Invincible

By Jepnox2nd

More

1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
181-200
201-220
221-240
241-260
261-280
281-300
301-320
341-360
361-380
381-400
401-420
421-440
441-460
461-480
481-500
501-520
521-540
541-560
561-580
581-600
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
681-700
701-720
721-740
741-760
761-780
781-800
801-820
821-840
841-860
861-880
881-900
901-920
921-940
941-980
961-980
981-1000
1001-1020
1021-1040
1041-1060
1061-1080
1081-1100
1101-1120

321-340

1.7K 59 1
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 321: Battling Zhao Chen Again

Huang Xiaolong listened silently to Snow Dragon City's Li Qiuping and the others' sardonic comments in the distance with stoic manner...

Whereas Zhao Chen's expression grew grim as he watched Huang Xiaolong, he didn't miss the remarks coming from Li Qiuping's side. He knew better than anyone here Huang Xiaolong's strength. He let Huang Xiaolong escape last time, so no matter what, he absolutely mustn't allow Huang Xiaolong to escape a second time, otherwise, in front of Li Qiuping and the other geniuses, all his face would be lost clean!

Zhao Chen's momentum increased as he narrowed the distance, a heavy pressure enveloped Huang Xiaolong. Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and Guo Dehui, who were bantering amongst themselves, noticed there was something odd with the atmosphere, their casual remarks trailed off, exchanging a look amongst themselves. Each saw their own puzzlement reflected back from others' expression.

Obviously, none of them understood why Zhao Chen acted as if he was facing a great enemy.

"Isn't he just a little peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order kid?" Li Qiuping shook his head secretly, "Does he need to look so serious?"

Just when Li Qiuping and the others thought that Zhao Chen was exaggerating, blue flames rose from Zhao Chen's body, dancing wildly as an enormous two-headed blue bird materialized above his head.

This two-headed blue bird was Zhao Chen's top grade twelve martial spirit, Two-headed Blue Flame Bird.

Seeing that Zhao Chen actually summoned his martial spirit to deal with a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order, Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, Guo Dehui, and the rest on the square were greatly astonished.

However, it did not end there. In the next moment, the blue flames shrouding Zhao Chen flashed brightly and layers of blue-colored plumage covered his body like an armor. On the sides of his arms, steel-like blue spike feathers stood on ends.

Not only did Zhao Chen summon his martial spirit, he even soul transformed!

Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and Guo Dehui's eyes protruded in shock. Zhao Chen dealing with the kid personally was shocking enough for them, but now, even before Zhao Chen made the first move, he summoned his martial spirit and soul transformed?

A Saint realm expert killing a Xiantian warrior was a mere pinky raising effort, when did it come up to having to soul transform?

While the Snow Dragon City, Saber Imperial City, and Green Ghost City disciples were still in shock with Zhao Chen's actions, another burst of blinding light shone from Zhao Chen's body as a large blue abyssal-like cave appeared.

"Saint realm space!" Nearly everyone blurted out, flabbergasted. The look in their eyes shifted from inexplicable to disbelief. Zhao Chen even resorted to the Saint realm space! If only they knew that Huang Xiaolong managed to flee from Zhao Chen's hand last time even after he called out his Saint realm space, what would they think?

Even so, none of them could figure out or understand why Zhao Chen was behaving so excessively to the point of calling out the Saint realm space. All of them shifted their curious eyes to Huang Xiaolong, yet they could not see what was so special about this peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order lanky young man that would push Zhao Chen to this extent.

It was at this time that Zhao Chen launched this attack. Bellowing, his palm pushed the blue flame space and it shot up to the sky, emanating scorching heat waves that engulfed Huang Xiaolong.

"Huang Xiaolong, your death is here!" Killing intent exploded in Zhao Chen's eyes. This time, he wanted to take Huang Xiaolong's life in a single attackㅡto wash his shame!

Like the previous time, before the scorching heatwave neared him, Huang Xiaolong already felt as if he was about to be burned into nothingness, however, this time, Huang Xiaolong did not dodge. The desire to battle danced brightly in his dark pupils like flames, he transformed into Asura Physique, the Wings of Demon extended out sharply. Without summoning his martial spirit nor soul transforming, both of Huang Xiaolong's palms struck forward.

Earthen Buddha Palm!

One after another, Buddha statues emerged from the ground, flying skyward in dazzling Buddha luminescence. These Buddha statues were different from the past, every Buddha statue was shrouded in powerful flames that seemed to overpower the blue flames from Zhao Chen's Saint realm space. Shattering Zhao Chen's scorching heat waves, the Buddha statues surged forward towards Zhao Chen's blue flames.

The flames shrouding the Buddha statues were Huang Xiaolong's true essence fire! Huang Xiaolong fused his true essence fire into the Earthen Buddha Palm, adding a cloak of flames around the statues, as if they were avatars of the Fire Buddha.

Boom! Huang Xiaolong's Earthen Buddha Palm collided with Zhao Chen's blue flames from his Saint realm space. The air shook with a volley of blasts and even the square floor shook violently.

Steward Feng and the other subordinates that encircled Huang Xiaolong were thrown back from the shockwave, even giant ghost Feng Yang was forced to the side.

Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and the rest felt the glaring collision, and in the next second, they watched Huang Xiaolong attack with the Earthen Buddha Palm, the many fire Buddha statues breaking through the sea of blue flames and colliding with Zhao Chen's Saint realm space.

Zhao Chen felt as if a heavy mountain crashed against his Saint realm space, causing it to shake intensely. The blue flames scattered as Zhao Chen was forcefully pushed back.

The scorching heat waves spread out, lingering in the air for a long time. A deathly silence descended on the square.

Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and Guo Dehui's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as they stared at Zhao ChenㅡZhao Chen was actually pushed back!

ImㅡImpossible! A Xiantian actually forced a Saint realm expert back!

A Saint realm expert that resorted to using his Saint realm space actually failed to kill a mere Xiantian!! Bearing witness to such mystifying sequence, none present were able to react promptly.

Despite repelling Zhao Chen successfully, Huang Xiaolong too staggered back from the impact. From the surface it may seem that both fought equally, neither gaining an advantage over the other, but all of them were aware deep down, who was stronger and who was weaker.

Not only did Zhao Chen soul transformed, he even used the Saint realm warriors' trump card, the Saint realm space, whereby Huang Xiaolong did not soul transform.

Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and the rest retrieved their gazes from Zhao Chen, looking at Huang Xiaolong instead. Each of them secretly drew in a sharp intake of breath; what if Huang Xiaolong soul transformed, didn't that indirectly show that Huang Xiaolong was stronger than Zhao Chen?!

A Xiantian warrior was more powerful than a Saint realm expert?!

This was insanity! The world had gone mad!

A Xiantian was stronger than a Saint realm!

"You, actually...!" Zhao Chen's face warped with anger when he managed to steady himself. Mixed within his anger was an undeniable shock as he stared at Huang Xiaolong. In the exchange earlier, he found that Huang Xiaolong's current strength had enhanced a great deal compared to that time in the City of Myriad Gods!

Huang Xiaolong didn't bother with Li Qiuping and others' expressions directed at him. He looked coldly at Zhao Chen, "Zhao Chen, in the City of Myriad Gods you claimed that you will enlighten me on the gap between a Xiantian and a Saint realm? Is this the gap you were referring to?"

Li Qiuping and the rest were once again shocked by the message that Huang Xiaolong revealed. From Huang Xiaolong's words, it indicated that both he and Zhao Chen battled before in the City of Myriad Gods!

They wondered what the outcome of that battle was!

Then, they remembered a rumor that had been going around in recent days, many people had been saying that some reckless Saint realm expert offended Zhao Chen in the City of Myriad Gods some days ago, then Zhao Chen and that Saint realm expert battled it out in the city and that person was defeated by Zhao Chen and fled in embarrassment.

Could it be...?!

It must be! The person who fought with Zhao Chen in the City of Myriad Gods must be this black-haired young man, not some reckless Saint realm expert, but a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order.

But then again, Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and Guo Dehui had no idea that at that time Huang Xiaolong was still a mid-Xiantian Tenth Order.

Zhao Chen detected the ridicule in Huang Xiaolong's words, a red flush crept up from his neck to his face. Zhao Chen hollered in anger, his silhouette flickered into a blur, punching out at Huang Xiaolong.

"Star Burst Fist!"

Blue flames burst like a burning meteor, exploding in front of Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong snickered as he watched this, his palms smoothly struck forward, sending circles of golden rings expanding out.

God Binding Palm!

Before the astounded gazes of Li Qiuping and the rest of the people around, the exploding blue flames' trajectory froze midair several zhang away from Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong seized the time gap, he leaped up and two majestic dragon roars rendered heaven and earth, as one black and one blue primordial divine dragons emerged, winding around Huang Xiaolong's body.

Chapter 322: Giant Ghost Feng Yang's Might

Huang Xiaolong bore the atmosphere of an ancient primordial divine dragon with dragon's might surging from his body, piercing the Nine Heavens.

Li Qiuping and the rest watched with jaws agape the scene before them, especially the dazzling black and blue dragons winding around Huang Xiaolong.

"Twin, twin dragons martial spirit?!"

"There is a something like a blue dragon martial spirit in this heaven and earth?!"

Everyone was stunned out of their spirit stones.

While everyone was still in shock, coruscating lights of black and blue flickered, Huang Xiaolong soul transformed in an instant with the twin dragons martial spirit. Gleaming black and blue dragon scales covered Huang Xiaolong's body, sharp nasty bone spikes lined the length of his arms.

Huang Xiaolong disappeared in a blur, both hands formed into fists, pummeling in Zhao Chen's direction. Intangible fist imprints filled the air, blocking the sky, mysterious and profound.

"Great Void Divine Fist!" Zhao Chen's face tightened, countering with his two fists in a frontal collision. When Zhao Chen's fists struck out, multiple large fist imprints of blue fire rotated forward at rapid speed, like a ball, piercing through space.

A few keen ears caught Zhao Chen's exclamation, Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and the others stared unblinkingly at Huang Xiaolong's attack.

Great Void Divine Fist?! The legendary Great Void Divine Fist?!

In that split second, Huang Xiaolong's Great Void Divine Fist and Zhao Chen's rotating blue flame fist slammed into each other in midair, causing a thunderous chain of explosions, raining fire sparks over the square.

A stalwart rebound force drove Zhao Chen to stagger back more than once. Huang Xiaolong sidestepped, reappearing with the Eminent Holiness Halberd in his hands. A single swing brought forth fierce twisters that expanded like waves, layers upon layers.

"Tossing Mountains, Flipping Seas!"

Zhao Chen was perturbed, striking out a Star Burst Fist, and at the same time, he utilized the Saint realm space to block the attack.

The earth quaked as if it was about to shift places with heaven.

Huang Xiaolong somersaulted in midair, the long halberd in his hands continued to spin akin to a dragon leaping out from the sea, thrusting straight at Zhao Chen.

The Eminent Holiness Halberd executed attack after attack at rapid speed, it was so fast that even Li Qiuping and the rest could barely follow his speed. Zhao Chen was constantly knocked down and pushed back in the battle.

Huang Xiaolong's attacks continued to rain down like a torrent, and Li Qiuping saw that Zhao Chen could only defend, barely having a chance to counterattack.

Zhao Chen too realized how awkward and disadvantaged he looked and an ugly expression hung on his face.

A Saint realm expert actually took a beating from a Xiantian without even having the power to resist in the slightest?! Moreover, if it wasn't for his Saint realm space's existence blocking Huang Xiaolong's attacks, he would have already been defeated.

Enduring more than a dozen rapid attacks from Huang Xiaolong, Zhao Chen was exasperated, being forced into a corner.

"Absolute Control!" Zhao Chen hollered as he was retreating, surging battle qi wrapped around his palms, aimed at Huang Xiaolong. Huang Xiaolong felt as if every trace of energy in the surroundings disappeared, as if everything was enveloped by a vacuum. The mountains around the perimeter emanated heavy pressure that locked him in the air, making him unable to move.

This was a Saint realm expert's absolute control over space!

Stepping into Saint realm territory meant having a certain understanding towards the law of space, allowing them to manipulate and control space within a limited area. The only downside was that it consumed a large amount of spiritual force and battle qi to perform, so unless it was absolutely necessary, most Saint realm experts would not use this method.

Zhao Chen looked fiercely grim seeing Huang Xiaolong shackled in the air. A long sword materialized in his grip. A long sword with the length of an average adult, its body was a crimson red, inscribed on its blade was the diagram of a fire dragon.

"Go die!" Zhao Chen roared with fury. The Fire Dragon Longsword cut through space straight at Huang Xiaolong. Just as the longsword's tip was about to pierce into Huang Xiaolong's heart, a glaring light burst out from Huang Xiaolong's body, accompanied by a terrifying energy. With a minuscule shake, the space law that shackled Huang Xiaolong in place loosened.

Huang Xiaolong disappeared from the spot, but Zhao Chen's Fire Dragon longsword managed to leave a line of red blood across his ribs.

Zhao Chen was dumbstruck, shocked to the core. Huang Xiaolong broke free from his space law Absolute Control manipulation?!

While he was still caught in shock, two sharp blade lights flew toward Zhao Chen and he dodged at the last moment in a panic. Zi! Sharp noises sounded as the blade lights grazed the edges of his robe, pain spread from Zhao Chen's waist to every part of his body.

Zhao Chen jumped back a great distance before standing still. His left hand touched the wound on his waist, fresh blood painted his palm red, two bone-deep cuts ran across his back. Feeling the extent of his injuries, Zhao Chen was startled, he even forgot the pain for a moment.

How many years has it been, he had forgotten what pain felt like.

In the distance, Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, Guo Dehui, and the crowd could hardly believe staring at the two gruesome, bone-deep slash wounds on Zhao Chen.

"Young Lord!" Steward Feng and the rest of the guards finally reacted, they all rushed to Zhao Chen's side at the fastest speed, rattled and ashen-faced.

After a small scene of chaos, Steward Feng and some of the guards took out several golden, thumb-sized pellets from their spatial rings, giving them to Zhao Chen to swallow, and from another jade bottle, Steward Feng poured out a crystalline emerald liquid, smearing it over Zhao Chen's wounds.

Zhao Chen waved his hand at them, stating: "I'm fine." The throbbing pain on his waist actually helped him become clear-headed.

Huang Xiaolong stood some paces away and did not attack when Zhao Chen's subordinates healed him. Yet his eyes were like glacial ice; Fine?Perhaps in Zhao Chen's eyes, these were nothing but flesh wounds, but very soon he would taste the enigmatic torturous pain of having the Asura qi corrode his flesh.

And indeed, as Huang Xiaolong thought, moments later Zhao Chen lost all the color from his face all of a sudden. Black fumes weaved around the wound on his waist, issuing hair-raising shrieks.

Steward Feng and others who noticed the abrupt change were alarmed.

"Young Lord, are you alright?!" Steward Feng approached, inquiring with a face full of 'concern.'

Zhao Chen raised his head, his vicious eyes glowering at Huang Xiaolong in the distance, killing intent surged in his eyes as he spat the words: "Kill them!"

Kill!

Steward Feng and the guards immediately called out their martial spirits and soul transformed, pouncing on Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang like hungry wolves.

On Zhao Chen's side, other than Steward Feng, there was one other Saint realm expert. These two Saint realm experts cooperated, targeting their attacks at Huang Xiaolong, whereas the five half-Saints focused on giant ghost Feng Yang.

In the eyes of Steward Feng and the guards, the biggest threat was Huang Xiaolong. As long they removed the variable Huang Xiaolong, everything would be within their control. As for the giant of man behind Huang Xiaolong, they were never concerned about him.

Zhao Chen watched gloomily as the five half-Saints sieged the giant man, ordering coldly: "Get it done quickly!"

"Yes, Young Lord!" The five half-Saints answered in unison and went all out, each one executing their most powerful attack on Feng Yang. In a split second, fists and palm imprints covered the area, and blinding lights lit up the space.

Facing attacks from five different directions, giant ghost Feng Yang threw his head back, issuing a strange ear-splitting roar at the sky. The people present were astounded to see the giant 'man' neither dodging nor avoiding, letting the five half-Saints' attack fall on his body.

Zheng! Bang! Blasts and explosions rang out one after another, yet Feng Yang remained standing on the same spot.

Everyone's eyes popped out in shock.

When the glaring lights dimmed, giant ghost Feng Yang raised his fist, sending a punch towards one of the opponents and that half-Saint lifted one hand, attempting to block giant ghost Feng Yang's fist, but ended up being thrown back, screaming. His body exploded into pieces in the air, turning into blood mist.

One punch shattered a half-Saint, a peak half-Saint at that.

Then, Feng Yang used both fists, landing punches on two half-Saints' torsos, the heavy force penetrated through their flesh, coming out from their backs.

The last two remaining half-Saint lost all color from their faces. Just when they turned around wanting to run, gigantic hands clutched at their heads from above, five fingers pierced holes into their skulls. The screams from the two half-Saints were abruptly cut short.

Giant ghost Feng Yang opened his mouth, swallowing the half-Saints' souls into his body.

Chapter 323: Entering the Ghost King's Cultivation Cave

Initially, Zhao Chen's focus was glued solely on Huang Xiaolong alone, but when he noticed his several half-Saint subordinates being easily killed in barely a breath's time, and sensing the unreserved ghost aura flowing from the giant's body, the expression on his face became tensed: "Ghost!"

Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and the others who heard Zhao Chen, inhaled sharply, staring fixedly at giant ghost Feng Yang.

Such a scary level of ghost aura, it was only possible for...?

Saint realm!

This 'man' in front of them was a Saint realm ghost cultivator! A Saint realm ghost!

Steward Feng and the other Saint realm expert were working hand in hand against Huang Xiaolong when they heard continuous screams, risking a glance over the other battle, both became ashen at the sight of the five half-Saints' appalling ending.

Feng Yang let out a satisfied burp after swallowing the last two half-Saints' souls, casually flinging the lifeless bodies to one side as the three-pronged blood spear appeared in his hand. He then lunged forward, brandishing his three-pronged blood spear at Zhao Chen, glowing an eerie blood-red.

Before the three-pronged blood spear arrived, the death aura and rotten stench it emitted had enveloped Zhao Chen. Taken by surprise, Zhao Chen waved his arms hastily, summoning his Saint realm space to counter the attack in front of him.

An explosion thundered in the square and Zhao Chen's body flew back, straining his waist injury, he had to grit his teeth to keep himself from grunting out. In that short exchange, the Asura Qi that was previously being contained by his Saint realm energy broke out, wreaking havoc internally. Suffering double injuries made Zhao Chen pale.

Giant ghost Feng Yang hollered at the sky, the three-pronged blood spear thrust out another attack.

"Young Lord!" Seeing Zhao Chen's dire situation, Steward Feng and the other Saint realm couldn't be bothered with Huang Xiaolong anymore, they changed their target to giant ghost Feng Yang. However, just as the two of them prepared to aid Zhao Chen, a shadow flickered and a cloudburst of thousands of millions of blade lights hindered their path. That shadow was none other than Huang Xiaolong.

"Tempest of Hell!"

"Tears of Asura!"

The Blades of Asura in Huang Xiaolong's hands served attack after attack, not giving Steward Feng and the Saint realm expert any breathing space, forcing them back, further away from Zhao Chen.

On the other hand, Zhao Chen fared no better, he was pushed into a corner by giant ghost's Feng Yang's three-pronged blood spear.

At the edge of the battle, Snow Dragon City's, Saber Imperial City's, and Green Ghost City's disciples were watching, exchanging expressions of muted shock amongst themselves, none of them ever imagined this result.

"Second Senior Brother, should we lend a hand or...?" Wang Lin regained a shred of reason, looked over at Li Qiuping and asked.

