of a dull female, but Rashad's decor was making her second guess that. She loved how the smooth wooden floors had now surpassed barriers and carried onto the right wall of his bedroom. The incorporation of red stone brick gave her an urban and uptown feel. The room definitely was beautiful, it had her wishing that she chose to chill in there, instead of the living room.

"What baby?" Flipping over to his back, he admired her as she let the room grasp her attention.

"Home," She muttered before snapping out of the trance. "I thought you were taking me home?"

"Brad, it's 1 PM, you really trying to leave this early?" With his brow hiked up, he asked her.

"I mean I didn't want to overstay. You probably wanted your home to yourself. And you didn't even know I was coming here today so it's kind of sudden," She spilled out in a rant. Rashad thought the way she over analyzed things was a blessing and a curse. Bradley had the ability to pick your mind so well, but when she got to picking her own mind she dug herself into a ditch of overthinking which caused her to over react in some situations.

Sitting up, Rashad let a chuckle filtrate out of him. "Brad, if I wanted you to leave we wouldn't have watched a movie. Stop overthinking so much,"

"Alright Rashad," She walked into the bedroom. Bradley stood at the foot of the bed as he laid back letting his head be supported by one of his many pillows. As always, he admired her as her hand clung to her hip and her hair flowed effortlessly down to her sides. He realized being with Bradley, you had to deal with the many hair styles she ran through a week.

With her having the skill to do her own hair, she switched it up whenever she got bored. Bradley had dumped the body wave and went straight with a side part that complimented her face. Since Rashad has been around her, he's never seen her go short, but it made him wonder how sexy she would look if she would've.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Bradley folded her arms across her chest.

A smirk embedded itself onto Rashad's handsome face. "How you make a church clothes look good, man?" He sighed out as if he were in disbelief.

Bradley could feel a swarm of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Her cheek bones peaked up into a smile while she felt her face heat up. Rashad was just an endless string of compliments when it came to her. He complimented her when they were on the phone together. He complimented her whenever he stopped by the shop to bring her lunch or breakfast. He complimented her when he picked her up, and he was complimenting her now.

"Come on, get comfortable," He encouraged her. His arms were spread open. With him playing ball for so long, his body was built for it. His wingspan was pretty long, his arms almost reached each side of the king size bed.

Once again, Bradley slipped out of her blazer. She was beginning to lean down to take off her heels, but Rashad interjected. "Take everything off aside from the heels," His mannish ways caused Bradley to roll her eyes.

"In your dreams," She stepped out of the heels anyway and kept her clothing on. She had to admit, cuddling in church clothes wasn't as comfortable as it would be cuddling in her undergarments, but her and Rashad was no where near that step. She wanted him to respect her mind, personality, and emotions, before he even got the chance to respect her body.

Rashad pulled her close. Just like they were a few minutes ago, she laid on top of him with her head on his chest. "I'll try hard to dream about it tonight," He jested as he cupped his massive hands onto both sides of her rounded bottom.

"Serious question," She hoisted her head up from his chest and stared into his eyes. He nodded his head signaling her to go on. "When's the last time you've had sex?" Bradley was well aware that the question was a bit sudden. Just by the way his perfectly shaped brows jumbled together on his face, alluded to Bradley that he had to think hard about the answer.

Bradley didn't know whether the wait time for his response was a good or bad thing. One side of her was happy that he was taking so long because that means there was a possibility that he hadn't had any sex in a long time. The other side of her felt like he was only taking so long because he was about to lie and wanted to fluff his tale up to make her feel good.

Growing impatient Bradley sat up. She straddled him once again. Her actions seemed to snap Rashad out of his webbed thoughts. His hands no longer made contact with her rear, they were now planted on either side of him. "Don't lie to me, the truth wont be held against you," Bradley stated.

Rashad let out a sigh. "I wasn't gonna lie," He claimed. "But since you wanna know, it was about a month ago," He remained honest. He didn't know how she was gonna take it.

