Invincible

By Jepnox2nd

More

1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
181-200
201-220
221-240
241-260
261-280
281-300
301-320
321-340
341-360
361-380
381-400
401-420
421-440
441-460
461-480
481-500
501-520
521-540
541-560
561-580
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
681-700
701-720
721-740
741-760
761-780
781-800
801-820
821-840
841-860
861-880
881-900
901-920
921-940
941-980
961-980
981-1000
1001-1020
1021-1040
1041-1060
1061-1080
1081-1100
1101-1120

581-600

1.7K 56 1
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 581: Dare To Kill?

Xie Hui's shriek jolted the others to their senses.

"Little punk, no wonder you're acting so conceited, so you're a peak mid-Second Order God Realm." Zhao Family's Elder, Zhao Rui, fixed an icy glare on Huang Xiaolong.

"What?! Peak mid-Second Order God Realm!" Zhao Chen, Xie Hui, and even the Sin City Castellan Zhao Yi's face turned ash-gray, their widened eyes directed at Huang Xiaolong. Others might not be familiar with Huang Xiaolong, but they were!

When Huang Xiaolong annihilated the Cosmos God Cult and unified the Martial Spirit World, he was but a peak mid-Tenth Order Saint realm! But now, his strength actually reached peak mid-Second Order God Realm!

From then until now, a decade had barely passed!

Ten years!

Thinking of this, Zhao Chen, Xie Hui, Zhao Yi, and the rest felt their hearts shudder. The way they looked at Huang Xiaolong drastically changed.

In the beginning, Zhao Chen, and Xie Hui had assumed that even though Huang Xiaolong broke through to God Realm, becoming a Black Warrior Institute inner disciple, he could at most only be an early First Order God Realm.

When Zhao Yi and everyone's shock subsided, an endless wave of terror crashed against their souls. The rate of Huang Xiaolong's growth had truly frightened them. If Huang Xiaolong continued to grow at this terrifying rate, in another several hundred years their Zhao Family's tragic end would surely come!

"Elder Zhao Rui, we cannot let this Huang Xiaolong continue to grow!" Zhao Yi came to Zhao Rui's side. Feeling a need to emphasize, he added: "If he's allowed to grow further, our Zhao Family will perish in his hands!"

Zhao Rui cast a sidelong glance at Zhao Yi with obvious displease, "Do I need you to teach this Elder how to handle things?" This Zhao Yi was acting more presumptuous in front of him by relying on the Patriarch's favor.

Zhao Yi's face twitched slightly, but he did not say a word more in the end.

Zhao Rui turned to look at Huang Xiaolong. Despite this being his first meeting with Huang Xiaolong, Huang Xiaolong was no stranger to him. Perhaps, it was more accurate to say that Huang Xiaolong was no stranger to their Zhao Family.

A few years ago, when Zhao Yi and Zhao Chen, this pair of father and son, fled back in an embarrassed state to the Zhao Family, it shocked many Zhao Family members. It was also from that time onward that Huang Xiaolong's name was added to the Zhao Family's kill list.

However, Zhao Rui didn't expect this Huang Xiaolong to become a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple within a short few years. One could hardly avoid the annoying consequences of killing a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple. Still, he stepped toward Huang Xiaolong.

"Elder Zhao Rui, you need not trouble yourself with killing a mere Second Order God Realm, I alone am sufficient." At this point, the white-haired old man who had been standing beside Zhao Rui spoke. This white-haired old man was also a member of the Zhao Family, and his strength was definitely stronger than Zhao Yi, a mid-Third Order God Realm.

Pondering the white-haired old man's words, Zhao Rui stopped advancing and nodded his head, "Fine, you go, but don't kill the punk. He's a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple, killing him would be troublesome. Mn, shatter his Qi Sea, then break his whole body's meridians." With his Qi Sea shattered and his whole body's meridians broken, such a Huang Xiaolong was no different than garbage.

As talented as Huang Xiaolong may be, he would no longer pose any threat to the Zhao Family in the future.

"Elder Zhao Rui, I feel that after shattering this Huang Xiaolong's Qi Sea and breaking his meridians, it would be safer to damage his soul as well." Another Zhao Family Elder spoke, "Even if his Qi Sea and meridians are crippled, a Highgod Realm master can still mend these wounds, however, if his soul is damaged, not even a Highgod Realm master can do anything about it."

The look in Huang Xiaolong's eyes grew increasingly icy as he watched the group from the Zhao Family. Damaging a person's soul would turn that person into a fool, this was much crueler than directly killing a person.

'It seems like the Zhao Family's nature is quite 'benevolent.' Huang Xiaolong sneered coldly.

Hearing the Elder's suggestion, Zhao Rui nodded towards the white-haired old man, agreeing to damage Huang Xiaolong's soul. This method was indeed more secure.

Seeing Zhao Rui giving his permission, that white-haired old man proceeded toward Huang Xiaolong with an undisguised sinister cackle, "Little punk, take advantage the little time you have before turning into an idiot, do you have any last words? Maybe, I can lend a hand. Like, do you have a sister or mother that I can help look after? I'll definitely take real good care of them on your behalf!"

The Zhao Family members burst into waves of obnoxious laughter.

Huang Xiaolong's lips curved slightly in a cold smile, then he suddenly lifted his palm and pressed through space.

The Zhao Family white-haired old man's cackle stopped all of a sudden, his head lowered in disbelief looking at his own chest where the shape of a huge palm was imprinted onto his chest. In the next second, red blood seeped out from the palm imprint's borders at a horrifying speed, toward his face, his legs, his hands, spreading out to every inch of his body.

The Zhao Family group's laughter behind him also abruptly halted. Before their horrified eyes, the white-haired old man suddenly exploded into pieces, akin to a piece of glass subjected to a high impact force, bursting into pieces.

Blood and flesh splattered all over, covering the floor. The whole inn fell into an eerie silence.

A few seconds passed before the Zhao and Xie Families regained their senses. They had ugly expressions on their faces, glowering fiercely at Huang Xiaolong.

Zhao Rui's face was gloomy to the extreme, "You punk, you dare to kill my Zhao Family's members?"

Huang Xiaolong looked at Zhao Rui as if he was looking at an idiot, "Dare to kill? I don't think killing a Zhao Family member is any great feat, moreover, why wouldn't I dare? In a little while, all of you will die as well!"

The other Zhao Family Elder was so enraged that his beard trembled, "Reckless arrogance, a measly Second Order God Realm conceited without limit, punk, I'll kill you!" The Zhao Family Elder's momentum rose to the peak, and he was actually a peak early-Fourth Order God Realm, just half a step more and he'd be able to step into mid-Fourth Order God Realm.

In the long history of the Black Tortoise Galaxy, he had never heard of a Second Order God Realm warrior's strength being tyrannical enough to defeat a Fourth Order God Realm master! And he didn't believe that Huang Xiaolong could break this myth!

Just as the Elder was about to attack, a sword light flashed in his eyes. Before he could even realize what happened, a piercing pain came from his chest. He looked down by reflex only to see a wooden sword lodged in his heart. The wooden sword entered his chest, piercing through his heart, and came out through his back.

Huang Xiaolong's cold snort sounded crisp in the air. With a wave of his sleeves, the Mulberry Sword flew back to his side.

Although this Zhao Family's Elder was a peak early-Fourth Order, compared to the Black Warrior Institute inner disciple leader Jiang Bi, he was ten times worse. On top of that, Huang Xiaolong made a sudden attack, how could the Zhao Family Elder have time to react?!

While the rest of the Zhao, as well as the Xie Families were still in shock, both of Huang Xiaolong's hands waved. The Mulberry Sword once again turned into a cold sword light, shuttling between the Zhao and Xie Family members. Miserable screams rippled in the air as each scream was accompanied by a bloom of red blood.

In a few breaths' time, other than the mid-Fourth Order Zhao Rui, there was no one standing around him. Even so, barely a moment had passed when blood began to seep out from the sword slashes and cuts on Zhao Rui's body.

"Huang Xiaolong, you...!" Zhao Rui's figure continued to flicker around the inn, either jumping up or dodging to the sides.

"Stop!!" When the word came out of his mouth, even Zhao Rui felt like an idiot. Would Huang Xiaolong stop? Just when he was beating himself inwardly for being an idiot, the Mulberry Sword's attacks halted. Zhao Rui blanked for a second, but before he could think of anything else, Huang Xiaolong closed in on Zhao Rui using the Phantom Shadow martial spirit innate ability. One punch landed squarely on Zhao Rui's Qi Sea.

The force nearly popped Zhao Rui's eyeballs out of their sockets, doubling over in pain with his mouth agape and tears in his eyes, knocking over the Zhao Family members.

Huang Xiaolong walked over the group of Zhao and Xie Families with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Zhao Chen, Zhao Yi, Xie Hui, Xie Chao, and the rest looked at Huang Xiaolong with fear-stricken eyes.

Chapter 582: No Hurry

"Huang Xiaolong, w-what are you trying to do?!" Zhao Rui watched warily as Huang Xiaolong got closer, his face white without a hint of blood. Tried as he did, Zhao Rui couldn't keep the trembling out of his voice.

It was too much for him to accept that Huang Xiaolong had such overbearing strength with less than a hundred years of cultivation!

Those who were able to break through to God Realm all possessed high talent. Zhao Rui himself was a Zhao Family genius, however, to break through to mid-Fourth Order God Realm, he had spent more than eight thousand years!

"What am I trying to do?" Huang Xiaolong stopped in front of Zhao Rui, flashing a brilliant, chilling smile, "Nothing much, just now I've shattered your Qi Sea; now, I want to break every meridian in your body. Oh right, at the end, I will damage your soul, turning you into an idiot!"

These were the things that Zhao Rui and the others planned to do to Huang Xiaolong, he was merely paying back in kind.

Fear filled Zhao Rui's face, but just as he was about to speak, the Mulberry Sword in Huang Xiaolong's hand swung, followed by a tragic howl from Zhao Rui's throat.

Zhao Chen, Xie Hui, and the rest watched with dread as blood flowed endlessly from Zhao Rui's body. That single slash from Huang Xiaolong had cut off all the meridians in his body.

"Huang Xiaolong, you won't end well!" Zhao Rui screamed in pain, "The Zhao Family definitely won't spare you!"

Huang Xiaolong snickered as he raised his hand, slamming down his palm right at the center of Zhao Rui's forehead. Sounds of shattered bones entered everyone's ears, and in that instant, Zhao Rui no longer screamed. His pupils were out of focus and saliva started flowing out from the corner of his mouth.

"No, I don't want to turn into a wastrel! I don't want to become an idiot!" Zhao Chen's terrified shrieks rang out, stammering in fear, "Huang Xiaolong, spare me, let me go! If you let me go, I promise to do anything you want. I beg you, don't turn me into an idiot!"

Thinking that he would be turned into a second Zhao Rui, his soul suffering irrecoverable damage with one palm strike from Huang Xiaolong, being turned into an idiot and living the remaining of his life in this world like that, Zhao Chen's will collapsed.

Xie Hui was also crying for mercy. So did the others from both the Zhao and Xie Families.

Huang Xiaolong turned around, taking a few steps toward Zhao Chen and Xie Hui. These two could be considered old associates.

Of course Huang Xiaolong wouldn't forget the fact that Zhao Chen hunted him down when he had just arrived in the Bedlam Lands so long ago. He also wouldn't forget Xie Hui kidnapping Shi Xiaofei, wanting to force her hand in marriage, causing him to break into Cosmos God City alone to rescue her.

Events of the past flashed in Huang Xiaolong's mind. 'Everything ends here.'

The Mulberry Sword gripped in Huang Xiaolong's hand slashed down. A sheet of bright sword lights flashed by and both Zhao Chen and Xie Hui's veins and meridians were cut off. Then, with an additional strike from Huang Xiaolong's palms, their Qi Seas shattered. Lastly, another strike on their foreheads damaged Zhao Chen and Xie Hui's souls.

Before long, all present Zhao and Xie Family members were crippled and turned into drooling fools by Huang Xiaolong.

When everything was done, Huang Xiaolong had lost the mood to drink. Buying all the remaining Hailstone Wine available from the inn owner, Huang Xiaolong left the inn, walking toward a shop selling armors.

Despite the confidence he had in his own strength, the frigid coldness in the deeper parts of the Hailstone Mainland was not something to sneeze at, having a fire element armor was better than nothing. After all, Huang Xiaolong did not lack money.

Due to the unique environment of the Hailstone Mainland, armor shops were in abundance.

A short while later, Huang Xiaolong came to a street filled with shops selling armors. He saw as much as thirty to forty shops. Picking one of the biggest shops at random, Huang Xiaolong went inside.

When Huang Xiaolong entered, there were already more than a dozen people inside the shop, from the looks of things, everyone had the same purpose.

Noticing a new customer walking in wearing the Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple robe, the shop worker's eyes lit up as he hastened to greet Huang Xiaolong in quick steps. After knowing that Huang Xiaolong was looking to buy an armor, the shop worker enthusiastically introduced their shop's many different goods.

The four interior walls of the shop were hung with rows of various different kinds of armors, they had different colors, styles, and different sizes from large to small. In a quick glance, there were more than a hundred of them on display. The majority of them were fire element armors, but there were also earth element, metal element, water element, so on and so forth. The many choices bedazzled the eyes. Depending on the armor, the price ranged from a hundred thousand to millions.

But Huang Xiaolong secretly shook his head looking at them. Although these armors were not bad, they were still too weak in his eyes. Some were worse than the Divine Dragon Armor that Deities Templar had.

"Do you have something even better?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

The shop worker was stunned at first, then his face bloomed into a wide smile, "We have a few pieces that are the shop's treasures, it's just that the price is a little high, the lowest one is priced at one hundred million."

"Money is not an issue." Huang Xiaolong replied nonchalantly.

A hundred million? The amount of Xuanwu coins inside his Asura Ring could buy this entire shop if he so desired.

Noting the extravagant air in Huang Xiaolong's tone and words, the shop worker beamed as he led Huang Xiaolong to a small hall in the back. Politely asking Huang Xiaolong to wait for a moment, the shop worker turned around and left in search of his boss.

It didn't take long for the shop worker to return with the shop owner in tow.

The shop owner was a middle-aged man with coarse facial features, even more so with the long scar across his face. His body emitted a strong ferocity that belied his identity as the shop owner, a bandit was more like it.

On the other side, surprise flickered in the shop owner's eyes when he saw Huang Xiaolong, but just as quickly he put on his best smile and uttered a few perfunctory words before taking out the six most expensive armors with the best attributes for Huang Xiaolong to see.

Among the six suits of armors, three of them were fire element armors in three different colors; snow white, copper yellow, and dark black.

At first glance, Huang Xiaolong was taken with the white armor, pure like a white snowflake. This was also the most expensive armor among the three fire element armors. A piece of armor selling at three hundred fifty million, this price would leave anyone staggering in shock.

When the shop owner, He Liuhua, heard that Huang Xiaolong wanted the white armor, he chuckled and explained, "This little brother's eyesight is really good! This divine armor was forged by an ancient fire element master using several hundred different pieces of magma essence iron, aptly named White Flame Divine Armor. There is even the ancient formation, Nine-nine Blazing Sun Formation, carved on it. After wearing this White Flame Divine Armor, even to the depths of the Hailstone Mainland, you'd have no trouble resisting even the frigid coldness from the polar ice."

The highest grade of ice in the lower world was called polar ice, even if a high-level God Realm master accidentally touched this polar ice, they would be turned into an ice sculpture. Hearing the shop owner bragging that this White Flame Divine Armor could resist the extreme coldness from polar ice, Huang Xiaolong merely smiled and did not refute.

He, of course, didn't believe that this White Flame Divine Armor could resist the frigid coldness from polar ice, otherwise, this armor would be worth much more than just three hundred fifty million.

Subsequently, the shop owner explained to Huang Xiaolong the various attributes of the armor. The White Flame Divine Armor had many other uses than merely resisting the cold. After activating the Nine-nine Blazing Sun Formation, it could even withstand attacks from a Seventh Order God Realm.

Huang Xiaolong did not bother to negotiate for the price, he paid the full price and bought the white armor.

After buying the White Flame Divine Armor, Huang Xiaolong exited the Hailstone City, flying toward the deeper parts of the mainland without further dallying about.

Shop owner He Liuha watched Huang Xiaolong's disappearing silhouette on the horizon, chuckling to himself, "Hehe, I didn't expect that after more than a decade's waiting, another big fish came!"

"Big boss, when do we move?" The shop worker stood behind He Liuhua asked.

"No hurry, this kid won't be able to run away." He Liuhua's eyes narrowed, causing the scar on his face to stretch taut, "This kid is a Black Warrior Institute inner disciple, it would be a lot of trouble if someone found out we killed him. Wait till he enters the Hailstone Forest, we'll make our move then."

Chapter 583: Darksprite Poison Owl

"But, Big boss, shouldn't we try to investigate this brat?" The shop worker hesitated before suggesting.

He Liuhua waved his hand brusquely, not minding one bit, "A mere Black Warrior Institute inner disciple, how strong can he be? Given the highest probability, he'd be a peak late-Third Order God Realm at most. If he was an elite disciple of the institute, I might act with caution. There's nothing wrong with being scrupulous, however, being overly scrupulous will cause you to lose out on many opportunities, leaving you with regrets when you think back about it later."

"This one thanks Big boss' guidance." The shop worker smiled respectfully while managing to bootlick his superior. "But that kid bought the White Flame Divine Armor, it will be slightly troublesome dealing with him later."

He Liuhua wasn't worried at all, "You'd think I miss this point? I've placed a ban on the White Flame Divine Armor early on, as long as I activate the ban later, this kid will be subjected to a backlash from the White Flame Divine Armor. No matter what, he won't be able to escape from my hands even if he grows a pair of wings!"

"Haha, Big boss is the wisest! This trick is really superb, superb!" The shop worker laughed with glee. "This kid could take out three hundred fifty million without blinking an eye, there should at least be one billion on him!"

Both men's raucous laughter echoes in the air.

Huang Xiaolong flew at high speed across the field of ice and snow. Roughly an hour later, he entered the Hailstone Forest.

Vigilant against any unforeseen danger that could jump out at any time, Huang Xiaolong took out the Mulberry Sword, flying forward as he stood on the wooden sword.

White snowflakes drifted endlessly from the sky above, leaving a heart-penetrating coldness when they touched his skin, whereas the cold wind that was blowing against his face as he flew brought a different sensation; a little numb, and a little itchy.

"Little Huang brat, be careful of that armor shop owner." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi cautioned Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong laughed nonchalantly, "Don't I have you?"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi could clearly see through the hidden intentions of that armor shop owner, but then again, how could Huang Xiaolong not see it as well?

One should not display their wealth in public, but it was deliberate on Huang Xiaolong's part.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi issued a laugh at Huang Xiaolong's remark, "You think I'm a miracle worker? Then again, you kid probably still don't know that the other party had already placed a hidden ban inside your White Flame Divine Armor, right?"

Huang Xiaolong was astounded, "There's a ban inside the White Flame Divine Armor? I just checked it with the Eye of Hell and couldn't see anything wrong with it."

"The other side had skillfully concealed it, a pretty smart method. So it is very normal that you didn't detect anything." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "The point is, the ban is a strong one, only high-level God Realm masters are able to break it. Take out the White Flame Divine Armor first, I'll erase the ban on it."

Huang Xiaolong nodded as his hands moved quickly, taking out the White Flame Divine Armor. The minuscule golden symbol of the Dragon Pearl on his forehead glimmered brightly as it sucked the white armor into the space within the Dragon Pearl so that Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi could erase the ban placed on it.

Although that armor shop owner He Liuhua was a Seventh Order God Realm master and the ban he placed on the White Flame Divine Armor was well hidden, as well as powerful, it was child's play in Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's eyes. Moments later, the ban was erased. Putting it on now, Huang Xiaolong need not worry about the sinister tricks left behind by that He Liuhua.

Huang Xiaolong flew forward on the Mulberry Sword, he dared not fly too high nor too low close to the ground.

