Invincible

By Jepnox2nd

More

1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
181-200
201-220
221-240
241-260
261-280
281-300
301-320
321-340
341-360
361-380
381-400
401-420
421-440
441-460
461-480
481-500
501-520
541-560
561-580
581-600
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
681-700
701-720
721-740
741-760
761-780
781-800
801-820
821-840
841-860
861-880
881-900
901-920
921-940
941-980
961-980
981-1000
1001-1020
1021-1040
1041-1060
1061-1080
1081-1100
1101-1120

521-540

2K 59 2
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 521: Black Warrior Institute's Top Ten

As if sensing Huang Xiaolong's doubts, Zhao Shu took it upon himself to explain, "Other than the disciple admission selection once every two hundred years, there is another method to be admitted inside the Black Warrior Institute without going through the selection process. Every Grand Elder, Vice Institute Principal, and Institute Principal has special rights that allow them to directly recruit a disciple."

Direct recruitment! Huang Xiaolong's interest was stirred.

"However, there are billions of so-called geniuses in the Black Tortoise Galaxy, it is harder than imagined to catch the eye of a Black Warrior Institute Grand Elder, more so for the Vice Institute Principal and Institute Principal." Zhang Fu said.

Huang Xiaolong lowered his head in contemplation. He has no doubts that Li Lu caught the eye of a Black Warrior Institute Grand Elder, Vice Institute Principal, or the Principal, hence was directly brought in as a Black Warrior Institute disciple.

Huang Xiaolong suddenly remembered Li Molin saying that Li Lu possessed a unique physique. It seems that Li Lu's innate talent was far beyond what he estimated, otherwise it wouldn't be able to explain how the top fellows from the Black Warrior Institute recruited her directly.

Was this the reason why Li Lu's strength was so formidable the last time they met?

Huang Xiaolong asked Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu many more questions about the Black Warrior Institute. Both of them told Huang Xiaolong all they knew.

The Black Warrior Institute had existed for more than thirty million years!

When Huang Xiaolong heard Zhao Shu say that the Black Warrior Institute was established more than thirty million years ago by a master sword cultivator, he was astounded. He had assumed, in the beginning, that the Black Warrior Institute was at most several million years old, however, its long foundation was beyond his imagination.

Even so, what Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu knew about the institute was extremely limited to things like the current principal, Grand Elders, such and so on.

They were aware that in every disciple selection process, the institute would send the registered participants to a place call Deepwood Star to hunt for demonic beasts, loitering demons, and other monsters as a process of elimination. The first one hundred participants with the highest scores would pass the test.

In general, those who managed to enter top one hundred were Ninth Order, Tenth Order Saint realm experts and above!

It took a while for Huang Xiaolong to recover from this shock. Saint realm Ninth Order, Tenth Order, and above?!

Following the Black Warrior Institute's rules of not accepting those over two hundred years of age, didn't that mean that all these geniuses managed to break through all the way to Ninth Order Saint realm, Tenth Order Saint realm, and above, in less than two hundred years?

If that was true, in the whole Martial Spirit World surface, other than Huang Xiaolong, there was no other genius that would fit that requirement.

In the Martial Spirit World, if one managed to step into the Saint realm within three hundred years of cultivation, they would already be considered a genius among geniuses, and even those were few in number. Forget about breaking through all the way into the Ninth or Tenth Order in less than two hundred years of cultivation!

Duan Ren, for example, the legendary emperor of Snow Wind Continent, had spent more than one thousand years cultivating, but he had yet to reach the Eight Order Saint realm, much less Ninth Order or Tenth Order.

Putting it in the crudest manner, before the geniuses inside the vast Black Tortoise Galaxy, Duan Ren was poop, even less than the mud beneath one's feet.

Moments later, Huang Xiaolong excused Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu.

"Honestly, you need not belittle yourself." At some point, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice sounded, "There are more than a hundred and twenty thousand world surfaces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy, filled with great talents and monstrous geniuses, but you can definitely be placed in the top ten within the last ten million years of history."

Placed in the top ten within the last ten million years of history! This was Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's evaluation of Huang Xiaolong. If these words were to spread in the Black Tortoise Galaxy, it would cause a great uproar.

In ten million years of history, top ten! What did that concept encompass?!

Not even the current Black Warrior Institute's Principal could claim the same! One must know, the Black Warrior Institute changed its Principal every fifty to sixty thousand years. Including the current Institute Principal, there had been over five hundred generations of principals. And every appointed Institute Principal was the cream of the crop, outstanding geniuses that overshadowed their generation of top geniuses. Not even the current Black Warrior Institute Principal would dare to claim that he could garner a top ten spot amongst the over five hundred predecessors!

Much less the other prominent forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy.

Each genius from sects or big families that were recognized as prominent forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy has astonishing talents.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head after hearing Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's evaluation, obviously dissatisfied with the evaluation received.

'Only top ten?'

If it was only top ten within the Black Tortoise Galaxy, then what about the Azure Dragon Galaxy? What about the White Tiger Galaxy, and also the Vermillion Bird Galaxy? With the four big galaxies, where would he be placed? Ranked forty?

Meaning these four big galaxies to the countless galaxies governed by other Divine World Surfaces?

The Dragon Emperor smiled a little helplessly seeing Huang Xiaolong shaking his head, "You brat! Do you think the number one spot is as simple as sunbathing? Not even the first Black Warrior Institute Principal dared to say that he was the number one person, above all!"

Huang Xiaolong smiled sheepishly, asking, "What are your thoughts about the Black Warrior Institute?"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi instantly understood the meaning of Huang Xiaolong's words.

"The Black Warrior Institute has existed for more than thirty million years, its accumulated resources are terrifying, cultivating there would be beneficial to you. The divine grade spirit pellets and divine rank techniques are countless, moreover, if you become of Black Warrior Institute disciple, this identity itself would create a lot of convenience in moving around the Black Tortoise Galaxy."

Huang Xiaolong nodded in agreement, those were facts.

What Huang Xiaolong was keen on was the identity of a Black Warrior Institute disciple. He killed Star Sword Sect's Young Noble Absolute Kill, and the Ying Family's Ying Tian, sooner or later these two parties would find out that this matter was done by him. If he had the identity of a Black Warrior Institute disciple, at least on the surface, neither the Star Sword Sect nor the Ying Family would dare deal with him blatantly.

"Say, what ranking could I get if I register to participate in the selection?" Huang Xiaolong asked casually, more of out curiosity.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi replied, "Relying on your current strength, you definitely can easily pass the test, but it might be a little difficult to get the first place. Top three is most likely."

"Top three?" Huang Xiaolong was surprised. He half expected the old dragon to say that he could get the top spot, but... only top three?

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi chuckled, "Yes, your talent is heaven-defying, but your period of cultivation is a little too short, less than thirty years, whereas some of the participating geniuses have spent close to two hundred years of their lives in cultivation, their foundation is deeper than you think. Some might even have advanced into the God Realm. These geniuses' God Realm strength is definitely not a level that Deities Templar's Ying Tian can compare with."

Huang Xiaolong fell silent.

"But then again, geniuses that cultivated for no more than two hundred years and yet are able to advance into God Realm are definitely less than three." Dragon Emperor added, "The year when I registered for the test, I coincidentally ran into two monstrous geniuses that broke through into the God Realm."

Huang Xiaolong was stunned. The meaning of his words was that Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was also a disciple of the Black Warrior Institute?!

"Indeed, I'm also one of Black Warrior Institute's disciples. That year, I took the second place." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's reminiscence was laced with a taste of bragging

Participating in the Black Warrior Institute selection test, being able to stand out from billions of people, snatching the second spot, indeed it was something to feel proud about.

"Who took first place?" Huang Xiaolong couldn't resist asking. Even Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi only managed to snatch the second place, it made him morbidly curious about the first place scorer.

"A genius disciple from the Jiang Family." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi recalled, "The Jiang Family is one of Black Tortoise Galaxy's prominent forces."

As for what that Jiang Family disciple was called, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi did not mention.

Chapter 522: Leaving the Martial Spirit World

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi did not share the name of the person who took first place that year and Huang Xiaolong chose not to pursue the topic further.

Still, there were three years left until the next Black Warrior Institute enrolment selection, giving Huang Xiaolong ample time, hence he decided to stay and cultivate in the Martial Spirit World for the time being. He aimed to break through to peak late-Tenth Order Sain realm before the time arrived for the Institute's disciple selection.

In this time's selection process, his aim was not the top three spots, but the first place!

First place!

The rewards for the first place, second place, and third place were of a different magnitude altogether. Furthermore, the first place would provide Huang Xiaolong with certain prerogatives in the institute.

This was an additional reward given by the Black Warrior Institute to the first place holder in every disciple selection.

Since he had already turned the Ghost Domain upside down, for his next training, Huang Xiaolong chose the Origin Forest. He had subjugated the Poison Corpse Scarabs inside the Origin Forest, and the Ancient Dragon Clan ruins were also found in the Origin Forest. A place that existed since the ancient times, he believed there would surely be half-step God Realm demonic beasts lurking in the deeper parts of the forest.

Three months later, deep inside the Origin Forest.

An enormous crocodile approximately six hundred meters in length, and several meters thick plummeted to the ground from high altitude. There was a large gaping hole in the middle of its skull, nary a sign of life could be detected from it.

Huang Xiaolong floated down from midair, his feet touching the ground in front of the lifeless giant crocodile. A light flick from the Blades of Asura in his hand, digging a beast core out with ease.

This was a giant crocodile covered in thick golden scales, hence its name, Golden Scaled Croc, a demonic beast that retained its ancestral bloodline with the strength of a peak half-step God Realm.

After taking out its beast core, Huang Xiaolong sat down cross-legged to refine the beast core on the spot.

One hour later, he stood up, having completely refined the energy inside the beast core.

During these three months spent inside the Origin Forest, he killed seven half-step God Realm as well as two peak half-step God Realm demonic beasts. At this point, Huang Xiaolong was too lazy to be bothered with those peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm beasts. Only beast cores from half-step God Realm and above could bring some small amount of benefit to him.

In these several months of cultivating the Treasure Dragon Protective Shield Art, his True Dragon Physique was visibly strengthened, speeding up his demonic energy absorption rate. His rate of purifying the demonic energy through the Dragon Pearl also saw drastic improvements.

In the past, refining a half-step God Realm beast core would take him three to four hours, but now he could do it within one hour.

Looking at the Golden Scaled Croc corpse lying in front of him, Huang Xiaolong released the Poison Corpse Scarabs from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. These little critters had been continuously transforming and evolving at rapid speed in recent days due to the abundant supply of half-step God Realm demonic beast corpses. Each small Poison Corpse Scarab's strength was now on par with a Tenth Order Saint realm warrior.

Several tens of thousands of Tenth Order Saint realm level warriors could easily kill a peak half-step God Realm master.

Days passed and now it was Huang Xiaolong's fourth month in the Origin Forest, stopping above a waterfall in a certain deep area of the forest.

By now, it was safe to say that nearly all half-step God Realm and above demonic beasts had been killed by Huang Xiaolong, refined and absorbed, turning into part of his strength. Therefore, staying any longer here would be meaningless.

With that thought in mind, his silhouette flickered into a blur, making his way out from the Origin Forest.

Just as he appeared back in the Southern Hill Estate, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu came to report about the completion of the Huang Clan Manor's reconstruction.

"The Huang Clan Manor is ready?" Huang Xiaolong was pleasantly surprised.

When he gave the task to rebuild the Huang Clan Manor to Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu, the deadline was one year, but merely ten months had passed since then.

Huang Peng and Su Yan were overwhelmed with joy when the news reached their ears and they were ready to move back to the Huang Clan Manor on that very day. Watching his parents' jubilant and enthusiastic expressions, Huang Xiaolong was utterly powerless, hence, gathering his parents and siblings, they departed to the new Huang Clan Manor on the same day.

This time, each of them rode on a peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm level demonic beast, reducing the traveling time they needed to reach the Huang Clan Manor in the Luo Tong Kingdom.

Everyone wore stupefied expressions as they jumped off the backs of their mounts to the ground staring at the new Huang Clan Manor that looked more like an imperial palace with its layers upon layer of buildings, blossoming flowers and sounds of singing birds....

It took a moment for them to recover from the shocking sight before proceeding to enter through the main doors.

The Huang Clan Manor's main entrance was over fifty meters tall, wide enough to accommodate two horse carriages passing through them at the same time, resembling the imperial city gates in splendor.

The group continued to walk in along the corridors.

Along the way, lush shrubs and trees adorned the structures, fragrant flowers danced in the gentle breeze, gurgling water flowed endlessly from the rock mountain. The garden pavilion pillars were decorated with life-like carvings inlaid with precious gemstones, yet it still exuded a trace of warmth amidst the magnificence.

The old parts of the Huang Clan Manor weren't demolished, instead, they were repaired and re-decorated to look as good as new.

Huang Xiaolong nodded his head, very satisfied with the results. Of course, Huang Peng, Su Yan, and the others liked the new environment very much too.

"You have done well." Huang Xiaolong turned over, praising Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu who were following at the back.

Both Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu were finally able to breathe in relief after hearing Huang Xiaolong's compliment. In these ten months, they had literally squeezed out every idea and effort possible to rebuild this Huang Clan Manor. Even upon completion, they were still worried that the Sovereign or the Huang Family might find it less than satisfactory.

With the manor readied, the next order of things would be selecting the guards and maids. Other than the few guards and maids who followed the Huang Family from way back, the newly selected ones were all Martial Spirit World's Tenth Order Saint realm experts and above, placed in every corner to ensure the safety of the Huang Clan Manor. All in all, Huang Xiaolong picked three hundred Tenth Order Saint realm experts, not too much, and not too little.

He would leave the Martial Spirit World in the coming days, therefore the Huang Clan Manor's defense needed to be up to par.

Lastly, Huang Xiaolong placed the Ghosts and Devils Flag above the Huang Clan Manor's airspace, enveloping the entire Huang Clan Manor and the mountain behind it into the array formation, releasing the numerous peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm ghost creatures that he subjugated in the Ghost Domain to guard the formation flag in the center.

Later, with these many peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm ghost creatures and the three hundred experts of Tenth Order and above guarding the place, they had the chance of holding the fort even if the enemy was a God Realm master.

Although the Ghost and Devils Flag was placed in the airspace above the Huang Clan Manor, it integrated into the surrounding space, and thus, if not triggered by any ghostly energy, everything in he Huang Clan Manor as well as the back mountain appeared just like any other place. Not even a God Realm master could tell any difference.

With everything in place, Huang Xiaolong held a grand banquet, inviting experts from all four corners of the Martial Spirit World.

The two months following that were mostly spent with his family, passing peaceful days in cheer and laughter.

...

The bright moon hung brilliantly in the dark sky.

Huang Xiaolong stood on a mountain peak at the back of the Huang Clan Manor, seemingly looking at the rolling waves in the distance. Shi Xiaofei stood beside him, quietly watching him.

She already knew that the man in front of her had decided to leave the Martial Spirit World in the morning. She too spent the last two months in the Huang Clan Manor, and it was the happiest two months of her life.

"Big brother Huang, have you really decided to participate in the Black Warrior Institute disciple selection?" More time passed before Shi Xiaofei finally spoke.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, his hand reached out to hold Shi Xiaofei's petite hand, grasping it firmly.

Although there were still two years left before the Black Warrior Institute was open for registration, he felt that continuing to stay in Martial Spirit World had no way of helping him advance to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm before then.

According to his rough estimation, for him to break through to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm, he would need to refine at least one hundred half-step God Realm beast cores.

No doubt, he Martial Spirit World did not have that many half-step God Realm demonic beasts.

Consequently, he could only bring forth the day of departure.

Chapter 523: Central Starfield

"Big brother Huang, will you return?" Shi Xiaofei's beautiful eyes gazed sadly at Huang Xiaolong, already teary and red-rimmed.

Huang Xiaolong's fingers lovingly caressed Shi Xiaofei's soft, long hair, coaxing in low whispers, "Silly girl, of course I will return. After becoming a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple, I will definitely return."

According to Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi, as long as he stepped into the God Realm, he would be qualified to become a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple. The institute did not restrict the freedom of an inner disciple. At that time, Huang Xiaolong would be free to come back to the Martial Spirit World. With his cultivation speed, it shouldn't take him long to achieve it.

Shi Xiaofei let out a giggle, which turned into peals of laughter hearing Huang Xiaolong's promise that he would return once he became a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple. Her laughing face was soul-stirring.

Huang Xiaolong suddenly reached out, pulling Shi Xiaofei into his embrace, causing her to blush all the way to her ears. In Huang Xiaolong's embrace, she felt safe, warm, and comfortable.

"You must work hard too, you have an innate Buddha Physique, if you can awaken the internal Buddhism energy, then your cultivation will soar, improving by leaps and bounds. Who knows, maybe you'll reach the Highgod Realm even faster than me." Huang Xiaolong teased.

Shi Xiaofei was born with an innate Buddha Physique, moreover, it was the strongest kind amongst the known Buddha Physiques, called Pure Luminance Enlightened Buddha Physique. He knew this because Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi told him.

At the moment, however, Shi Xiaofei had yet to awaken her internal Buddhism energy, thus unable to display the potential of her Buddha Physique. Once she awakened it later, her cultivation speed would be horrifying.

Nevertheless, awakening the internal Buddhism energy could only rely on the person herself, Huang Xiaolong couldn't help even if he wanted to.

"Big brother Huang, I definitely will." Shi Xiaofei tilted her head up to look at Huang Xiaolong, determination shining in her beautiful eyes.

Night gradually gave way to daylight.

The rising sun's brilliance was reflected on the sea surface as waves after waves washed up on the shore.

When morning came, Huang Xiaolong and Shi Xiaofei made their way back to the Huang Clan Manor.

By this hour, everyone had gathered in the Huang Clan Manor's new main hall in a gloomy atmosphere, knowing that Huang Xiaolong would be leaving the Martial Spirit World.

Seeing the two of them walking in, everyone stood up.

Huang Xiaolong signaled everyone to sit as he began reminding them one by one what they should take note of after he left the Martial Spirit World.

In the future, the Starcloud Continent would be overseen by Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu, the Ten Directions Continent would be taken care of by the Violet Spirit Devourer Monkey Huang Xiaoyong, as for the Snow Wind Continent, Huang Xiaolong assigned it to his future father-in-law, the Blessed Buddha Emperor, Shi Fantian. Lastly, the Bedlam Lands would be looked after by one of the demonic beast subordinates of his, a peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm.

Huang Xiaolong instructed each one of them with great detail.

...

Three hours later, before the Huang Clan Manor's grand front entrance, Huang Xiaolong glanced at the faces of his parents, younger brother Huang Xiaohao, younger sister Huang Min, Shi Xiaofei, the Heaven Swallowing Beast Lil' Tian, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and the rest. He then turned around and leaped to the sky, disappearing from everyone's sight.