Bradley nodded her head. He was a man for God sake. She expected it. She was so glad he didn't say last week or even this week, it would have been a problem then. "That's good,"

"Good?"

"Yeah. We've been seeing each other for two weeks, anything before me isn't my business nor is it for me to worry about," Bradley wasn't that type of girl. Whatever Rashad had going before her was exactly that, before her. If she raised an issue with Rashad over that then she might as well have been written off as crazy

Rashad placed his hands onto her slim waist. "What about you?"

"Three years ago," She shrugged her shoulders.

In disbelief, Rashad sat up in bed. He and Bradley were now face to face with each other. "Brad you're 25, so you mean to tell me the last time you were fucked was when you were 22?"Rashad probed.

Bradley nodded her head in confirmation. "It's really not that big if a deal,"

"I mean it ain't, but three years— damn," Rashad still remained in disbelief. "Why so long?"

Bradley looked the other way. His eye contact immediately became intimidating once he asked the question. "Uh—" She cleared her throat. "My ex passed three years ago,"

Rashad instantly felt like shit for prying that out of her. With the death of his brother, he knew how hard it was to even speak on something like that. "I'm sorry for asking," He apologized.

Bradley faces him again. He could see the tears that scorched her eyes at the brim. She hadn't let any fall. With the light smile on her face, Rashad knew that she wouldn't be letting them fall no time soon. "It's not your fault, you didn't know," She assured him.

"I know the feeling though, shit ain't fun," Rashad shook his head as his mind wandered off to his twin brother Cedonni. The two were fraternal twins. Many people thought Cedonni was years older than Rashad because he was taller and peaked puberty harder and faster than Rashad. Rashad and Cedonni were both born premature and Cedonni happened to be the stronger twin while Rashad just followed behind in growth. "My twin brother passed a few years back. My niece—Victoria, that's his daughter," He opened up

Bradley had yet to get around to tell Rashad that she did end up going though his phone instead of just saving her phone number in it. She knew that Victoria was Cedonni's daughter and she also knew that Cedonni passed. It caught her by surprise to hear that Cedonni was his twin though. Like any and everyone else, she thought Cedonni looked two years older than Rashad.

"I was up in UCLA when it happened. Some little ass boy tried to steal his car with a gun and end up firing it when Cedonni ain't wanna give up the whip. I wish I was there, I would have told him the car ain't worth his life and I would've promised him another one and all, but I wasn't," The way his tone seemed to become lifeless and dull, Bradley knew that Rashad was sharing something deep with her. She felt selfish for even going through his phone. Bradley felt like if she would have avoided snooping, then this moment would be way more sentimental and thoughtful. "It happened though, I just gotta keep pushing,"

"You're doing a wonderful job with your niece Rashad. You're brother is lucky to have you," Her arms draped themselves around his neck as she pulled him close for a hug. Sometimes she wanted to speak on her ex's death, but she never found the courage to do so. Bradley didn't even mourn properly honestly. She used all the pain and hurt she gained from her ex's death and just powered it into motivation so she could work harder. Sometimes she felt if he didn't die then she would have never opened Allure. That made her feel guilty. She would give up Allure to get him back any day, but that simply couldn't happen.

"My ex was heavily involved in the streets. He grew up doing it so his end goal was to always grow and take over the world like some silly king pin you read about in books," Bradley chuckled as she thought back to the many times she tried to talk him out of the streets. He was stubborn and never gave her the time of day. He had tunnel vision and every move he made had a purpose. "He died while we were in a bit of a break due to him not wanting to stop the street shit. He had called me that day and asked could he come over to talk and I said no and hung up. An hour later he was shot down. Til this day, I partially feel to blame for his death. If I would've just let him come over like he asked then he would still be here," Rashad was the first Bradley ever shared her feeling about her ex's death to. It was hard for her to talk about especially when she felt like her petty little attitude with his was the cause of his demise.