In the boundless fuzzy Hailstone Forest, flying too high would turn oneself into an obvious target, having a high risk of attracting attacks from the numerous demonic beasts in the forest, while flying too close to the snow-laden forest floor was also dangerous, with the various demonic beasts on the prowl.

Thus, Huang Xiaolong maintained a flying height of twenty meters from the forest floor.

The Hailstone Forest was made up of a very large land area, in fact, it took up eight-tenths of the Hailstone Mainland's surface and was thirty to forty times bigger than Martial Spirit World itself. Other than the undulating white, snow-covered mountain range, everywhere one looked, thick trees of an olden era could be seen.

The olden trees on the outer part of Hailstone Forest weren't tall, most of them growing to a height of thirty to forty meters. These olden trees were also covered with white snow and ice, one could hardly make out their true appearance anymore.

"Watch out!" While Huang Xiaolong was flying forward on his Mulberry Sword, right in front of him some distance away, a flock of demonic beasts that resembled nightingales flew over. Each one of them was more than ten meters in length, pure black from head to tail, and had eyes of ice-blue. Iron-like sharp glints were reflected from their deadly claws.

"These are the most commonly seen aerial demonic beasts in the Hailstone Forest, they are called Darksprite Poison Owls." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi went on to explain, "Their claws contain extremely toxic poison, it would be best if you don't let them scratch you!"

Just as Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi finished his sentence, that flock of several hundred Darksprite Poison Owls had narrowed the distance between them to several hundred meters. Their beaks issued a series of euphoric squawking noises, and their lethal claws were poised to capture Huang Xiaolong.

The most troublesome thing in this Hailstone Forest was none other than running into these Darksprite Poison Owls, for they were a flock of aerial creatures with amazing speed. On top of that, they had highly toxic poison.

Watching several hundred Darksprite Poison Owls locked onto him, Huang Xiaolong did not dally. The Mulberry Sword under his feet flew up, and with a wave of his hands, the Mulberry Sword created a curtain of sword lights, resulting in these Darksprite Poison Owls plummeting from the air like dead locusts.

Even the blood of these Darksprite Poison Owls was black, unusually glaring to the eyes as it splattered across the white snow. It didn't take long for Huang Xiaolong to deal with this flock of blackbirds.

The Mulberry Sword flew back to Huang Xiaolong's side as he descended, once again riding on the wooden sword. However, when Huang Xiaolong wanted to go down for a closer inspection, his eyes widened and goosebumps ran down his neck.

The several hundred Darksprite Poison Owl corpses were almost instantly covered by thumb-sized bugs barely seconds after hitting the ground. These bugs were white, countless in number, gnawing and wriggling all over the corpses at a horrifying speed. A short while later, nothing was left, not even a feather!

"These are ice maggots!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi exclaimed. "This kind of ice maggots lives underground and is extremely terrifying. Their numbers too are too large, and once bitten by these ice maggots, frigid ice poison will spread rapidly throughout the entire body, robbing the body's ability to move, a little similar to the Poison Corpse Scarabs that you tamed. It's just that your Poison Corpse Scarabs can evolve, and these cannot."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes lit up.

If he sent out his Poison Corpse Scarabs to 'eat' these ice maggots, would his Poison Corpse Scarabs obtain these ice maggots' attribute?

As if knowing what Huang Xiaolong was thinking, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi spoke, "It is not so easy to handle these ice maggots, although your Poison Corpse Scarabs could suppress them, and even swallow them, the number of ice maggots is too much, tens of billions of them. Moreover, once you start attacking, it might attract the nearby ice maggots!"

Hearing this, Huang Xiaolong suppressed thought of calling out the Poison Corpse Scarabs.

As Huang Xiaolong continued to move deeper into the Hailstone Forest, he had lost count of the number of demonic beasts he had killed along the way.

The sky gradually darkened.

Though there was no sunlight, night and day were still obvious.

Once night descended, the numerous hidden demonic beasts that were hidden during the day wandered out in search of food. Even for someone daring like Huang Xiaolong, he inevitably reduced his speed and acted with more caution.

Due to the snow's attribute of reflecting light, the entire forest seemed colder at night compared to daytime. It was deathly white, with a ghostly green glow.

Huang Xiaolong was flying over the forest carefully when he suddenly stopped, "Gentlemen, you have been following me for so long but still haven't decided to show yourselves?" Just as Huang Xiaolong's voice fell, several dark shadows appeared in front of Huang Xiaolong.

Two of them were the armor shop owner and the shop worker.

He Liuhua chuckled as he stood in front of Huang Xiaolong, "Little brother, we meet again. But I'm very curious, when did you notice us?" He was very curious about this. In their group of people, the weakest person was a Fourth Order God Realm, how did a mere Second Order God Realm actually detect their presence?

"Is that really important?" Huang Xiaolong asked without any changes to his expression.

He Liuhua was stunned for a second before laughing loudly, "Right, for a dead man, this point is indeed unimportant."

Chapter 584: In the Depths of Hailstone Forest

Huang Xiaolong smiled kindly at He Liuhua instead of showing anger hearing those words, "You think you lot are capable of killing me?"

He Liuhua's eyebrow rose as he watched the young man opposite him that didn't seem nervous at all. Doubt rose in his heart, did this kid possess some hidden trump card? This kid's biggest trump card was probably the White Flame Divine Armor he sold to him, right?

'If this kid is able to activate the White Flame Divine Armor's Nine-nine Blazing Sun Formation, it can temporarily block a Seventh Order God Realm's attack.'

He Liuhua snickered to himself thinking of this.

"You punk, if I were you, I would just obediently hand over all the valuables, spatial rings, treasures and whatnot, then you should get down on your knees to lick our toes, hugging our big thighs while begging us sincerely not to kill you." The shop worker couldn't resist chiming in, "Instead of putting on a brave act here, when in truth you're cowering inside, pretending to be calm."

When no one expected it, Huang Xiaolong made his move. The Mulberry Sword under his feet flew out. Sword lights cut toward the opponents as if they were agile snakes.

"Look out!" He Liuhua shouted, and at the same time, his wrist turned, sending out a palm strike whistling through the air to scatter the torrent of sword lights. However, the miserable cry that rang told him that he was too late. Three of the subordinates that came with him had their throats and foreheads pierced through, resulting in their lifeless bodies plummeting to the forest below.

All these three subordinates were early Fourth Order God Realm warriors.

Seeing this, He Liuhua couldn't contain his fury, "Damn punk, I had intended to let you die more comfortably at first, but now you'll die without an intact corpse!" His fingers extended and a giant ringed-knife appeared in his hand.

"Howling Wolf Fang Knife!"

He Liuhua aimed the giant ringed-knife at Huang Xiaolong with both of his hands, making a vertical slash down. Countless shadows of ferocious wolves pounced through the air, while the knife qi transformed into sharp spikes resembling wolf fangs that locked onto Huang Xiaolong's body from all directions, cutting off all routes of escape.

The rest of his subordinates also awakened from their shock, and each of them mustered their strongest attack, releasing it on Huang Xiaolong.

Before any of their attacks even got close, a snow-white armor emerged on Huang Xiaolong's body, the White Flame Divine Armor. A layer of white flames danced on the armor's surface, and simultaneously, nine bright fireballs flew out, hovering around Huang Xiaolong from top to bottom.

When He Liuhua and his subordinates' attacks reached Huang Xiaolong, all of them were negated, the powerful energies dissipated into nothingness.

"White Flame Divine Armor!"He Liuhua was startled, but it quickly turned into elation. This damn kid really activated the Nine-nine Blazing Sun Formation on the White Flame Divine Armor!

Although the White Flame Divine Armor's Nine-nine Blazing Sun Formation could withstand a Seventh Order God Realm master's attack, the formation itself required divine grade spirit stone to activate. What did this mean? It meant there were divine grade spirit stones in this kid's possession!

He Liuhua's eyes twinkled brightly like stars and his hands stopped attacking, merely looking at Huang Xiaolong with a mysterious grin on his face, "Heh, damn kid, you still don't realize, do you? That I placed a ban on the White Flame Divine Armor. As long as I activate this ban, you will receive a backlash from the White Flame Divine Armor and be split into pieces by the armor itself. You will suffer excruciating pain, so much that you'll wish you were dead."

Huang Xiaolong issued a cold snort in reply. He arrived in front of the armor shop worker in a flicker, slashing out with the Mulberry Sword.

"White Phoenix Cut!"

Numerous rays of sword qi gathered, cutting down from high altitude.

That shop worker was petrified with fear, but he still thrust the long spear in his hand toward Huang Xiaolong in an attempt to block the falling sword.

He Liuhua was even more enraged watching this. He didn't expect Huang Xiaolong to continue attacking recklessly knowing about the ban on the White Flame Divine Armor. Did this punk think he was bluffing?!

"Courting death!" He Liuhua began to move both his hands, forming some strange obscure signs and flicking out a mysterious shining symbol.

Right at this moment, Huang Xiaolong's sword had sliced the shop worker's long spear in half, and continued down, splitting the shop worker into halves starting from the middle of his head.

A thin red blood line emerged to the surface of the shop worker's skin from his forehead all the way down to his groin area. In the next instant, the shop worker's corpse exploded into pieces, genuinely dying without an intact corpse.

"You, you're still fine?" He Liuhua dumbly looked at Huang Xiaolong, he had just activated the ban that he placed on the White Flame Divine Armor, why didn't the kid suffer a backlash?

Huang Xiaolong looked over his shoulder at He Liuhua like he was looking an idiot: "What do you think?"

Huang Xiaolong's gaze drove He Liuhua crazy, he felt a maddening impulse to tear Huang Xiaolong into pieces with his bare hands. His eyes spat fire, yet he really did not understand how Huang Xiaolong could've erased the ban on the White Flame Divine Armor.

This was something impossible with Huang Xiaolong's Second Order God Realm strength. Could it be... there were other masters at his side? However, they had been following Huang Xiaolong for some time before appearing, He Liuhua was sure there were no other masters with Huang Xiaolong.

Then again, whether there was any master by this kid's side was no longer important. The ban on the White Flame Divine Armor was erased, and the kid was in possession of divine grade spirit stones, enabling him to activate the Nine-nine Blazing Sun Formation, a defense he had no way of breaking!

The question now was, should he withdraw or not?

In the short span of time where He Liuhua struggled to decide, Huang Xiaolong's figure flickered to his front. In the next moment, a giant divine dragon enlarged in He Liuhua's pupils, emitting a dragon might that dimmed heaven and earth. Enveloped by this overwhelming pressure, He Liuhua felt his breathing stop in an instant, to the point where he couldn't even utilize the time and space laws.

Fear filled his eyes, all of his attention was on the enormous five-clawed golden dragon right in front of him. 'This, this... a Highgod Realm master?! There was actually a Highgod Realm master by this kid's side!'

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi glowered icily at He Liuhua, and one of his claws extended out. Before He Liuhua could react, he was already caged between Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's powerful claws. With a slight pressure, He Liuhua's body burst into pieces.

His tragic wail jarred the rest to their senses as fear pierced through their hearts. He Liuhua's subordinates screamed, turned around, and fled for their lives.

Unfortunately, just as they turned around, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi spat out dragon flames from his mouth, drowning these people in a sea of flames, incinerating them into embers before they could even issue a scream.

At the end of everything, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's jaw opened in a big yawn, smacking his dragon mouth, "No fun at all, this kind of small shrimps also need to trouble this old man, too degrading for my status."

Huang Xiaolong was speechless. On the other hand, what Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said was the truth. As a Highgod Realm master, coming out to kill several Fourth Order, Fifth Order and a Seventh Order God Realm warrior was indeed degrading for his status.

After resolving He Liuhua and his subordinates, Huang Xiaolong continued flying into the deeper part of the Hailstone Forest. The deeper he ventured, the more extreme the frigid cold became. Two days later, when he was almost at the center of the Hailstone Forest, he had no choice but to use the White Flame Divine Armor to resist the cold energy.

One month later, Huang Xiaolong finally reached the center of the Hailstone Forest.

The snow at the center of the Hailstone Forest was no longer pure white but whitish with a tinge of green that seemed to turn violet at the edge. At the center of the forest, one couldn't even hear the sound of wind!

That's right, not even the sound of a gentle breeze existed. It wasn't that there was no breeze or wind, but reaching up to this point, the wind itself was frozen in place by the coldness.

Not only that, Huang Xiaolong keenly sensed that in the center of this Hailstone Mainland, even time seemed to move much slower. A coldness that could even affect the time flow, one could imagine the terror of this frigid cold.

After entering the center area of Hailstone Mainland, Huang Xiaolong raised his vigilance even higher and took extra care with every step. Prior to entering this area, he had already come across several Eighth Order and Ninth Order God Realm demonic beasts. If it weren't for Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi, he would have breathed his last early on.

According to Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi, the location of the treasure was close by. However, not long after Huang Xiaolong entered the center area, noises of people flying at high speed and talking reached his ears.

There were actually people who entered this deep into the Hailstone Forest?

Barely a second after Huang Xiaolong concealed himself, six figures arrived where Huang Xiaolong stood. Seeing these people's clothing, Huang Xiaolong was slightly surprised, for three of them were garbed in the Black Warrior Institute's Grand Elder robes, while the other three had the emblem of an azure dragon.

"They're from the Azure Dragon Institute." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi cautioned.

Chapter 585: Highgod Advancement Tournament

Azure Dragon Institute!

Hearing Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's reminder, Huang Xiaolong's eyes narrowed to thin slits. Never did he imagine that he would run into people from the Azure Dragon Institute here, moreover, they were together with people from the Black Warrior Institute as well.

What were the Black Warrior Institute's Grand Elders doing with people from the Azure Dragon in this deep part of the Hailstone Forest?

While these thoughts raced passed Huang Xiaolong's mind, the six figures flew far away, disappearing in the hazy snowing sky.

Only then did Huang Xiaolong emerge from his concealment.

"These six people's strength is not bad," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi commented. "That tall thin one from the Azure Dragon Institute is the strongest one amongst them, infinitely close to the Highgod Realm."

"Infinitely close to a Highgod Realm!" Huang Xiaolong was astonished. Although he had guessed that all six people were very strong, he didn't expect the tall thin man from the Azure Dragon Institute to be so powerful.

Close to a Highgod Realm? That meant peak late-Tenth Order God Realm.

Then a thought occurred to Huang Xiaolong, "How does my Eldest Senior-Apprentice brother's strength compare to this person?"

"Your Eldest Senior-Apprentice brother is also a peak late-Tenth Order God Realm, however, even among them, there is a distinction between strong and weak." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi continued, "This person's strength is slightly higher than your Eldest Senior-Apprentice brother."

This judgment was a little hard for Huang Xiaolong to accept; this person was stronger than his Eldest Senior-Apprentice brother?

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi went on, "Black Tortoise, Azure Dragon, Vermillion Bird, and White Tiger. Amongst these four galaxies, the Azure Dragon is the strongest of all. In every Highgod Advancement Tournament, it has always been the Azure Dragon Institute that held first place, moreover, among the names of the top ten, half of them would be Azure Dragon Institute disciples."

"What Highgod Advancement Tournament?" Huang Xiaolong was a little confused. This was the first time he had heard of this Highgod Advancement Tournament.

"It's normal that you've never heard of it." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, "Every one thousand years, the Vientiane Divine World Surface would conduct a Highgod Advancement Tournament in the lower world surface as a form of selecting and cultivating great talents from the Black Tortoise, Azure Dragon, Vermillion Bird, and White Tiger galaxies. There are rewards for the first one thousand places, the enormity of the rewards is not something you can imagine."

A glimmer of light flickered in Huang Xiaolong's eyes, this was news to him. He didn't know that the Vientiane Divine World Surface held a Highgod Advancement Tournament every thousand years.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi continued saying, "From the first place to the tenth place, they are rewarded with divine grade spirit stones, divine armor, and divine artifacts. The divine armor is much more durable than the ones you've seen, definitely not the fart of a White Flame Divine Armor that you are wearing right now. The second place and third place also have these rewards, but other than these, there are many higher grade rewards."

Huang Xiaolong was listening attentively when Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi suddenly stopped speaking, prompting Huang Xiaolong to ask, "What other rewards?"

"Take a guess." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi deliberately left Huang Xiaolong's curiosity hanging.

Huang Xiaolong smiled wryly, "How would I be able to guess?"

Satisfied, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi continued, "The first place, second place, and third place could have a powerful Vientiane Divine World Surface's master direct infusion of Godforce into them!"

"Direct infusion of Godforce!" Huang Xiaolong's eyes widened in shock.

"That's right," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi nodded, "Eight out of ten peak late-Tenth Order God Realm warriors can directly break through to Highgod Realm after the infusion of Godforce!"

Direct breakthrough to Highgod Realm! Huang Xiaolong's breathing grew heavy.

This was too terrifying.

How many monstrous geniuses existed in the lower world galaxies? How many great talents were stuck at peak late-Tenth Order God Realm, unable to make a breakthrough to Highgod Realm? But, if they could get a spot within the top three in the Highgod Advancement Tournament, they had an eighty percent chance of breaking into Highgod Realm after the Godforce infusion.

"Needless to say, a Highgod Realm master does not have the ability to infuse Godforce into another person, therefore the 'God master' from Vientiane Divine World Surface performing the inculcation would definitely be someone with a cultivation higher than the Highgod Realm. As for what realm they might be at, that I do not know. Other than that, the first place winner has a high chance of being granted by the same 'God master' a divine law of their own comprehension!"

Divine law! Huang Xiaolong was flabbergasted.

"Correct, after advancing to Highgod Realm, the time and space laws will evolve to become a higher grade 'divine law'." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, "If one can be bestowed a divine law by the 'God master' it would greatly benefit their future cultivation in a way they never imagine. This is thousand, a million times better than Godforce infusion, divine armor, divine artifact, or divine grade spirit stones."

Huang Xiaolong nodded silently in agreement, great waves of shock roaring in his heart.

Highgod Advancement Tournament!

First place!

A short while later, his eyes shone with firm determination.

No matter what, he had to win this Highgod Advancement Tournament's first place. Whether it was for his parents, family, or himself, he absolutely must win first place!

Only then would he have an eighth-tenth chance of breaking into the Highgod Realm and receive that powerful God master's divine law, reaching higher and further in his cultivation path.

"So, kid, are you tempted?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi needled Huang Xiaolong: "Do you want to win the first place?"

Huang Xiaolong laughed, "Of course! Who doesn't wants to win the first place?"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, "Not that I underestimate you, although your talent is indeed excellent, your chances of winning the first place in the Highgod Advancement Tournament are not very high. In every tournament, the number of disciples taking part from all four galaxies surpass a billion, each and every person is a strong and talented genius in their own right, the weakest cultivation would be Ninth Order God Realm, even that can only be considered cannon fodder!"

A Ninth Order God Realm was just cannon fodder! Huang Xiaolong had a bitter expression on his face.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi wasn't done. "In the four galaxies, regardless of their status and identity, one would have two chances to participate in the Highgod Advancement Tournament. During my first participation at peak late-Ninth Order God Realm, I didn't even reach the top one hundred. My second participation was at mid-Tenth Order God Realm, and I barely managed to squeeze into the last hundredth spot."

Huang Xiaolong's bitter smile seemed plastered to his face.

Even with Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's freak of a five-clawed golden dragon true body, at mid-Tenth Order God Realm he only just managed to squeeze into the last spot of the top one hundred?

"The monstrous geniuses within the four galaxies, their strength is not as simple as you think. Some have been enduring for a long time, until the time for the Highgod Advancement Tournament arrives, before revealing their shocking strength in front of everyone. You have great talent and a powerful True Dragon Physique, but there are geniuses that do not lose to you in terms of talent. If you really want to win the first place, at the very least, you must be a late Tenth Order God Realm."

"If I was a late-Tenth Order God Realm, what would be the chances of me winning?" Huang Xiaolong was curious to know.

"About half." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "If you can breakthrough to peak late-Tenth Order God Realm, the chances would increase to eighty percent."

Late-Tenth Order God Realm only had half a chance?

Huang Xiaolong was dumbfounded, asking, "When will the next Highgod Advancement Tournament be held?"

"It is held once every one thousand years, estimating the time according to the second time I participated, the next tournament is approximately two hundred and thirty years later." He shook his head saying this, "Two hundred and thirty years, no matter how you cultivate, there is no way you can reach Tenth Order God Realm by then. I advise you to give up on this thought, it would be better if you wait another thousand years for the next tournament." Huang Xiaolong frowned.

Merely two hundred and thirty years?! The time was truly a little tight.

Even if he could summon the Gates of Hell to cultivate in a superior environment, it was still impossible for him to breakthrough to Tenth Order God Realm in a little more than two hundred years.

Was there really no other way other than the one Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi spoke of, to wait for another thousand years before participating? But Huang Xiaolong was unwilling to wait an additional thousand years.

"Let's not think about the tournament for now," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice cut through Huang Xiaolong's thoughts, "first find that treasure. For you, the Highgod Advancement Tournament is still far away. Set your sights on how to deal with the inner disciple assessment five years later. I feel that the purpose behind the three Black Warrior Institute Grand Elders working together with the Azure Dragon Institute isn't so simple. Who knows, they might be targeting the same treasure we are."

Chapter 586: Getting Closer To The Treasure

"They're here for the treasure as well?!" Huang Xiaolong was doubtful.

"If they aren't here for the treasure, who would be so idle till their balls hurt to come to a place where even birds refuse to lay eggs in." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi retorted, "Don't tell me they're here to for a secret rendezvous?"

Huang Xiaolong sweated profusely at Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's delectable choice of words. If there were people who came to this Hailstone Forest for a secret rendezvous, they were definitely a man amongst men in Huang Xiaolong's opinion.

Inevitably, an image of the six robust men of the Black Warrior Institute and Azure Dragon Institute having a secret rendezvous appeared in Huang Xiaolong's mind, making him shudder.

'Secret rendezvous' was a term Huang Xiaolong mentioned in passing to Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi, he didn't expect this old dragon actually made a point to remember it.

"In fact, a lot of people heard that a treasure is hidden deep within the Hailstone Forest." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, "It's not a big secret at all. It's just that, in the tens of thousands of years, no one has ever found it, thus as time went by, people stopped searching for the Hailstone Forest treasure. In the deeper parts of this Hailstone Forest, other than Tenth Order God Realm demonic beasts, there's a high possibility of Highgod Realm demonic beasts appearing, those who come seeking fortune, nine out of ten barely make it out alive by the skin of their teeth."

Huang Xiaolong nodded with a solemn expression.

"Although I got my hands the treasure map during my time and came searching for it several times, at that time, I had just found the treasure, there wasn't time enough time to even go through the dwelling's door when my archenemy and a group of peak late-Tenth Order God Realm lackeys besieged me. Despite having escaped death at that time, alas...!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi stopped here, but the implied meaning was evident.

Only at this moment did Huang Xiaolong found out the cause of Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's physical body destruction and the heavy injury to his soul.

Besieged by a group of peak late-Tenth Order God Realms!

Goddamn!

However, this Old Dragon was a tough one for being able to escape an encirclement by a group of peak late-Tenth Order God Realm masters.

"Who's that archenemy of yours?" The cause and reason roused Huang Xiaolong's curiosity.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, "Not knowing about this now is better for you. If you can win the Highgod Advancement Tournament's first place, receive Godforce infusion, and break through to Highgod Realm, I'll tell you at that time!"

If Huang Xiaolong was able to do all that he said, he'd be able to break the restrictions on the Dragon Pearl, allowing Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi to be freed from the Dragon Pearl's shackles and leave the Dragon Pearl itself. The first thing Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi wanted to do was to exact revenge on that year's hatred, kill his archenemy of that year!

That archenemy's strength was undeniably high. Even if he was able to regain his freedom from the Dragon Pearl, relying on his lone strength, there was no guarantee he'd be able to kill the enemy, therefore Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi required Huang Xiaolong's help to succeed.

To him, the current Huang Xiaolong was as weak as a chick, even if they found his enemy of that year, nothing could be done at the moment.

Seeing that Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi wasn't willing to mention his archenemy's identity, Huang Xiaolong also did not dog the question. He then continued flying on the Mulberry Sword.

On the other hand, if that those Black Warrior Institute Grand Elders and the Azure Dragon Institute people really came for the same treasure, this indeed posed a huge problem for Huang Xiaolong.

'Forget it, since I'm already here, let's take things step by step.' Huang Xiaolong consoled himself. Converging his aura, he raised his vigilance higher as he flew.

At this point, his current strength allowed him to execute sword flight without generating any outward energy fluctuations. As long as he was cautious, he could still avoid most of the God Realm demonic beasts.

Just like this, Huang Xiaolong survived the day without much suspense.

The forest gradually darkened.

"Tomorrow, you should be able to reach the location of the treasure." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice continued, "The center area of the Hailstone Forest is extremely dangerous at night, it would better if you rest for the night and continue moving during daytime."

Huang Xiaolong pondered for a moment then nodded in agreement. This was also a good option, after all, they were in no hurry. Furthermore, if that six people really came for the same treasure, it was useless even if he hurried.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice sounded again, "I know of an extremely well hidden natural cave around here, you can spend the night there."

Following Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's directions, Huang Xiaolong found the natural cave shortly. The cave was located midway on a tall precipice, obscured by layers of snow, and had the protective formation placed by Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi many years ago. This natural cave was a good hiding place indeed.

Huang Xiaolong entered. The cave was bigger than it looked from the outside, there was even an ice bed inside, forged by Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi himself long ago. More than sixty thousand years had passed, but the ice bed still existed.

"That year, I forged this bed using Purple Crystal Cold Jade, cultivating on it will be greatly beneficial for you." He added, "In fact, if those six people are here to search for the treasure, it might be a good thing for you"

Huang Xiaolong leaped onto the Purple Crystal Cold Jade bed, sitting in a meditative position with a baffled look on his face, "Why do you say that?"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, "Even if they managed to find out how to break the protective formation leading to the Hailstone treasure, it isn't that easy to break it. If the six of them cooperated, it would still take them two to three days' time."

Huang Xiaolong breathed in relief hearing this, fortunately, there was still hope.

"When it comes to the time they break the formation, it will surely generate strong energy fluctuations, which will attract God Realm demonic beasts." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi continued to explain, "Let them break the formation, let them fight these demonic beasts, you can look for an opportunity to reap a fisherman's benefits without exerting much effort."

Huang Xiaolong was stunned, then again, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's analysis wasn't illogical.

Hence, Huang Xiaolong began cultivating as he sat on the ice bed. Although he has been traveling toward the center area of the Hailstone Forest, on the way, he killed quite a few mid and high-levels God Realm demonic beasts and refined their beast cores.

His strength that was already at peak mid-Second Order God Realm grew significantly. Huang Xiaolong had a feeling that in a day or two he would be able to break through to late-Second Order God Realm.

Of course, demonic beasts of Fifth Order God Realm and higher were out of Huang Xiaolong's current ability, during these times, it was Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi who came to the rescue.

Occasionally, the roars of demonic beasts could be heard close to the cave. Other than this, it was dead silence most of the time.

As Huang Xiaolong cultivated on the Purple Crystal Cold Jade, he could feel the movement of a colossal Tenth Order God Realm demonic beast. Because there was Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi helping him conceal his presence, he wasn't worried that these demonic beasts would be able to detect him.

It was a quiet night. As time passed, the morning rays appeared, chasing away the darkness.

Huang Xiaolong walked out from the cave. Taking a second to determine the direction, he continued to travel deeper into the forest on his sword.

Because the White Flame Divine Armor he had on was the color of white snow, blending in with the surroundings, it was difficult to discern Huang Xiaolong's movements from afar. On top of that, the lack of energy fluctuations once again paved a rather smooth passage through the Hailstone Forest for Huang Xiaolong.

As Huang Xiaolong continued flying toward a certain direction, he suddenly sensed powerful energy fluctuations up ahead.

"It came from the treasure's location. It seems like those six people came for the same treasure and attracted the nearby demonic beasts." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi urged with glee, "Go, let's take a look."

Huang Xiaolong flew forward for a short distance before changing to the Godly Mt. Xumi as a precaution, continuing forward slowly, getting closer to the treasure's location.

The closer he was, the more horrifying the energy shockwaves grew, each wave seemed to surpass the one before. Snow-covered mountain cracked and crumbled one after another.

Chapter 587: Venturing In To The Hailstone Treasure

A short while later, Huang Xiaolong finally reached the source of the powerful energy fluctuations he sensed earlier. The two battling parties were just like Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi predicted, the group of six people and the demonic beasts of Hailstone Forest.

Amongst the six people, the tall thin young man from the Azure Dragon Institute, which Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi pointed out as the strongest, was persistently flicking strange shining symbols toward the void in front of him. Colorful lights rippled ceaselessly in the void, he was seemingly in the midst of breaking the protective formation, while the other five people were dealing with eight demonic beasts.

These eight demonic beasts were no doubt a headache to deal with, as the weakest of them was a mid-Tenth Order God Realm.

Even so, both sides were equally matched.

"The formation protecting the treasure is about to break. Once it breaks, sneak in quickly!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was unable to hide the delight in his voice.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, concealing himself as he waited for the right time.

The battle before him continued.

Roughly an hour later, a thunderous roar resounded from the horizon. Clearly, the vigorous battle had alerted other powerful demonic beasts.

"Senior Brother Lu Cong!" One of the Azure Dragon Institute men couldn't resist urging toward the tall thin man who was breaking the formation. "We won't be able to hold them back much longer!"

They could barely manage to fight eight demonic beasts, however, if another one came to join the fray, they had no choice but to retreat.

Although a treasure was extremely tempting, it was on the prerequisite that they were alive to enjoy it.

Lu Cong's face turned gloomy. The formation breaking had been progressing smoothly, but he didn't expect the burst of energy fluctuations close to the end to attract even more of the surrounding demonic beasts.

However, he only needed another half an hour to break the formation. Half an hour's time, he wasn't about to give up when success was so close that he could almost taste it at the tip of his tongue.

Determination glimmered in his eyes. In the next second, his entire body shone with a blinding light as he opened his mouth and read out a string of unintelligible gray symbols.

Those gray symbols turned into streaks of golden light, which flew at rapid speed, crashing into the surface of the protective formation.

While this took place, the roar coming from the distant horizon grew increasingly near. Moments later, two gargantuan sized demonic beasts appeared in everyone's line of sight.

These two gargantuan newcomers were two great apes, apparently a pair of male and female, both exuding overwhelming momentum from their bodies.

Even Huang Xiaolong, who was hiding in the deep void inside the Godly Mt. Xumi, felt the tremendous pressure surging from the two great apes.

"Oh boy, it's actually two peak late-Tenth Order God Realm Immemorial Raging Heart Great Apes." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi smacked his lips in schadenfreude.

The six people's expressions turned grim in an instant. All six of them saw through these two great apes' origin and frightening power.

Lu Cong shot a quick glance in the direction of the treasure's protective formation, and a ruthless glint flickered in his eyes. His face flushed a bright red as he released a booming roar. An acoustic shockwave pierced through heaven and earth as if there was nothing left but this roar.

Before Huang Xiaolong's flabbergasted eyes, countless symbols crashed into the defense formation like angered tidal waves.

Rumble~~!

Finally, a blinding light exploded in the perimeter of the treasure's protective formation and a black spacial hole appeared in their line of sight.

The treasure location's protective formation was finally broken!

Decisiveness flashed in Huang Xiaolong's eyes. Seizing this moment, he quickly had the Godly Mt. Xumi turn into a dust-sized particle that floated into the black hole in an instant.

"Enter!" Almost at the same time, Lu Cong hollered and was the first one to disappear into the black spacial hole. Joy flashed across the other five peoples' faces. Forcing back the surrounding demonic beasts, each of them swiftly flickered into the spacial hole.

When all five passed through, Lu Cong was waiting on the other side. His fingers forming signs and flicking out symbols into the black space hole, making it disappear.

On the other side of the Hailstone Forest, demonic beasts roared with endless fury.

The six wiped away the cold sweat on their foreheads, breathing out in huge relief.

"Any slower and we'd all be dead meat after those two Immemorial Raging Heart Great Apes arrived!" The Azure Dragon Institute's Ling Qingming forced a chuckle.

The Black Warrior Institute's Nie Yu scanned the Hailstone Treasure space. Spotting the grand palace structures atop of a peak, he broke into jubilant laughter, "This is the fabled Hailstone Treasure? Now, all of it belongs to us!"

The rest joined in the laughter, filled with a exuberant joy.

"Once we find the Highgod divine dragons' beast cores and refine them into Extreme Dragon Golden Pellets, our strengths will definitely soar. In the Highgod Advancement Tournament two hundred years later, the top ten will be monopolized by us!"

"Go!"

The six people flew at rapid speed toward the grand palace structures on the peak, leaving their jubilant laughter echoing in the air.

While the six of them were flying toward building on the mountain peak, Huang Xiaolong descended on another side of the mountain.

"Still thinking about the technique that the Azure Dragon Institute's thin young man used earlier?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi asked.

Huang Xiaolong nodded. Earlier, the soundwave attack move that young man used at the end to break the protective formation was extremely powerful. He was pondering about this.

"It is the Ten Thousand Words Dharani, the ultimate technique of an ancient sect called Ten Thousand Words Scholarly Gate. According to rumors, if one learned all ten thousand characters, its power could shake heaven and earth. There probably wouldn't be any rival in the four galaxies, however, if I'm not mistaken, that Azure Dragon young man has only mastered three thousand characters at most."

Huang Xiaolong was taken aback. This Ten Thousand Words Dharani technique was so tyrannical? Learning all ten thousand characters would enable one to swagger in all four galaxies with no rival?

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "Many ancient sects' cultivation techniques were lost in the river of time, I didn't expect to see this Ten Thousand Words Dharani appear again. Little Huang brat, if you're really going to participate in the coming Highgod Advancement Tournament, this young man would be your number one rival."

Huang Xiaolong's expression grew serious and somber, but he nodded, agreeing with Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's comment.

Whether it was that powerful young man or the other five people, all of them were tough opponents in the tournament.

"In fact, this Hailstone Treasure is a dwelling left behind by an ancient sect." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, "It was called the Hailstone Holy Sect. More than a hundred thousand years ago, its name resounded throughout the four galaxies, to the extent where all four institute principals were wary of it. Its sect founder was an ice element divine dragon, and under him were all formidable ice element demonic beasts. Of course, there were also many humans that practiced ice element techniques."

This information astounded Huang Xiaolong, it never crossed his mind that the Hailstone Treasure would be a ruin of an ancient sect, one that even the four top institutes were wary of. Just from this statement alone, he could imagine how powerful the Hailstone Holy Sect was back in the day.

"It's just that the sect provoked too many parties, the four galaxies' super forces joined hands and sieged the sect, ending in its destruction." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi sighed, pausing for a moment before continuing, "Highgod divine dragon beast core, sacred grade divine pellets, all of these should be inside the Hailstone Holy Sect's treasure vault, we must now hurry and locate the treasure vault before the others."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes took a quick glance at his surroundings. Undulating mountain ranges weaved out for thousands of li and the countless palaces scattered like mushrooms after rain evoked a wry smile on his face, how was he supposed to search for the treasure vault in this situation?

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice sounded, "It may be difficult for the six of them to locate the treasure vault, but it is an easy matter for you because you possess the True Dragon Physique. On top of that, you cultivate in the Treasure Dragon Protective Shield Art. Try to sense the dragon qi. The place with the highest concentration of dragon qi should be the location of the treasure vault."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes brightened, immediately understanding the meaning of Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's words. A Highgod Realm divine dragon's beast core definitely contained abundant pure dragon qi, others might not be able to sense it, but Huang Xiaolong's True Dragon Physique could.

Immediately, Huang Xiaolong activated the Treasure Dragon Protective Shield Art, allowing the formation inside his body to appear.

"It's inside one of the buildings on the mountain up ahead!" A while later, Huang Xiaolong's eyes lit up.

Chapter 588: He Won't Get Away

Huang Xiaolong turned into a streak of light, flying toward a peak further in the distance. Ten minutes later, his feet touched the ground at mid-mountain level.

This particular mountain peak wasn't as tall as the others in the proximity. Weeds grew tall around large and small stone boulders carelessly piled on the ground. If it weren't for Huang Xiaolong sensing the dragon qi in this particular spot, it would never have crossed his mind that the Hailstone Holy Sect's treasure vault was located in such an inconspicuous small mountain.

With some help from Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi, Huang Xiaolong swiftly arrived at the inner parts of the mountain.

In a short span of time, Huang Xiaolong was already a hundred zhang beneath the mountain, standing in front of the Hailstone Treasure vault's doors.

The Hailstone Treasure vault's doors were thirty meters tall and ten meters wide, made of a material unknown to Huang Xiaolong. The surface of the doors was inscribed with many different symbols that resembled ancient demonic beasts, or ancient talisman symbols if one looked from another angle, and they even looked as if they were depicting the scene of a battlefield.

At the center of the treasure vault doors, there was an obvious dent where a key was supposed to go.

Huang Xiaolong stared dumbly at the treasure vault doors, a helpless smile emerging on his face. Well, he found the treasure vault, but he had no key, what was he going to do now? For a powerful prominent sect like the Hailstone Holy Sect, the restrictions placed around its treasure vault were undeniably strong, striking off the option of breaking into the vault by brute force. Even if brute force could be used, the energy fluctuations would no doubt attract that six people over here. That in itself was another kind of trouble.

"First move the treasure vault away!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi seriously said. "You can think about breaking through the restrictions later."

Huang Xiaolong was stumped, was this also a method? He laughed at himself, moving the whole treasure vault away? That was easier said than done.

"I'll help you suppress the restrictions on the treasure vault. With your strength, it shouldn't be too hard to move the treasure vault away."

Huang Xiaolong hesitated. Even if he could take away the treasure vault, it would surely cause the whole mountain to shake in a big way, that would certainly draw that six people's' attention.

"What are you hesitating like a girl for? Even if those six people really rush over, there's still me, what's there to be afraid of?!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was running low on patience, "Quick, those six people will come searching this area very soon!"

With that said, Huang Xiaolong threw away his hesitation and stood in front of the treasure vault doors. The true immortal essence in his dantian roared madly, then he stuck both of his palms right onto the doors, pulling it up as if he was uprooting a tree.

Light shimmered around the treasure vault as the restrictions were triggered. Just as a terrifying force prepared to attack Huang Xiaolong, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's sturdy claws slammed down, an even stronger dragon force tyrannically suppressed the treasure vault's restrictions.

Boom!

As Huang Xiaolong exerted force in a lifting action, the entire treasure vault shook violently, spreading out to the surface of the mountain.

Despite the far distance, the mountain's abnormal tremors inevitably attracted the six people's attention. All six people hastily turned around, gazing in the direction of the small mountain.

"What is happening over there?!" Azure Dragon Institute's Li Qingming exclaimed in surprise.

At this time, another strong tremor was felt.

"Someone else snuck in?!" A cold gleam flickered in Lu Cong's eyes.

"Go over there!"

All six people turned into streaks of light, rushing over toward the mountain Huang Xiaolong was in at breakneck speed.

In the inner part of the mountain, Huang Xiaolong let out a shout, both black and blue twin dragons flew out, enhancing Huang Xiaolong's strength. The treasure vault seemed to loosen slightly, but it was still stuck to the mountain.

"Forget it, let me." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, the Dragon Pearl released a brilliant light as streams of dragon essence force surged out, traveling along Huang Xiaolong's arms.

With Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's help, the treasure vault finally began to move upward.

The whole mountain trembled as if there was a fierce beast that was about to escape from inside the mountain.

Even from afar, Lu Cong's group could see the mountain Huang Xiaolong was at shaking vigorously, seemingly without reason, slightly baffling them. Their movements slowed down due to hesitation.

In that split second of hesitation, the mountain peak suddenly exploded. The six people saw a black-haired young man carrying a giant square treasure box the size of a small hill, shooting out from the crumbling mountain.

Six pairs of eyes widened in shock.

"That... is the Hailstone Treasure?!"

Delighted, all six people lunged toward Huang Xiaolong in a flash, but before they could do anything else, the Dragon Pearl glimmered in a dazzling light as Huang Xiaolong put the Hailstone Treasure away in the Dragon Pearl's space.