Su Yan watched Huang Xiaolong's shadow disappear in a flash from her eyes and tears started falling from her teary eyes. This scene reminded her of the time from more than twenty years ago when Huang Xiaolong was just a small child, leaving the Huang Clan Manor.

In the blink of an eye, more than two decades had passed.

"Alright, let's go back." Huang Peng hugged his wife's shoulder in a consoling manner, sounding a little somber himself, "Don't worry, nothing will happen to Long'er. Didn't he promise that he'll return once he becomes an inner disciple of the Black Warrior Institute."

In these years, never once did their son disappoint them.

Su Yan nodded.

...

At this point, Huang Xiaolong had reached the sky's highest point. Under his feet were the Martial Spirit World's seas and mountains spanning to the horizon. The initial transmission array built in the Martial Spirit World was destroyed in the Great Fiendgod War, which was why Huang Xiaolong had to rely on his own strength to leave, tearing through the Martial Spirit World's natural barrier and chaotic space layer to reach the outer space.

Huang Xiaolong continued to tear through space as he flew higher up, the vigor qi around him easily tore apart the natural barrier in the higher atmosphere. Just like this, Huang Xiaolong continued to fly higher and higher, reaching the chaotic space layer.

In the chaotic space layer, natural-formed lightning ran rampant, fire, and blacksand filled his sight.

Regardless of their strength, early-level Saint realm experts or mid-level Saint realm experts, no one would look lightly on these lethal natural-formed streaks of lightning and blacksand, but Huang Xiaolong was nonchalant, unperturbed as these streaks of lightning, fire, and blacksand hit his body. Instead, he used this chance to temper his True Dragon Physique.

Very soon, he reached the center of the chaotic space layer.

"Little Huang brat, this chaotic space layer contains both the time and space laws. Although it's a little chaotic, if you can stay here in the center to cultivate, it would bring great benefits to you when you're breaking into the God Realm." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said.

Hearing this, Huang Xiaolong did not hesitate at all, sitting cross-legged on the spot. As expected, in mere moments, Huang Xiaolong already sensed the time and space laws contained within the chaos.

Huang Xiaolong remained like this for an entire month, comprehending traces of the time and space laws.

In the chaotic space layer, the flow of energy was extremely violent. It could easily tear apart an average high-level Saint realm expert's body, but when these violent flows brushed past Huang Xiaolong, he remained still.

One month later, Huang Xiaolong stood up.

Judging based on appearance alone, Huang Xiaolong looked no different from one month before, but only he knew that his comprehension toward the time and space laws had increased several folds, which also enhanced his attack power.

"Really not too bad, your comprehensive ability is stronger than I expected." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi generously gave a word of praise, "With your talent and comprehensive ability, you will definitely be able to break through to God Realm within ten years' time."

"Ten years is too long." Huang Xiaolong remarked.

"Ten years is still too long?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was rendered speechless. "In the top ten thousand of the Black Tortoise Galaxy's monstrous geniuses, they could cultivate from Xiantian to peak half-step God Realm in less than a hundred years, however, from peak half-step God Realm to God Realm, they spent much more than a hundred years!"

"You're only a late-Tenth Order Saint realm now, being able to break through into the God Realm within ten years, this speed is absolutely first in the entire Black Warrior Institute!"

Late-Tenth Order Saint realm, peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm, half-step God Realm, peak half-step God Realm, only after that would one arrive at the God Realm!

In ten years' time at that! This speed could indeed be hailed as number one in the whole black Tortoise Galaxy.

In his time, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi took close to two decades to climb from peak half-step God Realm to God Realm.

Huang Xiaolong gave a sheepish smile, but not a sound came from him. Moments later, he began to tear through the chaotic space layer, continuously moving up until all of a sudden his body trembled, feeling light like a load was taken off his body. Scanning around, all he could see around him was a vast space filled with stars, infinite.

Silent, spacious and empty, faraway, primeval.

This was Huang Xiaolong's first impression of this vast, boundless space.

Lowering his eyes to look at the Martial Spirit World below him, he breathed in deeply. There was a feeling of novelty, leaving the Martial Spirit World for the first time. He felt a little excitement as well as uncertainty.

A short moment later, Huang Xiaolong managed to calm down his emotions.

Looking around at the vast space, he thought 'Where shall I go next?' He posed this question to Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi thought for a moment before speaking, "Head to the Central Starfield."

"Central Starfield?" Huang Xiaolong was dazed for a moment.

"Right, the Central Starfield. The Black Warrior Institute holds its registrations every time in the Central Starfield. Flying at your current full speed, it will still take you slightly over a year to reach that place. Moreover, the Central Starfield has many shops, when you arrive there you can straight away buy half-step God Realm beast cores to refine so you can breakthrough to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm." Dragon Ao Taiyi revealed.

Chapter 524: Three Thousand Unique Physiques

"What, more than a year!?"

Hearing Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi say that reaching that so-called Central Starfield would require more than a year's time while flying at full speed, he was flabbergasted. At his current strength, going at full speed, he was way faster than any First Order God Realm warrior.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi snorted, "What's so strange about this? The galaxy is so vast, not even a Highgod Realm master could say for sure how big it is. A duration of a little more than one year is still due to its close distance to the Martial Spirit World, if the Martial Spirit World was located on the edge in some remote position of the Black Tortoise Galaxy, who knows if you could even arrive at Central Starfield in three years' time."

This made Huang Xiaolong feel a little down. More than a year's time!

Spending more than a year's time to rush all the way there? There were a little over two years left until the deadline for the registration, Huang Xiaolong was unwilling to waste half of that time in that way.

"Actually, flying across the galaxy is a good training for you. While flying in the boundless space, you can take advantage of the abundant galaxy force to temper your True Dragon Physique further. Moreover, there exists a type of lightning energy in the galaxy, absorbing this energy would cleanse your soul force." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added.

"This lightning energy can cleanse the soul?" Huang Xiaolong was stunned. Even some of the most precious divine grade spirit pellets were unable to cleanse the soul.

When humans were born, their soul and body alike had impurities, and these impurities affected a person's cultivation path. For a cultivator, the clarity of their soul determined their cultivation achievements.

A person with high soul clarity would assuredly reap better results in their cultivation path, for such person was more likely to enter into an enlightenment state during cultivation. Hence, their results would far exceed several hundred times, even a thousand times those of cultivators that had not experienced any enlightenment.

"That's right. This lightning energy can cleanse the soul." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi continued, "This lightning energy is hidden deep within space, it's definitely not something an average person is capable of absorbing, and only a certain group of people that possess top unique physiques are able to absorb and refine it."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes showed obvious doubt.

Only those that possess top unique physiques? Could it be that he too possessed a unique physique?

As if knowing the doubt swirling in Huang Xiaolong's mind, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, "Every part of your True Dragon Physique was built by the Dragon Pearl and true dragon essence. Among the three thousand unique physiques under the heavens, the top one hundred unique physiques can be considered as pinnacle unique physiques among the three thousand. And amongst these three thousand unique physiques, the True Dragon Physique is ranked fourth place!"

Huang Xiaolong was agape with shock.

He had no idea that his True Dragon Physique was actually a unique physique, moreover, one that was ranked fourth!

Fourth!

"What did you expect? Otherwise, would I ever say that your talent can enter top ten in the last ten million years of the Black Tortoise Galaxy?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi chided. "Still, a person's own talent and comprehension ability are crucial as well. In the past, I've come across a true freak of a genius. He doesn't have any of the listed three thousand unique physiques, but his comprehension ability was extremely scary, regardless what kind of cultivation techniques or battle skills they threw at him, he merely needed to look at them once to learn them."

"Learned them at a glance?" Huang Xiaolong was astonished.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi nodded, "Correct, that's why his cultivation speed was extremely terrifying, he merely used one hundred and ten years to break through to God Realm."

Huang Xiaolong felt humbled, it seemed like his knowledge of this vast galaxy was too shallow.

"Those three thousand unique physiques, what are the top three ones?" He couldn't resist asking, he was curious which three kinds of unique physiques were able to rank higher than his True Dragon Physique.

But Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi sounded hesitant, "This... you will know once you reached the Central Starfield. There is no use knowing about it now, but your True Dragon Physique was achieved under special circumstances, there are slight differences to the known innate True Dragon Physique. The potential of your physique is hidden, so even a Highgod Realm master would not be able see that you have the True Dragon Physique."

Huang Xiaolong choked, he didn't expect the Old Dragon to suddenly withhold information about the top three unique physiques, hanging his appetite. But knowing that his True Dragon Physique could be hidden from the Highgod Realm masters' scrutiny comforted him.

To Huang Xiaolong, it was best that no one found out that he had the True Dragon Physique.

"But your True Dragon Physique is probably stronger than the innate True Dragon Physique." Emperor Ao Taiyi suddenly added.

"Meaning?" Huang Xiaolong was intrigued.

"That's because your True Dragon Physique was built by the Dragon Pearl. Even though the Dragon Pearl is our Dragon Clan's heritage treasure, honestly, even I am not clear about its true origin. I only know that the Dragon Pearl is a treasure amongst treasure from the Divine World's Dragon God Surface. Furthermore, an innate True Dragon Physique cannot transform or evolve any further, but I noticed that your True Dragon Physique can continuously evolve." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained.

The Dragon Pearl was actually a treasure among treasures from the Divine World's Dragon God Surface!

Just as Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, after swallowing and refining fifteen primordial divine dragons, his True Dragon Physique had indeed grown stronger. He even had an indistinct feeling that, following this path, his True Dragon Physique could evolve even further, stronger, more powerful.

If Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi did not mention this to him, he would have naturally assumed that all of this was normal. Yet, this was great news.

If he continued to change, to evolve, wouldn't that mean that Huang Xiaolong's unique True Dragon Physique was a freak monstrosity that surpassed the number one unique physique?

Huang Xiaolong suppressed the sudden surge of excitement.

A while later, under Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's guidance, Huang Xiaolong ran his battle qi, shooting across the vast galaxy toward the Central Starfield.

Flying at full speed in outer space, Huang Xiaolong immediately felt an invisible resistance, this was what Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi called astral force. The resistance from this astral force gave Huang Xiaolong a feeling as if he was trying his hardest to swim against the deep currents in a river.

Huang Xiaolong began running the Asura Tactics inside his body, allowing this astral force to temper his True Dragon Physique, just like how the river water washed away the dirt on his body.

Speeding forward, Huang Xiaolong tried the method given by Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi to sense the lightning energy hidden deep within the galaxy space.

Indeed, before long, Huang Xiaolong vaguely sensed the lightning energy. Minuscule, weak, almost negligible and far between, roughly a few fine silk threads of lightning in ten thousand li of space. Each thread was approximately the length of a finger.

Despite the scarcity of this tiny lightning silk, after absorbing and refining it the entire way, Huang Xiaolong felt a clear difference in the clarity of his soul.

The result was even more evident after half a year.

If, before this, Huang Xiaolong's soul resembled a piece of white paper covered in dust, then now, a large part of this dust had been blown away. The white paper that used to appear gray had now turned grayish-white.

Half a year of flying had greatly polished the potential of Huang Xiaolong's True Dragon Physique, at the same time strengthening the effect of his battle qi and true essence energy. At this point, Huang Xiaolong transformed into the Asura Physique, spreading out his Wings of Demon, and continued flying at breakneck speed in space. Passing world surfaces one after another, uninhabited stars appeared time and again, slowly becoming a scene left behind by Huang Xiaolong.

After eight months, Huang Xiaolong slowed down, descending on an uninhabited star up ahead.

Chapter 525: Innate Spiritual Embryo

Originally, Huang Xiaolong had thought that this planet was uninhabited, which spurred his decision to make a rest stop here, but the moment his feet touched the land, he immediately sensed a peculiarity.

"There's something odd about this planet," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi affirmed.

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

He did not expect Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi to have the same feeling. Since Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi confirmed his suspicion, then there was definitely something not right with this planet.

"With your current speed, we'll be able to reach the Central Starfield in four months, there's ample time." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, "Let's explore this planet first.'"

Huang Xiaolong had exactly the same intention. Thus, he moved forward with his feet hovering close to the surface.

As he moved forward, Huang Xiaolong only saw sand and stones on the ground around him. Sand and stones of a dull black color, there wasn't a hint of green vitality to be found. Even its airspace was a gloomy gray with an endless sandstorm covering a large area.

"Every shred of this planet's life energy, even the time and space laws in the chaotic layer, feels like it was extracted by something." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi spoke "Because of this, the planet feels dead, without a hint of life. I truly cannot detect any shred of the time and space laws."

Huang Xiaolong asked, "Could there be some great master cultivating an evil technique here, extracting this planet's vitality as well as its time and space laws?"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi shook his head, "Not possible. No one can extract the time and space laws, including Highgod realm masters. Not to mention the fact that some planets hold a terrifying amount of life energy, even if a Highgod Realm master tried to extract a planet's life energy, he would barely be able to extract half of it in ten thousand years."

Huang Xiaolong did not say anything. Instead, he opened his Eye of Hell, looking deep into the ground, noticing some strands of greenish energy underneath.

Those green energy strands contained abundant life energy.

"Underground?" When Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi heard Huang Xiaolong mention the green energy beneath the earth, he was dazed for a second before a shiver ran down his body: "Could it be...?! Quick, go down below!"

"Go down?" Huang Xiaolong smiled a little helplessly. Despite having refined fifteen primordial divine dragons, which enabled him to control the water, ground, metal, fire, and wood elements in his surroundings, he could, at most, only enter about a hundred zhang underground. If he went any deeper than that, he couldn't do anything.

The reason was his lack of strength.

"I'll take you." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, immediately rushing out from the Dragon Pearl. His five-clawed divine golden dragon body wound the space around Huang Xiaolong. With a twist, he carried Huang Xiaolong into the ground in an instant, moving deeper and deeper inside.

A brief moment later, both of them reached five hundred meters underground, where Huang Xiaolong saw the green threads of energy. When Huang Xiaolong and Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi arrived underground, these green energy strands floated close around them.

Huang Xiaolong inhaled, breathing in some of the green energy into his body. His body trembled, feeling unbelievably refreshed. The Asura battle qi inside his body felt much purer in an instant. What Huang Xiaolong found hard to believe was the fact that these green energy strands actually contained the time and space laws!

Close to him, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was ecstatic, "Come, let's check out in front." Not waiting for a reply, he wrapped around Huang Xiaolong and flew forward.

The further they went, the denser the green energy grew, exuding a more buoyant life energy.

Looking around, Huang Xiaolong noticed that the dull sand and stones were no longer in sight. Instead, they had entered a pale green space, similar to a space opened by Highgod Realm masters.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi continued to fly forward while carrying Huang Xiaolong for about an hour before they finally stopped.

Huang Xiaolong looked up ahead, immediately spotting a large green, jade-like stone hovering not far from them. It was a jade green rhombus shaped column, reaching two adult men's height combined. The green jade column was almost a clear translucent green, just like a crystal. Inside the jade stone were bubbles of green liquid that constantly moved, vaguely forming the shape of a human.

"It really is a spiritual embryo bred by nature!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi exclaimed with an excited face.

Huang Xiaolong had never seen this old dragon become so excited since his resurrection. He turned back toward the bubbles of green liquid inside the jade stone, 'Is this stuff so good?'

Spiritual embryo?

Despite his suspicions, Huang Xiaolong keenly felt that refining the green liquid inside this jade stone would surely help him breakthrough to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm.

Even reaching half-step God Realm!

By this time, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi and Huang Xiaolong were standing right in front of the green jade stone column, while Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi circled the column again and again, muttering incessantly, "Peerless treasure ah, peerless treasure!"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi probably repeated these few words about a hundred times, making Huang Xiaolong feel as if his ears grew calluses from it.

"I say, Old Dragon, is this stuff so great?" Huang Xiaolong couldn't resist asking out loud.

Although he was quite sure that this thing here could help him advance to half-step God Realm, he couldn't empathize with the Old Dragon's exaggerated excitement to the point of being unable to differentiate north from south.

Huang Xiaolong's voice gradually calmed Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's surging emotions, but it was still evident that his excitement had yet to dissipate, "Little Huang brat, this is because you have no idea how precious this thing is. Let me tell you, just this green jade stone on the outside is more valuable than any divine grade spirit stone."

"What, more valuable than divine grade spirit stone?!" Huang Xiaolong was dumbfounded, finding it hard to believe. To his knowledge, beneath the Divine World, the highest grade of spirit stone was none other than divine grade spirit stone. In the whole Black Tortoise Galaxy, divine grade spirit stones were considered a precious commodity.

One of the reason was their scarcity in the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy. Even the super forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy would feel reluctant to use the divine grade spirit stones in their possession, for the time it took for a piece of divine grade spirit stone to form required several tens of thousands of years. Once one was used, there would one piece less in the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy.

Yet, the Old Dragon claimed that this green jade stone far exceeded any divine grade spirit stones' value.

Huang Xiaolong's breathing quickened visibly.

"Ha, did I frighten you?" Sensing the changes in Huang Xiaolong, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi laughed, "And the green liquid inside this jade stone is not as simple as you think. That green liquid is a ten thousand times more valuable than the jade stone."

"Ten thousand times!!" Huang Xiaolong felt lightheaded all of a sudden.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "This green liquid is most likely formed from all the life energy on this planet, compressed into this concentrated form. Can you imagine the profuse amount of energy? I need not say more. What's truly rare is the time and space laws held within this green liquid, giving birth to spiritual intelligence!"

Formed from an entire planet's life energy!

Furthermore, containing an entire planet's time and space laws!

A feverish gleam burned in Huang Xiaolong's eyes.

"This green liquid already possesses a blurry spiritual intelligence, see, its close to forming a human shape. In another decade or so, it would break out from the stone, becoming a real living body!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi exclaimed. "This is the legendary innate spiritual embryo, I've only read about it in some ancient records, that every innate spiritual embryo's birth is world-shaking. Once it breaks out from the jade stone, it is already a God Realm master."

A God Realm master the moment it is born!

Huang Xiaolong's eyes widened in shock, wasn't that a tad too scary?

Chapter 526: Arriving In the Central Starfield

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was extremely satisfied looking at Huang Xiaolong's shocked face, chuckling as he said, "Frightened already? This innate spiritual embryo is a very rare existence, it's hard to come across one in a million years, and it takes that long to nurture one. Legend has it that one galaxy will only be able to breed one in every million years!"

Huang Xiaolong's widened eyes became even wider, "Meaning to say, this innate spiritual embryo in front of us is the only one in a million years? But this embryo has been nurtured here for close to one million years, why hasn't anyone found it?"

Lastly, Huang Xiaolong spoke the doubt in his mind.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyilet out another complacent chuckle, "You think that such precious thing can be found by just anyone? Heaven-defying treasures such as this innate spiritual embryo, don't even dream of it if you don't have heaven-defying luck! This is because lady luck is smiling upon you!"

Huang Xiaolong was rendered speechless, "Then, shall take this innate spiritual embryo away?"

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyinodded, "En, take it away now, I can sense that there's someone coming closer to this planet, move quickly!"