"Don't let that shit weigh heavy on your heart like that. What happened is how God wanted it to happened. You can't cheat death Brad, it was meant to be that way," Although Bradley wasn't in tears, Rashad still felt the need to console her. The way she melted away in his arms gave him insight that a burden had been lifted from her shoulders.

"Thank you," She whispered placing a light kiss onto his cheek.

"Don't sweat it, everybody need somebody," He assured her before placing a kiss onto her neck.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

"It's not funny Rashad, you made me late," Bradley scolded over the phone.

His response began with a chuckle. "My bad. You just now getting to the shop?" He asked. He was currently leaving his place. Yesterday they had spent the entire day together after church. Rashad some how some way got ahold of Bradley's phone, being silly, he turned off all of her alarms causing her to sleep in later than usual.

He heard an earful from her early this morning. She hated being late and today, she was passed late. The shop opened at 10 AM and here she came strolling in at 12 PM.

"Yes, and they all look mad as hell," Bradley winced at the sight of all the girls huddled up at the door with scowls on their faces.

Rashad let out a hysterical laugh. "You in trouble baby,"

"See you gotta go," She shook her head on the verge of hanging up on him.

"Wait!" He stopped her. "You think I can bring you some lunch today. Think of it as an I'm sorry gift," He knew he had her at lunch, Bradley was a sucker for food.

Rolling her eyes, she got out of the car. "Whatever stupid,"

"See you later, remedial," He cackled before hanging up.

Once Bradley shut and locked the doors of her Audi, she began making her way to the doors of the shop. "Well, well, well," Posh eyed her as she unlocked the door for them all.

"I know and I'm sorry,"Bradley apologized. The doors of the shop were finally opened and Bradley held it for each of the ladies to enter. They were all shooting her a mean look, even Georgia's nice ass.

Bradley felt extremely bad. Her ladies always had early appointments so she knew she was messing with their money by being late. "Mmhm," Rome shamed her as she walked passed.

Once all of the ladies were in the shop, Bradley brought her things in. She knew she had really screwed up just by the way everyone was setting up in silence. Feeling bad, she shuffled over to her booth which was the first one right next to Alta. She too began to set up.

"Okay look, I'm really sorry for being so late. I know I made you guys miss out on a lot of money, so I'll take $100 off the booth rent this month," She offered hoping that would loosen them up.

All the ladies stopped their individual actions and turned to look at each other. It was almost as if they were debating with their eyes whether or not they should accept or not. After a second more of deliberation, the ladies all loosened up. "You good sis, nobody was stunting you being two hours late," Cinney waved her off.

Bradley rolled her eyes. If she hadn't scraped money off the booth rent she knew good and well that they would have continued giving her the silent treatment. "Of course," She laughed with a shake of her head.

It took a minute for the shop to pick up in pace since it caught a ton of women by surprise when they came for a walk in and the doors were locked. The ladies were able to recover from their missed appointments and made their clients come a little later.

Georgia began on a facial. Astel was in the middle of some goddess style braids. Posh had just started on a sew in, just like Cinney and Rome. Alta had just retrieved her clients from the dryer so she can start the blow out. Bradley was just finishing up a perm on a young client.

All seven ladies were busy. As the door kept opening up for more and more walk ins. It was a bit flustering, but they managed well.

Neither of the women looked up from their task as the door chimes again. They all simply just said "Welcome to Allure," in unison not caring to look who the clients was.

"I'm back!" They heard a familiar voice. All of their heads snapped up and their attention turned towards the entrance.

"Oh my god," Bradley was the first to rush off to embrace Usiah into a hug.

Usiah was the last stylist of Allure, filling the eighth chair. He was the only male to work at the shop, but with his sexuality and talent, he fit in with the girls perfectly. He was the life of the party and always brought the crazy ideas and turn ups to the shop.

"We missed you," The rest of the girls followed in suit to hug him.

