Fragile Hearts

By ShonaLover

A short story revolving around lives of three central characters.Vivaan , Ramya and Varna gets connected in a... More

Cast ( Character Sketch )
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FEW WORDS FROM AUTHOR
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Trailer and surprise
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 A
Chapter 61 B
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 A
Chapter 70 B
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Special Teaser - Milestone (100 Chapters)
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 75

2.7K 249 153
By ShonaLover

Varna was seeing dream.She was relaxed.In wave of clouds.Going somewhere she wanted to be.Calm and place where.She could feel herself.Her lips automatically had tint of smile.She felt like heaven.Something good will come to her.She took small steps.Finding a bubble.As she run after it.Trying to catch.It went away from her.More closer she tried.It kept on playing.Till she saw another one.She could finally get closer to it.As her finger touched it.She felt cold water.Poured all over her.coming out of her dream.She opened her eyes.Shivering due to cold.She realized she was.Out of her dream.Opening her eyes.She couldnt see that calm place.Anymore but current.Monster in her life.Standing with hands on hips.Giving her coy look.He was in his morning track suit.Looking like bear.With face covered in beard.He had empty bucket on hand.From which he landed water on her.She gritted her teeth.Feeling her dress wet.Water dripping from hair.She threw angry look to him.

Var-"Have you lost it.What kind of insanity is this."

V-"This is second degree.Of my punishment rule.If you dont listen to me.I will first try first degree.Then second degree.And if you dont hear me.At all.Third degree."

Var-"I thought.You have this much sanity.Left on mind.You have totally gone mad.Whats wrong with you."

V-"We can discuss.My mental problems later.Right now time is running.Go get ready.We have to go now."

Var-"Im not going anywhere.With you.Not after what you just did."

V-"Oh.I thought you saw.What I can do.Just now.If you dont listen to me.fine I can show my third degree."

Var-"Do whatever you want to do."

She scrunched her nose.Seeing her dress all wet.Trying to get up from bed.When find him unzipping.His jacket.coming towards her.She went back.With horrified expression.

Var-"What do you.Think you are doing.Go from here."

V-"You have serious issues.I know.Right now you said.I can do what I want to.So Im going to show you.My third degree punishment.Since you are not listening to my order."

Var-"Dont come near me.You have already increased my work.Have to clean this mess now."

He didnt listen to her.coming towards her on bed.So close.She became conscious.In defense she went away from him.His eyes darted at her.They had different look.Unlike how he used to look at her.She felt her throat drying up.She became stiff as heard his.Hoarse voice.

V-"Still want me to show.What I can do.If you dont hear me now.Get ready in 10 minutes.I will.Pick you up.And throw you in bath tub.Which is filled with cold water."

She widened her eyes.In shock as he smiled.With challenging look on face.

V-"Good girl.Your silence.Gave me hint.Go now.Get ready.Im waiting for you downstairs."

He left room.Giving smile to her.She kicked pillow.Catching her head.

V-"Dont forget to.Be on time.I can come back.And apply third degree any time then."

His voice tortured her.It does nowadays.But more than torture.It makes her heart.Thump with fear.In last month.He has become unpredictably weird with her.His behavior and actions.One by one started.Surprizing her.Despite of her reluctance to start.This relationship afresh.He wasnt paying any heeds.To her words.He was adamant on his stand.Make her good wife.On other hand.She was firm on her stand.She wont be wife to him.By any means.This battle of minds.Was continuing for a month.He had different ways.To make her do what he wants.She gives him back sometimes.Miserably failing lately.Due to his weird.Punishment threats.Last time she said no.For bringing his wallet and purse.When he was going to office.He gave her calm look.Suddenly holding her hand.In front of Lata and Shivani.They were embarassed.Leaving duo alone having no option.She had to work hard.Get her hand back.From his hold.Till she got him his things from room.