In an instant, Huang Xiaolong was surrounded by the six people.

Earlier, all their attention was on the Hailstone Treasure, and due to the distance, none of them paid any attention to the Black Warrior Institute inner disciple robe on Huang Xiaolong. Now that they were closer, all of them were surprised to a certain degree looking at the robe on Huang Xiaolong.

The Black Warrior Institute's Grand Elder Nie Yu recovered promptly from his surprise. Scrutinizing Huang Xiaolong, he snapped crudely, "Impetuous! As a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple, why aren't you kneeling in salute seeing three Grand Elders before you!"

According to the Black Warrior Institute's rules, any outer disciples and inner disciples were required to kneel in salute upon meeting a Grand Elder.

Huang Xiaolong merely sneered at his words, "Grand Elder? Working in cahoots with people from Azure Dragon Institute, according to Black Warrior Institute's rules, not only will you be stripped off your Grand Elder status, you're to be subjected to severe punishment."

Although both the Black Warrior and Azure Dragon Institutes were under the Vientiane Divine World Surface's jurisdiction, the two institutes had always been at odds with each other, the competition between them never ceased, neither did the conflicts.

Nie Yu and the other two Black Warrior Institute Grand Elders' expressions tightened, killing intent flitted across their pupils.

Black Warrior Institute's Grand Elder Zhao Lufei shook his head with a disdainful sneer, "Brat, you think you'd be able to leave here in one piece? I'll give you a choice, obediently hand over the Hailstone Treasure vault and we shall give you a painless quick death. Of course, if you think you're able to escape, you can choose to escape, however, I advise you not to do so, or you will wish you were dead!"

Lu Cong's icy voice sounded: "No need to speak so much nonsense, just kill him off directly."

Zhao Lufei and the other Black Warrior Institute Grand Elders looked at Nie Yu.

Nie Yu nodded.

Regardless of anything else, this inner disciple couldn't leave here alive. Even if the Black Warrior Institute conducted an investigation, it wouldn't involve them in any way. Even if it did, they could just simply use the excuse that the inner disciple was rebelling, thus they punished him. With the three Grand Elders' status, the institute naturally wouldn't pursue the matter too deeply.

Nie Yu, Zhao Lufei, and the other Grand Elder did not recognize Huang Xiaolong because he changed his facial features with his immortal essence force, otherwise, knowing that Huang Xiaolong was the Institute principal's personal disciple, they'd still feel a minimum amount of apprehension killing Huang Xiaolong.

Seeing Nie Yu nod, Zhao Lufei turned his attention back to Huang Xiaolong. His palm struck out through the void without a word.

Wind blades rose with the palm force, accompanied by the sound of muffled air blasts.

But, just as Zhao Lufei's attack was about to hit Huang Xiaolong, the six of them saw his forehead shine brightly, releasing a horrifying destructive power.

Startled, all six of them flew backward in retreat.

By the time they looked again in Huang Xiaolong's direction, he had already vanished without a trace.

"This?!" Lu Cong rushed to the spot where Huang Xiaolong stood earlier, his face ugly.

"What happened? Impossible, that little punk, how can he vanish? How did he escape?!" Nie Yu yelled in anger and disbelief, "Search! We absolutely must find that damn punk, we cannot let him get away!"

"He won't get away!" Lu Cong said with a cold glint in his eyes, "To leave the Hailstone Treasure space, one must know the method to open the restrictions, he's definitely still here somewhere!"

Chapter 589: Opening the Hailstone Treasure

When the five people heard Lu Cong say that Huang Xiaolong wouldn't be able to leave unless he knew the secret method of opening the restriction, their tension slightly eased.

"We'll split up and search, we must absolutely dig out that damn punk!" The Black Warrior Institute Grand Elder Nie Yu hissed through his teeth, a grim expression on his face.

Zhao Lufei and the rest nodded their heads in agreement, flying off in different directions without another word, while Lu Cong's silhouette appeared above the mountain where the Hailstone Treasure used to be in a flicker. His eyes were chillingly cold. How did that Black Warrior Institute inner disciple hide himself from their spiritual sense detection and entered this Hailstone space? Most importantly, how did he find the Hailstone Treasure?

What baffled him even more was how that inner disciple blocked Zhao Lufei's attack. Despite being the weaker one amongst the six of them, Zhao Lufei was still a genuine peak mid-Tenth Order God Ream.

Lu Cong and the rest split up to search for Huang Xiaolong, adamant to find him even if they had to dig six feet under. Meanwhile, out on the other side in the Hailstone Forest, a soft light glimmered, revealing Huang Xiaolong's silhouette.

Huang Xiaolong breathed out in relief having fled from the Hailstone Treasure space.

All six on the other side were formidable Tenth Order God Realm masters, and although Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was a Highgod Realm master, being bound to the Dragon Pearl, there was no guarantee he'd be able to kill all six people. Therefore, Huang Xiaolong heeded Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's advice. Leaving the Hailstone Treasure space and finding a safe place to break the restrictions on the treasure vault was more important than anything else.

"The six people inside are probably close to going berserk by now." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi chuckled, "The Hailstone Treasure was right in front of them, but in the end, it was taken away by an unknown swift-footed Black Warrior Institute inner disciple."

Huang Xiaolong flashed a sheepish smile, "Let's leave the Hailstone Mainland first." If those six people realized that Huang Xiaolong had actually left the Hailstone Treasure space, they'd probably keep a hawk's eye on the Hailstone Mainland's transmission array. At that time, it would be much more troublesome to leave.

Controlling the Godly Mt Xumi, Huang Xiaolong made his way back to the Hailstone Mainland's transmission array. When his feet once again touched the Cloudsea Mainland's soil, the last shred of worry finally disappeared from his mind.

Changing back his facial features, Huang Xiaolong made a trip to Changzhi City's Divine Fort Residence to visit his family before returning to his Yard No.1 in the Black Warrior Institute's Misty Rain Mountain Range to enter closed-door practice.

After contemplating the matter over several times, Huang Xiaolong decided against telling his Master Feng Yang about Grand Elder Nie Yu and other two Grand Elders' secret collusion with the Azure Dragon Institute. If that matter was revealed, the news of him getting the Hailstone Treasure would also be exposed. At that time, Nie Yu and the others would definitely lock on to him. Though they might not do anything on the surface, arrows released from the dark were hard to avoid, especially when they came one after another.

After all, they knew Huang Xiaolong by another face, thus he wasn't afraid that their investigation would lead to him in any way.

The restrictions placed around the Hailstone treasure vault far exceeded Huang Xiaolong's current ability to break, however, with Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi around, it was a different matter. Then again, it still took Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi a full month before he managed to successfully break all the restrictions placed on it.

The moment the treasure vault was opened, Huang Xiaolong came face to face with mountains of divine grade spirit pellets that saw no end, winding mountains of Xuanwu coins, peaks after peaks of piled up divine and saint grade spirit stones, he was dumbstruck.

Endless mountains of spirit pellets, an inexhaustible amount of Xuanwu coins, countless spirit stones and elixirs.

"Haha, cat got your tongue, right?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi laughed proudly, "From the outside, the Hailstone treasure vault doesn't seem big, but in fact, this Hailstone Treasure vault's space was expanded many times over by Highgod Realm masters using their divine law. The Hailstone Holy Sect was a prominent sect tens of thousands of years ago, how could its treasure vault be any less than this?"

Huang Xiaolong swallowed audibly.

Although he could condense spirit stones and he did not lack money, he was still shocked by the richness displayed in front of his eyes. Staring at the piles and piles of Xuanwu coins that stretched for miles, his eyes widened. How many were there exactly? This amount could no longer be summed up using billions, was it a trillion? Or ten trillion? Perhaps, a hundred trillion?

And those divine grade pellets, there were probably no less than a trillion pellets? The mountains of saint grade spirit stones, another trillion?

On another side, there were armors and weapons piled into several hundred small hills.

Despite having yet to determine the durability of these armors, he could tell at a glance that these were no common stuff. At the very least, they reached divine grade. Some were even better than the White Flame Divine Armor that he bought.

Huang Xiaolong's breathing inevitably quickened.

"If any of the super forces or families got their hands on the Hailstone Treasure, their strength as a whole would increase at least twofold." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, "If it was a first rank force, they could develop into a new super force within a few hundred years' time. Little Huang brat, with this Hailstone Treasure, you can even raise your own army and squander as you like."

Huang Xiaolong laughed, "What use do I have in raising an army? However, one thing is right, with so many Xuanwu coins, I can squander them as I please." Forget buying a few properties, he could now afford to buy an entire city in the Cloudsea Mainland.

In a flicker, Huang Xiaolong arrived above one of the divine grade spirit pellet mountains. Taking a quick glance, he headed toward a pile of spirit pellets that were white as snow.

Huang Xiaolong had seen his fair share of divine grade spirit pellets, but this was his first time seeing ones white as snow.

"These are the Hailstone Holy Sect's Hailstone Divine Pills, their effect is several times greater than the institute's Black Warrior Greater Strength Pellets," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "You can give them to your family, but I must say, although its effect is several times better, it is still not a sacred grade divine pellet. But that pile up ahead is."

Huang Xiaolong raised his head to look, flying toward it with a light tap of his foot.

"Three Revolutions Golden Pill." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi clucked his tongue, "These Three Revolutions Golden Pills are valuable even amongst sacred grade divine pellets, they were extremely sought-after during the ancient primordial era. Kid, you've struck the jackpot!"

"The quantity is a bit low." Huang Xiaolong commented. There was only a small pile of Three Revolutions Golden Pills, about fifty to sixty thousand pellets.

"Little?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was rendered speechless, "You think the sacred grade divine pellets in this world can simply be refined when half asleep? This pile of fifty to sixty thousand Three Revolutions Golden Pills are priceless, just like the sacred grade immortal spirit stones, they aren't something you can buy with money."

Other than the Three Revolutions Golden Pills, the rest were divine grade spirit pellets. Although delighted, Huang Xiaolong was also a bit disappointed at the same time. At the edge of these mountains of divine grade spirit pellets, Huang Xiaolong found eleven Highgod Realm divine dragon beast cores and quite a number of Tenth Order God Realm beast cores.

"Even though your True Dragon Physique is very tough, a Highgod Realm divine dragon beast core's demonic essence energy might prove to be too much to bear. I'd advise you to refine these Tenth Order God Realm beast cores first. Wait till you break through to Fourth Order God Realm, it won't be too late to refine these Highgod Realm divine dragon beast cores then."

Huang Xiaolong nodded, taking Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's advice, and began refining the Tenth Order God Realm beast cores.

Chapter 590: Problem Arises!

Without delay, Huang Xiaolong picked up an early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragon beast core and began refining it. Even though Huang Xiaolong picked an early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragon beast core, the demonic essence energy contained inside was daunting. It swirled like a neverending vortex, vigorously rushing through Huang Xiaolong's body, giving him a sensation like his body was on the verge of exploding in the next second.

Pain!

Excruciating pain!

This was the only feeling that occupied his entire being at this moment.

If this demonic essence energy wasn't first refined by the Dragon Pearl, even if Huang Xiaolong's True Dragon Physique was ten times stronger than it was now, he would still be hard-pressed trying to refine the demonic essence energy contained inside an early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragon's beast core.

Despite the terror of the potent energy, every strand that Huang Xiaolong managed to absorb strengthened his True Dragon Physique by a point, providing comfort from the pain.

Hence, it could be said that Huang Xiaolong was hovering between torture and happiness.

At Huang Xiaolong's current strength, refining a mid-Second Order God Realm beast core was merely a matter of two breaths' time. On the other hand, refining an early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragon's beast core was another matter altogether, it took him a good half a month!

Half a month later, Huang Xiaolong finally finished absorbing that beast core. Prior to refining it, his cultivation was already at peak mid-Second Order God Realm, but he finally advanced to late-Second Order God Realm. At the same time, his True Dragon Physique was much tougher and resilient than before.

After the first early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragon beast core, Huang Xiaolong continued with a second beast core.

Because the founder of the Hailstone Holy Sect was an ice divine dragon, many of its subordinates and the sect's important figures mostly consisted of demonic beast of draconic origin. Hence, these Tenth Order God Realm beast cores originated from divine dragons.

After advancing to late-Second Order God Realm, refining a Tenth Order God Realm beast core was slightly less torturous compared to the first time. Even so, the excruciating pain was real.

The passage of time flowed by.

From the second early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragon beast core, he moved on to the third, the fourth, the fifth, so on and so forth.

In the blink of an eye, three months had passed.

By the end of three months, after refining the seventh early Tenth Order God Realm beast core, Huang Xiaolong's strength grew again, reaching peak late-Second Order God Realm. But his advancement speed only brought a wry smile to his face, this True Dragon Physique of his was truly a bottomless pit. It mystified him greatly that after refining seven early Tenth Order God Realm divine dragons' beast cores, he had only advanced from peak mid-Second Order to peak late-Second Order God Realm.

The amount of demonic essence energy contained inside a beast core, given to any other Second Order God Realm master, it would be enough to propel them to Third Order God Realm. And seven beast cores were more than sufficient to aid anyone in breaking through to Fourth Order God Realm.

Unfortunately, he didn't even manage to advance to Third Order God Realm. Merely attempting to break through to Third Order God Realm was this difficult, later on when he proceeded to enter the high-level God Realm, this issue would only be magnified a hundredfold.

As for the Highgod Realm, how much energy did he need to refine, what about the laws that he needed to comprehend?

A bitter smile surfaced after a short bout of vexation, he could only continue to refine Tenth Order God Realm beast cores. Luckily, Tenth Order God Realm beast cores were not short in supply inside the Hailstone Treasure vault. Over a hundred pieces were sufficient to last Huang Xiaolong a period of time.

When the early Tenth Order God Realm beast cores were finished, he proceeded with mid-Tenth Order God Realm beast cores. Things progressed in the same manner, and five months swiftly passed.

Two days before the Black Warrior Auction House's annual auction was scheduled to begin, Huang Xiaolong finally stepped into Third Order God Realm!

From half-step God Realm to Third Order God Realm in less than five years. Even Huang Xiaolong himself could hardly believe his rapid cultivation speed.

No doubt, if the news of Huang Xiaolong's advancement to Third Order God Realm was made known, it would raise another great wave throughout the Black Tortoise Galaxy. From the time Huang Xiaolong participated in the outer disciples' assessment where he defeated Wang Biaoyuan until now, only a little more than a year had passed.

One day before the Black Warrior Auction House's annual auction, after stabilizing his cultivation, Huang Xiaolong exited his closed-door practice, coming out from the Yard No.1. From there, he headed toward his Master Feng Yang's manor.

When Huang Xiaolong arrived at Feng Yang's manor, the first word the latter said upon seeing Huang Xiaolong was, "You kid are always hiding away in closed-door cultivation, one can't even find your shadow. Even for me, your Master, wanting to see you is a difficult matter."

Huang Xiaolong scratched his head sheepishly.

"Your Eldest Senior Apprentice-brother must have told you about the upcoming inner disciple assessment, the Azure Dragon Institute will be sending some of their inner disciples over to spectate." Feng Yang entered into a serious topic, no longer teasing Huang Xiaolong.

Nodding his head, Huang Xiaolong affirmed, "Eldest Senior Apprentice-brother did mention it."

"There's still four years time till the next inner disciple assessment," Feng Yang stated with a slight frown between his brows, "time is too short." A flash of worry flitted across his eyes.

Despite admitting that this youngest disciple of his was extremely talented, always managing to surprise him and everyone, Feng Yang was still doubtful that Huang Xiaolong could defeat that bunch of freaks from the Azure Dragon Institute.

Knowing the crux of his Master's worry, Huang Xiaolong reassured him confidently, "Master, don't worry, your disciple will not disappoint you."

Feng Yang was momentarily stunned seeing the brimming confidence on Huang Xiaolong's face. His anxiety eased a little, smiling as he said, "You're so confident? The Azure Dragon Institute's inner disciple leader, Xiang Mingzhi, will also be present, although I don't know his real strength, a few years ago, he killed an early Fifth Order God Realm master."

Huang Xiaolong had an expression of extreme indifference as he replied, "In the coming four years, I will strive to improve my cultivation."

Feng Yang laughed with ease, "Very good then, but you need not give yourself too much pressure. The inner disciple assessment four years later will be held in our territory, that Xiang Mingzhi won't dare injure you gravely." Even though Huang Xiaolong was confident, inwardly, Feng Yang still couldn't see the possibility of Huang Xiaolong defeating Xiang Mingzhi four years later.

Knowing that his Master Feng Yang still had doubts, Huang Xiaolong let the matter rest for now as he changed the subject, "Master, any news of Senior Crazy Lady?"

The reason he took out the sacred grade immortal spirit stone for auction was mainly to lure out the fugacious Senior Crazy Lady. If she didn't show up, there was no point to this time's auction.

Feng Yang admitted, "There is yet any news of her as of now, but I have a feeling she will definitely show up in tomorrow's auction."

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Subsequently, he asked Feng Yang about some issues related to cultivation that he had come across. Both Master and disciple talked for a while before Huang Xiaolong excused himself, leaving Feng Yang's manor. He made his way to the North Star Square, taking the transmission array to Black Warrior City.

Because it was the eve of the Black Warrior Auction House's annual auction, Black Warrior City was many times livelier than usual. The appearance of a sacred grade immortal spirit stone had attracted many masters from all corners of the galaxy, there were even some coming from the faraway Azure Dragon, White Tiger, and Vermillion Bird galaxies.

The Black Warrior City's spacious wide streets felt crowded compared to normal days.

Walking out from the transmission array, Huang Xiaolong headed straight toward the Divine Fort Residence in Changzhi City.

Arriving at the Divine Fort Residence, Huang Xiaolong took out the Hailstone Divine Pills, distributing them to his parents, Shi Xiaofei, Blessed Buddha Emperor, Duanren Emperor, and the rest. Each person received a hundred pills.

One hundred Hailstone Divine Pills were enough to last his parents, Shi Xiaofei, and the rest a good couple of years or so.

However, his younger brother, nephew, sister, and a few others were not in the residence. According to Huang Peng, the lot of them ran outside since morning and had yet to return.

"Family Head, it's bad!" Just as Huang Xiaolong finished distributing the Hailstone Divine Pills to his parents, Zhao Shu was seen running in in a flustered manner. When he spotted Huang Xiaolong, the words blurted out by reflex, "Sovereign, Third Young Master and the others are in trouble!"

The Third Young Master that Zhao Shu was referring to was Huang Xiaohai.

"In trouble?!" Everyone's hearts sank to the bottom.

Chapter 591: Hate Being Threatened The Most

"What happened?!" Huang Xiaolong's heart sank too, having a bad premonition even before Zhao Shu spoke.

"Just now, Third Young Master got into a clash with a young man named Jiang Wei'en inside a carrier." Zhao Shu spoke urgently, " That Jiang Wei'en gravely wounded Third Young Master and the others!"

Gravely wounded!

Huang Xiaolong's expression darkened as he jumped to his feet: "Quickly, lead me over there now."

Huang Peng, Su Yan, and the others also stood up, agitated.

"Father, Mother, wait for my word here in the Divine Fort Residence." Huang Xiaolong insisted, "Me going over is enough, don't worry, nothing will happen to third brother and the others."

Huang Peng and Su Yan still wanted to follow, however, they relented in the end, listening to Huang Xiaolong's persuasion to wait for his news in the Divine Fort Residence. Both were aware that they wouldn't be able to help with anything even if they went over, rather, they might even make things worse for Huang Xiaolong.

Soon, Zhao Shu and Huang Xiaolong rushed out of the Divine Fort Residence, speeding off in the direction of the Riding Wind Carrier.

On the way, Zhao Shu briefly described the head and tails of the matter to Huang Xiaolong. Because Huang Xiaohai and that Jiang Wei'en young man took a liking to a Nine Phoenix Carriage at the same time, conflict aroused. Angered, that Jiang Wei'en suddenly attacked Huang Xiaohai, Guo Fan, and the others.

"The other side made the first move?" Huang Xiaolong's asked with iciness in his eyes.

"Yes." Zhao Shu nodded.

Huang Xiaolong's expression was akin to a storm waiting to unleash.

Daring to attack within the Changzhi City, ignoring the Cloudsea Mainland's fundamental rule, this Jiang Wei'en, without a doubt, was a Jiang Family disciple.

Amongst the twenty-three ranks of the Black Tortoise Galaxy's super forces, the Jiang Family's forces stood within the top five.

While Huang Xiaolong was rushing over to the Riding Wind Carrier, Workshop, inside the workshop's building, Jiang Wei'en was seated down on a grand chair, peering loftily over Huang Xiaohai's group lying on the ground.

"Bumpkins that don't know the rules." The steward behind Jiang Wei'en, Gu Yun, looked at Huang Xiaohai's group with a gaze thick with contempt, "Xiantian? Saint realm? On this Cloudsea Mainland, its equivalent to the existence of lowly slaves, you actually dare to fight over a carrier with our Young Lord?"

Huang Xiaohai wiped away the blood from the corner of his mouth. His chest was throbbing with pain, yet it did not reduce the anger in his eyes one bit as he glowered at the other party, "You actually dare to attack inside Changzhi City? Aren't you afraid of the city's law?!"

"Rules?" Jiang Wei'en stood up, together with his steward Gu Yun, both broke out in raucous laughter, "In this Changzhi City, my word is law. This Changzhi City belongs to our Jiang Family, the current Changzhi City Castellan is none other than my Uncle. Who do you think my Uncle will believe, you or me?"

Huang Xiaohai, Guo Xiaofan, Huang Min, and Guo Fan paled. They did not expect this Changzhi City's Castellan to be this young man Jiang Wei'en's biological Uncle.

In fact, Huang Xiaohai, Huang Min, and the rest understood that the so-called laws were relative. Regardless of the place, laws and rules were insignificant and non-existent before certain people.

Jiang Wei'en took note of the changes on Huang Xiaohai's face, as well as the others, and he was emboldened. Approaching Huang Xiaohai with a proud, wide grin, he suddenly raised his foot and stomped down on Huang Xiaohai's left hand, exerting more force than necessary.

A scream escaped Huang Xiaohai's throat.

"Little Uncle!" "Third brother!" Guo Xiaofan and Huang Min both cried out.

Jiang Wei'en felt even more complacent, raising his foot again, this time stomping on Huang Xiaohai's right hand.

Another tragic scream came from Huang Xiaohai.

"What are you, you dare compete with me?" Jiang Wei'en sneered, turning toward his steward Gu Yun, "Break their Qi Sea, cripple their meridians, then throw them out on the streets."

Gu Yun hesitated, saying, "Young Lord, should we check these several people's background?" Inwardly, he thought it was unlikely for several small Xiantian realm ants to not have any background. Due to his cautious nature, he felt more assured checking.

Jiang Wei'en waved his hand, unconcerned in the least, "Just a few Saint realm and lower garbage, what background can they have? Even the feet-washing slave at my side is stronger than these people by a thousand times. Even if they do have a little background, can it compare to our Jiang Family?"

Coming across this matter, the other side had no other option but swallow and endure, there was no way they'd risk offending their Jiang Family.

Although Jiang Wei'en was proud of his identity, he dared not kill Huang Xiaohai and the ones with him. After all, there was a distinction between teaching a lesson and killing, despite believing that nothing would happen to him even if he did kill this bunch of garbage. But if words of a murder inside Changzhi City leaked out, it would stain their Jiang Family's reputation.

Riding Wind Carrier Workshop's owner, Zhang Shaosheng, was standing some distance away. Seeing that Jiang Wei'en wanted to cripple Huang Xiaohai's group, he wanted to step up to stop him, but in the end, he failed to step up.

These several people were probably some small family's slaves. It wasn't worth it to offend Jiang Wei'en, a Jiang Family core disciple, for several slaves.

Gu Yun approached Huang Xiaohai in brisk steps, "You can only blame yourselves for being blind, offending our Young Lord." With that said, his palm struck out at Huang Xiaohai's chest, right above his Qi Sea.

Huang Xiaohai wailed from the pain.

Witnessing Huang Xiaohai's Qi Sea being broken right before their eyes, Guo Xiaofan and Huang Min's eyes were wide with fury.

"My Big Uncle definitely won't spare you lot!" Guo Xiaofan roared at the top of his lungs, glaring at Jiang Wei'en and Gu Yun with menace: "My Big Uncle will absolutely kill all of you, kill all of you!"

If the looks from Guo Xiaofan could kill, Jiang Wei'en and Gu Yun would have probably died a thousand times.

Jiang Wei'en snickered hearing those words, "Big Uncle? Hehe, I'm~ so~ scared." The ridicule in his voice was obvious. A mere Xiantian, a measly existence no different than the ants crawling on the ground, how strong could that so-called Big Uncle of his be?

"My Big Uncle is Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple!" Guo Xiaofan roared at Jiang Wei'en.

Everyone was stunned.

Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple?

Jiang Wei'en's brows scrunched together, but a beat later, he sneered, "No wonder you dare to compete with this Young Lord, but you were just relying on a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple? Hehe, you think this Young Lord would be afraid of a measly Black Warrior Institute inner disciple?!" At this point, Jiang Wei'en was standing right in front of Guo Xiaofan, his leg suddenly kicked out right at Guo Xiaofan's Qi Sea.

As Guo Xiaofan screamed, his body flew out, sliding over the ground.

"Xiaofan!" Huang Min screamed shrilly.

Jiang Wei'en sneered, "This Young Lord hates being threatened the most, death-seeking reckless idiot, he actually dared to use an insignificant Black Warrior inner disciple to threaten me? Continue, break their Qi Seas and cripple their meridians. I would really like to see that fart of a Black Warrior Institute inner disciple 'Big Uncle' dare to come save them."

Gu Yun and several subordinates stepped forward. In a short few moments, they dealt with Huang Xiaohai, Guo Xiaofan, and the rest's Qi Seas and meridians. All crippled and shattered.

"Throw them out on the streets." Jiang Wei'en casually waved his hand.

Gu Yun and several others acknowledged, throwing out Huang Xiaohai's group as instructed.

"Young Lord, are we returning now?" Gu Yun asked.

Jiang Wei'en waved his hand again, saying, "There's no hurry, it's not every day that I come across something this interesting. We'll wait here for their so-called Big Uncle." Finished saying that, he really sat down, picking up a cup of tea and sipping in leisure, "This tea is not bad." He praised, smacking his lips.

With Zhao Shu leading, Huang Xiaolong reached the Riding Wind Carrier Workshop.

Seeing the large crowd surrounding the Riding Wind workshop, pointing here and there, a strong unease surfaced in Huang Xiaolong's heart.

Chapter 592: I Shall Kill You First

Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu pushed through the sea of people, arriving at the front. Entering their eyes were Huang Xiaohai, Guo Xiaofan, Huang Min, and several others, wounded and bloodstained while being pointed at, listening to the loud whispers from the spectating crowd.

"Third Young Master!"

"Young Master Xiaofan!"

Zhao Shu rushed up, arriving beside them in large hurried strides as he called out their names in grief.

Huang Xiaolong was momentarily stunned to the point where he seemed rooted on the spot. In a split second, monstrous killing intent erupted like a furious tsunami in his heart seeing the bloodstained, unconscious Huang Xiaohai, and the others with him. His fists clenched so tight that his fingers were digging into his palm. Never had there been a time when Huang Xiaolong's killing intent was this strong, this terrifying, that he ever feel like taking someone's life to this extent!

Huang Xiaolong wasn't this furious even when he rushed back to Martial Spirit World from the Cloudsea Mainland and saw his parents, family, and subordinates injured by the two Ying Family masters. He could tell at a glance that his brother, Huang Xiaohai, sister Huang Min, his nephew Guo Xiaofan, and the others' Qi Seas and meridians were crippled.

KILL—!

KILL—! KILL—!

His eyes grew bloodshot, yet he restrained himself by taking a deep breath. He walked toward his younger brother Huang Xiaohai, sister Huang Min, and the others, feeding each of them a top divine grade spirit pellet before accurately stabbing a few acupoints on their bodies, stopping their condition from worsening.

"Big brother!" Huang Min, as well as the others, finally regained conscious albeit slightly unfocused, calling out weakly to Huang Xiaolong.

"Where's the one who did this?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

Just as Huang Xiaohai and Huang Min wanted to answer, a mocking sing-song voice sounded, "Hehe, so, you're that Black Warrior Institute inner disciple that they were relying on? I didn't expect you to really dare to show up."

Huang Xiaolong looked over his shoulder, watching a group of people walking out from the Riding Wind Carrier Workshop. Walking right in front of the group was a young man clad in a fine brocade robe.

Eyes narrowed to thin slits, Huang Xiaolong slowly got up, knowing without asking further that this was the culprit, the Jiang Family's disciple, Jiang Wei'en.

At this point, Zhao Shu had helped Huang Xiaohai and everyone else up on their feet, moving back to stand behind Huang Xiaolong.

Jiang Wei'en's group swaggered out, stopping arrogantly in front of Huang Xiaolong.

"You did this?" Huang Xiaolong gaze was glacial looking at Jiang Wen'en.

Having a mere Black Warrior Institute inner disciple dare speak to him in such questioning tone, the look in Jiang Wei'en's eyes grew cold. With a smile that didn't reach his eyes, he said, "Brat, there hasn't been anyone that had the guts to speak to me with such a tone. That's right, I did it. So what? What can you do, bite me? A little Black Warrior Institute inner disciple like you fantasizing to avenge your brother? Avenge your nephew?"

Jiang Wei'en and the guards behind him laughed in ridicule.

"Brat, let me tell you, our Young Lord is a Jiang Family's core disciple, and the current Jiang Family Patriarch is our Young Lord's grandfather." One of the Jiang Family guards prattled in a lofty manner: "And Changzhi City's Castellan is our Young Lord's uncle."

The spectating crowd reacted greatly to the guard's words.

"He's actually is the Jiang Family Patriarch's grandson!"

"Looks like this Black Warrior Institute inner disciple can only swallow this injustice!"

The surrounding whispers entered Jiang Wei'en's ears, boosting his ego further. Looking at Huang Xiaolong, he said, "Brat, if you want to take your brother away, you can. Since they think having a few extra coins qualifies them to compete with me, even having the guts to attack me without reason, you should get on your knees and apologize on their behalf."

Slander! Shameless slander!

Huang Xiaohai and the others with him glared angrily at Jiang Wei'en.

"Rubbish! We didn't start the fight!" Huang Xiaohai shouted furiously.

Huang Xiaolong lifted his hand, indicating Huang Xiaohai and the others to calm down as he remained composed looking at Jiang Wei'en: "Kneel down and apologize?"

Jiang Wei'en snobbishly added, "Before I change my mind, you..." But he didn't have the chance to finish his words for Huang Xiaolong disappeared in a flicker. By the time they caught sight of him again, his fist had accurately struck Jiang Wei'en Qi Sea

Jiang Wei'en didn't even have the time to register what was happening, let alone react. A long wail rendered the air as a human body was knocked into the air like a dead dog, crashing into the Riding Wind Carrier Workshop's front, its doors shattered into pieces.

The noisy whispering crowd went quiet all of a sudden.

"Young Lord!!" Gu Yun and the Jiang Family guards finally recovered from their shock, scrambling hastily to check Jiang Wei'en's condition.

"You, you dare to cripple our Young Lord's Qi Sea!" Gu Yun spun around, inexpressibly enraged as he glowered at Huang Xiaolong, his voice thundered in the street.

No one present expected Huang Xiaolong, a mere Black Warrior Institute inner disciple to actually dare to attack Jiang Wei'en. Not only did he attack, he even ruthlessly broke Jiang Wei'en's Qi Sea!

"Dare to cripple?" Huang Xiaolong was coldly indifferent, "So what if it's crippled?"

Gu Yun jumped to his feet, releasing his aura to the fullest: "Death seeking brat! Even if you're a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple, crippling our Young Lord's Qi Sea is a sin punishable by death!" Both of Gu Yun's palms was ember red like burning steel rods.

"Burning Fire Palm!" Gu Yun's palm struck out at Huang Xiaolong. Before the actual palm arrived, alarming waves of heat swept out at the crowd watching on the sides, who felt as if they had fallen into a high temperature stove.

Everyone swiftly retreated like the tides toward safety.

When Gu Yun felt his palm strike Huang Xiaolong's torso, a brutal light glinted in his eyes as he shouted: "Go die!"

"Big brother!" Huang Xiaohai and Huang Min cried out in worry.

Huang Xiaolong remained standing, his feet firmly on the ground. Looking at Gu Yun's palm sticking to his chest, a sneer appeared on Huang Xiaolong's face, "It seems like your Burning Fire Palm is lacking in heat."

The crowd was dumbfounded watching this scene.

"You!" Gu Yun was wide-eyed with shock looking at Huang Xiaolong.

'How could this be!' This was his first thought. He was a peak early Fourth Order master, how could an insignificant Black Warrior Institute inner disciple be fine after taking a head-on hit from his Burning Fire Palm?!

While these thoughts were racing through Gu Yun's head, a frightening energy rushed out from Huang Xiaolong's body.

Gu Yun's hands quivered as he was repelled, tumbling back in the air without the slightest resistance.

"Kill him!" Jiang Wei'en climbed up from the street floor, yelling madly toward the several Jiang Family guards at his side as he pointed at Huang Xiaolong: "I'll bear all the consequences!"

Without another word, those Jiang Family guards pounced on Huang Xiaolong in attack.

However, before these Jiang Family guards' attacks even reached Huang Xiaolong, they were sent flying at an even faster speed. It goes without saying, being able to become a Jiang Family's guard, these guards' strength wasn't weak at all, but then again, the strongest among them was only a Fourth Order God Realm. Even though they won in numbers, to Huang Xiaolong, it made no difference whether it was one person or ten people.

At Huang Xiaolong's current strength, he didn't need to soul transform nor use the Godly Xumi Art, he could easily defeat these Jiang Family guards.

Watching Huang Xiaolong knocking off all his guards like nothing, Jiang Wei'en felt as if a bucket of ice water doused over him from head to toe, extinguishing his hatred and killing intent.

At this moment, he finally understood that the strength of this Black Warrior Institute inner disciple in front of him had far exceeded his estimation.

Having settled the Jiang Family guards, Huang Xiaolong gradually approached Jiang Wei'en.

"You, y-you, what you want to do?!" Jiang Wei'en staggered frightfully.

"Since your Qi Sea is crippled, next are the meridians." Huang Xiaolong answered without a change in his expression.

"No!" Jiang Wei'en shouted loudly.

The Mulberry Sword appeared in Huang Xiaolong's hand. With a single flick, he cut all the meridians in Jiang Wei'en's body.

"My Jiang Family will not spare you!" Jiang Wei'en screamed shrilly, his voice piercing, "You won't be able to run away, everyone that has any relation with you, they won't be able to escape. There will never be a place in the Black Tortoise Galaxy that will accept you, you will die tragically, tragically!"

"Is that so?" Huang Xiaolong's expression gradually grew icy, the Mulberry Sword in his hand chopped down, cleanly cutting off Jiang Wei'en's left arm at the shoulder.

"In that case, I'll kill you first." Huang Xiaolong stated in a casual manner.

Chapter 593: A Life For A Life

When he heard Huang Xiaolong say that he would first kill him, Jiang Wei'en's deranged shouting about Huang Xiaolong's impending tragic death halted abruptly as his pupils dilated in fear, his remaining arm clutched at his left shoulder. Jiang Wei'en was trembling: "Don't!"

Huang Xiaolong raised his Mulberry Sword, a gentle tilt and Jiang Wei'en's right arm fell to the ground from his shoulder.

"I'll make sure you die tragically, horribly." Huang Xiaolong spoke softly as if he was speaking of an inconsequential matter. The Mulberry Sword in his hand glinted again as it sliced off one of Jiang Wei'en's legs.

The people spectating were stupefied, perturbed, and lastly, resigned to shaking their heads.

A mere Black Warrior Institute inner disciple actually dared to kill a direct lineage grandson of the Jiang Family's Patriarch?!

They could already foresee the tragic ending that this Black Warrior Institute inner disciple would suffer when the Jiang Family masters arrived, there was no way the institute would offend the Jiang Family for just one inner disciple.

Changzhi City's Castellan, Jiang Yongheng, was currently seated in the Castellan Manor's main hall, accompanying the Wang Family's Grand Elder, Wang Jingyuan, when a manor guard dashed inside in panic, "Lord Castellan, Young Master Jiang Wei'en's Qi Sea has been crippled by someone in Changzhi City!"

"What?!" Jiang Yongheng's face was stretched taut, jumping to his feet, he was already barraging: "Who is that person?"

The Wang Family's Grand Elder Wang Jingyuan was just as nonplussed by the mishap, what kind of person was so bold, daring to cripple Jiang Wei'en, a Jiang Family's core disciple's Qi Sea?

"It is a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple." The guard replied in a tense voice, "Not only did he cripple Young Master Jiang Wei'en's Qi Sea, he, he even cut off all of Young Master Jiang Wei'en's meridians."

Killing intent erupted from Jiang Yongheng's body, "What bold dog's guts! A little Black Warrior Institute inner disciple actually disregarded the Cloudsea Mainland's ironclad law, ignoring Changzhi City's rules, daring to cripple my Jiang Family core disciple's Qi Sea and meridians! Damn him to hell!" With that said, he made brief work excusing himself from the Wang Family's Grand Elder Wang Jingyuan, storming out of the main hall to lead a group of Castellan Manor's masters over to the Riding Wind Carrier Workshop at the fastest speed.

This matter had roused Grand Elder Wang Jingyuan's curiosity, hence he followed from the back, heading toward the Riding Wind Carrier Workshop. He had a vague feeling that the matter wasn't as simple as it seemed.

In front of the Riding Wind Carrier Workshop, Huang Xiaolong looked without any ripple of emotion at Jiang Wei'en, who had lost all four limbs. A murderous gleam flickered in his eyes as the Mulberry Sword in his hand was preparing to swing down.

"Stop!" At this point, an angry roar thundered from the horizon, rumbling mightily in the air.

However, the action of Huang Xiaolong's Mulberry Sword did not hesitate, sending a string of blood pearls to the air. Jiang Wei'en's head flew out at an arch before falling on the street. The people standing there jumped back shrieking in avoidance.

Jiang Yongheng descended on the street moments later, staring dazedly at his nephew's head rolling on the ground. He then turned around, his bloodshot eyes glaring viciously at Huang Xiaolong, spitting out each syllable through gritted teeth, "Today, no one can save you, no matter who, no one!!" The last few of his words sounded hoarse and strained as if the last shred of his sanity was melted away.

Never had he imagined that after personally commanding the other to stop, this bastard Black Warrior Institute inner disciple still dared to swing his sword, killing his nephew.

Jiang Wei'en, how many resources had the family spent to nurture this core disciple! He was actually killed inside the walls of Changzhi City, his territory, in broad daylight!

This was shame!

The greatest humiliation of his life!

By this time, Grand Elder Wang Jingyuan and the rest of the Castellan Manor guards finally arrived. All of them gasped inwardly seeing Jiang Wei'en's head lying on the street.

Dead?!

Jiang Yongheng slowly approached Huang Xiaolong, the momentum surging from his body grew increasingly overwhelming.

As Changzhi City's Castellan, one of Jiang Family's Grand Elders, Jiang Yongheng was undoubtedly no weakling—a Tenth Order God Realm. T

Although he was only an early Tenth Order God Realm, he was stronger than any average mid-Tenth Order God Realm.

The crowd once again retreated away in fear.

"DIE—!" Jiang Yongheng's fist punched out at Huang Xiaolong, bearing intense killing intent. Wherever his fist passed, space warped and shattered inch by inch.

Watching as the force of his fist was about to hit Huang Xiaolong, turning him and those behind him into a sea of blood mist, suddenly, from afar, a sharp sword light pierced through the air.

The whole group of Changzhi City's masters seemed to hear the faint roar of a dragon accompanying that sharp sword light.

The piercing sword light shattered Jiang Yongheng's fist force in the most tyrannical way, completely cutting off its connection from the space Huang Xiaolong was standing.

Obviously, Huang Xiaolong was standing right in front, yet his attack couldn't even move the edges of Huang Xiaolong's robe, whereas Jiang Yongheng himself staggered backward several steps.

The people on the street paled; such terrifying sword qi! It actually pushed back an early Tenth Order God Realm Jiang Yongheng!

"Who?! Roll out here for me!" Jiang Yongheng bellowed. There was actually someone who dared to obstruct him from killing this Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple!

"Roll out here? Castellan Jiang is so imposing, mouthing words with such a big tone." A languid voice sounded, and in the next moment, a bright glow flickered in the air as a figure appeared in front of everyone.

Jiang Yongheng's rage turned into shock when he saw the person's face, a deep frown appearing on his forehead: "Liu Yun."

Grand Elder Wang Jingyuan was just as shocked, the new arrival was actually the Black Warrior Institute Principal's eldest disciple, Liu Yun.

Jiang Yongheng looked fixedly at Liu Yun, speaking in a less than welcoming tone, " Liu Yun, this Black Warrior Institute inner disciple of yours killed a core disciple of my Jiang Family, a sin deserving ten thousand deaths! I advise you not to meddle in this matter. There's only death for this inner disciple today!"

Liu Yun snickered, "Sin deserving ten thousand deaths? What if I insist on... meddling?" Without waiting for an answer, Liu Yun looked toward Huang Xiaolong, "Junior Apprentice-brother, are you alright?"

"Eldest Apprentice-brother, I'm fine." Huang Xiaolong replied with a faint smile.

Earlier, when Zhao Shu mentioned that Changzhi City's Castellan was Jiang Wei'en's uncle, Huang Xiaolong already predicted that this Jiang Yongheng would appear, therefore he had crushed the jade talisman, informing his Eldest Apprentice-brother Liu Yun about the situation.

"Junior Apprentice-brother?!" Jiang Yongheng, as well as the people around were astounded.

This Black Warrior Institute inner disciple was Liu Yun's Junior Apprentice-brother, then... he was?! Institute Principal Feng Yang's fourth personal disciple, Huang Xiaolong?!

When Jiang Yongheng once again looked at Huang Xiaolong, it was with a different gaze. He didn't expect this Black Warrior Institute inner disciple that he could easily squash would be the Institute Principal's personal disciple!

His eyes flickered.

"Liu Yun, according to the Cloudsea Mainland's law, a life for a life. Even if he is your Junior Apprentice-brother and the Black Warrior Institute Principal's personal disciple, he still has to die just the same!" Jiang Yongheng snorted coldly, "Don't tell me he can brazenly kill my Jiang Family's core disciples on the Cloudsea Mainland relying on his status as the Institute Principal's personal disciple?"

"He was the one who attacked first!" Huang Xiaohai stepped forward, pointing at Jiang Wei'en's corpse, "He was the one relying on status and attacked us first, crippling our Qi Seas, my Big brother only retaliated because of this!"

Liu Yun patted Huang Xiaolong's shoulder, grinning: "Junior Apprentice-brother, you've killed a good one!"

Jiang Yongheng was stifled to the point of vomiting blood, but a cold light still flickered in his eyes, "I don't care for the reason, the fact is that Huang Xiaolong killed my Jiang Family's core disciple. Today, he must pay for it with his life!" In the next moment, his figure arrived behind Huang Xiaolong, gripping a blood red large knife in his hand, chopping down on Huang Xiaolong.

But, another sword light was faster than Jiang Yongheng. A sharp light flashed before Jiang Yongheng's eyes, then a sudden sharp pain traveled from his knife-wielding hand, causing him to jump back in retreat. Looking down, his hand was now merely a stump, all five fingers had been cut off.

"Jiang Yongheng, try and make another move if you dare." Liu Yun sneered "But let me warn you in advance, the next time, it won't be as simple as losing five fingers."

Chapter 594: Offer You A Cup of Tea

"You!" Jiang Yongheng anger-warped face was marooned looking at Liu Yun. Liu Yun's display of strength had exceeded his estimation. The question was, would he insist to act?

However, Liu Yun was definitely not someone to speak empty words. The next move he made would probably chop off his hands, or even kill him!

Others dared not, but Lu Yun did!

"Junior Apprentice-brother, let's go!" No longer bothered with Jiang Yongheng, Liu Yun said to Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Watching Liu Yun and Huang Xiaolong taking everyone away and leaving, Jiang Yongheng's gripped the blood knife in his hand, unwillingness etched on his face, but in the end, he did not act.

"Liu Yun, Huang Xiaolong!" Jiang Yongheng ground each word, "You've gone overboard!"

At this time, Grand Elder Wang Jingyuan came beside Jiang Yongheng, speaking in a low voice, "Brother Yongheng, this Huang Xiaolong has always acted brazenly as if he was above others due to the fact that he is the Black Warrior Institute Principal's personal disciple. This time, he even dared to kill a core disciple of your Jiang Family. This is a clear insult, showing that he does not put your Jiang Family in his eyes."

The look in Jiang Yongheng's eyes grew icy, "This matter will not end here."

Although he knew that Wang Jingyuan did not bear any goodwill, deliberately fanning the fire between the Jiang Family and the Black Warrior Institute, with Jiang Wei'en killed within the walls of Changzhi City, the Jiang Family had already lost face. Hence, one way or the other, this matter couldn't be swept away just like that.

A short while later, Liu Yun, Huang Xiaolong, and the rest reached the Divine Fort Residence.

"Junior Apprentice-brother, the Jiang Family will not let this matter slide so easily." Liu Yun added, "I have a place in the Black Warrior City, why don't you move your family over there for the time being?"

Huang Xiaolong solemnly agreed, "Alright."

After this matter, continuing to live in Changzhi City was no longer safe.

Having decided, Huang Xiaolong informed his parents and everyone else, telling them to pack light. With that, they left Changzhi City, following Liu Yun.

But, upon arriving in Black Warrior City, Huang Xiaolong did not settle his family in Liu Yun's residence. Instead, he took out money and troubled his Eldest Apprentice-brother to help him purchase an adjoining residence.

Only Black Warrior Institute elite disciples and above could purchase a residence in Black Warrior City, and even though Huang Xiaolong couldn't, his Eldest Apprentice-brother Liu Yun could buy it for him.

Having money helped everything flow smoother.

After throwing out more than 10 billion, before the day ended, several residences next to each other changed owners. The first thing Huang Xiaolong did was have people open entrances connecting these several residences. All in all, its land area was even bigger than the Divine Fort Residence in Changzhi City.

Huang Xiaolong styled the residence as 'Luo Tong Residence'. On the same night itself, the Huang Family moved into the Luo Tong Residence.

While the Huang Family was busy moving into a new residence, the news of Jiang Wei'en being murdered by Huang Xiaolong in Changzhi City spread faster than wildfire, causing the entire Cloudsea Mainland to boil over.

The Jiang Family was one of the most prominent super forces of the Black Tortoise Galaxy. Having one of their core disciples killed in the Cloudsea Mainland was a first in the family's history.

"That Jiang Wei'en is the current Jiang Family Patriarch's, Jiang Wuhuang's grandson. He was extremely cherished by Jiang Wuhuang. This time, losing his favorite grandson in the hands of the Black Warrior Institute Principal's fourth disciple, Jiang Wuhuang will surely go crazy!"

"We're in for a good show this time. There's no way Jiang Wuhuang will quietly endure this matter. However, admittedly, that Huang Xiaolong is indeed a monstrous genius ah. I heard he defeated Jiang Wei'en's several Third Order and Fourth Order God Realm guards using just one move!"

"For real? How long has that Huang Xiaolong been cultivating? It hasn't been a decade since he entered the Black Warrior Institute, right? No, not even six years!"

The masters that rushed over to the Cloudsea Mainland due to the Black Warrior Auction house gossiped among themselves.

The Black Warrior Institute, inside Institute Principal Feng Yang's manor. Feng Yang was sitting on the main seat in the hall, leisurely sipping tea while Huang Xiaolong, Liu Yun, Chen Yang, and Qi Wen sat in silence.

"The matter, I already know." Feng Yang spoke, "The fault lies with them. Even if it is Wuhuang, there's nothing much he can do."

Huang Xiaolong spoke up, "This disciple has caused trouble for Master."

Feng Yang waved his hand with an unconcerned demeanor, "A matter the size of a fart, don't mind it. If it were me, I would do the same. Just a mere Jiang Family core disciple, even if we killed a Jiang Family Elder, there's nothing to worry about as long as we're in the right."

"Thank you, Master." Huang Xiaolong said gratefully.

At this time, a Black Warrior Institute disciple from outside came in to report, "Institute Principal, the Jiang Family's Patriarch and Institute Vice-Principal Wang Na are outside, requesting to meet with you."

Vice-Principal Wang Na? A light flickered in Huang Xiaolong's eyes.

Among the current management of the Black Warrior Institute, there were three Vice-Principals after the Institute Principal, and this Wang Na was one of them. In the entire Black Warrior Institute, Wang Na's strength was the closest to his Master Feng Yang.

No one expected this Institute Vice-Principall Wang Na to stand on the opposite side, coming here with the Jiang Family Patriarch.

"They sure act fast." Hearing the disciple's report, Feng Yang sneered. "Let them in." As if he saw through Huang Xiaolong's doubts, Feng Yang said, "This Wang Na has some relation with the Jiang Family."

The disciple backed out from the main hall, and returned a short while later leading in an attractive woman and a middle-aged man, Wang Na, and Jiang Wuhuang.

Due to Wang Na's position in the Black Warrior Institute, Huang Xiaolong, Liu Yun, Chen Yang, and Qi Wen all stood up in respectful greeting.

Entering the hall, Jiang Wuhuang's eyes made a quick scan around. When his eyes swept over Huang Xiaolong, ill-disguised killing intent flickered.

"Institute Principal Feng Yang," As soon as Jiang Wuhuang opened his mouth to speak, Feng Yang suddenly raised a hand, cutting his tempo, "Jiang Wuhuang, if you're here to 'ask' for someone, then you need not speak further."

Jiang Wuhuang's words choked in his throat.

"The tea in my manor tastes quite good, probably better than what you have in the Jiang Manor." Feng Yang continued, "If you're here to drink tea, as a generous person by nature, I can only offer you a cup of tea."

Jiang Wuhuang's expression grew increasingly ugly.

Come to drink tea? Offer you a cup?

What did this Feng Yang take him as? A beggar that came to beg for a cup of tea?

Jiang Wuhuang inhaled deeply, but his tone was cold, "Institute Principal Feng Yang, all of us Black Tortoise Galaxy's twenty-three super forces had unanimously laid down these rules. Regardless of a person's identity and status, if they committed murder on the Cloudsea Mainland, they must be handed to the Cloudsea Enforcement Team for execution! As the Black Warrior Institute Principal, will you openly shield your disciple and break the rule that our Black Tortoise Galaxy's twenty-three super forces had set?!"

Feng Yang smiled faintly, "It's your brain that is muddled, or have I done wrong? If I remember correctly, the rule we've set year states that if the other side attacked first, one is not guilty for killing the other party in view of self-defense!"

Jiang Wuhuang's face flushed red.

"Feng Yang," Wang Na interjected at this point. "Although you are our Black Warrior Institute's Principal, you still cannot defy the rules as you like. Yes, Huang Xiaolong is your personal disciple, but he is also a Black Warrior Institute's disciple. He killed a person on the Cloudsea Mainland, he committed a crime. As the Institute Vice-Principal, I have the authority to hand him over to the Cloudsea Enforcement Team!" That said, her hand reached out, wanting to capture Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong instantly felt the space around him still, unable to move an inch.

"Insolent!" Feng Yang snapped, his voice rumbled akin to a battle formation made up of millions of godly soldiers, like a fierce primordial beast roaring, resembling a killing outcry from the Divine World.

Wang Na's face tightened. With a twist of her left wrist, an endless icy flame soared forward.

A thunderous crash sounded in the hall.

Wang Na's body wobbled, staggering back several steps, whereas Jiang Wuhuang fared worse, forced back all the way to the entrance.

Feng Yang remained where he was, his eyes chilling cold as he looked at Wang Na, "Old witch, you're not qualified to decide what to do with my disciple. Now, the two of you can scram out of my manor, if not, I'll strip you two naked before tossing you two adulterous cheating pair outside!"

Chapter 595: Hard to Swallow This Indignity!

Stripped naked!

Adulterous cheating pair!

Tossed out!

Wang Na and Jiang Wuhuang's faces turned white and green. With their status, who dared to rebuke them, when did they ever had to suffer such humiliation?!

At this time, whistling winds sounded from afar. Clearly, that brief exchange between Feng Yang and Wang Na earlier had alerted the Black Warrior Institute masters.

Wang Na shot an icy glare at Feng Yang, "Feng Yang, do you think you can protect your disciple his entire life? I'll wait and see how you're going to do so after the Highgod Advancement Tournament ends!"

"We're leaving!" Both Wang Na and Jiang Wuhuang flew off into the sky. Before leaving, Jiang Wuhuang's hostile gaze stopped on Huang Xiaolong briefly without hiding the killing intent behind it.

Not long after the pair left, Black Warrior Institute's Grand Elders Chan Yu and Bao Xinrui arrived consecutively.

Liu Yun communicated with Huang Xiaolong through voice transmission. "Since the beginning of the previous term, the Black Warrior Institute's new rule stipulates that each new term's Institute Principal can only serve for fifty thousand years. By the end of the coming Highgod Advancement Tournament, it would also be the end of Master's term, whereas the most likely candidate for the next Institute Principal is none other than that old witch Wang Na! Wang Na has always been in conflict with our Master. Even though everything seems peaceful on the surface, the surging undercurrents and moves made in the dark never ceased. If the next term's Institute Principal really went to her, that would be a world of troubles and headaches for us."

Liu Yun's brooding expression revealed his disquieting concerns. There were slightly over two hundred years until the next Highgod Advancement Tournament.

Huang Xiaolong's brows knitted, he wasn't aware at all that his Master would need to step down from the Institute Principal's position once the Highgod Advancement Tournament ended.

"What are the requirements to be the Black Warrior Institute's Principal?" The thought crossed Huang Xiaolong's mind, and he turned to ask Liu Yun.

Liu Yun explained, "One of the main condition is that the candidate must be an Institute Vice-Principal to be eligible to contend for the position. Currently, our Black Warrior Institute has three Institute Vice-Principals, to become the next Institute Principal, Wang Na only need to defeat the other two Vice-Principals. The problem is, Wang Na's strength is only inferior to our Master's, if nothing out of ordinary happens, the next Institute Principal will be none other than her!"

Must be a Vice-Principal of the Institute! Huang Xiaolong's hands clenched into fists.

Perhaps, there was a chance Wang Na wouldn't get to take over the position as she expected. If he entered the Highgod Advancement Tournament, received the Godforce infusion and broke through to Highgod Realm, then he would be qualified to become a Black Warrior Institute's Vice-Principal, qualified to compete for the Institute Principal position!

A light gleamed in Huang Xiaolong' eyes. Therefore, in the coming Highgod Advancement Tournament, he absolutely must get the first place!

Two hours later, Huang Xiaolong, Liu Yun, Chen Yang, and Qi Wen left their Master Feng Yang's manor. Instead of returning to his yard on the Misty Rain Mountain Range, he traveled through the transmission array, reaching the Luo Tong Residence in the Black Warrior City.

After greeting his parents and the others in the Luo Tong Residence, Huang Xiaolong headed to his own yard with his brows locked in a deep frown.

Despite the Luo Tong Residence being located in the center of Black Warrior City, and the city's defense system being considered capable, Huang Xiaolong felt that it was still insufficient.

What if Jiang Wuhuang suddenly lost his temper, unleashing his anger on the Huang Family by sending high-level masters over to the Black Warrior City to assassinate his family? This was highly possible.

"You can go to the Azure Sea Firm to hire high-level masters for protection." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi suggested.

"Hire masters?!" Huang Xiaolong blanked for a moment.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi reiterated, "That's right. At a large firm like the Azure Sea Firm, as long as you can afford to pay the price, you can hire high-level God Realm masters. Of course, you won't get a strong peak late-Tenth Order God Realm like your Eldest Apprentice-brother, but an average Tenth Order God Realm should be fairly easy."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes lit up at this, it did not occur to him that he could hire high-level God Realm masters from big firms like the Azure Sea Firm.

Huang Xiaolong hurried out from the Luo Tong Residence that very night, heading out to the Azure Sea Firm branch in the Black Warrior City. Meeting the branch supervisor, Meng Xia, Huang Xiaolong stated the purpose of his visit.

No doubt, hiring a Tenth Order God Realm master was an exorbitant cost; a hundred million Xuanwu coins per year! The terms of service would begin after the contract was signed, and the longest contract duration available was ten years.

A hundred million a year! For a contract of ten years, that was equivalent to one billion per person!

This price was enough to frighten anyone out the door.

Without so much as a word, Huang Xiaolong threw down ten billion, hiring ten early Tenth Order God Realm masters for ten years.

Having these ten early Tenth Order God Realm masters, it was more than enough to protect the Huang Family. When he led these ten early God Realm masters back to the Luo Tong Residence, his hanging heart finally felt at ease. However, there was still the problem of his brother Huang Xiaohai, sister Huang Min, and others' broken Qi Seas and crippled meridians. He decided to wait until after the auction tomorrow and request for Master's help to heal them.

On a towering peak that reached the clouds, on the north side of the Black Warrior Institute, a grand residence stood erect. The residence was Institute Vice-Principal Wang Na's cultivation dwelling.

Ever since she returned from Feng Yang's manor, both Wang Na and Jiang Wuhuang's faces were as black as muddied water.

"I didn't expect Feng Yang that old bastard to actually have cultivated his Great Purging Howl to that level." Wang Na scoffed, "It seems that not only has he fully recovered from his injuries from that year, his cultivation actually improved by a lot."

Jiang Wuhuang's expression grew uglier at her words, "The Ancestor is in terminal seclusion, wait till the Ancestor comes out, Feng Yang that old wrinkly-skin's days are numbered."

"No need to wait for the Jiang Family Ancestor. When the coming Highgod Advancement Tournament ends and I take over the Institute Principal position, let's see if he can still act this arrogantly." Wang Na stated coldly.

"I cannot swallow this indignity if I don't kill Huang Xiaolong!" Jiang Wuhuang's voice was filled with hate and anger.

"Don't worry, I've already contacted the Azure Dragon Institute. In the inner disciples' assessment four years later, some of their inner disciples would come over. At that time, they'll send Xiang Mingzhi as well." Wang Na's tone grew icy, "All we need to do at that time is arrange that Xiang Mingzhi to challenge Huang Xiaolong and kill him on the Hidden Dragon Arena, right in front of that old bastard Feng Yang. I want Feng Yang, that old bastard, to watch his disciple die in front of him."

Jiang Wuhuang hesitated before speaking, "Having Huang Xiaolong killed in front of Feng Yang, that old wrinkled skin, I'm afraid he'll run amok on the spot."

The consequences of Feng Yang running amok were not something their Jiang Family could bear.

Wang Na snickered, "It's Xiang Mingzhi who's going to kill Huang Xiaolong, what are you afraid for? You think Feng Yang will dare to kill Xiang Mingzhi? Xiang Mingzhi is the treasured disciple of the Azure Dragon Institute Principal, give Feng Yang a hundred leopard guts and he still wouldn't dare!"

Jiang Wuhuang laughed loudly, "You're right!" After a brief pause, he continued, "The sacred grade immortal spirit stone in tomorrow's auction, do you know who took it out?"

Wang Na shook her head, "I tried investigating the matter, but there was no result. However, Feng Yang that old bastard knows the person who took out the sacred grade immortal spirit stone."

Jiang Wuhuang sighed, "Pity, but no matter what, that sacred grade immortal spirit stone in tomorrow's auction, we must get our hands on it. With this sacred grade immortal spirit stone, we can activate the primordial formation left behind by our Jiang Family's ancestors. Borrowing the power from the primordial formation, Ancestor's strength would enhance to another level!"

The night passed peacefully.

