Why is it You? [BTS Jungkook...

By winter_snow26

After Rian's mother died, she and her dad moved to Korea to start a new life. Attending Oaks Arts High, Rian... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Author's Note
Part of chapter 32
Summary of the Ending

Chapter 11

15K 448 112
By winter_snow26

Chapter 11

"Life is full of surprises."

~John Major

Rian POV

Ugh, I hate her so much! I make a sour face and punch the cement fence. I'm glad that Jinyoo led me to the roof of the school; staring at the breath- taking view always calms me down. I sigh and rest my chin on the palm of my hand.

"Should we go now? It's getting late, we'll miss class" Jinyoo, who is next to me, mutters.

"Since when did you care if we we were late or not?" I grumble as I gather my things and walk towards the door.

"You have a point..." Jinyoo mutters behind me. I smile a little as I walk down the steps that leads us back to school. When we walk into Teacher Yahn's room, everything becomes dead silent. I scratch my head and look around the room- everyone is staring at me. Including Jungkook.

I sigh and ignoring everyone's rudeness, Jinyoo and I walk to our seats. Everyone eventually turns their eyes away from me and goes back to their own conversations. I sigh in relief.

The teacher finally comes, and my pulse starts slowing down. With the teacher here, I can finally learn in peace without worrying about Jenny planning something bad about me.

"Okay, class. Today, we're going to do something special" Teacher Yahn smiles as she slams a poster on the blackboard, putting magnets on every corners to make it stick to the board. I sit up a little and study the poster- the heading says Singing and Dancing Competition!

I sigh- we have to do a competition? No, I won't do it.

But a bolded sentence on the bottom catches my eye.

Winner gets $1,000 and a trip to a private island!

I bite my lip- I can already imagine myself drinking coconut juice while sitting on a beach, as the bright sun shines my face. Maybe I should do it! I look at Jinyoo next to me, who has no expression at all. Does he want to do it? If he does, maybe we could attend the competition together...

"Before you start thinking, the school has already decided that every one of you should attend. Not only that, but we also picked out the groups. Students were assigned with a team where the amount of talent is similar to everyone else's- so you wouldn't have to worry about competing over our very own pop star, Jungkook" She smiles at Jungkook, who smiles back nervously.

Everyone in the room groans, including me. If the groups are already picked, then I'll just have to pray that I get partnered up with Jinyoo and not Jenny. I close my eyes and cross my fingers as the teacher starts saying the names of groups.

"Team 5 is Shinyoo, Hannah, and Jinyoo..." I widen my eyes and spin my head towards Jinyoo, who looks upset. I bite my lip and groan- now what do I do? If Jinyoo isn't in my team, then who else will talk to me? Who else will be my translator?

I frown.

"Team 10 is Jungkook... Rian...."

I widen my eyes- did I hear correctly?

"and Jenny..."

My mouth widens- now I really need to punch someone! How is it that I am teamed up with them? Of all people? Before I can stand up to protest, Jenny already does that for me.

"Excuse me, Teacher Yahn?" Jenny stands up and raises her hand.

"Yes, Jenny?"

"About our team... you said that the members are chosen in teams, judged by talent. How?..."

Teacher Yahn smiled. "Well, Jungkook is the most talented one here, obviously. Rian is..." She cleared her throat, "not so much. and because you know English, this should work out perfectly"

I groan loud enough for Jenny to hear- how can I do this? I can already imagine us losing the competition because of us arguing on the stage.

"Mom... please help me" I groan quietly as I bury my head into my arms. Can I really do this?

***

I shift uncomfortably on my seat as I watch, from the corner of my eyes, Jinyoo walking towards the door with his group. Jinyoo turns towards me, giving me a nervous look. I look up and give him a fake smile, mouthing out the words I'm fine.

He nods slowly and walks out of the classroom, tailing Shinyoo and Hannah behind. When he leaves, I look back at the ground and study my suddenly interesting shoes.

Jungkook clears his throat. "So... should we introduce ourselves?" He says in Korean. Ugh- how is this going to work? I don't understand him at all, and I doubt Jenny is going to help me. I roll my eyes and stare at my lap, resting my head on top of my palms with a bored face.

"Oh yes... Jenny, can you please translate?" Jungkook asks Jenny, who smiles brightly. I look up- what did he say?

''Yes! Of course, anything for you" Jenny's expression turns from happy to disgusted once she looks at me. "He wants us to introduce ourselves" Jenny mutters in English, not giving me eye contact.

"Shouldn't we be picking out a song to practice with?" I mutter rudely, feeling slightly annoyed. Jungkook says something and asks Jenny to translate again, which she does.

"He said that if we introduce ourselves, maybe we'll have a better idea of what our strengths and weaknesses are. But I'm sure that you have way too many weaknesses" Jenny mutters the last part to me.