This was how.Her life have become.Taking different turn.She got ready.Tying her hair.Looking at herself in mirror.Where was this heading to.Even she didnt knew.Why was she even obeying.His words.She shouldnt.She made hard face.Hearing his voice again.She felt she could run somewhere.

Early morning air.As if helped.Her to calm down a bit.She was irritated at him.Wake her early but.She felt better coming out.They were in garden.She could see almost sleeping Reyaansh.trying to keep his body stable.

V-"Breathe in.Breathe out come on."

Vivaan turned back to see.Varna glaring at him.Beside her was Reyaansh sleeping.He gave kick to him.Getting him out of his dreamland.Asking him to continue.He started instructing again.Yoga helps.Keep mind calm.Anger in control and stay fit.This was rather different case for.Two people behind.Whom he forcibly got there.

R-"Varna I understand.Why this is happening with you.Because of unannounced.Battle between you two.Why am I stuck here.Can you explain."

V-"because it was her condition.She wont be here alone.So you are here Reyaansh.Now not word more.Your wife is doctor.See her so fit.You are gaining wight like bull.Have some shame."

R-"Man weighing like double bull.Teaching me about weight."

V-"Did I hear anything."

R-"I was telling Varna.How fit you look.Right."

From both ends.All he got was deadly glares.They continued for an hour.Reyaansh left making excuse.Vivaan had some water.From his bottle.He saw her folding mat.An irritable expression.Visible on her face.He kept on staring at her.Relaxing on mat.He started observing about her more lately.She could feel his gaze at her.

Var-"Will you stop staring.Like this.I feel.Uncomfortable."

V-"See.I knew it.Something definitely wrong with you.You are not doing yoga properly.Why do you always.Have this expression on face.As if bull running after you.With sword on hand."

Var-"Bull is after me.Thats truth."

V-"Yes?"

Var-"Listen I dont have time.Answer your weird questions.Pranu will be up any time.Will check on him."

He held her hand.Suddenly making her drop on mat.He could feel her go red.Didnt knew if it was due to anger.Her body was cold.Numb with his touch.She took her hand back.

Var-"Why do you.Keep on holding my hand.I dont like this."

V-"Is there rule.I will always do.What you like.I wont.Listen to me.You have to proper your facial.Expressions.One who does yoga.Relieves mental and physical pain.Calms down.You will practice.Sitting in front of mirror everyday.How to smile.Keep normal face.I want to see result.In seven days.Else."

Var-"Else what.You will pour cold water on me.Or embarass me.In front of people.Or any of your.Silly degree punishments."

He got closer to her.Too close.Giving her chills.He smiled and held her hand.Having look at it.He could still see ring.Her engagement ring.On her finger.She saw his gaze.He didnt do anything.

V-"Else I will.Hold your hand.Not leave till you.Give me smile.Like this."

She pushed him.Kind of running away.Throwing glare at her.This has become like.Daily routine for them.Fighting like tom and jerry.Having face off.Clearly avoided by everyone.In family.They felt it was better.Let them sort it out.They didnt want to be.Victim of fierce battle.Vivaan munched on apple.Thinking about few minutes ago.He was trying every way.Make her normal.In every sense.He knew from deep inside.She also wanted to start life.But being stubborn girl.She wont agree.She still wanted to hold on to past.Damage her life.Ring given by Shakthi.Worn by her proves that.He also knew.He cant force her.But he has to think of some way.

In evening time.Boys were busy watching match.With Pranush crawling on carpet.Trying to catch his favorite toy.He screamed loudly.Taking everyones attention.Vivaan picked him up.Munching on snacks.It made baby angry.He wanted to stay down.Not in his lap.He acted fussy.

Nandini and Varna were.Seeing chores on kitchen.It was getting hot.With summer hitting early this year.Humidity was too much to bear.Top of that.They could hear noise.Coming from two big babies.Including Pranush.

N-"Wish someone could.Ban this live telecast of match.Why do grown up men.Act like kids.So excited.They are louder than Pranu.Im taking coffee.Out.You also come and rest for while.Will think about making dinner then."

Elders of house have gone.To attend some dinner invitation.This has shouldered responsibility.Of dinner on daughter in laws.Nandini was working.Hard on night shifts as well.So Varna knew.She have to do most work.Not burdening Nandu much.She came out.Taking Pranush from Vivaan.Who started complaining to her.About injustice his father did with him.Not letting him crawl on floor.

V-"This chub boy.Is becoming brat.Ammas boy."

R-"Nandu darling.Can you get me cold coffee.Feel like having one."

N-"Sure dear husband.Go to kitchen.Make yourself coffee.Put ice cubes on it.Then have it."

Vivaan laughed.Including Varna.Who was trying to handle.Fussy Pranush.Reyaansh gave look to his wife.

Var-"I will get you.Wait."

N-"No Varna.They should also understand.We are also under weather.Its so hot.Have to prepare dinner now.Here ordering stuff.use your long legs.Help yourself."

R-"Anna you were right.I think along with Varna.Nandu needs yoga too.Shall I ask her to join classes."

V-"Why not.Get whole family on board.Including plumber.Watchman and helpers."

R-"Seriously?"

N-"On serious note.Can we go out for dinner.Im too tired.To make anything."

Var-"Its ok nandu.I will manage."

V-"Sounds like nice plan Nandu.We are going out."

Var-"Dont think this is good plan.I mean.You guys carry on.I will be home with Pranu.He is fussy today.Too hot outside.Dont think he will be comfortable."

She patted babys chest.Who gurgled hitting his head.On her shoulder.Rubbing his eyes.

V-"We are not going.On desert for dinner.That heat will burn us.You are going thats it.Guys go get ready."

Dinner plan was on.Varna went with hard expression on face.Soon her mood lightened up.With Reyaanshs jokes.Nandini and his cute fights.All this time she couldnt miss.How Vivaan tried best to annoy her.His gaze did that more to her.

As they returned home.After having ice cream.Pranush was sleeping.Varna carried him to his crib.Setting him there.She bumped into Vivaan.Turning around.

Var-"Why do you.Have to walk on my face always.Cant you see."

V-"Excuseme.This is my room.Can walk wherever I want."

Var-"Its useless.Arguing with you."

V-"Why dont you give up then."

After some time.Both changed into night clothes.Varna was reading book.Vivaan didnt feel sleepy.He checked time.Looked down to find her awake.He thought how it wa sonly Varna.Who didnt had any complain sleeping down.For such long time.He knew if he told her to shift to bed.She would misunderstand him.As he was thinking.She caught him staring.He was confused with her glare.She switched off lamp.Making sounds covered her face with blanket.He went to sleep.After some time.

Next few days went same way.Except Vivaans new ways.Emerged to annoy Varna.Others enjoying and ignoring.One morning Varna was making breakfast.Shivani and Lata were on breakfast table.She was looking for some packet.Which was kept on top shelf.She couldnt see anyone for help.Shifted stool and climbed on it.Within seconds all heard.Her voice moaning in pain.Vivaan was first rush inside kitchen.See her on floor.Wincing in pain.He picked her up.Carrying her to room.Doctor was called.She had sprain on her waist.

V-"Are you mad.Cant you understand.What would have been consequence.If something serious would.Have happened to you.Then what.You dont care for anyone.Think about those.Who care for you.Who told you.Act like super woman and climb stool."

Var-"I needed something.No one was there so."

She caught her head.His voice made her pain increase.Adding headache.Shivani asked Vivaan to calm down.Who could handle him today.She was slowly observing his son.

V-"No one was there.So you thought you can.Show your skills.See result now.You are not allowed.Get down from bed.For week."

Var-"I can manage.I have to."

As she tried to get up.She felt unbearable pain.Vivaan caught her hand.Forcefully making her settle on bed.covering her with blanket.Shivani was observing every small thing.

V-"Im warning you.Else I will have my ways.To make you do all this.Now stop arguing and rest."