All caught up in the moment of seeing Usiah, they didn't realize they were leaving their clients behind. Once they did, they all returned to their assigned booths.

Usiah was the assistant manager of the shop. Although he was hired much later than both Alta and Posh, Bradley knew he was fit for the job. He wasn't biased in any situation and he was reliable. Not saying that neither Posh and Alta weren't, he was just everything Bradley was looking for when it came to management.

Usiah had been away on his honey moon for two weeks now.

After his wedding, which all the ladies were bridesmaids too, he and his husband Liam flew to Paris to bask in their monumental moment.

Although the shop was always fun to be in, the girls knew it was about to get crazier now that Usiah was back.

"I missed you bitches too!" He exclaimed as he walked through the salon hugging each of the ladies individually again.

"Man I use to get sad whenever I looked at your booth and you weren't there," Posh pokes out her bottom lip. If Brad had to list who she was closest to at the shop, it would be Posh, Usiah, and Georgia. They were all the same age and been through the same stuff. The four hung out constantly, but with Usiah being away fro a while it felt sort of incomplete.

Alta nodded in agreement to Posh's statement. "Me too, I missed you papito," She emphasized her accent. If anyone could get Alta uptight and feisty ass to loosen up, it was Usiah. He played with her all day.

Usiah laughed. "I missed you too mami,"

Usiah stood at about 5'11 and was slender. If you didn't get the chance to hear his voice you would have never assumed he was gay. He sported a full beard and had a smile that could make both women and gay men drop their garments immediately. Occasionally he would wow the ladies with his spontaneous make up looks and his wild sense of style. You never knew with the man. He might walk in wearing heels one day, then the next come in some Jordan's and gym shorts.

That's what everyone loved about him though. He never limited himself to his sexuality. He did what he wanted and what he felt was right for him, not for others.

"So tonight, we're going out. I just touched down from Paris and I want to turn up with my girls,"' Usiah announced as he went straight to work. He checked the clipboard of all the walk in and called the first name on the list that had yet to be crossed out. He settled his client in his chair listening as all the ladies agreed to going out, even Alta.

Bradley remained quite not wanting to agree. All of the six women and Usiah turned their attention onto her awaiting for her to confirm the plans with them. "I would love to, but I have this thing," Bradley mumbled.

"Thing? What thing sis?" Usiah bumped his brows together.

Bradley gave him a tight lipped smile as her eyes wandered away from him. "Oh nothing, just going out with a friend," She brushed it off.

Posh laughed. "Bitch all seven of your friends are right here, but you cancelling on us?" Bradley was glad that Posh was nice enough to include Astel, if she hadn't there would have been another bickering fest.

Just as Bradley was about to respond again, the door chimes and in came Rashad with Bradley's lunch. It was going on three and since she opened the shop later than usual he bought her lunch a bit later as well.

By passing the waiting area, he made it it to Bradley who was in the middle of pressing the young girl in her chair, long hair.

"Hey baby," He leaned down and kissed Bradley's forehead. "Hey y'all," He went ahead and greeted everyone in the shop.

"Hey Uncle Shad," The ladies of the shop all greeted him in unison— all except Usiah who had no idea who Rashad was.

Rashad chuckled at the fact the ladies were never gonna let go of the nickname they had for him. "I got you some Panera Bread like you wanted," Rashad informed Bradley as he held the bag open so she could survey the food inside of it.

"Awe thank you," She stuck her bottom lip out. Even though she was just mad at him a few hours ago for making her extremely late, she couldn't help but to forget all about it once she saw his face.

He set her Panera Bread bag and drink on top of her drawer before revealing another bag from behind his back. "I also knew you were craving sweets so I got you some bite size Twix so you can eat and still work," He smiled. Brad was like a little kid. If Rashad didn't have her completely before, he sure did have her now. Candy and food was just everything to her and the fact that he could remember all of the small details she absentmindedly spilled out, warmed her heart.

Unknowingly, Usiah made his way over, introducing himself to Rashad. "I'm Usiah, Bradley's best friend, you are?" He stuck his hand out for Rashad to shake.

Shaking Usiah's hand Rashad shot him a smile. "I'm Rashad, Bradley's—" Rashad turned to Bradley hoping for a guide as to what he was to her. It was way too early for titles and he didn't want to jump the gun by giving himself one.

"Potential person," Bradley filled in causing Rashad to nod completely agreeing with her.

"Yeah, her potential person," Rashad repeated with confidence.

Although the title was weird as hell, he liked the way it sounded. He and Bradley haven't even shared their first kiss yet so he was comfortable being her "potential person", as of now.

"Is that right?" Usiah studied him. Rashad wasn't uncomfortable with Usiah being interested in the same sex, he was more so nervous with the fact that Usiah was putting him through the "best friend standard test" without even saying a word.

Rashad couldn't help but to straighten his posture a bit and take his right hand out of his pocket. Rashad thought the only people he really had to impress to get through to Bradley was Posh and Georgia—which was easy. He shot them a few smiles and swooned them with his smooth talk. Usiah on the other hand, seemed to not be as easy as the ladies.

"Mmhm," Usiah dragged out as his eyes trailed from head to toe of Rashad. "You're clear, for now," Usiah said causing all the stylist to clap for Rashad, even Bradley clapped.

Rashad let out a deep breath before a chuckle rolled out of him. "Preciate it," He thanked Usiah for clearing him. He knew the only decision that truly mattered was Bradley's, but it was a plus to be approved by the best friends— it was less drama.

Usiah headed back to his booth letting Rashad and Bradley chat in peace.

"Where are you headed?" Bradley asked Rashad. He was always dressed to his comfort whenever she saw him, but today it was different—he had on way more jewelry than usual.

Rashad checked his watch to make sure he wasn't running late. "I got to drop Victoria off at her graduation rehearsal, then after that I plan on taking her shopping for something to wear under her cap and gown," He told her with a light smile.

"Tell her I said congratulations."

Rashad nodded. "I will. I'm about to head out before she go crazy on me," He shook his head. "Posh remember we got an appointment bright and early tomorrow," He pointed at Posh reminding her of Victoria's appointment with her.

"Tell your potential person," She mocked while looking at Bradley. "to be on time tomorrow and we won't have no issues,"

Rashad laughed knowing he was actually to blame for Bradley's tardiness. "I got you," He assured Posh before turning back to Bradley. "I'll see you tonight, right?"

"Yes Rashad," Bradley rolled her eyes playfully.

"Alright," He kisses her forehead then cheek. "I'm out,"

"Thanks for the lunch!" Bradley called out behind him.

"You welcome," He said over his shoulder as he exited.

"That man is heaven sent, in telling you," Cinney sighed in awe as she and the ladies watched him get into his truck.

Bradley laughed. "You guys are so annoying,"

As much as she tried to downplay it, she knew Rashad was a good man. It sort of frightened her because he was too much of a good man.

She wished their honeymoon stage would fly by already so she can see who he truly is, however she never wanted the phenomenal treatment he gave her to end!

"I'm not even gonna lie—" Usiah sighed. "I would cancel on you hoes too if I had plans with him," He shamelessly admitted causing them all to laugh

Everyone just loved them some Rashad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 9.7K 33
He is anything but a gEnTLeMaN. Allie Williams is navigating highschool with her head down. The thing is Dennis Anderson won't leave her alone! It's...
208 2 46
*Mature, sexual content warning* "Stacey watched him walk away, and waited for the front door to shut before starting her car and leaving. Her boyfri...
13.8K 416 13
Have we moved on? Do you miss me?Or will I regret seeing you again? (MATURE!)
2.1K 207 31
"What are you-" He put his hands on the table behind me, leaning down so close that our noses almost touched. "What are you doing?" I whispered, loo...