Huang Xiaolong was surprised at the revelation. But he was well aware that Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's spiritual sense was many times more powerful than his, if the Old Dragon said that there was someone coming, it was a fact that there was someone coming.

Immediately, Huang Xiaolong moved to collect the innate spiritual embryo.

Initially, it would be difficult for Huang Xiaolong to take away the innate spiritual embryo, for its had formed its own awareness and intelligence, however, with Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's help, everything went smoothly.

With Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's assistance, It didn't take Huang Xiaolong too much time to seal the innate spiritual embryo together with the rhombus jade stone column into the Godly Mt. Xumi, placing it at the center of the Ten Buddha Formation. They wanted to borrow the energy from the Ten Buddha Formation to suppress its resistance and continue nurturing the innate spiritual embryo.

When that was done, Huang Xiaolong looked at the walls around, there were pieces of green spirit stones attached to the surface of the walls. Many of those spirit stones were saint grade, some even reached divine grade.

Of course Huang Xiaolong would not waste such precious items that were just lying in front of him, moving quickly to collect them with care.

"Go!" Huang Xiaolong and Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi flew out from deep underground to the airspace above the planet. Only at this moment did Huang Xiaolong's spiritual sense feel someone moving in their direction at rapid speed.

There were six people in total.

The one leading the group was a young man of peak half-step God Realm cultivation, whereas the other five people were elders. All five were God Realm masters, but only First Order God Realm.

Huang Xiaolong was quick to conceal his aura and hid in a space pocket.

"Young Lord, was there really a treasure born here?" One of the five old men asked.

Jiang Shaoze nodded, "This is the result of my deduction from researching countless ancient records. It's on this planet. This planet is dull and dim, basically one cannot tell that there is a planet here unless they are close enough," he paused here before continuing, looking at the dark soil, "Not a breath of life can be felt from this planet, this is most likely the consequence of having all of its life energy swallowed by some innate treasure."

The five old men exchanged some glances amongst themselves.

"Young Lord is able to find such an innate treasure, it will surely be able to assist Young Lord in advancing into the God Realm. In the Black Warrior Institute disciple selection, Young Lord can absolutely snatch the first place!"

Jiang Shaoze said, "At first, I wasn't so confident in getting the first place, but now, I have full confidence that I will be able to defeat Gudu Leng, coming up above everyone else in this time's Black Warrior Institute selection!"

A powerful aura surged out from the young man's body. Above his head, one could actually see thunderclouds rumbling, taking many different shapes.

Huang Xiaolong fixed his gaze on that group of thunderclouds. He could tell that there's something strange to this hovering thunderstorm, and at the same time, he wondered what kind of cultivation technique this young man practiced.

"This is the Jiang Family's Grand Immortal Lightning Technique." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice sounded.

"The Jiang Family? This young man is a Jiang Family disciple?" Huang Xiaolong blinked twice.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi went on, "The Grand Immortal Lightning Technique is the Jiang Family's supreme cultivation technique, possessing a terrifying destructive power. Only the core members of the Jiang Family are allowed to practice this technique. No doubt, this young man is a Jiang Family disciple, one with high status within the family at that. When one reaches a certain achievement in the technique, their internal body will generate this Grand Immortal Lightning. This young man is your top rival in the coming Black Warrior Institute selection."

Huang Xiaolong nodded in agreement.

It was obvious that this Jiang Family young man was very strong despite the fact that the aura he projected belonged to a peak half-step God Realm. In fact, this young man was more powerful than the five old men behind him. Once this young man advanced into the God Realm, his strength would only be more terrifying.

Even so, Huang Xiaolong wasn't so perturbed by this Jiang Family young man. If this young man really did break through into the God Realm before the Black Warrior Institute selection deadline, Huang Xiaolong was still confident in defeating him with ease.

Huang Xiaolong's silhouette moved, flying away from the dim planet.

"Once this Jiang Family disciple finds out that the innate spiritual embryo has already been taken away by someone else, he'll surely go berserk." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi grinned wickedly.

"If you say it like this, it makes me feel abash." Huang Xiaolong smiled sheepishly. The other party had searched through several years of ancient records and deductions before getting here, but he actually snatched it away by merely passing by. It gave the impression of reaping the fruits of other people's toil.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi laughed, "Then why don't you yield the innate spiritual embryo to that Jiang Family disciple?" Of course, it was meant as a joke.

Very soon, Huang Xiaolong was already far away from that planet, once again flying at breakneck speed, continuing his journey.

When Huang Xiaolong mentioned that he wanted to find a safe place to refine the innate spiritual embryo, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi disagreed, "No, if you refine this innate spiritual embryo now, your strength will undeniably soar, but you will only be able to reach peak half-step God Realm at most. Now, there's only a fifty-fifty chance of breaking into the God Realm."

"In my opinion, it would be best if you wait until you're a peak half-step God realm before refining this innate spiritual embryo. At that time, not only can you step into the God Realm, there's a high chance you can advance all the way to the late-First Order God Realm. This way, you would be able to use the embryo to its fullest potential."

Huang Xiaolong was amazed, while Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi went on, "Peak half-step God Realm experts not only need to comprehend the time and space laws, when they are about to breakthrough they need an incredibly large amount of energy to support them, and the energy contained in this innate spiritual embryo can support you, supplying the energy needed for your breakthrough into the God Realm."

Subsequently, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained to Huang Xiaolong the uses of an innate spiritual embryo. The uses of an innate spiritual embryo, bred and nurtured for a million years, we're naturally not so simple.

Four months later, under Huang Xiaolong full speed flying effort, he finally reached the Central Starfield.

The Central Starfield itself was a vast collection of planets, belonging to many world surfaces. Following Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's instructions, Huang Xiaolong traveled in the direction of the Cloudsea Mainland at the center.

The Black Warrior Institute's selection registration was held on this Cloudsea Mainland.

Another month passed when Huang Xiaolong finally arrived at the Cloudsea Mainland.

Surveying the environment around him, Huang Xiaolong noted that the pillows of clouds high above were actually baby blue in color. This surprised Huang Xiaolong, for these clouds were not formed from waters vapor, but formed from spiritual energy.

He felt the ground shake when his feet touched the ground. Lowering his head to check, he noticed that even the sand and dust on the ground contained noticeable amounts of spiritual energy. Each one of these grains gave Huang Xiaolong the same feeling as a low-level spirit pellet.

Mere dust and sand on the ground contained spiritual energy comparable to a low-grade spirit pellet, one could imagine how rich the spiritual energy on this Cloudsea Mainland was.

"This Cloudsea Mainland is, in fact, an entire world surface, ten thousand times bigger than the Martial Spirit World." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "In the entire Cloudsea Mainland, there are ten thousand spiritual energy gathering formations. Numerous masters come together to lay out these formations during the desolate era. The Cloudsea Mainland is not only the Black Warrior Institute's registration place, it is also the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy's trading center. All super forces and big families in the Black Tortoise Galaxy have a storefront here on the Cloudsea Mainland."

Chapter 527: Exchanging Currency

Ten thousand times!

When Huang Xiaolong heard from Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi that the Cloudsea Mainland was ten thousand times bigger than Martial Spirit World, he was genuinely dumbfounded. How big was ten thousand times bigger? Huang Xiaolong found it hard to imagine.

Another thing that stuck in his mind was the fact that this Cloudsea Mainland actually had ten thousand spiritual energy gathering formations! No wonder even a small sand particle contained spiritual energy comparable to a low-grade spirit pellet.

But, didn't they need divine grade spirit stones as the core to lay out spiritual energy gathering formations? Merely the smallest scale spiritual energy gathering formation would require a hundred pieces of divine grade spirit stones. Ten thousand formations, how many divine grade spirit stones would that consume...?

If someone took away these ten thousand formations, just the amount of divine grade spirit stones was enough to make his wealth rival an entire galaxy.

"Take away these spiritual energy gathering formations?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi 'heard' Huang Xiaolong's thoughts and laughed, "These spiritual energy gathering formations have already been integrated with the entire Cloudsea Mainland by masters from desolate era using a secret technique. Even if an army of Highgod Realm masters comes, they wouldn't be able to take away a single part of these spiritual energy gathering formations."

As Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, Huang Xiaolong flew toward the biggest looking city up ahead. From afar, Huang Xiaolong opened the Eye of Hell to check out the surroundings. Cities were everywhere on the mainland like mushrooms after rain, experts could be seen arriving from different directions, befitting the image of a prosperous and lively city.

Occasionally, Huang Xiaolong spotted patrol squads wearing pure golden armor. The weakest among the patrol squad guards was a Tenth Order Saint realm, while some of the squad captains' strength even reached peak half-step God Realm! Comfortingly, God Realm masters were a rarer sight. Along the way, he only glimpsed upon one or two.

Shortly, Huang Xiaolong reached the enormous city he saw earlier.

A dense wave of spiritual energy washed over him the moment he passed through the city gates. The density of spiritual energy inside the city was a few times higher than the outer areas.

Everything seemed more spacious here. The city streets were more than twice the width of imperial city streets back on Martial Spirit World, rows and rows of shops lined the streets, and each shop front was twenty to thirty meters wide. The biggest shop Huang Xiaolong saw was sixty meters wide. The traffic was quite heavy, with people and carriages hurrying to their destinations, yet the city did not feel crowded.

These carriages were pulled by beasts that were rarely seen in the galaxy, not to mention each one of these beasts' strength rivaled a high-level Saint realm expert, while the carriages themselves were made from some rare ores, with precious crystals mounted on the carriage body.

Of course, Huang Xiaolong had a purpose entering the city—beast cores.

But transactions in the Black Tortoise Galaxy were based on a common currency called Xuanwu currency, which turned the mountains of gold coins from Martial Spirit World into useless scrap metal in the Cloudsea Mainland. Therefore, Huang Xiaolong must first search for a trading firm to exchange for some Xuanwu currency.

A short while later, Huang Xiaolong walked into a seemingly large firm's shop.

"May I ask if Young Noble is planning to purchase or sell things?" Seeing Huang Xiaolong walked in, a young shop employee approached, inquiring Huang Xiaolong in a polite manner.

"I have some spirit stones that I want to exchange to Xuanwu coins."

The young shop furtively gave Huang Xiaolong a once over before smilingly saying, "May I know how many grade one spirit stones Young Noble has? Our Only One Firm only accepts grade one spirit stones."

Although all grades of spirit stones could be used in refining pellets, forging weapons, and cultivation, to Saint realm experts and above, only grade one spirit stones were of practical use. Which was why some larger firms only accepted grade one spirit stones.

A bright light flashed from Huang Xiaolong's hand as a piece of spirit stone appeared in the middle of his palm. This piece spirit stone was one of many saint grade spirit stones that he harvested off the rock walls after taking away the innate spiritual embryo.

The instant this piece of saint grade spirit stone appeared, its immediate surroundings lit up in resplendent light, causing the spiritual energy to ripple buoyantly.

The young man's eyes felt pain from the piercing glare and dared not look directly at Huang Xiaolong's palm. However, the other people in the shop did, with shocked expressions.

"That's a saint grade spirit stone!"

"Also, its quality is closer to a divine grade spirit stone!"

The shop was buzzing with the gasps and whispers of the customers.

Recovering his senses, the shop employee felt a lump in his throat as he stared at Huang Xiaolong wide-eyed with shock. Never did he imagined that this black-haired young man in front of him would take out a saint grade spirit stone to exchange for Xuanwu coins.

In general, everyone treated this grade of spirit stones like precious treasures, not even the wealthy big families would take them out to exchange for Xuanwu coins.

"This Young Noble, kindly wait here for a moment, I'll go in and inform our Elder immediately." The shop employee said, his demeanor extremely courteous. Only then did he turn around, searching for the firm's Elder in hurried steps.

The shop employee's reaction was within Huang Xiaolong's expectation.

Huang Xiaolong didn't need to wait long before the same shop young man appeared again, following behind a middle-aged man clad in a fine fire-red brocade robe. Other than his slightly rounded figure, one would notice his spirited clear eyes. This middle-aged man was a mid-First Order God Realm.

When the middle-aged man saw Huang Xiaolong, a fleeting surprise flickered unnoticeably in his eyes.

"This one is Jiang Shangfeng, the Only One Firm's Elder. I heard from my subordinate that this Young Noble has a saint grade spirit stone for exchange?" The middle-aged man politely stopped in front of Huang Xiaolong, speaking with an amiable smile on his face. His palm courteously indicated Huang Xiaolong to the private room beside the open hall.

Huang Xiaolong proceeded without a word, and both people sat face to face moments later inside the private room.

Huang Xiaolong went straight to the point, "Yes, I have a few pieces of saint grade spirit stone that I want to exchange for Xuanwu coins."

A few pieces! Jiang Shangfeng eyes brightened. At first, when he heard the shop employee's report, he had assumed that there was only one piece. Jiang Shangfang did not expect this young man to actually have a few pieces!

With that said, Huang Xiaolong took out five pieces of saint grade spirit stones with a turn of his palm. Five pieces of saint grade spirit stones were sufficient for him to buy a hundred half-step God Realm beast cores with some money left over to tide him over a short period.

As for the remaining hundred over pieces of saint grade spirit stones and a few divine grade spirit stones, he would have to gradually exchange them over a period of time. Exchanging too many at once would inevitably attract unwanted attention.

Jiang Shangfang stared at the five pieces of saint grade spirit stones laid out before him. A hand reached out to pick one up, his eyes brightened even more as he checked them carefully from every angle, "It is indeed a saint grade spirit stone, close to transforming into a divine grade spirit stone."

After Jiang Shangfang checked all five spirit stones with care, he exhaled deeply to calm himself. Looking over at Huang Xiaolong, the smile on his face was blinding, "According to the market price, one piece of this grade of spirit stone which is infinitely close to divine grade spirit stone is four hundred and fifty thousand, deducting one-tenth processing fees, it amounts to four hundred and five thousand. I'm willing to give Young Noble four hundred and ten for each piece, five pieces come up to two million fifty thousand. What does this Young Noble think?"

Four hundred ten for one piece? Huang Xiaolong was secretly astonished. Didn't the Old Dragon say this quality of spirit stone generally fetch about two hundred seventy, two hundred thousand? Did the price go up?

Subsequently, Huang Xiaolong did not waste time negotiating with the other side, agreeing to transact at four hundred and ten thousand per piece.

Because the Only One Firm did not offer beast cores, Huang Xiaolong exited the shop after receiving two million fifty thousand from them and came to a shop called Windstorm. This Windstrom shop specifically catered to buying and selling demonic beasts, and beast cores.

Entering the Windstorm Shop, Huang Xiaolong decisively bought one hundred half-step God Realm beast cores. An average half-step God Realm demonic beast' core was two thousand Xuanwu coins each, whereas ancient species demonic beast' cores were priced at five thousand Xuanwu coins each. One hundred pieces of half-step God Realm demonic beast core ate up three hundred and sixty thousand Xuanwu coins.

After he took care of the beast cores supply, Huang Xiaolong went searching for some books related to the Black Tortoise Galaxy and a detailed map.

In regards to the Black Tortoise Galaxy, despite learning some things from Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi, it was only the tip of the iceberg. To Huang Xiaolong, that extent of knowledge was still too shallow. That was why he wanted to learn more about the Black Tortoise Galaxy through these books.

Chapter 528: Black Warrior City

Having bought one hundred beast cores, relevant books, and some miscellaneous items, Huang Xiaolong found an inn, directly rented one of the yards and went into closed-door practice.

There was still slightly over a year's time left until the Black Warrior Institute's assessment. Huang Xiaolong was in no rush, planning to first advance to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm.

Sitting cross-legged in the Xumi Temple, Huang Xiaolong chose to refine the normal half-step God Realm beast cores first.

The first, second, third, fourth piece...

Huang Xiaolong refined five beast cores in each batch.

Multiple threads of pure, refined demonic essence energy diffused endlessly from the Dragon Pearl, which was then absorbed and refined by Huang Xiaolong, becoming part of his battle qi.

Every time he was finished with a batch of five beast cores, Huang Xiaolong would stop, then spend some time practicing the Ancient Puppetry Art and Soul Mandate.

According to Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's explanation, the higher one rose through the realms, the more evident the importance of one's soul force became. Despite the recent improvement in Huang Xiaolong's soul force, it was sorely lagging behind his battle qi cultivation. Hence, he needed to exert extra effort in bringing up his soul force.

The first day on the Cloudsea Mainland passed peacefully.

In closed-door practice, Huang Xiaolong refined another batch of five beast cores, then proceeded to practice the Ancient Puppetry Art and Soul Mandate. The process was repeated day in day out until the sixteenth day. At the count of his eightieth beast core, Huang Xiaolong finally advanced to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm.

By the twentieth day, Huang Xiaolong had refined the remaining twenty beast cores, however, after advancing to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm, he noticed that the remaining half-step God Realm beast cores' benefits had greatly reduced for him. The last twenty pieces merely consolidated his advance to peak late-Tenth Order Saint realm.

Subsequently, Huang Xiaolong returned to the same Windstorm shop and bought another eighty peak half-step God Realm beast cores.

Walking out from the Windstorm Shop, he looked bitterly at the eighty pieces of peak half-step God Realm beast cores. The Xuanwu coins he had gotten from exchanging the five pieces of saint grade spirit stones had almost bottomed out. At the moment, the amount of Xuanwu coins remaining in his Asura Ring did not exceed thirty thousand.

Thirty thousand, just barely enough for him to settle the inn payment for one month's stay. For the first time since leaving the Martial Spirit World, Huang Xiaolong felt short of money. It had been many years since last felt this feeling of poverty.

"It seems like we'll have to resort to doing our old business." Huang Xiaolong smiled mockingly to himself.

The old business was none other than robbing and killing. In the past, when he killed all those Deities Templar Elders, the gold coins in their spatial rings could drown cities.

With that thought in mind, Huang Xiaolong returned to the inn, resuming his routine practice. This time around, he merely used ten days to refine all eighty beast cores. Yet, after refining these eighty beast cores, it did not produce the results he had imagined. Initially, he thought that refining close to two hundred pieces of half-step God Realm beast cores would help him breakthrough to half-step God Realm. However, now it dawned on him, even if he refined another five hundred pieces of these beast cores, he still wouldn't be able to advance.

"As your True Dragon Physique gets stronger, your meridians and Qi Sea's capability to hold battle qi would also grow, thus the amount of energy you need becomes greater." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "Following my estimation, for you to breakthrough to half-step God Realm, another six hundred pieces of half-step God Realm beast cores would be needed."

Six hundred pieces! Huang Xiaolong's face was scrunched up in a bitter smile.

If he needed six hundred beast cores to reach half-step God Realm, then how many would he need to arrive at peak half-step God Realm? Two thousand God Realm beast cores? Or perhaps three thousand beast cores? The crucial problem was, even the bigger firms on the Cloudsea Mainland did not sell God Realm beast cores, they only appeared occasionally in some auction houses.