The following morning was beautiful and sunny. The Black Warrior Auction House's schedule proceeded as planned.

The entire Black Warrior City was filled with excitement, crowds making their way toward the auction house.

A soon as the sun rose over the horizon, Huang Xiaolong brought Shi Xiaofei straight to the Black Warrior auction house.

Chapter 596: True Dragon King's Beast Cores

By the time Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei reached the auction house, it was already packed with a sea of people. As the Institute Principal's personal disciple, of course, a high grade private room was arranged for Huang Xiaolong.

After both of them were seated inside the private room, Huang Xiaolong noticed Shi Xiaofei's nervousness. He reached out and held both of her small hands in his, reassuring her confidently, "Don't worry, Senior Crazy Lady will definitely show up."

As long as that Senior Crazy Lady showed up, he had ways to persuade her to help resolve the issue with Shi Xiaofei's Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique.

Shi Xiaofei looked gratefully at Huang Xiaolong, "Big brother Huang, thank you very much."

Huang Xiaolong smiled, "When your Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique is awakened, quickly break through God Realm and we'll ascend to the Divine World together!"

Shi Xiaofei nodded with all seriousness, "I will definitely work very hard to ascend to the Divine World together with you!" Her hands tightened around Huang Xiaolong's.

Half an hour passed as more and more high experts from various corners of the galaxy filled the auction hall. Finally, the auction commenced.

The first item on auction was an egg of a divine beast, the Winged Tiger. As a later generation of the Divine Bright Tiger, the Winged Tiger inherited one of the purest divine beast bloodlines. Due to its high talent, in general, a Winged Tiger could grow to a high-level God Realm demonic beast.

Moreover, the Winged Tiger was able to enhance its strength by swallowing spirit stones. After incubation, it had a speedy growth rate, able to advance to God Realm within five hundred years. Which was why many super forces' disciples liked to purchase demonic beast eggs like the Winged Tiger that contained divine beast bloodlines, doubling as a mount when it grew up.

The starting price for this Winged Tiger egg was ten million. In a matter of seconds, the cries of prices filled the hall like endless crashing waves.

Ten million was, honestly, nothing to Huang Xiaolong, however, he had no interest in this Winged Tiger egg, hence, he did not join in the bid for it.

Attending the auction this time around, Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei's main purpose was to wait for Senior Crazy Lady to show up.

As the items shifted through the auction stage one after another, gasps of shock, exclamations of surprise, heavy sighs and laments could be ceaselessly heard. In its third hour, the auction house entered into a white-hot atmosphere. Each item were treasures worth over a hundred million.

Shi Xiaofei gradually became worried.

"There's no need to worry." Huang Xiaolong comforted, "The bidding for the sacred grade immortal spirit stone has yet to start, the instant Senior Crazy Lady appears, my Master will send people to inform us." As the anchor item of the auction, it would be left to the end of the auction.

Shi Xiaofei nodded, she could only patiently wait.

Another dozen items passed through the auction stage, and after a divine armor was bid off, the auctioneer began to introduce the next item, "Coming up are two beast cores. These are two beast cores of the legendary True Dragon King."

The moment the auctioneer's introduction ended, the entire hall was filled with an excited energy.

"It's actually the True Dragon King's beast cores! The True Dragon King was a formidable master ranked third on the God Ranking List in the past!"

"The True Dragon King's true body was a variant of Azure Dragon, thus having two beast cores inside his body. One is water-element, and the other is an ice-element beast core. If this True Dragon King's beast cores are used in alchemy to refine sacred grade immortal divine pellets, it would definitely be the finest top sacred grade divine pellet!"

Huang Xiaolong's eyes brightened, sitting inside the private room.

Beast cores of the third ranked True Dragon King! Each name on the God Ranking List was a Highgod Realm master! Most important of all, what he needed the most now were Highgod Realm divine dragons' beast cores.

"Tsk tsk, this True Dragon King's beast cores are really good stuff." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's praised, "These two True Dragon King's beast cores are comparable to ten of the Highgod beast cores inside the Hailstone Treasure vault. Little Huang brat, you absolutely must get these two beast cores!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded, determined. Even without Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's reminder, he'd have done the same.

Like Huang Xiaolong, there were many people keen on getting their hands on these True Dragon King's beast cores.

Huang Xiaolong was in private room number sixteen, and inside private room eight not far from Huang Xiaolong sat an imposing young man of extraordinary bearing, clad in a robe with a green dragon emblem sewn on his chest. Behind the young man, stood two old men. These two old men stood quietly as if they blended themselves with heaven and earth itself, unassuming yet possessed unfathomable strength.

"We've already collected more than a hundred types of elixirs above ten thousand years, only lacking this True Dragon King's beast cores. Once we successfully obtain them, we can begin refining the Twin Dragon Flying to Heaven Sacred Pellet. Once Young Lord consumes it, within four years, Young Lord's strength will breakthrough another level!" One of the old men said respectfully.

The young man nodded.

"Young Lord, Vice-Principal Wang Na extended her invitation, hoping that Young Lord is willing to visit her manor after the auction ends." The other old men said.

The young man answered with little interest, "I know, a little Black Warrior Institute inner disciple, is it necessary for me to personally act? When the time comes, just let that Su Guozhen or Ba Canghai to do it, they're more than enough."

"Young Lord mustn't underestimate this Huang Xiaolong. According to the rumors, this child's talent is extremely high, able to defeat a Fourth Order God Realm master having less cultivated for less than a hundred years." The first old man solemnly stated.

The corner of the young man's lips curved into a mocking sneer, "Just a Fourth Order God Realm, so what if his talent is high? At the moment he's only a Second Order God Realm, right? Even if he managed to breakthrough to Third Order God Realm four years later, you can simply choose either one, Su Guozhen or Ba Canghai, they can still squash him dead easily."

This young man was Azure Dragon Institute Principal's personal disciple, the leader of the Azure Dragon Institute's inner disciples, Xiang Mingzhi.

"Now, we'll begin the bidding for the True Dragon King's beast cores, both beast cores will be auctioned together, starting at one billion. Every increase cannot be lower than ten million." At this time, the auctioneer's voice rang in the hall again.

One billion!

The guests sitting in the hall sucked in cold breaths of air.

One billion was a hard sum even for some super forces' Grand Elders. With one billion, one could already purchase a comfortable residence on the Cloudsea Mainland. This figure immediately diminished the desire of many super forces' Grand Elders and Patriarchs from bidding.

Although this True Dragon King's beast cores were good stuff, they could only be used in alchemy, being refined into pellets. Other than this, there wasn't much use. Then again, since when was a sacred grade divine pellet so easy to refine? Not to mention the fact that it needed a large number of ten thousand years and above herbs as supplements.

The auction hall fell into an abrupt silence.

"Two billion!" Xiang Mingzhi aimed for a swift conclusion, doubling the price.

All the people in the hall were shocked, each turning their heads toward private room number eight.

"Private room number eight...? If I'm not wrong, it's the people from the Azure Dragon Institute!"

The guests in the hall showed a great reaction.

In private room number six, Huang Xiaolong was a little surprised hearing this. Azure Dragon Institute? A small smile crept up his face, 'How interesting.'

"Three billion!" While everyone was still reacting the Azure Dragon Institute, Huang Xiaolong's voice cut through the noise in the hall, ringing crisp and clear in everyone's ear.

Three billion!

When crowd's focus shifted to private room six, another ripple shot through the crowd.

Inside private room eight, Xiang Mingzhi was slightly surprised, for he did not expect there to be people who dared to compete with him. After a brief second of surprise, he showed a radiant smile, "It seems like this trip to Black Warrior City isn't as dull as I assumed. This is interesting, I hope you'll continue to entertain me." In the end, he called out: "Four billion!"

Four billion!

The crowd below once again sucked in a breath of cold air.

Madness! These were merely the True Dragon King's beast cores, not the actual body itself. At most, it could fetch a little over two billion. Four billion had already exceeded its worth in double.

"Ten billion!" While the crowd below was jarred to the soul at four billion, Huang Xiaolong's calm voice rang out.

Ten billion!

This time, the auction hall went deathly quiet.

Chapter 597: Earth-Shaking Exorbitant Price

The amount nearly shocked some of the present Grand Elders and Patriarchs of the first ranked forces to their death-bed. Even the super forces' Grand Elders and Patriarchs seated within the private rooms above almost had their eyeballs pop out of their sockets.

The auction hall was deathly still, so quiet that even the drop of a needle could be heard.

Inside private room number six, Huang Xiaolong had a scheming smirk on his face as he waited to see if the person inside private room number eight would follow or not.

'You want to compare wallet sizes?' Heh, what he lacked the least of all was Xuanwu coins. In fact, Huang Xiaolong genuinely felt like there were too few places where he could spend them.

On top of that, he naturally did not have any good impression toward people from the Azure Dragon Institute. Since they ran into each other here, he might as well take the chance to disgust the other side a little.

In private room number eight, Xiang Mingzhi's eyes narrowed dangerously to two thin slits, two piercing glints flickered unnoticeably.

Ten billion!

Although he had come across some ancient masters' cultivation dwellings and was far from lacking in terms of money, this price had managed to jar him.

"Go and find out who's in that private room number six." Xiang Mingzhi coldly instructed one of the old men standing behind him.

"Yes, Young Lord!" Respectfully acknowledging Xiang Mingzhi's words, the old man turned and left the room.

"Eleven billion!" Xiang Mingzhi called out, breaking the stagnated atmosphere in the auction hall. But everyone could clearly detect the thick flowing murderous aura within the collected icy voice.

Huang Xiaolong leaned back comfortably on the seat, not missing the other side's killing intent. Without missing a beat, he called out: "Twenty billion!"

Twenty billion!

Several muffled thuds were heard coming from the auction hall below due to some first rank forces' Grand Elders and Patriarchs dazedly sliding off their seats to the floor from astonishment.

Some Elders of the middle ranking forces and families could hardly control their hearts from jumping out from their chests.

"W-who's in private room number six? Tw-twenty BILLION!!" A first rank force family Elder exclaimed. At the mention of twenty billion, his tongue stuttered understandably.

"Private room six... it should be the Black Warrior Institute Principal's personal disciple, Huang Xiaolong?!"

"Huang Xiaolong?! How can Huang Xiaolong have so much money? Did the Institute Principal came over to compete for the True Dragon King's beast cores, merely allowing his disciple to bid on the surface?"

"The Black Warrior Institute Principal's wealth can drown a person to death!"

The crowd below responded with doubt and astonishment.

Hearing the words that passed between the crowd below, a wry smile appeared on Huang Xiaolong's face as Shi Xiaofei jested, "Looks like no one believes that Big brother Huang has so much money."

Still, this was also a good misunderstanding, preventing others from thinking too deeply into the source of his wealth. Otherwise, an average Black Warrior Institute inner disciple capable of taking out twenty billion Xuanwu coins to bid for something would undoubtedly raise many curious eyebrows. If it was the Institute Principal, then everything was easily explained.

In private room number eight, Xiang Mingzhi's face muscles slightly twitched.

Twenty billion?! His hands unknowingly clenched into fists as the killing intent in his heart roared like great waves.

"Young Lord, I found out. The person in private room number six is the Black Warrior Institute Principal's disciple, Huang Xiaolong." At this time, the old man that went out to inquire returned, reporting to Xiang Mingzhi.

Xiang Mingzhi's tone was extremely grim: "I know." The excited discussion below had already entered his ears, 'Do I still need you to report to me?!'

His heart was burning, his anger raging!

"Twenty-one billion!" Xiang Mingzhi was literally gritting his teeth calling out his bid. He was determined to get these True Dragon King's beast cores. Otherwise, all of his efforts and time spent in collecting more than a hundred different herbs above ten thousand years old would have been in vain.

The uproaring auction hall quieted once more.

Seeing that the other side had decided to follow through with his bid, Huang Xiaolong turned toward Shi Xiaofei saying, "Every time they're only adding a billion to the price, people from the Azure Dragon Institute are so stingy." Huang Xiaolong purposely did not conceal his voice, hence, everyone in the auction hall and the private rooms clearly heard what he said.

Every time only adding a billion to the price, stingy!

One could imagine the myriad expressions of the people around hearing this. Those words nearly made Xiang Mingzhi vomit blood.

"Thirty billion." Just when it looked like Xiang Mingzhi was really about to vomit blood, Huang Xiaolong's unhurried voice sounded, as if what he was saying wasn't 'thirty billion', but' three hundred' Xuanwu coins.

Thirty billion!

Those in the auction hall could hear their hearts beating like war drums in their ears. A first rank force disciple that had a heart disease fainted, clutching his chest.

A strange atmosphere filled the auction hall.

Xiang Mingzhi's expression was extremely ugly, fury exploded in his eyes akin to a fierce beast on the verge of going berserk.

"Huang-Xiao-long." Each syllable came out with much difficulty. The temperature in private room number eight plummeted sharply.

"Young Lord, should we, forget it?" One of the old men behind him tried to persuade him.

"How many more Xuanwu coins do we have?" Xiang Mingzhi asked after taking a deep breath. He had two objectives in attending this Black Warrior City auction; one of them was the True Dragon King's beast cores and the other was none other than the sacred grade immortal spirit stone.

"Deducting the items we bought earlier, we have a little more than forty-six billion," The other old man answered, "but if we insist to buy the True Dragon King's beast core, I'm afraid we won't have enough to acquire the sacred grade immortal spirit stone."

Xiang Mingzhi's face was extremely gloomy.

Coming to the Black Warrior City this time, they had brought more than fifty billion with them. Initially, before they set off, he had assumed that fifty billion was more than enough to complete his two objectives; acquiring both the True Dragon King's beast cores as well as the sacred grade immortal spirit stone. Yet, he didn't expect to run into this situation.

That Huang Xiaolong was doing this on purpose, or else only those with their brain damaged by crashing into a block of tofu would take out thirty billion to buy the True Dragon King's beast cores.

"Private room number six has bid thirty billion, would anyone else like to offer a higher price?" The auctioneer's voice rang in the auction hall.

Hesitation flashed across Xiang Mingzhi's face. He was unresigned, yet he could only give up in the end. Finally, Huang Xiaolong successfully bid for the True Dragon King's beast cores with an earth-shattering exorbitant price.

Witnessing this, the people in the auction hall were still trying to recover from having their views toward money shattered, shaking their heads and sighing.

Some Grand Elders and Patriarchs found it hard to comprehend why Huang Xiaolong would spend thirty billion to buy beast cores that were worth no more than two billion at most.

"Has the Black Warrior Institute Principal gone mad? Or is this disciple of his cuckoo? Even he if wanted to irk the Azure Dragon Institute's people, there's no need to throw out thirty billion!" Some experts were clamoring through gritted teeth.

Subsequently, several items were auctioned off.

Despite the bidding war being just as fierce, none of the items managed to fetch the inconceivable price that the True Dragon King's beast cores did, falling into a more acceptable price range for everyone.

"Next, we're bringing out this auction's anchor treasure, a sacred grade immortal spirit stone." Close to the end, the auctioneer raised his voice, letting it boom throughout the entire auction hall.

The auctioneer's announcement roused a great reaction from the crowd below, everyone looked like they were injected with chicken blood, their eyes widened and their breathing grew heavy.

Sacred grade immortal spirit stone!

The first piece to be auctioned in tens of thousands of years.

When the Black Warrior Auction House appraiser carried the sacred grade immortal spirit stone with both hands onto the auction stage, everyone sitting in the hall stood up, craning their necks and opening their eyes wide as they fixed an immovable stare on the small piece of stone.

Inside each private room, Xiang Mingzhi and the others also stood up with a feverish look in their eyes.

'I must get this sacred grade immortal spirit stone, absolutely!' He vowed to himself.

Under the many penetrating heated gazes, the Black Warrior Auction House appraiser finally walked up the stage, standing in the center and explaining the usage and appraisal result to everyone present.

When the appraiser was done, the auctioneer scanned the room with a smile on his face, "I believe everyone already knows that this piece of sacred grade immortal spirit stone is priceless, invaluable, hard to be measured by monetary value. With consent from the owner, we will not set a starting price for this sacred grade immortal spirit stone. Everyone present here can freely offer a price. The bidding begins now."

No set bidding price? Eyes turned red. This meant that everyone could make an offer, no matter the price they called out?!

Chapter 598: Are You An Idiot?

"Then can I bid ten thousand?" A first rank force Grand Elder heard what the auctioneer said and asked in a jesting manner.

The others in the auction hall also broke out in amiable laughter.

"You can." The auctioneer did not mind at all, joining the laughing crowd, "Who would like to be the first one to bid a price?"

"One million." Someone from the crowd instantly cried out.

Although it was said they could call out any bid price, in the end, no one really called out ten thousand.

Hearing someone calling out 'one million', the easy laughter in the hall stopped.

"Two million!"

"Five million!"

"Ten million!"

"Thirty million!"

Following the first bid, many more cries followed like waves from the back, the price continued to rise.

Sitting inside the private room, listening to the voices calling out ever increasing prices, a wry smile flickered across Huang Xiaolong's face. Indeed, he was the one who agreed to give the freedom of bidding price for to the current him, money was a mere figure. The amount was irrelevant.

When the bidding price reached one hundred million, it quickly jumped to one billion in a short few breaths' time. When it reached one billion, the super forces families spectating from the private rooms also began to join in the bidding frenzy, turning it even fiercer.

"Ten billion." From private room eight, the Azure Dragon Xiang Mingzhi's voice sounded.

The last bid offer was six billion, and Xiang Mingzhi's offer suddenly propelled the price to double digits in the billions, causing the hall to fall into an abrupt silence.

"Twelve billion." After a momentary silence, from private room number four, a sharp icy voice belonging to a woman sounded.

"Fifteen billion!" The person inside private number room three cried out.

"Twenty billion!" A sharp gleam flitted in Xiang Mingzhi's eyes.

"Twenty-two billion!" The voice came from private room five.

After the price exceeded ten billion, some of the first rank forces and families sitting in the auction hall had stopped competing. The price quickly skyrocketed, exceeding twenty billion.

Sitting inside his private room, Huang Xiaolong was frowning at the moment despite the ever increasing price offered. Could it be that Senior Crazy Lady did not get wind of the auction for the sacred grade immortal spirit stone and therefore did not come?

If this was the case, then it defeated the purpose of him taking out the sacred grade immortal spirit stone for this auction.

Huang Xiaolong lightly squeezed Shi Xiaofei's hand, his eyes conveying remorse.

Shi Xiaofei shook her head, flashing him a comforting smile, "It's alright. Even if Senior Crazy Lady didn't come, I will still cultivate diligently so that I can awaken my Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique."

It was at this time that a knocking sound came from their private room door.

"Come in." Huang Xiaolong permitted.

The person who entered was one of the auction house's supervisors. He faced Huang Xiaolong as he spoke, "Lord Institute Principal said that Senior Crazy Lady is here, in private room number four."

"Private room four!" Both Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei shook slightly as joy rushed to their faces.

As long as Senior Crazy Lady showed up, the rest of the matter would be much easier.

A short while later, the bidding price for the sacred grade immortal spirit stone reached fifty billion. Fifty billion had far surpassed the internal limit set by many super forces' Ancestors and Patriarchs. Despite that, there were people willing to offer higher still.

Inside private room number eight, Xiang Mingzhi's face was gloomy to the extreme.

This time, he had only brought fifty billion, when the offer had exceeded that range, he could only give up. But, he was unwilling to give up just like this!

He had arrived in Black Warrior City filled with confidence to bring back the True Dragon King's beast cores as well as the sacred grade immortal spirit stone, but now, not only had he failed to get the sacred grade immortal spirit stone, even the True Dragon King's beast cores flew from his hand!

'It was that Huang Xiaolong!! That Huang Xiaolong!' Xiang Mingzhi's eyes turned scarlet, the more the thought about it, the more his hatred surged. Everything was that Huang Xiaolong's fault!

"Initially, I didn't plan to do anything during the inner disciples' assessment four years later, but since you asked for it, I will personally take the matter in my hands. Huang Xiaolong, I want your life! I will let you know the consequences of offending me!" He gritted his teeth, voice chilling to the bones.

In the end, the sacred grade immortal spirit stone fetched a sky-high price of sixty-five billion, but it was bought by the guest in private room number three instead of private room number four.

The guests inside private room number three were from the Gudu Family.

With that, the curtain fell on this year's Black Warrior Auction House's Annual Auction.

Knowing that Senior Crazy Lady had appeared and would be invited to his Master Feng Yang's cultivation manor, Huang Xiaolong was finally able to relax a little.

However, just as Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei were coming out from the auction house, they bumped into the three people from the Azure Dragon Institute, Xiang Mingzhi, and the two old men.

Xiang Mingzhi extended an arm out, blocking the two people's path, his tone cold and condescending: "You're Huang Xiaolong?"

Huang Xiaolong glanced at the other side's attire and sneered, "I am. A good dog does not block the path, if there's nothing else, please move away."

The two old men behind Xiang Mingzhi were instantly enraged.

Whereas Xiang Mingzhi's face reddened as his finger trembled pointing at Huang Xiaolong angrily, "What did you say? You! Huang Xiaolong, at first I did not want to do anything in the inner disciples' assessment four years later, but now, you've completely infuriated me. Four years later, I will personally squash you like the measly ant that you are!"

The people passing by inevitably stopped to watch and listen.

"That looks like the Azure Dragon Institute Principal's personal disciple, Xiang Mingzhi?"

"Xiang Mingzhi? The one hailed as the Azure Dragon Galaxy's most heaven-defying genius? If I'm not wrong, they said he is already a Fifth Order God Realm master after less than a hundred years of cultivation!"

The people around whispered and sighed.

Listening to the whispers around him, Huang Xiaolong looked coldly opposite him. He didn't expect the young man in front of him to be that Xiang Mingzhi.

Truly as the old adage goes, enemies meet on a narrow road. It seems like the person who fought him for the True Dragon King's beast cores was this kid.

In a way, Huang Xiaolong understood why the other side was pissed at him.

"Huang Xiaolong, we've set our eyes on the True Dragon King's beast cores, sell them to us now and we're willing to give you two billion. In the inner disciples' assessment four years later, our Young Lord can spare your life." One of the old men standing behind Xiang Mingzhi stated icily as he glared at Huang Xiaolong.

"What a joke! Your brain must have been damaged colliding with a Tyrant Boar, right? I paid thirty billion for the True Dragon King's beast cores and you want me to sell them to you for two billion?" Huang Xiaolong looked at the old man as if he was looking at an idiot: "Are you an idiot?"

"You!!" The old man's face flushed a deep red, his eyes spitting fire, and his killing intent pierced the sky.

"What? Want to fight?" Huang Xiaolong jeered.

They were in Black Warrior City. If the other side dared to make a move, Huang Xiaolong was confident that he could make that old man lose his life here.

Xiang Mingzhi had calmed down by now, raising a hand to stop the old man from acting impulsively. Still looking at Huang Xiaolong with the same cold eyes, he calmly spoke, "Even without the True Dragon King's beast cores, I can still flatten you just the same in the inner disciples' assessment. Flatten you with one finger, like an ant." His eyes as he shifted toward Shi Xiaofei at his side, "Your woman is not bad, enjoy the last four years of your life."

"Let's go." Xiang Mingzhi's group of three walked away.

Huang Xiaolong watched the three men's leaving silhouettes. He acknowledged that Xiang Mingzhi was indeed very strong, but four years later, who will squash who like an ant was yet to be determined.

"Let's head over to Master's manor." He said to Shi Xiaofei, no longer bothering with those who had left. They both headed to the Black Warrior City transmission array, arriving in Feng Yang's manor shortly and meeting with that Senior Crazy Lady.

She was actually a slender woman, resembling an attractive madame in her forties. It was just that she was more than a little aloof and cold. Her real name was Yang Yi.

After knowing Huang Xiaolong's intention, Crazy Lady Yang Yi did not agree to pass the Moon Summoning Rhyme to Shi Xiaofei in the beginning, but when Huang Xiaolong took out a sacred grade immortal spirit stone, she relented with a condition. The condition being for Shi Xiaofei to worship her as her disciple.

"Apprenticeship?" Huang Xiaolong looked over to Shi Xiaofei, seeking her opinion.

Chapter 599: Fourth Order God Realm

"Yes." Shi Xiaofei nodded in agreement. Being able to worship a Highgod Realm as Master, how many people dreamed of this kind of opportunity? This kind of pie falling from heaven, of course she wasn't one to refuse.

Thus, witnessed by Feng Yang and Huang Xiaolong, Shi Xiaofei respectfully went through the customs of worshipping under a Master.

However, what stumped Huang Xiaolong subsequently was Crazy Lady Yang Yi saying that in order to cultivate her Moon Summoning Rhyme, the first three stages must be cultivated on a land of the new moon. Therefore, she had to take Shi Xiaofei to cultivate in the land of the new moon.

In the Black Tortoise Galaxy, only one place had such a land, and that was one of the colder world surfaces in the remote northern part of the Black Tortoise Galaxy called Wintry North World.

A tiny frown made its way across Huang Xiaolong's brows. If this was the case, then until Shi Xiaofei mastered the first three stages of the Moon Summoning Rhyme, she could only stay in the Wintry North World — the two of them would be separated for a period of time.

"Big brother Huang, don't worry, I will cultivate hard and strive to advance to the third stage as soon as possible." Watching Huang Xiaolong's obvious reluctance, Shi Xiaofei comforted in return.

Crazy Lady Yang Yi added, "With Xiaofei's talent, she can advance to the third stage of the Moon Summoning Rhyme in thirty years' time, moreover, you can always come see her in Wintry North World."

Huang Xiaolong nodded, there was naught but this way.

"By the time Xiaofei reaches the third stage of Moon Summoning Rhyme, it's very likely that her Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique's potential would be fully awakened. After that, within a hundred years, she'd be able to break through God Realm." Crazy Lady Yang Yo added, "With me around, rest assured, nothing will happen to her." In fact, for the last several hundred years, she had been searching for a successor but had yet to find a suitable candidate.

Although the main reason she accepted Shi Xiaofei was due to the sacred grade immortal spirit stone, Shi Xiaofei's talent was indeed excellent. She was a most fitting successor to carry on her mantle, moreover, this disciple's temperament was to her liking. On the whole, she liked this disciple very much.

The next morning, Shi Xiaofei followed Crazy Lady Yang Yi, leaving the Black Warrior City, departing toward the Wintry North World's land of the new moon to begin her new cultivation.

On the other hand, his younger sister and brother, Huang Xiaohai and Huang Min, as well as the rest, under Feng Yang's Godforce nurturing, their Qi Seas and meridians were healed as good as new in a short period of time.

Five days after the auction, Huang Xiaolong returned to Yard No.1 and began his closed-door practice. This time around, he was resolute to break through Fourth Order God Realm, otherwise, he wouldn't step out of Yard No.1.

However, Huang Xiaolong wasn't anxious to refine the True Dragon King's beast cores that he got from the auction, instead, he continued refining the remaining hundreds of Tenth Order God Realm beast cores from the Hailstone Treasure vault.

After stepping into Third Order God Realm, Huang Xiaolong's speed in refining the beast cores had increased again. Previously, to refine one early Tenth Order God Realm beast core would take him half a month's time, whereas now, refining a mid and peak mid-Tenth Order God Realm beast core merely took him five to six days.

One month, two months, three months quickly passed, and Huang Xiaolong's strength grew with each passing day.

By the end of the fourth month, he had advanced to peak early-Third Order God Realm, just half a step more to advance to mid-Third Order God Realm.

While Huang Xiaolong entered into closed-door practice, the Jiang Family that had been clamoring noisily for Huang Xiaolong to pay a life for a life went quiet, as if all of them had forgotten about Jiang Wei'en being murdered by Huang Xiaolong in Changzhi City. The entire matter seemed to have subsided into the background.

Whereas the matter about the Azure Dragon Institute Principal's personal disciple, Xiang Mingzhi, blocking Huang Xiaolong's path after the auction and saying that he will personally be killing Huang Xiaolong four years later during the inner disciples' assessment spread out.

Half a year passed. Not only did the matter did not die down, it became even more heated and exaggerated. In fact, all of the super forces, most first rank forces, as well as the several higher ranked worlds' forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy knew about this.

In an instant, almost all influential forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy waited with anticipation toward the coming Black Warrior Institute's inner disciples assessment.

Needless to say, there were many of those who gloated with glee hearing this news, such as the Wang and the Jiang Families.

Gudu Leng stood in his cultivation yard, midway up the Misty Rain Mountain Range, looking up toward the peak. Standing beside him was none other than Wang Biaoyuan.

"That Huang Xiaolong actually hid himself inside the yard in cultivation the moment the auction ended, not taking one step out from there to date." Wang Biayuan sneered, "Closed-door practice? No matter how crazy he cultivates, he won't last one move in front of that Xiang Mingzhi."

"Say, what level can his strength grow to until the day of the inner disciples' assessment?" Gudu Leng suddenly asked.

Wang Biaoyuan was at first taken aback by Gudu Leng's question, but he solemnly answered, "Slightly over a year ago at the outer disciples' assessment, he was an early Second Order God Realm. Give him five years' time, as much of a freak as he is, he could at most advance to Third Order... probably?" In the end, Wang Biaoyuan's words faltered from lack of certainty.

Gudu Leng spoke, "If I was an early Second Order God Realm, in five years' time, the highest I can reach is peak late-Second Order God Realm. But for Huang Xiaolong, Third Order God Realm is not necessary his highest limit."

Wang Biaoyuan frowned at Gudu Leng's words before breaking into a sneer, "Then, according to you, he can break through till late-Third Order? Perhaps, even Fourth Order God Realm? Do you really think that's possible? That's simply ridiculous! From what I heard, the reason why he was able to breakthrough from half-step God Realm to early Second Order God Realm was because he found a treasure comparable to the pure metal essence that I found. As for what it was, I don't know, but I don't believe he'd be so lucky as to run into a treasure like that a second time!"

Gudu Leng nodded, "Even if he really did have some fortuitous encounter, allowing him to break through to Fourth Order God Realm, he would still end up dying. With that Xiang Mingzhi's talent and strength, he could probably defeat a Sixth Order God Realm easily."

Huang Xiaolong was totally ignorant of the outside world's opinions.

Time continued to flow, and in the blink of an eye, one year had passed.

Sitting cross-legged at the center of the Ten Buddha Formation within the Xumi Temple, multiple strands of gold, black, and red light circled around Huang Xiaolong's body, blending in and out of view.

The black and blue twin dragons hovered above him, their dragon roars echoed in the air. All of a sudden, Huang Xiaolong trembled from head to toe. A dazzling light covered him entirely as a clear crisp sound came from inside his body. Following that, his aura exploded and continued to climb higher.

Terrifying pressure spread out like a hurricane, causing cracks in the surrounding space.

Opening his eyes, it was clear that Huang Xiaolong was in a great mood.

Fourth Order God Realm! After seventeen months of closed-door practice, he finally, he was finally a Fourth Order God Realm!

Initially, Huang Xiaolong had assumed that he would need at least two years, but who knew that even before a year and a half passed, he would be able to have a breakthrough.

Huang Xiaolong's consciousness submerged internally, checking the condition of his body. His meridians had widened twice their previous size. These meridians were connected to each other, resembling a primordial divine dragon in slumber. In his dantian, his immortal essence force was extremely viscous and thick, at least five to six times of what it used to be. His battle qi roared happily like the waves in the large ocean. The time and space law strands in Huang Xiaolong's soul sea had already reached a staggering three hundred thousand in number, and each of them was at least thirty meters long.

Three hundred thousand time and space law strands, this had never happened before! Even for an average Fifth Order God Realm master, their time and space law strands only numbered about thirty thousand.

Huang Xiaolong stood up, immediately causing the space to tremble from pressure. Sensing the vigorous energy inside his body, he had a feeling that he was able to shatter a world with one punch.

He finally broke through to Fourth Order God Realm!

'I wonder if Father, Mother, and the rest are doing well.' Thinking to himself, he exited Yard No.1, heading toward the Black Warrior Institute's transmission array.

Chapter 600: Slave

It didn't take Huang Xiaolong much time to reach the Luo Tong Residence from the Black Warrior City's transmission array.

However, what baffled Huang Xiaolong upon his arrival at the Luo Tong Residence was the fact that the guards stationed at the main entrance weren't any one of the subordinates he had brought over from the Martial Spirit World.

Were these newly hired guards? Huang Xiaolong mused.

"Stop right there, what are you here for? State your purpose in coming to the Luo Tong Residence!" Just as Huang Xiaolong was about to step into the residence, the guards stationed at the main entrance blocked his path, while one of them barked at him.

"I'm Huang Xiaolong." Huang Xiaolong stopped, but there was a tiny frown between his brows.

"Huang Xiaolong?" The same guard snapped, "What do I care what 'long' you are, today our Enforcer Wuyue is not receiving any guests." The guard was rude and arrogant.

Enforcer Wuyue? Something flashed in Huang Xiaolong's mind. He remembered that among the ten God Realm masters he hired from the Azure Sea Firm, there was one named Wuyue. But since when did this Wuyue become the Luo Tong Residence's Enforcer? More accurately, since when did the Luo Tong Residence have an 'Enforcer' position, why wasn't he aware of it? On top of everything else, from the way these guards spoke, it sounded as if this Enforcer Wuyue was the real owner of the Luo Tong Residence?!

Currently, Huang Xiaolong was not wearing his Black Warrior Institute inner disciple robe, thus the four guards naturally took Huang Xiaolong as an ordinary God Realm warrior that came to seek a guard position.

Huang Xiaolong shot a cold look at the four guards before opening the Eye of Hell on his forehead. In an instant, everything that was happening inside the Luo Tong Residence entered his Eye of Hell's scope of vision.

Inside the Luo Tong Residence's main hall, amongst the ten Tenth Order God Realm masters that Huang Xiaolong hired earlier, two of them were seated at the hosts' seating at the head of the hall, one of them being that Wuyue, whereas Huang Xiaolong's parents, Huang Peng and Su Yan, they were relegated to an inferior subordinate seating!

What angered Huang Xiaolong the most was that both Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's bodies were filled with angry whip marks as they knelt on the floor in the main hall.

Wuyue's voice sounded in Huang Xiaolong's ears as he reprimanded Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu: "Two measly half-step God Realms like you two dare to contradict this Enforcer, defying your superiors! Continue to whip them for me, another hundred lashes!"

Two guards standing at the sides in the main hall acknowledged respectfully, waving the whips in their hands to strike Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's bodies.

"Stop!!" Both Huang Peng and Su Yan shouted in anger.

"Wuyue, Zhang Quan, you're crossing the line!" Huang Peng was angered to the point he was pointing at the two and shouting, "Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu aren't at fault at all, and even if they were, it would the two of us punishing them, not you lot! How can you punish Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu without rhyme or reason?!"

Wuyue looked as if he didn't notice Huang Peng's anger, speaking in an unhurried leisurely voice, "Residence Lord Huang, what I'm doing is for your own good, these dogs of a servant don't understand rules and etiquette. I'm only educating them so they understand the distinction between master and servant, what a servant should do and shouldn't be doing."

"Exactly so." The man beside Wuyue, Zhang Quan sneered, "Otherwise, what if one of these days these ignorant slaves accidentally cause catastrophic trouble for the Luo Tong Residence? By right, you should be thanking us." At the end of his words, a towering momentum swept out from his body.

"Punk, did you hear what I've said?" The loud obnoxious guard got irritated watching Huang Xiaolong stood there like a statue, "Our Enforcer Wuyue is not seeing anyone today, if you're here to apply for a guard position, come again tomorrow! Now, quickly leave!"

Huang Xiaolong did not move, he asked, "Is Enforcer Wuyue the decision maker in the Luo Tong Residence? What about Residence Lord Huang?"

The guard grinned nastily, "Residence Lord Huang? What Residence Lord Huang, in our eyes that's just a wastrel that can't even reach the Saint realm. In our eyes, there're only Enforcer Wuyue and Zhang Quan!"

"That's right." Another guard chimed in, "We're guards recruited by Enforcer Wuyue, we only listen to Enforcer Wuyue. As for that dogfart Residence Lord Huang, ptui! A mid-level Xiantian realm garbage dares to dream of ordering us around?"

All four guards were First Order God realm. Even though they were merely First Order God Realm, they possessed a certain level of status on the Cloudsea Mainland. After all, in the Black Tortoise Galaxy, the strong made the rules.

All four guards were newly recruited to the Luo Tong Residence, but it was also the truth they did not put the so-called Residence Lord in their eyes.

"Since it's like that, there's no need for you lot to remain in the Luo Tong Residence." Huang Xiaolong's cold voice sounded. Before the four guards could react, Huang Xiaolong flickered, striking a punch toward them.

Four bodies instantly exploded.

One punch sent four guards to their deaths! Not even a chance to scream.

Killing intent thickened in Huang Xiaolong's eyes as he marched toward the residence's main hall.

Those in the main hall were stunned, turning their heads toward the hall entrance as the energy fluctuations from Huang Xiaolong's attack had alerted them.

"What is happening outside?" Wuyue frowned as he ordered the guard beside him, "Zhong Fei, you go out and take a look."

That guard acknowledged respectfully and was about to exit the hall when a cold voice sounded: "No need." In a split second, a fist force blew out, and that guard Zhong Fei ended up just like the four guards at the main entrance, bursting into smithereens. Not an inch of intact skin remained.

Only then did Huang Xiaolong's figure appear in front of everyone.

When Zhang Quan and Wuyue saw that it was Huang Xiaolong, both of them were slightly stunned.

"Xiaolong!"

"Sovereign!"

Huang Peng, Su Yan, Zhao Shu, and Zhang Fu all cried out happily.

"So, Eldest Young Master Huang has returned," A brief moment later, Wuyue recovered his calm, a sneer at the corner of his lips, "Eldest Young Master Huang is so mighty, killing my subordinate the moment you return."

Huang Xiaolong retorted sarcastically, "Your subordinate? Wuyue, you're merely a slave that I hired from the Azure Sea Firm, who gave you the authority to recruit guards into the Luo Tong Residence? And who anointed you as what dogfart Enforcer?!"

Wuyue's expression turned extremely ugly.

Zhang Quan smiled whilst not smiling, "Eldest Young Master Huang, we're doing this for the good of everyone here, the whole Luo Tong Residence's guards are just some weak Xiantian or Saint realms. How will these lowly slaves be able to protect Residence Lord Huang and the rest's safety?"

Huang Xiaolong snickered, "Meaning to say I'm supposed to feel grateful? You recruited these guards to protect my parents and the others. Then what is the purpose of me hiring you to Luo Tong Residence? To freeload here?"

Wuyue grew impatient and spoke in a biting tone, "Huang Xiaolong, don't think that just because you're the Black Warrior Institute Principal's personal disciple we wouldn't dare to cripple you! Let me tell you, even if we kill you, the Black Warrior Institute Principal can do nothing to us after we leave the Black Tortoise Galaxy!" Finished saying that, his momentum soared, about to make a killing move on Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong using the word slave back and forth had triggered the killing intent from the bottom of his heart.

He, a Tenth Order God Realm master, would be welcome in other galaxies' super forces and families, be it the Azure Dragon Galaxy, White Tiger Galaxy, or Vermillion Bird Galaxy, given the high, respected position of Grand Elder. He need not squat in this dump being some shit guard. If it weren't because he was in an urgent need of money to purchase a divine armor, he wouldn't even spare a glance at this sesame-sized Luo Tong Residence. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 1 25
I'm literally so emotional this is finished!
59.2K 2.3K 58
Welcome to Date me, an online social network dating application!
158K 6K 95
36.4K 777 16
ⒽⓊⒶⓃⒼ ⓜⒾⓃⒼⒽⒶⓄ ⒿⓊⓈⓉⒾⓃ ғѧṭє ƿѧяṭєԀ ȗṡ, ɞȗṭ ıṭ ѧʟṡȏ ɞяȏȗɢһṭ ȗṡ ɞѧċҡ ṭȏɢєṭһєя. Childhood friends, who got separated and had to continue their lives in...