Regardless, Zhao Chen was Sin City Castellan's, Zhao Yi's son. Moreover, Zhao Chen was highly favored by Zhao Yi, if he ever came to know that while Zhao Chen was in trouble, their Snow Dragon City disciples and others stood by, spectating as Zhao Chen was killed on the side, Zhao Yi's wrath would burn over to Snow Dragon City, as well as the others.

"Lend him a hand." Li Qiuping decided, his voice somber.

Whether it was for the sake of Sin City's Castellan or the ally cooperation between Snow Dragon City and Sin City, he couldn't stand idle and watch Zhao Chen get killed.

Wang Lin nodded at his decision. With a low bark, a long whip appeared in her hand. It was hard to tell what materials were used to make this long whip, the thong sections were actually segmented, with a total of thirteen parts. With a flick, the long whip instantly bound giant ghost Feng Yang's body.

Seeing Snow Dragon City's disciples make their moves, disciples from Saber Imperial City and Green Ghost City had no choice but join in as well.

In a moment of confusion, giant ghost Feng Yang suffered a palm on his chest from Green Ghost City's Guo Dehui and was knocked back. Thick green smoke rose into the air.

"Go!" Watching the sudden change, Huang Xiaolong shouted towards Feng Yang, launching a State of Abundant Lighting attack with the blades in his hands. A sky of rumbling lightning streaks drew a line between the attackers while Huang Xiaolong used Space Concealment to appear beside giant ghost Feng Yang. Huang Xiaolong placed his hand on his shoulder and both of them vanished from sight in the next instant.

Zhao Chen was laboriously suppressing the Asura Qi in his body when he saw Huang Xiaolong and the giant 'man' vanish right in front of his eyes. Roaring in anger, he hollered: "Search! Absolutely dig that little ghost out for me!"

But when he saw Li Qiuping and the others' inaction, his anger spread to them: "What are you all still standing here for, go fㅡking search!!"

Li Qiuping's brows furrowed with discontent with Zhao Chen's attitude, shouting at them as if they were his subordinates. He sneered in retort. "Zhao Chen, we're not your slaves."

Zhao Chen was indignant.

"Come on, come on, all of us here are brothers, don't fight because of a small Xiantian. He can run away from the monk, but can't flee the temple. He definitely won't be able to run out of the Bedlam Lands, when we manage to corner him later, Brother Zhao Chen can deal with him however you like." Guo Dehui played the mediator, smiling amiably.

Only then did Zhao Chen's face looked slightly better.

"That kid probably ran into the Ghost King's cultivation cave." A disciple from Saber Imperial City spoke, "Let us hurry in too, in case that kid gets the first dip, looting the Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan."

"Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan?" Zhao Chen snickered with contempt, "Are these treasure items things that he could lay his hands in just because he wants to?" Not saying more, Zhao Chen took out a talisman and initiated the array formation inscribed within, summoning Sin City's experts.

After advancing into the Saint realm, one would posses the ability to manipulate space. Certain array formations or talisman, such as these, could be used to summon comrades and relay messages.

Moments later, Zhao Chen and the rest too made their move into the Ghost King's cultivation cave.

Huang Xiaolong, on the other hand, quickly passed through the first floor of the Ghost King's cultivation cave to the second floor with giant ghost Feng Yang guiding the way. The first floor was a vast field of snow, whereas the second floor was an endless range of mountains.

A bright sun that never seemed to set hung high up above the mountain peaks, a picture of calm and peace. But giant ghost Feng Yang faced Huang Xiaolong with a dignified expression: "Owner, the mountains on this second floor are rigged with powerful array formations, to the extent that bumping carelessly into a single leaf or a branch could trigger their activation. We must fly across this long mountain range in one go, cautiously."

Fly over this mountain range without stopping at all? Huang Xiaolong was stunned. Then he breathed out in relief, this matter may be difficult to others, but not to him.

Because he had the Godly Mt. Xumi. Borrowing the power of the Ten Buddha Formation, he could fly using the Godly Mt. Xumi all the way until they reached the third floor entrance.

"Other than this, what else do I need to pay attention to?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

Seeing that Huang Xiaolong didn't seem to place importance on his previous reminder, he couldn't resist emphasizing the matter once more: "Owner, the arrays around this mountains are very strong, accidentally triggering any of them, even a Saint realm expert could fall on the spot."

Huang Xiaolong waved his hand, "You don't need to worry about this."

Feng Yang could only stop and change the topic from Huang Xiaolong's demeanor, "Other than that, on this second floor space lives a kind of ghost creature, called Blood Dagger Ghost. Although these Blood Dagger Ghosts are not strong, half-Saint strength or at most the peak of half-Saint strength, the problem lies in their numbers. They are extremely tenacious and extremely difficult to kill."

"Blood Dagger Ghost?" Huang Xiaolong was baffled, "Didn't you say there are array formations everywhere? How come these Blood Dagger Ghosts aren't afraid of them?"

Giant ghost Feng Yang shook his head helplessly, "About this, this slave doesn't know the exact reason behind it, if this slave dared to make an assumption, then the reason why these Blood Dagger Ghosts aren't afraid or obstructed by the arrays on this floor would probably be because Lord Ghost King made some markings on the formation eye when he laid the arrays."

Huang Xiaolong nodded in agreement.

He didn't care much for these Blood Dagger Ghosts, those who needed to fly across this mountain range need to watch out for the attacks coming from them, but Huang Xiaolong was free from this worry since he was using the Godly Mt. Xumi.

Not wasting more time, Huang Xiaolong brought up the Godly Mt. Xumi. The moment the golden mountain appeared, Buddha luminescence and energy brightened up the space around them.

"Let's go." Before the rounded shocked eyes of giant ghost Feng Yang, the scene changed as he was brought into the Xumi Temple. Huang Xiaolong then initiated the Ten Buddha Formation and the Godly Mt. Xumi shot forward in a golden streak, disappearing from view.

Chapter 324: The Third Floor

Inside the Xumi Temple, giant ghost Feng Yang stared dumbly at the Ten Buddha Formation at the center, bubbling with vigorous Buddhism energy, unable to come out from his bewilderment for a long time.

"Owner, this... this is?" He stammered.

Huang Xiaolong glanced at giant ghost Feng Yang: "This is the Godly Mt. Xumi."

"What?!! This, the Godly Mt. Xumi!" Giant ghost Feng Yang exclaimed in a loud voice.

Huang Xiaolong nodded in affirmation. It was neither strange nor surprising for giant ghost Feng Yang, as a Saint realm ghost cultivator, to know about Godly Mt. Xumi. Moreover, Godly Mt. Xumi was a treasure from the Buddha World, an anathema for Yin creatures such as ghosts. If it weren't for Huang Xiaolong diverting the Buddhism energy away from Feng Yang, he would have been purified into nothingness the moment he appeared in the Xumi Temple.

Ignoring the dumbfounded look on giant ghost Feng Yang's face, Huang Xiaolong concentrated on driving the Godly Mt. Xumi, speeding forward past the mountains below.

Through Godly Mt. Xumi, Huang Xiaolong was able to view the outside mountains, there were indeed many creatures that were entirely blood-red moving around, physically similar to apes. These ghost creatures had a mouthful of sharp teeth, long arms with black strands of energy coming out from their eyes. On the top of their heads was a dagger-like spike, glinting with a sharp light.

"This is the Blood Dagger Ghost?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

Giant ghost Feng Yang was pulled out of his dazed, answering, "Yes, Owner, these are Blood Dagger Ghosts!"

Because Huang Xiaolong had the Godly Mt. Xumi shrunk to the size of a dust particle, the Blood Dagger Ghosts loitering below did not sense its presence. Huang Xiaolong punched out a Great Void Divine Fist in the Xumi Temple, the attack transferred out from Godly Mt. Xumi's space to the outside world, striking a Blood Dagger Ghost that strayed somewhat far away down below.

A loud boom resounded, and before that Blood Dagger Ghost could issue a scream, it exploded into a cloud of blood mist. Huang Xiaolong opened his mouth and sucked in its ghost soul, running the Blood Pact Mandate to refine the ghost soul.

After slightly more an hour, Huang Xiaolong successfully refined the Blood Dagger Ghost's soul.

He subsequently reaped more Blood Dagger Ghosts using the same method. Since he was cautious enough to select those Blood Dagger Ghosts that strayed off from the group, the matter did not alert the Blood Dagger Ghosts into frenzy madness.

Huang Xiaolong pushed the Godly Mt. Xumi to fly forward. In the past, many strong experts too passed the first and second floors, most of the treasures on the first and second floors had been plundered clean a long time ago, so Huang Xiaolong did not stop at all.

Still, the second floor of the Ghost King's cultivation cave consisted of a large area, Huang Xiaolong was able to refine more than a dozen Blood Dagger Ghosts. They took a whole day of flying before they arrived at the entrance to the third floor.

There were some obvious differences between the entrance to the second floor and the entrance to the third floor; the entrance to the second floor was as high as an adult, two meters in width, and had a glow that rippled like waves with strong resistance against foreign objects. The entrance to the third floor was much more spacious, several zhang tall, and the width of several li, overgrown with black vines.

These black vines wound around the entrance layers over layers, sliding over each other, issuing shrill wails. In all, they looked like oversized crawling black maggots, with hair-raising level of disgustingness.

"What is this?" Huang Xiaolong frowned looking at the black vines.

"Owner, this is something from Ghost World called Ghost Maggot." Giant Ghost Feng Yang explained, a strong fear reflected in his eyes, "Not only do these maggots suck human blood, they could even suck a person's battle qi, including Third Order Saint realm experts'. If one got entangled by Ghost Maggots, in less than a dozen breaths' time, they would be turned into a dry corpse!"

Huang Xiaolong drew in a mouthful of cold breath. A Third Order Saint Realm expert turned into a dry corpse in less than a dozen breath's time. These Ghost Maggots were a little too terrifying!

On the other hand, if these Ghost Maggots were something from the Ghost World, how did the Ghost King manage to culture them in his backyard garden?

"Furthermore, these Ghost Maggots are very resilient. A new vine could grow within seconds after being chopped off, it is almost impossible to kill, regardless if a high-level Saint realm expert was here, they won't die unless their main root is destroyed." Giant ghost Feng Yang added.

Huang Xiaolong nodded. Still, there were probably millions of these vines, to search and destroy the main root among this mass was... difficult. It seems like the reason giant ghost Feng Yang failed to proceed to the third floor was mainly due to these Ghost Maggots guarding the entrance.

Huang Xiaolong carefully guided the Godly Mt. Xumi to fly toward the entrance, approaching with care. In general, being inside the Godly Mt. Xumi, Second and Third Order Saint realm experts would not be able to detect Huang Xiaolong's presence, but still, it didn't guarantee that it would show the same result on the Ghost Maggots.

After all, they originated from the Ghost World.

And voila! Just as the Godly Mt. Xumi got close to the entrance, the crawling vines suddenly issued an ear-splitting shriek, vines shot out to wrap around the Godly Mt. Xumi. More and more vines circled tightly around the Godly Mt. Xumi, there were no gaps for air to pass through, it was like a ball of vines, wholly swallowing the Godly Mt. Xumi.

Huang Xiaolong was startled by the speed of things, he hastily pushed the Ten Buddha Formation and Buddhism energy gushed down from the void, sacred aureate rays pierced through the vines. Since Godly Mt. Xumi was a treasure from the Buddha World and the Ghost Maggot was a living organism from the Ghost World, the Godly Mt. Xumi should be able to restrain it.

Like Huang Xiaolong envisioned, the tight black vine ball was akin to darkness meeting light, disintegrating in an instant after coming in contact with the Buddha luminescence.

Feng Yang watched the black vines that were illuminated by the golden light slowly wither and fall. But in the next moment, the fallen vines were once again replaced by lively new ones.

Watching the result, Huang Xiaolong was delighted, he did not expect the Buddhism energy to have such a large damaging effect, although the withered and fallen vines were quickly replaced by new ones, this result was more enough for Huang Xiaolong. He made a full effort to push the Ten Buddha Formation inside the Xumi Temple, Buddhism energy gushed out, bursting out from the Godly Mt. Xumi in all four directions and it managed to speed away quickly through the third floor's entrance.

All the Ghost Maggot vines dried up and withered after being illuminated by the Buddhism energy. Seizing this small window of time, the Godly Mt. Xumi entered the third floor with Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang inside.

Entering the third floor, angry shrieks rang out behind them. Huang Xiaolong breathed out in relief as he scanned the third floor's environment.

The third floor's space was another endless stretch of snowy land. Low bushes of white-colored grass and plants, snowflakes falling from the high above. Other than snow, there were only the snow-covered bushes and nothing else.

Huang Xiaolong looked inquiringly at Feng Yang.

Giant ghost Feng Yang said, "Owner, this slave has never been this third floor before this, therefore I am not very clear. However, this slave remembered a Ghost Domain senior mentioned that the third floor was ten times more dangerous than the second floor. Beware of snow. "

"Beware of snow?" Huang Xiaolong observed the area carefully and noticed that the falling snow on this third floor was different from normal snow.

The snow here seemed more translucent, white, and lighter. Despite that, other than these three points, Huang Xiaolong did not find other clues.

A short while later, Huang Xiaolong continued to fly forward using the Godly Mt. Xumi, entering the snow territory. The falling snow stuck on the surface of Godly Mt. Xumi, accumulating more and more. Gradually, a chilling air penetrated into the Xumi Temple from the surface. A shiver ran down Huang Xiaolong's spine, feeling as if the blood running in his body was frozen solid.

Chapter 325: The Fourth Floor

Inside the Xumi Temple, Huang Xiaolong was dumbstruck.

This falling snow was so tyrannical! Even more so, it was a hundred times worse compared to the extreme cold wind at the bottom of the Broken Tiger Rift.

Huang Xiaolong felt his blood slowing down, and giant ghost Feng Yang's situation even was more drastic—a thin layer of ice formed over him, wrapping the giant ghost inside, the protective fog of ghost aura shrouding him turned bleak.

Huang Xiaolong swiftly infused more energy into the Ten Buddha Formation, Buddha luminescence poured out, filling every corner. The nameless fire tree too was puffing billows of fiery ember glow, melting away the coldness spreading in the spacious temple hall.

The frigid coldness might have dissipated, but Huang Xiaolong noticed that the layer of ice clothing over the Godly Mt. Xumi's surface remained, not only did it not melt, it actually increased in thickness as time passed.

As snow continued to accumulate over the Godly Mt. Xumi's surface, it became heavier and heavier, decreasing in flying height, scaring Huang Xiaolong enough to go all out in pushing the Ten Buddha Formation. Only then did he managed to stop the Godly Mt. Xumi from its gradually descent. However, as more snow accumulated, even when using all his effort to push the Xumi Temple formation, he merely slowed the rate and speed of the descent. This greatly troubled Huang Xiaolong.

If the Godly Mt. Xumi was so heavy that it landed below, unable to fly, with the snow and ice encroaching every inch of Godly Mt. Xumi and chaining it to the ground, at that time Huang Xiaolong would really be trapped in this snow land.

Gritting his teeth, Huang Xiaolong made the Godly Mt. Xumi turn back, all the way back until the edge of the third floor entrance, leaving the area of falling snow. Finally, the Godly Mt. Xumi stopped falling in altitude.

Still, it did not console Huang Xiaolong in the least, his robe dampened by cold sweat.

Close call! If they didn't turn back when they did, they absolutely would have fallen to the ground and be buried by the falling snow.

As a treasure from the Buddha World, the Godly Mt. Xumi was formidable against unworldly dark creatures, but helpless against the snow on the third floor. It was fortunate enough there was the nameless fire tree in the Xumi Temple, otherwise, he would have turned into an icicle early on.

Out of the falling snow area, Huang Xiaolong exited the Xumi Temple. Observing the layer of snow covering the Godly Mt. Xumi's surface, he frowned grimly; this snow, most likely even a Third Order Saint realm expert's flame could not melt it.

Pondering the matter, the true essence in Huang Xiaolong's dantian churned and the true essence fire danced cheerfully on his palms. If his true essence fire also couldn't melt this snow, he could only give up and leave this Ghost King's cultivation cave.

Under Huang Xiaolong's nervous gaze, he moved his palm closer to the snow covering the Godly Mt. Xumi, and to his delight, the snow slowly melted, turning into drops of ice blue water.

This strange snow actually melted under his true essence fire!

Great! This meant that he could pass through the third floor! On this third floor, other than the scary strange snow, there was probably no other danger.

A short while later, the snow-covered Godly Mt. Xumi was freed and Huang Xiaolong collected all the drops of blue water into a jade bottle. The strange snow came from this ice blue water, so it was obviously no ordinary water. It might come in handy in the future.

Thus, delaying no further, Huang Xiaolong formed a barrier of true essence fire on the Godly Mt. Xumi's surface, then initiating the Ten Buddha Formation, the Godly Mt. Xumi once again flew forward at breakneck speed, entering the third floor space.

Snow continued to fall flake by flake.

But this time, when they fell on the Godly Mt. Xumi's surface, almost instantly they were melted by the true essence fire. Although it still slowed its speed, it didn't hinder the flight progress.

They flew past the white snow land without stopping.

Perhaps there were many of treasures on the third floor, but in Huang Xiaolong's opinion, the Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan superseded everything he could find here, therefore he had to reach the fifth floor at the fastest speed.

While Huang Xiaolong was rushing toward the fourth floor entrance, Zhao Chen, Li Qiuping, Wang Lin, and the others arrived at the entrance leading to the third floor. Although they had the numbers on their side, they faced more ordeals than Huang Xiaolong to reach this far.

Zhao Chen's group battled the Ghost Maggots' horrifying black vines over six hours before they seized the chance, sprinting past the entrance and arriving on the third floor, but even so, a number of disciples from Sin City, Snow Dragon City, Saber Imperial City, and Green Ghost City were turned into fertilizer for the Ghost Maggots.

Everyone's appearance was lamentable after reaching the third floor.

"These Ghost Maggots are really scary!" Li Qiuping exclaimed in apprehension as he looked back, shrieks echoing in his ears. The rest with him looked pale, assenting in silence. If it weren't due to their early preparation, chances were that everyone here would have died there at the third floor entrance.

"That little pup Huang Xiaolong, where has he ran to!" Zhao Chen barked moodily.

"The way I see it, he probably died under the vines of that Ghost Maggot." Standing behind Zhao Chen, Steward Feng spoke.

"Regardless whether that Huang Xiaolong is killed by the Ghost Maggot or not, we must rush to the fifth floor as soon as possible." Wang Lin added, "There are only ten more days before the Ghost City disappears."

Everyone had a solemn expression on their faces being reminded of this fact.

They had to leave before the Ghost City was closed, failing to leave meant they would be trapped inside until the Ghost City's next reappearance.

And the next time would be one thousand years later.

"Fine. Now, everyone swallow a Fire Spirit Bead to resist that soul snow, so we can quickly ascend to the fourth floor." Guo Dehui took out a reddish bead as he said that, swallowing it down. Instantly, a clear blue flame shrouded his body.

Zhao Chen and the rest followed his actions, swallowed the same Fire Spirit Bead and stepped onto the snowy ground. With the help of the Fire Spirit Bead, Zhao Chen's group sped through the vast snow land, narrowing the distance between them and Huang Xiaolong at amazing speed.

Whereas Huang Xiaolong carefully observed the surroundings on the lookout for any sudden circumstances while control the Godly Mt. Xumi, flying towards the fourth floor's entrance. Nothing jumped out and it was peaceful the entire way. One day later, Huang Xiaolong safely arrived at the entrance leading to the fourth floor. What surprised him was the fact that there was nothing at the fourth floor's entrance.

Huang Xiaolong spread out his spiritual sense, even opening the Eye of Hell to scan the entrance's surroundings, but he detected nothing.

Ten minutes later, Huang Xiaolong was still in a state of disbelief, even as he was passing through the entrance smoothly, until he reached the fourth floor.