"Now you finally understand why I advised you to keep the innate spiritual embryo until you have advanced to peak half-step God Realm before using it. Based on the frightening amount of energy your True Dragon Physique can absorb, without a treasure equivalent to the innate spiritual embryo, it would be impossible for you to break through to God Realm!" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said. "If you failed to break through on your first attempt, your second attempt would be much, much harder!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Indeed, attempting to break through to God Realm was no laughing matter. If there was one-tenth of a chance the first time, there wouldn't even be half of that on the second attempt.

Which was why the majority of peak half-step God Realm experts would wait and accumulate. Some had accumulated close to a thousand years and still dared not make the attempt.

Huang Xiaolong spent the next two days in the city.

In these two days, he would spend the day cultivating his battle qi in his yard, and at times when the mood struck him, he would take a stroll around the city, returning at nightfall to read the books he purchased.

Two days later, Huang Xiaolong had finished reading the books he bought, bringing his perspective on the current forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy as well as some common knowledge about other world surfaces to a higher level.

At this point, the Black Tortoise Galaxy had as much as twenty-three super forces! And over two thousand first rank forces!

At galactic level, a power that had a Highgod Realm master could enter the ranks of super forces. In short, the Black Tortoise Galaxy had a total of twenty-three forces backed by Highgod Realm masters. On the other hand, powers that had Tenth Order God Realm masters and above were qualified to be acknowledged as first rank forces.

At the same time, from these books, Huang Xiaolong came to know the names of the current top ten thousand world surfaces in Black Tortoise Galaxy. This ranking was based on the overall comprehensive force of a world surface.

Inside this list of ten thousand world surfaces, there was no Martial Spirit World. In other words, the strength of everyone in Martial Spirit World combined couldn't even enter a list ten thousand names long in the eyes of the Black Tortoise Galaxy!

This made Huang Xiaolong a little depressed, was the Martial Spirit World that weak?

However, Huang Xiaolong found Peace Emperor World's name inside the list, in the group of one thousand one hundred something. Amongst one hundred and twenty-three thousand world surfaces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy, able to be listed at slightly past a thousand, one could imagine how strong the Peace Emperor World actually was!

"Truth be told, around a hundred thousand years ago, our Martial Spirit World was ranked somewhere in the thirties in the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy. But all the Highgod and God Realm masters have fallen during the Great Fiendgod War, causing the Martial Spirit World to fall out from the ten thousand rankings." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi lamented. "Little brat Huang, I hope that when the top ten thousand rankings reshuffle the next time, you can put Martial Spirit World's name on the list once more!"

Every ten thousand years, the ranking list would be reshuffled.

"Don't you worry." Huang Xiaolong nodded assuredly.

There were only two hundred years left to the next ranking reshuffling, but Huang Xiaolong was confident he could bring the Martial Spirit World all the way up to top one hundred!

After staying for another two days in the city, Huang Xiaolong left the city and headed toward the Black Warrior City.

The Black Warrior City was the only city built by the Black Warrior Institute on the Cloudsea Mainland, the place where participants registered for the disciple selection assessment.

Although there was a still a year's time until the assessment, early registration was allowed.

...

One month later, Huang Xiaolong arrived at the Black Warrior City.

Before arriving, he had prepared himself at the possible enormity of Black Warrior City, yet when he arrived, he still couldn't help feeling awestruck.

Even he couldn't tell how high the city walls were, rising all the way into the clouds! The rest of the walls had seemingly no end.

"Awestruck? Heh, I had more or less the same expression when I first saw it myself. This Black Warrior City is slightly bigger than the Martial Spirit World." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said.

'Bigger than Martial Spirit World?!' Huang Xiaolong was deeply astonished.

A city bigger than a world surface!

"Go on, to the registration place. After registering, go sell off a piece of divine grade spirit stone to an auction house and buy some beast cores." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi went on, "Before the assessment day arrives, you can advance to half-step God Realm."

Chapter 529: Tortoise Boundary's Apparition

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

After auctioning a piece of divine grade spirit stone, it would definitely be sufficient to supply him with enough peak half-step God Realm beast cores until he reached half-step God Realm.

Despite the fact that auctioning a divine grade spirit stone would attract attraction and cause a stir, Huang Xiaolong couldn't be bothered at the moment. Well, he would just 'change' into another face before heading to the auction house.

Huang Xiaolong proceeded to enter the Black Warrior City. Sadly, to enter Black Warrior City, each person was required to pay one thousand Xuanwu coins. Generally speaking, one need not give any Xuanwu coins to enter most cities other than the cities built by the twenty-three super forces. But then again, the Black Warrior City did set the highest fee of all. Although one thousand Xuanwu coins wasn't much to Huang Xiaolong, to any average Tenth Order Saint realm expert it was akin to a piece of their flesh.

Walking into the city, Huang Xiaolong headed towards the registration area for the Black Warrior Institute. The registration area was located at the Central District of the Black Warrior City, at a place called the Hall of Heroes.

Three days later, Huang Xiaolong walked into the Hall of Heroes.

Even though the Hall of Heroes was a 'hall' by name, its land area was larger than an imperial city on the Martial Spirit World many times over. By the time Huang Xiaolong reached the doors, the front portion was packed with people bustling about.

With less than a year remaining to the day of assessment, the registration of participants was already opened, hence, top talents and family geniuses from all over Black Tortoise Galaxy had made their way over to process their registration.

Crossing over the Hall of Heroes' front door threshold, a large square came into sight, but something at a corner of the square caught Huang Xiaolong's attention. A crowd was hovering over something interesting.

"That's the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained. "A formation carved by a primeval great master that can test your aptitude and strength."

Test one's aptitude and strength! Huang Xiaolong was stunned.

"How about it, want to give it a try?" Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi enticed.

Huang Xiaolong was tempted.

He very much wanted to know where his talent and strength stood. But, if he was tested in public, wouldn't that expose his talent and strength to everyone?

As if knowing Huang Xiaolong's worry, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi laughed, "During the test, you can suppress half the aura inside you, moreover, your True Dragon Physique has a hidden nature. You can totally hide your true strength during the test, and then regauge your talent and strength based on the result."

Huang Xiaolong nodded. This was also considered a way.

"This ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary is meant to help participants gauge their chances of passing the Black Warrior Institute's assessment before they register." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi went on, "In general, they have a hope of passing the assessment if they get 1000 points and above."

As Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi explained, Huang Xiaolong already reached the crowd of people, joining the queue. Since he was already here, the registration could wait a while. However, the family disciples that wanted to test themselves were a staggering number, just in front of Huang Xiaolong were five to six hundred people.

As the test results were announced one after another, the surroundings erupted with either mocking sneers or exclamations of surprise. Of course, jealous and envious stares were thrown in from time to time.

"Talent-892, strength-983!"

"983, the strength is very close to 1000. There's hope in passing the assessment, which family does he belong to?"

"Seems like someone from the Iro World's Luo Family!"

When a young man in azure robes walked out from the test altar, it raised a commotion among the spectating crowd. In ten thousand people who took the test, only a scarce few were able to exceed 900. Whenever a disciple's test result was close to 1000, it would draw exclamations and jealous stares from the crowd.

That Luo Family disciple left the square under a multitude of envious stares with his head held high and chest puffed up toward the Hall of Heroes registration location.

Huang Xiaolong was excited. Although the Iro World's Luo Family wasn't one of Black Tortoise Galaxy's twenty-three super forces, it was however, one of the first rank forces. The Luo Family, together with the Yi Family, controlled more than nine-tenths of the Iro World's forces.

In the ten thousand planets ranking, it was placed close to a hundred.

"Talent-923, strength-1056!"

"That is also a disciple from the Iro World's Yi Family!"

Subsequently, the crowd broke out in another wave of shock and jealousy.

This Yi Family disciple's talent and strength were slightly stronger than the previous Luo Family disciple. However, the next two hundred over tests did not produce another participant with strength surpassing 900.

Two hours later, it was finally Huang Xiaolong's turn.

Huang Xiaolong walked up to the test altar. In front of the test altar, something resembling a one-meter tall bath barrel was hovering. Looking at it , he knew this was the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary.

Before stepping in, Huang Xiaolong completely hid his True Dragon Physique, then following what the previous tester did, he lifted a palm, pressing it against the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary, channeling his Asura qi into it.

Instantly, the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary lit up like a sun, exploding in a profound aureate light that soared sky high. The airflow in the square became turbulent, ripples traveled across space, and the ground shook like a severe earthquake.

The noisy crowd around the test altar abruptly died down into a buzzing silence as everyone stared wide-eyed and agape at the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary.

Disciples that came to register in the Hall of Heroes and at the square immediately felt the turbulent airflow within ten thousand li radius.

"This, this, what is the matter?!"

"It's the test altar!"

At that moment, all experts and disciples from different corners of the square looked toward the test altar while geniuses and experts inside the Hall of Heroes rushed out from the hall. All of them had their eyes fixed on the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary from all directions, looking toward the test altar with dumbfounded expressions.

"This, which super force does this genius disciple belong to?! To be able to trigger the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary to release this thousand zhang light!"

"The ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary hasn't displayed this level of manifestation for a very long time!"

"A freak genius! A peerless genius! This must be one!"

The Hall of Heroes' square was in an uproar.

But, in the next second, they saw a shadow of a mythical golden tortoise projecting from the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary, growing larger as it rose to the sky, reaching a gargantuan size.

"Heavens! The Tortoise Boundary's spirit apparition! This is the tortoise spirit inside the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary, god knows how many years it's been since it last appeared, only when a genuine genius surfaces in the world will it show itself!"

Suddenly, the gargantuan golden tortoise raised its head toward the nine heaves, letting out a resounding roar that reverberated through millions of miles.

In the airspace above the Black Warrior City, silhouettes appeared one after another. Clearly, all experts in the Black Warrior City were alerted by the booming shockwaves.

In the northern airspace of the Black Warrior City, an old man clad in a light blue brocade robe with a black tortoise pattern on his chest was looking in the Hall of Heroes' direction with a solemn expression, muttering to himself, "This is the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary spirit's roar. Finally, a genius that can shock the world has appeared in the Black Tortoise Galaxy." His silhouette disappeared from the spot in a flicker, rushing toward the Hall of Heroes.

So did experts from all corners of the Black Warrior City.

Everyone wanted to take a glimpse at the monster of a genius who caused the ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary spirit to appear.

At this time, Huang Xiaolong felt utter helplessness as he stared at the tortoise spirit in the sky. He didn't expect to trigger such an exaggerated reaction despite having his True Dragon Physique hidden. It would be hard to remain anonymous after causing such a conspicuous a scene.

At the same thing, the bath barrel-like ten thousand year Tortoise Boundary started to spin. As it spun, both sides of the test altar that indicated talent and strength revealed the result.

Chapter 530: Test Result

All eyes focused intently on the talent and strength figures on the test altar. Before their eyes, the thousand year Tortoise Boundary had barely begun to spin, but the numbers for talent and strength test shot up like a rocket.

The green and red lights representing talent and strength surpassed 1000 points in the blink of an eye.

Eyes protruded witnessing this.

"1000, it actually exceeded 1000 points in less than a breath's time!"

"1100, 1200, 1300!"

Sounds of exclamation rose and fell from different corners of the square.

When the red and green lights surpassed the 1000 mark, it continued to climb rapidly all the way to 1300!!!

"1300, now it's already 1400!"

"1500, it's already 1500!"

The crowd's breathing quickened as if their hearts about to jump out from their chests. Both talent and strength exceeded the 1500 mark!

In general, strength over 1200 held a seven-tenths passing chance in the Black Warrior Institute's assessment, and at 1300 it would increase to eight-tenths. Then, what did 1500 represent?!

It meant that if there were no mishaps during the assessment, that person was bound breeze through the assessment. In short, that person would be one of the Black Warrior Institute's disciples!

The pairs of eyes fixed on Huang Xiaolong from all corners of the square changed. Becoming a disciple of the Black Warrior Institute was the dream pursued by numerous aspiring family geniuses and disciples from the Black Tortoise Galaxy.

"1700, 1800!"

"I, are my eyes deceiving me, it actually reached 1800!" After a brief silence, someone suddenly shouted.

1800!

Both talent and strength passed the 1800 mark!

Even the most steady person could no longer conceal the astonishment in their eyes.

1800! Their minds failed to wrap around the enormity that those numbers represent. To their knowledge, among the numerous family disciples that came to register for the institute's assessment until now, there hadn't been any one genius that produced a result as high as 1800. Forget 1800, not a single person received even 1500 points.

Yet the green and red lights on the test altar were still climbing, and they didn't seem like they were about to stop!

The crowd grew nervous as they watched the lights continue moving up, hands subconsciously clenched into fists. Their hearts stuck in their throats.

"It's already 1900, oh God, it broke past 1900!"

"It won't breach the 2000 mark... right? In the last Black Warrior Institute's assessment, the disciple who got the first place only tested slightly above 2300."

As the numbers in the green and red lights rose above 1900, everyone's hearts tightened, watching both numbers climb closer and closer to 2000.

The previous old man in light blue brocade robe with a black tortoise diagram on his chest had been watching for some time in the airspace above. He too was staring at the numbers indicated by the green light and red lights.

"Can it pass 2000?" He muttered to himself. If the black-haired young man below could pass the 2000 mark, then in this time's assessment, he was guaranteed a spot within the top ten.

1976!

1985!

1993!

Everyone at the square could hear their own heartbeats drumming in their ears. All of a sudden, the green and red lights suddenly released an even more dazzling light as both numbers broke past the 2000 mark.

The crowd stared dumbly at the lights. In an instant, the silent square broke out in an unprecedented uproarious shock, mixed with excitement, jealousy, and awe.

Even so, the green and red lights continued to rise, but at a slower speed. A while later, both lights had reached 2100. At this point, Huang Xiaolong began to suppress his battle qi, prompting the red colored light indicating strength to halt at 2132. However, the green light representing talent kept rising, finally stopping at 2256.

Huang Xiaolong did not expect his talent result to still reach such a high number even after hiding his True Dragon Physique.

"This is the talent level represented by the twin dragon martial spirits and Asura bloodline in your body." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice sounded.

This explanation made things clear for Huang Xiaolong, but he did not expect the twin dragon martial spirits and Asura bloodline's talent to be so high.

"Your talent is indeed shocking, if you did not hide your True Dragon Physique, I believe your talent could definitely rise to 4000." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi added, "4000, what a monster ah! Furthermore, you suppressed a third of your strength, otherwise, it could absolutely go higher than 3000 points!"

During his time, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi too had tested his aptitude and strength on the altar, and his result was similar to Huang Xiaolong's. The person who took the first place in the same batch as Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's assessment, his talent merely broke 2500. As for strength, it was around 3000.

Huang Xiaolong stepped out of the test altar before a myriad of astonished, reverential, and even some flattering gazes. The crowd subconsciously opened a path for Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong left the square area calmly, walking into the Hall of Heroes to the registration point.

Everyone in the crowd had their gazes fixed on the black-haired young man's back as if rooted to the spot.

In a certain far corner of the square, the Jiang Family disciple, Jiang Shaoze, and the five old men behind him also witnessed the entirety of Huang Xiaolong's test.

"Young Lord, I didn't expect this black-haired young man's talent and strength to be so strong. With his strength, he has a high chance gaining a top ten spot in this time's assessment." One of the old men commented.

Jiang Shaoze nodded in agreement, "Both his talent and strength are good, but even so, he's not my opponent." He did not pay too much attention to Huang Xiaolong's existence, and the expression on his face made an abrupt change, slightly twisted with hate, "Abominable, that precious treasure was taken by someone else. If I ever find out who it was, I'll make sure he dies horribly."

He had searched through countless old records, using several decades' time before finally deducing the innate treasure's location. But he arrived only to discover that someone else was a step ahead of him, robbing him of his treasure!

"Even without that treasure, before the day of the assessment arrives, I'm still able to break through to God Realm!" Jiang Shaoze gnashed his teeth, "Gudu Leng, I will definitely defeat you! The first place belongs to me!"

"Young Lord, say, do you want to go and test as well?" Another old man inquired.

Jiang Shaoze nodded, "Might as well, I'm curious as well where my talent and strength stands."

By this time, Huang Xiaolong had arrived at the registration area inside the Hall of Heroes. The person in charge of the registration counter was a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple, also a First Order God Realm. He had seen Huang Xiaolong's aptitude test earlier, so when Huang Xiaolong approached to register his name, the inner disciple's manners exuded goodwill, and he was extremely courteous. A world apart from his cold face toward the other participants that came to register.

This was because a monstrous talent like Huang Xiaolong had a high chance of becoming part of the institute's elite disciples. Still, that didn't lower the steep registration fees of ten thousand Xuanwu coins. After paying the required ten thousand Xuanwu coins, he received a palm-sized badge and a small booklet.

With pairs of eyes on him, Huang Xiaolong left the Hall of Heroes.

After leaving, Huang Xiaolong came to a secluded corner, making changes to his facial features and physical stature before walking toward the Black Warrior City's auction house. Next, he planned on auctioning a piece of divine grade spirit stone to buy enough peak half-step God Realm beast cores.

Chapter 531: Are You Sure You're Not Auctioning?

Several hours later, Huang Xiaolong appeared outside the auction house.

This particular auction house in the Black Warrior City was opened by the Black Warrior Institute and was also one of the few biggest auction houses in the Black Tortoise Galaxy.

"May I know what this Young Noble is planning to auction?" The auction house employee that approached Huang Xiaolong was a pretty maiden in a long flowing green dress with a pleasing sweet smile.

Huang Xiaolong stated his purpose: "I want to auction a spirit stone."

"A single spirit stone?" The young maiden blanked for a second and giggled, "Is Young Noble joking? Does Young Noble know the rules of our auction house? Our auction house only holds one auction annually, and in every auction, we only offer one hundred items. Our auction house will definitely not merely auction a single spirit stone."

Items auctioned by the Black Warrior Auction House had a minimum value of one million Xuanwu coins. Such was the standard requirement. The Black Warrior Auction House declined to auction anything outside of this requirement. For example, the saint grade spirit stones that Huang Xiaolong sold off previously at a price of a little above four hundred thousand.

This was also the main reason why the auction house employee said that they would not auction one piece of spirit stone. But then again, the bigger forces or families would not take out a precious item such as divine grade spirit stones for auction, thus this possibility did not cross her mind at all.

Hearing the other side decisively state that they will not auction a single spirit stone, Huang Xiaolong merely smiled, "Are you sure you're not auctioning?"

The pretty maiden's delicate brows slightly creased, weren't her words clear enough for this young man? Why did some people lack tact? Thus she firmly stated once again: "That's right, we do-not-auction."

Just as her last word sounded, a light flashed in Huang Xiaolong's hands, like a miniature sun explosion, lightning up the whole hall in a glaring light. A powerful wave shook the airflow and space in the hall, instantly attracting the gazes of other people around as they keenly felt the sudden richness of spiritual energy.

This is...?!

In the next second, their eyes zoomed toward the piece of spirit stone in Huang Xiaolong's hand.