Sh-"Varna he is right.You need to rest now.We will handle Pranu.Dont worry."

In these few days.Shivani have seen.Vivaan taking care of Varna.Like husband does.He went late for office.Also came early before time.Making sure to give her medicines.Have her meals forcefully.Surprisingly she was seeing.Different Varna.Who obeyed Vivaan.If things were changing for good.She prayed hard for it.

Varna was much better now.Still restricted to do any work.As per everyones instructions.She was getting bored each day.Thankfully Pranush kept her entertained.She was on bed.Lazing with baby.He played with her hair and bangle.His new attraction.He was trying to ask her.Why she doesnt come down.He doesnt see her.Doing things which she used to do.Varna understood every word.That her chub wanted.Convey to her.She kissed his red plum cheeks.Making him give grin to her.He was sucking on her stole.Again he made face.Complaining to her.Why she doesnt pick him.On her lap.He had long list.It seemed.

Shivani heard some voice from kitchen area.Where she found her son.With helpers.Instructing them something.They were seen arranging everything.From top shelf to lower ones.Vivaan was making sure.Nothing was kept on place.For which one has to use stool.Shivani saw that.Smiled and tapped on his shoulder.From back.

Sh-"Vivaan Reddy.Came back early from office.May I know.What work you have on kitchen."

V-"Come on Mom.As if you havent seen.Me here before.I thought.This is important.Its risky too.Why didnt you all think about this before."

Sh-"Yes I forgot.But good to know that.My son cares so much for me.After all Im here.Whole day working.In kitchen.But Vivaan.I hardly step inside.Then I got it.Its for Lata.But she also."

V-"Mom please."

She could see his face.Almost embarassed.He left from there.Saving himself.But she caught him on time.She pulled his cheeks.Saw his ears turning red.Both went to garden having tea.

Sh-"Im happy Vivaan.Seeing you like this.Every girl wants this from her husband.He will care for her.See her needs.Way you have been taking care.Of Varna."

V-"This doesnt matter Mom.Its nothing."

Sh-"Vivaan.Why do you say so."

V-"I dont know.I mean I really dont know.If Im confused with whatever happening.Im trying to be there for her.See her needs.Trying to know her but.Dont you think this wont work."

Sh-"Why.I thought you have made up your mind.For giving second chance Vivaan.Dont step back now.New life is waiting.For you both."

V-"What can I give her.In this life.Memories of my wife.My son whom she left behind.I know all this may sound.Irrational at moment.This is kind of reality for us.For Varna.More I have been trying to be her husband I realize.How she feels.Seeing me as her husband.Who was her sisters husband too.Can she ever get same place.In my life."

Sh-"Before making her understand.her place in your life.You have to decide Vivaan.What place she holds.In your life.Is she only mother to Pranush.For you.Something else too?"

Vivaan looked at his mother.He didnt have any answer.But Shivani understood.She gave light smiled.

Sh-"Your silence.Have given very deep answer.Hear me son.This is how life is.We have to be practical.You have fought with your past.Leaving it behind.Pledged to start new life.This is it.See and feel your present.Nothing else.If you will think about it more.It will look hazy to you.Varna is your present.Now you have to decide.How to make your presence in her life.Special.I know she has already.Made special place in you life.My eyes can never.Be wrong.Have seen love for her.In your eyes.When she got hurt that day.There was fear.More than anger in your voice."

V-"I dont know Mom.Even Im unable to understand my own feelings.Why is it like that."

Sh-"Because you both.Have gone through a lot.But its time.You get happiness.One has to take call.Just go on with it."

Vivaan walked back to his room.That night thinking about.Words his mother spoke to him.She was right in way.He has been feeling.Drastic change for Varna.In this span of time.He still couldnt term it as love.Their relationship and journey wasnt an easy one.He was aware of it.But professing anything.Would mean big problem to him.He entered room.Find beautiful view.She was there on bed.Sleeping in uncomfortable position.With light sparks of smile on face.Her hand secured sleeping Pranush.In middle of bed.From time.She was advised bed rest.He could force her to sleep on bed.While he settled down on her sleeping place.