A moment later, Huang Xiaolong converged his thoughts, surveying the environment on the fourth floor. The scene in front of him reflected prism color fog everywhere, this fog glittered gorgeously, emitting a psychedelic light, floating with the occasional breeze, but other than that, Huang Xiaolong saw nothing of significance.

However, giant ghost Feng Yang blurted in astonishment when he saw the prism colored fog: "Seven Color Ghostfog!"

"Seven Color Ghostfog?" Huang Xiaolong repeated in bafflement.

"Owner, this Seven Color Ghostfog is the nastiest type of ghost fog one can find in Ghost Domain. It is extremely toxic, a small breath and not even a high-level Saint realm expert could escape from its death clutch, dying from rotting flesh. Similar ghost type creatures like us are no exception." Giant ghost Feng Yang explained.

Huang Xiaolong was truly shocked, it never crossed his mind that this colorful fog would be so poisonous that a high-level Saint realm could die after inhaling tiny wisps.

But Huang Xiaolong calmed down very quickly, deadly as this multicolored fog was, it probably could not enter Godly Mt. Xumi's space. Despite his confidence, Huang Xiaolong took out two Jasper Lotus elixirs from the Asura Ring, giving one to Feng Yang. They each swallowed one Jasper Lotus.

This Jasper Lotus was one of the many elixirs he found at the bottom of the Broken Tiger Rift in the Eminent Holiness' secret space. It was able to solve hundreds of the world's toxic poisons.

After both had swallowed the Jasper Lotus elixir, Huang Xiaolong once again guided the Godly Mt. Xumi into the sea of colorful Ghostfog with caution.

Chapter 326: Ghost King Dan and Ghost King Sutra

But, Huang Xiaolong's extra precaution was proved to be superfluous. Travelling in the sea of ghostfog, nary a wisp managed to seep inside the Godly Mt. Xumi. Half an hour later, Huang Xiaolong breathed out in relief.

Inside the ghostfog, Huang Xiaolong's sharp eyesight could only determine the situation in an area less than a hundred zhang, stretching the distance slightly up to a thousand zhang with the Eye of Hell.

The Godly Mt. Xumi flew across the ghostfog without any surprises other than the occasional strange cries from unknown sources far away, raising goosebumps down the neck.

Huang Xiaolong was surprised that something actually lived within the Seven Color Ghostfog. He asked giant ghost Feng Yang about it, but the giant ghost shook his head, ignorant of what it could be.

Though they continued to hear strange cries throughout the flight, they did not meet with any attack. The entire crossing was calm and peaceful, in half a day's time, Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang reached the doorway to the fifth floor.

Like the entrance of the fourth floor, there was nothing guarding the entrance towards the fifth floor, thus Huang Xiaolong passed through the entrance without any surprises onto the fifth floor.

On the fifth floor, the magnificent splendor of a palace came into sight, towering above a mountain peak.

A massive palace on a towering mountain.

A contradiction to the darkness Huang Xiaolong had seen on the way here, the fifth floor was like a celestial wonderland. On the mountain peak, the refreshing scent of elixirs wafted out, from ganoderma, herb elixirs, and spiritual trees shrouded in mesmerizing halos.

Huang Xiaolong even suspected he arrived at the wrong place for a second. Staring at the grandiose palace, Huang Xiaolong reined in the excitement bubbling in his heart, together with giant ghost Feng Yang, both of them exited the Godly Mt. Xumi, flying straight for the palace.

Soon, Huang Xiaolong stood on the same peak as the palace, powerful spiritual energy surged from the surrounding elixirs and ganoderma, enveloping Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang as if they dove into an ocean of spiritual energy.

Feeling this, Huang Xiaolong was overjoyed. These elixirs on this peak were no worse compared to the ones he found at the bottom of Broken Tiger Rift, some of these elixirs were even more precious and rare.

"Golden Sky Infant Fruit!"

"Jade Gold Pearl Flower!"

"Nine Nodes Grass!"

Not missing a beat, with a gentle wave of both hands, all the nearby elixirs flew towards Huang Xiaolong and into the Asura Ring. In less than the time it took to sip tea, all elixirs on the entire mountain peak were cleaned out by him. Not even the corner of a root was left behind for Zhao Chen's group.

After collecting the precious elixirs, Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang stood in front of the palace gates. The gates were ten zhang tall, five zhang wide, and were opened.

The surroundings were quiet.

Huang Xiaolong spread out his spiritual sense and opened the Eye of Hell at the same time. Confirming that the gates were not rigged or placed with any curse, a moment later he stepped in together with giant ghost Feng Yang.

One step into the palace grounds, both Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang felt a whelming pressure enveloped them. Before this momentum, Feng Yang's knees went soft, falling into a kneeling position.

Huang Xiaolong too nearly fell to his knees, but the twin primordial divine dragons flew out from his body. An ancient dragon atmosphere, seemingly in slumber, awakened, surging out from Huang Xiaolong's body, indirectly helping him withstand the pressure.

Even so, Huang Xiaolong felt the oppressive pressure linger. Looking around, Huang Xiaolong saw a stalwart statue not too far up front. From its appearance, Huang Xiaolong couldn't tell what material the statue was made from, but it was extremely life-like. The statue was of a robust middle-aged man with a short beard, thick brows, and a generous-sized mouth. Knots of unknown origin, resembling tiny black pythons, flowed from the man's head like hair and the man's feet were standing atop two dragon heads.

Two devil dragons with scarlet red eyes!

The horrifying oppressive atmosphere he felt earlier came from this statue.

A statue actually exuded this much oppression!

"Lord, Lord Ghost King!" Hearing Feng Yang's shaky voice, he turned over to look, noticing the fear, worship, excitement, and trepidation in his eyes as he looked fixedly at the statue.

Ghost King! This extremely life-like statue really was a statue of the Ghost King!

Huang Xiaolong drew a deep breath looking at the Ghost King's statue, the shock in his heart undisguisable. Although he could hardly imagine the era when Ghost King's prestige soared heaven high, deterring many other experts and ruling billions of powerful ghost and devils, Huang Xiaolong felt the Ghost King's majestic might exuding from the statue.

Even the devil dragons were mounts under his feet!

It was some time later that Huang Xiaolong managed to suppress the sudden reverence, turning to check out the large hall. There were four main stone pillars in the hall, the top side of these pillars was decorated with carvings depicting evil spirits, while at the center of the ceiling was a pool of holy spirit clouds.

The aura of a devil mixed with holy spirit filled the large hall, half darkness and evil, half light and holiness, it gave off a weird feeling. There was nothing else in the large hall but the four stone pillars.

Huang Xiaolong looked carefully several times, finding nothing, he frowned. It was a single floor hall, no second, third, or fourth floor nor did it have an inner or outer hall. Just one open large hall.

Then, where could the legendary Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan be? All of a sudden, Huang Xiaolong's eyes looked over to the Ghost King statue, falling on the ring on the Ghost King's finger.

Spatial ring!

This spatial ring blended well with the statue, if it weren't for Huang Xiaolong observing the statue in detail he wouldn't have found any difference.

Huang Xiaolong's heart throbbed wildly. It seems like the Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan were most likely in that spatial ring.

Huang Xiaolong lifted his hand and a strong suction force pulled the spatial ring off the Ghost King's hand, falling into his palm. The Ghost King's spatial ring was very different from the Asura Ring, purple in color and almost translucent, with two devil dragons carved on its the body, closely resembling the two devil dragons under the Ghost King's feet.

They were baring their fangs and claws, looking intimidating!

Running his battle qi, Huang Xiaolong tried to open the Ghost King's spatial ring, but just as he was about to infuse the spatial ring with battle qi, a monstrous swarm of evil spirits broke out from within, howling and wailing, an intense ghost aura engulfed Huang Xiaolong. Alarmed, Huang Xiaolong quickly released the Buddhism energy inside his body, gradually suppressing the mad group of evil spirits.

There was such an unnerving ban on the Ghost King's ring!

Huang Xiaolong once again looked at the Ghost King's spatial ring in his hand. Recalling the monstrosity coming at him just seconds ago, the lingering fear in Huang Xiaolong's heart had yet to subside. Luckily, he reacted in a timely manner, and most of all, he was lucky to have been imparted with Buddhism energy. Otherwise, he wouldn't be standing there safely now.

Still, this level of curse on the Ghost King's spatial ring was not something he could break at this moment.

'Looks like, I need to figure out a way, but first, I have to leave this place.' Huang Xiaolong thought to himself, putting away the Ghost King Ring into the Asura Ring.

Then, Huang Xiaolong circled the hall to confirm that he did not miss any treasures lying around before leaving the hall with giant ghost Feng Yang.

Once they were out of the hall, Huang Xiaolong returned using the same route.

At this time, there were merely six to seven days left before the Ghost City disappeared, therefore he had to hurry back to the first floor, exit the Ghost King Palace and leave the Ghost City.

When he reached the fifth floor's entrance, Huang Xiaolong once again brought out the Godly Mt. Xumi, bringing giant ghost Feng Yang with him, both entering the Xumi Temple. Passing through the doorway, Godly Mt. Xumi disappeared into the ghostfog.

Being familiar with the route, Huang Xiaolong took only two days to exit the Ghost King's cultivation cave and continued onward to the Ghost City's main gates without stopping.

Since the Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan were already in his hands, he had no interest in exploring other areas of the city.

Before long, Huang Xiaolong passed through the Ghost City gates, leaving the city behind.

Chapter 327: Return to Duanren Empire

Huang Xiaolong felt a sense of relief when he exited the Ghost City. His current strength was sufficient to deal with Zhao Chen, but it was still quite troublesome if they ran into each other for now.

Especially if Zhao Chen's group realized that the Ghost King Sutra and Ghost King Dan fell into someone else's hands and Huang Xiaolong seemingly walked out safely from the Ghost King's cultivation cave, they would be able to connect two and two together.

If the news ever leaked out, he would be targeted throughout the Bedlam Lands.

Strength! Huang Xiaolong urgently needed to increase his strength!

Regardless if he could go against an early Saint realm expert such as Zhao Chen at his current peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order strength. Even against some mid-First Order Saint realm, it was far from sufficient. He would be powerless to do anything if he came across a Second Order Saint realm.

The same thought once again emerged in Huang Xiaolong's heartーbreak through to the Saint realm, as soon as possible!

Not to mention that there was only slightly more than a year's time left until Deities Templars' disciple selection. He had to break through to Saint realm before that, every ounce of strength was crucial, increasing his chances of rescuing Li Lu.

Huang Xiaolong checked the directions and then sped away southward with giant ghost Feng Yang, all the way without stopping. Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang flew for three hours, landing in a quiet, secluded valley.

Leaving giant ghost Feng Yang as a lookout on the outside, Huang Xiaolong entered the valley, brought out the Godly Mt. Xumi and entered the Xumi Temple. Even though he knew that refining the Ghost King's Ring would be hard at this current strength, Huang Xiaolong was determined to give it another try.

He was not someone who was willing to give up that easily.

As long as he could refine the ring and obtain the Ghost King Dan within, he had a high chance of breaking through to Saint realm in the next few months. Breaking through to Saint realm could not be achieved by merely swallowing some ten or hundred thousand year elixirs, otherwise, why would there be so many half-Saints stuck at that stage for a hundred years or so, unable to pierce through that slim barrier.

And divine grade spirit pellets, such as the Ghost King Dan, were highly beneficial in aiding the process of stepping into the Saint realm.

It was said the Ghost King spent many years and effort to refine the Ghost King Dan using more than a hundred precious elixirs, all for the sake of breaking into the God Realm.

Taking out the Ghost King Ring, Huang Xiaolong observed for a moment the ring floating in front of him, glimmering in a soft purple glow. He sat down cross-legged in the center of the Ten Buddha Formation, fully releasing the Buddhism energy from his body, only then did he cautiously ran his battle qi, infusing it into the ring in an attempt to refine it.

Just like the first time, the moment Huang Xiaolong's battle qi came in contact with the ring, the howling cries of evil spirits rang out and a monstrous ghost aura enveloped Huang Xiaolong. This time, it was even more powerful than before.

The intense ghost aura clashed against the Buddhism energy within the temple, raising an endless volley of explosions echoing throughout the Xumi Temple. A short while later, the monstrous ghost aura was suppressed by the Buddhism energy within the Ten Buddha Formation.

Nevertheless, Huang Xiaolong's back dampened with cold sweat at the sight. Fortunately, he prepared in advance or the result would have been devastating, especially because the second retaliation was more powerful than the first!

Huang Xiaolong's brows furrowed deeply; must he really give up here?!

Moments later, Huang Xiaolong directed the true essence fire from his dantian, forming a protective barrier over his body. At the same time, he initiated the Ten Buddha Formation, combining the Buddhism energy from the array formation with his own, creating a vigor barrier out of Buddhism energy before infusing his battle qi into the Ghost King Ring again.

The same thing happened, just like the previous two times. When Huang Xiaolong sent his battle qi into the ring, the ban inside was triggered, a soaring ghost aura rushed out from the ring, colliding with the Buddhism energy a second time.

In the spacious hall, a scrimmage between the rumbling ghost aura and the sacred Buddha luminescence took place. It took some time before the Buddhism energy managed to suppress the ghost aura, taking a longer time than the first time.

The process repeated again and again until Huang Xiaolong's fifth attempt to refine the Ghost King Ring, the ghost aura inside suddenly rushed out like an endless raging tsunami, shattering the vigor barrier erected from the Ten Buddha Formation, shooting straight towards Huang Xiaolong.

When it rammed into the true essence fire shield burning around Huang Xiaolong, it reacted like water overboiling, black fumes of smoke filled the temple hall.

Lasting until the end, the true essence fire barely succeeded in burning away all the ghost aura that aimed at him, but Huang Xiaolong's face paled considerably. Although his true essence fire burned away all the ghost aura, he was overdrawing the true essence in his dantian at the same time.

Focusing his thoughts, Huang Xiaolong executed his third martial spirit ability, Instant Recovery. Mottled blue lights spread up beginning from his feet, returning the ruddiness to his face, but it took several hours for the true essence in his dantian to recover.

Having recovered from his true essence exhaustion, Huang Xiaolong breathed out turbid qi from his mouth. He stared at the Ghost King Ring before him and sighed helplessly. It seems that relying on his current level of strength, it was simply insufficient to refine the Ghost King Ring, even considering the help of an early Saint realm giant ghost Feng Yang's assistance, the task had a very low chance of success.

A light flickered as thoughts ran through his mind swiftly. 'Then, the only option was to make a trip back to Duanren Empire. Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu were both high-level Saint realm, with their help, the possibility of refining the Ghost King Ring was much higher,' Huang Xiaolong contemplated.

Once Huang Xiaolong made his decision, he exited the Xumi Temple and called giant ghost Feng Yang over. Both of them left the valley, speeding at breakneck speed towards the Duanren Empire.

As for Black Demon City, Huang Xiaolong wouldn't be returning for the time being. The most crucial matter now was to refine the Ghost King Ring so that he could refine the Ghost King Dan and break through to Saint realm.

Speeding up all the way, Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang were out of the Ghost Domain territory in three days' time. They came across many other ghost creatures, but all were killed by Huang Xiaolong and Feng Yang, their ghost souls were refined by Huang Xiaolong using the Blood Pact Mandate. Hence, by the time Huang Xiaolong left the Ghost Domain, his strength further enhanced significantly, approaching half-Saint.

Ten days later, Huang Xiaolong and Feng Yang reached Duanren Empire's border. Seeing that the sky was already dark, he decided to rest for the night in the small town up ahead before traveling again.

'Not far from here is the Luo Tong Kingdom.' The thought crossed Huang Xiaolong's mind when he arrived at this small town called Thousand Spring, close to Duanren Empire's territory.

'Luo Tong Kingdom! I wonder how Lu Kai is doing now. It has been five years, that guy should have probably advanced to Houtian Eighth Order...'

A smile appeared on Huang Xiaolong's face at the thought of Lu Kai, that little guy most likely ascended the throne by now! He couldn't resist chuckling imagining Lu Kai's expression as he sat on the royal throne of the Luo Tong Kingdom.

The Luo Tong Kingdom held many of Huang Xiaolong's memories of this life.

Although the Huang Clan Manor no longer existed, in Huang Xiaolong's heart, the Luo Tong Kingdom had always been his starting place, a hometown so to speak. The best memories of his childhood were spent there.

...

At this time, deep inside the Luo Tong Kingdom Palace, in an underground dungeon, sounds of whip cracking against the flesh resounded.

"Hehe, Lu Kai, I didn't expect you to be so stubborn judging from your tender appearance." A cold sinister voice spoke.

"Ptui! There will be a day when I chop you old dog into pieces and feed you to the pigs!" An angry roar echoed in through the dungeon, and this was none other than Lu Kai's voice.

Inside the dungeon, Lu Kai's appearance was disheveled, his white robe stained with blood, both his arms and legs were chained to a thick iron column.

Standing in front of Lu Kai was an old man in a gray robe.

Chapter 328: Back in Luo Tong Kingdom

The gray robed old man looked appreciatively at the blood-caked wounds on Lu Kai's body, a smile crept up his face, blossoming into laughter, yet it looked twisted: "Punk, you've got a mouth on you, want to chop me into pieces and feed me to the pigs? Relying on your current circumstances?" The old man's voice was full of mocking ridicule.

Lu Kai's eyes were filled with red veins as he glowered ferociously at the other side, his tone spine-chilling cold, "Old dog He Hui, you'd be wise and kill me now!"

The gray-robed old man, He Hui, snickered, very satisfied with himself, "Don't worry, we'll be displaying you tomorrow in the square outside the palace doors, and publicly behead you! This will be your final night alive, take the time to appreciate the night sky." The old man He Hui looked over the tiny frame that served as a window, chuckling, "It's a beautiful night."

Hazy moonlight shone into the dungeon cell through the small opening, pulling a blurry veil over the dungeon, adding a surreal effect. At this time, someone opened the dungeon door, a young man in brocade dragon robes stepped into the cell, followed closely behind by four palace guards.

The facial features of this young man bore some resemblance to Lu Kai.

Watching the young man enter the cell, the murderous look in Lu Kai's eyes intensified. If eyes could kill, if his eyes could murder, then this newly arrived young man would have been flesh-flayed by a million daggers many times over.

The young man entered unperturbed, even as he noticed the burning hatred and killing intent in Lu Kai's eyes. Walking towards the gray robed old man, he greeted: "Senior Brother He."

He Hui merely nodded.

Only then did the young man turn towards Lu Kai, speaking in a detached manner: "Big brother, have you been well in here for the past few days?" He glanced around the dungeon cell, noting the different torture instruments heaped in a pile at the corners, covered in dried blood and other stuff, emanating an indistinct unpleasant stench.

"Big brother?" Lu Kai threw his head back and laughed a dolent laugh. His eyes were blood-red as he stared at the young man, "Who is your Big brother?!! Lu Jing, you think you will be able to ascend the kingdom's throne with me out of the way?"

This young man that bore similar features to Lu Kai was his younger brother, Lu Jing.

Lu Jing laughed, "Your Prince status has been revoked, I am the Luo Tong Kingdom's Prince now, in a few more years I would be able to ascend the throne. But pity, ah, you won't be able to witness that moment!" He waved a hand at the four guards behind, one of them stepped forward, presenting a tiffin box in front of Lu Jing respectfully.

Lu Jing opened the tiffin box revealing several small dishes inside, colorful, fragrant, and looking delicious. Together with the dishes on the side, there was a jug of wine.

Lu Jing spoke: "Don't say I didn't perform my brotherly duties, these are all your favorite dishes and your beloved Snow Moon Wine. But then again, you should know that this is your final supper in this world."

Lu Kai looked at his so-called brother Lu Jing, "So I should thank you instead?"

Lu Jing was nonchalant, "No need for thanks, we're real brothers after all, no need to be so polite." Then Lu Jing ordered the guards standing behind him, "Unchain him."

The same guard answered respectfully, went up to Lu Kai and released the lock to his chains.

"Don't even think of running away, it would save you some unnecessary bitterness." Lu Jing said, "Just enjoy your last meal. Senior Brother He, let's leave." With that, Lu Jing left, bringing the guards as well.

He Hui glanced at Lu Kai before leaving the dungeon cell after Lu Jing, shutting the door behind him.

Hands and feet released from the chains, Lu Kai slumped to the floor in a sitting position. Staring numbly at the spread of dishes and wine before his eyes. A light chuckle escaped his throat and a blur obscured his sight, mumbling, "Brother Xiaolong, it seems like we won't be able to meet again in this lifetime!"

As Luo Tong Kingdom's Prince, he spent most of his time practicing, therefore he didn't have many trustworthy friends around him. It could be said that Huang Xiaolong was his only true friend.

He slowly walked up, grabbed the wine jug and took a large mouthful.

The night slowly faded, relinquishing the sky to the morning sun.

Inside an inn at the Thousand Spring Town, the morning sunlight streamed into the room through the window, falling on Huang Xiaolong's body. Huang Xiaolong walked over to the window, taking a deep breath of the crisp morning air, stretching out.

He walked out of the room moments later.

Giant ghost Feng Yang was already waiting outside Huang Xiaolong's room, saluting when he saw Huang Xiaolong coming out of the room.

"Let's go." Huang Xiaolong said. Settling the payment for the accommodation, Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang left the small Thousand Spring Town, flying rapidly in the direction of the Luo Tong Kingdom.

Since he was nearby, Huang Xiaolong decided to make a quick trip to the Luo Tong Kingdom to visit that guy, Lu Kai. He hadn't seen Lu Kai for many years.

The sunlight shone brilliantly. Although Huang Xiaolong and Feng Yang were flying at breakneck speed, they did not arouse anyone's attention. At their level of strength, even a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order couldn't grasp the edge of their shadows, not to mention those of lower cultivation. It was even more impossible for the commoners to see them.

In a small kingdom, such as Luo Tong, disregarding mid-level Xiantian warriors, even early-level Xiantian warriors were hard to find.

Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang flew all the way, passing through the borders to reach the edge of Luo Tong Kingdom land. Entering the Luo Tong Kingdom, Huang Xiaolong first stopped where the Huang Clan Manor used to stand. That year, the Huang Clan Manor was uprooted by the Baolong Kingdom's Big Sword Sect, now, the place was empty and abandoned, overgrown weeds had taken over the place amongst crumbled walls and ruins. Most of the buildings had collapsed to the grown.

Standing in the air as he looked at the ruin of a once huge manor, Huang Xiaolong lamented in his heart. In a flicker, he appeared in the small courtyard where he used to live.

In the small yard, that same tree was still there, and in a corner, there was a slightly crumbled large boulder. Seeing the small handprints on it, Huang Xiaolong couldn't resist smiling recalling how he tested his strength using that stone boulder every time he had a small breakthrough in cultivation. Those handprints were left by him in those years.

Walking to his room, Huang Xiaolong pushed the door open, thick dust danced in the air. Sliding a finger over the frame of his bed, inch thick dust stuck to his finger.

'Well, time to hire some people to repair Huang Clan Manor.' Huang Xiaolong thought. That year, in order to avoid the people from Big Sword Sect, he brought his parents and siblings away from the Huang Clan Manor, then, in order to avoid the Deities Templar, he moved them again to Duanren Empire Imperial City.

In the future, after he destroyed Deities Templar, he would send someone to repair the Manor. Huang Xiaolong knew that his parents had always missed this place.

"Come on." Huang Xiaolong said as he walked out of the room, leaving the Huang Clan Manor behind, heading to the Luo Tong Royal City.

A little more than an hour later, both of them arrived at the Luo Tong Royal City. In the past, Huang Xiaolong needed several months to reach Luo Tong Royal City from the Huang Clan Manor, but now, it was a matter of only a couple of hours.

Standing before the Luo Tong Royal City gates, watching the commoners coming and going, another wave of nostalgia washed over Huang Xiaolong. Stopping only for the briefest moment, he entered the city with giant ghost Feng Yang.

However, giant ghost Feng Yang's four-meter stature, even with his ghost aura well-hidden still terrified the common subjects in the Royal City, everyone scurried away or to the sides, giving way to Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang.

Huang Xiaolong did not mind the commotion, walking without a goal along the streets, when he suddenly stopped. Not far from him was the Delicious Restaurant. The taste of Delicious Restaurant's Snow Moon Wine was not bad.

Hence, leading giant ghost Feng Yang, Huang Xiaolong walked into the restaurant.

Chapter 329: Unable To Rescue?

Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang climbed up to the first floor upon entering the restaurant, but he didn't expect to run into the restaurant's boss just as he stepped on the second floor. Seeing Huang Xiaolong, the boss's eyes widened to the size of fists, he was so excited that there were tremors in his voice, "You, you're Young Noble Huang?!"

Although it had been many years since Huang Xiaolong left the Luo Tong Royal City, and just as many years since he visited the Delicious Restaurant, the boss still recognized Huang Xiaolong in one glance.

He might forget others, but not Huang Xiaolong!

Huang Xiaolong was someone that represented the Luo Tong Kingdom in the in Duanren Empire's Imperial City Battle, the legendary figure that won the first place, how could he forget!!!

That year, Huang Xiaolong won the Duanren Imperial City Battle's first place, when the news was sent back to the Luo Tong Kingdom, celebrations were held throughout the kingdom. King Lu Zhe held a three-day celebration feast when he announced the glorious achievement!

Moreover, the boss was well aware that Huang Xiaolong was someone that even the sole Marshal of Luo Tong Kingdom, Marshal Haotian was respectful to!

Watching the restaurant boss's expression, Huang Xiaolong smiled and nodded slightly, he didn't expect the boss to remember him after so many years.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong admitted his identity, the boss grew more enthusiastic, nearly performing a full kneel and kowtow to salute Huang Xiaolong. Huang Xiaolong easily stopped the boss's action, extending his left hand out, indicating him to stand up while his eyes looked at him and then the surroundings meaningfully.

Watching Huang Xiaolong's actions, the restaurant boss instantly understood that Huang Xiaolong didn't want others to know of his presence. Only then did he hurried to a stand, but even so, his demeanor was of utmost respect, the angle of his waist probably exceeded ninety degrees. He personally led Huang Xiaolong to a secluded section and took Huang Xiaolong's orders.

Other customers noticed the complaisant attitude of the restaurant boss before Huang Xiaolong, most were shocked and curious.

A short while later, the boss excused himself respectfully.

While waiting for the dishes to arrive, the sudden loud commotion on the streets attracted Huang Xiaolong's attention. Huang Xiaolong looked outside through the restaurant's window and saw the common subjects moving in small and large groups heading in one direction.

At this time, discussions on tables nearby reached his ears.

"Quickly eat, after we finish eating we're rushing over to the square across the palace doors to watch a good show!" One customer said.

"Life is really strange, ah, who would've thought that, as a Prince, Lu Kai would end up so tragically." Another person commented.

Lu Kai?! Huang Xiaolong was stunned hearing Lu Kai's name being mentioned.

'What is happening?'

"Young Noble Huang, your dishes are here." At this point, the restaurant boss returned, personally bringing Huang Xiaolong his dishes.

As he put the plates one by one on Huang Xiaolong's table, Huang Xiaolong questioned, "About Lu Kai, what's that all about?"

The restaurant boss' action lagged for a second, not knowing what to say. It was known to many people in the Royal City that Huang Xiaolong and Prince Lu Kai were good friends back in the day, thus he also knew.

"Speak!" Huang Xiaolong's face sank, exuding a powerful momentum that enveloped the entire restaurant. The noisy restaurant instantly fell into a dead silence, the customers all around were filled with apprehension.

Whereas the restaurant boss was so scared that he fell to his knees, "Huang, Young Noble Huang..." ashen face and cold sweat, he looked at Huang Xiaolong with awe.

Watching the restaurant boss' reaction, Huang Xiaolong converged the terrifying pressure he released, slightly adjusting his expression as he said, "First, stand up."

Not daring to delay, the restaurant boss hurried to his feet, respectfully recounting the matter from the beginning to Huang Xiaolong in a trembling voice.

The more Huang Xiaolong listened, the gloomier the expression on his face became.

Until the end, the restaurant boss noticed the hot dishes he just served moment ago with steam still curling were now covered with layers of white ice. They were in the peak of spring, where did this ice come from?

Finished telling the matter, the restaurant boss felt his throat feel dry and itchy as he stood there, not daring to move.

In plain words, Lu Kai's younger brother, Lu Jing, in order to seize the kingdom's throne, joined a sect that called themselves Wind God Cult, worshipping the Sect Leader as Master, working hand in glove on a conspiracy. Controlling King Lu Zhe, they forced him to renounce Lu Kai's Prince status and throw him into the dungeon.

They even announced that Lu Kai will be brought to the square opposite the palace doors for public beheading!

"How much time till the execution?" A moment of silence later, Huang Xiaolong looked at the restaurant boss.

The restaurant boss looked at the sky outside, answering, "Around one hour's time."

One hour. Huang Xiaolong stood up, preparing to leave with giant ghost Feng Yang.

Guessing what Huang Xiaolong wanted to do, the restaurant boss courageously stepped in, "Young Noble Huang, I know you want to rescue Prince Lu Kai, but with just the two of you, it's impossible to cope with the tens of thousands of palace guards. At that time, not only will you fail to rescue Prince Lu Kai, you might even lose your life in this gamble."

That year, when Huang Xiaolong relocated his family to Duanren Imperial City, Marshal Haotian also went, following beside the Huang Family. Thus, Huang Xiaolong had no reinforcement in Luo Tong Royal City anymore. If he planned to rescue Prince Lu Kai with a mere two people, in the restaurant boss' opinion, it was a hopeless feat, regardless if Huang Xiaolong was the champion of Duanren Imperial City Battle and had already broken through to Xiantian.

Huang Xiaolong looked at the restaurant boss and smiled, "Lose my life in this gamble?" He was not angry, for he understood that the restaurant boss reminded him out of good intentions.

Seeing that Huang Xiaolong was still nonchalant about the matter, he grew solemn, emphasizing, "Yes, I know that Young Noble Huang has broken through the Xiantian realm, but other than the numerous palace guards, I've heard that the person responsible for guarding Prince Lu Kai was a peak late-Xiantian Second Order expert."

"Peak late-Xiantian Second Order?" Huang Xiaolong was dumbfounded. A small kingdom such as Luo Tong Kingdom has a peak late-Xiantian Second Order.

The restaurant boss nodded gravely, "That's right. An expert from the Wind God Cult, also Lu Jing's Eldest Senior Brother, named He Hui."

'So, someone from Wind God Cult, Huang Xiaolong mused, but where did this Wind God Cult pop out from? Even the restaurant boss doesn't know.'

No matter what hole they came out from, it was fated that the Wind God Cult would be destroyed.

"Keep the dishes warm, after I rescue my brother, I'll come drink with him." Huang Xiaolong said to the restaurant boss laughingly, a finger casually pointed at the table of food.

The restaurant boss blanked momentarily before he understood the meaning of Huang Xiaolong's words, Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang's silhouettes had vanished from his sight.

The restaurant boss looked dazedly at the spot where Huang Xiaolong and the giant 'man' stood earlier, now it was empty and airy. A long time passed before he shook his head, muttering to himself, "I hope that the Heavens bless Young Noble Huang so that he can escape from this disaster." He didn't think that Huang Xiaolong and his friend had any chances of rescuing Lu Kai.

At this time, the palace's main doors slowly opened. Lu Kai, with his four limbs chained down to an iron column, escorted out by a group of palace guards, all the way to the square center. Lines of palace guards barricaded the square's perimeter tightly.

Commoners that came to watch a lively show crowded the square some distance away, pointing fingers and shaking heads, some with pity, some gloated.

Chapter 330: God Killing Fist!

He Hui glared at Lu Kai at the center of the square and barked: "On your knees!"

Lu Kai stood upright, looking coldly at the old man.

Watching Lu Kai's stubbornness, He Hui snickered instead, lifting his foot and kicking the back of Lu Kai's knees as swift as lightning. Lu Kai's knees bent and he fell to his knees.

"Do you think you're still Luo Tong Kingdom's Prince?" He Hui mocked, "Now, you're nothing but a death row prisoner waiting to be beheaded, merely a prisoner!"

Lu Kai raised his head, eyes tinted with bloodlust watching He Hui. Seeing this, He Hui struck across Lu Kai's face without any misgiving, leaving a raw five-finger print on Lu Kai's cheek. His head fell to the side, blood filling his mouth.

From afar, the commoners became agitated and angered.

Lu Jing frowned slightly as he stood on the erected stage, saying "Senior Brother He, it's good enough." After all, Lu Kai was his brother.

"Big brother, speak, do you have any last words?" Lu Jing looked at Lu Kai, kneeling at the center of the square, asking in a condescending manner.

Lu Kai looked up, a tiny depreciating smile lifted the corner of his mouth as he stared fixedly at his younger brother: "Don't kill my mother."

Although they were brothers, they were born of different mothers.

Lu Jing shook his head: "Change your request." His meaning was very clear. Once Lu Kai was dead, his mother must also die, all possibilities must be uprooted.

Tears fell from Lu Kai's eyes without warning.

"Junior Brother, it's about time." He Hui added, "Master ordered that there must not be any mishap." The last sentence contained a hint of reminder.

Lu Jing was displeased, in the end, he did not say anything, he merely nodded.

He Hui walked up, raising his voice: "Prepare for execution!"

The executioner, who was ready at the side, approached Lu Kai, but before he came close to Lu Kai, his body froze for a moment and tumbled to the ground abruptly.

The sudden turn of events struck everyone dumb.

"What is happening?!" Lu Jing jumped from his seat.

He Hui scanned the surrounding crowd, snorting disdainfully, "Someone wants to snatch people from the execution?" He leaped into the air, landing beside the dead executioner, yet what puzzled him was that he couldn't find the cause of death. There were no wounds at all on the executioner's body.

The noisy crowd quieted down all of a sudden, all of them turned their heads towards a certain direction where a black-haired young man and a four-meter-tall giant man covered entirely in a black cloak were slowly walking towards the square center.

He Hui and Lu Jing inevitably also turned to look.

When Lu Kai saw the young man's face, his body shook, eyes wide with disbelief, a joy rushed from his heart and even his lips quivered.

As Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang moved forward, the crowd opened a small berth for them. The palace guards barricading the perimeter shouted a warning, motioning the guards to execute the two trespassers on the spot, but shockingly, before the palace guards took more than ten steps, their bodies were pushed back without reason, no matter how many of them went up.

Witnessing this scene, all the commoners on the square were dumbstruck, eyes larger than the size of a gold coin. They clearly saw that neither one of the two people made any attack.

He Hui's brows wrinkled slightly because he did not see any of the two people making a move either. Or should he say, with his sight, he was unable to determine these two people's attack?

But then he shook his head, thinking that the probability was too absurd. According to his knowledge, in this tiny Luo Tong Kingdom, a Xiantian Third Order did not exist, the strongest cultivation was only a mid-Xiantian Second Order.

Huang Xiaolong and Feng Yang finally arrived at the execution stage. Lu Kai stood up, filled with excitement looking at Huang Xiaolong.

They merely looked at each other like that.

"Brother, I am late." Huang Xiaolong spoke first.

Lu Kai shook his head, tears streaming down his face, unsure if they were tears of joy or grief. He never imagined that Huang Xiaolong would appear here, didn't Haotian's letter a few months ago say that Huang Xiaolong traveled to the Bedlam Lands?

"I heard Marshal Haotian mention some months ago that you went off to the Bedlam Lands?" Lu Kai asked.

Huang Xiaolong grinned, "En, I stayed there for some time. Just came back, and on the way, I thought of having a drink with you."

Have a drink? Lu Kai laughed through his tears, "Can I ask, in the Bedlam Lands, are there a lot of beauties?"

Huang Xiaolong was stumped, speechless, this fella nearly had his head chopped off, and now he was standing there enquiring about beauties?

A cold voice cut into their conversation, "Drink wine? Beauties? Hmph, when you go to hell, you can reunite there and enjoy yourselves." It was He Hui's voice.

He Hui's heart was on fire. These two people broke into the execution stage yet they dared stand there conversing idly, they were not putting him in their eyes at all! He marched towards Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang, battle qi flame burst out from his body, exuding a terrifying atmosphere.

Lu Kai's heart tightened, quickly looked at Huang Xiaolong, "Brother, this old fogey is a peak late-Xiantian Second Order, do you have any confidence?" Although he understood Huang Xiaolong, knew that this brother of his wouldn't do things he has no grasp in, Lu Kai still worried. After all, when Huang Xiaolong left the Luo Tong Kingdom, he has yet to break through Xiantian realm.

Huang Xiaolong shrugged nonchalantly, "What do you think?"

Hearing this, Lu Kai relaxed, completely reassured.

He Hui heard Huang Xiaolong's words and he glared at him, "Vainglorious boast! Little brat, I want to see what capability you have to rescue people from under my watch!" He Hui prepared to attack at the end of his words.

However, precisely at the same time, amongst the crowd, someone suddenly exclaimed out loud: "That one looks like... Huang Xiaolong... Huang Xiaolong!"

"Huang Xiaolong? A few years back, the same Huang Xiaolong that brought glory to our Luo Tong Kingdom, winning the first place at the Duanren Imperial City Battle?!"

"Yes, yes, that's him! Huang Xiaolong! Our Luo Tong Kingdom's legendary genius!" The crowd's excitement was incited, the voices around became louder, everyone speaking and shouting at once, turning into a trend.

Finally, someone recognized Huang Xiaolong!

The news spread, one to ten, ten to a hundred!

He Hui was stunned at first, before it turned into a cold sneer, "Duanren Imperial City Battle's number one several years ago? No wonder you're so arrogant, but do you think that winning whatever Imperial City number one makes you invincible in the world? Today, I will show you that there is a Heaven beyond the Heavens, mountains beyond mountains!" With that, He Hui aimed a punch at Huang Xiaolong, fist imprint breaking the wind, distorting airflow, and space.

"God Killing Fist!" He Hui hollered as if beneath his fist, even God would be annihilated.

Huang Xiaolong was calm as ever watching the other side's fist coming at him, standing there, waiting, unmoving, as if he has no intention to counter. Lu Kai became nervous only to see the giant 'man' beside Huang Xiaolong reach out. With a single pat and an eerie cry, He Hui was struck down, embedded into the square floor.

Lu Kai's mouth was agape with shock, fixed at the jaw, his eyeballs almost popping out staring at He Hui's half-buried body.

The crowd that was excited because of Huang Xiaolong's appearance also went silent in a daze. Including Lu Jing and the surrounding palace guards.

Ignoring the expressions around him, Huang Xiaolong slowly approached He Hui.

Chapter 331: Deities Templar Appears Again

Huang Xiao long's feet stopped a few meters away from He Hui. A single hand raised and a powerful suction force extracted He Hui from the ground. Looking at He Hui coldly, Huang Xiaolong repeated slowly, "Heavens beyond Heavens, Mountains beyond Mountains?"

Earlier, he had ordered Feng Yang to hold back a little, hence, He Hui did not die on the spot... but then again, he was not far from death.

He Hui struggled weakly to open his eyes as he let out a low snicker, his hoarse voice sounded, "Little brat, you're dead! Our Wind God Cult is under Deities Templar, do you know Deities Templar? Deities Templar is the strongest force in our Martial Spirit World. To destroy you and every member of your family clan is as simple as blowing dust."

The Wind God Cult was one of the weaker dependent forces that Deities Templar netted, and He Hui was just an insignificant character, therefore, he had no knowledge of the intense friction between Huang Xiaolong and Deities Templar.

He Hui thought that Huang Xiaolong didn't have any idea about the transcendent existence of Deities Templar, which was why he purposely exaggerated it's 'terrifying' force at the end.

Huang Xiaolong chuckled at He Hui's words, but still, he didn't expect this Wind God Cult to be a branched out part of Deities Templar.

"Oh~, destroying my family and clan is no different than blowing dust to them?" Huang Xiaolong laughed.

He Hui's attitude turned haughty, "I know that perhaps you don't believe it, but..!" His voice stuck here, stopping abruptly. His eyes lowered to see his chest exploding with one palm strike from Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong simply flung He Hui's body aside, falling to a corner of the execution area, and then proceeded to walk towards Lu Kai while ignoring the flabbergasted look on his face. Battle qi wrapped around his palm, straight like a blade, chopping the chains tying Lu Kai's hands and feet into a dozen sections.

Then Huang Xiaolong took out from the Asura Ring a Soul Replenishing Fruit he collected from the Ghost King's cultivation cave and told Lu Kai to open his mouth, swallow and refine it.

Lu Kai's crippled Qi Sea and meridians did not escape Huang Xiaolong's eyes. The benefits of this Soul Replenishing Fruit was slightly better than Nine Leaves Purple Grass. Very soon, vigor and ruddiness returned to the pale-faced, weak-atmosphered Lu Kai. His strength returned and even continued rising, becoming stronger.

"This...!" Lu Kai was greatly shocked at the result of the fruit. He dared not believed what was happening, astonishment was written all over his face as he felt his Qi Sea and meridians recover fully. Not only that, the battle qi coursing in his Qi Sea and meridians was stronger, more powerful. Just moments ago, he broke through consecutively all the way to mid-Houtian Eighth Order!

Lu Kai's eyes sparkled with excitement staring at Huang Xiaolong, but just as he wanted to ask, Huang Xiaolong stopped him. Shaking his head with a smile, "We'll talk about this later. Solve the matter at hand first." He said, pointing a finger at Lu Jing on the side.

Lu Kai nodded. Then he looked over at Lu Jing.

Seeing Lu Kai looking at him, fear and terror flickered in his eyes. When he was about to flee from the scene, Lu Kai leaped out, blocking the path right in front of Lu Jing.

"Kill, I order you to kill him, kill them all!" Lu Jing shouted in panic at the palace guards around him. At his order, the guard beside Lu Jing waved his sword and attacked Lu Kai, however, before that palace guard could attack, giant ghost Feng Yang opened his mouth and sucked in. Before Lu Jing's terrified eyes, all the palace guards around him turned into dry mummified corpses.

The rest of the palace guards that prepared to attack halted sharply in their actions watching this result, inhaling cold breaths as they stared at the giant 'man' beside Huang Xiaolong warily.

Although Lu Kai too was shocked inside, he recovered fairly quickly, concentrating on his younger brother, Lu Jing. Lu Kai punched out without another word, striking Lu Jing's chest. Lu Jing's body inverted with scream, falling to the square floor from the stage.

Lu Kai leaped down and once again approached Lu Jing.

The rows of palace guards around the square stood by and watched, none of them dared to step up to stop Lu Kai.

"Big brother, don't, no, don't kill me!!' Lu Jing climbed up from the ground, keeping his eyes on the approaching Lu Kai. He was terrorized, frantically waving his hands at Lu Kai: "I know I was wrong, I beg you, don't kill me."

Lu Kai's face was cold and grim, "Don't kill you?!" his left palm straightened, and chop down decisively.

Lu Jing grasped at his throat, mouth opened like a fish out of water, red in the face. The entire time, fear never left his widened eyes, mixed with despair and anger. One of his hand flailed around, clawing for Lu Kai but Lu Jing tumbled to the ground after taking two steps. His body twitched once and forever remained still henceforth.

Lu Kai glanced coldly at his body. The surrounding palace guards, as well as the commoners in the distance, fell into silence watching Lu Jing's corpse.

Moments later, Huang Xiaolong stood beside Lu Kai, "How are you?"

Lu Kai shook his head, breathing out heavily as if all his burden could leave him that way, "I am fine."

Huang Xiaolong smiled, "I have some food and drinks readied at the Delicious Restaurant, shall we go for a drink?"

Lu Kai was stunned for a moment before revealing a grin, "Is there Snow Moon Wine?"

Huang Xiaolong nodded firmly: "There is Snow Moon Wine."

"There's food and wine, of course I have to go." Lu Kai laughed.

Moments later, all the palace guards present in the square watched as Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai left in leisure steps, no one dared to object or stop them. It didn't take long for the three of them to reach the Delicious Restaurant.

When the Delicious Restaurant's boss saw Huang Xiaolong return, along with Lu Kai beside him, he reacted like a wooden chicken standing on the spot, dumbstruck for a very long time before he remembered to kneel down, greeting Lu Kai.

After the restaurant boss stood up, Huang Xiaolong led the way up to the first floor while asking, "Boss, the dishes, did you warm them?" before Huang Xiaolong left earlier, he specifically instructed them to warm the dishes.

The restaurant boss had an awkward expression on his face, not knowing how to answer Huang Xiaolong for he didn't believe for a second that Huang Xiaolong would be able to rescue Lu Kai, even more so returning here to eat if he, by some miracle, succeeded.

Therefore... he did not keep the dishes warm.

How could Huang Xiaolong not understand watching the restaurant boss' interesting expression. He didn't blame or admonish the matter, walking to the same table as before with Lu Kai.

Although the restaurant boss didn't keep Huang Xiaolong's dishes warm, he also did not allow others to use the table or take away the food served.

After sitting down, with a turn of his hand, a small kindle of true essence fire floated on Huang Xiaolong's palm. With a quick sweep over the wine and dishes, curling wisps of steam instantly filled the air with enticing fragrance.

The restaurant boss was stunned. He hesitated before speaking up, "Young Noble Huang, Prince Lu Kai, the pursuing guards might reach here very soon, shouldn't you...?" To him, since Huang Xiaolong succeeded in rescuing Prince Lu Kai, he and Prince Lu Kai should flee far away from Luo Tong Royal City as soon as possible, the further the better. Yet, these two people were in the mood to just sit here, drinking wine and enjoying meat?

Later, when the Wind God Cult and the palace guards chased them here, what would they do?!

Both Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai chuckled hearing that, making the restaurant boss feel lost and baffled.

Huang Xiaolong stopped laughing and said, "Well, Boss, you go down first, we'll call for you if there's anything we need."

Seeing this, the restaurant boss didn't dare to broach the subject anymore. Saluting respectfully, he excused himself.

"Come, let us drink." Watching the restaurant boss disappear from view, Huang Xiaolong raised his cup and clinked it against Lu Kai's.

Needless to say, the Snow Moon Wine reheated using true essence fire tasted better than usual. The wine was smooth down the throat, with a hint of warmth after the initial iciness, intoxicating to the soul.

Calling it ambrosia of the gods was befitting.

But in this world, probably only Huang Xiaolong was profligate enough to use true essence fire to reheat dishes and wine.

...

While Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai were enjoying themselves with food and wine at the Delicious Restaurant, a hundred miles outside Luo Tong Royal City, on a small mountain range, stood the structures of several palaces. These palaces were Wind God Cult's main headquarters built in the Luo Tong Kingdom.

At this time, Wind God Cult's Leader was standing below the dais in a respectful manner, whereas on the main seat in the hall sat a young man in a white robe, with icy blue eyes. There was an obvious golden runic pattern on his forehead.

This young man was the very same person who took Li Lu away in Duanren Imperial City together with Li Molin, Deities Templar's Ao Baixue! That time several years ago, Ao Baixue had revealed his Saint realm strength and injured Huang Xiaolong with it.

Chapter 332: Even If Given Wings... Won't Be Able To Escape

Ao Baixue sat on the throne seat in the hall, his fingers caressing the emeralds decorating the sides...

The atmosphere in the great hall grew smothering. Fan Yiming had his head lowered, not daring to breathe loudly.

"No news yet from the Luo Tong Kingdom's side?" A while later, Ao Baixue finally spoke, his majestic tone shattered the suffocating silence.

Fan Yiming trembled, but he swiftly stepped forward to answer, "Replying to Elder Ao, most likely there will not be any unanticipated accident. I've sent my eldest disciple He Hui to supervise the matter, by this time, that Lu Kai should have been beheaded. With Lu Kai's death and with Lu Jing ascending the throne, we can smoothly control the Luo Tong Kingdom."

Ao Baixue condescendingly glanced at Fan Yiming from above the throne seat, deriding in soft-spoken words, "I hope it is as you said. Serve well, and Deities Templar will reward you justly."

Joy flooded Fan Yiming's face and he knelt down in a kowtow: "This lowly one thanks Elder Ao!"

It was at this time, from outside the great hall, a Wind God Cult Elder rushed into the hall in a flustered manner.

Ao Baixue's brows wrinkled with dissatisfaction: "What is it?"

That Elder fell to his knees and reported with a shaky voice, "Reporting to Elder Ao, Leader, Luo- there's a mishap on the Luo Tong Kingdom's side."

Mishap? Mishap could only refer to Lu Kai's death, unless...?

"What happened?!" Fan Yiming demanded anxiously.

"Some- someone rescued Lu Kai, and, and..." The Elder hesitated.

"And what?" Fan Yiming snapped.

"And Elder He is dead!" That Elder dared not conceal the truth.

"What?!" Fan Yiming didn't look good, he was very confident in his eldest disciple He Hui's strength, a peak late-Xiantian Second Order. To his knowledge, no Xiantian Third Order expert existed in the Luo Tong Kingdom, yet his disciple was killed?!

"What about Lu Jing?" Fan Yiming pressed.

"Lu Jing was also killed!" That Wind God Cult Elder reported the truth with all honesty.

However, his answer made Fan Yiming's face murkier than muddy water.

Ao Baixue remained seated on the hall throne and wasn't angered even after listening to the Wind God Cult Elder's report. Instead, Ao Baixue laughed softly, "Interesting, there are actually people who dare to oppose my Deities Templar? Interesting."

Although Ao Baixue looked calm on the surface, Fan Yiming instantly knelt down on his knees, kowtowing repeatedly, "Elder Ao, this subordinate is incompetent, deserving a thousand deaths!"

"Enough, stand up." Ao Baixue said.

Fan Yiming and the Elder gave their thanks before daring to stand up.

"How many people took part in rescuing Lu Kai?" Ao Baixue questioned that Wind Cult Elder.

The Wind God Cult Elder hastened to answer, "It was two people. One was a young man, the other a four-meter-tall giant, it seems that young man is called Huang Xiaolong, and that giant man is probably his bodyguard."

"What? Huang Xiaolong?" Ao Baixue showed surprise on his face, "You are very sure that he is called Huang Xiaolong?"

"That is correct, Elder Ao. When that young man was rescuing Lu Kai, the commoner crowd gathered around the square recognized him, claiming that the young man was Luo Tong Kingdom's greatest genius talent, participated in the Duanren Imperial City Battle and won the first place that year." The Elder answered respectfully.

Hearing the Elder's explanation, Ao Baixue was absolutely sure that it was none other than Huang Xiaolong, making him burst out in laughter in delight. He stood up as he laughed, "Huang Xiaolong ah Huang Xiaolong, truly, enemies meet on a narrow road, I truly did not expect that you will appear here!"

Amongst the ranks of Deities Templar, Huang Xiaolong was labeled a 'sinner!'

Anyone who went against Deities Templar would be listed as sinners, and in the Deities Templar Sinner's List, Huang Xiaolong might not rank first, but he was definitely within top ten.

If he could capture Huang Xiaolong and bring him back to Deities Templar, he would be greatly rewarded. Of course, the reward would be the same if he brought back Huang Xiaolong's corpse.

"Elder Ao, that Huang Xiaolong is..?" Fan Yiming approached, venturing with caution.

Ao Baixue smiled, "Just a stinky boor of a young man. There's some small grudge with him from a few years ago, at that time he was only an early Xiantian. Regardless of his current strength, he is a designated sinner wanted by Deities Templar."

Fan Yiming quickly said, "So it's like that. No matter how much of a genius talent that Huang Xiaolong could be, at most he's only a mid-level Xiantian. Probably yet to break through the mid-level Xiantian. In front of Elder Ao, he won't be able to escape even if you put wings on him, peeing himself the instant he sees Elder Ao appear."

This brown-nosing put Ao Baixue in an extremely good mood.

"Did you find out in which direction that Huang Xiaolong fled to?" Ao Baixue then asked the Elder.

"Replying to Elder Ao, that Huang Xiaolong did not run after rescuing Lu Kai. They went to a place called Delicious Restaurant within the Luo Tong Royal City, they are drinking wine." The Elder replied with due respect, "Even now, both of them are still there."

Ao Baixue was stunned. 'They did not run?' Then he inquired about the characteristics of the giant man who was with Huang Xiaolong. After confirming that it was neither Zhao Shu nor Zhang Fu, he was totally at ease.

As long as it wasn't Zhao Shu or Zhang Fu, the matter would be easy to handle. At Huang Xiaolong's side, the only high-grade Saint realm experts were Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu. Whereas those miscellaneous people like Yu Ming, Haotian, Fei Hou, and what not, taking care of them was only a matter of snapping his fingers.

"Huang Xiaolong, I want to see how you're going to escape my hands this time!" Ao Baixue declared coldly. He turned around to instruct Fan Yiming, "Order down the lockdown of the entire Luo Tong Royal City, you make a trip there with me."

"Yes, Elder Ao!" Not delaying further, Ao Baixue flew out of the great hall, leading Fan Yiming and some others in the direction of Luo Tong Royal City. With Ao Baixue's Saint realm speed, a hundred li was a matter of only half an incense stick's burning time.

Before long, Ao Baixue's sighted the Luo Tong Royal City in front of him. Watching the city structures growing bigger and closer, excitement gleamed in his eyes. He was now a mid-First Order Saint realm. This time, if he could capture Huang Xiaolong alive and bring him back to the Deities Templar headquarters, with the reward from the Temple Preceptor he could definitely advance to late-First Order Saint realm in the shortest time.

While Ao Baixue and his group narrowed the distance to Luo Tong Royal City, Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai were still clinking cups in the Delicious Restaurant. It had been a few years since they last saw each other, words were bound to be many.

Talking about the Cosmic Star Academy and the days they spent there, each sighed with nostalgia. When the topic came to the annual Academy year competition, Lu Kai laughed, "You kid, shouldn't you have let me hit you once or twice those years?" Those years, whenever Huang Xiaolong met Lu Kai on the stage, he barely showed any mercy.

Huang Xiaolong too laughed, "I cannot cheat." Speaking of this, Huang Xiaolong recalled someone, "That Jiang Teng, how is he now?"

Jiang Teng was Huang Xiaolong's classmate in his first year, also the only student with superb talent martial spirit apart from Huang Xiaolong.

"Principal Sun Zhang and Vice Principal Xiong Chu placed high importance on him. Now, Jiang Teng is already a mid-Ninth Order." Lu Kai said. The Ninth Order Lu Kai referred to was, of course, mid-Houtian Ninth Order.

Huang Xiaolong nodded. Jiang Teng was both Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu's disciple at the same time, with his grade eleven superb talent martial spirit and the two elders' guidance, it was no wonder Jiang Teng had this achievement.

Mentioning Jiang Teng, Lu Kai couldn't resist asking, "Brother, tell me frankly, what is your strength now?" He had an itching curiosity about Huang Xiaolong's strength.

Chapter 333: Able To Contend With Me?

Huang Xiaolong showed a faint smile hearing Lu Kai asking about his current strength, "In your opinion, what's my current strength?"

Lu Kai kept mum for a moment, then said, "You little bastard cannot be judged using normal logic. That year when you participated in the Duanren Imperial City Battle, you had just broken through the Xiantian realm, by now, you probably advanced till Xiantian Fourth Order, right?" Lu Kai squinted his eyes as he fixed a stare on Huang Xiaolong's face for his reaction.

Xiantian Fourth Order! Thinking about what a Xiantian Fourth Order represented, Lu Kai couldn't help but tremble secretly. Xiantian Fourth Order, a mid-level Xiantian realm, not one person in the entire Luo Tong Kingdom could contend with that kind of strength!

Forget the Luo Tong Kingdom, even several neighboring kingdoms didn't have a Xiantian Fourth Order expert! How old was Huang Xiaolong? No more than twenty-three, right?!

Watching Lu Kai staring at him wide-eyed, Huang Xiaolong shook his head a little helplessly. Huang Xiaolong's response stunned Lu Kai, and he subsequently breathed out in relieved, grinning "See, didn't I say, no matter how much of a monster genius you are, how could you break through mid-level Xiantian so fast!"

Huang Xiaolong was speechless at his friend.

"So, are you a peak late-Xiantian Third Order now?" Lu Kai was relentless.

Peak late-Xiantian Third Order? Huang Xiaolong smiled bitterly, shaking his head.

Seeing this, Lu Kai continued, "Late-Xiantian Third Order?"

Huang Xiaolong shook his head again.

"Peak mid-Xiantian Third Order?" Lu Kai tried again.

He got the same response from Huang Xiaolong.

Lu Kai's face was full of doubt, "Cannot be, ah, then mid-Xiantian Third Order? With the speed of your cultivation, it's impossible for you to be only a mid-Xiantian Third Order?"

Huang Xiaolong laughed, "I am really not a mid-Xiantian Third Order."

Not a mid-Xiantian Third Order? Lu Kai blanked for a moment, then a shocking thought struck him, "Could it be... above Xiantian Fourth Order?!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Lu Kai laughed as he said, "You kid, really a freak, you actually broke through Xiantian Fourth Order so fast." Hearing Huang Xiaolong confirmed he had broken through Xiantian Fourth Order, Lu Kai was truly happy for his friend.

"Then you're now mid or late Xiantian Fourth Order?" Lu Kai asked.

Huang Xiaolong pondered his answer, "Can be considered as a high-level Xiantian realm." Though Huang Xiaolong could defeat the Saint realm Zhao Chen, he was still a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order, therefore, he was considered as a high-level Xiantian realm.

Lu Kai was totally dumbstruck at Huang Xiaolong's blasé answer, his eyeballs rounded like they were about to fall off, that look was no different than looking at an unknown strange creature.

Can be considered as high-level Xiantian realm?!

Lu Kai drew a sharp breath, he had assumed that regardless how talented Huang Xiaolong was, in a short few years' span, it was already beyond normal to advance into Xiantian Fourth Order, but now...!

"Peak late-Xiantian Sixth Order?" Lu Kai tried. Lu Kai thought that Huang Xiaolong's 'can be considered as' meant that he hadn't stepped into Xiantian Seventh Order, but infinitely close to breaking through to Xiantian Seventh Order.

Huang Xiaolong smiled a little at Lu Kai's guess, no longer admit or deny, let's take it that he was peak late-Xiantian Sixth Order.

At this point, the restaurant boss hastened to their table with an anxious expression. In front of Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai, he spoke urgently, "Young Noble Huang, Prince Lu Kai, quickly run! Just now, Prime Minister Wu Feng ordered to have the city on lockdown, all the city guards are rushing over here!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Talking with Lu Kai, Huang Xiaolong already found out that Wu Feng and most of the Luo Tong Kingdom ministers supported Lu Jing. That Wu Feng too had taken liege under the Wind God Cult, which was why Huang Xiaolong was calm. Raising his cup, he emptied the wine inside.

Watching Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai's unhurried response, the restaurant boss urged them, "Young Noble Huang, Prince Lu Kai, leave quickly, otherwise it will be too late. I heard that Wind God Cult's Leader and a group of Wind God Cult's experts are rushing over, they're probably right outside the city gates!"

Just as the restaurant boss' voice ended, an overwhelming momentum enveloped the entire Luo Tong Royal City like a flood of divine retribution from Heaven, not an inch of land was spared.

The commoners living in the city were terrified, feeling fear and despair at the sudden unknown calamity. Even the initially calm Lu Kai was affected, trepidation flickered in his eyes that went all the way to his core, it felt like an insurmountable mountain was pressuring his soul, making it hard to breathe.

Whereas Huang Xiaolong was surprised; Saint realm? Well, this was unexpected. Running into a Saint realm in this small place, someone from the Wind God Cult? Not likely, a small sect like Wind God Cult could hardly have such an existence. Then it could only be the people from Deities Templar.

At the same time outside, Ao Baixue, who released his Saint realm aura, flew straight toward the Delicious Restaurant at breaking wind speed. In the blink of an eye, Ao Baixue, Fan Yiming, and the Wind God Cult experts stopped right above the Delicious Restaurant.

"Greetings, Elder Ao, Leader Fan." Prime Minister Wu Feng, who had brought the city guards over to surround the Delicious Restaurant early on, hurried forward to salute Ao Baixue and Fan Yiming together with other Luo Tong Kingdom's ministers, on their knees.

Ao Baixue nodded, permitting them to rise. Spreading his spiritual sense, he instantly locked onto Huang Xiaolong's group of three.

"Huang Xiaolong, Lu Kai, you're surrounded from all angles, quickly roll out here and kneel before our Elder Ao!" Leader Fan Yiming took a step forward, barking out loudly.

All around was silence. Seconds later, the restaurant door opened, Huang Xiaolong walked out with Lu Kai and giant ghost Feng Yang. Huang Xiaolong's gaze collided with Ao Baixue in midair, an invisible storm swept out.

Fan Yiming sneered coldly when he saw Huang Xiaolong appear, "You are Huang Xiaolong? Brat, before our Elder Ao, why aren't you getting on your knees, begging for mercy?! I am sure you're already aware that our Elder Ao is a Saint realm expert. Killing you is child's play."

Huang Xiaolong merely glance at Ao Baixue: "Really?"

But Lu Kai was ashen at the sight of Ao Baixue, a Saint realm expert?! This young man was actually a Saint realm expert! Saint realm expert, a high above legendary existence!

Getting over his shock, Lu Kai turned towards Huang Xiaolong, "Brother, I have dragged you down, I am sorry!" In his view, as freakishly talented as Huang Xiaolong was to reach peak late-Xiantian Sixth Order at his age, he still wasn't a Saint realm expert's opponent.

In front of a Saint realm expert, whether one was a peak late-Xiantian Sixth Order or a Xiantian First Order, the result was the same: one move kill!

Huang Xiaolong gave Lu Kai a reassured look, saying: "Don't worry."

"Don't worry?" Ao Baixue laughed, "Huang Xiaolong, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu are both in Duanren Imperial City now, do you think they can make it here to save you from Duanren Imperial City?"

Huang Xiaolong faced Ao Baixue indifferently, "Do you think you can still injure me like you did that year?" That year, Ao Baixue intentionally injured Huang Xiaolong in front of Li Lu, this score, Huang Xiaolong had never forgotten.

Ao Baixue laughed even louder at Huang Xiaolong's words, eyes judging Huang Xiaolong up and down, "You're trying to say that with your current strength you can contend with me? With me, a peak mid-First Order Saint realm master?" His tone was thick with ridicule.

Experts from Wind God Cult joined Ao Baixue in his mocking laughter.

Chapter 334: This Monster!

The Luo Tong Kingdom's Prime Minister Wu Feng and the other ministers followed, laughing aloud.

"Huang Xiaolong, you're at a dead end, stop putting on an act!" Wu Feng mocked Huang Xiaolong, "Too bad that old fogey Haotian is not here, if not, he could witness your death with his own eyes!"

Wu Feng, as Luo Tong Kingdom's Prime Minister, was the pillar of the governing side, and had many contradictions with Haotian, who was the only Marshal. Of course, the grudge he had with Huang Xiaolong wasn't small either.

Huang Xiaolong remained the same, "Is that so?" At the moment, Huang Xiaolong was in no hurry to kill jumping clowns such as Wu Feng. The important thing now was to resolve Ao Baixue first.

Huang Xiaolong looked at Ao Baixue, "Don't say I didn't give a chance, call out your Saint realm space."

Ao Baixue was startled, the sounds of laughter from Fan Yiming's group died down halfway. When they finally understood that Huang Xiaolong meant what he said, weird expression hung on their faces looking at Huang Xiaolong.

"What did you say?" Ao Baixue said doubtfully, "Just now, you say you want to give me a chance so that I can call out my Saint realm space?" Did he hear correctly just now?

Huang Xiaolong generously affirmed: "You did not hear wrongly."

Ao Baixue finally ascertained, Huang Xiaolong really did say that he will give him, Ao Baixue, a chance just now, for him to use his Saint realm space.

His lips parted in boisterous laughter, even more unscrupulous than before, a frenzy laughter tinted with madness to the point of forgetting himself. At the end, anger crept into Ao Baixue's laugh. This was the anger of someone who was used to being high above challenged by someone equivalent to an ant in his eyes.

This time around, Fan Yiming, Wu Feng, and the others dared not join in the laughter. The terrible anger in Ao Baixue's voice did not go unnoticed by them.

Ao Baixue stared coldly at Huang Xiaolong, "Originally, I planned to capture you alive and bring you back to Deities Templar, where the Temple Preceptor can judge your sins and punishment, allowing you to live a few more days. But now, I want you to die, terribly, miserably!"

But, Huang Xiaolong made the first move instead, before the last word was spoken out from Ao Baixue's lips, Huang Xiaolong had traveled the short distance between them. A punch of Great Void Divine Fist shot out at full force, straight at Ao Baixue's chest.

Sensing that Huang Xiaolong's strength wasn't as weak and negligible as he had assumed, Ao Baixue's face tightened. However, Huang Xiaolong's Great Void Divine Fist struck his chest.

A zealous force passed through Ao Baixue's chest. The agonizing pain made him scream unwittingly as his entire body inverted, flying back and crashing into the shops on the other side of the street.

The row of shops on the opposite side of the street crumbled, burying Ao Baixue underneath. Dust clouds were blown up into the air.

Any noise in the surroundings died in an instant. Except for the wind, which seemingly grew violent.

Fan Yiming and the rest could almost swear they could hear the wind howling in their ears. Everyone present looked blankly at the opposite side of the street, where Ao Baixue was buried under crumbled buildings. Between the gravel and wood gaps, Ao Baixue's arse stuck out prominently.

Apart from his arse, they managed to make out his left leg. The rest of his body was obscured from sight.

Standing behind Huang Xiaolong, Lu Kai, who was dead worried earlier, was now staring with mouth agape, as large as his mouth could stretch, at Huang Xiaolong. Didn't this kid just tell him that he could only be considered a high-level Xiantian?

Someone that can be considered a high-level Xiantian actually sent a Saint realm expert flying off with a single punch?!

That was a Saint realm expert, ah, a legendary existence!

Every breath Lu Kai took felt insufficient. Huang Xiaolong stepped into Xiantian the year he participated in the Duaren Imperial City Battle, how many years had that been? He could already send a Saint realm expert flying!

Counting this year, Huang Xiaolong was only twenty-three years old! This...! Lu Kai failed to describe the shock, astonishment, and everything else he was feeling at this moment.

The freak! Super monster!

This was the best Lu Kai could do, describing Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong did not pay attention to the shocked people around him, but merely looked at Ao Baixue. After all, he had said that he would give him a chance.

At this point, Ao Baixue, under the building debris, moved. A horrifying aura burst out from his body, the gravel and wood pieces above him exploded, blasted into the air.

Ao Baixue's robe fluttered vigorously in the absence of wind. He looked over at Huang Xiaolong, eyes scarlet with murderous intent soaring sky-high.

Humiliation!!

For him this was a humiliation that could not be forgiven!

"Huang Xiaolong, dieㅡ!!" White-colored flames burned around Ao Baixue, his momentum continued to rise higher. His fingers spread, instantly locking the space around Huang Xiaolong.

Space manipulation!

At the same time, Ao Baixue's fist aimed at Huang Xiaolong's chest! He wanted to blast Huang Xiaolong to death with a single punch, to wash away the humiliation just now!

When Ao Baixue's fist was close to striking its target, a golden mountain shone bright and brilliant. With a shake, it shattered the space lock that the other side placed around Huang Xiaolong. Then, his body veered to the side and Ao Baixue's fist brushed past him, less than an inch from Huang Xiaolong's body.

Ao Baixue was stunned, his attack landed on empty air. But very quickly, his face warped, a howl came from his throat, his back bending forward like a cooked shrimp.

After dodging Ao Baixue's attack, Huang Xiaolong countered with a heavy punch deep into Ao Baixue's stomach. Ao Baixue only felt a strong tremor, and his intestines were shattered into countless pieces by Huang Xiaolong, and was sent flying once more, crashing through another row of shops. Several hundred meters back, he was buried beneath an even bigger pile of rubble and broken wood.

This time, they couldn't even see Ao Baixue's arse anymore. He was fully buried underneath.

Fan Yiming, Wu Feng, Lu Kai, and everyone else watched on dumbly. If they could excuse that the first time was because Huang Xiaolong made a sneak attack, then what about this time?!

The wind seemed to have grown fiercer.

Fan Yiming and Wu Feng's group felt that today's weather was sunny and bright just moments earlier, but somehow, the sun seemed cruel and harsh at this moment.

The gazes they looked at Huang Xiaolong with were filled with horror, intense, boundless fear. But no one dared to run, no one even dared, they already realized, they wouldn't be able to outrun Huang Xiaolong. Thus, all their hopes were pinned on Ao Baixue.

Watching the mound of rubble, Huang Xiaolong scoffed, this Ao Baixue failed to judge the situation clearly earlier. Did he really think that he was the same Huang Xiaolong that he could pinch with his fingers easily?

If Ao Baixue summoned his martial spirit and Saint space realm, he wouldn't fall to this tragic point so fast.

Huang Xiaolong's current strength was much stronger than the time he entered the Ghost King's cultivation cave. That time, Zhao Chen was unable to endure Huang Xiaolong full force punch, not to mentioned now. Ao Baixue? Hmph!

A while later, Ao Baixue emerged from underneath the rubble, standing up slowly. With a 'waw' blood came spewing out from his mouth. Due to his stomach injury, he was unable to stand up straight for the time being.

Huang Xiaolong wasn't shocked watching Ao Baixue stand up again. A Saint realm expert's physical defense was tough, possessing strong vitality, they wouldn't die so easily even if all their internal organs were shattered. Therefore, Huang Xiaolong never expected to kill Ao Baixue easily.

Ao Baixue stood up once again. Although his eyes were still scarlet with rage, the losses he ate the last two times finally cleared his head. Now, he was not in a hurry to attack Huang Xiaolong.

"Little pup Huang, good, very good!!!" Intense hatred and killing intent spilled over Ao Baixue's eyes, "Truly unexpected! A mere few short years and you actually grew to this extent!"

In a short few year's time, Huang Xiaolong's strength actually rose to this level. This created a palpable fear in him. At the same time, it firmly cemented his determination to kill Huang Xiaolong.

If not, in a hundred year's time, Deities Templar would probably be destroyed under Huang Xiaolong's hand!

Chapter 335: The Holy Maiden of Deities Templar

Huang Xiaolong flashed a disdainful smile as he looked at Ao Baixue, "A few years passed, it seems like your strength stagnated, without any improvement. I am sorely disappointed."

Ao Baixue's expression turned ugly at Huang Xiaolong's taunting words. Although it was known that it was generally difficult for a Saint realm expert to enhance their strength and breakthrough, a decade, several decades even were a normal time span. However, Huang Xiaolong's words stabbed deeply into Ao Baixue's heart, sharper than swords or knives.

He glowered icily at Huang Xiaolong, "I admit that you're very strong now, but, do you think you can really oppose a Saint realm expert as you are right now, a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order?" by this point, Ao Baixue had determined that Huang Xiaolong had yet to break through into Saint realm. Therefore, he still did not place Huang Xiaolong in his eyes much, despite being injured consecutively in the previous two attacks.

Before a Saint realm expert, even if it was a half-Saint, there was only one result—death. What more, a mere peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order? He refused to believe that Huang Xiaolong could smash this eternal 'law' that existed since ancient times!

Subsequently, Ao Baixue no longer held his strength back, releasing his full momentum out. Above his head, an eagle appeared, white as pure snow, with powerful wings that seemed to extend for miles, the sharp claws on its legs looked as if they were coated with white silver, glinting sharp and dangerous in the sunlight.

Ao Baixue's martial spirit, Snow Eagle!

Ao Baixue soul transformed the moment his martial spirit emerged. As he did so, a layer of thick sparkling white armor covered him from head to toe, even his blue irises turned pure white. The nails on his fingers elongated, emulating the white silver sharpness of the Snow Eagle.

The momentum of a Saint realm soared to the sky, overwhelming like a bombogenesis. Engulfed by this terrifying atmosphere, all the commoners of Luo Tong Royal City were down on their knees in prayers, trembling, absolute terror evident in their eyes.

In his next move, Ao Baixue called out his Saint realm space, its appearance differed from Zhao Chen's Saint realm space. Zhao Chen's Saint realm space took the form of a blue flame sea, whereas Ao Baixue's was snow white in color, in the Saint realm space proximity, glittering snowflakes fall softly.

By this time, Fan Yiming and the rest had retreated far back to safety, their gazes held fear, and burning reverence staring at Ao Baixue. The was the whelming might of a Saint realm expert!

When Ao Baoixue summoned his martial spirit, soul transformed, and prepared his Saint realm space. Huang Xiaolong did not remain idle, transforming into the Asura Physique. He too summoned his martial spirits, both black dragon and blue dragon emerged above him, soul-transforming with the twin dragon martial spirits before the shocked eyes of everyone present.

The mighty atmosphere of ancient dragons emanated from Huang Xiaolong's body, flooding the area, showing signs of suppressing Ao Baixue's Saint realm momentum.

"Falling Sun Almighty Fist!" Ao Baixue made a sudden attack at full power towards Huang Xiaolong, shattering the space with a swing of his fists.

Violent energy spread over a large area influenced by Ao Baixue's fists, forming two spheres of wind, and in the middle of the wind spheres were a dozen groups of flames, burning brilliantly.

Two spheres of burning wind resembled two falling suns, emanating their last shining rays at the end of the day. Twirled within the terrifying energy was the desolate allure of a sunset.

This Falling Sun Almighty Fist was a secret skill belonging to Deities Templar. According to rumors, it was a very high-grade battle skill originating from the Divine World.

However, Huang Xiaolong made a frontal assault instead of retreating, even after seeing this, both of his fists punched out at the same time. Two intangible giant fist imprints flew out, mysterious and profound, ever-changing.

The Great Void Divine Fist!

Boom!! A thunderous collision rendered the air as the Falling Sun and Great Void meshed. A tyrannical shockwave blasted outward in all four directions, the destructive power crushed all nearby shops and building into ruins, the pavement that lined the street was forcefully uplifted and pulverized into dust. The Delicious Restaurant had been reduced to splinters and gravel in the first blast, the restaurant building no longer existed.

Fan Yiming, Wu Feng, and the others watched fearfully as the horrifying shock waves were raging in their direction and had long since fled for their lives with ashen faces. Some Wind God Cult Elders were too late, their bodies made an arch high in the air after being hit by the shock waves, and by the time they crashed to the ground, they were already dead.

Witnessing the end of Wind God Cult's Elders that were struck by the shockwaves, Fan Yiming's pale face turned a shade paler. Fortunately for him, the shockwave's energy lost its power not far from him, stopping dead in its tracks.

On another side, Lu Kai paled as he watched woodenly the surging shockwave, however, just as he was about to be swept away, giant ghost Feng Yang's pam slammed outward, dissipating the energy coming at him.

Watching this scene, Lu Kai, who was drenched in cold sweat, was once again stunned agape staring at giant ghost Feng Yang.

Up in the air, Ao Baixue and Huang Xiaolong's bodies shook and simultaneously staggered back. But Huang Xiaolong's silhouette vanished from view the moment he staggered back, when he appeared again, he was within an arm's length from Ao Baixue, shrouded in Buddhism energy. In close proximity, Ao Baixue received the full force blow from an Earthen Buddha Palm attack.

Ao Baixue was flustered and shocked.

"Night of the Fallen Sun!" He hastened to counter in panic, both fists punching out. When his two fist imprints materialized, the surroundings instantly fell into darkness, whereas Ao Baixue conveniently concealed himself in that darkness.

This was one of the moves within the Almighty Falling Sun Fist used for defense and was one the more difficult moves to master, for one must have a deep understanding of the the connection and fusion between day and night before achieving any success.

If one could cultivate this move until perfection, once displayed, it was powerful enough to instantly turn daylight into night in a large area. Of course, this battle skill was only possible for Saint realm experts, who had a certain understanding of the space laws.

With Ao Baixue concealed in the darkness, Huang Xiaolong's Earthen Buddha Palm missed its target, but Huang Xiaolong merely sneered. The Eye of Hell opened on his forehead, almost immediately locking onto Ao Baixue's silhouette. A finger imprint flew out, shattering the darkness created by Night of the Fallen Sun, penetrating Ao Baixue's body.

Ao Baixue grunted in pain, falling out from the cover of darkness. His face totally void of color.

"You, actually can see me?!" He stared at Huang Xiaolong, refusing to accept the fact. He was very confident in the Night of the Fallen Sun that he cast. In general, not even Second Order Saint realm could tell his position when concealed within the darkness. Earlier, if it weren't for his Saint realm space acting as a barrier and absorbing half of the power of Huang Xiaolong's attack, that seemingly insignificant finger attack from Huang Xiaolong would have reaped his life away, piercing through his heart.

Huang Xiaolong remained coldly silent, two bright lights flickered in his palms, revealing the Blades of Asura.

The Blades of Asura slashed out, myriad blade lights turned into links of chains numbering in the thousands, encaging the space around Ao Baixue. Unable to dodge and having no place to retreat, unnerved, Ao Baixue hollered: "Scorn of the Falling Snow!"

White-colored flames flared high up, flaming snowflakes could be seen falling from the sky above like flakes of icy burning snow, spiraling to the earth, forming a protective barrier around Ao Baixue.

Countless Death God's Chains wrapped him layer upon layer, deadly locking down space all around Ao Baixue, imprisoning him. In a rapid flicker, Huang Xiaolong's body blurred, appearing above Ao Baixiue's head, the Blades of Asura slashed down on him. Streaks of angry lightning bolts exploded, piercing through his flaming snow protective barrier.

Losing his protective barrier, Ao Baixue's body was shredded and torn apart by the many streaks of lightning, regardless of the Saint realm space shielding him, the pain he suffered was no less than being flayed by millions of swords and knives. Heart-wrenching screams reverberated in the air, losing strength, Ao Baixue plummeted to the ground.

Huang Xiaolong slowly returned to the ground, landing in front of Ao Baixue, showing a deadpanned expression looking at the blade made blood-stained marks on Ao Baoixue. Lightning smokes curled to the air.

Though a Saint realm expert could use the Saint realm space to protect their body, it was not invincible, merely a sturdier defense. As long as the attack exceeded a certain power, the Saint realm space could be broken just the same.

Ao Baixue scrambled to get up from the ground. Despite his miserable appearance, he flashed Huang Xiaolong a brilliant smile, "I never imagined that I, Ao Baixue, would die in the hands of a Xiantian." His words paused here slightly, his smile grew bigger, "But, Huang Xiaolong, even if I die, Deities Templar will still send others to kill you, and I believe that one day you will die in the hands of our Holy Maiden!"

"Holy Maiden?"

Looking at Huang Xiaolong's expression, Ao Baixue said, "I forgot to tell you, Li Lu is already our Deities Templar's Holy Maiden!"

Chapter 336: Senior Huang

Deities Templar's Holy Maiden? A frown creased Huang Xiaolong's forehead looking at Ao Baixue, his instinct told him that Ao Baixue wasn't lying.