"Divine grade spirit stone?!"

"Heavens, that's a divine grade spirit stone!"

In a split second, someone determined the grade of the spirit stone in Huang Xiaolong's hand.

The auction house young maiden felt tears swimming in her eyes from the spirit stone's bright glare, her dainty cherry blossom lips were agape exaggeratedly in shock.

Huang Xiaolong eyed her as a faint smile tilted the corner of his lips, "Since the Black Warrior Auction House does not auction divine grade spirit stones, then I shall go to another auction house." With that said, he turned around, putting away the spirit stone in his hand and preparing to leave.

The Black Warrior Auction House was not the sole auction house in the Cloudsea Mainland.

The pretty auction house employee recovered from her shock at this point. Anxiously watching the young man turn to leave, she blurted out: "No no no! Young Noble, our auction house will auction it, we will, we will! Please, Young Noble, wait for a moment. I'll go look for the supervisor." In a moment of desperation, she grabbed Huang Xiaolong and apologized.

Seeing this, Huang Xiaolong smiled and took a seat. "Fine, then." In fact, he was just putting on a show of pretending to leave.

Inwardly relieved after seeing that Huang Xiaolong was willing to stay, she quickly left in search for the auction house supervisor.

It didn't take long for the female auction house employee to return with several people. Walking in front of the group was a middle-aged man clad in a pale yellow robe with a black tortoise pattern embroidered on his chest. Behind him were several old men in light red robes. The young maiden was at the very end of the group.

"Young Noble, this is our Supervisor, Ke Can." Arriving in front of Huang Xiaolong, the young maiden walked up, introducing the middle-aged man to Huang Xiaolong. "Supervisor, this is the Young Noble who would like to auction a piece of divine grade spirit stone."

The middle-aged man, Ke Can, faced Huang Xiaolong with a beaming smile, speaking in a polite tone, "I heard that this brother wants to auction a piece of divine grade spirit stone, may I have a look at it?"

"Sure." Huang Xiaolong answered, taking out a piece of divine grade spirit stone.

The several old men in light red robes walked up and began assessing the divine grade spirit stone. The longer they looked, the more ecstatic and excited the expression on their faces grew.

It was some time later before the several old men calmed down, ending their appraisal.

"Supervisor Ke, this spirit stone has indeed reached the standard of divine grade, moreover, the spiritual energy inside is as abundant as the sea, definitely one of the finest among divine grade spirit stones, hard to find in a hundred thousand years. We estimate the value to be sixty million!" One of them spoke.

Finest among divine grade spirit stones, a rarity hard to find in a hundred thousand years, estimated value to be sixty million!

The other experts that came to put their items up for auction were astounded, their eyes grew feverish as they fixed their gazes on the spirit stone, hating the fact they were unable to swallow it into their bellies right that instant.

Ka Can was over the moon hearing the appraisal. 'Finest among divine grade!' It had been more than thirty thousand years since the Black Warrior Auction House last put up this quality of spirit stone for auction.

Subsequently, Ke Can guided Huang Xiaolong through some of the auction house rules while putting the divine grade spirit stone away for safekeeping inside the Black Warrior Auction House treasure chamber. It would only be taken out half a month later, on the day of the auction. He also gave Huang Xiaolong a jade token as proof of the transaction.

Half an hour later, Huang Xiaolong walked out from the auction house.

He was assured leaving the item with the Black Warrior Auction House. With the Black Warrior Institute's standing and reputation, at the very least, he was confident that they wouldn't embezzle his piece of spirit stone.

Leaving the auction house, Huang Xiaolong went to a trading firm. The several thousand Xuanwu coins left inside his Asura Ring weren't even enough to buy him a few jugs of wine, which was why he needed to exchange for some quick Xuanwu coins.

He used three pieces of saint grade spirit stones to exchange for slightly over a million Xuanwu coins. It should be enough to last him a few days.

Then, he went around looking for an inn in close distance to the Black Warrior Auction House, renting a yard as he cultivated while waiting for the auction day's arrival.

In less than half a day, the news that the Black Warrior Auction House would be putting up a fine quality divine grade spirit stone for auction spread in all directions, sending the entire Cloudsea Mainland into a furor of excitement as experts rushed into the Black Warrior City. Other than that, Huang Xiaolong's aptitude test in the Hall of Heroes also raised a small ripple.

"Did you hear, several days ago some guy tested his aptitude, his strength reached 2132, and his talent was even higher, reaching 2256. I asked around, that guy's name is Huang Xiaolong."

"Huang Xiaolong? There doesn't seem to be any super forces or first rank forces in the Black Tortoise Galaxy with the surname Huang. I wonder which world surface this small Huang Family is from, to come out with such a dazzling genius!'

"Also, Jiang Family's Young Lord also tested that day, his strength was 2368, whereas talent is 2321, even higher than that Huang Xiaolong. Another super genius has come out of the Jiang Family!"

On this day, while Huang Xiaolong was having a drink at the inn, these discussions fell into his ear.

'Jiang Shaoze?' Huang Xiaolong was reminded of the Jiang Family disciple from the dim planet where he took away the innate spiritual embryo. It seems like that Jiang Family disciple was this Jiang Shaoze.

'Strength 2368? Not too bad.' Huang Xiaolong thought to himself.

If this Jiang Shaoze broke through to God Realm, his strength would most likely to exceed 3000.

...

Half a month passed by quickly, getting closer to the auction day.

Huang Xiaolong left the inn, heading toward the auction house. By the time he arrived, the doors of the auction house were already crowded with people, hardly anyone moving.

In truth, the usual annual auction did not garner so much attention, however, ever since the news about the fine quality divine grade spirit stone spread out, it drew twice as many people over.

Huang Xiaolong moved toward the honored guests' entrance.

"This Young Noble, my apologies, this entrance is only for guests that hold our auction house's special issued card." When he was a few steps away from passing through the entrance, two pretty auction house's female disciples politely stopped Huang Xiaolong.

Chapter 532: Divine Artifact

After being blocked, Huang Xiaolong did not show any anger. Smiling faintly, he took out the jade token that Ke Can had given him the other day, waving it in front of them, "Can I go in now?"

According to auction house rules, the owners of an auction item were allowed to enter through the honored guest pathway, they were all treated the same.

The two beauties stared at the jade token in Huang Xiaolong's hand and were dazed for a moment before respectfully making way for him to pass through.

Huang Xiaolong passed through, coming out the other side, where another beautiful young woman came up to lead him to a private room. Sitting in the private room, looking at the extravagant decorations, he sighed a small lament in his heart. Just the decorations in this private room alone probably cost a few million, even a simple chair in the private room was made out of heaven grade spirit stone.

Not long ago in Martial Spirit World, Huang Xiaolong couldn't even find a piece of heaven grade spirit stone, but now, the Black Warrior auction house actually turned such a big piece of heaven grade spirit stone into a chair, and placed it here!

The other decorations in the room were also made from rare stones and ores.

Sitting comfortably on the chair, looking through a glass window, he had a view of the entire auction house hall. The auction house's spacious hall could fit over ten thousand people, each of them having enough space to sit. Peering down from the private room, it was a mass of black.

Huang Xiaolong didn't have to wait long, as the auction began shortly afterwards.

"Top divine grade spirit pellet, Immortal Phoenix Pellet, one hundred pieces, the bidding price starts at one million five hundred thousand!"

One hundred pieces of Immortal Phoenix Pellet, this was the auction house's starting item. A magical pellet from the Phoenix Clan with miraculous benefits. Taking it could not only temper one's physical body, it also brought clarity to the soul, and if one was gravely injured, all wounds could be healed almost instantly.

After the Immortal Phoenix Pellet, the second item was a lump of divine ore from the Divine World, five meters thick, the bidding price set at one million.

Although a divine ore was invaluable, it was difficult to refine. Not only did it required a Highgod Realm master's divine fire, it also required knowledge of the Divine World's talisman symbols as well as transforming it into an inscribed formation.

Huang Xiaolong did not expect a lump of Divine World's ore to be worth so much, which inexplicably made him remember the doors at the destroyed Deities Templar's headquarters. Those doors were also made out of Divine World's ore.

'En, the next time I return, I should go retrieve those doors.' Huang Xiaolong made a mental note.

Soon, more than fifty items had breezed through the auction stage, most of them were rare items. However, the price grew increasingly high as these items passed, even Huang Xiaolong was smacking his lips at the thought of it. From the fiftieth item onwards, all the bidding prices started from ten million and above. Most of all, Huang Xiaolong's divine grade spirit stone was actually one of the few finale items of the auction.

Sitting in the private room, Huang Xiaolong heard the undulating cries of the bidding war, feeling a little depressed. At first, he had thought that after auctioning that piece of divine grade spirit stone, his wealth would be equivalent to a small local tyrant. However, looking down at the expressionless faces of those disciples below as they cried out millions, the few millions he was about to receive seemed like a drop in the vast sea.

Several hours later, only the last three items remained.

"Our next item is a divine artifact!"

The moment the preceding auctioneer's voice rang, the crowd stirred with excitement. Only a weapon forged with divine fire by a God in the Divine World had the right to be called a divine artifact!

A genuine true God! Not what they call Highgod Realm masters within the galaxy.

Huang Xiaolong too was stunned.

"How can a divine artifact appear in the lower world?" Huang Xiaolong couldn't resist asking Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi.

"I'm not very clear myself, but most of these weapons are left behind from the desolate era." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, "Although a divine artifact is powerful, only a Highgod Realm master could somewhat display its power."

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

By this point, the auctioneer had announced the bidding price at forty-five million. And the bidding began.

However, due to the fact only Highgod Realm masters could display the divine artifact's power, there weren't many bidders. In the end, it was won by one of the super forces, the Zhu Family, using fifty-two million.

"Next, is a divine grade spirit stone."

"This spiritual energy contained in this divine grade spirit stone is as abundant as the sea, vibrant and endless. One of the finest amongst its grade. It can supply twice as much energy to large formations, increasing the effect two-fold."

"The bidding starts at sixty million."

The auction hall broke out in a great uproar. A divine artifact may be a rare treasure, but it could only be used by a Highgod Realm master, however, this piece of fine quality divine grade spirit stone was a different matter altogether. It could be used to power formations, used to arrange a spiritual energy gathering formation, refine pellets, cultivation, and most important of all, it could be used by anyone.

When the auctioneer announced the start of the bidding, everyone in the hall went crazy.

Before a flabbergasted Huang Xiaolong, the price soared to seventy million in the blink of an eye!

"Seventy-one million!

"Seventy-three million!"

The price continued to go up.

Inside the private room, it was as if Huang Xiaolong saw the sky raining down Xuanwu coins right in front of him. In the end, that piece of divine grade spirit stone was auctioned at a high price of eighty-three million!

Eighty-three million!

Inside his Asura Ring, he had five more similar spirit stones, adding the one that was just sold off, that was close to five hundred million?!

Five hundred million Xuanwu coins, even some of the smaller families that had been accumulating their wealth for ten thousand years couldn't take out this figure.

"The last item we're going to auction is a treasure map. This treasure map was left behind by the All Origins Sect."

No one expected the final item to be a treasure map, including Huang Xiaolong.

"All Origins Sect?" Huang Xiaolong was baffled.

"This All Origins Sect was one of our Black Tortoise Galaxy's super forces, but it was destroyed a little over ten thousand years ago." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said.

Huang Xiaolong was bewildered, he didn't expect the All Origins Sect to be a super force, but how did the sect fell? It wasn't that easy for a super force to perish completely.

"The reason why the All Origins Sect perished has always been a mystery." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi shook his head, "According to some rumors, all of the All Origins Sect's Highgod Realm and God Realm Masters were all killed in a single night. At that time, this news shocked the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy, Azure Dragon Galaxy, White Tiger Galaxy, and the Vermillion Bird Galaxy."

Who had such power to be able to kill all of the All Origins Sect's Highgod and God Realm masters?! Huang Xiaolong was left reeling at the thought.

At this point, the auction house Supervisor Ke Can made his way over to Huang Xiaolong's private room to hand over the profits from the auctioning of the divine grade spirit stone.

The auction house itself deducted slightly more than a million as processing fees, and Huang Xiaolong pocketed over eighty-one million.

Eighty-one million was a huge sum.

With eighty-one million in his hand, Huang Xiaolong felt much more secure.

In the end, the treasure map was bought by another super force, the Chen Family, with two hundred million.

After the auction ended, the auction house Supervisor Ke Can invite Huang Xiaolong to his residence, but Huang Xiaolong rejected the other side's intentions. He was headed to the big trading firm dealing in demonic beasts, purchasing all the peak half-step God Realm beast cores in their shop, coming up to slightly over nine hundred cores.

Nine hundred peak half-step God Realm beast cores cost Huang Xiaolong forty million. Even though he was never a stingy person, it still made his heart bleed.

Chapter 533: Day of Assessment Approaching

After buying the peak half-step God Realm beast cores, Huang Xiaolong rented a courtyard in one of the Black Warrior City's inns, immersing himself in cultivation. Now, there were barely ten months left until the assessment day. Thus, Huang Xiaolong limited himself to ten beast cores a day, while the rest of the time was spent on cultivating his battle qi, the Ancient Puppetry Art, and Soul Mandate.

He also went out from time to time for a stroll and dip in some occasional wine. The days were leisurely and comfortable, contributing to his dwindling wealth.

The small courtyard he rented wasn't large, but it still cost more than a thousand Xuanwu coins daily. A bottle of slightly better wine cost at least another thousand Xuanwu coins.

In the beginning, he had wanted to buy his own courtyard in the Black Warrior City, but he was shocked after asking about the price. The cheapest courtyard cost three to four hundred million! On top of that, only Black Warrior Institute's elite disciples and above were permitted to purchase a residence. As for others, they wouldn't be given the time of the day even if they offered hundreds of millions.

"Forget Black Warrior City, even courtyards in small cities on the Cloudsea Mainland would cost you at least one hundred million." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi emphasized, "The Cloudsea Mainland is the entire Black Tortoise Galaxy's trading center, every inch of land is worth more than gold. Only some big families or super forces' disciples or Elders can afford to own a place."

A regretful sigh sounded from Huang Xiaolong. No matter where one goes, the difference between the rich and poor still exists.

"After you break into the God Realm and become a Black Warrior Institute's inner disciple, with that identity you can look to buy a place in one of the smaller cities of the Cloudsea Mainland." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi persuaded.

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Even a common courtyard in the Cloudsea Continent's smaller cities wasn't something that everyone could buy, the identity of the buyer was a prerequisite. That wouldn't be an issue if Huang Xiaolong was able to become an inner disciple of the Black Warrior Institute.

At that time, he could even bring the Huang Family over to the Cloudsea Mainland. This was an absolutely safe place.

No one would dare to fight openly or commit murder on the Cloudsea Mainland, otherwise they would become the whole galaxy's common enemy. Even core disciples of super forces would think twice before acting recklessly.

The passage of time flowed by, and very soon, two months had passed.

By the time Huang Xiaolong had refined six hundred beast cores, he finally advanced to half-step God Realm. His strength once again increased by leaps and bound. If during the test Huang Xiaolong's true strength was 3000, then his current strength would increase to 4000. A thousand points difference may not seem much, but his actual strength definitely more than doubled.

Inside the yard, Huang Xiaolong ended his practice for the day and opened his eyes as he breathed out turbid qi from his mouth, "My Asura Tactics has reached the ninth stage, according to this speed, when I break through to God Realm, my Asura Tactics will also enter the tenth stage!"

The legendary tenth stage! Huang Xiaolong was looking forward to it with anticipation.

A stage even his Master, Ren Wokuang, had yet to achieve.

As long as Huang Xiaolong achieved the tenth stage, he would be able to open the Door of Hell, allowing him to travel freely to hell and back. Just like the Divine World, Hell was an upper level world surface. The better resources from Hell would provide Huang Xiaolong an edge that other Black Warrior Institute geniuses couldn't compare with.

He did not leave Black Warrior City after he advanced to half-step God Realm. Instead, he continued to refine the remaining beast cores.

A little more than a month passed. Huang Xiaolong spent his time refining the remaining three hundred over peak half-step God Realm beast cores, solidifying his half-step God Realm foundation. During this period, his strength continued to grow every day. However, it was far from peak half-step God Realm.

"At this rate, I'd have to refine one thousand more God Realm beast cores to see any results." Huang Xiaolong's mood turned dismal.

A thousand God Realm beast cores, where was he going to find that many?!

At most, the auction houses might hold ten or so God Realm beast cores for auction. Not to mention the fact that an average God Realm beast core would fetch a price of four to five hundred thousand each.

A thousand God Realm beast cores, he wouldn't be able to afford them even if he sold the five remaining divine grade spirit stones inside his ring.

"Actually, you need not think so much at this point." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi 's voice sounded. "Your current strength is sufficient to secure a spot in the Black Warrior Institute. Moreover, for the assessment, the Black Warrior Institute would transfer the participants to the Deepwood Star to hunt for demonic beasts, monsters, and demons as part of the elimination process to select the best one hundred. On the Deepwood Star, there are a lot of God Realm demonic beasts and demons."

"A lot of God Realm demonic beasts and demons!" Huang Xiaolong's eyes lit up.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi chuckled, "Right, these demonic beasts and demons' are generally not very strong, at most they're early or mid-First Order God Realm, without any late-First Order God Realms, suitable for your training."

"That Deepwood Star should have at least one thousand God Realm demonic beasts and demons, right?" Huang Xiaolong wanted to be certain.

Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi was rendered speechless, "You think God Realm demonic beasts and demons are littered all over the place? All the demonic beasts and demons on the Deepwood Star are reared by the Black Warrior Institute in hundreds of thousands of years. Although it does have a lot of God Realm demonic beasts and demons, there would, at most, only have several hundred. Those late-First Order God Realm and Second Order God Realm would be captured by the Black Warrior Institute's experts."

Captured? Then Huang Xiaolong immediately understood the institute's intentions.

Among the participants in the assessment, the stronger candidates' strength would be on a similar level to early or mid-First Order God Realm demonic beasts. If there were Second Order God Realm demonic beasts inside, they needn't bother with an assessment. It would be a one-sided slaughter.

"But, there is still half a year more to the assessment," Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi advised, "In this half year period, continue to refine peak half-step God Realm beast cores, increase your strength as much as you can. This way, when the time comes, it will be easier for you to kill those mid-First Order God Realm demonic beasts."

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Hence, in the days after, Huang Xiaolong used the remaining thirty million to buy over seven hundred peak half-step God Realm beast cores, continuing the refinement, his occasional strolls, and his love for wine.

As days turned into weeks, which turned into months, half a year was gone in a blink.

Inside the Xumi Temple, Huang Xiaolong was sitting cross-legged beside the Ten Buddha Formation. As he breathed in and out, dragon qi swirled around his body in the ethereal shape of a dragon.

