Invincible

By Jepnox2nd

More

1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
181-200
201-220
221-240
241-260
261-280
281-300
301-320
321-340
341-360
361-380
381-400
401-420
421-440
441-460
461-480
481-500
501-520
521-540
541-560
561-580
581-600
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
701-720
721-740
741-760
761-780
781-800
801-820
821-840
841-860
861-880
881-900
901-920
921-940
941-980
961-980
981-1000
1001-1020
1021-1040
1041-1060
1061-1080
1081-1100
1101-1120

681-700

1.7K 42 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 681: "Master!"

Afraid that Huang Xiaolong's group didn't understand the gravity of the situation, Jia Liang emphasized the Chief Alchemist Grandmaster Association's strength, urging anxiously, "In the past, there was a super family's Grand Elder that caused some trouble at our headquarters. He merely injured an ordinary Alchemist, but our Chief and several Elders executed him on the spot!"

"Moreover, that Grand Elder was killed right in front of that super family's Patriarch, despite the Patriarch's request for mercy!" Jia Liang added at the end.

Detecting Jia Liang's worried expression, Huang Xiaolong couldn't resist smiling, "Don't worry, nothing will happen. Who knows, maybe when your Chief arrives, he won't make things difficult for us after seeing how handsome my Master is."

Shi Xiaofei couldn't help laughing hearing this, her face bloomed like a flower.

The Ascending Moon Old Man gave Huang Xiaolong a stern look, saying, "You little brat can stop the flattery, this old man already knows he's born good-looking, do I need you to advertise this?"

Shi Xiaofei's lovely sound laughter sounded again.

Jia Liang was dumbfounded watching the exchange between Huang Xiaolong and the Ascending Moon Old Man, feeling an impulse to vomit blood. Where exactly did this pair of master-disciple jump out from? In this situation, they were still in the mood to joke around!

The surrounding disciples also felt their face muscles twitch watching the two of them.

At this time, inside a mansion not far away from the Alchemist Grandmaster Association, Lin Pinghai was guiding two disciples in their alchemy practice. Lin Pinghai's hands danced in the air like butterflies as a long line of elixirs flew up from the table, falling into the large black furnace placed at the center of the yard.

This was a high grade refining technique named Fluttering Butterfly Hands.

Lin Pinghai said to his two disciples, "Watch carefully, try to comprehend the crucial points of this Fluttering Butterfly Hand, gentle and ever changing!"

As his hands continued to move, the airflow in their surroundings became noticeably slower and gentle. Following Lin Pinghai's hand movements, the elixirs in the air swirled in an unpredictable rhythm, up and down, forward and backward.

When all the elixirs were inside the furnace, Lin Pinghai suddenly made a big motion of stretching his arms out as if his hands were two giant wings, like he was about to take off.

Powerful spheres of fire flew out from Lin Pinghai's body.

"This is the Great Roc Rising Waves!" Lin Pinghai added, "It is a good pairing for the Fluttering Butterfly Hand, one soft, one hard. The Fluttering Butterfly Hand's essence is soft and ever-changing, while this Great Roc Rising Wave focuses on strength and speed!"

At this point, Lin Pinghai's hands movement gradually became faster, leaving a film of afterimages. From afar, he resembled a great roc flapping its great wings again and again.

Waves of fire rushed forward, faster and faster, into the furnace.

As an Elder of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association, one had to admit that Lin Pinghai indeed possessed high-level alchemy refining skills. Whether it was his control of fire or his comprehension of refining techniques.

A short while later, Lin Pinghai stopped.

The furnace cover spun to the air as a resplendent light burst out from the furnace, while round medicinal pellets floated up.

"I say, Master's alchemy refining skills are much higher than our Chief." One of the disciples stepped forward, respectfully flattering Lin Pinghai.

"I agree, if Master says he's second, no one would dare to claim they are number one." The other disciple quickly caught up in a few steps, flattering with a charming smile on his face.

Lin Pinghai waved his hand saying, "Senior brother Association Chief's level is still a little bit higher than mine." Despite the humble words, the prideful expression on Lin Pinghai's face showed that he too inwardly thought that his alchemy refining skills had surpassed the Chief, the number one person in the association.

Just as Lin Pinghai was still feeling complacent, a guard ran in with a flustered face, "Elder, Young Master was hit at the Alchemist Grandmaster Association headquarters!"

"What did you say? Hit at the Alchemist Grandmaster Association headquarters?!" Lin Pinghai wondered if he had heard correctly: "Are you certain?"

"Certain! Elder, this small one had just received the message, it really happened at the Alchemist Grandmaster Association headquarters!" The guard answered.

One of the disciples beside Lin Pinghai coldly snorted, "Actually dared to cause a ruckus at the Alchemist Grandmaster Association headquarters! They even dared to injure Junior brother Lin Yanhan! These people are really tired of living!"

"Master, I will lead a group of experts over to capture them!" The other disciple was quick to volunteer.

Lin Pinghai's coldly stated, "No need, I shall go over myself. I'd like to see what blind fool dare to injure my son in at the headquarters!" He strode out in large strides, commanding: "All of you come with me!"

"Yes, Master!"

Lin Pinghai stormed out of his mansion together with his two disciples, heading to the Alchemist Grandmaster Association headquarters.

When Lin Pinghai received the message, as one of the association's Elders, Chen Ye also got the news almost at the same time. Similar to Lin Pinghai, Chen Ye was also angered by the incident.

Lin Yanhan could be considered his martial-nephew. The other party dared to hit Lin Yanhan at their headquarters, wasn't that the same as slapping his face in the public eye?

Clouded by anger, Chen Ye gave an order; all Alchemist Grandmaster Association's Elders were to assemble at the headquarters.

While all these took place, Lin Pinghai was the first to arrive at the Alchemist Grandmaster Association.

At the headquarters' entrance, a violent killing intent burst out from Lin Pinghai's body when he saw his son, Lin Yanhan, buried under a pile of rubble on the opposite side of the street.

He rushed inside the headquarters building, roaring, "Who?! Who was it that dared to injure my son? Roll out here to die!" His voice echoed in the hall, the entire building quivered.

Fear took over Jia Liang's face when he saw Lin Pinghai furiously rushing in. To a low-level Alchemist like Jia Liang, association Elders like Lin Pinghai were akin to a great mountain.

Those disciples that stayed behind, waiting to watch a good show, all turned pale from Lin Pinghai's momentum.

Apart from being an Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elder, Lin Pinghai's cultivation was at the perfect stage of peak late-Tenth Order God Realm!

An invincible existence below Highgod Realm!

After releasing his roar of fury, Lin Pinghai's eyes swept around the hall. His gaze fell on Huang Xiaolong, Shi Xiaofei, and the Ascending Moon Old Man. Standing at the center of the hall, the three of them were the most conspicuous.

But when Lin Pinghai saw the Ascending Moon Old Man's back, he blanked for a moment. 'This figure, could he be...?' Thinking of the possibility, he quivered from head to toe as if he was trying to shake off a thick layer of dust.

Jia Liang and everyone that was pale from fear became dumbstruck noticing the ecstatic expression on Lin Pinghai's face, their gazes turned to where Lin Pinghai was looking at—the old man.

At this time, the Ascending Moon Old Man turned around to face Lin Pinghai, a cold gaze in his eyes.

A cold shiver ran down Lin Pinghai's body from that gaze, but he hastily approached the Ascending Moon Old Man, misty-eyed. Before the shocked faces of Jia Liang and the others, Lin Pinghai suddenly knelt down before the Ascending Moon Old Man, kowtowing respectfully: "Master!"

Chapter 682: Senior Brother Huang

Master?!

This word sounded like thunder in Jia Liang and the surrounding disciples' ears, watching in disbelief as the Lin Pinghai knelt in front of the Ascending Moon Old Man.

Their brains went blank, not one of them could believe that this beggar old man, skinny but thick-faced, who most of them believed was a little not right in the head, turned out to be Lin Pinghai's Master!

Who was Lin Pinghai?

Lin Pinghai was an Elder of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association ah!

Not to mention those present in the hall, even both of Lin Pinghai's personal disciples were dumbstruck. They had never heard their Master mention anything about his own Master!

In truth, it wasn't because Lin Pinghai did not wish to tell them, it's just that the Ascending Moon Old Man had strictly forbidden Lin Pinghai from talking about him in front of others. Furthermore, the Ascending Moon Old Man has never admitted that Lin Pinghai was his student!

Even though the Ascending Moon Old Man did not recognize Lin Pinghai as his disciple, in Lin Pinghai's heart, the Ascending Moon Old Man was his Master. Without the Ascending Moon Old Man's guidance, he would never have achieved the level of alchemy skills he had today, and definitely would not be an Elder of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association.

While everyone was still in shock and disbelief, another large group of people rushed into the hall.

The loud noise attracted Jia Liang and everyone's attention. Turning their heads to look made their pale faces turn even paler.

The new arrivals were none other than the Alchemist Grandmaster Association Chief, Chen Ye, with his Elders in tow.

Chen Ye and a group of Elders behind him rushed into the hall with fierce angry faces, but when they rushed into the hall and saw Lin Pinghai kneeling on the floor, all of them were stunned. When they finally saw the Ascending Moon Old Man's face, each of them was trembling with excitement.

Just like Lin Pinghai previously, Chen Ye hastened to kneel in front of the Ascending Moon Old Man, kowtowed and saluted: "Master!"

Master!!!

Everyone in the hall felt like a thunderbolt struck right above their heads, especially Jia Liang.

By this time, the remaining Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elders also hurried before the Ascending Moon Old Man, saluting respectfully on their knees, "Greeting, Grand Elder the Ascending Moon!"

Grand Elder!

This old man was actually one of the three legendary Grand Elders of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association?! Moreover, he was the head of three Grand Elders, Grand Elder Ascending Moon.

Another great wave of shock crashed against Jia Liang's heart and those present.

Outside on the street, Lin Yanhan finally regained conscious, struggling out from the rubbles above him to his feet. He let out an animal like roar: "Old man, I want you dead, DEAD—!"

Lin Yanhan had just climbed out from the rubble, his mind was still a little confused, thus neglecting the scene taking place inside the hall. Only after he hollered did Lin Yanhan look into the hall.

When Lin Yanhan saw the sea of Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elders kneeling toward the Ascending Moon Old Man, he was stupefied. Yet, to this point, he still failed to realize what the scene in front of him meant.

The Ascending Moon Old Man's cold gaze fell on Lin Pinghai, who was kneeling in front of him, "This is the good son you've brought up?"

Lin Pinghai felt a chill run down his back, he became panicked out of fear, "Master, Han'er doesn't know your identity, please spare his life." He repeatedly kowtowed, pleading for his son's life.

Neither Chen Ye nor any of the Elders dared to utter a sound.

Master?! Lin Yanhan stared dumbly at his father banging his head to the floor, calling that beggar old man Master... He was jolted to his senses and fear crept into his eyes, his face becoming pale.

The Ascending Moon Old Man coldly said to Lin Pinghai, "If you weren't considered as my half student, do you think he would still be alive until now? He can escape the death penalty, but not punishment. You know what to do."

Lin Pinghai continued to kowtow, saying that he knows what to do, thanking the Ascending Moon Old Man for mercy. Then, he issued the order personally, to have Lin Yanhan arrested and locked up inside the Alchemist Grandmaster Association's prison. Later, Lin Yanhan would be punished according to the crime of opposing his superiors.

Only then did the Ascending Moon Old Man's grim face relax, nodding at Lin Pinghai and Chen Ye, "Stand up, all of you." Although he was still angry inside, Li Pinghai and Chen Ye's status was no longer the same as before. Having them kneel for a long time in the Alchemist Grandmaster Association hall was not proper.

Lin Pinghai, Chen Ye, and the Elders acknowledged respectfully before rising to their feet.

The Ascending Moon Old Man pointed at Huang Xiaolong, saying matter-of-factly, "He's Huang Xiaolong, my personal disciple. All of you come and greet him as your Senior Brother Huang."

Personal disciple!

Shock could be seen on all the Alchemist Grandmaster Association higher echelon's faces. Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and all the Elders knew how strict the Ascending Moon Old Man's requirement in accepting a personal disciple were, which was why, based on their talents, they could be considered as half students to the Ascending Moon Old Man.

Yet, this young man in front of them actually...!

Despite feeling extreme shock, none of them dared to take the Ascending Moon Old Man's words as passing breeze, quickly greeting Huang Xiaolong as 'Senior Brother Huang'!

Each of them was sincere, devoid of any pretentious attitude.

Elders that were not the Ascending Moon Old Man's students also hurried to greet Huang Xiaolong, wearing amiable smiles on their faces, revealing a hint of respect.

That year, when the Ascending Moon Old Man received Huang Xiaolong as a personal disciple, the ceremony was conducted on the Golden Dragon Peak with only the Black Warrior Institute Grand Elders as witnesses, and thus the matter did not spread out. Whereas Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and most of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elders rarely ventured out, spending most of their days refining pills. Thus, none of these people knew that the Ascending Moon Old Man had taken in a personal disciple.

Naturally, neither did they know Huang Xiaolong's other identity, the Black Warrior Institute Principal's personal disciple.

However, hearing even the Alchemist Grandmaster Association Chief calling him Senior Brother Huang, at this moment, Huang Xiaolong was at a loss as to how to behave.

Watching Huang Xiaolong not knowing what to do from the side, the Ascending Moon Old Man felt a sense of accomplishment, relishing in the moment.

In the end, Huang Xiaolong passed his Alchemist assessment. However, when Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and the other Elders found out from Jia Liang that Huang Xiaolong refined without using a furnace, and moreover, used common ingredients to produce saint grade Amorphous Star Pellets, they were astounded. After discussing the matter, they agreed to give Huang Xiaolong an Elder status.

In fact, once someone reached the level of a high-level Alchemist Grandmaster and passed the assessment, they would be promoted to Elders. With the Ascending Moon Old Man being one of the reasons, Huang Xiaolong was promoted with exemption from further assessments. Toward this decision, the Ascending Moon Old Man did not say anything. After all, Huang Xiaolong's alchemy refining skills were more than qualified to become an Elder.

No doubt, Huang Xiaolong was the first person to jump directly from an Alchemist to an Elder.

When all was done, Chen Ye respectfully invited the Ascending Moon Old Man, Huang Xiaolong, and Shi Xiaofei to rest in his residence. Hearing the Ascending Moon Old Man agree, this Alchemist Grandmaster Association Chief was on cloud nine, it clearly showed in his speech and demeanor.

As Huang Xiaolong and the others headed to Chen Ye's residence, news about Huang Xiaolong's Alchemist assessment also spread out.

Chapter 683: Ancestor Mountaingoat

Inside a manor on the north corner of Royal Pill City, Xiang Mingzhi was looking morose. The news about Huang Xiaolong taking the Alchemist assessment had spread, therefore it wasn't strange that Xiang Mingzhi also heard about it.

Beside Xiang Mingzhi was a middle-aged man in a light purple brocade robe. His hands were naturally placed behind his back, yet a majestic aura could be felt from him. Even the guards subconsciously held their breaths in the presence of this middle-aged man.

This middle-aged man was none other than the Azure Dragon Institute Principal, Qin Yi.

Qin Yi said, "I really didn't expect that Huang Xiaolong's alchemy talent to be just as dazzling. Without a furnace, and using the common ingredients prepared by the Alchemist Grandmaster Association, he was able to refine saint grade Amorphous Star Pellets. This wouldn't have been possible if his skills didn't reach the level of a high-level Alchemist Grandmaster."

"Most likely the Alchemist Grandmaster Association purposely exaggerated the incident because he is the Ascending Moon Old Man's personal disciple, putting Huang Xiaolong on a pedestal!" Xiang Mingzhi's sullen mood was obvious from his tone. "I don't believe that with less than thirty years of practice he could reach the high-level Alchemist Grandmaster!"

Indeed, it was undoubtedly hard for anyone to believe unless they witnessed it with their own eyes; someone that learned alchemy for barely thirty years achieving the rank of a high-level Alchemist Grandmaster!

This was akin to someone who cultivated for less than two hundred years breaking into the Highgod Realm. No one would believe it.

A light flickered in Qin Yi's eyes as he listened,"Both Chen Ye and Lin Pinghai, as well as the other Elders of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association took the unanimous decision to give Huang Xiaolong an Elder position in the association. If Huang Xiaolong did not have the necessary skills, the Alchemist Grandmaster Association would not go this far."

A tall stalwart man beside Qin Yi interjected, "Even if that Huang Xiaolong really has skills comparable to a high-level Alchemist Grandmaster, it doesn't mean he'd be able to win over Junior Brother in the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition. Junior Brother has completely merged with the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, defeating Huang Xiaolong will be an easy matter."

This stalwart man was Qin Yi's eldest disciple, Ceng Chu.

Qin Yi nodded, he agreed with his eldest disciple.

The four divine flames of the primeval time were the most powerful flames in the four galaxies, and the Azure Dragon Divine Fire was the herald of the four divine fires, possessing incredible power.

Xiang Mingzhi said, "It's fine this way. Now that Huang Xiaolong holds the status of an Elder of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association, squashing him in the competition would give me greater satisfaction, raising my prestige!"

Similar to Xiang Mingzhi's reaction, when participants from all four galaxies heard that Huang Xiaolong had skills comparable to a high-level Alchemist Grandmaster despite having practiced alchemy for less than thirty years, a majority of them incessantly shook their heads in disbelief. Some even sneered with disdain.

Huang Xiaolong was oblivious to the discussions happening outside.

After arriving in Chen Ye's residence with the Ascending Moon Old Man and Shi Xiaofei, the three of them did not step out since then. Staying there, Huang Xiaolong and Chen Ye would 'learn' from each other, comparing their alchemy refining techniques.

Naturally, as the times they compared grew more numerous, so did Chen Ye's shock.

Although Chen Ye was the Alchemist Grandmaster Association's Chief, when compared to the Ascending Moon Old Man, his alchemy skills were still lacking. But, not only were Huang Xiaolong's skills almost comparable to the Ascending Moon Old Man, in certain aspects, Huang Xiaolong was slightly better than his Master. Chen Ye feeling astonished was understandable.

Initially, Chen Ye still had doubts towards Jia Liang's description of Huang Xiaolong refining saint grade Amorphous Star Pellets without a furnace. After all, he did not personally witness it.

However, after seeing Huang Xiaolong in action, Chen Ye finally realized that Huang Xiaolong's alchemy skills exceeded his assumptions.

While these two men were exchanging pointers, Shi Xiaofei had been watching and listening, reaping a great harvest.

As for the Ascending Moon Old Man, no one knew where he ran to every day.

Very quickly, three days passed.

Deep into the night.

Huang Xiaolong stared at the night sky, standing in the yard.

Shi Xiaofei entered, approaching Huang Xiaolong's side and asking softly, "Tomorrow's the competition, are you still thinking about the Azure Dragon Divine Fire that Xiang Mingzhi obtained?"

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, "No."

Though Xiang Mingzhi obtaining the Azure Dragon Divine Fire posed a certain risk to Huang Xiaolong, he wasn't perturbed.

What he was thinking of was, in fact, his parents in his previous life on Earth.

Close to seventy years had passed since he was reborn into this world, he wondered how his previous parents were. If the time flow here was the same to Earth, then his past life parents had most likely passed away.

For a moment, sadness filled Huang Xiaolong's heart.

Sensing Huang Xiaolong's sadness, Shi Xiaofei reached out to hold his hands, tenderness in her eyes looking at him, "Regardless how the future may be, I will always be by your side."

His wrist turned, grasping Shi Xiaofei's small hands in his, saying affectionately, "After I win the first place in the Highgod Advancement Tournament, let's get married."

Shi Xiaofei trembled, her eyes red-rimmed and misty.

Under the moonlight, two figures embraced each other.

The night's dark curtain quietly gave way as the brilliant sunlight shone from the east.

Coming out from his yard, Huang Xiaolong headed to the front hall. Chen Ye, the Ascending Moon Old Man, and Shi Xiaofei were already sitting in the hall.

When Huang Xiaolong saw the old man that had disappeared for the last several days, he couldn't resist taking a stab at him, "Have you been fermenting in the Royal Pill House for the last couple of days?"

The Ascending Moon Old Man grinned sheepishly, "How did you know?"

Huang Xiaolong was speechless. It seems like this old man had really been sleeping at the Royal Pill House for the last few days. Then again, speaking of Royal Pill House, his thoughts strayed toward the Royal Pill Wine. Saliva pooled in his mouth at the thought of the wine. He decided on the spot to stay in Royal Pill City a little longer just for the Royal Pill Wine.

Despite the Royal Pill House's rule that restricted each person to one jug of Royal Pill Wine, as long as one had money, they could go there every day.

At this time, Chen Ye respectfully asked the Ascending Moon Old Man, "Master, the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition will start in an hour, shall we...?"

The Ascending Moon Old Man nodded, "En, let's depart now!" With that said, the four of them left the mansion, walking toward the Alchemist Grandmaster Association headquarters. The Alchemist Grandmaster Competition would be held at the square in front of the headquarters building.

By the time Huang Xiaolong's group of four arrived, the square was already packed with people.

Lin Pinghai and the other Elders who had arrived early hurried forward when they saw Chen Ye and the Ascending Moon Old Man, saluting with the utmost respect. The noisy square quieted down significantly when they arrived.

Nearly everyone turned their heads to look.

There were a lot of people, but Huang Xiaolong still spotted Xiang Mingzhi amongst them. In that instant, their eyes met. In Xiang Mingzhi's eyes, Huang Xiaolong saw great hatred, killing intent, and even disdain.

"I didn't expect that old monster to also be here," the Ascending Moon Old Man muttered under his breath.

Huang Xiaolong heard the Ascending Moon Old Man's muttering under his breath and his eyes followed in the direction of the Ascending Moon Old Man's gaze, leading to a small statured old man with a goatee—a bizarre skinny old man.

"That's Ancestor Mountaingoat?!" Chen Ye was surprised when he saw the bizarre old man.

Ancestor Mountaingoat? Huang Xiaolong was baffled. This Ancestor Mountaingoat was able to make the Ascending Moon Old Man and Chen Ye pay such attention.

Chen Ye explained to Huang Xiaolong, "This Ancestor Mountaingoat is one of the strongest Beast Kings of the demonic beast clan. He is a master on the God Ranking List. I didn't expect him to also participate in the competition!"

Chapter 684: Begin The Refinement

The demonic beast clan's strongest Beast King!

A master on the God Ranking List!

Huang Xiaolong was astonished.

For someone to be called 'old monster' by the Ascending Moon Old Man, it was obvious that this Ancestor Mountaingoat's age was on the higher end, no worse than Ancestors of super forces. This Ancestor Mountaingoat probably held a higher seniority over those Ancestor level characters, for they were just like the current Alchemist Grandmaster Association Chief, Chen Ye. In front of the Ascending Moon Old Man, those people were merely juniors, far from worthy of being called 'old monster'.

Huang Xiaolong's expression grew somber.

This time's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition actually lured out an old monster of this level. However, recalling that one of the rewards for the first place winner was a rank six godhead, it made sense.

A rank six godhead!

Even to the Ascending Moon Old Man, it was extremely tempting.

At this point, Ancestor Mountaingoat turned to look at Huang Xiaolong, a flame flickering in the depth of his eyes. Huang Xiaolong's soul suddenly quivered, making him dizzy.

The Ascending Moon Old Man coldly harrumphed, instantly clearing Huang Xiaolong's head. Cold sweat trickled down Huang Xiaolong's back after realizing what happened.

"This Ancestor Mountaingoat cultivates a technique called Grand Soul Engulfment Purgatory Technique," the Ascending Moon Old Man said. His gaze was like piercing daggers glaring at Ancestor Mountaingoat.

Ancestor Mountaingoat smiled sweetly instead, asking, "Ascending Moon, looks like your injuries have healed."

The Ascending Moon Old Man sneered, "Enough to kill you." A few months ago, in the scuffle for the Buddha śarīra, Ancestor Mountaingoat was one of the five people who attacked him. Other than Ancestor Mountaingoat, the other four people were also old monsters whose names were on the God Ranking List.

Ancestor Mountaingoat turned his attention on Huang Xiaolong instead, "Little boy, it seems like that Buddha śarīra was refined by you."

Huang Xiaolong was aloof and silent, not giving an answer.

The Ascending Moon Old Man no longer bothered with the other party. Leading Huang Xiaolong and Chen Ye, he walked towards the front of the square.

Ancestor Mountaingoat's gaze fell on Huang Xiaolong's back, a cold sinister light glimmering in his eyes, only he himself knew what he was thinking. That Buddha śarīra was an item that he strongly desired for a long time, yet it was actually refined by a trifling kid, how could he be willing? In fact, the reason why he decided to participate in this alchemy competition was not purely for that rank six godhead.

Upon reaching the front of the square, the Ascending Moon Old Man went up to the host stage together with Chen Ye and Lin Pinghai. Whereas Huang Xiaolong, as one of the participants, remained standing below the stage.

The square was large enough to accommodate more than ten thousand people.

However, despite the lucrative prizes offered by the Alchemist Grandmaster Association this time, not many people registered for the competition. In past competitions, only about five to six thousand people actually took part.

After all, as tempting as the prizes were, winning depended on one's capabilities. In general, those who registered for the competition had the skills of a high level Alchemist Grandmaster. Only a handful of people on the level of an Alchemist Master would participate.

This time around, the number of participants had actually doubled to twelve thousand. Even with twelve thousand people in the square, it still didn't feel crowded. In addition to that, the square perimeter was packed with various family disciples and masters waiting to watch the competition.

The square was a babel of noises, every corner had groups of people discussing who would be the final winner of this term's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition and receive the title of Pill King.

"Friends participating in the competition, please stand according to the number allocated to you!" On the host stage, Lin Pinghai stepped forward, instructing in a sonorous voice. This term's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition was supervised by Lin Pinghai.

When Huang Xiaolong and the other participants registered for the competition, the Alchemist Grandmaster Association issued a number plate for each of them, thus at Lin Pinghai's instructions, all participants moved to their own places on the square.

After a brief shuffling around, the square once again quieted down.

Seeing that all the participants had found their places, Lin Pinghai spoke, "I'll first talk about the rules. Just like in the past, the competition is divided into two stages, the preliminary and final round." Lin Pinghai then proceeded to explain the rules of both the preliminary and final round of the competition.

In the preliminary round, the Alchemist Grandmaster Association would provide all participants with a standard furnace and the participants were required to refine a high rank divine grade spirit pellet, the Potent Physic Pill. Other than the standard furnace, the Alchemist Grandmaster Association also prepared similar quality of herb ingredients needed by each participant. To pass the preliminary stage, they were required to refine the Potent Physique Pill within three hours.

When the participants heard the preliminary stage rules, many of them paled.

Refining this high rank divine pellet called Potent Physique Pill was not difficult, however, with the time limit placed at three hours, the chances of success were greatly reduced!

Moreover, all participants noticed that the furnaces provided by the Alchemist Grandmaster Association were the lowest grade, sold by peddlers on streets. Not only that, the ingredients provided were just as... ordinary.

Using ordinary furnace and herb ingredients to refine a high rank divine grade Potent Physique Pill in three hours!

Not even a high level Alchemist Grandmaster dared to guarantee their success!

After Lin Pinghai finished announcing the rules of the competition's preliminary and final rounds, the furnace and ingredients had already been placed in front of all the participants.

"Begin!" Lin Pinghai shouted.

The instant Lin Pinghai's voice fell, on the square below, flames danced as the participants each made their move.

Three hours! Time was of the essence. For a majority of the participants every second was crucial.

On the host stage, the Ascending Moon Old Man's eyebrow rose watching Ancestor Mountaingoat and several other participants. This time, other than Ancestor Mountaingoat, there were quite a few old monsters coming out of seclusion.

If these old monsters suddenly threw a tantrum, it would really be troublesome.

Most of the super forces' Ancestors didn't and wouldn't dare to start a ruckus in the Royal Pill City, but these old monsters were a different matter. Every single one of these old monsters was haughty and ruthless. Little more than ten or twenty thousand years ago, the mere mention of their names would make anyone go pale, they were existences synonymous to archfiends.

However, the Ascending Moon Old Man couldn't prohibit them from participating in the competition.

On the square below, Huang Xiaolong remained standing, adjusting his breathing and calming himself.

In a sense, alchemy was similar to cultivation, a calm state of mind was extremely crucial.

"That's... the Sequent Starburst Technique?!"

All of a sudden, loud noises resounded from the square perimeter. Huang Xiaolong turned to look and saw that numerous balls of light resembling stars were floating around Xiang Mingzhi's body. In between his hand movements, these star-like spheres of light exploded in the air one after another, causing light particles to flow around him, forming a ring that sucked all the herbs into the center.

The Sequent Starburst Technique was a high grade alchemy refining technique originating from an ancient alchemy sect, not weaker than Huang Xiaolong's Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon. In fact, the Sequent Starburst Technique was ranked slightly higher, thus it wasn't strange for the crowd to show such a big reaction.

"Thousand Army Hand?!" Another loud exclamation rang out. As the Vermillion Bird Institute Principal's personal disciple He Feifan's hands moved, the airflow around him howled, as if there was an army of a million soldiers on horses rushing forward in attack.

The Thousand Army Hand was another profound technique.

Ancestor Mountaingoat's technique was slightly odd, using only one hand. The fingers on his right hand fluttered in the air, as if he was playing the zither. With every pluck of his fingers, herbs continuously flew up.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes gleamed as he took note of everything happening on the square. Then, his hands moved as he began the refinement!

Chapter 685: And If You Lose?

Not wanting to attract attention, Huang Xiaolong chose to use the Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon because amongst the many alchemy refining techniques he was versed in, the Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon was the most 'ordinary.'

When Huang Xiaolong's hands began moving, employing the Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon, it still drew the crowd's attention, causing sounds of exclamation to be heard. From the beginning, Huang Xiaolong was a point of focus for many due to his identity, so even if he wanted to keep a low-profile, it was not meant to be. Moreover, although the Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon technique was only ordinary in Huang Xiaolong's eyes, to everyone else present it was a long-lost high level alchemy technique belonging to the ancient Dragon Clan.

Hearing the crowd's loud exclamations, Xiang Mingzhi couldn't resist turning to look in Huang Xiaolong's direction. Watching the herb ingredients in front of Huang Xiaolong flying into the air and arranging themselves into the shape of a dragon, Xiang Mingzhi issued an audible cold harrumphed.

The Vermillion Bird Institute's He Feifan, the White Tiger Institute's Wan Zhenxing, Ancestor Mountaingoat, and the several other old monsters each revealed various expression watching Huang Xiaolong's Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon.

Ancestor Mountaingoat looked like he was smiling whilst not, appearing quite sinister.

Huang Xiaolong ignored the reactions around him, focusing on the herbs in front of him. Both of his hands continued moving. The herb dragon weaved in the air, emitting a mixture of the herbs' fragrance as he refined the impurities contained within the herbs.

A short while later, the herb ingredients flew into the furnace and Huang Xiaolong summoned the Asura Fire from his body, but the crowd was stupefied in the next second watching Huang Xiaolong slamming his fist onto the furnace!

This action shocked and baffled those watching, none of them could guess what Huang Xiaolong was planning to do.

Struck by the force of this punch, all the herbs inside the furnace probably exploded into dust! What was he going to refine then? They had never heard of anyone refining pills using this method!

Even Elders of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association such as Lin Pinghai were startled. Only the Ascending Moon Old Man and their Chief Chen Ye showed a calm expression.

After the first punch, Huang Xiaolong landed a second strike on the furnace.

Before everyone's agape faces, Huang Xiaolong made thirty-six consecutive strikes at the furnace, dull 'dang' sounds echoing in the square. Although the noises weren't loud, all the other participants looked in Huang Xiaolong's direction.

Some of them even snickered audibly in contempt.

What was this? To them, Huang Xiaolong looked like more he was forging the furnace than refining divine spirit pills.

"That kid, is he thinking of reforging the furnace because its grade is too low? To increase the furnace's quality a little?" Standing behind Qin Yi, the Azure Dragon Institute Principal's eldest disciple, Ceng Chu mocked.

But the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi did not respond, his eyes gleamed as he continued to watch. Although he had no idea what Huang Xiaolong's purpose was, he could tell that each of Huang Xiaolong's punches contained depth and profoundness. Moreover, every strike was made with the exact same force!

Thirty-six punches, neither harder nor weaker, all landed accurately without the slightest deviation!

Clearly, Huang Xiaolong was not playing around.

A rank six godhead was one of the rewards for this term's first place winner, no one would take this competition lightly.

Just as the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi suspected, Huang Xiaolong was not playing around. His thirty-six punches were used to shake up the herbs' properties inside the furnace until they were well integrated. After Huang Xiaolong's thirty-six punches, the herbs inside the furnace were equally divided into thirty-six portions.

This was a technique that Huang Xiaolong had derived from his own comprehension. A self-created alchemy refining technique.

Time gradually passed, and very soon half an hour was gone.

All of a sudden, the sound of an exploding furnace rang in the square, originating from the front of the square. A participant's furnace exploded in the midst of refining, black smoke was curling out from the furnace's mouth.

Failure!

Moments later, another similar noise rippled in the air.

As time continued to flow, the noise of exploding furnaces sounded like morning tide waves, one after another.

By the one hour mark, more than ten thousand participants had been disqualified. More than half failed!

However, according to the competition rules, participants that failed within the stipulated three hours time were not allowed to leave the square. They must wait until three hours ended, therefore these participants could only remain on the square and watch the other participants continuing forward.

Another half an hour passed.

On the quiet square, a silvery cry resounded, followed by a brilliant light shooting up to the sky.

Turning toward the source, Xiang Mingzhi's furnace was seen floating high in the air as round pellets resembling luminous jade beads flew out from the furnace. Immediately, the scent of medicinal pills permeated the square, intoxicating many masters all around.

In a few seconds, all the spirit pellets that Xiang Mingzhi refined had flown out—a total of twenty-two pellets!

Moreover, each pellet emitted a luster. Just from that, no one doubted that these pellets were of the highest quality and grade.

An Alchemist Grandmaster Association disciple hurried to collect those twenty-two pellets from Xiang Mingzhi, bringing them to the host stage.

After verifying them, Lin Pinghai announced, "Twenty-two Potent Spirit Pills, all top grade, time: one and a half hours!"

The crowd was in an uproar.

He actually successfully refined twenty-two Potent Spirit Pills, and each pellet was top grade!

Hearing the gasps and exclamations, a trace of complacence showed on Xiang Mingzhi's face. He did not use the Azure Dragon Divine Fire just now, merely a fire transformed from his god battle qi. Integrating with the Azure Dragon Divine Fire triggered a transformation in his god battle qi, becoming stronger many times over compared to before.

Xiang Mingzhi cast a taunting glance at Huang Xiaolong, who was still refining.

A short while later, another dazzling light burst into the sky.

The second person who succeeded the task was Ancestor Mountaingoat. Ancestor Mountaingoat also managed to produce top grade Potent Spirit Pills, but only twenty-one pellets.

Two hours passed, and the number of successful participants increased, but then again, even more people failed.

At two and a half hours mark, Huang Xiaolong finally succeeded in refining his Potent Spirit Pills. To Huang Xiaolong, two and a half hours was just right, neither too fast, drawing too much attention, nor too slow that he was the last person.

Seeing that Huang Xiaolong only managed to finish refining his batch of Potent Spirit Pills after two and a half hours, the satirical smile on Xiang Mingzhi's face deepened.

Soon, the three-hour time limit reached the end.

At the final count, no more than one hundred and forty participants passed the preliminary stage.

Around twelve thousand people participated in the competition, but no more than a hundred and forty people made it through. This ratio was horrifying.

However, the Alchemist Grandmaster Association seemingly expected this result, hence the furnace and ingredients prepared for the final stage did not exceed two hundred sets.

With the failures of the preliminary stage leaving, the square was even more empty.

The final stage of the competition did not begin immediately. Instead, it was scheduled half an hour after the preliminary stage ended. The half an hour was a break for the participants who succeeded to readjust their conditions.

When the time came, Lin Pinghai once again spoke from the host stage, "I explained the final round's rules earlier, and I believe everyone is clear. If there are no questions, then the competition shall begin!"

"Wait!" Just as Lin Pinghai finished his sentence, someone shouted. Turning toward the origin of the voice, the person who shouted was none other than Xiang Mingzhi.

Lin Pinghai's eyebrows rose to his forehead.

Xiang Mingzhi looked at Huang Xiaolong, coldly saying, "Huang Xiaolong, competing this way is not interesting. How about the two of us make a bet? If you lose, then you must give me the Five-colored Divine Banner, the Innumerable Fortune Kasaya, and the rest of twenty-five ancient treasures as well as the Hailstone Treasure vault! Other than that, kneel before me, kowtow one thousand times as repentance for your sins! When you see me in the future, you're to respectfully call me Ancestor!" Though his voice wasn't loud, all the people presence heard every word loud and clear.

A cold light flickered in Huang Xiaolong's eyes, his gaze fixed on the other party, a cold expression on his face, "And if you lose?"

Xiang Mingzhi blanked for a second hearing this, then burst into laughter, "Huang Xiaolong, you think you can win over me? Looks like you don't understand what the Azure Dragon Divine Fire represents. Didn't your Master Ascending Moon tell you?" Xiang Mingzhi's laughter was arrogant to the extreme.

Chapter 686: Xuanji Treasure

Huang Xiaolong sneered at Xiang Mingzhi's arrogant laughter, "Are you planning to gamble like last time, baiting a white wolf with an empty hand? If I lose, I have to give you the Five-colored Divine Banner, Innumerable Fortune Kasaya, and the rest of the treasures as well as the Hailstone Treasure, moreover, I have to kneel and kowtow a thousand times to you and call you Ancestor? It's fine if you're an idiot, but please don't think that everyone in the world is an idiot like you!"

The many experts present in the square did not hide their snickers as they watched.

Xiang Mingzhi's face reddened, glaring furiously at Huang Xiaolong, "Fine! If I lose, this Xuanji Treasure, including ten thousand Xuanji Divine Pellets, belongs to you!" Xiang Mingzhi waved both his hands and a huge golden cube appeared high in the air. When the restrictions around the golden cube were opened, spirit stones piled mountain high, Qinglong coins, herb elixirs, and divine grade pellets could be seen inside.

"The Xuanji Treasure!"

Astounded voices reverberated above the square, eyes burning with greed stared fixedly at the golden cube.

Even old monsters like Ancestor Mountaingoat couldn't control their greed from showing for a second.

The Xuanji Treasure was a supreme treasure left behind by the ancient Xuanji Divinity Faith of the Azure Dragon Galaxy. The degree of its preciousness and value rivaled Huang Xiaolong's Hailstone Treasure. In truth, the Xuanji Treasure probably slightly surpassed the Hailstone Treasure because the Xuanji Divine Pellets were one of the top ten Great Divine Pills, ranked at number six!

Every divine grade pellet among the Great Divine Pills was rare and invaluable. They were priceless and high in demand, but extremely short in supply. Thus, they could hardly be bought even with money.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes narrowed. This Xiang Mingzhi's luck was unexpectedly good, not only did he obtain the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, even the Xuanji Treasure fell into his hands!

Huang Xiaolong was quick to converge the look in his eyes, asking indifferently, "What else?"

Xiang Mingzhi was dazed momentarily, then he sneered, "At that time, I'll give you a thousand kowtows in apology, and when I run into you in the future, I'll call you Ancestor!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded with a deadpan face, then he took out the Hailstone Treasure, Innumerable Fortune Kasaya, and the remaining treasures.

Although Xiang Mingzhi noticed that the Five-colored Divine Banner was missing from the lot, he didn't mind it. His main purpose was the Hailstone Treasure. What he wanted the most were the one thousand kowtows from Huang Xiaolong, and Huang Xiaolong calling him Ancestor from now on!

Thinking of this, strong hatred glinted in Xiang Mingzhi's eyes. He was going to pay back the humiliation Huang Xiaolong gave him that year many times over today!

"However, three hours is too long, our bet will be decided in one hour's time. The person who can refine the Exalted Divinity Pellets in one hour, and of the highest grade, will be the winner!" Huang Xiaolong added: "And no furnace is allowed!"

Like in the preliminary stage, the latter part was also set at three hours. The rules were to use the herbs prepared by the Alchemist Grandmaster Association to refine the Exalted Divinity Pellets. Participant rankings would be determined according to pill quality and the time they took.

Hearing Huang Xiaolong's additional conditions, surprised gasps could be heard from the crowd.

Refining the Exalted Divinity Pellets in three hours was borderline impossible, so much that even a high level Alchemist Grandmaster dared not guarantee they could succeed. At most, only a one-tenth chance of success existed.

Yet, Huang Xiaolong actually limited the time to one hour!

One hour!!

This was absolutely impossible!

No one had ever heard of anyone capable of refining the Exalted Divinity Pellet in one hour.

Xiang Mingzhi's expression darkened. Within three hours' time, he had full confidence of success, but it was a different matter if the time limit was set at one hour. This had nothing to do with the Azure Dragon Divine Fire. It was a fact that one hour was too short!

Only an Alchemist that had reached a certain level of skill would be able to do so.

"How about it, you don't dare?" Huang Xiaolong snickered.

"Agreed!" Xiang Mingzhi's gaze grew chilling cold: "One hour it is!"

Xiang Mingzhi naturally knew Huang Xiaolong's purpose in reducing the refining time to one hour and not allowing the use of a furnace. However, he refused to believe that Huang Xiaolong's alchemy skills were better than his!

He possessed the Azure Dragon Divine Fire! Unless Huang Xiaolong's alchemy skills exceeded his by more than one rank, Huang Xiaolong would never beat him!

Listening to Huang Xiaolong and Xiang Mingzhi's personal side bet, Lin Pinghai turned to look at the Ascending Moon Old Man, indirectly passing the final decision to him.

The Ascending Moon Old Man nodded, giving his permission toward Xiang Mingzhi and Huang Xiaolong's bet, adding coldly, "Activate the Royal Pill City's Ancient God Slaughtering Buddha Grand Killing Formation. When the result is determined, whoever dares to interfere with the result, no matter who it is, kill them without mercy!"

Ancient God Slaughtering Buddha Grand Killing Formation!

The surrounding masters' expressions tightened hearing the Ascending Moon Old Man's order.

This Ancient God Slaughtering Buddha Grand Killing Formation was famed as an inexorable killing formation. According to rumors, once activated, even Highgod Realm masters would be helpless when trapped inside. It was also said to be capable of killing early level Highgod Realm masters!

The Azure Dragon Institute Principal, Qin Yi, looked grim. Although the Ascending Moon Old Man did not give any names, it was a direct warning to him. When the result of Huang Xiaolong and Xiang Mingzhi's bet came out, if he, Qin Yi, dared to interfere when Xiang Mingzhi happened to lose, then he shouldn't blame the Alchemist Grandmaster Association for being ruthless!

It was also a warning to other present masters.

Cold lights flickered in Ancestor Mountaingoat's eyes as intense energy roiled internally. Despite that, he managed to suppress it.

Lin Pinghai immediately understood his meaning. Receiving the Ascending Moon Old Man's permission, he faced the rest of the participants on the square, "Does anyone have any objections? If not, shall we begin?"

The Vermillion Bird Institute He Feifan and the rest naturally had no objections. Huang Xiaolong and Xiang Mingzhi's side bet was actually advantageous to them. Initially, He Feifan was worried that Huang Xiaolong and Xiang Mingzhi might be a threat to him, but now, he breathed in relief seeing that these two were going against each other.

He strongly doubted that either Huang Xiaolong or Xiang Mingzhi would be able to successfully refine the Exalted Divinity Pellet in a mere hour's time.

"Good, the competition starts now!" Seeing that no one voiced any objections, Lin Pinghai declared loudly.

All of a sudden, various colors of flame erupted in the square.

"This is the Extreme Yin Radiant Fire?!"

"Primary Yang Saint Fire!"

Loud exclamations resounded in the square.

As Ancestor Mountaingoat waved his hands, black flames that emitted a metallic sheen streamed out, it was one of the stronger flames between heaven and earth—Extreme Yin Radiant Fire!

Whereas the flame produced by the Vermillion Bird Institute's He Feifan was a burning red to the point of appearing demonic. It was a kind of flame named Primary Yang Saint Fire and it was no weaker than the Extreme Yin Radiant Fire!

The White Tiger Institute's Wan Zhenxing and the other several old monsters all summoned rarely seen flames.

During the preliminary stage, everyone held back, but now, at the final stage, everyone was going all out.

While the crowd was making a ruckus, Xiang Mingzhi's hands begin to move; an azure flame flew out from his body in the shape of a dragon.

"Azure Dragon Divine Fire!"

Everyone's gazes fell onto that legendary Azure Dragon Divine Fire. As if noticing the azure dragon, the famous flames of Ancestor Mountaingoat, He Feifan, and the other participants were actually suppressed, their brilliance dimmed significantly.

Chapter 687: Xiang Mingzhi's Successful Refinement!

Ancestor Mountaingoat and He Feifan were alarmed. However, no matter how they tried, neither of them was able to restore the Extreme Yin Radiant Fire and Primary Yang Saint Fire's initial brilliance.

Watching the effect of his Azure Dragon Divine Fire, Xiang Mingzhi revealed a complacent expression. His Azure Dragon Divine Fire was the monarch of flames, not to mention in this square, all fires and flames within ten thousand li radius would be suppressed by his Azure Dragon Divine Fire.

While they were being suppressed, these flames could, at most, exert seventy percent of their efficiency!

Xiang Mingzhi was in no hurry to begin refining after summoning his Azure Dragon Divine Fire, letting it fly around in the air as he shot a provoking look in Huang Xiaolong's direction, "Huang Xiaolong, bring out that powerful fire of yours, let's see if your nameless fire is stronger or my Azure Dragon Divine Fire is mightier."

His words were thick with mockery and disdain.

It was as if Xiang Mingzhi could already see Huang Xiaolong's fire ending up like Ancestor Mountaingoat and the others' flames upon appearing, suppressed by his Azure Dragon Divine Fire.

Huang Xiaolong's expression grew colder watching Xiang Mingzhi's mocking face. Circulating the true immortal essence inside his dantian, true immortal essence fire flew out as his hands moved.

For a second, everyone subconsciously closed their eyes as a piercing light flashed before their eyes.

The true immortal essence fire was fiery white-gold in color, taking the shape of a divine dragon high in the in air, standing opposite from the Azure Dragon Divine Fire. To everyone's surprise, Huang Xiaolong's nameless fire was not affected in the slightest in front of the Azure Dragon Divine Fire!

"This is not possible!" Xiang Mingzhi's shrill denial rang in the square.

Standing on the square, Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi was just was astonished. Even the other three divine fires would be affected before the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, yet the fire from Huang Xiaolong's body was not?!

"What fire is that?!" Standing behind Qin Yi, his eldest disciple Ceng Chu exclaimed.

Qin Yi did not answer, and in truth, even with his knowledge, he failed to determine what kind of flame Huang Xiaolong possessed. If he couldn't recognize the kind of fire from Huang Xiaolong despite his knowledge, what did this mean? It meant that this fire did not exist in any of the four galaxies' records.

Huang Xiaolong ignored the surprise and shock around him. With a wave of his hands, the herbs on the ground flew up in a line, taking the shape of ancient divine beasts.

These ancient divine beasts had different forms and numbered exactly at one hundred.

Watching this, Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and the present association Elders revealed astonished expression.

"This is the Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram?!" Chen Ye's voice shook: "There's actually a person who succeeded in practicing this technique!"

Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram!

Some amongst the crowd with sharp ears heard Chen Ye's trembling voice, and those who had heard of the legendary Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram were all astounded.

Legend has it that when one's alchemy refining skills reached an acme, an inconceivable state, they would be able to manipulate the herbs to take the form of various divine beasts and assemble into a divine beast diagram that could aid in alchemy refining!

Still, the legend remained a legend, as there had never been anyone who succeeded! Including the Alchemist Grandmaster Association's grade ten Alchemist Grandmaster.

To be able to control various herbs and form one hundred different divine beasts showed that Huang Xiaolong's knowledge of herbs and elixirs had reached a horrifying degree.

Xiang Mingzhi was greatly surprised when he heard Chen Ye's words. Of course he had heard of the Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram. Never had he imagined that he would be seeing this legendary technique displayed by Huang Xiaolong!

Suddenly, a strong feeling of unease surfaced in the depth of his heart.

Huang Xiaolong's alchemy refining skills were actually this high!

At this time, the hundred herb divine beasts began to move in the air, gathering into a large diagram that shone brightly.

The crowd watched transfixed, holding in their breaths. Those who had been focusing on Xiang Mingzhi couldn't resist turning their eyes toward Huang Xiaolong instead. Even the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi's attention involuntarily shifted onto Huang Xiaolong.

Each person present wanted to witness how phenomenal this legendary divine beasts diagram was.

Rolling out from his unease, Xiang Mingzhi came to his senses, but there was a menacing gleam in his eyes. He made an effort to focus, pushing away the ruckus around him and the thoughts of Huang Xiaolong. His hands moved, sending the herbs lying on the ground up into the air like a flock of birds taking off.

This was the Manifestation of Hundred Birds technique, one of the ten most renowned alchemy techniques!

Furthermore, looking at his fluid movements, it was clear he had completely mastered this Manifestation of Hundred Birds technique.

Ancestor Mountaingoat, He Feifan, Wan Zhenxing, and the remaining participants did the same, removing their gazes away from Huang Xiaolong, and proceeded with their own refinement.

Seeing that his Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram succeeded, Huang Xiaolong steered his true immortal essence fire dragon, diving straight into the center of the diagram. In an instant, the true immortal essence fire dragon curled into a ring. From the center of the divine beasts diagram, the dragon ring spun following a rhythm, round and round.

With every turn of the true immortal essence fire dragon, the divine beasts in the diagram were lit up.

In the beginning, the true immortal essence fire dragon spun at a slow speed, gradually growing faster. After the tenth round, its speed doubled. By the time it reached the thirtieth round, one's sight could only catch a blurry afterimage.

"This is the Transfiguring Hand of the Dragon? Nine Dragons Rising to the Heavens? Or Promise Hand?" Standing among the crowd was a Grand Elder from the White Tiger Institute, trying to guess the technique that Huang Xiaolong was using.

In actual fact, Huang Xiaolong combined all the highest techniques he knew and created his own method, which was why the White Tiger Institute Grand Elder failed to determine the technique that Huang Xiaolong was using.

Time flew, the first half an hour quickly arrived.

Only half an hour remained from the one-hour time limit of Huang Xiaolong and Xiang Mingzhi's competition. As time continued to draw closer to the limit of one hour, everyone grew increasingly nervous.

Although Huang Xiaolong displayed the legendary Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram, most people highly doubted that Huang Xiaolong would be able to complete the refinement of the Exalted Divinity Pellets within one hour.

Twenty minutes passed, only ten minutes remained!

The airflow in in surrounding space seemingly slowed down.

All of a sudden, a resplendent light shot to the sky, and those who had been watching Huang Xiaolong were startled. Looking toward the source of the light, they saw that in the middle of Xiang Mingzhi's Azure Dragon Divine Fire, the liquid herb essences from the refined herbs began to combine. In fact, they started to condense into pills.

At the bottom of the resplendent light, pellets exuding a golden sheen rose from the center of the Azure Dragon Divine Fire.

The crowd was flabbergasted.

Xiang Mingzhi actually succeeded! He refined the Exalted Divinity Pellets within one hour!

No! It was even less than one hour, as there were five minutes left!

Shocked gasps sounded all around the square, filled with surprise and disbelief.

Xiang Mingzhi retrieved the Azure Dragon Divine Fire into his body, blowing out a breath of turbid qi as delight flickered across his eyes. During the refinement just now, he once again entered a state of enlightenment, allowing him to successfully refine the Exalted Divinity Pellet in less than an hour!

He turned hurriedly in Huang Xiaolong's direction and seeing that his hands were still moving, the corner of Xiang Mingzhi's mouth curved up in a mocking sneer. No longer holding back his disdain, Xiang Mingzhi spoke loudly, "Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram? Hehe, so what if you have the Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram? Huang Xiaolong, the winner and loser are obvious! I'll be waiting for your one thousand kowtows and you calling me Ancestor!" At the end, Xiang Mingzhi laughed without restraint.

Chapter 688: Pill Tribulation!

The viewers around also shook their heads, inwardly feeling pity for Huang Xiaolong.

In the beginning, they had thought that, with Huang Xiaolong's abilities, especially after he displayed the Pill Refining Hundred Divine Beast Diagram, his chances of winning the bet were slightly higher than Xiang Mingzhi's.

But now...!

Did Huang Xiaolong still have a chance to turn the tide and snatch a win?

As time drew closer to the one-hour time limit, with merely few minutes remaining, no one believed that Huang Xiaolong would be able to pull a miracle and win the bet. Even the Ascending Moon Old Man's brows were slightly creased as he watched from his seat on the host stage, faint disappointment could almost be detected in his eyes.

He had assumed based on his understanding of Huang Xiaolong that this little disciple of his definitely had full confidence in winning the bet. Only in those circumstances would Huang Xiaolong make such a bet, this was also the reason why the Ascending Moon Old Man permitted his bet with Xiang Mingzhi.

But now it seems like his disciple had miscalculated!

He had underestimated the Azure Dragon Divine Fire!

"Perhaps I should have told him clearly how powerful the Azure Dragon Divine Fire is!" A trace of regret reared its head in the Ascending Moon Old Man's heart for not telling Huang Xiaolong about the might of the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, he was afraid Huang Xiaolong would be overburdened by pressure.

It seems his decision was wrong...

At this time, a High Deacon of the Alchemist Grandmaster Association brought the Exalted Divinity Pellets that Xiang Mingzhi had refined up to the host stage for Lin Pinghai and the association Elders to verify.

A moment later, after the Elders had finished checking the pellets, their mood was heavier than before.

"Xiang Mingzhi, eight Exalted Divinity Pellets, top grade. The refining time is fifty minutes!" Lin Pinghai announced the result to the crowd.

The instant Lin Pinghai's voice ended, the crowd was in an uproar.

Top grade!

There were four grades of medicinal pellets; low, mid, high, and top. Top quality Exalted Divinity Pellets could be considered the highest grade of sacred grade divine pellets in the galaxy!

Hundred of thousands of years passed, there was yet someone who could refine higher quality sacred grade divine pellet than top grade Exalted Divinity Pellet.

When the Azure Dragon Institute Principal heard Lin Pinghai announce the result, he finally relaxed and a radiant smile bloomed on his face.

"Master! Hahaha, it's Junior Brother's victory for sure! Junior Brother's win! That Hailstone Treasure is ours!" Ceng Chu laughed obnoxiously, unbridled and everyone in the square heard what he said clearly.

Xiang Mingzhi turned to look at Huang Xiaolong, undisguised pride and complacency on his face, "Huang Xiaolong, you heard the verification result, right? Do you still want to continue refining?" His hand extended out across space, wanting to pull the Hailstone Treasure and Xuanji Treasure toward himself.

However, with a casual flick, the Ascending Moon Old Man cut off Xiang Mingzhi's action.

At the receiving end of the Ascending Moon Old Man's force, Xiang Mingzhi's Qi Sea roiled violently from the backlash. He looked angrily at him, "Ascending Moon Old Man, the Alchemist Grandmaster Association has agreed to the bet conditions earlier. Now, in front of so many masters, are you trying to go back on your word?!"

All around, masters from different forces were frowning, their stares fixed on the Ascending Moon Old Man.

The old man issued a strange chuckle, "Boy, the competition has not ended."

Xiang Mingzhi sneered despite his black face, "Fine, I'll wait till the competition ends, let's see if you can still come up with more excuses." Finished saying that, Xiang Mingzhi threw a mocking gaze at Huang Xiaolong, who was still refining.

The crowd shook their heads. In their eyes, the Ascending Moon Old Man's action was superfluous where in fact the old man just wanted to save some face. After all, anyone could tell that Huang Xiaolong was bound to lose!

At this point, there were less than five minutes to the one-hour time limit.

Just as everyone was shaking their heads, all of a sudden, rumbling sounds came from the sky above. The originally bright clear sky abruptly darkened, as black clouds gathered above them. Silver lightning streaked endlessly among the growing black clouds.

The sudden change in weather stupefied the crowd.

"What's happening?!" Chen Ye stared dumbly at the dark sky above.

The black clouds gathered at an increasing speed, and very soon, they covered the entire square. The lightning swimming among the black clouds grew thicker and more condensed, transforming into lightning flood dragons.

Those lightning flood dragon assembled above Huang Xiaolong, exuding incredible pressure.

In the next second, before anyone could react, the lightning flood dragons rained down on Huang Xiaolong as if they found a point to vent their anger. More accurately, they bombarded the Exalted Divinity Pellets that Huang Xiaolong was refining.

Everyone was dumbstruck watching this. This scene was too inexplicable.

However, on the host stage, the Ascending Moon Old Man jumped to his feet in excitement, even his voice was shaking, "Could it be... the legendary pill tribulation!!"

Hearing the Ascending Moon Old Man's words, Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and all the association Elders looked blankly at Huang Xiaolong.

Pill tribulation?!

According to legend, only a heaven-defying pellet would trigger pill tribulation!

One could barely remember how many tens of thousands of years this legend had been passed down for until today, but no one had ever seen it with their own eyes, raising doubts if it really existed. Even the Ascending Moon Old Man had only read old records about it from the Thousand Worlds Sect's collection.

The present masters, old monsters, and Ancestors were trembling. They too knew some information related to this legendary pill tribulation.

Seeing that the numerous lightning flood dragons were about to land on his Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram, Huang Xiaolong punched upward at the sky with both fists. Consecutive thunderous booms resounded high in the air.

Under the force of Huang Xiaolong's fists, the lightning flood dragons shattered into tiny drops of lightning rain, assimilating into the divine beasts diagram.

When every drop of lightning rain disappeared into the diagram, the dark clouds above began to disperse, once again revealing a clear blue sky.

From the center of the divine beast diagram, resplendent rays pierced the sky, followed by a lilting sound.

This was the sound of successful pill condensation!

When the pleasing tone ended, the divine beast diagram disappeared. Shiny pellets emitting an alluring fragrance flew out.

In an instant, the fragrance filled the entire square. Every individual in the crowd quivered, feeling refreshed down to their soul. Their gazes changed when they looked at the dozen divine pellets.

Ignoring these people's reactions, Huang Xiaolong collected all the pellets into his hand. Holding twelve Exalted Divinity Pellets in his hand, Huang Xiaolong walked to the host stage, coming to a stop in front of Lin Pinghai.

"Elder Lin, please verify them." Huang Xiaolong spoke calmly.

Only at this moment did Lin Pinghai recover from his daze. With a serious solemn face, he received the twelve Exalted Divinity Pellet on a tray before moving toward the other Elders to verify them together.

In Lin Pinghai and the Elders' sight, inside every single Exalted Divinity Pellet was a lightning flood dragon flickering in and out. Moreover, the amount of spiritual energy inside them was shocking.

Everyone waited with bated breaths for the result.

Xiang Mingzhi's complacent expression had already been replaced with grimness, his victorious smile was nowhere to be seen. The unease from earlier once again rose in his heart, even stronger.

Qin Yi's brows furrowed deeply watching everything.

A short moment later, Lin Pinghai and the Elders were done with the verification. Lin Pinghai took a deep breath as he tried his best to control his excitement, "Huang Xiaolong, twelve Exalted Divinity Pellets, surpassing top grade and reaching the legendary tribulation grade. Moreover, it qualifies as rank one tribulation grade. Time: fifty-minutes!"

Tribulation grade, surpassing top grade pills!

His words were like undulating waves of thunder in the audience's ears, as if tribulation lightning ltruck the crowd.

Xiang Mingzhi was already bloodlessly pale, barely having the strength to support himself. There was a loud buzzing noise in his brain that wouldn't stop.

Although Huang Xiaolong used eight minutes more than him, their bet was based on the pellet quality to determine victory, and Huang Xiaolong's final result was rank one tribulation grade, then...!

Chapter 689: Give Me Some Face

"No, not possible! They cannot be tribulation grade!" Xiang Mingzhi shouted hysterically, pointing at Lin Pinghai and everyone on the host stage, screaming like a mad person, "It must be you lot siding with Huang Xiaolong, deliberately falsifying things!"

"There had never been anyone able to refine tribulation grade pills! It's impossible for Huang Xiaolong to do that!"

"Not possible! No way in hell could he refine it!!"

Xiang Mingzhi grew increasingly violent and his voice reverberated in the square, causing the crowd to look at him with strange expressions.

On the host stage, Lin Pinghai's patience stretched thin, speaking in a cold tone, "Falsifying things? Huang Xiaolong's refinement attracted pill tribulation lightning, everyone here saw it with their own eyes."

But Xiang Mingzhi retorted loudly, "Pill tribulation? This is only a myth, no one has ever seen how pill tribulation really looks like. Are you saying you can determine that it was pill tribulation based on some old records' description?"

Lin Pinghai was stumped.

Though the 'pill tribulation' that Huang Xiaolong attracted earlier matched the descriptions in old records, it was also true that no one had ever managed to do so. Therefore, determining that the Exalted Divinity Pellets refined by Huang Xiaolong were tribulation grade only on this reason was slightly forceful.

Lin Pinghai turned to look at the Ascending Moon Old Man.

The Ascending Moon Old Man replied with indifference, "Whether or not they are tribulation grade, have a person consume one and we will know. According to old records, consuming tribulation grade pills would cause that person to be bathed in lightning. That is the tribulation lightning rushing out from that person's body, able to cleanse the marrow and replace the tendons. An early-level God Realm consuming a pellet would be equivalent to the effect of a decade's cultivation!"

"This way, I'm sure no one will have further doubts, right?" The Ascending Moon Old Man's cold gaze swept through the crowd around the square.

Naturally, no one had any objection.

The Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi merely raised an eyebrow in silence.

Xiang Mingzhi wanted to argue further but was prevented from doing so with a look from his Master Qin Yi. Thus, Xiang Mingzhi endured.

As no objection was raised, the Ascending Moon Old Man summoned the Alchemist who supervised Huang Xiaolong's Alchemist assessment, Jia Liang, giving one of the tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets to him.

One tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellet was more precious than a top divine grade spirit stone. Such a valuable pill could naturally not be given to outsiders.

At that time when Lin Yanhan was making things difficult for Huang Xiaolong, this Jia Liang spoke up for him, therefore, this could be considered a kind of reward for Jia Liang.

With nervous excitement, Jia Liang swallowed the tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellet without hesitation. Instantly, a streak of lightning shot out from the surface of his skin. In the blink of an eye, Jia Liang was shrouded by a glaring light as numerous tribulation lightning streaks flew out from his body.

Watching this scene, the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi and everyone from the Azure Dragon Institute had ugly expressions on their faces.

The scene before their eyes was evidence enough that Huang Xiaolong indeed refined tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets!

Before this, Qin Yi and everyone from the Azure Dragon Institute held a slim hope, but now even that slim ray of hope was shattered to smithereens!

"N-NO! Impossible!! Not true, this cannot be true—!!!" Xiang Mingzhi went hysterical once more, roaring the unwillingness in his heart. "It's you lot, you are definitely cheating! This is an illusion! A deceitful illusion arranged by you!"

He went through a lot of trouble for the Xuanji Treasure, that was the ancient Xuanji Divinity Faith's treasure ah, how would he be willing to yield it to the enemy?!

This time, the crowd shook their heads in pity watching Xiang Mingzhi.

On the host stage, the Ascending Moon Old Man exuded a cold aura watching the hysterical Xiang Mingzhi, his tone was piercing cold, "If you dare to roar once more, disturbing the alchemy competition, I will strangle you dead this instant!"

Strangle you dead!

Fury was spewing out from Xiang Mingzhi's gaze, he did not believe that the Ascending Moon Old Man would dare to kill him.

However, when he was just about to open his mouth, the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi snapped at him: "Enough!"

Xiang Mingzhi stiffened, noticing that his Master Qin Yi was almost glaring at him. Xiang Mingzhi's heart shuddered and he no longer dared to make another sound.

Qin Yi was vexed. This disciple of his had never disappointed him before, but today, all of his face was thrown away because of this disciple. What he was disappointed in was not the fact that Xiang Mingzhi lost to Huang Xiaolong, but his attitude. It was clear as day to everyone that he had lost, yet he was shouting hysterically like an ignorant fool.

What was this? Showing that his Azure Dragon Institute was a sore loser? That they couldn't afford to lose? It was just a mere Xuanji Treasure, losing it didn't matter.

The main reason Qin Yi snapped at Xiang Mingzhi earlier because he knew for sure Ascending Moon Old Man would really kill his disciple! Others might think twice due to Xiang Mingzhi's identity, but not that old monster!

Who was the Ascending Moon Old Man? Even his Master, the previous Azure Dragon Institute Principal, showed fear and ire speaking of him.

Standing where he was, Xiang Mingzhi felt the gazes directed at him. They felt like sharp thorns, as if they were watching a clown, filled with ridicule.

Xiang Mingzhi clenched his fists, his enmity and killing intent toward Huang Xiaolong intensified.

From the beginning until now, Huang Xiaolong had maintained silence, standing there with a detached expression. Keenly sensing the surging hate and killing intent from Xiang Mingzhi, Huang Xiaolong sneered inwardly.

Very soon, a full three hours passed.

Ancestor Mountaingoat and the remaining participants stopped what they were doing.

Among one hundred and forty people that reached the final round, other than Huang Xiaolong and Xiang Mingzhi, only Ancestor Mountaingoat, He Feifan, Wan Zhenxing, and another old monster Ancestor Myriad Poison succeeded in refining the Exalted Divinity Pellets.

Six people in total!

As for other participants, they either failed or merely reached halfway.

The Exalted Divinity Pellets refined by Ancestor Mountaingoat were verified as high grade, better than He Feifan, Wan Zhenxing, Ancestor Myriad Poison, and other old monsters'. He was awarded the third place.

Finally, the result of this term's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition was determined.

No doubt, Huang Xiaolong won the Pill King title at first place, Xiang Mingzhi was second, and third was Ancestor Mountaingoat.

Although Xiang Mingzhi won the second place, not a single person from the Azure Dragon Institute felt any spark of joy despite the fact that the second place was also considered a great achievement. Compared to the Xuanji Treasure, the second place was nothing.

The Ascending Moon Old Man personally presented the rank six godhead, three thousand Exalted Divinity Pellets, one sacred grade divine furnace, three thousand divine spirit stones, and three thousand kinds of herbs above one million years old to Huang Xiaolong.

After presenting the reward to Huang Xiaolong, the Ascending Moon Old Man broke into a hearty laughter, "My good disciple, you really did not disappoint your Master!"

Huang Xiaolong didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Then again, with the rank six godhead in his hand, Huang Xiaolong was in a great mood.

Rank six godhead!

On top of that Buddha śarīra that he had refined earlier, it wouldn't take him long to breakthrough to Eighth Order God Realm!

Compared to Huang Xiaolong, when Xiang Mingzhi went to receive his second place reward, he looked like his Master had just died.

A short while later, all rewards were given out.

Just as Xiang Mingzhi was about to return to his Master Qin Yi's side, Huang Xiaolong's cold voice rang in his ears: "Xiang Mingzhi, it seems you've forgotten something."

Xiang Mingzhi's face instantly turned beet-red, knowing exactly what Huang Xiaolong was referring to.

One thousand kowtows!

The crowd that was about to disperse halted their steps.

Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi hesitated for a second before turning to face the Ascending Moon Old Man, "Ascending Moon Old Man, give me some face. This matter, can we let it end here?"

With the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi's status, him being willing to speak in such a manner was already seen as being humble.

Still, relying on his status, Qin Yi called the Ascending Moon Old Man by his name without the respectful Senior salutation.

The Ascending Moon Old Man sneered, "Give you face? Why should I?"

Chapter 690: Are You Certain?

Prior to this, it was Xiang Mingzhi who challenged Huang Xiaolong before the public, and if Huang Xiaolong lost he had to perform a thousand kowtows. On top of it, he also had to call Xiang Mingzhi Ancestor henceforth!

Xiang Mingzhi had the guts to do that in public surely because the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi had given the nod of approval.

Who was Huang Xiaolong? He was the Ascending Moon Old Man's personal disciple!

Xiang Mingzhi's action was a blatant act of disrespect toward him. In other words, the Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi did not put the Ascending Moon Old Man in his eyes, not giving him any face!

Since it was so, the Ascending Moon Old Man need not give Qin Yi any face either!

Then again, the Ascending Moon Old Man had never put the status of the Azure Dragon Institute Principal in his eyes.

No one expected the Ascending Moon Old Man to be so direct and unyielding before a crowd, spurning Qin Yi's request without hesitation.

Similar to those present, Qin Yi was finding it hard to believe that the old man had just refused to give him face in front of so many people.

Qin Yi's expression changed, turning cold and sullen, even the temperature in the square plummeted sharply. With Qin Yi's feet as the center, a thick layer of ice spread out on the square.

"Ascending Moon Old Man, are you certain?" Qin Yi asked, a faint sneer on his face. Although he was wary of him, it didn't mean that he was really afraid of the old man.

Within the four galaxies, there had yet to exist a person that he, Qin Yi, was afraid of!

A good-natured grin spread over the Ascending Moon Old Man's face, "Boy, your talent is not bad, it seems like you've reached the perfection stage in your Three Thousand Azure Dragon Art. However, that year, your Master also reached the perfection stage in his Three Thousand Azure Dragon Art, but he still wasn't my opponent. Do you really think you're stronger than your Master at his peak?"

Qin Yi was looking extremely grim, recalling his Master saying that unless his Three Thousand Azure Dragon Art exceed the perfection stage, he wouldn't be the Ascending Moon Old Man's opponent. But, that year, his Master did not mention about suffering any injuries from his battle with the Ascending Moon Old Man.

The light of doubt and hesitation flickered in Qin Yi's eyes.

By this time, all the Azure Dragon Institute masters standing behind Qin Yi had begun to circulate their Qi in silence. Their oppressive momentum enveloped the square, preparing to attack at any moment.

The high tension was suddenly broken by Xiang Mingzhi's voice. "Master, since the bet was proposed by this disciple, disciple is willing to fulfill it as agreed." Finished saying that, Xiang Mingzhi walked toward Huang Xiaolong. Before many shock-widened eyes, Xiang Mingzhi bent his knees, kneeling down and starting the first kowtow.

The Azure Dragon Institute Principal Qin Yi's fists were tightly clenched, releasing a terrifying aura. In the end, he made no further action.

Though Qin Yi prided himself in the fact that his strength had already surpassed the previous Azure Dragon Institute Principal, despite being on the top of the God Ranking List, the Ascending Moon Old Man was already the first ranked on the God Ranking List sixty thousand years ago. So many years had passed, what was the Ascending Moon Old Man's current strength today?

Not forgetting that this was Royal Pill City, not his Azure Dragon Institute!

Perhaps due to the chilling aura coming from the Azure Dragon Institute Principal, no one dared to ridicule or laugh at Xiang Mingzhi.

With every knock, Xiang Mingzhi called out the word 'Ancestor.' In the enormous square with myriad of prominent forces and characters around, Xiang Mingzhi's lone voice echoed.

There was a tiny frown on Huang Xiaolong's forehead. Xiang Mingzhi's abrupt change in attitude, being able to endure this humiliation, strayed from his assumptions.

For the members of the Azure Dragon Institute, time passed torturously slow.

Xiang Mingzhi returned to Qin Yi's side after he was done with the one thousand kowtows with an exceedingly calm expression.

"We're leaving!" Qin Yi coldly stated, leading the group of Azure Institute masters away.

Before Xiang Mingzhi turned to leave, despite his calm face, the look in his eyes as they swept over Huang Xiaolong contained enmity and viciousness so strong that any other person would have buckled at their knees.

Moments later, the Azure Dragon Institute group disappeared from their sight. Those who were waiting to watch a good show dispersed with stirrings of regret.

Initially, everyone had assumed that one such the Azure Dragon Institute Principal would not endure watching his personal disciple give Huang Xiaolong a thousand kowtows in apology before the public, but it actually happened! The Azure Dragon Institute Principal actually endured it!

Even more unexpected was that Xiang Mingzhi voluntarily admitted that he lost and kowtowed!

At the same time the spectators dispersed in various directions, a battle of spit ensued, discussing the highlights of the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition.

In this term's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition, Huang Xiaolong actually produced rank one tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets!

Tribulation grade!

Tribulation grade divine pellets had never appeared in the four galaxies before!

Huang Xiaolong was truly deserving of this term's Pill King title!

As things ended, Huang Xiaolong, the Ascending Moon Old Man, Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and the Elders of Alchemist Grandmaster Association made their way to the association headquarters.

According to the Alchemist Grandmaster Association's tradition, every new Pill King was to pay homage to the previous Pill Kings' statues. Of course, after today, a statue of Huang Xiaolong would be added into the line.

After the ceremony was done, the Ascending Moon Old Man returned to his usual self, beaming at Huang Xiaolong, "Kid, you won the first place in the competition, as well as the Xuanji Treasure. You're now a genuine rich man, we must drink our hearts' fill to celebrate! Come, to the Royal Pill House!" The old man looked over his shoulder at Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and the rest, "Let's go, all of you come as well. This kid's buying!"

Huang Xiaolong was genuinely speechless this time. Judging from the situation, it seems like he wouldn't be able to run from his duties as the host

Hence, Huang Xiaolong, Shi Xiaofei, the Ascending Moon Old Man, Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and a large group of Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elders headed to the Royal Pill House in a good mood.

When the owner of the Royal Pill House, Deng Caizhi, received news that Huang Xiaolong and the Ascending Moon Old Man were coming over, he was already respectfully waiting at the entrance to welcome them. He even went a step further and cleared the whole premise, closing their place for a day especially for Huang Xiaolong's group.

The long-established rule was 'one person, one jug of Royal Pill Wine', but Deng Caizhi sent more than a hundred jugs to Huang Xiaolong's group. According to Deng Caizhi, all of them were from his private collection, therefore no rule was broken.

Whether these jugs of wine were really his own personal collection, everyone knew in their hearts, but no one pointed it out bluntly.

Under the influence of good mood and excellent wine, even Shi Xiaofei drank more than she usually did, her delicate face was red as an apple, adding a layer of allure to her beauty,

As the drinking progressed, Chen Ye, Lin Pinghai, and many more continuously raised their cups for a toast with Huang Xiaolong, consecutive calls of 'Senior Brother Huang' rang out, making Huang Xiaolong want to bolt from them. Still, Huang Xiaolong was powerless when these people insisted on calling him Senior Brother Huang.

Whereas Chen Ye and Lin Pinghai were willing to call Huang Xiaolong 'Senior Brother Huang' not entirely because of the Ascending Moon Old Man, but also because both of them were convinced by Huang Xiaolong's alchemy skills.

To them, Huang Xiaolong's skills had already surpassed the Master, saying he was the first alchemist in the four galaxies was no exaggeration. They were people infatuated with alchemy. For them, being able to say that Huang Xiaolong was their Senior Brother was also a great honor.

By the time this group of people made their way out from the Royal Pill House, it was a day and night later.

As they were leaving, those hundred jugs of wine were all bottomed out.

Back in Chen Ye's residence, inside the courtyard arranged for him, Huang Xiaolong took out the rank six godhead with nervous excitement.

Rank six godhead!

Like the previous rank five godhead, this rank six godhead was also from a late-First Order Highgod Realm master, but the vast energy, godforce, and God's Law contained inside this rank six godhead exceeded the previous one by far.

On the same day itself, Huang Xiaolong sat cross-legged within the Xumi Temple and began refining the rank six godhead.

Almost instantaneously, the godforce and God's Law inside the godhead were greedily devoured by the Treasure Dragon Protective Shield Art diagram inside him, becoming a part of Huang Xiaolong.

While he was refining the rank six godhead, the Buddha śarīra was continuously releasing pure Buddhism energy and blood essence into his body as well.

Chapter 691: The Terror of Azure Dragon Divine Fire

After a night of cultivation, when morning arrived, Huang Xiaolong exited the Xumi Temple with an obvious feeling that his strength had been enhanced by a large margin.

The purity level of godforce energy within a rank six godhead greatly surpassed Huang Xiaolong's expectation. However, just as he stepped out from his courtyard, he was dragged away by Shi Xiaofei to go shopping.

Powerless against Shi Xiaofei, Huang Xiaolong resigned himself to accompany her around the city. The Alchemist Grandmaster Competition had just ended and he should take the chance to relax a little.

What was the main purpose of spending the biggest portion of one's life in cultivation? Wasn't just so they could be alive and well, to live better days? Limiting oneself to nothing else but cultivation, that kind of life was too dull and uninteresting.

Being dragged around by Shi Xiaofei, they spent the entire day in the city, only returning to Chen Ye's residence at dusk.

When Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei returned, Chen Ye had already prepared a banquet, merely waiting for the two of them.

Other than Chen Ye, the association Elders were also there, as well as the Royal Pill City's super forces' Ancestors and Patriarchs. A number of first rank forces' Ancestors and Patriarchs also attended.

Huang Xiaolong was this term's Pill King, the Ascending Moon Old Man's personal disciple, and on top of this, he was also an Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elder, no wonder these Ancestors and Patriarchs needed to come over to congratulate and 'connect' with Huang Xiaolong.

As to not disrespect these Ancestor and Patriarch level characters' kindness, Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei joined the banquet.

Of course, when there was a banquet, the Ascending Moon Old Man couldn't be far away. He was sitting on the main host seat, then came Chen Ye, and the association Elders. Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei were seated close to the guests.

After some mingling and exchange of words, waves of laughter began to fill the hall as the guests enjoyed themselves. The banquet lasted well past midnight before everyone gradually bid farewell and dispersed.

Whereas Huang Xiaolong went inside the Godly Mt. Xumi, continuing to refine the rank six godhead and the Buddha śarīra.

The night passed, welcoming another bright sunny day.

Coming out from his yard, he couldn't help breathing a sigh of relief seeing that Shi Xiaofei wasn't there waiting for him. After accompanying Shi Xiaofei for the entire day yesterday, even with his stamina and strength, he couldn't help shuddering at the thought of it.

Huang Xiaolong took his time, sauntering toward the Ascending Moon Old Man's courtyard.

Despite triumphing over Xiang Mingzhi in the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition, Huang Xiaolong felt an increasing pressure from Xiang Mingzhi.

Because of the Azure Dragon Divine Fire!

He didn't know the true power of the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, but the scene where all other fires and flames weakened significantly during the alchemy competition when Xiang Mingzhi summoned his Azure Dragon Divine Fire had left a deep impression in Huang Xiaolong's mind.

Looking for the Ascending Moon Old Man today was to understand this Azure Dragon Divine Fire in detail.

"Kid, you're here. Sit." It was as if the Ascending Moon Old Man already predicted that Huang Xiaolong would come over. He was already sitting in the yard waiting for Huang Xiaolong. On the garden's stone table were two jugs of Royal Pill Wine and two wine bowls.

The day before, the Ascending Moon Old Man ushered Huang Xiaolong and the Alchemist Grandmaster Association Elders to Royal Pill House as a celebration for Huang Xiaolong winning the Pill King title. Before leaving, all of them also 'brought' a jug with them and all of it was given to the Ascending Moon Old Man. Thus, inside old man's spatial ring was a nice small stock of Royal Pill Wine.

Huang Xiaolong sat down on a stone chair.

"You want to ask about the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, right?" the Ascending Moon Old Man spoke first after Huang Xiaolong sat down.

Huang Xiaolong was dazed, then nodded his head.

The Ascending Moon Old Man said seriously, "Possessing the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, that Xiang Mingzhi kid will be your archenemy in the future, you must absolutely be careful of this Xiang Mingzhi!"

A chill streaked past Huang Xiaolong's heart.

Something that could make the Ascending Moon Old Man look this somber, the Azure Dragon Divine Fire's power was much, much stronger than Huang Xiaolong assumed.

The Ascending Moon Old Man knew the extent of Huang Xiaolong's strength and talent, yet the old man still spoke with such a heavy expression, reminding Huang Xiaolong that he must absolutely be careful against Xiang Mingzhi. It was evident that the Azure Dragon Divine Fire was not as simple as what he explained before—just a slightly stronger fire.

The Ascending Moon Old Man went on in a somber tone, "Legend has it that whoever obtains the Azure Dragon Divine Fire would be able to absorb the star force in the Azure Dragon Galaxy at all times. Using the Azure Dragon star force to temper their body and cultivate, it would increase their cultivation speed so much that no one would be able to compare with them. Moreover, after integrating with the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, all cultivation bottlenecks would be non-existent. Meaning to say, others may be stuck at peak late-Seventh Order God Realm for years and see no hope of breakthrough; ten years, even several hundred years to have a possibility of advancing to Eighth Order. But Xiang Mingzhi can directly breakthrough to the Eighth Order!"

"Directly breakthrough to Eighth Order?!" Huang Xiaolong sucked in a sharp breath of cold air. This was a little too scary. Even the current him couldn't do it.

"That's right." The Ascending Moon Old Man nodded in affirmation, "Furthermore, he can smoothly breakthrough all the way to the Highgod Realm!"

Huang Xiaolong was once again stunned. Meaning to say, Xiang Mingzhi could cultivate and breakthrough all the way to peak late-Tenth Order God Realm, entering the perfection stage, then onward to Highgod Realm?!

Others that were considered as monstrous geniuses could be stuck at peak late-Tenth Order God Realm or the perfection stage for countless years, but Xiang Mingzhi wouldn't have to experience these situations?!

The Ascending Moon Old Man continued, "There is more. After integrating with the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, the fire protects its master. Now, even a perfection stage peak late-Tenth Order God Realm master would be hard pressed to kill Xiang Mingzhi. When Xiang Mingzhi's cultivation will rise to Tenth Order God Realm, average First Order Highgod Realm masters also won't be able to kill him easily."

Huang Xiaolong's heart sank deeper.

"Still, you need not feel discouraged," the Ascending Moon Old Man's tone suddenly changed, breathing out lightly as he said, "Based on your talent and current strength, you may not be weaker than him. Not to mention that your True Dragon Physique is able to evolve continuously, therefore, even if that little brat has the Azure Dragon Divine Fire, his cultivation speed wouldn't be that much faster than yours!"

Huang Xiaolong's current cultivation speed was already faster than any average First Order Highgod Realm master's, even the Ascending Moon Old Man couldn't stop praising it. By no means was the old man touting Huang Xiaolong, he really did believe that Xiang Mingzhi's cultivation speed would not necessarily be faster than Huang Xiaolong's even with the Azure Dragon Divine Fire.

Huang Xiaolong nodded slightly, he understood most his own cultivation progress, especially after he started practicing the Treasure Dragon Protective Shield Art, his True Dragon Physique had evolved to a monstrous degree.

"Only that, in the coming Highgod Advancement Tournament, it would be difficult for you to win the first place if Xiang Mingzhi is participating." The Ascending Moon Old Man pondered solemnly, "Unless..." His words stopped.

"Unless what?" Huang Xiaolong urged.

"Unless you can obtain the Black Tortoise Divine Fire, White Tiger Divine Fire, and the Vermillion Bird Divine Fire!" The old man was convinced of his thought: "As long as you can obtain any of one of these divine fires, adding your freak of a True Dragon Physique, only then would you be able to break past Xiang Mingzhi's Azure Dragon Divine Fire!"

Huang Xiaolong smiled wryly, "Old man, it's easy for you to say, but how can it be so easy to obtain these three divine fires? Black Tortoise, White Tiger, Vermillion Bird; there is no clue at all about any of these three divine fires, how would I find them? Even if I can find them, not anyone can integrate with them, right? What if a backlash happens? I'll be so dead that even a dust-sized particle wouldn't remain of me!"

But the Ascending Moon Old Man widened his eyes in anger, fuming at Huang Xiaolong, "Even Xiang Mingzhi that kid can get the Azure Dragon Divine Fire and can integrate with it, why couldn't you? Also, since the Azure Dragon Divine Fire has appeared, I believe the Black Tortoise, White Tiger, and Vermilion Bird Divine Fires will appear as well! If you can integrate all three divine fires, forget Xiang Mingzhi, even that Qin Yi won't be able to retaliate even if you use your pinky to fight him!"

Huang Xiaolong shook his head wryly at the old man's enthusiasm. What 'integrate with all three divine fires'. Being able to locate even one and integrate with it was already considered lucky!

Chapter 692: Clues About The Black Tortoise Divine Fire's Whereabouts

Watching his disciple's lukewarm response, the Ascending Moon Old Man's annoyance rose and he widened his eyes to glare at Huang Xiaolong, "Fine, this old man is too lazy to say more." His hands reached out to grab jug of Royal Pill Wine, snapping: "Drink!"

Intoxicating wine fragrance wafted out from the jug.

The Ascending Moon Old Man said that he was too lazy to say any more, yet while the master-disciple duo drank their fill, the old man continued to nag between mouthfuls of wine, claiming that Huang Xiaolong was someone with great luck and blessings, so he must spare no effort in searching for the Black Tortoise, White Tiger, and Vermillion Bird Divine Fires.

Huang Xiaolong could only nod his head the entire time.

A few hours later, Huang Xiaolong came out from the Ascending Moon Old Man's courtyard. When he arrived at Shi Xiaofei's courtyard, he found out from one of the maids that Shi Xiaofei had gone out early morning with Chen Ye's daughter, Chen Lin.

Inwardly, Huang Xiaolong was thankful that he had gone to the Ascending Moon Old Man first, allowing him to escape a disaster.

Time seemed to fly by, in the blink of an eye half a month came and went.

Huang Xiaolong, Shi Xiaofei, and the Ascending Moon Old Man had stayed for more than half a month in the Royal Pill City, therefore Huang Xiaolong felt that it was time to return to the Black Warrior Institute.

But the Ascending Moon Old Man did not return with Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei. According to the old man, it wasn't every day that he came to the Royal Pill City and so he wished to stay a little bit longer.

Naturally, everyone knew very well the real reason why the Ascending Moon Old Man wanted to stay a bit longer in the Royal Pill City.

Huang Xiaolong had no way about it if the old man wanted to stay in the Royal Pill City. After bidding farewell, he and Shi Xiaofei departed from the Royal Pill City toward the Black Warrior Institute.

In no hurry to get back, the two of them travelled at a moderate pace, cultivating along the way. They would stop for a day or two to rest when passing by some inhabited planets.

Two months later, Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei finally arrived back at the Golden Dragon Peak.

Not long after Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei returned, Eldest Senior Apprentice-brother Liu Yun and Third Apprentice-sister Qi Wen came over to the Golden Dragon Peak to congratulate Huang Xiaolong.

During the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition, Huang Xiaolong displayed his alchemy skills, using the Pill Refining Divine Beast Diagram to produce tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets. The news had already spread throughout the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy. Both Liu Yun and Qi Wen had been stretching their necks long waiting for Huang Xiaolong to come back.

Liu Yun and Qi Wen were sincerely happy for their little Junior Apprentice-brother for winning the Pill King title in this term's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition.

Liu Yun was beaming, "When Wang Na, that old witch, found out that Junior Apprentice-brother defeated Xiang Mingzhi and won the first place in this term's alchemy competition, she was smashing cups all around. I heard she was angered to the point where she almost vomited blood!"

Qi Wen was also laughing, "That Jiang Family Patriarch destroyed his own yard after hearing the news. Worse still, he actually killed several of his guards due to anger!"

Huang Xiaolong laughed loudly, "Better still if that adulterous couple is angered to their deaths so we won't have to feel disgusted seeing them anymore!"

All three burst into laughter.

"Too bad Master is still in death seclusion. If he knew that you won the first place in the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition, he'd be extremely happy!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded in agreement.

During their talks, Huang Xiaolong inquired from Liu Yun and Qi Wen regarding the latest news in the Black Warrior Institute, especially if that old witch Wang Na took any action.

Liu Yun shook his head, "Wang Na's side did not make any suspicious movements. However, she seems to be in close contact with the demonic beast clan lately."

"Demonic beast clan!" Huang Xiaolong's eyebrow rose to his forehead.

Qi Wen clarified: "It's the demonic beast clan's Goldenbrow Beast King."

At this, Huang Xiaolong's eyes narrowed.

Years ago, not long after he was promoted to an elite disciple, he left the Black Warrior Institute for the Wintry North World. On the way, he was ambushed by the Azure Dragon Institute Grand Elder Li Qingming, and later hunted by a demonic beast clan King.

After killing Li Qingming, Huang Xiaolong managed to escape the Beast King's detection and pursue with Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's help. Later, he investigated and found out the identity of that Beast King—Goldenbrow Beast King.

Stringing this information together, it seems that when he left the Black Warrior Institute that year, it was also Wang Na that old witch who informed the Goldenbrow Beast King. It wasn't that Wang Na seemed to be in close contact with the demonic beast clan only recently, they had been in close contact a long time ago!

Recalling this, Huang Xiaolong immediately recounted what happened that year to Liu Yun and Qi Wen. Hearing this, both of them were stunned.

"If it is like this, it seems that Wang Na is plotting some insidious schemes with the demonic beast clan!" A sharp gleam flickered in Liu Yun's eyes as he said this. If this was true, they had to be even more wary of Wang Na's movements from now on.

Liu Yun and Qi Wen left after staying several hours at the Golden Dragon Peak. Before they left, Huang Xiaolong gave both of them one hundred Exalted Divinity Pellets each.

Two hundred Exalted Divinity Pellets was only a small amount from Huang Xiaolong's three thousand, his reward for winning the first place in the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition. But when Liu Yun and Qi Wen received them, they were ecstatic.

One must understand, the Exalted Divinity Pellets were ranked first amongst sacred grade divine pellets; one pellet could almost enhance their physique as if they were born again. Strength improvement was a given, but most important of all, to peak late-Tenth Order God Realm cultivators like them, it greatly increased their chances of breaking through to Highgod Realm!

Though the increment was very little, to Liu Yun and Qi Wen, these pellets were precious treasures.

After seeing them off, Huang Xiaolong returned to the Nine Halls Bagua Formation.

It wasn't because Huang Xiaolong was stingy that he gave Liu Yun and Qi Wen a hundred Exalted Divinity Pellet each. The herbs needed to refine them were too rare and difficult to find. Moreover, the current Huang Family was too weak, therefore he planned to have them consume the Exalted Divinity Pellets to increase their cultivation speed and strength.

Days went on as usual. Unknowingly, three years had passed.

In these three years, Huang Xiaolong remained on the Golden Dragon Peak, focusing solely on refining the rank six godhead and Buddha śarīra. With these two items, Huang Xiaolong's strength increased by leaps and bounds, feeling a difference on a day to day basis.

The remaining Buddhism energy inside the Buddha śarīra had completely been refined by Huang Xiaolong in these three years' time, propelling Huang Xiaolong to peak late-Seventh Order God Realm!

The peak of late-Seventh Order God Realm!

This speed made Liu Yun and Qi Wen, who would occasionally drop in to visit Huang Xiaolong, sigh in envy.

The Huang Family, Blessed Buddha Emperor Shi Fantian, Shi Xiaofei, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and the rest also improved drastically in these three years' time, fitting the idiom 'to shed one's mortal body and exchange one's bones'.

All of Huang Xiaolong's family members had entered high-level Saint realm.

Blessed Buddha Emperor, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and several others were already late-First Order God Realm, whereas Shi Xiaofei's progress was the most shocking of all with her awakened Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique. She had reached mid-Third Order God Realm.

Other than cultivation, Huang Xiaolong would go to the Black Warrior Institute's Scripture Hall to study old records related to the Black Tortoise, White Tiger, and Vermillion Bird Divine Fires.

After three years of effort, Huang Xiaolong indeed found some breadcrumb clues about the Black Tortoise Divine Fire!

After organizing the information that he had collected over these three years, Huang Xiaolong came to a conclusion: the Black Tortoise Divine Fire was fond of water, extremely cold water! Hence, the Black Tortoise Divine Fire must be in a certain cold sea!

Still, this clue was too vague and the scope of the area was too large. Talking about an extremely cold sea, in the whole Black Tortoise Galaxy there were hundreds and thousands of them. It'd be impossible to go through them one by one. Huang Xiaolong needed more information to determine a direction, at the very least.

For instance, if he could pinpoint which world surface it was or the name of the sea, then the rest would be easy!

Chapter 693: Returning to Martial Spirit World

However, determining the direction or the world surface where the Black Tortoise Divine Fire could be was easier said than done...

In the blink of an eye, another ten years went by.

After spending ten years combing through all the old records he could find, Huang Xiaolong finally narrowed the Black Tortoise Divine Fire's possible location down to nine different extreme cold seas on six different world surfaces.

One of them was Peace Emperor World!

A world surface close to the Martial Spirit World! Many years ago, the ruler of the Bedlam Lands' most powerful city, Zhao Yi, was said to come from the Peace Emperor World!

On the other hand, after continuously refining the rank six godhead, Huang Xiaolong's cultivation had reached peak late-Seventh Order God Realm, only half a step to breaking through to Eighth Order God Realm!

Originally, according to Huang Xiaolong's estimation, in order to break through to Eighth Order God Realm he'd need at least thirty years. But now, it seems like the time needed was less than that.

Following this speed, Huang Xiaolong believed that he'd definitely step into Eighth Order God Realm in five years' time.

In these ten years, the Huang Family, Shi Xiaofei, Blessed Buddha Emperor, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, Xie Puti, and the rest once again saw a huge leap in their cultivation.

His parents and both siblings had reached Tenth Order Saint realm. The strongest of them all was his nephew, Guo Xiaofan, already a late-Tenth Order Saint realm.

Blessed Buddha Emperor, Zhao Shu, and Zhang Fu were now Second Order God Realm, whereas Shi Xiaofei had reached Fourth Order God Realm.

Xie Puti, who was a peak half-step God Realm, succeeded in his breakthrough to God Realm after consuming Huang Xiaolong's Devouring Sky Starquake Divine Pellet, becoming a First Order God Realm cultivator.

During that time, the Zhuo Family's Zhuo Wenshan put forth a condition, saying that she would only agree to 'associate' with Xie Puti if he was a God Realm cultivator. Years later, Xie Puti finally succeeded.

Then again, things were no longer possible between Xie Puti and Zhuo Wenshan. So many years had passed, the two of them had not been in touch since that incident.

Six world surfaces and nine extreme cold seas were too large an area for a single person to search, but Huang Xiaolong was in no hurry to rush over in search of the Black Tortoise Divine Fire. There was still time until the Highgod Advancement Tournament, therefore he continued to pore over old records to further narrow down the search area and, ideally, pinpoint the location to a specific world surface or cold sea.

Huang Xiaolong continued to spend his days cultivating peacefully on the Golden Dragon Peak, rarely bothering himself with events happening in the outside world.

There was only one thing on his mind; the three thousand Exalted Divinity Pellets that he won from the Alchemist Grandmaster Competition were all consumed by the Huang Family, hence Huang Xiaolong was searching for herbs and elixirs in order to refine the Exalted Divinity Pellets for them.

Although the Hailstone Treasure and Xuanji Treasure had most of the required ingredients, quite a few kinds of herbs were lacking. Huang Xiaolong requested his Eldest Senior Apprentice-brother Liu Yun and Third Apprentice-sister Qi Wen to help search for them.

After finding out that Huang Xiaolong wanted to refine Exalted Divinity Pellets, both Liu Yun and Qi Wen did their best to search, inquiring in all places they could think of, and finally, helping Huang Xiaolong buy all they could.

Even so, each of these several kinds of herbs was too scarce, the amount they were able to procure wasn't much. At most, Huang Xiaolong was able to refine twenty batches.

It the end, Huang Xiaolong managed to refine more than five hundred Exalted Divinity Pellets, each of them being tribulation grade!

It was a heaven and earth difference compared to the high grade Exalted Divinity Pellets rewarded by the Alchemist Grandmaster Association. A single tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellet's efficiency was better than a hundred high grade ones.

Huang Xiaolong gave Liu Yun and Qi Wen thirty pellets each and the rest were divided between everyone on the Golden Dragon Peak.

Time continued to fly.

Another five years had gone by in the sands of time.

Huang Xiaolong sat cross-legged at the center of the Xumi Temple hall as pure Buddhism energy surged out from the Ten Buddha Formation, enveloping him in a radiant cocoon of light.

Pure godforce and God's Law flowed out from that rank six godhead hovering in front of Huang Xiaolong right into his body.

All of a sudden, the radiance enveloping Huang Xiaolong quickly expanded. It was as if countless golden rings were bursting out from his body, one after another, akin to a Buddha's halo of light. Yet, at the same time, Huang Xiaolong's body also released the aura of an Asura from Hell.

Buddha and Demon existing in the same body!

Shadows of golden Buddhas and Asuras flickered in and out of existence around Huang Xiaolong as the radiant rings grew increasingly bigger.

From afar, Huang Xiaolong's surroundings had turned into a small universe of Buddhas and Demons. Benevolent Buddhas on the left, wrathful demons on the right; engendering each others' existence, coexisting in harmony.

All of a sudden, that small universe rippled violently. Huang Xiaolong's body quivered as consecutive sounds of eruption resounded in that small universe. A long time later, the eruptions finally stopped.

The golden rings slowly disappeared, the golden Buddhas and shadows of Asuras dimmed away.

An overwhelming delight shone from Huang Xiaolong's eyes when he opened them—he finally broke through to Eighth Order God Realm!

Eighth Order God Realm, a step closer to Tenth Order God Realm!

All along, Huang Xiaolong felt that it was almost impossible to reach Tenth Order God Realm before the start of the Highgod Advancement Tournament, something that could barely be grasped in the palm of his hand. But now, he could see it being realized!

Checking the internal condition of his body, he saw that the time and space law threads in his soul sea had reached a staggering fifty thousand! Moreover, each thread was more than five hundred meters in length!

This would most likely scare a Ninth Order God Realm cultivator to his death, for even some late-Ninth Order God Realm cultivators had a lot less time and space law threads, nor were they as long.

A short while later, Huang Xiaolong suppressed the excitement in his heart, looking at the rank six godhead in front of him. After twenty years, he had absorbed almost eighty percent of godforce and God's Law contained inside. Presumably, in another two years, he would have absorbed everything completely.

Huang Xiaolong pointed a finger at the void and a suction force devoured a large amount of spiritual energy like rising tides. Under his time-space law compression, the spiritual energy was condensed into mid-saint grade spirit stones, raining down from the void.

Observing the small hill of mid-saint grade spirit stones before him, Huang Xiaolong nodded with satisfaction. At this rate, by the time he broke through to Tenth Order God Realm, he'd be able to condense divine grade spirit stones!

Divine grade ah!

At that time, his wealth would be unrivaled in the four galaxies!

With divine grade spirit stones, Huang Xiaolong could recruit large numbers of Tenth Order God Realm cultivators, developing a great super force in a few short years!

A super force that would surpass the Jiang, Zhu and other super forces, even surpassing the Azure Dragon Institute!

Exiting the Xumi Temple, Huang Xiaolong's feet brought him to the main hall, where all his family members were present.

"What are you all talking about? So lively." Huang Xiaolong asked playfully.

"Xiaolong, I was discussing with your Father. We've left the Martial Spirit World for so long, we were just thinking of going back to have a look. What do you think?" His mother Su Yan asked.

"Go back to Martial Spirit World?" This request really surprised Huang Xiaolong. He had never thought of this, but thinking deeper, it had been close to seventy years since his parents left the Martial Spirit World, wanting to visit their native land was understandable.

Huang Xiaolong made a swift decision, nodding with a smile, "It's a good idea. Everyone, make the necessary preparations, we'll return together!" Mentioning Martial Spirit World, Huang Xiaolong suddenly felt that he'd like to go back and have a look as well.

No doubt, Huang Xiaolong biggest motivation in returning to the Martial Spirit World was the Black Tortoise Divine Fire!

After so many years of combing through old records, Huang Xiaolong was convinced that the Black Tortoise Divine Fire was in the Peace Emperor World!

Chapter 694: Changes In The Martial Spirit World

Everyone burst into joyous laughter when they heard Huang Xiaolong say that they were all going together to Martial Spirit World, especially the two younger ones. Guo Xiaofan and Heaven Devouring Beast Lil' Tian whooped in delight.

Though the Black Warrior Institute was a hundred, even a thousand times better than Martial Spirit World, to these people, the Martial Spirit World was their root, the home and native land in their hearts.

Watching Guo Xiaofan and Lil' Tian cheering, as well as the happy faces around him, a smile spread over Huang Xiaolong's face.

Everyone got busy preparing. In fact, there wasn't much to prepare.

Inside Huang Xiaolong's spatial ring were numerous spirit pellets and spirit stones from saint and divine to sacred grade. Everything anyone could need or want was there, even divine armors, alchemy ingredients, and forging materials were piled mountain high.

Xuanwu coins were the least of their worries as the supply stretched like a vast sea.

Even Huang Peng, Su Yan, Shi Xiaofei, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and several others' spatial rings contained a great wealth of spirit pellets, spirit stones, and herb elixirs.

Their group did not include everyone on the Golden Dragon Peak; for this trip back to Martial Spirit World, Huang Xiaolong decided to bring no more than thirty people—his immediate Huang Family, adding Shi Xiaofei, Blessed Buddha Emperor and his Empress, Xie Puti, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, Lil' Tian, Violet Spirit Devour Monkey Huang Xiaoyong, and a few more people.

In the last five years, Huang Peng, Su Yan, and those at Tenth Order Saint realm had all broken through to God Realm, becoming First Order God Realm masters. Shi Xiaofei, on the other hand, was a mid-Fourth Order God Realm.

The Blessed Buddha Emperor, Xie Puti, Zhao Shu, and Zhang Fu's strength also greatly improved.

Just like the last time Huang Xiaolong returned to Martial Spirit World, their group used the Cloudsea Mainland transmission array to reach the Cosmos World surface, and from there they transferred to the Guoer World. After transferring more than a dozen times, they reached the Iron Radix World surface, the closest to Martial Spirit World that had a transmission array.

In his previous journey, Huang Xiaolong was rushing back to Martial Spirit World with his Eldest Senior Apprentice-brother Liu Yun and Third Apprentice-sister Qi Wen. At that time, from the mouth of Sin City Castellan's son, Zhao Chen, Huang Xiaolong found out that his family, who was still in the Martial Spirit World, was in danger.

However, this time, the trip proceeded at a leisurely pace. Along the way, they would stop for a few days to rest, play and shop on the world surface they were passing through.

Hence, by the time Huang Xiaolong's group reached the Iron Radix World, more than one and a half months had passed since they departed from the Black Warrior Institute.

Once the group reached the Iron Radix World, they only had a short distance left to travel, taking less than a day's time to reach Martial Spirit World. Their flying speed increased while riding on the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger and other beast mounts that Huang Xiaolong captured from the Great Wasteland.

"We're finally back in the Martial Spirit World!" After more than a month, everyone stood in the vast space, looking at the Martial Spirit World 'hanging in space' before them, joy spread over their faces.

Guo Xiaofan and Lil' Tian were jumping with excitement, they were the first ones to dive in, breaking past Martial Spirit World's natural outer barrier.

Shi Xiaofei laughed happily watching these two.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, laughing, 'These little ones...'

"Father, Mother, let us go too." Huang Xiaolong said to Huang Peng and Su Yan.

Huang Peng and Su Yan both nodded with a smile, "Yes."

With that said, the remaining people also dove into the chaotic layer on the outermost part of Martial Spirit World's natural barrier.

Both Huang Peng and Su Yan sighed inwardly. When they left Martial Spirit World years ago, neither of them was a Xiantian realm expert, but now, they were already God Realm masters!

This was something they dared not even dream about.

God Realm!

Even those monstrous geniuses of super forces backed by enormous wealth and resources couldn't compare with Huang Peng and Su Yan's group in terms of cultivation speed. Advancing from a Houtian warrior to God Realm master in less than a hundred years, this was something that had never been heard of before!

However, Huang Peng, Su Yan, and those who followed Huang Xiaolong from Martial Spirit World cultivated by consuming large amounts of sacred grade divine pellets. On top of that, they were supported by the overflowing rich spiritual energy on the Golden Dragon Peak that was restructured by Ascending Moon Old Man, Black Warrior Institute Principal Feng Yang, and Huang Xiaolong himself. Last but not least, they even had the tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets refined by Huang Xiaolong.

Therefore, it would hard for these people's cultivation speed not to be shocking.

No matter how these galaxies' super forces nurtured their geniuses, they couldn't and wouldn't provide a nearly endless supply of Exalted Divinity Pellets for their cultivation. It was even more impossible to get their hands on tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets!

Because, in the four galaxies, only Huang Xiaolong alone was capable of refining tribulation grade Exalted Divinity Pellets!

Not to mention, Exalted Divinity Pellets were something that even Highgod Realm masters coveted. Even if a family possessed them, they wouldn't distribute them to the younger generation.

While Huang Peng and the others were feeling nostalgic about their transformations in recent years, the surrounding scenery changed as they came out from the chaotic barrier, appearing in high air.

"Martial Spirit World, I, Guo Xiaofan, have returned~~~!" Guo Xiaofan's loud shout reverberated in the air, the shockwave pushing away the nearby white clouds.

Huang Peng, Su Yan, and everyone else smiled watching Guo Xiaofan's antics.

Huang Xiaolong, however, frowned the moment he entered the Martial Spirit World. Although the Huang Family members did not sense anything odd in particular, Huang Xiaolong keenly noticed obvious differences in the environment compared to the last time he was here.

Right now, he clearly felt that Martial Spirit World's spiritual energy flow had become chaotic. A piercing light flickered in Huang Xiaolong eyes.

"Xiaolong, is something the matter?" Shi Xiaofei asked. Standing beside Huang Xiaolong, she immediately felt the sharp aura from Huang Xiaolong's body for a brief moment.

Not wanting to alarm anyone, Huang Xiaolong shook his head: "Nothing."

Hearing Huang Xiaolong's answer, Shi Xiaofei tactfully refrained from asking further questions but reached out to hold Huang Xiaolong's hand. At this point, she too had felt the changes in the Martial Spirit World's environment.

Huang Peng and the rest remained in the dark, laughing cheerfully as they flew in the direction of Snow Wind Continent.

One hour later, the group spotted land—the Snow Wind Continent.

But when Huang Peng and everyone else reached the edge of the Duanren Empire's territory, all they saw was a stark and devastated landscape. The land itself was emitting an aura of despair. This sight made everyone frown deeply.

"What happened?! I remember this location to be Emerald Jade Mountain, why has it turned into this?" Huang Xiaohai exclaimed in disbelief.

Emerald Jade Mountain was a scenic spot in Duanren Empire famous for its captivating scenery, lush age-old ancient trees, and herbs that grew aplenty. A paradise for small animals and beasts alike. But what were they looking at now?!

Lifeless, barren land! Herbs? There wasn't even a single weed in sight.

The small villages that used to be around the Emerald Jade Mountain were abandoned, not a single shadow could be seen, it was more like a piece of dead land.

Huang Xiaolong's face turned grim, speaking to everyone: "Let's head to Duanren Imperial City!" He shot forward, and others quickly followed behind him.

By this point, even the Huang Family members could see that something was wrong with Martial Spirit World. The cheerful atmosphere earlier was buried under worry, no one was in the mood to talk and joke anymore.

When the Duanren Emperor left with Huang Xiaolong, he passed the throne to his son. Duan Wuhen would not allow anyone to exploit the Emerald Jade Mountain to this degree.

Then, could something have happened to Duan Wuhen and the Duanren Empire?

Chapter 695: Fussing Over A Trivial Matter

While Huang Xiaolong's group rushed over, the Imperial City was a hive of activity. Inside the walls of Duanren Imperial City, there were more than a thousand gigantic furnaces burning with intense heat!

Countless people garbed in dirty convict clothes, from brawny middle-aged men to elderly and young men, were shuffling forward in an orderly line while carrying huge pieces of ore, throwing them into the giant furnaces.

These men in convict clothes were actually all Xiantian realm experts!

In the four corners of the giant furnaces sat four middle-aged men clad in purple robes with a '赢' character sewn on their chests. An emblem of the Ying Family.

These four middle-aged men were all Saint realm experts!

As the lines of convicts threw the ores in their hands into the giant furnaces, these four Saint realm masters continued to use their internal flame to melt these ores into metallic liquid.

That liquid flowed out from an outlet and was collected by purple-robed soldiers, being poured into several prepared weapon moulds.

Some convicts that moved a little too slow for these purple-robed soldiers' liking were severely whipped. Blood flowed out from the ghastly marks on these convicts' bodies, yet they could only swallow their anger, not daring to issue a sound of complaint.

One of the convicts could not restrain his anger and turned over to glare at the several soldiers.

"Yo, you punk dared to glare at me?" One of the soldiers laughed obnoxiously, "Brothers, let's make this punk really comfortable!"

In less than a breath's time, all the nearby soldiers gathered up, fists and palms rained down on that convict without mercy.

If the Huang Family was present here, all of them would be shocked, for this convict was none other than Duan Wuhen!

Originally someone who was supposed to take over the Duanren Empire's throne as the new ruling Emperor, Duan Wuhen actually turned into a convict instead!

One could only wonder what materials that whip was made of, every lash from it sent a bone-deep pain that paralyzed the victim's body, akin to bites from ten thousand venomous snakes.

Even Duan Wuhen, who had broken through to high-level Xiantian realm, was powerless against the nefarious effects that it brought.

Convicts in his surroundings watched Duan Wuhen suffer the whip lashes, groaning in painful agony. Some were gloating, some turned away, unable to watch. There were also expressions of pity as well as indifference.

The majority of these convicts were all Xiantian realm experts of prominent families in the Duanren Empire who were captured to slave in hard labor every day. Despite the short years in which Duan Wuhen sat on the throne, many of these convicts recognized him.

Standing in a high place within the Duanren Imperial Palace while watching the beatings taking place on the ground below, Ying Changtian said to a Ying Family guard behind him, "Go down and tell them, take care as not to kill Duan Wuhen. He still has some use alive."

After all, Duan Wuhen was still the legitimate 'Emperor' of Duanren Empire.

"Yes, Grand Elder!" That Ying Family's guard respectfully complied and retreated to his task.

"Grand Elder, it's really unexpected that an insignificant Martial Spirit World would be so rich in ore mines. At this rate, we'll be able to complete the task given by the Li Family very soon with no problem." Another Ying Family guard spoke with a respectful tone, but also flattering at the same time.

A smile spread over Ying Changtian's face at these words, "Even I didn't expect that this Martial Spirit World would be so rich in ore mines. Not only the mines, even herbs are in abundance, the Fire Yang White Spiritual Divine Pellet that I wanted to refine lacks a few herbs, but I surprisingly found them here."

"But, Grand Elder, if we continue to harvest everything at this rate, in no more than a hundred years, this Martial Spirit World will be a dead star, destroyed at the roots!" That Ying Family guard hesitated before saying.

When a world surface's spiritual energy was depleted to a certain degree, the humans living on that world surface would no longer be able to absorb any spiritual energy to cultivate, for there was no more spiritual energy that they could absorb.

At that point, just continuing to live would be arduous for humans on that world surface. No ores, no medicinal herbs, no spiritual beasts, nothing left of the things needed.

The galaxy called this kind of world surface a 'dead world'.

Ying Changtian was indifferent, "If it turns into a dead world, then so be it. Whether the people on this world surface live or die has nothing to do with us. It's fine as long as we complete our task. A hundred years later, after we finish mining everything and harvest all the herbs from this place, we will leave. Let these convict slaves perish with time."

"What's really upsetting is that the Zhao Family actually used this to draw a connection with one of the Li Family's main lineage descendants, allowing them to occupy the Bedlam Lands and Ten Directions Continent. These two places' natural resources exceed the Snow Wind and Starcloud Continents." That Ying Family guard fumed.

This time, both the Zhao and Ying Families were working together to control the entire Martial Spirit World, splitting the Martial Spirit World's resources between the two families. But, the Zhao Family's share was bigger than their Ying Family's.

This upset many Ying Family members.

Ying Changtian brushed the guard off with a wave of his hand, "Our Ying Family and the Zhao Family are allies servicing the Li Family, neither one is more important than the other. It's irrelevant whether the Zhao Family receives a slightly bigger share or not."

That guard swiftly agreed.

"However, it has been so many years, but that Huang Xiaolong still hasn't come back to Martial Spirit World?" Then, the Ying Family guard added, "Grand Elder, should we send people to search for Huang Xiaolong's whereabouts?"

Ying Changtian shook his head, "The galaxy is too vast, where should they search? Don't worry, I have a feeling that Huang Xiaolong will come back sooner or later."

Coming to Martial Spirit World, Ying Changtian had another mission—capture Huang Xiaolong!

This was the order that their Ying Family Patriarch and Ancestor gave. They wanted Huang Xiaolong captured alive or to see his corpse if he was dead!

Last time, two of their Ying Family Elders received orders to capture Huang Xiaolong in the Martial Spirit World, but who knew they'd be killed instead! According to their investigation, their two Elders were killed by Huang Xiaolong's two friends!

This had finally enraged the Ying Family.

But Huang Xiaolong and his family had already left Martial Spirit World when Ying Changtian was sent there, with no clues to their whereabouts.

Ying Changtian could only lie in wait in the Martial Spirit World, waiting for Huang Xiaolong to appear!

"Grand Elder, this subordinate feels that Patriarch and Ancestor sending Grand Edler here just to capture Huang Xiaolong is fussing over a trivial matter." That Ying Family guard continued cautiously, "The Zhao Family also sent their Grand Elder here!"

Ying Changtian nodded, he too felt both their Ying and Zhao Families were exaggerating the matter.

Someone that came out from this small Martial Spirit World was not worth the effort they were expending. Quite some days had passed since he arrived in the Martial Spirit World. Here, even high-level Saint realm experts were pitifully scarce, and he hadn't seen even one peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm. That Huang Xiaolong was also a native of this world, how strong could he be?

Despite their Ying Family's Twin Hero Elders being killed by Huang Xiaolong's friends, the Twin Hero Elders were merely Fifth Order God Realm. In his estimation, Huang Xiaolong's two friends were most likely Seventh Order God Realm.

But each of the Ying Family's Grand Elders was an Eighth Order God Realm! And he was even a mid-Eighth Order God Realm!

All of a sudden, a loud boom came from outside. At the same instant, the great land quaked.

Ying Changtian's face tightened, barking: "What is going on?!"

Chapter 696: Definitely Capture Them Alive!

A Ying Family guard suddenly ran in, all flustered, until he was in front of Ying Changtian. His tone was respectful but tense, "Reporting to Grand Elder, the south side of the Imperial City is under enemy attack !"

Several guards standing behind Ying Changtian exchanged looks among each other. Wasn't the entire Martial Spirit World under their Ying and Zhao Families' control? How could there be any enemies that dared to attack?

Could it be some Martial Spirit World natives that didn't know death and fantasized about resisting them?

Faint creases appeared between Ying Chang tian's brows, "How many people does the other side have?"

"Around twenty plus people." That Ying Family guard honestly reported.

Twenty plus...? Ying Changtian was dazed for a second.

"Grand Elder, they are most likely some Martial Spirit World's trifling small families trying to rebel. These ants seem tired of living, the few of us will go and handle them, there's no need to bother Grand Elder with something this insignificant." One of the guards were fawning over Ying Changtian and trying to score some merit.

Thinking the matter over slightly, Ying Changtian nodded, "Good enough, the few of you go over and handle them, but don't kill them yet. Just capture them! Later, I want to execute them right in front of Duan Wuhen and those convict slaves, let them realize what ending those who dare to rebel get! Let them know that, in our eyes, they're nothing but ants!"

"An ant should know to live like one!"

"Yes, Grand Elder!"

"Please rest assured, Grand Elder, we'll definitely capture them alive!"

The several Ying Family guards solemnly stated.

Ying Changtian nodded with satisfaction, waving his hand, "Go then."

All six guards acknowledged and saluted before turning toward the southern city gates, flying at high speed.

In the air, high above Duanren Imperial City's southern gates, Shi Xiaofei, Blessed Buddha Emperor, and the Huang Family members were all angered seeing the situation inside the city. Especially Xie Puti, his killing intent almost solidified the air around him.

Down in the Imperial City below, many of the Xie Family's core Xiantian disciples and Elders were garbed in convict clothes, their hands and feet bound by heavy shackles as they carried large pieces of ores, forced to do hard labor like slaves!

Their convict clothes were stained with dried and fresh bloodstains, proof that they were subjected to frequent whipping and torture!

Guo Tai too was filled with whelming killing intent, for he saw amongst these convicts a large number of Guo Family's core disciples and Elders. One of them was his Eldest Uncle, Guo Shiwen! Their Guo Family's Patriarch!

That year, only their Guo Family Ancestor, him, and his parents followed Huang Xiaolong to the Cloudsea Mainland, whereas his Eldest Uncle and family remained behind in the Martial Spirit World.

His Eldest Uncle's current appearance was dirty, with disheveled hair, littered with mineral dust and soil, face lined with wrinkles, his back hunched. It was vastly different to how his Eldest Uncle used to be. If it weren't because he was familiar with his Eldest Uncle, Guo Tai truly wouldn't have been able to recognize this person as Guo Shiwen!

A fierce light flickered in Guo Tai's eyes.

When he left with Huang Xiaolong, his Eldest Uncle was a peak late-Tenth Order Xiantian realm expert, close to reaching half-step Saint realm. How much torture had he endured to be reduced to this state?!

That loud boom earlier came from Guo Tai shattering one of the giant furnaces to pieces with an enraged punch!

By this point, the Ying Family's soldiers tightly encircled Huang Xiaolong's group.

"Punk, which slaves' family are you from? Such a big courage! Actually dared to attack Duanren Imperial City's crucial location!" One of the Ying Family guards hollered as he glared at Huang Xiaolong's group. "Obediently surrender now, and we...!"

Before that guard could finish his sentence, the sharp energy from a finger pierced through the Ying Family guard between his brows in an instant. That guard's actions froze, and in the next second, his body plummeted from above the city walls, crashing into the ground with a loud thud.

All the Ying Family guards around them were stunned. The one guard who was killed just now was their captain, a Third Order Saint realm expert!

But he was killed in an instant!

Their fearful gazes fell on Guo Tai. Was this person a mid-level Saint realm expert, or high-level Saint realm expert?!

"It's Lord Beast God!" An abrupt voice rang from the ground below. A family Elder in convict clothes exclaimed in a shrill voice, mad joy spreading over his face, "It really is Lord Beast God! Lord Beast God has returned! Lord Beast God has returned to save us!"

The family Elder's shrill shout instantly raised a sea of exclamation as all other families' disciples and Elders finally recognized Huang Xiaolong.

Those tortured convicts, living their days worse than stray dogs finally had a glimmer of hope in their eyes, excitement spread over their faces. Some even knelt toward Huang Xiaolong with tears flowing down their faces.

To them, Lord Beast God was their last hope!

All these years, if not for holding on to this one slim hope, they would have collapsed, given up on living, becoming part of the earth.

When the Ying Family guards heard that the enemy was the very person their Ying Family wanted to capture, Lord Beast God Huang Xiaolong, all of them were shocked.

"Huang Xiaolong?!" Even the guard who requested to deal with the attackers was shocked. Watching Huang Xiaolong's group from afar, their footsteps faltered to a stop.

"You quickly go and bring Grand Elder over, say that Huang Xiaolong has appeared!" One of the guards ordered the guard beside him.

"Yes!"

However, just as that Ying Family guard was about to turn back to inform Grand Elder Ying Changtian, he suddenly noticed that his whole body was fixed in the air, unable to move an inch!

Fear filled him. He was a First Order God Realm master, he naturally understood that this was someone using time and space law to lock the space around his body.

The other five guards were also in the same situation.

Huang Xiaolong extended a palm, and with a slight suction force, all six people were brought to his front before falling heavily to the ground. All six Ying Family guards looked extremely miserable.

Those Martial Spirit World people who had placed their last hope on Huang Xiaolong cheered loudly in joy watching him easily capture those six Ying Family guards.

They knew very well that these six guards were close to Grand Elder Ying Changtian, and also the God Realm masters sent by the Ying Family this time. Hearsay, each of these guards was stronger than the past Deities Templar Preceptor Ying Tian.

The six Ying Family guards that fell miserably to the ground were greatly angered hearing the cheers coming from the Martial Spirit World's convicts!

Those weak and insignificant ants in their eyes, worse than dogs, actually dared to laugh at them!

One of them stood up, pointed at the cheering Martial Spirit World people and roared at them: "Damn you bunch of dog-slaves! All of you deserve to die, kill them for me!"

But, just as the words left his mouth, he was slammed to the ground by Huang Xiaolong's palm, turning into meat paste, absolutely dead!

Huang Xiaolong's expression was becoming colder by the second, it seems like these Ying Family people still did not understand the situation in front of them!

The surrounding Ying Family soldiers were about to act upon hearing that higher rank guard's order, preparing to kill these Martial Spirit World disciples and Elders, but they halted their movements when they heard a thunderous boom. That Ying Family guard that had just given them an order was slammed into meat paste!

All of the soldiers became ashen, no one dared to move even a pinky!

Chapter 697: Big Trouble

The other five Ying Family guards also got to their feet with furious faces, but when they saw the flattened meat paste sticking to the ground inches from their feet, their bodies stiffened, they were too frightened to move...

There is no one unafraid of death, except for fools and idiots.

Then again, fools and idiots were never short in supply.

One amongst the five Ying Family guards soon recovered from his shock and pointed a finger at Huang Xiaolong, reprimanding him in a lofty tone, "Huang Xiaolong, do you know the consequences of your action?! You will only make them suffer worse before dying! I'm not afraid to tell you, this time our Ying Family sent sixteen Grand Elders here, you won't be able to escape!"

"If you want to live, obediently follow us to see our Grand Elder Ying Changtian. Kneel and kowtow, admitting your sins in front of Grand Elder Ying Changtian, surrender yourself to our Ying Family!"

Hearing the nonsense coming out from this guard's mouth, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and the rest of Huang Xiaolong's group couldn't help laughing. The loudest of all were Guo Xiaofan and Lil' Tian.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head lamenting, why was this Ying Family guard so slow in realizing the situation?

This time, however, he was too lazy to bother with this guard. He lightly tapped the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger beneath him.

In response, the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger lifted its front paw and slammed down, causing the ground to violently quake. On the ground, there was a new giant tiger paw-shaped pit.

The second Ying Family guard ended up just like the one before him, slammed into the ground. But, instead of a flat meat paste, the second guard was a pile of mess, one couldn't even differentiate his head or feet.

The four remaining Ying Family guards' faces turned bloodless by now. Worse still, the surrounding Ying Family soldiers nearly pissed themselves.

Watching this scene, the Martial Spirit World's former family disciples and elders, now turned convicts, cheered even louder.

"These Ying Family soldiers and disciples, leave none alive." Huang Xiaolong said looking over his shoulder to the group behind him. His voice was filled with cold indifference, as if he was talking about a trivial matter.

Toward these Ying Family disciples and soldiers, Huang Xiaolong had not the slightest bit of mercy to spare.

The Ying Family had gone far past his bottom-line.

When he was rushing here earlier, all the villages and towns he passed by were deserted. Every place he saw exuded an aura of death and thick resentment filled the air. It was obvious that this Ying Family slaughtered numerous commoners, including women and children, all killed!

Unless so, the death aura and resentment he had felt along the way wouldn't be so whelming.

"Yes, Sovereign!" Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu respectfully acknowledged Huang Xiaolong's command.

So many years had passed, but both men had maintained their salutation toward Huang Xiaolong as the Sovereign of Asura's Gate, and Huang Xiaolong did not feel the need for them to change anything.

After acknowledging Huang Xiaolong's command, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu flew to the ground, carrying out their task. One hand extended in the direction of the four remaining Ying Family guards. In an instant, a golden palm imprint shadowed the sky.

With their Second Order God Realm strength, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu were more than enough to care of four First Order God Realm Ying Family guards.

The battle skill that both of them were using was called Golden Flame Palm.

This Golden Flame Palm was the ancient Golden Flame Sect's heritage battle skill that the Ascending Moon Old Man obtained later on and passed to Huang Xiaolong. After Huang Xiaolong tried out the battle skill, he felt that it suited Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu, thus he taught it to them.

The four Ying Family guards were petrified as they watched the enormous golden palm casting out the sky above them, those guards' faces went deathly pale. Fear and fury could be seen in their eyes, but just as they barely mustered up the will to fight, Guo Xiaofan's voice rang loud: "These four are mine!"

Guo Xiaofan struck out, not holding back. A meteor of fist images whistled through the air, competing with Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's attack to exterminate the four Ying Family guards.

But, there was someone else that moved faster than the three of them.

Heaven Devouring Beast Lil' Tian opened his mouth wide and desperately inhaled. The Ying Family guards were screaming like pigs as the powerful suction force pulled the four of them toward Lil' Tian, swallowed down in one go into his stomach. The four Ying Family guards became Lil' Tian's food.

Lil' Tian's cultivation talent was extremely terrifying, even Shi Xiaofei with her Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique awakened was barely able to keep ahead. Lil' Tian was already a peak late-Third Order God Realm.

Seeing that Lil' Tian joined in, Violet Spirit Devourer Monkey Huang Xiaoyong also couldn't stay still any longer.

He opened his mouth and let out an earth-shattering roar. The roar turned into a soundwave hurricane that lashed destruction all around. Every Ying Family soldier in its path was grinded into blooming rain of red. They were ground into a hundred pieces before they could even issue a scream.

Huang Xiaoyong's cultivation progress was comparable to Lil' Tian's, he too had already reached peak late-Third Order God Realm.

With Guo Xiaofan, Lil' Tian, and Huang Xiaoyong jumping into the fray, Blessed Buddha Emperor, Xie Puti, and the others also made their move, including Huang Xiaohai, Huang Min. Even Huang Peng and Su Yan did not hold back as they made swift kills of Ying Family soldiers trying to flee.

However, with more than a dozen God Realm masters rounding them up, would these Ying Family soldiers have any chance of escaping?

In ten breaths' time, probably less, the several tens of thousands of Ying Family soldiers stationed by the southern city gates were all slaughtered.

Everything happened so fast that the Martial Spirit World's people were flabbergasted when they saw all the dead Ying Family soldiers. Even the weakest of these Ying Family soldiers was half-step Saint realm.

A half-step Saint realm expert was a crucial pillar for the Martial Spirit World's prominent families.

At this point, Guo Shiwen wandered out from the group of convicts to Guo Tai and Guo Xiaofan's side, his tears wouldn't stop as he pleaded, "Guo Tai, Xiaofan, you're finally back, our Guo Family is no more! You must avenge our all our dead family disciples, they killed Guo Zhi and Guo Fei!"

Both Guo Tai and Guo Xiaofan's expression tightened.

Huang Xiaolong was dazed for a moment at the last sentence. The two brothers, Guo Zhi and Guo Fei, he still remembered them, they were Guo Shiwen's two sons. When Huang Xiaolong was in the Duanren Institute, he had some conflict with these two. Huang Xiaolong did not expect them to be dead.

A cold gleam flickered in Huang Xiaolong's eyes. Spreading out his divine sense, he covered the entire Duanren Imperial City.

"One mid-Eighth Order God Realm, one late-Sixth Order God Realm, three Fourth Order God Realms, eight Third Order God Realms." Huang Xiaolong immediately located every Ying Family's God Realm master present inside the city.

Analyzing this information, Huang Xiaolong guessed that the mid-Eighth Order God Realm was the Ying Family's Grand Elder Ying Changtian that the guard mentioned earlier. No wonder these several guards were so arrogant, their backing was a mid-Eighth Order God Realm master.

Though the other fifteen Ying Family Grand Elders were not in the city, Huang Xiaolong deduced that they were probably Eighth Order God Realms as well.

This Ying Family really placed a lot of importance on him, willing to send sixteen Eighth Order God Realm Grand Elders here just to capture him.

Huang Xiaolong had Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and the Huang Family stay behind to deal with the aftermath. Lil' Tian and Huang Xiaoyong were tasked with killing the eight Third Order God Realm masters.

Whereas Huang Xiaolong himself, riding on the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger, flew in the direction of that Ying Family Grand Elder, Ying Changtian.

Standing on top of the northside city walls, Ying Changtian was frowning. There was a strong feeling of unease in his heart.

"Grand Elder, there's big trouble at the southern city gates!" A Ying Family guard ran up to Ying Changtian in panic, the words blurted out of his mouth before he even saluted.

Big trouble! Ying Changtian's heart sank.

Chapter 698: Senior, Do You Know of The Li Family?

South city gates?!

Ying Changtian snapped at the guard in a strained voice, "Speak, what has happened?!

That Ying Family guard quickly answered, "The Captain and the rest were all killed! All soldier units stationed in the south were obliterated! It is said that the attacker is none other than the person we want to capture, Martial Spirit World's Lord Beast God, Huang Xiaolong!"

"Huang Xiaolong?!" Ying Changtian was happy instead of being alarmed, breaking out in a hearty laughter. "I have waited here for so many years, this Huang Xiaolong has finally appeared! I can finally return to report the good news to Patriarch!"

All these years Ying Changtian was in Martial Spirit World, their Ying Family Patriarch had been breathing down his neck because of Huang Xiaolong's matter. He had no way if Huang Xiaolong didn't appear ah, thus he could only lie in wait.

Now that Huang Xiaolong had finally appeared, Ying Changtian could, at last, unload the heavy burden off his shoulders.

Firm decisiveness shone in his eyes. This time, he absolutely wouldn't let Huang Xiaolong escape, otherwise, it would be a nightmare if he wanted to capture Huang Xiaolong in the vast galaxy.

"Is that so?" Just as Ying Changtian boasted that he'd be able to return and report the good news to their Patriarch, a cold voice floated to his ears.

Ying Changtian jerked his head up. A black-haired young man riding on a white tiger flying over from afar entered his sight, their speed neither fast nor slow. Ying Changtian's eyes narrowed to two thin slits—Huang Xiaolong!

Although Ying Changtian had never seen Huang Xiaolong in person before this, he had seen a portrait of him. But most of his attention wasn't on Huang Xiaolong, but the white tiger beast mount under him.

"Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger!" Ying Changtian was stunned. The Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger was an ancient fierce beast that was difficult to tame, how did Huang Xiaolong do it? On top of that, Ying Changtian could tell that this Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger was a late-Fifth Order God Realm!

A late-Fifth Order God Realm Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger could rival a Sixth Order God Realm human cultivator!

In the few seconds these thoughts flashed past Ying Changtian's mind, Huang Xiaolong who was riding on the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger was already in front of Ying Changtian. The surrounding Ying Family guards were swift to encircle Huang Xiaolong in the middle, each of them entered attack postures of one facing a formidable enemy, alert and prepared to attack at any moment.

Watching this, Ying Changtian waved his hand brusquely in dissatisfaction, "All of you retreat for me, do I need you all to protect me?"

If it was a late-Seventh Order God Realm Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger, it'd be slightly troublesome for Ying Changtian, but a late-Fifth Order God Realm was negligible. Merely using one hand, no, just a finger was sufficient to kill the beast.

From the beginning until the end, Ying Changtian did not give Huang Xiaolong more than a quick glance.

As far as he knew, up until now, Huang Xiaolong merely cultivated for little over a hundred years' time. Not even a hundred and ten years. How strong could a punk that had cultivated for less than a hundred and ten years be?

The surrounding Ying Family guards respectfully complied and retreated some distance away.

Huang Xiaolong sneered inwardly looking at Ying Changtian standing across with his hands clasped behind him. There was obvious disdain on his face, not putting Huang Xiaolong in his eyes. It seems like the Ying Family had yet to realize his true identity.

Then again, it was understandable. Even if the Ying Family knew that the Pill King of this term's Alchemist Grandmaster Competition was called Huang Xiaolong, they weren't likely to connect the Pill King Huang Xiaolong to Martial Spirit World's Lord Beast God Huang Xiaolong.

Of course, if the Ying Family knew this beforehand, they wouldn't dare to destroy Martial Spirit World in this manner, killing countless of its innocent, and moreover, issuing an order to capture him.

"Huang Xiaolong, looks like you do have some skills." Ying Changtian began to drivel in a condescending manner, "Being able to tame a late-Fifth Order God Realm Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger is commendable, but do you think you're my opponent just because you have this tiger with you?" Pausing here, Ying Changtian dramatically shook his head in ridicule, "Truthfully, you really shouldn't have returned. This time, you absolutely won't be able to run away!"

Huang Xiaolong watched on with indifference, he had never thought of running away.

Watching Huang Xiaolong's indifferent attitude, Ying Changtian raised an eyebrow in doubt. "Forget it, I will show you what a real master is!" Finished saying this, Ying Changtian fully released his mid-Eighth Order God Realm pressure.

Almost at the same instant, every single person within the walls of the Duanren Imperial City clearly felt as if there was a great mountain pressing down on them from above.

Right at the same instant, Huang Xiaolong moved.

Ying Changtian merely saw a shadow flicker instead of capturing the movement with his eyes, thus when Huang Xiaolong appeared right in front of him, Ying Changtian failed to react. He never expected Huang Xiaolong to take the initiative to attack. More than that, Huang Xiaolong was too fast.

The moment Huang Xiaolong closed the distance between them, his right fist struck out, plain and simple, without employing any battle skills, right where Ying Changtian's heart was.

A violent quiver took over Ying Changtian's body, and in the next breath, a muffled sound of explosion came from where his heart was. Then, his whole person shot backward like a dead shrimp.

Ying Changtian crashed into the Duanren Imperial City's granite walls, sliding through the shattered rubble, falling to the ground below. The earth shook, raising a curtain of sand and dust.

All around, the Ying Family guards were shocked senseless looking at Ying Changtian at the bottom of the city walls, lying motionless inside a deep pit.

Below the city gates was a crowd of dumbfounded Ying Family soldiers.

Was this the very same supreme and invincible Grand Elder Ying Changtian?

In the far distance, some of the Martial Spirit World's people also witnessed what happened a moment ago, yet they stared at the scene in front of them in disbelief.

Huang Xiaolong didn't spare any attention to the surrounding Ying Family guards and soldiers. Taking one step forward, he directly arrived above Ying Changtian.

"You all should never have come to Martial Spirit World." Huang Xiaolong's piercing gaze looked at Ying Changtian below.

Since you've come, there's no need to go back!

Not one of you can ever go back!

The killing intent in Huang Xiaolong's eyes rose.

Intense coughing sounded from the pit as Ying Changtian spat dirty soil out from his mouth. As he struggled with much difficulty to climb out from the deep pit, there was a look of fear in his eyes, mixed with denial and disbelief, looking at Huang Xiaolong. Ying Changtian stammered, "You... are really Huang Xiaolong?!"

A part of him strongly refused to believe that a person who merely cultivated for little more than a hundred years could be this strong!

The probability of a super force's master using an illusion art to disguise as Huang Xiaolong occurred to Ying Changtian.

This Huang Xiaolong was a fake!

Huang Xiaolong was taken aback by the question, then he snorted coldly, "What do you think?"

Ying Changtian was anxious to explain, "Senior, dare I ask what benefits Huang Xiaolong gave you to act against our Ying Family? Whatever benefits Huang Xiaolong offered Senior, our Ying Family is willing to double it!"

Ying Changtian wholly believed this person in front of him to be hired by Huang Xiaolong to deal with their Ying Family.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, feeling that it was a waste of his time to continue this twaddle. Just as he raised his hand to finish off Ying Changtian, Ying Changtian urgently blurted: "Our Ying Family is under the Li Family's asylum. Senior, you know of the Li Family, right? One of the super forces, the Li Family of Nine Seas World!"

Huang Xiaolong was inwardly surprised. He did not expect that this Ying Family actually sought refuge under the Li Family.

Huang Xiaolong remembered that Xie Puti liked a girl named Zhuo Wenshan in the past, who was supposed to marry Li Zishuai, the current Li Family Patriarch's son.

At Huang Xiaolong's pensive expression, Ying Changtian thought that he was feeling apprehension. On a second thought, who wouldn't feel apprehensive at the mention of a super force like the Li Family, who in the Black Tortoise Galaxy wouldn't feel apprehensive?

Thinking of this, a smile spread across Ying Changtian's face, "Senior has incredible strength, our Ying Family can recommend Senior to the Li Family. With Senior's strength, if Senior is willing to fully serve the Li Family, I believe that Senior will reach a high status in no time!"

Suddenly, the corner of Huang Xiaolong's mouth curved into an ominous smile. A suction force from his right hand pulled Ying Changtian up from the ground right into his right hand. Then, his left hand shaped into claws, digging into Ying Changtian's skull. With a twist and a pull, Ying Changtian's head was ripped off his shoulders.

Even after his head was ripped off, Ying Changtian did not understand why Huang Xiaolong would still kill him even after knowing that their Ying Family was under the Li Family's asylum. His eyes were wide with incredulity.

But he would never have the chance to know the answer.

The true immortal essence fire danced in Huang Xiaolong's palm, instantly extinguishing Ying Changtian's soul.

Chapter 699: Obliterate Them!

After destroying his soul, Huang Xiaolong didn't even bother to look, carelessly flinging Ying Changtian's head, embedding it at the top of the city walls, leaving half a head out...

By this time, the Ying Family guards and soldiers finally regained their senses and scattered in all directions, running away in fear.

Watching these Ying Family minions fleeing desperately, Huang Xiaolong didn't even bother, leaving the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger to deal with them.

Naturally, it was impossible for these guards and soldier to flee successfully facing a late-Fifth Order God Realm Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger.

Just as Huang Xiaolong prepared to leave and deal with the Ying Family's late-Sixth Order God Realm in the east side of Duanren Imperial City, a figure suddenly dashed out from the mass of Martial Spirit World convicts. He called out to Huang Xiaolong respectfully, yet one could see the excitement on his face, "Lord, Lord Beast God!"

Huang Xiaolong halted, for this voice sounded very familiar, hence he turned around. He was a little shocked and doubtful when he saw the person who called out to him, "You're Duan Wuhen?!"

Duan Wuhen, Duanren Emperor's son!

It was difficult for Huang Xiaolong to believe that the old man in front of him, his face ridden with sword slashes, blade cuts, long lashes from a whip, so thin that there was only skin over bones, was the same good-looking, domineering, and carefree Duan Wuhen that he knew!

Seeing that Huang Xiaolong was able to recognize him, the inhuman tortures he had suffered these years played through Duan Wuhen's mind. Taken over by emotion, Duan Wuhen fell to his knees before Huang Xiaolong, crying out his sorrow, crying out his relief.

"Lord, Lord Beast God, you've finally returned! My, my father? Did he return with you?" As remembering Huang Xiaolong's current status, Duan Wuhen no longer dared to cry unbecomingly in front of him. He quickly stopped after a while, asking with nervous apprehension about what he wanted to know the most.

The way Huang Xiaolong easily exterminate the Ying Family Grand Elder Ying Changtian frightened him and all of Martial Spirit World's people.

To Duan Wuhen, who had yet to breakthrough to Saint realm, Huang Xiaolong was no different than the highest heavenly god.

"Stand up first." Huang Xiaolong sighed in silence as he said to Duan Wuhen.

At the mention of Duanren Emperor, guilt reared its head in Huang Xiaolong's heart.

That year, because of him, Duanren Emperor, the Xie Family Ancestor, the Guo Family Ancestor, Elf Queen, and the Nine Dragons Temple Hall Masters were killed by Jiang Yu.

"Your father, as well as the Xie and Guo Families' Ancestors died." Not willing to conceal the matter, Huang Xiaolong spoke the truth.

These words sounded like a thunderclap in Duan Wuhen's mind, standing there in a daze.

Not knowing if Duan Wuhen was listening or not, Huang Xiaolong briefly recounted what happened that year. Though Huang Xiaolong understood that this news was a big blow, he didn't know how he should comfort Duan Wuhen.

A while later, when Duan Wuhen finally come out of his daze, Huang Xiaolong gave him a Spring Autumn Hundred Life Divine Pellet, telling him to swallow it.

The gravity of Duan Wuhen's internal injuries did not escape Huang Xiaolong's detection. If they weren't taken care of, he would never be able to cultivate in the future!

Duan Wuhen swallowed the pill without any questions, then sat down cross-legged and circulated his cultivation technique to refine it. Immediately, he felt streams of warm energy rushing into every corner of his body, bringing great comfort to his damaged body.

Huang Xiaolong watched as Duan Wuhen sat cross-legged, refining the Spring Autumn Hundred Life Divine Pellet. After a brief thought, he lightly pressed a palm in front of him. An extremely pure strand of god battle qi flowed out from him, entering Duan Wuhen.

With this strand of pure god battle qi, Duan Wuhen, who was a peak late-Xiantian realm, would be able to break through to peak half-step Saint realm in a short time.

Due to Huang Xiaolong's assistance, he was able to swiftly refine the Spring Autumn Hundred Life Divine Pellet. When Duan Wuhen stood up again, he was amazed to find that all the injuries in his body were completely healed! Not only that, he actually advanced and broke through to half-step Saint realm!

Looking at the excited and incredulous expression on Duan Wuhen's face, Huang Xiaolong took out a bottle of Rising Tide Ascending Moon Pellets, as well as a bottle of Three Revolutions Golden Pills, giving them to Duan Wuhen. With the pills inside these two bottles, he would be able to step into the Saint realm very soon.

This could be considered a small compensation to Duan Wuhen. If it wasn't because of himself, Duanren Emperor would still be alive.

But Huang Xiaolong did not prolong their reunion, now was not the time for reminiscing about the past or happy reunions. They would have plenty of time for that once all the Ying and Zhao Family members were dealt with.

Therefore, Huang Xiaolong gathered all the Martial Spirit World's present experts and had them clean up the scene, whereas he leaped to the sky, flying eastward of Duanren Imperial City—he was going to deal with the Ying Family's late-Sixth Order God Realm master.

Without any suspense, that Ying Family master was easily erased from the Martial Spirit World by Huang Xiaolong.

When Huang Xiaolong arrived at the location, that Ying Family master was actually in seclusion. When he saw an unknown black-haired young man trespass into his secret chamber, fury burned in his heart, but right as he was about to reprimand and waste the trespasser's cultivation, Huang Xiaolong's finger pierced a hole through his head.

Then, just like Ying Changtian, Huang Xiaolong extinguished his soul with the true immortal essence fire. It could be said that this Ying Family master was confused to the very end, not knowing whose hand he died to.

At the same time, the other Third and Fourth Order God Realm Ying Family masters were killed off by the Huang Family, Heaven Devouring Beast Lil' Tian, Violet Spirit Devourer Monkey, and the rest of the group.

Although most of the Huang Family was weaker, they had the Water-fire Strongarm Apes, not forgetting the many Fifth Order God Realm demonic beasts. Wiping out the enemy was no problem.

Very soon, within the perimeter of Duanren Imperial City walls, all Ying Family masters, guards, and soldiers were all obliterated, not one of them was left alive!

Yet, this incident did not spread out to any other cities, not to a single soul. The whole Duanren Imperial City was under lockdown by Huang Xiaolong's order.

Only after every single person belonging to the Ying Family was killed did Huang Xiaolong sit down with Duan Wuhen to understand what happened in the Martial Spirit World ever since he left.

As it turns out, the Ying Family sent another batch of people to the Martial Spirit World on the seventh year after Huang Xiaolong and everyone left.

Overwhelmed by the disparity in strength and power, the Ying and Zhao Families conquered the entire Martial Spirit World in less than two months. When everything was under their control, the two families began capturing every Xiantian realm expert. Some were tasked with collecting herbs, while others like Duan Wuhen suffered a worse fate, moving ores and helping them forge weapons.

As for women and children, more accurately, the useless ones were left at the mercy of both families' disciples.

The Ying and Zhao Families' disciples habitually used slaughtering whole villages as a form of competition, killed for their pleasure, whereas young girls were reduced to mere playthings.

Anyone that dared to resist met miserable ends.

The Huang Family, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and everyone else listened with gritted teeth, their eyes turned scarlet from anger and killing intent.

Including Huang Xiaolong.

There had never been any other time when Huang Xiaolong was this furious, when his desire to kill was this overwhelming. He would definitely obliterate the Ying and Zhao Families!

"These bunch of f*cking strays! Beasts! I'll kill them all!! All of them!" Huang Xiaohai hollered in pain, grief, and most of all, mad rage. He turned to Huang Xiaolong, "Big brother, let's go and finish these bastards!"

"Dying like that is a luxury to them, I want them to feel pain worse than death!" Huang Xiaolong's chilling voice sounded, akin to an Asura rising from Hell.

Chapter 700: Returning To The Huang Clan Manor

Subsequently, Huang Xiaolong also heard some information related to the many experts from both Ying and Zhao Families that came to Martial Spirit World.

However, Duan Wuhen couldn't say for sure how many God Realm masters the Ying and Zhao Families had sent to the Martial Spirit World, only that both the Duanren Imperial City and Huang Clan Manor had Ying Family Grand Elders in command.

Other than Duanren Imperial City and the Huang Clan Manor, other empires' and kingdoms' imperial and royal cities had either half-step Saint realm or peak half-step Saint realms guarding them.

Huang Xiaolong's tension eased hearing this.

Although he still didn't know the exact number of God Realm masters the Ying and Zhao Families sent to the Martial Spirit World, from Duan Wuhen's description of the overall situation, it seems like their number was on the lower end.

With Ying Changtian and the rest in Duanren Imperial City gone, after he dealt with the ones in the Huang Clan Manor, the threat over Snow Wind Continent would be gone.

"Do you know what the strength of the Ying Family Grand Elder in the Huang Clan Manor is?" Thinking of this, Huang Xiaolong asked Duan Wuhen. At Huang Xiaolong's current strength, he could kill a peak late-Eighth Order God Realm, but if it was a Ninth Order God Realm master, he would have some difficulty.

Between a peak late-Eighth Order God Realm and Ninth Order God Realm, the latter was on a completely different level. Though Huang Xiaolong might not be a Ninth Order God Realm master's opponent, he could still escape.

Due to the Dragon Pearl's suppression, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi could not be separated too far a distance from Huang Xiaolong, thus, if the Ying Family Grand Elder guarding the Huang Clan Manor was a Ninth Order God Realm master, it would be really troublesome to deal with.

Duan Wuhen shook his head, respectfully answering, "I don't know, but I did hear that the strongest person amongst the Ying Family Grand Elders here was Ying Changtian."

Hearing this made Huang Xiaolong completely at ease.

Duan Wuhen then added, "From what I heard, there are four Ying Family Grand Elders guarding the Huang Clan Manor, and all four of them are siblings." He paused in hesitation, continuing, "All four are lecherous characters. After they took over the Huang Clan Manor, the place was turned into a land of debauchery. Every day, the Ying Family guards would capture a hundred young girls and bring them to the Huang Clan Manor for the four of them to vent their lust."

"They cultivate a technique called Blood Demon. After these young women are violated by the siblings, their blood essence would be sucked away, turning into dried corpses!"

"What?!" Huang Xiaohai's fury pierced the sky: "Those vile bastards!"

Everyone listening was extremely furious. The demure Shi Xiaofei showed a rarely seen ice-cold killing intent.

The Huang Clan Manor held a special meaning in everyone's hearts. Not only was the Huang Clan Manor the Huang Family's ancestral land, it was a source of sustenance for their souls.

But it was turned into a den of vice by those Ying Family Grand Elders!

A chilling glint flickered past Huang Xiaolong's eyes.

Still, after considering the situation, Huang Xiaolong had Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, Lil' Tian, Huang Xiaoyong, and everyone else act alone or in groups of two to deal with the Ying Family masters in the other empires.

Whereas Huang Xiaolong, his parents, and Shi Xiaofei, they returned to the Huang Clan Manor.

After Zhao Shu and the rest dealt with the Ying Family masters in other empires, they would gather at the Huang Clan Manor as well.

After receiving Huang Xiaolong's instructions, all of them separated, each of them heading to their targets.

Before leaving, Huang Xiaolong reminded everyone to end things swiftly and assemble at the Huang Clan Manor. Everyone would then depart to the Starcloud Continent, the Bedlam Lands, and finally the Ten Directions Continent. They would obliterate them all before the Ying and Zhao Families' Grand Elders could react!

Watching Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and everyone else fly away in different directions, Huang Xiaolong turned toward his parents, "Father, Mother, let us go."

Return to the Huang Clan Manor!

Huang Peng and Su Yan nodded: "Let's go."

Huang Xiaolong, his parents, his siblings, and Shi Xiaofei left the Duanren Imperial City, flying toward the Huang Clan Manor.

Not long after they left Duanren Imperial City, while flying past a small kingdom, they saw a group of Ying Family soldiers massacring a village. Greatly angered, the Huang Family slapped all the Ying Family soldiers into meat paste.

The entire way, as long as Huang Xiaolong's group came upon Ying Family soldiers, regardless of what these soldiers were doing, the Huang Family exterminated them without bothering to say a word.

Although Huang Xiaolong's group had been killing Ying Family soldiers along the way, it did not affect their speed, their actions were swift and ruthless. A wave of their palm from the Nine-tailed Bright Radiance Tiger's back was enough to send these soldiers to their deaths.

In less than an hour, Huang Xiaolong's group reached the Luo Tong Kingdom.

As they were passing by the Luo Tong Kingdom, looking at the sorrowful land below, all they saw was death aura and overwhelming resentful energy shrouding the Luo Tong Royal City. Huang Xiaolong sighed heavily, remembering his brother, Lu Kai.

'If Lu Kai didn't die, perhaps he would be a God Realm master by now...' Huang Xiaolong thought to himself. With his help, Lu Kai breaking through to God Realm was nothing difficult. Lu Kai's death by the Deities Templar's hand had always been Huang Xiaolong's biggest regret.

Shortly after passing through Luo Tong Royal City, the silhouette of the Huang Clan Manor grew nearer in their eyes.

"Three early-Eighth Order God Realms, two Sixth Order God Realms, and three Fourth Order God Realms." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's divine sense spread out, instantly grasping the situation in Huang Clan Manor.

A total of eight God Realm masters.

Huang Xiaolong's mouth curved into a cold sneer.

In a few breaths' time, Huang Xiaolong's group stood high in the air above the Huang Clan Manor.

Even from afar, they could see the changes in the Huang Clan Manor, as most of the buildings had been demolished. Other than newly built buildings, lascivious statutes and unsightly mural paintings were present in almost every corner.

In the square below was a group of young women garbed in thin clothing being forced to perform erotic dances. Several Ying Family guards were clamoring loudly with wicked smiles on their faces.

In the air above the Huang Clan Manor, a mist of blood-colored qi that emitted a faint bloody scent and an odious feeling was gathered.

Huang Xiaolong knew that this blood-colored qi came into being due to an evil cultivation technique. It seems like this was what Duan Wuhen was referring to, the Blood Demon cultivation technique.

The presence of Huang Xiaolong's group was quickly discovered by the Ying Family soldiers inside the Huang Clan Manor.

"Who goes there? You dare to trespass into the Ying Clan Manor?!" A group of Ying Family soldiers flew up. Someone that looked like a captain barked at Huang Xiaolong.

'Ying Clan Manor? Hmph, even changing the name of our Huang Clan Manor!'

When that Ying Family captain caught sight of Shi Xiaofei, his eyes lit up. Then his gaze traveled to Su Yan and Huang Min, clicking his tongue: "Hehe, I didn't expect there to be such level of beauties in the Martial Spirit World. It seems like tonight will be fun."

"Captain, I think we'd better catch all of them and bring them to Grand Elder Ying Fei." One of the soldiers said, "If not, once Grand Elder Ying Fei and the other Grand Elders found out, I'm afraid..."

"Your mother," That Ying Family captain suddenly sent that soldier flying with a smack, sneering coldly, "Do I need you to teach me what to do?!"

Murderous aura burst out from Shi Xiaofei, Su Yan, and Huang Min's bodies.

Almost simultaneously, the three women acted. That Ying Family captain was struck by three powerful slaps, annihilated in body and soul, leaving behind nothing but a pool of blood. The remaining soldiers were also slapped to their deaths by the three women.

All three women were God Realm masters. The moment they acted, the energy fluctuations of a God Realm master instantly alerted the masters inside the Huang Clan Manor.

At this time, Ying Fei and the others were enjoying themselves with women and wine in the great hall.

"You, go see what's happening." Ying Fei put down his wine cup, ordering a Fourth Order God Realm guard beside him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 438 16
๐š†๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š ๐šŽ๐š’ ๐š ๐šž๐šก๐š’๐šŠ๐š—'๐šœ ๐šœ๐š’๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š‘๐š’๐š– ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š ๐š‘๐š˜ ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š™๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ? ๐™ฐ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐šŠ๐š•๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ? ๐š˜๐š› ๐š๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š? ๏ฟฝ...
86 1 25
I'm literally so emotional this is finished!
2.1K 28 12
๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐š๐ซ ? ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง๏ฟฝ...
36.4K 777 16
โ’ฝโ“Šโ’ถโ“ƒโ’ผ โ“œโ’พโ“ƒโ’ผโ’ฝโ’ถโ“„ โ’ฟโ“Šโ“ˆโ“‰โ’พโ“ƒ า“ังแนญั” ฦฟังัแนญั”ิ€ ศ—แนก, ษžศ—แนญ ฤฑแนญ ังสŸแนกศ ษžัศศ—ษขาปแนญ ศ—แนก ษžังฤ‹าก แนญศษขั”แนญาปั”ั. Childhood friends, who got separated and had to continue their lives in...