Li Lu actually became the Holy Maiden of Deities Templar, what was this about? Huang Xiaolong quivered with an ominous feeling inside.

Ao Baixue's sudden holler cut into Huang Xiaolong's thoughts. Turning over, he saw Ao Baixue's Saint realm space shoot up, hovering above Huang Xiaolong's head, where numerous flaming snowflakes fell like an avalanche, burying Huang Xiaolong underneath.

Even a Second Order Saint realm expert would avoid coming in close contact with this flaming snow, any Xiantian realm would be melted into nothing with the slightest touch.

Ao Baixue glared at Huang Xiaolong, his eyes shining with hatred and sharp killing intent.

"Die!!!" He refused to believe that a miracle would happen twice, a Xiantian realm absolutely could not survive being buried under his flaming snow.

Just as the snow avalanche began rumbling down, Huang Xiaolong raised his head, and before Ao Baixue could react, a golden ember fire burst out from Huang Xiaolong's body, taking shape in the form of a golden red fire dragon, spiralling upwards. Ao Baixue watched stupefied as his flaming snow was swallowed clean by the golden red fire dragon.

The golden red fire dragon continued upward, colliding with the snow white Saint space realm.

Zi! A sonorous boom resounded, the Saint realm space shook, emitting wisps of smoke plumes endlessly as its size shrank. Ao Baixue lost all color from his face, hardly disguising the obvious shock in his eyes.

His Saint realm space was actually being burned? What the f*ck is this fire?!

Huang Xiaolong ignored the horror in Ao Baixue's eyes, fully pushing the true fire essence in his dantian and making it burn more vigorously. The golden red fire dragon, shaped from the true essence fire, wound itself tightly around Ao Baixue's Saint realm space, eating it away.

A Saint realm space's defense was extremely sturdy, after all, it was formed from a Saint realm expert's understanding of the space law. Under usual circumstances, even the flames formed by a high-level Saint realm expert could not hack away other Saint realm experts' Saint realm space, but Huang Xiaolong's true essence fire could.

Ao Baixue attempted to recall his Saint realm space back into his body, but Huang Xiaolong's palm struck out, a golden palm imprint distorted the space. Ao Baixue actually found that he couldn't move at all.

This?! He was greatly shocked. In the next moment, however, warm liquid rushed up his throat, he was spurting blood from his mouth. Ao Baixue quickly looked up, only to discover that his Saint realm space was gone, burned away to nothingness by Huang Xiaolong's fire dragon.

Bottomless despair intertwined with terror in Ao Baixue's eyes.

To a Saint realm warrior, their Saint realm space was equivalent to a second life, if their Saint realm space was destroyed, the dire consequences were much worse than a Xiantian realm warrior having their Qi Sea destroyed. Even with the help of another Saint realm expert, it was impossible to rebuild the Saint realm space, as they lacked the capability to assist. In short, if Ao Baixue managed to survive, his cultivation would suffer a severe setback and have no hope of promotion ever again in his entire lifetime.

After burning away Ao Baixue's Saint realm space, Huang Xiaolong's silhouette blurred in a flicker, arriving in front of Ao Baixue. The Blades of Asura appeared in his hands and silently slit across Ao Baixue's throat.

Blood dyed the ground below red.

Ao Baixue clutched his throat, but Huang Xiaolong's blades already penetrated his chest. The blades shook a little before Huang Xiaolong pulled them out again. Ao Baixue wobbled unsteadily and staggered backwards even as he tried to steady himself.

Still, with his throat slit and heart cut into halves, Ao Baixue was somehow still alive. Furthermore, Huang Xiaolong sensed a strong vitality desperately healing Ao Baixue's wounds in his throat and heart.

Saint realm warriors, not only was their physical defense formidable, their healing ability wasn't far behind.

Seeing this result, Huang Xiaolong leaped up, his palm enshrouded in true essence fire, slamming down on top of Ao Baixue's head. The true essence fire spread from the head down to Ao Baixue's body.

Tragic shrieks came from Ao Baixue's throat, but it ended just as quickly. A short while later, his body slumped to the ground, all signs of life vanished. To totally kill a Saint realm warrior, the only way was to destroyed the soul, otherwise, no matter how grave their bodily injuries were, they would still not die.

Just like giant ghost Feng Yang, it would only die if its ghost soul was destroyed. But then again, a Saint realm warrior's soul was quite formidable too. Luckily, Huang Xiaolong had the true essence fire, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to kill Ao Baixue.

Huang Xiaolong looked at Ao Baixue's corpse, and after a small thought, he moved the corpse into the Asura Ring. In fact, he wanted to test if it could be refined by the Thousand Beast Cauldron inside the Linglong Treasure Pagoda.

'En, if it can be refined, it would surely be very beneficial', Huang Xiaolong secretly thought.

Divine grade spirit pellets were refined from many rare spirit elixirs. In the Martial Spirit World, someone who used Saint realm warriors as an ingredient for refining pellets had yet to appear...

Then, Huang Xiaolong turned around, facing Fan Yiming's group of Wind God Cult, as well as Wu Feng's group of ministers.

Fan Yiming, Wu Feng, and the rest quivered when they noticed Huang Xiaolong looking at them. The legs that could shatter a large boulder with a single kick now felt weak and jittery, refusing to stand up no matter how hard they tried, as if their legs were permanently cramped.

Huang Xiaolong sneered. With a single step, he was already in front of Fan Yiming. Fan Yiming, Wufeng, and the rest were so scared seeing the distant Huang Xiaolong suddenly appear right in front of them that their knees gave out with a snap, kneeling on both legs.

"Se−Senior, Senior Huang!" The Wind God Cult's Leader, Fan Yiming, stammered, the expression on his face was as if he had seen a ghost. Wu Feng's head was so low that he was practically kissing the ground. He was tongue-tied, his mouth opened and closed but no words came out. The Luo Tong Kingdom ministers that followed him didn't know what to say either.

Listening to the Wind God Cult's Leader, Fan Yiming, calling him Senior, Huang Xiaolong smiled brilliantly at him, "What's the matter?"

Fan Yiming blanked at Huang Xiaolong's beaming smile, millions of words were all stuck in his throat. After a brief moment of blankness, he hurried forward, crawling on his hands and knees until he reached Huang Xiaolong's feet, "Senior Huang, I beg you, spare us! We were only against Prince Lu Kai because Deities Templar threatened us, I...!"

"Is that so?" Huang Xiaolong cut short Fan Yiming's words. Lifting a finger, Fan Yiming's forehead was pierced with a finger-sized hole, blood spurted to the ground. Fan Yiming tumbled down without another word.

Wind God Cult's Elders all turned deathly pale. Huang Xiaolong was smiling one second and killed their Wind God Cult Leader the next, some even had dark wet patches on the ground underneath them.

Detecting the distasteful smell, Huang Xiaolong frowned. His finger stabbed the void. In that instant, several Wind God Cult Elders' heads were pierced through and through. Without another word, Huang Xiaolong killed all the present Wind God Cult Elders.

Finally, Huang Xiaolong turned to Wu Feng. By this time, Wu Feng was already terrified out of his mind. Losing interest, Huang Xiaolong resolved Wu Feng swiftly. Initially, he had planned to play around a little, but since Wu Feng had already lost his mind, then forget it. The group of Luo Tong Kingdom's ministers, however, Huang Xiaolong was too lazy to be bothered with them so he pushed them over to Lu Kai, letting him handle them.

When Huang Xiaolong once again stood in front of him, Lu Kai looked at Huang Xiaolong for a very long time with complex emotions, before finally uttering such a sentence: "Your mother, you super monstrous freak! This is too much of a blow to me!"

Truly, the strength Huang Xiaolong had shown earlier was too big of blow towards Lu Kai's 'fragile' heart.

Huang Xiaolong merely chuckled at his words.

Chapter 337: Back To Duanren Imperial City

After the battle, Huang Xiaolong and Lu Kai were no longer in the mood to talk about old days. Looking at the ruined shops and streets due to his battle with Ao Baixue, especially the destroyed Delicious Restaurant, Huang Xiaolong waved his hands and a shower of gold coins rained down, falling right in front of the Delicious Restaurant boss.

Looking at the pile of gold coins the size of a small hill, the restaurant boss was stunned. Then, he trembled with excitement, both hands shaking visibly. From afar, he kowtowed endlessly in gratitude toward Huang Xiaolong.

Watching this, Lu Kai laughed at Huang Xiaolong, "Damn, you kid shouldn't be such a spendthrift even if you're rich." Even though Huang Xiaolong wanted to compensate the restaurant boss, that small hill pile of gold coins was enough for ten Delicious Restaurants.

Huang Xiaolong smiled and retorted, "I've always been this spendthrift." To Huang Xiaolong, gold coins were just figures.

Merely the number of gold coins he had gotten from the spatial rings of the Xiantian realm warriors he killed throughout this journey was enough to pave all the streets in the Luo Tong Royal City. Especially the two spatial rings belonging to the Blood Dragon City's Li Li and Du Huagang that Huang Xiaolong killed in the Ghost City, the amount of gold coins inside their spatial rings was piled mountain high and several miles long.

In the end, Huang Xiaolong stayed one night in the Luo Tong Royal City.

The next day, Huang Xiaolong and Feng Yang moved separately to clean out all the Wind God Cult remnants around the Royal City. When that matter was settled, he regrouped with giant ghost Feng Yang and continued on their way back to Duanren Imperial City.

On the way, Huang Xiaolong decided to check Ao Baixue's spatial ring. Inside, other than mountains of gold coins, there were a lot of grade eight, grade nine, and even grade ten spirit pellets. There were even three heaven grade spirit pellets, but none were of divine grade.

What came as a pleasant surprise to Huang Xiaolong were the sixty plus grade one spirit stones that he found amongst the items. Although Huang Xiaolong's battle qi had enhanced significantly in the recent months, the consumption still too large to enable the Godly Mt. Xumi to fly, as well as initiate the Thousand Beast Cauldron inside the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. With those grade one spirit stones he would have an easier time. Sixty plus pieces weren't much, but it was sufficient for a period of time.

After leaving the Luo Tong Kingdom, Huang Xiaolong traveled at a moderate pace, while practicing the Godly Xumi Art, Asura Tactics, and other techniques while attempting to use the Thousand Beast Cauldron to refine Ao Baixue's corpse.

Of course, Huang Xiaolong did not relax his practice of the Ancient Puppetry Art and Soul Mandate. After battling with Saint realm experts like Zhao Chen and Ao Baixue, Huang Xiaolong realized ever more the crucial importance of a strong soul.

After one broke through to the Saint realm, as long as the soul was not destroyed, one would be immortal, so to speak. Therefore, Huang Xiaolong made every effort to continuously enhance his spirit and soul.

Amidst all these, what baffled Huang Xiaolong was that the Thousand Beast Cauldron was unable to refine Ao Baixue's body. There were no changes to Ao Baixue's corpse in the last few days except for one thing: it became translucent, resembling crystal, and Huang Xiaolong actually felt that Ao Baixue's physical body was stronger than it was before...

"This...?" Huang Xiaolong was astonished when he found out. Did this mean that the Thousand Beast Cauldron could also be used to temper one's physique?

In the past, Huang Xiaolong had only used the Thousand Beast Cauldron to refine pellets, it had never crossed his mind that the cauldron could be used to temper his body.

Sensing the change in Ao Baixue's corpse, Huang Xiaolong appeared inside the Linglong Treasure Pagoda in a flicker, dived into the Thousand Beast Cauldron, and used a grade one spirit stone as energy source to activate the Heaven and Earth Origin Reverting Array inside the cauldron.

One day later when Huang Xiaolong emerged from the Thousand Beast Cauldron, he confirmed that his flesh was much stronger. From his meridians to his Qi Sea and internal organs, every part of him was strengthened.

This discovery came as a pleasant surprise to Huang Xiaolong. Although he didn't manage to refine Ao Baixue's corpse, he accidentally discovered a new function of the Thousand Beast Cauldron. If he continued to use the Thousand Beast Cauldron to temper his body, his flesh, defense, and strength could be enhanced continuously, becoming more powerful.

Although a strong soul and spirit were at the top of Huang Xiaolong's list before breaking into the Saint realm, the body was equally important.

Cultivating as he made his way towards the Duanren Imperial City, it merely took Huang Xiaolong seven days to reach his destination, otherwise, with his speed, he would barely need three days to travel the distance.

Seven days later, Huang Xiaolong stood before the gates of Duanren Imperial City, a wash of nostalgia tugged at his heart looking at the grand city gates. A while later, Huang Xiaolong passed through the gates with giant ghost Feng Yang and led him to the Southern Hill Estate.

It had been close to two years since he left home. Time flowed by so quickly, he felt as it was only yesterday when he left Duanren Imperial City.

But, when Huang Xiaolong walked along the Imperial City streets, he noticed that it was livelier than usual, people filling every street, carts and carriages looked like a hundred miles long dragon, crowds made their way in groups after groups towards the north side of the Imperial City.

Huang Xiaolong became curious.

"This brother, what is happening? Why are there so many people moving towards the north side?" He called out to a passerby young man and inquired.

The young man scrutinized Huang Xiaolong up and down with a strange expression on his face, "Don't you know? Today is the last day of this year's Imperial City Battle."

"Imperial City Battle?" Huang Xiaolong was slightly stunned, then he shook his head as a faint smile emerged on his face.

'I wonder how Xie Puti, that guy, is doing...'

The young man that was stopped by Huang Xiaolong to ask questions noticed that Huang Xiaolong stood there daydreaming, so he went off in a huff, ignoring Huang Xiaolong after throwing a word at Huang Xiaolong: "Idiot!"

Idiot...? Huang Xiaolong smiled bitterly, this was his first time being labeled as an idiot. Alas, Huang Xiaolong left the place, heading straight to the Southern Hill Estate.

Very soon, Huang Xiaolong and giant ghost Feng Yang stood in front of the doors of the Southern Hill Estate.

The main entrance of the Southern Hill Estate was twice as big compared to the time he left two years ago. Most likely it was renovated after Huang Xiaolong left, the two lion statues on each side of the gates looked imposing and domineering.

"It's Young Master, it's the Eldest Young Master, Eldest Young Master is back~!!" At this point, the guard stationed in front of the Southern Hill Estate recognized Huang Xiaolong and started announcing happily at the top of his lungs.

The instant the guard's voice rang out, the whole Southern Hill Estate boiled up with excitement.

A flurry of footsteps sounded from afar.

Huang Peng and Su Yan were seen rushing haphazardly towards the main door, right behind them were Huang Xiaohai, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and a group of loyal guards.

Huang Xiaolong watched the overjoyed expression on his parents face as they rushed out as fast as they could, and inexplicably, his eyes moistened.

"It's Long'er, it's Long'er, really, Long'er is back!!" Su Yan beamed the moment she spotted Huang Xiaolong, rushing to be the first one to arrive at the door before anyone else, pulling Huang Xiaolong into a hug.

"Long'er you're finally back!" She sobbed.

Huang Xiaolong's sight was slightly hazy, he nodded. Ardently.

It was a long time before Su Yan was willing to let go of Huang Xiaolong.

"Father." Huang Xiaolong turned to his father at the side.

Huang Peng's eyes were slightly moist and red: "It's good you're back."

"Big brother." Huang Xiaohai stepped up, calling out.

Huang Xiaolong patted his younger brother's shoulder. His younger brother had grown much taller.

"Young Lord!" When all the family members finished their greetings, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu stepped forward, saluting Huang Xiaolong respectfully.

Watching everyone presentーhis parents, younger brother, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and the rest, a warm feeling flowed into his heart.

Chapter 338: Begin, Refining the Ghost King Ring

"Let's go back to the manor." Huang Xiaolong said to the present people.

Thus, his parents, Huang Peng and Su Yan, as well as the others, walked back inside. Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu followed behind, whereas Feng Yang trailed close to Huang Xiaolong.

It was only at this moment that Huang Peng, Su Yan, Zhao Shu, and Zhang Fu became aware of Feng Yang's presence among them.

When everyone was seated in the grand hall, Su Yan was the first to ask, "Long'er, this is?" looking at the giant 'man' standing behind Huang Xiaolong.

Feng Yang's four-meter-tall stature roused their curiosity.

Huang Xiaolong smiled at them, explaining simply: "This is a ghost I took in from the Bedlam Lands."

"Ghost!" Everyone was aghast hearing that.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, emphasizing: "A Saint realm ghost."

"Saint realm ghost!!" Another wave of shock.

Huang Xiaolong taking in a ghost entity was shocking enough for them, it would never have crossed their mind that this ghost could be a Saint realm cultivator!

What a Saint realm expert represent, everyone present was well aware. In the current Duaren Empire, how many Saint realm experts were there, they could be counted on one hand.

Huang Xiaolong went on to add: "He's called Feng Yang." Then he turned to Feng Yang, "Feng Yang, greet House Master and Mistress." Introducing Huang Peng and Su Yan both to him.

Entirely covered in a large black cloak, Feng Yang nodded in understanding, then he stepped forward to give Huang Peng and Su Yan a proper salute. Panicking slightly, not knowing what to do, Huang Peng and Su Yan quickly told him to rise.

Although in recent years both Huang Peng and Su Yan had seen quite a few large occasions, this was still the first time either of them received a salute from a Saint realm ghost.

Getting up, Feng Yang once again returned, standing in the same spot behind Huang Xiaolong in a respectful manner. Everyone was amazed watching this, wondering how Huang Xiaolong had managed to take in a Saint realm ghost as a slave.

"Long'er, have you been well these two years in the Bedlam Lands?" A while later, Su Yan asked.

Huang Xiaolong did not conceal the events in the Bedlam Lands, roughly describing the situation of the two years he spent there. Hearing how Huang Xiaolong managed to take control of the Sky Magi Sect, Blood Swallow School, and finally, Black Demon City, Huang Peng and Su Yan's hearts tensed up, yet they were happy for their son at the same time.

Then, it came to the part in the City of Myriad Gods, where he had a conflict with Zhao Chen, where Zhao Chen's subordinates tried to attack Huang Xiaolong. Everyone listening had their hearts hanging in the air. At the mention of how He Yunxiong, one of the top ten Bedlam Lands' experts helped him solve the immediate crisis, everyone sighed in relief, happy that Huang Xiaolong managed to avoid unnecessary problems.

Another burst of joy spread over the small group at Huang Xiaolong's adventures down the Broken Tiger Rift, listening to how he refined the spiritual energy fish, swallowing the nameless fire fruit, and divine grade spirit pellets, greatly enhancing his strength.

However, when it came to the Ghost City and Ghost King Palace, Huang Xiaolong glazed over the details, without recounting the matter of his second battle with Zhao Chen. Merely saying that he entered the Ghost King cultivation cave and managed to find the Ghost King's Ring. Everyone in the hall were people that Huang Xiaolong trusted, thus he did not conceal the fact that he got the Ghost King Ring from them, and wasn't worried that the matter would leak out.

After recounting his experience in the Bedlam Lands, Huang Xiaolong asked his parents about their lives, the Southern Hill Estate's current situation, and also about his younger sister, Huang Min's well-being.

Huang Xiaolong breathed in relief knowing that nothing much happened to the Southern Hill Estate for the past two years. His sister Huang Min was doing well after marrying over to the Guo Family, and would frequently come back to visit them. His parents also told him that his sister Huang Min gave birth to a chubby baby boy, which already knew how to walk.

Huang Xiaolong was very happy for his sister.

Then Huang Xiaolong took out the rare elixirs he found at the bottom of Broken Tiger Rift, dividing them between his parents, younger brother, even Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, Yu Ming, Haotian, and Fei Hou.

Though his parent's talent was limited, the chances of them stepping into Xiantian realm being slim, these elixirs could change a person's flesh and body. At the very least, for the time being, his parents could live up to a hundred, maybe even surpassing a century.