In recent days, his Treasure Dragon Protective Shield Art had reached minor completion and the formation diagram that appeared inside his body had fully integrated with his True Dragon Physique. The diagram formation had also changed since then, from the vague lines to picturesque mountains and flowing streams, accompanied by lush trees and grass. All of these were formed by dragon qi.

Several hours later, Huang Xiaolong's cultivation ended for the day. When he exited the Xumi Temple, the outside world was already deep into the night.

The vast sky was a stretch of midnight blue.

"Tomorrow is the assessment day." Huang Xiaolong whispered while looking at the sky.

The Black Warrior Institute seemed to attach great importance to this term's assessment. Not only did they increase the reward for the first place, the rewards for second place all the way to the tenth place were all doubled.

By the end of the registration period, among the number of people who tested their aptitude, there was a total of twenty-five people who scored 2000 point and above for strength! In the past, twelve to thirteen people were the norm, but this year it was actually twice as much.

The highest scorer in terms of strength, reaching well over 3100, was a young man named Gudu Leng. He was also the only person scoring above 3000 points. When his results were determined, it raised great waves in Cloudsea Mainland. That was because in the million years of pre-assessment tests, not once did any genius score above 3000 points. Rumor has it, the news even stunned the Black Warrior Institute's Principal.

"Is this the reason why the Black Warrior Institute suddenly increased the rewards?" The corner of Huang Xiaolong's lip curled up in a hint of a smile. Tomorrow, he would be able to see this Gudu Leng guy.

A worthy opponent only made things more interesting.

Chapter 534: First Encounter With Gudu Leng

Night gradually gave way to dawn as the sun spread its sunshine over the land.

Huang Xiaolong, who has been standing in the yard, suddenly quivered, shaking the morning dew drops off his body. He turned around and walked out of the yard, heading toward the Hall of Heroes' square.

The new disciple assessment's transmission array was in the square itself. Due to the close distance between the inn he lived in and the Hall of Heroes, Huang Xiaolong arrived within minutes.

By the time Huang Xiaolong arrived, the square was already packed with a large crowd. Numerous geniuses from different world surface gathered on the Hall of Heroes square.

"That kid should be that Huang Xiaolong."

When Huang Xiaolong appeared in the square, quite a few people recognized his face. There would be many people paying attention to those like Huang Xiaolong who scored above 2000 points in strength.

Moments after he arrived, the square broke out in a big commotion.

"It's Gudu Leng! The one who scored 3156 points, Gudu Leng!"

"So unexpected, such a monstrous genius came from the Gudu Family this time!"

Huang Xiaolong looked over, following the crowd's gaze to a young man clad in the blackest brocade robe under an eye-catching silver cloak stepping onto the square, firm and steady. His pupils an obsidian black that seemed to have a magical allure, a glance and one would be pulled in unknowingly.

This was the sole genius in the hundred thousands years of the Black Warrior Institute's assessment that scored above 3000 points, shocking an entire galaxy, Gudu Leng!

A light flickered in Huang Xiaolong's eyes.

Gudu Leng, the person was like his name—cold. Despite the large space between Huang Xiaolong and Gudu Leng, he felt the wisps of coldness emitting from the other young man.

'Very pure dark element force.' Huang Xiaolong thought inwardly. From a general point of view, the dark element was always considered evil, but Gudu Leng's dark element felt pure instead.

"If I'm not wrong, he cultivates the Underworld Blackfrost Technique," Dragon Emperor Taiyi said. "Legend has it, the Underworld Blackfrost Technique was a cultivation technique created by one of the Kings of Hell that wasn't passed to outsiders, no one knows how the Gudu ancestor got his hands on it. However, the number of people in the Gudu Family that successfully cultivated this technique does not exceed three in the last ten thousand years."

Huang Xiaolong nodded as he listened.

Underworld Blackfrost Technique? His Asura Tactics was also a cultivation legacy from Hell.

"Jiang Shaoze is here! Rumors say that Jiang Shaoze has broken through to God Realm!"

"When he tested earlier, he hadn't broken through yet, I wonder what is his strength score would be now?"

The crowd waiting in the square broke out in another small commotion. Huang Xiaolong looked over and saw the same Jiang Family young man he saw when he collected the innate spiritual embryo.

Huang Xiaolong half expected him to break through to God Realm.

Jiang Shaoze cut through the noisy crowd, heading straight towards Gudu Leng. Stopping in front of Gudu Leng, Jiang Shaoze declared, "Gudu Leng, don't assume that you'll place first in the assessment, I will definitely defeat you."

Gudu Leng glanced at Jiang Shaoze with a stoic face, "I'll be waiting."

Jiang Shaoze snorted grumpily and walked away.

"Xu Shaoqing! Wang Biaoyuan!"

Someone exclaimed, stirring the crowd.

Huang Xiaolong too looked over and saw a pair of a young man and woman walking in holding hands. The woman was attired in a green dress and had cute and lovely features, with two prominent dimples, whereas the young man beside her was clad in a simple two-piece blue tunic and pants with an ancient looking sword hanging from his waist. His handsome face exuded a domineering aura.

"These two are not simple, the girl's body is the Veluriya Hundred Soft Physique and the young man's physique is called Indestructible Vajra Physique." Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi's voice sounded. "If you run into these two people later, be a little more careful."

Although surprised, Huang Xiaolong nodded nonetheless.

In the past nine months, Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi had described some of the three thousand unique physiques and some of their potential to him. Both the Veluriya Hundred Soft Physique and Indestructible Vajra Physique ranked within the top one hundred among three thousand.

Both of these unique physiques were formidable, but then again, hey couldn't be compared with Huang Xiaolong's True Dragon Physique. Both types of physiques ranked after the top thirties. Still, he could see that these two people were strong opponents, both of them had advanced into the God Realm.

Geniuses arrived one after another. Every time someone who scored 2000 points and above appeared, the crowd went into a frenzy mode.

Somewhere hidden in the deep void above Black Warrior City, stood two middle-aged men clad in robes representing the Black Warrior Institute. However, their robes were golden in color, including the tortoise pattern on their chests, proof of their high status, identity, and authority. Despite the flashy golden color of their robes, it was not vulgar to the eyes.

"That Gudu Leng is indeed a once in a million years rare talent, I heard that the Institute Principal wanted to take him as a personal disciple but was declined." Su Haodong said.

"No doubt the first place this time is none other than Gudu Leng." Li Zhiqun then chuckled, "But those Jiang Shaoze, Xu Shaoqing, Wang Biaoyuan, Li Mingxuan, Jiang Wei, Zhu Haixiang, Yang Shiqi, He Xiu and Su Meiyi are also not bad."

Su Haodong nodded in agreement, "With Gudu Leng in the first place, the second and third place holders would most likely be Jiang Shaoze, Wang Biaoyuan, Xu Shaoqing in the fourth place, with Li Mingxuan and the rest taking fifth to tenth places."

These ten people were the most promising candidates to sweep the top ten places in the eyes of those two middle-aged men. In fact, not only these two middle-aged men, most of the big forces were optimistic about these ten people.

"I heard there is one named Huang Xiaolong, his talent and strength aren't too bad." Li Zhiqun suddenly said. "I wonder which world surface's small family he comes from."

Su Haodong agreed, "The fact that a small world surface could nurture a genius of 2000 points of strength is truly rare. This Huang Xiaolong is very likely to enter the top thirty."

"Able to secure a place within the top thirty is considered quite good."

While the two continued with their small talk, the square below went abruptly quiet as the Elder overseeing this time's assessment walked out from the Hall of Heroes.

"I believe everyone here is very clear in regards to the new disciple selection assessment," Black Warrior Institute's Elder Zhang Tianchuan scanned the family disciples in the square and around the square's perimeter, "therefore I won't bother repeating the rules. Instead, I will announce the rewards for the top ten places."

"First place reward, ten million Xuanwu coins, one thousand pieces of Black Warrior Greater Strength Pellets, one thousand pieces of saint grade spirit stones, and one divine rank battle skill."

When Elder Zhang Tianchuan's voice spoke the last word, the entire square buzzed with excitement and shock. Although there were rumors flying around earlier saying that the first place rewards was increased, no one was able to guess the extent of the increase. But now, even disciples from prominent big forces were tempted after hearing the rewards.

Huang Xiaolong also did not imagine the first place reward to be so lucrative. Ten million Xuanwu coins was a tempting amount even for disciples from big forces. However, what really caught Huang Xiaolong's interest was the one thousand Black Warrior Greater Strength Pellets and that divine rank battle skill.

He had heard of the Black Warrior Greater Strength Pellets from Dragon Emperor Taiyi. Taking one could not only help enhance his strength and temper his body, it could even cleanse his soul. Moreover, a divine rank battle skill from the Black Warrior Institute was not something like a heaven rank battle skill from the Martial Spirit World could compare to. They were on totally different levels.

A fleeting light flickered in Gudu Leng's eyes when he heard the first place rewards, clearly, it sparked his interest. As did Jiang Shaoze, Wang Biaoyuan, Xu Shaoqing, and the rest.

Subsequently, Elder Zhang Tianchuan continued with the rewards for the second to the fourth places. Although the rewards were higher than the norm, it was a lot less compared to the first place rewards. Still, it was sufficient to spur these hot-blooded youngsters, roaring to go.

Zhang Tianchuan proceeded to start the transmission array after announcing the rewards. In the airspace above the square, a large black hole appeared, covering at least half of the square area. The participants would be sent to the Deepwood Star through this black hole.

"Assessment begin!" Zhang Tianchuan declared.

In the blink of an eye, the sky was filled with silhouettes leaping from the ground, drilling into the black hole.

Chapter 535: Hunting God Realm Demonic Beasts

The first person to pass through the black hole was Gudu Leng, followed by Jiang Shaoze, Wang Biaoyuan, then the rest also made their way through.

Several breaths' time later, Huang Xiaolong made his move. However, the actual passageway through the black hole was limited, moving at the same time as Huang Xiaolong were tens of thousands of other genius disciples.

Huang Xiaolong snorted. A burst of Asura qi was released from his body, hitting those disciples who were trying to squeeze into the black hole at the same time as him. From high above, several disciples dropped to the ground like dead locusts.

Huang Xiaolong pretended not to hear the angry shouts coming from below, flying straight into the black hole. Feeling like the universe flipped over, he fell out on the other side of the black hole.

Looking around, Huang Xiaolong saw that he appeared in a stone forest, with demonic beasts roars echoing endlessly in the distance.

The assessment deadline given was ten days. In these ten days, their results would be tallied according to the number of demonic beasts, monsters, and demons they killed.

Killing one early Tenth Order Saint realm brought 1 point, mid-stage would garner 5 points, while a late-Tenth Order Saint realm reaped 30 points. A peak-late Tenth Order Saint realm was 80 points, half-step God Realm was a high 300 points, and a peak half-step God Realm was 800 points. Then, the point gap widened further; an early First Order God Realm was 10,000 points, mid-First Order God Realm gave 50,000 points, and a late-First Order God Realm was a whopping 300,000 points!

Suddenly, a strange hair-raising shriek rang out, a multi-colored giant scorpion leaped onto Huang Xiaolong. Its enormous tail raised, with the poisonous stinger aimed at his throat.

Huang Xiaolong recognized this multi-colored scorpion, its poison was extremely toxic. Once stung, its poison could even corrode a peak half-step God Realm's tough physique.

Huang Xiaolong scoffed looking at the multi-colored scorpion, grabbing its enormous tail with one hand almost immediately. Huang Xiaolong's hand slightly shook and the giant scorpion's body turned red. Barely half a second later, fire sparks shot out from its body, incinerating the scorpion from inside out, turning it into gray ash, scattered in the air.

After killing the multi-colored giant scorpion, Huang Xiaolong noticed that the palm-sized token he received during the registration flowed softly, as a thin golden line emerged on its surface. The dim token looked a little brighter than before.

When a hint of Huang Xiaolong's consciousness submerged into the token, certain messages appeared in his mind.

[Huang Xiaolong, 300 points. Rank 957]

This was Huang Xiaolong's current score and ranking. Which meant the multi-colored giant scorpion he had just killed was a half-step God Realm, hence 300 points. But, what he didn't expect was that a several breaths' delay in entering would affect his ranking so severely.

Other than information about his points and ranking, there was another list that appeared in his mind. This list was a roll of the top one hundred ranking board and their points.

First place, Gudu Leng-9,538 points.

Second place, Jiang Shaoze-7,694 points.

Third place, Wang Biaoyuan-7,562 points.

This was the current top three's name and points on the board.

Gudu Leng was merely a few breaths' time faster than Huang Xiaolong, but in the brief few breaths' time, he had already accumulated more than 9,500 points! Huang Xiaolong was a little taken aback, but he wasn't perturbed.

The assessment period was ten days, up to the very last day, the top ten places' were subject to changes.

"Still, one shouldn't lax too much." Huang Xiaolong advised himself. Though the assessment had just begun, it wouldn't do if he fell too far behind.

Huang Xiaolong opened his Eye of Hell and everything within a hundred thousand li entered in sight. None could hide.

"En, God Realm?" Huang Xiaolong was surprised.

Fifty thousand li from where he stood, a giant black bear tightened its palm, instantly crushing two genius disciples into pieces. Then, its wide mouth inhaled, sucking in a dozen other disciples closeby into its mouth, becoming food that filled its belly.

This black bear was an early First Order God Realm!

This made Huang Xiaolong excited instead of turning around and flee.

Oh, boy! The sun was shining on his first God Realm beast core.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes sparkled brightly, releasing the Asura bloodline in his body and spreading out the Wings of Demon on his back. His figure disappeared from the stone forest almost instantaneously. A short while later, he appeared in the air above the black bear.

At this time, the black bear just caught another disciple, flinging the meal into its mouth, issuing loud crunching noises as it chewed the struggling disciple. A muffled blood-curdling scream could be heard before the disciple went totally quiet.

The remaining disciples in proximity stared wide-eyed in fear, their faces white as a sheet. All of them belonged to the same family, banding together as they passed through the black hole. Never did they imagine that they would drop right in front of a God Realm demonic beast. To these Saint realms and half-step God Realm disciples, a God Realm demonic beast was a terrifying nightmare in real life.

"It has been two hundred years since I tasted human flesh, this time, I must eat my fill!" The black bear's pupils gleamed with bloodthirst as he turned towards the remaining disciples.

The shadow of death loomed over these disciples. Before a God Realm demonic beast, they lacked the ability to escape. As the black bear's paws slammed down, a violent tremor ran through the ground.

It was at this point that Huang Xiaolong's figure flickered, entering the black bear's vision. His sudden appearance also dumbfounded the petrified disciples.

"Half-step God Realm?" The black bear took a glance at the human blocking its path and its lips curled back into a grin, "Heh, a death-seeking human." Its paw swung forward, slapping down on Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong looked ahead with a frosty gaze, blocking the attack with a finger. The black bear's huge palm was pinned in midair.

The frightened Saint realm disciples watched flabbergasted at this sudden reversal; the attack was stopped? The black bear's huge palm was still locked in the same position, unable to advance an inch forward. Moreover, that young man merely used one finger!

Shock was evident on the black bear's face.

Huang Xiaolong's expression remained cold as a blinding light soared skyward from his finger. True essence fire lurked within the finger force, burning a hole right through the bear's paw. An abrupt force knocked the black bear off its feet.

When the black bear was knocked back, Huang Xiaolong's silhouette flickered in pursue. His palm was sharp as a knife as it slit across its throat. A hair-raising wail echoed in the air even as the black bear's head flew into the sky.

Huang Xiaolong's right hand curled slightly and a powerful force sucked a black ball of light out from the black bear's head, falling into his right palm. The small black ball of light shook violently as it struggled and screamed, trying to escape. The little black ball of light was none other than the black bear's soul.

Huang Xiaolong exerted more pressure and the black bear's soul quickly stopped struggling, even its separated head and body stopped moving. He walked over to the black bear's body, removing a fist-sized yellow beast core from its body in less than a second.

His first God Realm demonic beast core! Huang Xiaolong put the beast core into the Asura Ring, and as for the black bear's body, he threw it into the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, letting the Poison Corpse Scarabs deal with it.

Until Huang Xiaolong left their sight, the surviving Saint realm disciples barely regained their senses, each of them was agape with astonishment.

Killing a God Realm demonic beast in two moves?! On top of that, it didn't even seem like the other side had gone all out.

"Who, who is this person?! Gudu Leng? No, he's not Gudu Leng!"

"Scary, too scary! His strength is definitely more terrifying than Gudu Leng!"

Recovering from their traumatic shock, the surviving disciples began to guess Huang Xiaolong's identity. Due to the Asura bloodline, his body was covered with a layer of Asura scales, unless it was someone familiar with Huang Xiaolong, no one could recognize him.

Three hours later and a few million miles away, a tiger-shaped demonic beast plummeted a long way down to the ground.

Huang Xiaolong's right palm was like a sharp knife as it slashed across its body, removing the beast core within. This was Huang Xiaolong's sixteenth God Realm demonic beast.

Even as he was putting the beast core away into the Asura Ring, Huang Xiaolong was frowning. He had already killed sixteen God Realm demonic beasts, but his ranking was still outside the top one hundred, unable to inch into the ranks of the top one hundred.

Killing one God Realm demonic beast would reap a lot of points, but they were less in number. He needed to spend time looking for them.

Chapter 536: Changes To The Top Ten Ranking

'This calls for a change of strategy.' Huang Xiaolong thought to himself.

If things were to progress in this direction, even if he killed all the God Realm demonic beasts, monsters, and demons on the Deepwood Star, he still wouldn't be able to clinch that first place.

According to what Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi said, the number of God Realm demonic beasts, monsters, and demons on the Deepwood Star did not exceed one thousand. How many points could one thousand bring? Thirty to forty million points at most.

Even now, Gudu Leng's points had broken past ten million!

Sitting firmly in the first place on the top one hundred board, Gudu Leng's points had reached a staggering number.

Second place Jiang Shaoze and third place Wang Biaoyuan were in the eight million range. Gudu Leng had successfully left everyone in the dust.

After pondering the matter for a moment, the Blades of Asura emerged in his hand. Aiming the blades to the front, both blades slashed out. In an instant, howling windstorm appeared, carrying countless blade lights spinning forward. Gale after gale of fierce wind, wave after wave of blade lights, each more powerful than its predecessor.

Asura Sword Skill Ninth Move: Wind Blades Volutions!

All the Tenth Order Saint realm demonic beasts, half-step God Realm demonic beast, even peak half-step demonic beast within the thousand li area in front turned into blossoms of blood mist.

A while later, the violent wind and blade lights dissipated.

Blooms of blood mist rained down from the sky like a monsoon rain, dyeing the soil red, forming red lines of winding streams.

One move killing more than three hundred demonic beasts in the proximity. In an instant, Huang Xiaolong's token became brighter, and his points increased by several tens of thousand. This was equivalent to Huang Xiaolong killing two to three God Realm demonic beasts.

Huang Xiaolong's consciousness scanned the message inside the token, he had risen six ranks in an instant!