I clench my fists- I'll rather be last place in the contest than to go on like this for another minute. I stand up and grit my teeth. After letting out a deep breath, I march towards the door, ready to quit.

Before I can open the door, something grabs my hand. I spin my head around, and to my surprise, Jungkook is standing right in front of me. I swallow when I realize how close he is, and how tightly he's holding my hand.

Jungkook eventually let go of my sweaty wrist. He clears his throat. "Don't go" He says with struggling English. I swallow again and back away.

"Okay?" I mutter, blinking my eyes. I look back at my shoes shyly, and I immediately notice Jenny giving me a death stare from the corner of my eyes. I immediately look back at my shoes.

"Let's go" Jungkook smiles and motions his hand, telling me to follow him. I nod and follow him back to my seat. As Jungkook makes it back to his chair, Jenny quickly stands up and whispers in my ear with a mean voice, "Stay away from him" and as fast as lighting, she goes back to her seat. I stare at my lap with crossed eyes.

"Do you want to start, Jenny?" Jungkook asks as soon as he sits down.

"Yes! I would love to!" Jenny bashes her eyelashes, flipping her hair behind her shoulder. "My talent is singing, dancing, and acting. I am great at ballet and hip hop. I can sing really high. I also got complimented by a famous directer on my acting. If I had to pick a weakness, I guess it would be rapping... But no worries, I'll work on it later, and become good at it like you" Jenny smiles at Jungkook.

"Wow, you're really talented" Jungkook notes. I laugh a little, causing the whole room to become quiet with the four eyes to be pierced on me.

"You?" Jungkook asks, ignoring my laugh. I don't really get the point of this- he can't understand me anyway, so why should I even participate? I don't even have a talent...

I shrug. "I guess I like singing?" I mutter, scratching my head. So far, I have a 92 in my vocals class, which is much better than most of my music classes. I mostly concentrate on my academic courses, such as Korean, math, and science, just to please my dad.

It's Jenny's turn to smirk. She has no trouble translating my sentence to Jungkook, who just nods after hearing it.

"I see... well, don't worry, because after the contest is over, you'll be a whole new person" He smiles as Jenny translates to me with a grumpy voice. I shrug and nod, hoping that Jungkook will stop looking at me. I don't know why, but whenever that kid looks at me, I suddenly feel like the temperature goes up 100 degrees.

Jungkook stands up and ruba his hands together. "Shall we start?"

Jungkook POV

"One, two, three and four" I say out loud as I do the last few dance moves to our warm up, behind the huge mirror on the wall. I spin around, facing Jenny and Rian, waiting for them to repeat.

"Easy" Jenny says, doing the dance moves perfectly. I smile at her, impressed, and turn my head towards Rian, waiting for her to start. She swallows and scratches her hair. After taking a deep breath, she steps up and makes an attempt to do it. I bite my lip as I watch her struggle.

Jenny laughs hard, and I immediately notice Rian's neck turning red. She takes another deep breath, and once again, she makes another attempt to do the moves. I watch her feet move carefully- they aren't right...

Suddenly, Rian trips on her foot. I widen my eyes, and as fast as I can, I catch her.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I help her get back up on her feet. I look at her face, which is tomato red. She nods fast, and blinks her eyes nervously. She tucks a few pieces of hair behind her ear and stares at the floor.

Did I do something wrong?

I smile- this girl is really weird... in a good way. Suddenly, before I can help her more on the moves, the bell rings, causing us to flinch and glance at the ceiling.

"I'll see you guys later" I say as I quickly grab my things and rush out towards the door. I need to go to my dorm as fast as I can before the hallway gets crowded. As I hurry to my locker, which is mostly filled with love notes from other students, I freeze- I left Rian alone with Jenny!

I didn't attend this school for a long time, but even I know that leaving Rian and Jenny alone in a room is very, very bad. I bite my lip- should I go back? I look around and study how the hallways are slowly geting crowded with students. No... as much as I want to make sure no one gets hurt, I have to go back to my safe and cozy room.

I shut my locker and practically run towards the boys' dorms, thinking, I hope they're okay...
______________________________________________________

Yes, I changed the cover!!! Let me know if you like it~

A cute picture of Jinyoo at the top~

Please Comment and Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711K 33.8K 54
❝his anger is the paint. my body is an empty canvas. he decides to color me in.❞ [book one completed]
437K 22.5K 50
Okay so description right? He drives me crazy.....and not in a good way. ...... "The coffee is cold. Get me a new one." My boss puts down the cup, a...
2.2M 94.8K 93
"Are you talking back to your boss Y/n?....I wouldn't do that if I were you....or you'll be punished..." Story of an unexpected romance in the workpl...
1.7K 104 3
Coming out next month!!! Book 2 of the 𝕱𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 series This book is the second and last of Lia's and Atticus' story. Please read book #1 f...