Moreover, Huang Xiaolong believed that within a hundred year's time he could break through to God Realm. As long as his parents were still alive at that time, he would have a way to let his parents breakthrough to Xiantian realm.

Soon, everyone dispersed from the grand hall and Huang Xiaolong returned to his own yard. There, he called for Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu to assist him in refining the Ghost King Ring. When both of them arrived, Huang Xiaolong brought them into the Godly Mt. Xumi's space and took out the Ghost King Ring.

Looking at the translucent ring, emitting a soft purplish glow, both Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu had a dignified expression on their faces. With their high-level Saint realm strength, both could tell with a glance that the ban on this Ghost King Ring was not simple.

"Let's begin." Huang Xiaolong said while running the battle qi in his Qi Sea, at the same time, directing the true essence fire inside his dantian.

Seeing this, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu both pushed their battle qi with every effort, each placed a palm against Huang Xiaolong's back, transferring the battle qi from their bodies into Huang Xiaolong. Instantly, Huang Xiaolong's brocade robe fluttered, rising at the hems as he crazily channeled battle qi and true essence fire into the Ghost King Ring.

The Ghost King Ring shook and a purple light beam shot skyward, at the same time, the cries and howls of thousands of evils spirits sounded in the trio's ears, echoing throughout the entire temple hall.

If they weren't inside the Godly Mt. Xumi at this time, perhaps they would be alarming all the experts in the vicinity of the Duanren Imperial City.

Following the deafening cries of thousands of evil spirits, a surging powerful energy seemed to be breaking out from within the Ghost King Ring. Sensing this, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's expressions became heavy, fully focusing on transferring battle qi into Huang Xiaolong's body, not daring to risk the slightest negligence.

Huang Xiaolong too wore a grim face, borrowing Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's battle qi to suppress the unknown power from breaking out.

However, as time passed, this scary powerful energy became stronger and more violent, showing signs of overpowering the three people's combined suppression, so much that Huang Xiaolong was forced to summon the twin dragon martial spirits and soul transforming.

Behind him Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu followed, summoning their martial spirits and soul transformed.

Their battle qi was enhanced after the soul transformation, successfully containing the potential outbreak. Seconds later, humming noises came from the Ghost King Ring.

Huang Xiaolong was ecstatic hearing it, it meant the first ban placed on the ring was broken!

Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu also had joyous expressions on their faces.

Riding on the first success, the three of them soldiered on, breaking the second, third, and the fourth ban on the ring. But, the further down they went, the harder it was to break the next ban. By the time they successfully broke the sixth ban, three long hours had passed. Huang Xiaolong noticed that the two evil dragons carving on the Ghost King Ring had turned bright red as if it was dipped in blood. Not only that, their eyes were glowing red, giving an extremely eerie feeling.

Ten hours passed. When Huang Xiaolong broke the tenth ban, the two evil dragons on the Ghost King Ring transformed into ethereal entities, flying away from the ring. Before Huang Xiaolong, Zhao Shu, and Zhang Fu understood what was happening, the two evil dragons disappeared between Huang Xiaolong's eyebrows, entering his body.

Huang Xiaolong stiffened, his eyes turned glowing red like the evil dragons' in an instant. An overwhelming power took over Huang Xiaolong's consciousness in the blink of an eye while destroying every part of his meridians.

Pain, so painful!

Huang Xiaolong couldn't endure any more, his head threw back roaring in pain.

"Sovereign!!" Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu were aghast at the sudden turn of event. Just as they came close to Huang Xiaolong, the terrifying energy possessing Huang Xiaolong's body released a bout of energy, sending them flying back, spurting blood from their mouths.

Chapter 339: Absorbing the Ghost King Dan

Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu were dumbfounded.

That shocking power just now... God Realm?!! It was the power of a God Realm master! Both of them were high-level Saint realm warriors, and not the average Tenth Order Saint realm either, yet facing against the surge of power, both Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu could not even summon the courage to resist.

The only explanation for this was a God Realm master's power!

By this point, every inch of Huang Xiaolong's skin looked like it was doused in red blood. From his eyes to his neck, down to both arms, red fiendish patterns snaked underneath the surface of his skin, looking extremely grim and horrifying. The entire time, the agonizing pain continued to attack Huang Xiaolong internally.

Huang Xiaolong clutched at his head, his hoarse voice howling in pain.

Watching this, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu exchanged a glance, both leaped toward Huang Xiaolong, wanting to pull his arms away from his head, and at the same time, attempting to suppress the terrifying energy wreaking havoc in Huang Xiaolong's body. But when they came in contact with Huang Xiaolong's arm, they were once again flung away by the overwhelming power inside Huang Xiaolong's body. This time, both were repelled much farther, slamming into the walls of the Xumi Temple.

It took some effort for Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu to get back on their feet.

All of a sudden, Huang Xiaolong's anguished howls stopped. Watching Huang Xiaolong, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu saw a red flame spread over him, wrapping Huang Xiaolong's body like a layer of protection. When this red flame emerged, Huang Xiaolong's meridians and flesh, that were damaged by the invading power, started to heal. As the red flame burned, a layer of thick callous membrane formed on the surface of Huang Xiaolong's skin.

Similar to a phoenix's nirvana, reborn from the ashes, Huang Xiaolong's body started to exude a throbbing vitality. The glaring red devil patterns under his skin gradually receded and dissipated.

Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu looked at each other with shock at the baffling change happening before their eyes. But before they could relax, the red devil patterns resurfaced, accompanied by the scary power's return. Huang Xiaolong started to howl from pain, clutching his head.

A short while later, the burst of vitality appeared once more.

The red devil patterns disappeared.

The process repeated for a total of ten times.

After the tenth time, the red devil patterns truly subsided, while the vitality continued to radiate from Huang Xiaolong's body, vigorous, abundant, so powerful that both Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu lacked the vocabulary to describe the atmosphere.

Although he was standing there, Huang Xiaolong gave off the feeling that he was a different person altogether.

Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu exchanged another doubtful glance, cautiously moving closer to Huang Xiaolong.

"Sovereign, are you alright?" Zhao Shu asked, observing carefully Huang Xiaolong's expression and movements.

Huang Xiaolong looked over, those scarlet eyes looking at them actually caused Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu to shudder when meeting them. However, very quickly, the scarlet redness in Huang Xiaolong's eyes receded.

"I am fine." Huang Xiaolong shook his head. He endured it!

Recalling the purgatory torture he experienced, a cold shiver ran through Huang Xiaolong involuntarily. In the last hours, his meridians were ravaged, shattered, and then healed, time and again. This was more horrendous and harrowing than being skinned alive.

"Sovereign, are you... really alright?" Zhang Fu stepped up beside Zhao Shu, asking for confirmation once more.

Noticing the concern in Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's eyes, he smiled, "I'm alright, what could happen to me?" Not only there was no problem with his body, it felt even better than it had ever been.

Coming out from that ordeal, he noticed two things: his battle qi cultivation broke through to the peak of half-Saint, and second, the true essence in his dantian enhanced by leaps and bounds. His overall physical defense greatly surpassed the level of an average Saint realm warrior.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong's expression that carried a resemblance to his normal self, both Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu's hanging hearts finally relaxed.

"Sovereign, that power earlier...?" Zhao Shu asked.

"Most likely a vestige of power that the Ghost King imbued into the ring when he refined it." Huang Xiaolong pondered the question and replied Zhao Shu.

Although it was merely a weakened strand of power left behind by the Ghost King, it nearly obliterated Huang Xiaolong. If it weren't for his strong willpower and passable spiritual force, with both black and blue dragons protecting his soul, he would have lost himself in the pain, dying in the process.

"The Ghost King's strength actually reached such a terrifying level!" Zhang Fu lamented with envy.

A small amount of power that the Ghost King imbued into the Ghost King Ring many hundreds of thousands of years ago was enough to gravely injure them both, they could only try to imagine the extent of the Ghost King's true strength. If it weren't for the fact that a long time had passed, lessening the power, just now Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu would have ended up with more than simple grave injuries.

Subsequently, Huang Xiaolong gave each of them a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir. Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu expressed their thanks and Huang Xiaolong sent both of them out of the Godly Mt. Xumi. Taking their leave, both went into closed-door practice to heal.

After both had left, Huang Xiaolong began to look through the items inside the Ghost King Ring. Spreading his spiritual sense inside, what he found was a blood ocean!

Hovering above the blood ocean were a number of ghosts, but the strange thing was, instead of an intense ghost aura, these ghosts emitted a peaceful golden radiance. From those ghosts' bodies, Huang Xiaolong caught whiffs of vague fragrance.

The fragrance of spirit pellets!

Huang Xiaolong instantly understood, those large ghosts hovering above the blood ocean were all Ghost King Dans! The Ghost King Dans that had taken shape! Furthermore, each Ghost King Dan manifestation had reached the Saint realm in cultivation. Although none reached mid or high-level, they were still stronger compared to giant ghost Feng Yang, averaging at late-First Order Saint realm.

Excited, Huang Xiaolong took one of the Ghost King Dan manifestations out from the blood ocean. The instant the ghost was out of the spatial ring, detecting Huang Xiaolong's presence, it lunged toward him without hesitation. Huang Xiaolong sneered, with a simple wave of his palm, he sent the ghost flying back.

If Huang Xiaolong was still a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order, he would have needed to exert a little more effort to subjugate this Saint realm ghost, but now, it was effortless. Huang Xiaolong caught up with the ghost in a flicker, an Earthen Buddha Palm struck accurately on the ghost's body. It's body flew out in a different direction.

Without any suspense, a short while later, the ghost surrendered, its body shrunk in size until it was a thumb-sized round pellet.

The pellet was claret red in colour, with a lustrous gloss over the surface, projecting a vague shadow from within, the shadow of the 'ghost' earlier.

Not wasting any time, Huang Xiaolong sat crossed-legged within the Ten Buddha Formation as he swallowed the pellet. Abundant surging energy filled Huang Xiaolong like great waves, spreading throughout his limbs and body. Huang Xiaolong concentrated all his effort into refining and absorbing the energy from the Ghost King Dan.

As he progressed, his Qi Sea started to evolve. The liquid battle qi in his Qi Sea began to condense like it was about to solidify, resembling diamond, reflecting soft sporadic glints of metallic golden.

The three mandates above Huang Xiaolong's Qi Sea were also shining with the same golden glints.

Strands of fiendish aura floated out from Huang Xiaolong's body, but they were quickly swallowed by the Ten Buddha Formation.

Two days and three nights later, Huang Xiaolong opened his eyes. Finally, he had fully absorbed one Ghost King Dan.

"So it's like this!" Huang Xiaolong exclaimed to himself.

After refining a Ghost King Dan, Huang Xiaolong finally understood why this legendary Ghost King Dan was said to be capable of helping half-Saints and peak half-Saints in breaking through to Saint realm.

Breaking through to the Saint realm was highly dependent on one's battle qi cultivation and would be hard to achieve, nearly impossible. At the same time, one must have certain space law comprehension, and this Ghost King Dan contained the Ghost King's enlightenment towards the space law. Refining and absorbing a Ghost King Dan would enable one to springboard on the Ghost King's space law comprehension, therefore greatly increasing one's chances of breaking into the Saint realm.

Chapter 340: Refining the Supreme Ghost Flag

However, even though the Ghost King Dan contained the Ghost King's space law comprehension, it didn't mean that one could breakthrough to Saint realm just by swallowing one or two Ghost King Dans. Saint realm territory was not that easy to enter.

Huang Xiaolong swept a glance over the 'ghosts' floating above the blood ocean inside the Ghost King Ring, a rough estimate gave Huang Xiaolong slightly over four hundred Ghost King Dans, if Huang Xiaolong absorbed all of them, it would probably be enough to propel him into the Saint realm.

Thus, Huang Xiaolong wasn't anxious to start with them, instead, he carefully scanned every nook and cranny within the Ghost King Ring's space. He found the Ghost King Dan, but what about the legendary Ghost King Sutra?

What bewildered Huang Xiaolong was that his spiritual sense had explored up, down, and sideways around the space, yet he didn't find any clue related to the secret cultivation skill.

In the next moment, Huang Xiaolong's eyes caught sight of the blood ocean once again. What about the bottom of the blood ocean?

When Huang Xiaolong's spiritual sense tried to explore the blood ocean, a dazzling light shot out and disintegrated Huang Xiaolong's spiritual sense. He had no way to check the bottom of the blood ocean.

A tiny frown formed between Huang Xiaolong's brows. He resorted to the Eye of Hell, the eerie red glow shone on the ring and inside it, but it only managed to penetrate ten zhang down from the surface of the ocean, unable to see further down. In the end, after many attempts, Huang Xiaolong could only give up for now.

'It seems like I need to try after breaking into the Saint realm.' Huang Xiaolong speculated in his mind. He then put away the Ghost King Ring and took out the Supreme Ghost Flag he got when he defeated Feng Yang on his way to the Ghost King's cultivation cave.

On the journey back, Huang Xiaolong focused on improving his Godly Xumi Art, Asura Tactics, as well as having a good time, which indirectly caused him to neglect this Supreme Ghost Flag. After refining the Supreme Ghost Flag and using it as the core to arrange the Sea of Devils and Ghosts Array, not only could it trap the enemies, it could also eliminate them.

Huang Xiaolong stood in the center of the Ten Buddha Formation after taking out the Supreme Ghost Flag. Slowly but surely, he erased the tool spirit inside the Supreme Ghost Flag using the Buddhism energy from the formation. When that was done, he extracted a drop of blood from his heart, dripping it onto the Supreme Ghost Flag, instantly, the thousands of devils and ghosts inside the flag came alive, shrill shrieks and howls echoed faintly from the flag. At the same time, the mysterious runes on the flagstaff glimmered in a dazzling light.

According to the method Feng Yang told him beforehand, Huang Xiaolong swiftly suppressed the ghost aura boiling from the ghost flag while he branded his own soul mark on the flag.

One day passed.

Suddenly, a bright light shone from the ghost flag, lighting up the entire temple hall. As the light dimmed, the sinister-looking inscriptions of devils and ghosts slowly quieted down.

Seeing this, Huang Xiaolong breathed out in relief.

After a day's effort, he finally fully refined the Supreme Ghost Flag. Fortunately, he had first erased the tool spirit inside with the Ten Buddha Formation's support, otherwise he might not be able to refine this Supreme Ghost Flag even if he used ten days to half a month's time. Despite that, his battle qi and the true essence in his dantian were largely consumed in the process.

Hence, Huang Xiaolong swallowed a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir and executed the Instant Recovery martial ability, shimmering blue lights sparkled around Huang Xiaolong's body. A few seconds later, his expended battle qi and true essence recovered.

'I wonder how powerful it is...' Huang Xiaolong muttered curiously.

Huang Xiaolong exited the Xumi Temple. Arriving in his own little yard, he raised the Supreme Ghost Flag in the air.

The Supreme Ghost Flag descended from midair, the bottom end of the flagstaff fixed to the center of the yard. Huang Xiaolong ran his battle qi and the wicked, sinister devils and ghost drawings on the flag began to move, the mysterious runic patterns on the flagstaff started to glimmer. In that instant, monstrous ghost aura broke out like a flash flood out from the ghost flag. Accompanying the ghost aura were evils spirits and devils, one after another.

They appeared as if neverending. Each of them actually had the strength of a peak half-Saint ghost. At first, Huang Xiaolong was stunned, and then shock turned into delight.

Though these devils and evil spirits only had the strength of half-Saints, they triumphed in number. A First Order Saint realm wandering or getting lost inside the array would lose their life, no doubt. Even if the enemy was a Second Order Saint realm warrior, the array would be able to contain them for some time, they would be unable to get out.

Furthermore, this Supreme Ghost Flag's power could be enhanced, the more experts the ghost flag swallowed, the stronger it could become. After testing the Supreme Ghost Flag's power for an hour or so, Huang Xiaolong kept it away. Because Huang Xiaolong was careful to limit the area within his yard, the rumbling ghost aura did not alert anyone in the Southern Hill Estate.

Finished with what he wanted to do, Huang Xiaolong walked out of his yard toward the direction of the grand hall, but when he was passing by his younger brother Huang Xiaohai's yard, he heard sturdy blasts of punches hitting the air. His footsteps halted. With a direction change, Huang Xiaolong stood watching from the entrance of Huang Xiaohai's yard.

Huang Xiaohai, with his upper body naked, revealing a firm muscular torso, was practicing a set of fist skill called Heart Burrowing Fist, a mid-grade Earth rank battle skill. With Huang Family's current reputation and strength, it was not difficult to have Earth rank battle skills.

Hearing the sound of footsteps, Huang Xiaohai turned his head around, beaming when he saw Huang Xiaolong. Stopping his practice, he called out: "Big brother!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded while smiling, walking into the yard.

"I heard Dad and Mom say that you have a target of affection?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

Hearing this question, Huang Xiaohai's face turned red, fidgeting awkwardly.

"What's there to be shy about?" Huang Xiaolong laughed at his younger brother. Huang Xiaohai was already twenty this year, in Martial Spirit World, a young man would bring a bride home at the age of eighteen or nineteen.

"Come, let us brothers go out for a walk and drink some wine." Huang Xiaolong said.

All these years, other than practice, all Huang Xiaolong did was to practice even more. He spent very little time accompanying his parents and even less time given to this younger brother of his.

"Yes, Big brother!" Huang Xiaohai was very happy, sprinting off to put on clothes and stepped out of the Southern Hill Estate. Huang Xiaolong did not call for any guards with them, they were just two brothers spending time together.

All in all, the time spent by Huang Xiaohai in Duanren Imperial City was longer than Huang Xiaolong by far. All year round, Huang Xiaohai stayed in his yard, practicing, therefore he wasn't familiar with the Imperial City outside the four walls of the Southern Hill Estate.

While walking, Huang Xiaolong asked about Huang Xiaohai's practice, the problems he had, clarifying them to Huang Xiaohai one by one. Even though Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu would occasionally guide Huang Xiaohai, certain aspects of their battle qi comprehension were limited compared to Huang Xiaolong. Listening to Huang Xiaolong's explanation, Huang Xiaohai gained a deeper level of comprehension related to battle qi and his own cultivation.

The two brothers walked without direction as they talked, until an hour and a half later. Huang Xiaolong stopped in front of a restaurant called Happy Monarch House. From its outside appearance, this Happy Monarch House looked elegantly decorated, the lively atmosphere inside could be felt where they stood.

"How about this Happy Monarch Restaurant?" Huang Xiaolong looked at his younger brother.

The only two places he had been to in the past were the Unforgettable Intoxication Restaurant, where they had the Beauty Allure Wine, which he thought was not bad, and the other one was the Sapidity Wine House, which he visited with Xie Puti to drink Sapidity Wine.

"I heard that this Happy Monarch's Hometown Wine is quite good." Huang Xiaohai said.

"Hometown Wine?" Huang Xiaolong added another question, "You were here before?"

Huang Xiaohai shook his head, "I just randomly heard some of the estate guards speak about it."

Huang Xiaolong nodded, "Come on, let's go in."

The brothers walked in, went up to the first floor, searched for a table closer to the window and sat down. Calling the waiter over, they ordered some dishes and two jugs of Hometown Wine to see if it really was as good as the guards said.

Soon, the waiter brought their orders, filling the table with fragrant dishes and two jugs of wine.

Just when Huang Xiaolong wanted to uncork the wine, they heard loud noises of discussion from the next table.

"Did you hear, this year's Imperial City Battle's first place winner was a young man named Huo Ping. This Huo Ping's martial spirit is a top grade thirteen White Bear, just a young'un, twenty-two-year-old and already a Xiantian Second Order!"

"Some people say that this Huo Ping's talent exceeds that year's Young Noble Divine Dragon, Huang Xiaolong."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 1 25
I'm literally so emotional this is finished!
52.2K 1.3K 74
The title tells everything. [starts: 20180422 || ends: 20180511]
2.5K 65 17
kingdom au.
604 34 23
𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙄 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚. 𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