With a wave of his hand, the hundreds of falling beast cores were swept into the Asura Ring. He then disappeared in a flicker, appearing a thousand li away, and slashed out the Blades of Asura in another wide area attack.

Countless blade lights transformed into chains, spanning out a thousand li. All the demonic beasts within a thousand li radius felt space around them grow solid, impeding their movements. They were looking for the cause, only to discover that they were shackled down by miles of black chains winding around their bodies.

Fear overtook these demonic beasts, just as they wanted to break out, the Blades of Asura in Huang Xiaolong's hands pulled back with a jerk. Instantly, these demonic beasts' bodies were shredded into ribbons, blasting into clouds of blood mist.

Bloodmist scattered with the wind, some fell splattering down to the ground, painting another thousand li of land in red.

Huang Xiaolong made a twisting motion with his hand, collecting another batch of hundreds of demonic beast cores into the Asura Ring.

His ranking rose once more.

Huang Xiaolong disappeared in a flicker, appearing a thousand li away, waving the blades in his hands again.

Asura Sword Skill, Fourth Move: State of Abundant Lightning.

Streaks of lightning struck down like heaven's wrath, turning into lightning flood dragons rampaging in the forest below, sending countless beast cores flying into the sky.

Just like this, Huang Xiaolong made continuous attack with the Blades of Asura. At the end of every move, the points in his token would increase by several thousand or more, pushing him up the ranks, closer toward the top one hundred list.

While Huang Xiaolong tirelessly attacked using the Asura Sword Skill moves and collecting beast cores, in the square in front of the Hall of Heroes, experts from different forces stared intently at the giant crystal spar hovering in the sky.

On the crystal spar surface were the names of the top one hundred and their scores. The score numbers kept flickering as they changed, with an occasional change to the name rankings.

35.62 million! Such an astounding number was Gudu Leng's latest score!

Staring at the scoreboard, various levels of discussions took place between these experts.

"It has only been three hours, but this Gudu Leng's score actually reached 35.62 million. What a freak! If things go on like this, his score definitely will reach 200 million by the end of the day! In the last assessment, the first place only scored 130 million on the first day!"

"It seems like the first place belongs to none other than Gudu Leng!"

Experts from various forces were whelmed as they continued to stare at the scoreboard.

Concealed in the deep void, the two middle-aged men wearing the Black Warrior Institute's golden robes, Su Haodong, and Li Zhiqun, nodded with a satisfactory smile at Gudu Leng's score.

"I'm really envious of Old Man Gudu ah, such a genius has come out from the Gudu Family!" Li Zhiqun lamented.

Su Haodong laughed, "That younger generation disciple of your family, Li Mingxuan is not bad either, he's sitting firmly in the sixth place."

At the moment, the scoreboard showed Li Mingxuan, at sixth place-23.29 million points. This Liu Mingxuan was one of Li Zhiquan family's younger generation.

Li Zhiquan laughed heartily, "Still too lacking compared to that Gudu Leng." Despite saying so, he wore an expression of pride as he added, "Looks like the top ten ranking is just like how we predicted."

The top four names on the scoreboard at this point were exactly how they had predicted; Gudu Leng, Jiang Shaoze, Wang Biaoyuan, and Xu Shaoqing.

Su Haodong nodded, "It seems like the first of the top ten is none other than Gudu Leng."

Although there was the possibility of changes in the top ten names, in their judgment however, this possibility was too small. Gudu Leng and the other nine had pulled their scores too far away from the rest to catch up.

Between the eleventh place and tenth place, the score was less by half, which greatly diminished any chances of crossing that gap. Moreover, as times passed, the top ten would only pull their scores further away from the rest.

Time flowed. The end of the first day arrived very quickly.

Huang Xiaolong was sitting cross-legged on a high mountain peak. After a day of slaughter, he finally broke into the top twenty. Currently, his score hovered over 90 million, ranked twelve.

This was the result of Huang Xiaolong not wanting to draw too much attention, resting to refine beast cores every now and then between the slaughter. If he had gone all out, he'd have entered the top ten by now.

"Gudu Leng, 260.954 million!" The moment Huang Xiaolong checked the token with his consciousness, the first thing he'd take note of was Gudu Leng's latest score. When Gudu Leng broke past the 200 million mark, his name shone even brighter on the scoreboard.

At the second place was still Jiang Shaoze, the third place also remained the same person, Wang Biaoyuan, and in the fourth place was still Xu Shaoqing. These three individuals' scores had all surpassed 180 million points.

From the fifth to tenth place were Jiang Wei, Li Mingxuan, He Xiu, Yang Shiqi, Su Meiyi, and Zhu Haixiang.

Zhu Haixiang at the tenth place had over 160 million points.

"Tomorrow, I can change to another location." Huang Xiaolong muttered as the scanned the boundless stone forest. By tomorrow, he would be able to kill all the demonic beasts in this area.

And Huang Xiaolong decided to enter the top tenth tomorrow. He had ample time, therefore he wasn't anxious. Swallowing a divine grade spirit pellet, Huang Xiaolong initiated Instant Recovery. It didn't take long for his depleted battle qi to become vibrant again. Huang Xiaolong stood up looking at the rays of sunlight from the edge of the horizon. Today was going to be another bright sunny day.

In front of the Hall of Heroes, the gathered experts were still paying close attention to the scoreboard.

Today was the second day. The sun was already high up in the sky, harsh sunlight heating the land.

The top ten names remained the same as day one.

It was at this time that those experts that had been staring that the scoreboard noticed the name position shift. This...?! Everyone was taken by surprise.

Only when there were changes to the top ten name list would there be a shift in position.

"Look, the tenth place Zhu Haixiang has fallen to the eleventh place!"

"Tenth place, Huang Xiaolong, 223.42 million!" Someone exclaimed.

Chapter 537: Second Day of Assessment

Tenth place, Huang Xiaolong!

Looking at the name that suddenly burst into the top ten ranks, everyone in the square was sent into a daze.

Due to Huang Xiaolong's low ranking at the beginning, his existence was inconspicuous. Despite his later efforts, his ranking climbed at a gradual pace over time, escaping everyone's attention, even when he finally inched his way up to the twelfth place. Thus, when Huang Xiaolong's name suddenly burst into the top ten ranks, it was an abrupt shock for everyone.

"Who is this Huang Xiaolong?" Some amongst the crowd questioned. A small disturbance waved through the square. The majority present had never heard of the name, yet there were individuals aware of Huang Xiaolong.

"During the talent test, his strength seemed to exceed 2200 points." Someone in the crowd said. This little piece of information instantly passed through the square like a hurricane. Movements in the top ten rankings were like rocking the boat.

In one area of the square, members of the Zhu Family were staring intently at the scoreboard as their family's disciple, Zhu Haixiang, fell out of the top ten rankings. This unexpected turn greatly upset them.

"Strength exceeding 2200 points? Who knows if he just ran into some dogshit luck! How can this level of strength enter the top ten?" One of the Zhu Family disciples scoffed with disdain.

"That's right, it's just a fluke that he managed to squeeze into the top ten. In my opinion, he can stay there for even a few minutes, he'll be kicked down by our Big Bro Zhu Haixing very soon!" Another Zhu Family disciple arrogantly clamored.

"But, being able to stay a few minutes there and catch a few minutes of the limelight is worth several generations of his ancestors' good karma." Another Zhu Family disciple chimed in, snickering. His words made the group of Zhu Family disciples burst out in wanton laughter.

Toward Huang Xiaolong's sudden breakout into the top ten, the many experts watching had differing opinions. However, the majority felt it was just a stroke of luck, that he won't be able to remain long in the ranks and would very soon be kicked down by Zhu Haixiang.

After all, Zhu Haixiang's strength during the aptitude test scored higher than Huang Xiaolong's.

Deep in the void, Li Zhiqun was dazed for a moment at the sudden emergence of Huang Xiaolong's name in the top ten ranks. He turned toward Su Haodong asking, "This Huang Xiaolong, what do you think?"

Su Haodong shook his head, "What can I think? He would only last a brief moment there, Zhu Haixiang will catch up quickly, kicking him down. However, this Huang Xiaolong actually managed to enter the top ten, it seems he held back a little during the aptitude test."

Li Zhiqun nodded in agreement, "We assumed earlier that this Huang Xiaolong could enter the top thirty, now it seems he could be in the top twenty."

An unknown character from a little-known family of a small world surface, being able to enter the top twenty ranks could be considered quite excellent. One must know, the number of talented geniuses that registered for the assessment this time around reached a staggering eighty million people.

Being one of the top twenty from a mass of eighty million disciples, or even top one hundred, passing the Black Warrior Institute's assessment was already a genius amongst geniuses.

Of course, Gudu Leng and the others on the Deepwood Star also noticed the shift in the top ten rankings. Toward the sudden appearance of an unknown Huang Xiaolong, they too were slightly surprised, for none of them had ever heard of this name prior to this.

Gudu Leng was merely a little surprised in passing and did not put the matter in his mind as he continued hunting. He didn't even put characters like Jiang Shaoze or Wang Biaoyuan in his eyes, what's to say about an unknown disciple of a nameless family?

Jiang Shaoze, Wang Biaoyuan, and the others also did not pay much attention to this small ripple.

However, one hour later, Huang Xiaolong's name remained on the top ten list and wasn't kicked out of the top ten by Zhu Haixiang in a matter of minutes, like everyone expected. Not only did Huang Xiaolong not drop out of the tenth place, the score gap between him and Zhu Haixiang grew increasingly bigger. When he first surpassed Zhu Haixiang, the difference between their scores was a mere 60,000 points, but now, as the first hour passed, Huang Xiaolong had pulled away by more than 10 million points.

On the Hall of Heroes square, the Zhu Family disciples that had been clamoring about the fact that Huang Xiaolong entering the top ten rankings was a fluke, having some dogshit luck, and it was only going to last a few minutes until 'Big Bro Zhu Haixiang' kicked him down, had long swallowed their words. Huang Xiaolong's glittering name on the scoreboard's top ten was the biggest slap on their faces.

The two words 'Huang Xiaolong' were so glaring in their eyes.

"It's just some ten millions points, there are more than five days left, Big Bro Zhu Haixiang can absolutely snatch the spot back from Huang Xiaolong!" A Zhu Family disciple said, but even so, his words faltered at the end, losing confidence.

Two more hours passed, and the points between Huang Xiaolong and Zhu Haixiang widened further to 22.32 million points. The Zhu Family disciples had gone totally quiet. Experts who did not look favorably on Huang Xiaolong's chances were dumbfounded.

Huang Xiaolong actually held firm to the tenth place!

Moreover, his progress was dogging on the heels of the ninth place, Su Meiyi, with just a little over 7 million points difference.

High up in the deep void, both Su Haodong and Li Zhiqun were just as astonished. Both of them could obviously see their shock mirrored on each other's face, neither of them expected Huang Xiaolong to able to hold on to the tenth place for so long. This time, both men reserved their opinions.

In a valley on the Deepwood Star, a young man clad in a striking red brocade robe was waving the sharp sword in his hand. A torrent of sword energy flew out, piercing into the cliff wall in front of him, instantly followed by the screeching wail of a demonic beast.

This young man was none other than that Zhu Family's disciple, Zhu Haixiang.

An intense murderous aura shrouded Zhu Haixiang, and his eyes glinted with danger. He was actually kicked out of the top ten out by an unknown brat named Huang Xiaolong! On top of that, more than two hours had passed, and not only had he failed to recapture his spot, the points difference between them grew wider still.

"Huang Xiaolong!!" He spat the name coldly, the sharp sword in his hand hummed with bloodthirst, "Pray that you don't run into me."

If they did, Huang Xiaolong would be a dead man! He refused to believe that a disciple from an unknown family was stronger than him. He, who was recognized as the Zhu Family's rare genius in a hundred thousand years.

The institute's assessment scoring was based on the number of demonic beasts, monsters, and demons killed to determine their ranks. Therefore, a high ranking was not equivalent to higher strength. However, the Deepwood Star was a very big planet, even if they stayed here for a hundred years, he and Huang Xiaolong might not run into each other.

Zhu Haixiang leaped into the air, the sharp sword in his hand changed into a fire phoenix, hovering around his body. Moments later, he disappeared from the valley in a flicker.

At the same time, on a stretch of plains, an alluring young woman dressed in an open collar gown was frowning. On the scoreboard, Huang Xiaolong's points were getting closer to hers, raising a strong sense of danger in her.

"Mmm, looks like I need to use my ultimate skill." Su Meiyi muttered to herself. In the next moment, the two colorful jade bangles on her wrist suddenly shot out. All the demonic beasts in their path exploded to their deaths.

The jade bangles made a curve in the air, falling back onto her wrist.

But it made her gloomier still; even after using her biggest skill, Huang Xiaolong continued to narrow the gap between their points.

Two hours later, Huang Xiaolong overtook her. Thoroughly overtaking her position!

When the second day ended, Huang Xiaolong had left her behind by 10 million points, firmly sitting onto the ninth place.

The silence of the night was occasionally broken by demonic beast roars.

Huang Xiaolong shuttled under the night sky, leaving the stone forest area and arriving at a different mountain range. For the third day, Huang Xiaolong aimed to move up two ranks, just two ranks were sufficient.

Chapter 538: Third Day of Assessment

The third day of assessment.

On the Hall of Heroes square, the crowd seemed to be staring at the scoreboard even more intensely, extremely unwilling to accept what was before them.

Not only had that Huang Xiaolong kid entered the top ten ranks, he was securely sitting in the ninth place!

The original ninth place holder, Su Meiyi, was relegated to the tenth place. Moreover, Huang Xiaolong had pulled his score by 20 million points away from Su Meiyi. By noon on the third day, Huang Xiaolong drew closer to the eighth place Yang Shiqi with a mere few million points difference between them. Judging from the look of things, surpassing Yang Shiqi was only a matter of time.

On the square, the unbridled mocking disdain toward Huang Xiaolong from yesterday had completely vanished.

"Which small world surface's family did this Huang Xiaolong popped out from? Aren't his strength and talent a little too frightening!?"

"Say, which rank do you think Huang Xiaolong can climb to by the last day?!"

As the mocking jeers died down, a feeling of amazement lingered.

Due to Huang Xiaolong suddenly bursting into the top ten scene, then climbing up to the ninth place, he became the most focused person on the scoreboard after Gudu Leng. Everyone was trying to guess the same thing, what ranking could Huang Xiaolong get at the end of the assessment?

By now, all of them were sure that Huang Xiaolong must have held back during the aptitude test, but by how much, that was the question.

"I'd say Huang Xiaolong can most probably reach the fifth place!"

"Fifth? Not possible, my guess is the seventh place."

Everyone was busy making their own guesses.

In the void above, as both Su Haodong and Li Zhiqun watched Huang Xiaolong's points eating away the gap between him and the eighth place Yang Shiqi, both of them were reluctant to accept this fact.

Li Zhiqun shook his head with a bitter smile on his face, "This Huang Xiaolong really surprises me, I did not expect him to be capable of rising to the eighth spot."

Su Haodong sounded solemn, "This Huang Xiaolong has a high chance of taking the fourth place by the last day."

First place, Gudu Leng. Second, Jiang Shaoze. Third, Wang Biaoyuan. As strong as Huang Xiaolong's talent and strength might be, the top three places would remain unchanged; Gudu Leng, Jiang Shaoze, and Wang Biaoyuan.

Li Zhiqun nodded, he was of the same opinion. It was very unlikely, even impossible, for Huang Xiaolong to breach into the top three, "What a pity, if this was a different time, this Huang Xiaolong might have been able to enter the top three, but there is Gudu Leng this time."

On the Deepwood Star, Huang Xiaolong retrieved the Blades of Asura as he watched the pack of demonic wolves in the distance. His hands formed into claws, striking out.

"Fifteenth Move of the Dragon God!"

Vigorous dragon qi turned into fifteen different natured dragons; water, fire, wood, metal, wind, Buddha, black, white, hump, bone, nether, devil, true, sky, and ice.

Dragon roars reverberated in the sky, clouds rolled and the wind howled.

The wolf pack exploded as fifteen dragons weaved in their midst, leaving beast cores floating in midair one after another. Then, the Dragon Pearl shone in a brilliant light as Dragon Emperor Ao Taiyi opened his mouth and inhaled all the beast cores into his body. Strands of pure demonic essence energy seeped out from his body and transferred into Huang Xiaolong's to be absorbed and refined by him.

Now, Huang Xiaolong's True Dragon Physique had grown powerful enough to absorb the energy inside several hundred Tenth Order Saint realm, half-step God Realm, and peak half-step God Realm beast cores in a few breath's time. Hence, he no longer needed to go into closed-door cultivation to do so. All the beast cores would be refined by the Dragon Pearl immediately after the kill. In the two days he was hunting on the Deepwood Star, his strength was growing at a slow but steady pace.

When Huang Xiaolong was still a peak mid-Tenth Order Saint realm, he was able to stand against Deities Templar's Temple Preceptor Ying Tian. With his current strength now, he only needed one move to deal with any early First Order God Realm demonic beasts.

It was a bit more troublesome to deal with mid-First Order God Realm demonic beasts, but still, it would only take three moves at most.

After a little more than two days, the number of First Order God Realm demonic beasts that died under Huang Xiaolong's hand came up to one hundred and sixty-three. Among them, eight were mid-First Order God Realm. Until now, he had yet to come across a late-First Order God Realm demonic beast.

Just as Huang Xiaolong landed the final strike on a mid-First Order God Realm demonic beast, changes took place on the scoreboard once more.

Eighth place, Huang Xiaolong, 687.039 million.

The initial eighth place holder was relegated to the ninth place.

"Already number eight." Huang Xiaolong muttered to himself.

At the moment, the seventh place He Xiu had just passed 700 million points, just slightly over a million points higher than Huang Xiaolong. To him, catching up on a million points gap was very easy.

After thinking for a while, Huang Xiaolong took out over one hundred and sixty beast cores from the Asura Ring. These beast cores were of various colors, floating around Huang Xiaolong in the air, emitting a soft glow. He tried controlling these beast cores with his consciousness, making them rotate at high speed, raising a frightening wind cyclone.

The wind cyclone continued to expand, growing bigger. All the demonic beasts in the proximity were pulled into the wind cyclone. Inside the wind cyclone, these demonic beasts' bodies were pierced through by the spinning beast cores, killing several at one go.

In this way, Huang Xiaolong flew forward.

Beast cores continued to rotate around Huang Xiaolong at high speed, expanding even bigger in size. All the demonic beasts in his path were swallowed into the wind cyclone.

"What is that?!" In the air above a mountain range, several disciples belonging to the same family watched dumbstruck at the giant wind cyclone moving in their direction. Seeing the wind cyclone swallowing demonic beasts into it one after another, with even peak half-step God Realms being killed, these disciples' faces became ashen.

Recovering from their shock, these family disciples quickly descended to the ground surface, hiding inside a cave.