He felt to have closer look.At duo.He covered them with blanket.Kissing Pranus head lovingly.His eyes fell on her.Hair fringes were disturbing her.It looked.He hesitated but went for it.Removing them from her forehead.She shifted now on pillow.Comfortably and he took sigh fo relief.He didnt knew when he stayed there.On other side staring at both.With smile on his face.

Varnas throat dried.On sleep and she could hear.Light thunders.Feeling little pain.To move she opened her eyes.But soon she felt her hand.Fixed somewhere.She realized she slept playing with Pranush.Her eyes widened as she found her hand.Tightly clasped to someone elses.That someone was.Vivaan who also fell asleep.In same position.It took her second.To take back her hand.Out from his grip.It woke him up.He also felt pain on neck.Something else was waiting for him.He saw her.Glaring at him.Could hear thunders from outside.Inside was same case.Before he could face her.She ran out from room.

V-"Varna stop."

He settled pillows.Making it safe for Pranush.Going after her.He knew where to find her.As it has become her favorite place.In this time.It would rain any moment.Thunders got louder.He saw her sitting on swing.She had her head down.

V-"Why did you come here.Did you see time."

She didnt speak word.He could see.Face off happening soon.But he had to be calm.So he tried again.

V-"Why are you here.Its going to rain.Lets go inside."

Var-"Im not going anywhere.I will stay here."

He tried to hold her hand.When she got up.Glaring at him.He stood up too.Giving her confused look.

V-"Whats wrong with you.Did medicines had.Some effect on you."

Var-"Whats wrong with me.Ask yourself.What happened to you.I should have understood it.Agree to your words."

V-"Im simply not getting.Word you are saying.What is it."

Var-"What were you doing on bed.Holding.My hand.I didnt knew.When I fell asleep.But you came after.WHy were you sleeping.On bed."

V-"Oh God.So you did this.For that small reason.Fine I didnt knew.When I dozed off.Come now."

Var-"This doesnt end there.Why did you hold my hand.I know what you have.On your mind.It will never happen."

He heard loud thunder again.Wind started blowing.She was shivering.Standing on that weak state.Her words wrecked his senses again.

V-"What did you say.What I had on mind?Speak up."

Var-"I understand everything.You have been behaving in.Past few days.Im not fool.You want be to be your wife.Now you are showing rights.Of husband.Next you will.Try to take advantage of situation.Share same bed with me."

V-"Shut up.Just.You are sick Varna.Do you know that?You dont understand.On which level.You push your mind to go.Speak rubbish."

Var-"You wanted me.Be your wife.Dont you?Thats why you are.Doing all this."

V-"Yes.But do you even know.What wife means.To a husband.For you this bed.Thing comes first.Moment I try to think.Normal of you.You fail my attempts.You can never think normally."

Var-"Fine Im abnormal.Who told you to be with.Abnormal person.Listen to me.Whatever you are thinking.Have on mind.This wont happen.Ever and if you try to force.Me for making this relationship.Then I will."

V-"You will what.Speak up.Leave this house.Run away.What you have been doing."

His attack made her silent.She was getting weak every second.His eyes seethed anger.How can she accuse him.Of such thing.He never thought of.He pulled her from shoulder.Making her wince in pain.It started pouring down.That moment.Making both of them wet.He spoke in hoarse voice.

V-"Listen to me.Take this as warning.Threat or whatever you want to.But this is my final word.Im not letting you go anywhere.Anywhere.If you dare to do anything.Like that then think.About what I can do."

Var-"You think you can.Scare me with your warnings.You cant order me always."

V-"yes I can.Im your husband.If I find my wife.Acting insane.I will stop her hundred times.In my way."

Var-"Im not your wife.This relationship means nothing.Do you understand Vivaan.Nothing."

A loud thunder bolted.As if sealing moment.between then.Vivaan smirked.Pulling her more closer towards her.She tried best to struggle.Her weak state made her give up.She wasnt getting his smirk.

V-"Say it again.Say."

Var-"Leave me.You are hurting me.Vivaan."

V-"For first time.You have said it.My name.Its Vivaan for you."

She became numb.Realizing what she did.It was first time indeed.She took his name.From her mouth.She didnt had courage all this while.He was very close to her.

V-"Varna your actions never.Support your mouth.How long will you.Play with yourself.Destroy these chances.We are getting.Why cant you accept.That you feel for this relationship.Want to give us try."

Var-"No.I dont.I dont."

V-"You do.I will do anything to prove that to you.Look at me.Say again.You dont want me.Part of your life.Answer me Varna."

Var-"Do you want me.Be part of your life.What place.Will I have in your life.Second wife.Or mother to your baby.Will this mean.Anything to us.In any way.Love has failed both of us.Ruined me.Broken things can never mend back.Never."

Vivaan have seen her.Pouring out her heart.So this has been inside her.For this long.Which was stopping her.From taking step ahead.He softened up.towards her.Could see her face getting wet.More with her tears.She maintained distance from her.

V-"I didnt knew.All this while what you mean to me.I wish.Life havent put me in such situation.But I dont repent for my actions."

Var-"You dont have to.Repent for anything.Your life and you made choice.You loved Ramya.Thats it.I wont blame you either.But I have nothing to give anyone."

V-"I have lost my past Varna.Dont want to lose.What I have now.Life has given me back.Share of something.I can look forward to.You are not only.Face of Ramya for me.I hated you because you looked.Like her.Your face tortured me.But I dont know when.Varna made place.For her in my heart and mind.I simply didnt knew.Why I felt possessive for you.I wanted to own you.Wanted you to be with me.Forever.I dont feel sorry.For saying all this again.That I wanted you to thin about.This relationship.And now I want.You to stay with me for life time.Im selfish Varna.But I confess that."

Var-"I cant.Please."

She tried to go from there.Vivaan held her hand tightly.She shut her eyes.Rain have drenched them completely.She requested him to leave her.He had some force.Today which got all inner feelings.In form of words.He didnt knew why.This moment.Made him confess whatever he had.For her in his heart.

V-"I may sound selfish man to you.Varna who is saying all this.To stop you from leaving his house.His son.But trust me.Even if you say you hate me.And you mean it then.I would never force you.Be in any relationship with me.You loved me once.But I couldnt give love back to you.I dont feel sorry by any means.But I promise.To fill your life with so much.Love that no pain.Can touch you.I love you.These three words.May sound weird.Or too artificial in our case but I wont regret.Saying that to you.I love you.If I sound selfish then yes.Im.Too selfish to lose you."

Night had written.For them to be under sky.Their feelings and emotions.Getting drenched in rain.Nothing but truth of life facing them.Vivaan and Varna.Were facing a big truth.Of their life.She loved him.He didnt love her back.It ended.Now he loves her.But can she ever.Love him back.This time.

......................................................................................................

Please do not forget to vote.And comment.

Thank you.

:)

*Who else watched Saaho Teaser.Remembered Suhaas Sahaae from Cursed Love.I did and  I cried.Some characters become.Part of your life.In such way.You can never forget them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 4.4K 46
A story of a lonely girl, whose ultimate aim is to find her Love.... As usuall my Pranushka story... Please support...
372K 18.7K 60
Cover Design: @DSPranushka at DS Creations Highest Rank:#46 in Romance on 16/06/2018 This is the story of Vedanth and Jwala who are totally opposite...
6.1K 284 22
A peak into the future with our beloved Darling and Sweety. The short series revolves around pranushka and what the future holds for them. Prabhas a...
77.7K 3.4K 25
A tale of bonding between two beautiful individuals. Abhinav falls in love with Samskruthi; a naive, traditional young lady from an orthodox Brahmin...