The last disciple barely made it into the cave when they saw the scary wind cyclone blow straight at the mountain over them. The entire cave trembled violently as if the world was collapsing. It wasn't until the cyclone was long gone before they dared to exit the safety of the cave, but that did not make it any better discovering that all the demonic beasts in the area had disappeared.

"So scary, how is there such a character in this time's assessment?!" Recalling the scene earlier, the disciple's heart palpitated.

They could vaguely make out the shadow of a person inside the wind cyclone.

"Who was it really? Gudu Leng? Jiang Shaoze or Wang Biaoyuan?!" Each disciple was still bewildered by what they had just witnessed.

"Jiang Shaoze and Wang Biaoyuan probably don't have this level of strength, that person is likely to be Gudu Leng!" One of the disciples stated after a while.

As everyone continued to pay close attention to the scoreboard, the sky gradually darkened. By the evening sunset at dusk, Huang Xiaolong had inched up to the seventh place, and He Xiu dropped to the eighth place.

Yang Shiqi and Su Meiyi remained at ninth and tenth places consecutively, whereas Zhu Haixiang who was kicked off the top ten ranks by Huang Xiaolong remained on the eleventh place.

Looking at the night sky, Huang Xiaolong descended on one of the mountain peaks, breathing out a mouthful of turbid qi and shaking his limbs to loosen his muscles. In the last three days, if not killing demonic beast he would refine beast cores. Feeling dull from the tedious repetitions, he decided to relax a little.

His current score had surpassed He Xiu's by more than twenty million, it wasn't a gap that He Xiu could narrow in a short period.

On the peak, Huang Xiaolong built a bonfire and placed the meat of a tiger-like demonic beast over it. Then, he took a gulp of Duanren Empire's Sapidity Wine. 'Ah, excellent wine.'

In the blink of an eye, it had been over two years since he left the Martial Spirit World. To be honest, he indeed missed the days spent there.

A short while later, the aromatic fragrance of meat permeated the air. The tiger-shaped demonic beast meat that Huang Xiaolong was roasting belonged to a mid-First Order God Realm demonic beast, its meat was a hundred times more fragrant than the Tyrant Boar meat.

Reaching out to tear off a piece of meat and biting into it, his mouth was filled with a fragrant, tender, and juicy meat with excellent texture.

If, by chance, the experts on the Hall of Heroes square knew that Huang Xiaolong was enjoying himself with roast meat and good wine during the assessment, it was a wonder what kind of expressions would they make.

"So fragrant, what is it? Roast meat? Wine?" A bemused tone of voice rang in the dark. Next, a large group of family disciples rushed in Huang Xiaolong's direction, two hundred people more or less.

"Haha, are my eyes seeing right? Someone is actually roasting meat and drinking wine here?" When the group of people saw Huang Xiaolong, they couldn't resist laughing. "Which family's disciple does this kid belongs to, if his elders knew what this kid is doing right now, they'd be angered to their deaths!"

Chapter 539: Fourth Place Already!

Huang Xiaolong ignored the group of family disciples after a cursory glance, nonchalantly feasting on roast meat and wine.

Excellent meat paired with excellent wine.

Huang Xiaolong was probably the only person extravagant enough to use a mid-First Order God Realm demonic beast's meat for barbecue. His profligate use of resources even surpassed that of large families' disciples.

These disciples descended on the peak where Huang Xiaolong was, approaching him.

"Half-step God Realm?" Upon closer observation, one of the disciples let out a laugh sensing Huang Xiaolong's cultivation realm, "A mere half-step God Realm dares to build a bonfire here, alone, roasting meat? Perhaps he's a fool?"

His words brought a bout of loud laughter from his companions.

A half-step God Realm roasting meat over a bonfire would attract numerous demonic beasts prowling in the area. This was literally a suicidal action.

Huang Xiaolong took a sip of his wine, shooting a glance at the person who spoke just now, his expression stoic, "Seeing that I'm still in a good mood, you can still make it if you scram right now."

"Scram?!" After a moment of daze, the disciple laughed in contrary to his fury, "Punk, have you thought of the consequence of the words you just uttered?"

"What consequences?" Huang Xiaolong pulled off a piece of the tiger leg and bit a large chunk off, sending meat juices splattering to the ground.

"Courting death!" That disciple's anger boiled over seeing that Huang Xiaolong dared not to put him in his eyes. Letting out an angry roar, he struck a punch at Huang Xiaolong.

"Heaven's Violent Slaughtering Tempest Fist!" Fist force whistled through the wind, raising violent currents. A faint majestic power could be felt from the attack.

Huang Xiaolong slightly tilted his head up, blowing out a gust of wind from his mouth.

The uprising of a violent tempest dissipated, the powerful force from the fist dispersed, and that family disciple was howling tragically as he was sent flying back, exploding into pieces in a high arc.

Everything went deathly quiet. The rest of the family disciples froze, blanking for a moment before looking like all the blood was drained out of them.

That family disciple that blew up was a peak half-step God Realm, someone infinitely close to breaking into the God Realm. He was the strongest one amongst them, but he died from a simple blow!

When the remaining disciples regained their senses, all of them subconsciously retreated a step.

"You, who are you?!" One of family disciple stammered.

Huang Xiaolong took another sip of wine, answering nonchalantly, "Huang Xiaolong."

"Huang Xiaolong!"

"You're that seventh place Huang Xiaolong!"

All two hundred faces grew a shade paler if that was possible.

If this was three days ago, maybe most of them wouldn't have heard of Huang Xiaolong's name, but now, among the eighty million disciples going through the same assessment, who didn't know of Huang Xiaolong?

"So, it's Brother Huang." A family disciple stepped out with some false bravado, offering an amiable smile with cautiously as he said, "It was us who have offended earlier, hope Brother Huang can be forgiving, we'll take our leave immediately!" Despite having over two hundred people in numbers, if Huang Xiaolong wanted to kill them, it'd be like a predator toying with its prey.

Killing a peak half-step God Realm merely took a breath from his mouth, killing them all wouldn't need more than two hundred blows of breath, this was what was going through that disciple's mind.

What this disciple didn't know was that if Huang Xiaolong wanted to annihilate all of them, he could do it in one breath. Killing one or killing two hundred bore no difference to him.

"Roll away!" Huang Xiaolong no longer paid them any attention.

When the Saint realm experts within the group heard the phrase, it was akin to heavens' amnesty. Everyone secretly breathed out in relief as they turned around, about to leave, when...

"Wait!" Huang Xiaolong's voice sounded.

Hearts tightened nervously, all their actions frozen and faces turned a deathly shade of gray. Did this Huang Xiaolong change his mind?

"Remove all the spatial rings on your bodies before leaving." Huang Xiaolong's voice sounded once again.

Did they dare to utter any objections? All they could do was remove all the spatial rings on them with the fastest speed, handing them over to Huang Xiaolong before fleeing for their lives.

Just as these disciples were fleeing for their lives, a loud bang resounded. Looking at the source, one of the disciples ran into a high mountain wall in front of him in haste and did not pay attention to his front, resulting in a full-frontal collision.

"My head's spinning!" Crashing into the mountain wall, the disciple became dizzy and plummeted to the ground. One had to admit, this family disciple's head was quite sturdy. These mountain walls on the Deepwood Star were extremely hard, average swords or knives could hardly leave any scratch marks on their surface.

Huang Xiaolong blanked momentarily watching that disciple, then was speechless, before shaking his head with a faint smile.

At this time on the Hall of Heroes square, the different forces' experts stirred, many of them had noticed that Huang Xiaolong's score hadn't moved for the last two hours.

The two people in the void above also noticed this matter and exchanged a look between them.

"Could this Huang Xiaolong have run into a late-First Order God Realm demonic beast?" Su Haodong made a conjecture.

In general, and all the past assessments, late-First Order God Realm demonic beasts were not included. However, this time, because of Gudu Leng, the Black Warrior Institute deliberately 'released' two late-First Order God Realms on the Deepwood Star.

Li Zhiqun's brows creased into deep furrows. If, by chance, Huang Xiaolong really did run into a late-First Order God Realm demonic beast, it would be troublesome. There had been no changes in his points for some time, he was most likely gravely injured by the late-First Order God Realm demonic beast, rendering him into a coma. If this was truly the case, forget fourth place, he wouldn't be able to hold on to the tenth place.

Huang Xiaolong's 'quietness' was also noticed by the He Family disciples. As Huang Xiaolong remained still while He Xiu's points, who was kicked down to the eighth position, kept climbing up, seemingly about to overtake Huang Xiaolong very soon, the He Family disciples burst out in cheers.

"That Huang Xiaolong was so fierce in the beginning, but do you see now, he can't do it anymore." One of the He Family disciple mocked.

"I'll say, he can't do it anymore, he most likely went soft." In the distance, the Zhu Family disciples who held a grudge toward Huang Xiaolong chimed in.

The other families' disciples snickered at the side, shaking their heads.

But then again, if they were to know that Huang Xiaolong was leisurely treating himself with meat and wine on the Deepwood Star, these people would be angered into fainting.

On Deepwood Star, Huang Xiaolong finally stood up two hours later, stretching his waist and arms lazily. Well fed and watered, it was time to get back to work.

Huang Xiaolong appeared in the sky in a flicker. Taking out roughly two hundred beast cores from the Asura Ring, he repeated what he did during the day. He used his consciousness to control these beast cores to rotate around him at high speed, creating a fierce wind cyclone, and marched onward. Everywhere the wind cyclone passed through, no demonic beast was left behind.

During the day, Huang Xiaolong had noticed that using his consciousness to control these beast cores actually enhanced his soul force by a great margin.

On the Hall of Heroes square, before the eyes of the He Family disciples, just as He Xiu was about to catch up to Huang Xiaolong's score, with merely several hundred points difference, Huang Xiaolong's points shot up and continued to increase at a frightening speed.

The crowd was left reeling at the sudden turn, especially when the sixth place Li Mingxuan was overtaken by Huang Xiaolong, and soon after, his points surpassed the fifth place Jiang Wei.

Huang Xiaolong's points continued to shoot up like a nightmare, dogging on Xu Shaoqing's heels.

Gasps of shock and astonishment grew increasingly loud on the square as time passed by. And those He Family disciples that were laughing at Huang Xiaolong being fierce in the beginning and going soft at the end felt like their heads were hammered, there was nothing but a white blank space in their minds.

Didn't this look like he got even fiercer? But, wasn't this a bit too savage?

On the Deepwood Star, the eighty million disciples felt their minds humming as they watched Huang Xiaolong climbing up the top ten ranks like a devil.

At this time, the positions in the top ten ranks shifted again.

"Fourth place, Huang Xiaolong's in the fourth place now!" A disciple's shrill shriek cut across the square.

Chapter 540: The Battle For First Place

Looking at the floating crystal scoreboard in the air above the square, both present experts and family disciples were flabbergasted.

Not too long ago, they had just claimed with surety that this Huang Xiaolong could reach the seventh place, or sixth at most, highest at the fifth place. Yet, before the day ended, Huang Xiaolong shot up the scoreboard using a terrifying speed all the way until the fourth place.

On the Deepwood Star, a black-robed Gudu Leng was standing in the air above a vast icefield.

"En?!" The moment his consciousness submerged into the assessment token, he was a little surprised to find the permanent figure in the fourth place, Xu Shaoqing, relegated to fifth place, whereas the current fourth place was Huang Xiaolong!

Huang Xiaolong?!

He repeated the name and a glimmer of recognition flashed in his mind. The fella that kicked Zhu Haixiang out from the top ten rankings.

At that time, he didn't pay much attention to the matter. Later on, as he focused on killing demonic beasts, monsters, and demons, Gudu Leng did not have spare the time to check the scoreboard. Never had he imagined that in a short two days, this Huang Xiaolong actually climbed all the way up to the fourth place!

"Things are getting interesting." Gudu Leng said softly to himself, mildly intrigued. Then again, it was merely a mild interest, worth less than the briefest second of his attention.

In another location on the Deepwood Star, clad in a blue two-piece blue tunic, Wang Biaoyuan didn't look too happy as he watched the changes in the rankings. His fiancée, Xu Shaoqing, was actually kicked down to the fifth place by an unknown background character named Huang Xiaolong! On top of that, this Huang Xiaolong gave him a sense of crisis.

His current points were slightly over 963 million, and Huang Xiaolong had over 892 million points.

Although 70 million was seemingly a big gap, with Huang Xiaolong's speed in picking up points, overtaking him was only a matter of time.

In another location, Jiang Shaoze too was looking at the scoreboard's changes with a sullen face. A part of him strongly refused to believe that Huang Xiaolong actually managed to reach the fourth place. During Huang Xiaolong's aptitude test, he was present, and 'saw' everything clear more than anyone.

The third day ended, blanketing many people's indignant disbelief with darkness.

On the fourth day, Huang Xiaolong's points continued to soar, akin to sails under the full blast wind, securing his hold on the fourth place. On the fifth day, however, his points did not move up like everyone expected. Instead, it rose steadily, maintaining an approximate gap of 70 million from Wang Biaoyun at all times.

This situation was deemed favorable to Wang Biaoyuan and Jiang Shaoze as both unknowingly breathed out in relief. Huang Xiaolong's score maintained the steady speed of increment on the sixth day as well.

Seeing this, Wang Biaoyuan and Jiang Shaoze both finally relaxed. To them, the previous spurt was Huang Xiaolong's limit.

At the end of the sixth day, Gudu Leng checked the scoreboard again. When he saw the result, he shook his head, "Still at number four? I thought that the competition this time wouldn't be as dull, but in the end I'm still disappointed."

In the Hall of Heroes' square, the Jiang and Wang Families felt as if a great burden was taken off their chests, allowing them to finally breathe with ease.

But just when everyone thought that Huang Xiaolong was at his limit and wouldn't be able to rise further up the ranks, a certain family disciple's eyes bulged out with shock, filled to the brim with disbelief as he stared at the scoreboard: "Huang Xiaolong, he, he, he...!"

His reaction baffled everyone and drew everyone's attention toward the fourth place on the scoreboard at the same time. What they saw was Huang Xiaolong's points that had been rising steadily in the last two days suddenly shoot up with unprecedented speed, narrowing a large gap toward Wang Biaoyuan with every breath's time.

"This...?!" No one knew how to react.

Even the two middle-aged men concealed in the deep void, Su Haodong and Li Zhiqun, looked tense with surprise.

On the Deepwood Star, deep ripples of shock ran through Wang Biaoyuan even as his hand swung frenzily in slaughter, yet he still failed to widen the gap between their points.

50 million!

40 million!

"10 million, it's only 10 million now!" A spectating disciple on the Hall of Heroes square exclaimed in a high-pitched voice.

From 10 million, the gap grew smaller and smaller, 9 million, 8 million... 1 million!

Wengg! Suddenly, the scoreboard beamed brightly, the whole crystal stone visibly quivered. Only when the names in the top three rankings changed would the crystal stone behave in this manner, releasing a resplendent light.

When the light gradually dimmed, becoming less glaring to the eyes, everyone saw that Wang Biaoyuan's name had dropped from third place to the fourth.

On the third place, Huang Xiaolong!

These two words, Huang Xiaolong, were so piercing in the eyes of the Wang Family!

The 70 million gap at the beginning between Huang Xiaolong and Wang Biaoyuan, was overtaken in a short two hours' time.

While everyone was still immersed in the astonishment of Huang Xiaolong entering top three ranks, the person himself continued to slaughter, accumulating more and more points, slowly but surely closing in on Jiang Shaoze.

Regaining their senses, the crowd in the square stared without blinking as Huang Xiaolong's points inched closer to Jiang Shaoze, growing more nervous by the second as if their hearts were displaced, stuck in their throats.

Some time later, without any suspense, the crystal stone once again breaking out in a resplendent glow, shaking stronger than the first time. When the scoreboard returned to normal, the second-ranked Jiang Shaoze had fallen to the third place.

Second place, Huang Xiaolong!

The entire square was abnormally quiet to the point where a pin drop sounded like thunder.

Not one person was able to foresee this result.

A disciple of unknown background named Huang Xiaolong actually killed his way up to second place! Seven days ago, how many people had heard of Huang Xiaolong?

As time passed, more and more experts appeared in the square. The news about Huang Xiaolong snatching the second place had spread out, alerting the experts in every corner of the Black Warrior City.

Even after Huang Xiaolong overtook the second place, his points did not stop rising. In fact, they seemed to climb even faster, as if they were targeting Gudu Leng, slowly approaching.

"This, this Huang Xiaolong, is he planning to fight for the first place?!" Almost everyone in the square noticed this situation, and a family disciple couldn't restrain himself, shouting out loud.

First place?!

Watching this, they felt as if something pricked their hearts.

Gudu Leng, when he took the aptitude test, his strength passed the 3000 points mark. In the last ten million years, he was the only person who achieved this result, to the point of alerting even the Black Warrior Institute's Principal.

If Huang Xiaolong won the first place...?! Imagining this possibility, the myriad expressions in the crowd were a rich variation. Did that mean Huang Xiaolong's talent was higher than Gudu Leng's?

Huang Xiaolong's sudden jump to the second place did not go unnoticed by Gudu Leng. He watched the speed of Huang Xiaolong's rising points with anticipation.

"It's getting more interesting now." He leaped up, an obscure light flitted across his pupils, forming two black vortices in the depths of his obsidian black pupils. Black ripples of energy spread to the surrounding space, vibrating in a radius of several li. All the demonic beasts within the radius stopped moving. Their bodies disintegrated into fine black particles, scattering in the air.

Back in the square, the crowd watched as Gudu Leng's points also soared with horrifying speed.

At times, Gudu Leng's points would increase by fifty to sixty thousand, while Huang Xiaolong collected half of that, other times, Huang Xiaolong's score would jump ten, twenty thousand whereas Gudu Leng only managed six to seven thousand.

Staring tightly at these two people's points fighting tit-for-tat, their eyes were bedazzled by the constant glimmer of points change.

One hour, two hours, three hours. One day passed, these two people's points continued to increase at shocking speed; you chase, I rush, fighting neck to neck. The flickering lights of points became a norm.

The crowd watched with their breaths held in as the eighth day ended.

And the sun rose on the ninth day.

Although Gudu Leng's mad rush of points seemed scary, the crowd gradually realized that Huang Xiaolong was actually pulling closer. Initially, when Huang Xiaolong first snatched the second place, his points were a huge 300 million behind Gudu Leng. At the beginning of the ninth day, however, the difference was only 30 million.

On the Deepwood Star, Huang Xiaolong's silhouette was shifting rapidly, his palms straight like knives, instantly slitting the neck of a mid-First Order God Realm demonic beast.

This was his five hundred and sixty-third God Realm demonic beast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 130 31
It started with Donghyuck. Because Donghyuck was always starting something, the little bitch. (or the other '00 liners start sprouting wings shortly...
315 52 5
「 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎」 ❝ 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎, 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑 ━━ ━ (𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵)「 ☆★ 」 「𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 �...
10.5K 438 16
𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚠𝚎𝚒 𝚠𝚞𝚡𝚒𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜? 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎? 𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍? �...