Invincible

By Jepnox2nd

More

1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
181-200
201-220
241-260
261-280
281-300
301-320
321-340
341-360
361-380
381-400
401-420
421-440
441-460
461-480
481-500
501-520
521-540
541-560
561-580
581-600
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
681-700
701-720
721-740
741-760
761-780
781-800
801-820
821-840
841-860
861-880
881-900
901-920
921-940
941-980
961-980
981-1000
1001-1020
1021-1040
1041-1060
1061-1080
1081-1100
1101-1120

221-240

2.2K 66 4
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 221: Journeying to the Blessed Buddha Empire

Faint pain snaked through Huang Xiaolong's heart as he thought of Li Lu!

His hands clenched into tight fists as sharp determination flashed in his eyes. An intense energy exploded from Huang Xiaolong.

The Yao Family blocked him, he destroyed the Yao Family!

If Deities Templar blocks his path, he will destroy them just the same!

A day will come when he will make sure Deities Templar ends the same way as the Yao Family!

That day will come! Huang Xiaolong was resolute.

If things went according to his previous plan, he would enter Deities Templar's ranks during their disciple selection in about seven years time and then slowly gain control from within. If it went well, not only could he be with Li Lu, he would have the chance to enter and cultivate in the Divine World!

But he now vowed to destroy Deities Templar one day!

Yao Fei, even if you have Deities Templar behind you, you'd better flee to the ends of the world. I will kill you with my own hands! Huang Xiaolong's murderous aura peaked as the thought reverberated in his mind.

The priority now was to enhance his strength, frantically, as fast as he could. Otherwise, before he could even destroy Deities Templar, a mere Yao Fei was enough to pulverize him into nothing!

He must break through to the Saint realm!

The first step, break into the Saint realm, then kill Yao Fei!

Regardless of the uphill battle on the path leading to the Saint realm, then the God Realm, he was determined to walk down that road!

Saint realm! Huang Xiaolong repeated.

Huang Xiaolong was jolted by one hard fact while witnessing the battles in Duanren Institute with his own eyes between Zhao Shu, Li Molin, Emperor Duanren, as well as the other Saint realms experts―all was futile before a Saint realm warrior. The Saint realm was a paramount strength. In the eyes of those people, you were nothing but an ant on the ground even if you were a peak late-Xiantian Tenth Order expert!

"Now that Mom and Dad are safe, I should journey to the Blessed Buddha Empire in the next few days!" This trip to the Blessed Buddha Empire was inevitable and, like the Absolute Soul Pearl, he absolutely had to find and rein in the Godly Mt. Xumi.

Converging his thoughts and emotions, Huang Xiaolong initiated the God Binding Ring and entered the ancient battlefield to practice.

One month had passed since the Yao Manor was razed to the ground.

When Huang Xiaolong exited the ancient battlefield and came to the great hall, his parents, Huang Peng and Su Yan, and both younger siblings, Huang Min and Huang Xiaohai, were there.

Other than them, there were six other guestsㅡGuo Tai, Guo Shiyuan, Guo Chen, Guo Shiwen, Guo Zhi, and Guo Fei.

Amiable sounds of chatter and laughs sounded in the great hall, which halted awkwardly the instant the people within saw Huang Xiaolong walking in. Nearly everyone jumped to their feet, and the six members of Guo Family were apprehensive, including their Guo Family's Ancestor, Guo Chen.

"Young, Young Noble Huang!" Guo Family's Ancestor, Guo Chen stepped forward, greeting Huang Xiaolong in a deferential manner.

Huang Xiaolong glanced at Guo Chen and nodded indifferently. However, Guo Chen was feeling flattered that Huang Xiaolong was willing to nod at him.

Huang Xiaolong approached Huang Peng and Su Yan, greeting: "Father, Mother."

Both exposed a brilliant smile on their faces, "Xiaolong, you're here."

Huang Xiaolong nodded and persuaded them to sit as he walked towards the master seat in the hall. Only after he had sat down did Guo Chen and the Guo Family's side, Huang Min, and Huang Xiaohai return to their places.

"Xiaolong, the Guo Family came over today to discuss Guo Tai and Huang Min's wedding." After sitting down, Su Yan broached the topic with a smile on her face, "Senior Guo Chen said everything related to the wedding, from time, to other preparations will follow our wishes. What do you think?"

Guo Chen swiftly emphasized his willingness, "Yes, yes. The purpose of our visit today is to discuss the preparations for Guo Tai and Huang Min's wedding, what does Young Noble Huang think?"

Guo Tai stood up from his seat with completely tensed nerves..

Huang Xiaolong observed his younger sister Huang Min and noted that she too was looking at him nervously, hope and anticipation apparent on her small face as she waited for him to speak. She had heard about the conflict between the Guo Family and her Big brother. She also knew about Guo Tai's father, Guo Shiyuan, announcing the dissolution of her engagement with Guo Tai due to coercion from Guo Shiwen.

Huang Min was fearful the word coming out from Huang Xiaolong's mouth would be no.

If her big bro Huang Xiaolong disagreed, her relationship with Guo Tai would end without question.

In the silent hall, Guo Tai suddenly fell to his knees and kowtowed before Huang Xiaolong, "Big bro Huang, I implore you, I'm sincere towards Huang Min. If you allow us to be married, I swear I will treat her well and protect her with all my heart. I will use my life to love and protect her and definitely won't allow Huang Min to be wronged or unhappy!"

Guo Shiyuan also dropped onto his knees, "Young Noble Huang, the wrongdoer was me. You can punish me, but this matter is not related to Tai'er."

Then Guo Shiwen followed suit. Seeing their father's action, Guo Zhi and Guo Fei also knelt down on their knees in a frantic manner.

"Big brother... Guo Tai, he... " Huang Min couldn't resist speaking up as she looked pleadingly at Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong sighed in his heart, barely nodding as he replied to Huang Min. "This matter, you decide with Dad and Mom."

Hearing this, both Huang Min and Guo Tai's face lit up. Huang Xiaolong's meaning was evidentㅡhe agreed!

This also eased the heavy boulder weighing on Guo Chen's chest.

But Huang Xiaolong looked at Guo Tai, "However, if you fail to do what you claim and make Huang Min unhappy in the future, you know the consequences!"

"Big brother Huang, be rest assured that I will love and take care of Huang Min with my life and will not let her feel aggrieved!" Guo Tai vowed.

Huang Xiaolong nodded then remained in the great hall for a short while before heading back to his yard. There, he called for Zhang Fu, Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, Fei Hou, and Marshal Haotian.

When all were gathered, Huang Xiaolong spoke of his plans to travel to Blessed Buddha Empire.

"What? Sovereign, you plan to go to Blessed Buddha Empire alone?!" Zhang Fu, Zhao Shu, and everyone else was shocked.

"Correct." Huang Xiaolong nodded, attesting his decision.

"Sovereign, this- !" Zhang Fu and Zhao Shu exchanged a glance and wanted to dissuade but Huang Xiaolong shook his head and spoke decisively, "Say no more, I've made my decision. I'll travel to Blessed Buddha Empire alone."

Seeing this, Zhang Fu and the rest no longer said anything. The things Huang Xiaolong came to a decision on would not change. Neither Zhang Fu nor Zhao Shu could make him change his mind.

"I'm leaving the Southern Hill Estate and the rest in your hands." Huang Xiaolong continued, "Yu Ming and Fei Hou, both of you handle the Nine Tripod Commerce. If there's anything you cannot decide, then leave it to Zhang Fu and Zhao Shu."

"Please rest assured Sovereign!" The five answered in unison.

"Haotian, I've troubled you in taking care of them all the way from Luo Tong Kingdom till here." Huang Xiaolong said to Marshal Haotian.

"Sovereign, this is something Subordinate should do." Haotian insisted.

Huang Xiaolong nodded and delegated a few more tasks to them. A short while later, everyone dispersed.

When everyone had left, Huang Xiaolong thought of the little violet monkey. According to Marshal Haotian, the little violet monkey had traveled with them all the way from Luo Tong Kingdom. However, when they were attacked by Yao Fei's subordinates, the Huang Family were abducted, whereas the little violet monkey went missing.

I hope the little guy is alright. Huang Xiaolong thought inwardly.

Three days passed quickly.

In these three days, Huang Xiaolong tried to spend more time with his parents and siblings, only then did they find out Huang Xiaolong would be journeying to Blessed Buddha Empire. Although they were reluctant to part, especially Huang Peng and Su Yan, they knew there was something important their son needed to do, thus neither said anything more.

Huang Min and Guo Tai's wedding was set for the next year, at the end of the yearㅡa day before the Chinese New Year.

If Huang Xiaolong's plan went smoothly, he could very likely make it back in time to attend Huang Min and Guo Tai's wedding at the end of the next year.

Chapter 222: Blessed Buddha Altar

Three days later, Huang Xiaolong departed from the Southern Hill Estate, out of Duanren Imperial City, heading out in the Blessed Buddha Empire's direction.

Huang Peng, Su Yan, Huang Min, Huang Xiaohai, Zhang Fu, Zhao Shu, and the others stood outside the big gates of Duanren Imperial City, sending Huang Xiaolong off as they watched his figure grow smaller in the horizon and finally vanish from their view.

Su Yan's eyes grew misty with tears watching Huang Xiaolong's silhouette gradually become smaller, disappearing from her sight.

Since Huang Xiaolong was eight, the first time he left the Huang Clan Manor to train outside until now, ten years had passed. In these years, she and this son spent more time apart than together.

That year, even she had never imagined that her son would become a powerful existence in Duanren Empire in a mere decade's time, even Emperor Duanren held her son in high respect.

All of these were things she daren't even dream of a decade ago.

Emperor Duanren!

The existence worshipped by billions of Duanren Empire subjects.

"Let us return." After a long time, Huang Peng spoke and the group made their way back to the Southern Hill Estate.

Leaving Duanren Imperial City, Huang Xiaolong kept his travel southwards, reaching Duanren Empire's border a month later, totally stepping out of Duanren Empire land.

The first neighboring empire on the south side was Spring Faun Empire.

Spring Faun Empire's strength ranked at the lower end amongst the seventeen empires in Snow Wind Continent, considerably weaker than Duanren Empire, with less than eight hundred kingdoms under its monarchy. Hence, Spring Faun Empire's land area was only half as big as Duanren Empire's.

All along the way, Huang Xiaolong chose to travel on barren hills and secluded roads, rushing night and day.

Rarely would there be anyone on these routes, so he summoned the Black and Blue Dragons out. With a hop, he landed on either one of the twin dragons and flew forward.

With the twin dragons carrying him through the air, Huang Xiaolong's speed was much faster and very soon, he had cut through the Spring Faun Empire.

However, there were still three big empires' territories he needed to pass before arriving in the empire that sat on the southernmost point of the Snow Wind Continent, the Blessed Buddha Empire.

Since Huang Xiaolong chose to travel along the barren hills route, he did not come across any trouble along the way. At most, it was small time bandits with the highest strength of Houtian Tenth Order.

For the current Huang Xiaolong, a Houtian Tenth Order was nothing more than lifting a finger.

The passage of time flowed as Huang Xiaolong journeyed on, and in the blink of an eye, half a year passed.

In this half a year, Huang Xiaolong continued to practice his battle qi and internal force diligently, increasing his strength as much as possible.

Firstly, his battle qi had reached peak late-Xiantian Second Order and could advance into the Third Order any time soon, whereas his internal force had reached the turning point of Stage Nine: The Azure Dragon Flexing Its Claws. Entering Stage Ten was only a matter of days.

Night came. Moonlight shone down like bright ripples of water.

Somewhere on a barren hill, Huang Xiaolong sat next to a small bonfire, he took out a jug of Sapidity Wine from the Asura Ring and sipped down the wine slowly as he organized his thoughts. In twenty days or less, he would be arriving in Blessed Buddha Empire.

Blessed Buddha Empire! Huang Xiaolong breathed the name through his lips.

He had heard rumors claiming that Blessed Buddha Empire was built by a person called Tianfu from the Buddha World around a thousand years ago, and this founder, Tianfu, had been missing since. The person controlling the Blessed Buddha Empire at the moment was his disciple named Shi *Fantian [1. Fantian is often linked to Brahma, the Hindu God of Creation.]

Shi Fantian, a legendary name on Snow Wind Continent. It was said that Shi Fantian was born with an Innate Buddhist Physique, with Buddhist jade in his mouth that records a mighty skill, the Holy Prajna Scripture that only Shi Fantian with the Innate Buddhist Physique could practice.

"This trip there, I wonder if I can catch a glimpse of this Shi Fantian."

Before he started his journey, Huang Xiaolong inquired and understood that this Shi Fantian was a formidable person. When he took over the Blessed Buddha Empire one thousand years ago, he was already a Saint realm Second Order.

And Huang Xiaolong confirmed that if an outsider wanted to enter the Buddha Cavern, first and foremost, they must carry the Blessed Buddha Token. A Blessed Buddha Token was equivalent to Duanren Empire's Golden Token. Every piece of Blessed Buddha Token was bestowed personally by Shi Fantian himself.

There were only two pieces of Duanren Empire's Golden Token, but it wasn't so for the Blessed Buddha Token. Huang Xiaolong didn't know the actual number, but he gauged it wouldn't be lower than ten tokens.

Furthermore, he had no idea who held any one of these Blessed Buddha Tokens.

This made Huang Xiaolong frowned.

It was too early to worry about this, he would think of a way when he reached the destination.

The night passed. The next day morning, Huang Xiaolong continued on his way.

Half a month later, he finally arrived in Blessed Buddha Empire.

When he stepped onto the land, through the many cities he passed through, most of the building structures were related to Buddhism. There was at least one Buddhist temple on almost every street, some shops even had various designs of carved buddhas on their entranceway.

In the entire Blessed Buddha Empire, one could feel the deep core of Buddhism that was as thick as the smell of joss stick incense that permeated the air.

When he arrived in Blessed Buddha Empire, Huang Xiaolong inquired news about the Blessed Buddha Token as he headed in the direction of the Buddha Cavern.

The sacred cavern, or Buddha Cavern, was not located within the Imperial City which was on the south side, the Buddha Cavern was located opposite of it, on the north side.

One sits in the south and the other guards the north, asymmetry of resonance.

After another month's time, Huang Xiaolong reached one of the main cities surrounding the Buddha Cavern called Northside Merchant City.

The Buddha Cavern was a forbidden land, especially for outsiders. Still, this Northside City thrived nonetheless. Entering the city, Huang Xiaolong was welcomed with a sight of long endless lines of carriages and a sea of bustling pedestrians, from monks in kasaya robes to the commoners in a myriad of different styled clothing, Daoist priests in Daoist robes, even nuns. It was truly an eclectic mix.

After Huang Xiaolong entered the city, he stopped when passing by a restaurant called Creek of Cloud and went in. Opting for a table near the window, he sat down and placed an order with the waiter.

"You heard it right, the sacred cavern's altar appeared again!"

"The Blessed Buddha Altar appeared again! It had already been more than three hundred years since it last emerged!"

"Yes, ah, every time the Blessed Buddha Altar appears, it means a mutation must've happened inside the Buddha Cavern. I wonder who would so so fortunate to be selected by the Blessed Buddha Altar this time, I heard that the person selected by the altar can have an audience with our Great Emperor and be granted one wish!"

At this time, sounds of excited discussions floated into Huang Xiaolong's ears.

His curiosity rose, his heart was tempted.

Blessed Buddha Altar?!

"Waiter," Huang Xiaolong called for the waiter.

"This Young Master, what orders do you have?" the waiter scurried over to Huang Xiaolong, bowing and smiling in a courteous manner.

Huang Xiaolong threw a money bag containing several hundred gold coins to the waiter, asking: "The Blessed Buddha Altar that they mentioned, what is it?"

Catching the bag, the waiter lightly bounced the bag of money in the curve of his palm and a brilliant smile bloomed on his face, "Young Master must be from somewhere outside Blessed Buddha Empire, no? This Blessed Buddha Altar was something left behind by our empire founder, Tianfu Emperor, appearing once every several dozen years or several hundred years. Anyone selected by the Blessed Buddha Altar is granted an audience with our Emperor Shi Fantian and could have one request fulfilled."

Huang Xiaolong listened and asked the waiter a few more questions related to the Blessed Buddha Altar. A while later, the waiter retreated, whereas Huang Xiaolong fell into pensiveness. According to what the waiter said, the person chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar would undergo a sanctification ritual by the sacred Buddhism energy within it, not only did it enhance one's cultivation, it was beneficial to one's cultivation path in the long term.

All of these weren't the most vital point, though; the most important of all was that Shi Fantian would grant the chosen person one request!

If he was chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar, with that promised one request he could smoothly enter the Buddha Cavern!

Hence, Huang Xiaolong decided, first thing tomorrow morning he would go and take a look at the Blessed Buddha Altar.

Chapter 223: Reaction from the Blessed Buddha Altar

It was a bright sunny morning the next day.

Huang Xiaolong stepped out of the inn, and out of the Northside Merchant City's city gates, walking where the Blessed Buddha Altar was located. According to the restaurant waiter, the Blessed Buddha Altar was right above the square in front of the Buddha Cavern entrance. It was rumored that the Blessed Buddha Altar awaits the fated person every time it appears and only disappears after one was selected.

This time, the Blessed Buddha Altar had been floating before the Buddha Cavern for one month. Due to the close distance between the Northside Merchant City and the Buddha Cavern, Huang Xiaolong soon arrived at the said square.

The huge square in front of the Buddha Cavern was named Thousand Blessings Square. Ten thousand Buddha statues lined the perimeter. Each statue was different, from expressions to positions, but there was one common denominator: all these statues were ten zhang tall!

By the time Huang Xiaolong reached Thousand Blessings Square, it was already crowded. Following the flow of the crowd, Huang Xiaolong slowly moved closer and finally stopped right in front of the Buddha Cavern entrance. From this angle, Huang Xiaolong could clearly see, right above the Buddha Cavern entrance, a squarish-shaped golden medallion floating in the air. was roughly a dozen cubic meters, densely carved with scenes that depicted a myriad of Buddhas on its many surfaces and some peculiar patterns of buddhism scriptures.

Up in the air, the golden medallion pulsated with rings of aureate glow, spreading the pure energy of Buddhism as far as a hundred zhang in its surroundings.

A sudden wave shot through the crowd at this time. "Look, that's the Luo Family's Luo Wuyi!"

Huang Xiaolong's gaze followed the general direction of the crowd and saw a young man in blue robe headed straight towards the golden medallion.

"Luo Wuyi, Luo Family's most talented genius in a thousand years, also one of the recent outstanding geniuses of our Blessed Buddha Empire. First-rank grade eleven martial spirit, Windfire Beast," enthusiastic discussions sounded amongst the crowd. "With Luo Wuyi's talent, it's very likely he would be selected by the Blessed Buddha Altar!"

In general, the higher one's martial spirit grade was, the higher one's talent was, and the higher one's chances of being chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar. In the past, every time the Blessed Buddha Altar appeared, the fated ones chosen were always geniuses with superb talent martial spirits. Then again, an exception had occurred once: the Blessed Buddha Altar chose a young man who possessed a grade ten martial spirit.

While the crowd buzzed, Luo Wuyi arrived at the Blessed Buddha Altar. When Luo Wuyi stood below the Blessed Buddha Altar, lucent battle qi light surged out from his body, and when he did so, the Blessed Buddha Altar seemed to resonate, releasing a glimmering glow of its own.

"Look, there's a reaction from the Blessed Buddha Altar!"

"It really seems like Luo Wuyi is the chosen one by the Blessed Buddha Altar!"

An uproar swept through the mass crowd, cries of excitement built up like waves.

When the Blessed Buddha Altar appeared, one needed to stand below it and release their battle qi. If they could trigger the Blessed Buddha Altar's resonance to break out in a shining beam of light reaching ten thousand zhang and the buddha carvings on all four sides to project images in the void above, without a doubt, that person was the fated one.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes narrowed watching this; if this Luo Wuyi was chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar, wouldn't that mean his plan of using this opportunity to meet Shi Fantian so that he could enter the Buddha Cavern just went down the drain? He would need to think of another method.

This was a troublesome result for him.

The brilliant light beaming from the buddha blessed altar continued to soar higher as Huang Xiaolong and the crowd looked on, even issuing a clear humming sound.

Seeing such a reaction from the Blessed Buddha Altar, even Luo Wuyi's was affected by rising anticipation and excited.

From past records, those that could triggered such a reactions and humming sounds from the Blessed Buddha Altar were very likely the fated one being chosen! Being chosen meant that one would be sanctified by the Buddhism power, he, Luo Wuyi, that had been stuck at peak late-Xiantian Third Order absolutely could break through to the Fourth Order.

Xiantian Fourth Order was a mid-level Xiantian warrior!

At that time, his status and position within the clan would be different.

Just when Luo Wuyi was immersed in his bubbling ecstasy, the initially rising aureate beam from Blessed Buddha Altar occluded. The rising beam of light dimmed and receded, gradually dissipating together with the clear humming.

The Blessed Buddha Altar returned to its prior calm state.

Luo Wuyi was dumbfounded.

So was everyone watching in the crowd for a full three seconds, before someone hissed in surprise.

Many were shaking their heads in pity, yet many more were laughing gleefully inside.

Luo Wuyi remained standing in the same spot looking slightly ugly, the joy and ecstasy he felt earlier vanished without a trace, replaced with unwillingness and annoyance.

"Luo Wuyi, since you're not chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar then roll down from there, don't block the spot!" at this time, a harsh arrogant voice sounded on the square.

"It's the Chen Family's genius, Chen Dingyuan!"

"The Chen and Luo Families are nemesis like fire and ice, moreover, Chen Dingyuan and Luo Wuyi have grudges between them. This time, Luo Wuyi wasn't chosen, he must be delighted!"

The crowd parted a small gap way for Chen Dingyuan to pass as whispers continued. Chen Dingyuan swaggered through the opening, exuding an atmosphere that made hearts palpitated, stopping ten meters in front of Luo Wuyi.

Luo Wuyi's face sank as he looked at the other side, "I wasn't chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar, do you think your average grade eleven martial spirits would be selected?"

A sharp glint flitted across Chen Dingyuan's eyes, retorting with a cold sneer, "Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean that I can't."

Luo Wuyi snorted yet he no longer spoke, emptying the spot underneath the Blessed Buddha Altar. He chose a spot on the side and waited to watch Chen Dingyuan's test.

The crowd and Huang Xiaolong's focus shifted onto Chen Dingyuan.

Chen Dingyuan walked up, standing of the same spot Luo Wuyi had vacated beneath the Blessed Buddha Altar, projecting his battle qi. Seeing it trigger a glowing reaction from the Blessed Buddha Altar, a trace of joy flashed in Chen Dingyuan's face.

Its glow grew brighter, beaming higher and higher. Before long, it issued another series of hums.

Faces in the crowd tightened nervously.

But at this moment, the beaming brilliance occluded just like what happened to Lo Wuyi. The humming disappeared.

Another stretch of stunned silence before the crowd broke in another uproar.

"Chen Dingyuan, since you weren't selected by the Blessed Buddha Altar, roll away from there, don't block the path!" Luo Wuyi's voice cut through the noises, returning Chen Dingyuan's words to himself.

Chen Dingyuans' face distorted with anger, but in the end, he vacated the spot.

After Chen Dingyuan, there were five other people that tried, however, for these five people, there wasn't the slightest reaction from the Blessed Buddha Altar when their battle qi was released.

The silence around the five people was extremely awkward.

Under normal circumstances, only those with grade ten and above martial spirits would be chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar, therefore, those with grade ten martial spirit and below doesn't stand any chance. It was because of this reason that the people who went up to try were scarce in number.

Seeing there was no one else, Huang Xiaolong lifted his leg and stepped out from the crowd, towards the Blessed Buddha Altar.

Huang Xiaolong's action attracted a lot of attention from the surrounding people.

"This kid looks unfamiliar, I wonder which empire's family genius is he?"

"Genius? Who knows, maybe his martial spirit is only the most common of grade ten, going up to test his luck. If he really is a genius, it's impossible to stay unknown!"

Luo Wuyi and Cheng Dingyuan remained standing at the side amongst the crowd after their trial, both gave Huang Xiaolong a glance when he walked beneath the altar. But there was no expectation of Huang Xiaolong, like the rest, they thought Huang Xiaolong was just another person that just wanted to try their luck.

Huang Xiaolong came to a stand underneath the Blessed Buddha Altar followed closely by everyone's gaze. Battle qi shrouded him as it projected outside his body, instantly illuminating the center area.

Chapter 224: Astonished!

Dazzled by the abrupt brightness coming from the Blessed Buddha Altar, the noisy crowd quieted in an instant. Each person stared dumbly at the floating Blessed Buddha Altar in midair.

Previously, when Luo Wuyi and Chen Dingyuan stood below it and projected their battle qi out from their body, the Blessed Buddha Altar's shining beam merely flickered.

Yet, when it came to Huang Xiaolong, it was a powerful resplendent light!

This time, the Blessed Buddha Altar had appeared for more than one month's time. Most of the geniuses of Blessed Buddha Empire's families had more or less come forward and tested themselves at the Blessed Buddha Altar, but none of them managed to trigger this level of reaction from it!

After whelming astonishment, the crowd broke out into an uproar!

"Who is this kid really, that the Blessed Buddha Altar's reaction would be so strong?!"

"Does that mean his martial spirit talent is stronger than Luo Wuyi and Chen Dingyuan's?!"

"It may not be so. Don't you remember, there was one time the Blessed Buddha Altar chose a kid with only grade ten martial spirit? Who knows, maybe this brat is also another grade ten martial spirit!"

"Even if the Blessed Buddha Altar's reaction is strong now, it doesn't mean that this kid will be chosen!"

Words flew back and forth within the crowd.

Luo Wuyi's sight was fixed on Huang Xiaolong, whereas a hidden glint flitted quickly across Chen Dingyuan's eyes looking at Huang Xiaolong, his thoughts unknown.

As the commotion continued, the resplendent aureate light from the Blessed Buddha Altar rose higher and brighter, issuing a humming sound that was clearer than ever, and there was a significant difference between the humming the altar issued during Luo Wuyi and Chen Dingyuan's time. The humming sound during both of their tests was vague, weaving in and out, whereas Huang Xiaolong's was like a great wave, splashing, increasing higher. In the end, the humming from the altar resounded clearly in the entire Thousand Blessings Square.

Eyes widened in unprecedented shock.

In the next moment, from the brightly lit altar, golden spheres of light spread out.

", Heavens, it's actually the Buddha luminescence!"

"The Buddha luminescence appeared on the Blessed Buddha Altar!"

Astonishment filled the crowd's eyes, including Luo Wuyi and Chen Dingyuan!"

There was a rumor about the Blessed Buddha Altar that had been circling for a very long time, if someone could trigger the appearance of Buddha luminescence, the chances of being chosen by the altar increased to seven tenth!

A seventy percent chance!

That exceeded half by far!

Everyone was still pondering on the Buddha luminescence, when a ringing Buddhist chant echoed in the air.

"This, this is the Buddha chant!"

"Chant of the Thousand Buddhas Ode!"

Chant of the Thousand Buddhas Ode! Luo Wuyi and Chen Dingyuan's shock grew deeper as one after another golden shadows of Buddha carved around its surface flew out from the Blessed Buddha Altar, floating high in the air.

"Vestige of the Ten Thousand Buddhas!"

The astonishment in everyone's heart could no longer be described with words. The young man actually succeeded in triggering the Vestige of Ten Thousand Buddhas!

The chances of being chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar reached a high nine tenth once the Vestige of Ten Thousand Buddhas emerged! Now, only the last step remained!

And that was the Buddha carving on the four sides of the altar.

If Huang Xiaolong could trigger the four sides Buddha carving, it meant the Blessed Buddha Altar had chosen him, at that time, the glorious sanctification power would bask Huang Xiaolong's body in a sanctification ritual!

Nerves tensed with anticipation, each individual in the crowd tried not to blink, fixing a stare on Huang Xiaolong and the Blessed Buddha Altar.

With people observing from all directions, suddenly the carving on one side flickered and flew out to high sky from the altar!

"Look, it's true, this kid really did trigger a one of the side carvings!"

As the surprise exclamation entered Chen Dingyuan's ears in droves, he couldn't help scoffing, "It's only one side, he might not able to push all four sides of the carving!"

Just as Chen Dingyuan's voice ended, another side of carving on the Blessed Buddha Altar flickered and flew to the sky, shining majestically!

The second carving!

It was already the second carving!

Tension increased, hands clammy with sweat as the crowd watched on, there were some that were even more nervous than Huang Xiaolong.

Standing beneath the floating altar, Huang Xiaolong was quite a nervous himself. He didn't care much for the sanctification ritual from the power of sanctification, the only thing important was the opportunity to enter the Buddha Cavern.

Huang Xiaolong's battle qi continued to dance higher, and the third Buddha carving on altar flickered. When the crowd saw the flickering sign, hearts tightened!

In the next second, the third carving flew to the sky, casting a brilliant light down on the square!

The third carving!

Only one carving left!

Eyes all around were fixated on the last remaining carving!

As if a cloth was wrapped tightly around their hearts as they held their breaths, waiting for what will happen next.

At this point, the fourth and final Buddha carving flickered and flew out, releasing its glorious golden glow high in the sky above!

The four-sided carving was in the sky, shining, it gathered together and rotated at high speed. Buddha luminescence covered the sky, spreading ten thousand li. The resplendent Buddha luminescence could be seen clearly even from afar by the commoners and residents of Northside Merchant City.

In the Northside Merchant City, almost at the same moment, people turned their eyes in the Blessed Buddha Altar's direction, where the glorious beam of Buddha luminescence originated from, with shocked eyes.

"This is, did someone trigger a reaction from the Blessed Buddha Altar's four sides carving!"

"The fated person chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar has appeared!"

"Come, let's go to the Thousand Blessings Square!"

Above the Thousand Blessings Square, the four carving images swirled around the Blessed Buddha Altar, streams of sanctification power fell down, enveloping Huang Xiaolong.

A warm comfortable feeling filled Huang Xiaolong immediately as if he had returned to a mother's embrace. A soothing energy permeated into Huang Xiaolong's meridians, Qi Sea, the flesh of his body, into the internal organs, weaving in, time and again, enhancing Huang Xiaolong's physique.

In the entire process, not only did Huang Xiaolong not feel any pain, in fact, he felt extremely comfortable that he wanted to moan.

This was the Buddhism energy!

On the Thousand Blessings Square, it was calm and quiet. People held their breath in, watching Huang Xiaolong enshrouded by the power of Buddha, undergoing the sanctification ritual each of them had only dreamed of, with eyes of envy, jealousy, and amazement.

Chen Dingyuan was surging with jealousy watching Huang Xiaolong receive the sanctification ritual. Unknowingly, a poisonous blue needle appeared on his right hand and flicked out when no one noticed, shooting straight Huang Xiaolong's Qi Sea located in his chest area.

Seeing the poison needle was about to pierce into Huang Xiaolong's Qi Sea, a blinding light flashed, repelling the poison needle from its trajectory.

Watching this result, the killing intent in Chen Dingyuan's eyes thickened, and another blue poison needle appeared in his right hand. However, this time, before he flicked it out, an indiscernible voice sounded in his ears. Listening to this voice, Chen Dingyuan retrieved the blue poisonous needle unwillingly.

While Huang Xiaolong was immersed in the sanctification ritual, experts from all over arrived, rushing from all directions, filling the already packed Thousand Blessings Square even more.

Thousand Blessings Square became even more lively and bustling with the increasingly larger crowd.

Hidden in one of the space pockets above the Buddha Cavern's entrance sat eight old men clad in kasaya robes embroidered with golden threads. Majestic auras filled the entire space, while all eight old men observed Huang Xiaolong undergoing the sanctification ritual of the Buddha power through the void.

"Old Law, in your opinion, how does this young man compare to that Fan Chen from last time?" One of the old men asked the person sitting in the centermost amongst the eight, an old man whose hair was evenly divided, half pure white and half darkest of ebony.

The fated one chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar more than three hundred years ago, a genius named Fan Chen. The current Fan Chen was already a Saint realm expert!

After a short moment of silence, the old man in the center spoke: "This child's achievements in the future will far surpass Fan Chen!"

"What?!" This answer shocked the seven other old men.

Chapter 225: Meeting Shi Fantian

Fan Family's genius disciple, Fan Chen, possessed a grade fourteen average martial spiritㅡgrade fourteen! On the whole Snow Wind Continent, the people with such talent could be counted on the fingers on one hand. Fan Chen was already a legendary figure in Blessed Buddha Empire, so much that there were people comparing Fan Chen with their Emperor, Shi Fantian.

Is he saying the kid in front of them now was more talented than Fan Chen!? Indirectly implying that this kid's talent was higher than Emperor Shi Fantian's!

The seven other old men were inexplicably shocked. After all, these words came from Old Law's mouth!

"Since the Blessed Buddha Altar had chosen the fated one, we should pass this message to the Emperor!" Old Law spoke again.

Only then did the seven others recover from their shock, nodding their heads in agreement.

At this time, inside a grand palace on the south side of Blessed Buddha Empire's Imperial City, a middle-aged man dressed in a gold-threaded kasaya robe was meditating in midair, exuding Buddhism power, with Buddha luminescence glow gathering around him in the images of ancient Buddhas.

This man was none other than the sovereign Emperor of Blessed Buddha Empire, Shi Fantian.

The meditating Shi Fantian suddenly opened his eyes, and with a casual flick at the void, a transmission talisman appeared in his palm.

"Eh?! The Blessed Buddha Altar has chosen the fated one already?!" A bright light shone in Shi Fantian's eyes and continued reading, "What? Old Law actually said this child's achievements will be higher than Fan Chen's!"

With a bright burst of Buddha luminescence, Shi Fantian disappeared from the grand hall.

When Shi Fantian received the message, Huang Xiaolong was still in the Thousand Blessings Square, accepting the sanctification ritual from the Buddhism power flowing into his body. Six hours had passed, counting from the time Huang Xiaolong triggered the four sides Buddha painting on the Blessed Buddha Altar.

Six hours had passed.

In these six hours of sanctification ritual, Huang Xiaolong's body looked like it was painted with a layer of golden paint, making him look like a golden sculpture from afar.

Six hours passed, from the surface it was as if Huang Xiaolong was no different from six hours prior, but only Huang Xiaolong knew of the immense changes happening inside him. Regardless if it was his meridians, Qi Sea, internal organs, flesh, skin, even his hair was twice stronger!

Huang Xiaolong's battle qi and internal force rose at rapid speed.

Half a day passed when Huang Xiaolong's body suddenly shook, a glaring of inky-purple light burst out, the atmosphere emanating from him changing just as abruptly.

Xiantian Third Order!

His cultivation, which was at peak late-Xiantian Second Order, finally advanced into Xiantian Third Order!

One must know, it was barely two years since Huang Xiaolong participated in Duanren Empire's Imperial City Battle, in that period of time, Huang Xiaolong had just broken through to the Xiantian realm.

More and more people were arriving on the Thousand Blessings Square. Watching Huang Xiaolong breakthrough so easily made endless envious eyes cast on him.

Whereas the jealousy in Chen Dingyuan's eyes became even more erratic and rebellious.

Even after Huang Xiaolong successfully broke through to Xiantian Third Order, the Buddhism power coming from the Blessed Buddha Altar continued to envelop him, seeping into his body, being absorbed and refined, which further enhanced his battle qi and internal force.

A full day and night passed.

Only after one day and one night did the Blessed Buddha Altar occlude its Buddhism power, and soon after, it vanished from view in midair. The entire time, Huang Xiaolong had been absorbing and refining the Buddhism power, his battle qi breaking through from the initial peak late-Xiantian Second Order to peak early-Xiantian Third Order and then onward to peak mid-Xiantian Third Order. It only halted because the Blessed Buddha Altar stopped and vanished.

The crowd stirred again watching the Blessed Buddha Altar disappear and Huang Xiaolong awaken.

Joy flashed across Huang Xiaolong's face as he opened his eyes and tried sensing the changes inside his body using his spiritual sense.

The result of the Blessed Buddha Altar's sanctification ritual exceeded his imagination by far. His initial assumption was early-Xiantian Third Order.

Converging his emotions, Huang Xiaolong scanned the surroundings, and in the end, his gaze fell on Chen Dingyuan's body.

When he was receiving the sanctification ritual, the poison needle attack Chen Dingyuan made, Huang Xiaolong was very well aware. Seeing Huang Xiaolong looking in his direction, Chen Dingyuan sneered disdainfully, their gazes collided midair.

The tightly packed crowd suddenly parted a small path in the middle, allowing a group of people wearing Blessed Buddha Empire's minister uniforms to approach Huang Xiaolong. Leading them was an old man with a long white beard, who had a pair of bright spirited eyes.

"That's Blessed Buddha Empire's Archduke Ma Bo!"

"Archduke Ma Bo is here! The last time Fan Chen was chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar it was also Archduke Ma Bo who came to pick him up to meet with his Imperial Highness in the Blessed Buddha Temple."

"It was said that last time, when the Emperor summoned Fan Chen, he bestowed to him a heaven grade spirit stone!"

Listening to the discussions around him, Huang Xiaolong was secretly surprised.

Heaven grade spirit stone!

It was rumored that a top grade spirit stone had an awareness. Other than being used to refine heaven-grade spirit pellets, wearing it close to the body aided in cultivation, speeding up the process of absorbing the spiritual energy around. Keeping it close also brought many beneficial advantages to cultivation.

By this time, the white bearded old man, Archduke Ma Bo, was already in front of Huang Xiaolong. Nodding at Huang Xiaolong in a friendly manner, Archduke Ma Bo spoke, "Congratulations to this Young Noble for being chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar. According to the rules, the chosen one can have an audience with the Emperor and be granted a request. Now, kindly follow me to Blessed Buddha Temple."

"Okay." Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Archduke Ma Bo gestured politely with his hand, turned around and led Huang Xiaolong out from the Thousand Blessings Square with the same group of people he arrived with earlier.

When Huang Xiaolong passed beside Chen Dingyuan, the latter sneered coldly in a voice transmission to Huang Xiaolong's ear, "Brat, don't get complacent just because you were chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar. You've made this master dislike you, so you better turn and flee as far as you can when you see me, otherwise, I'll beat you up every time I see your face!"

Huang Xiaolong retorted with cold indifference, "Really?" His murderous aura flitted too quickly to be noticed.

Soon, Huang Xiaolong left the square grounds following Archduke Ma Bo, thus the crowd gradually dispersed.

With Huang Xiaolong gone, Chen Dingyuan and Luo Wuyi too left the square.

Out from the Thousand Blessings Square, Archduke Ma Bo led Huang Xiaolong to an hour's walk before stopping to a grand looking building structure, towering over a hundred zhang, built with Bright Granite Rock. On the four sides of the granite walls were carvings of Buddhas in many forms.

"Young Noble, this is Blessed Buddha Temple, the Emperor has been waiting for you inside. Let us enter." Arriving in front of the towering structure, Ma Bo said with a smile. Then he turned around and continued leading the way in front of Huang Xiaolong.

The moment Huang Xiaolong entered the grand hall, an overwhelming Buddhism power rushed towards him. Before this Buddhism power, a feeling of wanting to prostrate in submission rose in Huang Xiaolong's mind but at this precise moment, the black and blue dragons in Huang Xiaolong's body shook, releasing a mighty aura that rushed out of Huang Xiaolong's body.

In an instant, the Buddhism power that overwhelmed Huang Xiaolong faded..

Sensing the mighty dragon aura from Huang Xiaolong's body, Ma Bo was shocked, taking a while before he managed to gather himself, continuing to lead the way.

Blessed Buddha Temple sat on quite a large land area, comparable to Thousand Blessings Square. Huang Xiaolong surveyed the place as he walked, noticing the many beams of white jade pillars with Buddhist beasts[1. ] carved at the very top.

After walking for some time, they reached the front of the grand hall. A man stood there with his back to them, both hands clasped at his back.

"Emperor, this Young Noble is the chosen one of the Blessed Buddha Altar." Ma Bo spoke, making an introduction.

Chapter 226: Entering Buddha Cavern

"My greetings to the Great Emperor." Huang Xiaolong followed suit, stepping up politely in salute.

The person with his back to them turned around, a smooth, beardless, fair face with ordinary features, yet from the first look it was hard to forget. This was Shi Fantian.

Shi Fantian was born with an ordinary face, but he exuded a hard to forget momentum, greatly different from Emperor Duanren's sharp atmosphere.

When Shi Fantian's eyes met Huang Xiaolong, he smiled kindly, "Old Law said your talent and ability are much higher than Fan Chen's. At first, I didn't believe it, but now I do. The Blessed Buddha Altar was left behind by my master, being chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar, you can be considered my Junior Brother. I have nothing good to gift to you for our first meeting, so I will give you a heaven grade spirit stone in place of a gift."

A mesmerizing transparent rock appeared in Shi Fantian's palm, just about as big as his palm, yet it glistened brilliantly, and Huang Xiaolong noticed the spiritual energy in the surrounding actually gathered towards the stone. Inside the stone was contained a faintly discernable energy that made even Huang Xiaolong's heart palpitate.

"Great Emperor, this...!" Huang Xiaolong looked at the spirit stone in Shi Fantian's hand and hesitated.

A heaven grade spirit stone was too valuable.

Shi Fantian waved his hand at Huang Xiaolong; "Just call me Senior Brother."

Senior Brother? Huang Xiaolong was stumped. He had thought this Emperor Shi Fantian was just speaking polite words when he said being chosen by the Blessed Buddha Altar was akin to his Junior Brother... so, this Shi Fantian was saying it for real?!

"Senior Brother." Huang Xiaolong was silent for a while before relenting. Since Shi Fantian himself said so, he wouldn't stand on ceremony or act with hypocrisy. He must admit, having such a Senior Brother made it more convenient for him in the Blessed Buddha Empire in the future.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong agree to call him Senior Brother, Shi Fantian looked appreciatively at him, "According to the rules, you can make one request. As long as it is within my capabilities, I will fulfill your request."

Huang Xiaolong pondered slightly, answering: "I want to enter the Buddha Cavern."

Shi Fantian was stunned this time, "You want to enter the Buddha Cavern?"

Ma Bo, who retreated to the side earlier after greeting Shi Fantian, was greatly shocked to hear Huang Xiaolong's unexpected request.

"I can't?" Noticing Shi Fantian's expression, Huang Xiaolong's heart dropped to his stomach. If he can't then it would be troublesome for him.

Shi Fantian chuckled seeing Huang Xiaolong getting all anxious, "It's not that you can't, didn't I just say, as long as it is something that I can do, I'll fulfill your request. But, is your wish really just to enter the Buddha Cavern? You only have one chance, you might regret it later if you missed it. Like Junior Brother Fan Chen, who requested a high-grade Heaven rank cultivation technique from me."

"High-grade Heaven rank cultivation technique!" Huang Xiaolong nearly bit his tongue in shock.

This Shi Fantian actually possessed a high-grade Heaven rank cultivation technique!

Each high-grade heaven rank cultivation technique was extremely valuable, something that was even scarcer than Saint realm warrior existences. Seemingly, Shi Fantian was implying that he really gave Fan Chen such a valuable cultivation technique?!

Watching Huang Xiaolong's thoughts shifting evidently on his face, Shi Fantian laughed, "Right, Junior Brother Fan Chen's talent is indeed very high, still, it is because he cultivated the high-grade heaven rank Sleeping Buddha Eternal law that I gave him that he was able to break through the Saint realm so quickly."

"Sleeping Buddha Eternal Law." A curious light flickered in Huang Xiaolong's eyes.

In fact, he heard Zhao Shu mention this Sleeping Buddha Eternal Law in the past. Undoubtedly a high-grade heaven rank cultivation technique, it was just that he did not expect this cultivation technique to originate from Shi Fantian's hands.

"How about it? Have you thought it over carefully?" Shi Fantian added, "Several Junior Brothers before Fan Chen had similar requests; it was either a high-grade heaven rank cultivation technique or battle skill, for there is only one chance."

"I still want to enter the Buddha Cavern." Huang Xiaolong said solemnly.

Tempting as a high-grade heaven rank cultivation technique or battle skill may be, it paled drastically in comparison to even one tenth of the allure of the Godly Mt. Xumi Heavenly Treasure, and Godly Mt. Xumi was Huang Xiaolong's most important goal in coming here.

Nevertheless, Huang Xiaolong was astounded by Shi Fantian's offer. Does that mean he has quite a collection of heaven rank high-grade cultivation techniques and battle skills?!

Hearing Huang Xiaolong insisting on entering the Buddha Cavern, it was unexpected for Shi Fantian. It crossed his mind that Huang Xiaolong requesting to enter Buddha Cavern was just a passing whim, after his gentle reminder, Huang Xiaolong would definitely choose a high-grade heaven rank cultivation technique or battle skill. He did not expect that Huang Xiaolong would still request to enter the Buddha Cavern.

Even Ma Bo was confused and puzzled listening to Huang Xiaolong's request.

"Fine, since it's your decision, I won't say much." A moment later, Shi Fantian explained, "This is a Blessed Buddha Token, holding this token you can enter the Buddha Cavern."

As Shi Fantian said that, a token appeared, nestling in his palm. On both sides of the token was a carving of a Buddha, glowing in a brilliant golden halo.

Huang Xiaolong approached closer to the Blessed Buddha Token. It came as a surprise to him that Shi Fantian would give him a Blessed Buddha Token so easily just because he wanted to enter the Buddha Cavern. The Blessed Buddha Empire's Token was not something just anyone could have.

Receiving the token, Huang Xiaolong thanked sincerely, "Thank you, Senior Brother."

Shi Fantian waved his hand nonchalantly, "Just a simple Blessed Buddha Token, no need to be so courteous, moreover, the token in your hand cannot compare to Fan Chen's Sleeping Buddha Eternal Law."

Huang Xiaolong grinned.

A short while later, Archduke Ma Bo led Huang Xiaolong out from the Blessed Buddha Temple.

Shi Fantian stared in the direction Huang Xiaolong left, muttering to himself, "It seems he's Huang Xiaolong. No wonder, no wonder!" Earlier, when Huang Xiaolong released the mighty dragon momentum upon entering the hall, Shi Fantian had already guessed Huang Xiaolong's identity.

Ever since Duanren Empire's Imperial City Battle, where Huang Xiaolong exposed his superb talent twin dragon martial spirits, the black and blue dragons, many experts of different empires in Snow Wind Continent had started paying attention to him.

People possessing a Primordial Divine Dragon martial spirit were numbered in Snow Wind Continent, other than Huang Xiaolong there was only one more person and Shi Fantian had met that person before.

While Ma Bo led Huang Xiaolong out from the Blessed Buddha Temple, he gave Huang Xiaolong an Archduke token. Ma Bo, as the Blessed Buddha Empire's Archduke, held an esteemed high status, merely below Emperor Shi Fantian and the several venerated eight monks, including Old Law. Ma Bo's Archduke token, Huang Xiaolong also did not decline.

Ma Bo's Archduke token would come in handy in the future in Blessed Buddha Empire, the Blessed Buddha Token was too eye-catching after all, it would be inconvenient for some matters.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong was willing to receive his Archduke token, Ma Bo's old face bloomed into a happy smile, telling Huang Xiaolong that if he met with any issues that he couldn't handle, he could come to the Archduke Residence to look for him.

Huang Xiaolong nodded with a word of thanks. Ma Bo left after that.

Watching Ma Bo's leaving figure, Huang Xiaolong kept the Archduke token. This token was a gesture of goodwill, or more precisely, a gesture of flattery.

With Ma Bo out of sight, Huang Xiaolong headed straight towards the Buddha Cavern and arrived at the entrance without needing much time.

However, when he wanted to enter the Buddha Cavern, a powerful momentum surged out from within, blocking Huang Xiaolong at the entrance. In the next instant, a silhouette appeared.

Knowing this person was a Buddha Cavern guardian, Huang Xiaolong showed his Blessed Buddha Token before the other side even opened their mouth to speak.

Looking at the Blessed Buddha Token in Huang Xiaolong's hand, the silhouette was dazed for a moment before nodding at Huang Xiaolong and disappearing from the spot in a flicker.

Secretly breathing in relief, Huang Xiaolong stepped forward, entering the Buddha Cavern. This time, there was no longer any resistance blocking his path. Passing through the entrance, Huang Xiaolong felt as if he had come to another world. In front of him, as far as the eye could see, were only... Buddha statues!

Chapter 227: Searching for Godly Mt. Xumi

One after another, stately Buddha statues towered over heaven and earth, surpassing ten zhang! Reaching a hundred zhang! Several hundred zhang!

Looking in front of him, Huang Xiaolong actually couldn't see an end to the Buddha statues even at the horizon line.

There were ten thousand Buddha statues on the Thousand Blessings Square, then inside the Buddha Cavern, how many Buddha statues were there? Hundreds of thousands? Perhaps even millions!

Huang Xiaolong was astounded to the core at this sight.

These Buddha statues were sculpted in a myriad of forms, each unbelievably life-like, as if each of these statues was solid, in their actual body on earth. Huang Xiaolong flew deeper into the cavern above these Buddha statues, using his Wings of Demon. In the beginning, Huang Xiaolong did not feel much, but as time wore on, his eyes started seeing double, his mind, his heart, every thought, and breath were influenced by these Buddha statues.

After not even an hour of flying, Huang Xiaolong actually felt so exhausted that he quickly stopped, landing on the shoulder of a huge Buddha statue and sat down in meditation.

Huang Xiaolong touched his forehead, finding that he was drenched in sweat and was taken aback! With his current Xiantian strength, not to mention flying for merely an hour or so, he could fly for a day and night and he wouldn't feel tired, much less exhausted. But now, he was drenched in sweat!

This was highly unusual!

Slowly, Huang Xiaolong found out his exhaustion came from his spirit and not because his battle qi ran out. It was tiredness that stemmed from his spiritual sense, soul, and heart, moreover, the energy inside his body was chaotic. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Huang Xiaolong ran the Body Metamorphose Scripture to adjust his condition, gradually soothing the chaos taking place inside his body.

It was several hours later when Huang Xiaolong opened his eyes again, calmed, but the tiredness lingered. Even more tiring than the time he fought Xie Puti in Duanren Empire's Imperial City Battle for the championship!

Despite that, Huang Xiaolong pulled himself up and continued heading deeper into the cavern.

Another few hours later, he had to stop for a rest again to meditate, to calm the energy inside his body that had once again become chaotic.

Huang Xiaolong noticed something odd. After meditating, his soul and spiritual force were actually more fatigued than before.

Huang Xiaolong stood up and continued to venture deeper.

One day passed in the same manner.

At the end of the day, when Huang Xiaolong stopped to rest on the body of a Buddha statue, he was feeling dizzy, his breathing uneven. In fact, he was panting slightly. He hurried to meditate and swallow a medicinal pellet to recover.

But, swallowing medicinal pellets had no effect on the soul and spiritual force.

The medicinal pellets he had were also for recovering battle qi and internal force.

This time, he spent the entire night to smooth his internal chaotic energy. Huang Xiaolong opened his eyes after one night, even more exhausted than before, so much that he had no desire to move. Sleep, he only wanted to sleep. Huang Xiaolong badly wanted to close his eyes and sleep forever, not waking up.

"What is happening?!" Huang Xiaolong's consciousness suddenly jerked up.

Buddha statues!

It was these Buddha statues!

Huang Xiaolong recalled and was shocked to find these root cause of his problem.

The bodies of these Buddha statues manifested an invisible spiritual pressure and it was exactly this invisible spiritual pressure that caused his soul and spiritual force to feel so exhausted.

Though he found the cause, Huang Xiaolong was frowning.

If he continued to venture deeper, his soul and spirit may not be able to withstand the invisible spiritual pressure manifested by these Buddha statues and crumble. At that time, he would end up a madman, for not even a Saint realm expert could cure a damaged spirit.

Huang Xiaolong checked the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and Absolute Soul Pearl in his body, all three Heavenly Treasures were quiet.

When Huang Xiaolong entered the Saint Pavilion in search of the Absolute Soul Pearl, there was still an occasional reaction from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda and God Binding Ring, yet this time around, none of the three Heavenly Treasure inside his body showed any reaction.

"Was Zhao Shu's conjecture erroneous?" Huang Xiaolong thought to himself.

Zhao Shu made the conclusion based on the ancient Buddhist scripture he had gotten hold of. If Zhao Shu's assumption was a mistake, then this trip to the Blessed Buddha Empire would be a trip made in vain.

Without the Godly Mt. Xumi, Huang Xiaolong's plan of advancing to Xiantian Tenth Order in the span of six years was impossible. Forget about Xiantian Tenth Order, he would be far away from breaking into Xiantian Seventh Order.

At this point of time, Huang Xiaolong spread out his spiritual sense to his surroundings. As he was trying to get a feel of his surroundings, he noticed a mysterious energy current, extremely weak and barely perceptible if one didn't pay attention, flowing in the Buddha Cavern. If it wasn't for Huang Xiaolong carefully spreading out his spiritual sense, it would have gone unnoticed.

This mysterious energy was similar to the Buddhism power from the Blessed Buddha Altar, yet different at the same time.

Huang Xiaolong tried to lead this mysterious energy into his body, slowly refining it and was surprised to find the exhaustion in his soul and spirit recover significantly.

This result delighted him!

If this was so, he needn't worry about damaging his soul and spirit upon entering deeper into the cavern.

After Huang Xiaolong absorbed and refined the mysterious energy, the exhaustion he felt in his soul and spirit recovered as if they were being nurtured, very close to returning to their peak form.

Huang Xiaolong would then stand up and continue flying deeper into the Buddha Cavern.

Just like this, ten days passed, rest and continue, rest and continue.

Ten days passed, yet the Heavenly Treasures bore no reaction at all.

And Huang Xiaolong was surprised to find in the last ten days that the mysterious energy in the Buddha Cavern helped his soul and spiritual force grow stronger, going as far as enhancing his battle qi and internal force.

This speed was much faster than practicing in the ancient battlefield while swallowing Fire Dragon Pearls, however, Huang Xiaolong was unable to feel joy at his improved strength. Instead, his heart grew heavierㅡbecause there was still no reaction at all from the three Heavenly Treasures!

In the last ten days, all his eyes could see was an endless sea of Buddha statues, and only Buddha statues.

Zhao Shu had never been inside the Buddha Cavern, thus before coming in, Huang Xiaolong had no idea how the Blessed Buddha Empire's forbidden land looked like. Now he knew.

Though the chance seemed slimmer by the day, Huang Xiaolong was unwilling to leave the Buddha Cavern just like this. The good thing was, there was no time limit for his stay inside the Buddha Cavern, such as one month's time with the Saint Pavilion. He could stay as long as he wanted.

Cultivating in the Buddha Cavern was beneficial too, hence, Huang Xiaolong remained, journeying deeper every day.

While Huang Xiaolong journeyed deeper every day, in a certain space pocket within the Buddha Cavern, Old Law and seven other guardians were observing Huang Xiaolong's movements.

"It's been ten days already, I did not expect this kid could remain inside for so long, even going deeper into the cavern!

"Last time when Fan Chen, that lad, came inside, how long did he stay? If I remember correctly, it should be fifteen days, I wonder if this kid can surpass that!

"He can actually refine the Buddhism spiritual energy inside the Buddha Cavern!"

Several people talked at the same time.

A light flickered in Old Law's eyes as he quietly observed Huang Xiaolong's flying silhouette inside the Buddha Cavern's space.

"This kid looks like he's searching for something inside the Buddha Cavern?" One of the eight suddenly said.

"Searching for something?" Old Law pondered the words.

Another ten days passed the same way.

Twenty days after Huang Xiaolong entered, the three Heavenly Treasures inside his body remained quiet. But Huang Xiaolong had a harvest of a different kind. After seeing nothing but Buddha statues for twenty days, he was inspired and created a battle skill called Earthen Buddha Palm.

Flying past the numerous Buddha statues as he continued to the inner part of the Buddha Cavern, Huang Xiaolong practiced his self-created Earthen Buddha Palm. There was... only a single move to the Earthen Buddha Palm, however, similar to the hundreds and thousands of Buddha statues in the Buddha Cavern, it had just as many forms.

"This kid still has the leisure to practice battle skill inside the Buddha Cavern? And that, what kind of palm is that? It looks like one of our Buddhism battle skills, but very strange, I've never seen anything like it!"

The eight kasaya robed monks observed Huang Xiaolong who was practicing his Earthen Buddha Palm closely, discussing amongst themselves.

"He probably created this battle skill himself." Old Law's eyes never left Huang Xiaolong as he spoke those words with a somber voice.

Chapter 228: Clues of Godly Mt. Xumi's Location

"Whaㅡt? Self-created battle skill!" The seven other old men blurted in amazement at the idea.

"This, not possible... right?" One of them queried uncertainly.

As far as they knew, every battle skill was handed down from ancient times, every battle skill that they knew of now was created by the human race of ancient times, whereas legendary heaven rank battle skills were created by the ancient God Tribes.

However, legendary battle skills were lost treasures as time elapsed, leaving only high-grade heaven rank battle skills as the highest grade available, albeit their scarcity.

"That's right ah, Old Law. It doesn't seem like this kid knows how to create a battle skill, it's a feat even harder than breaking into the God realm! Even some warriors that succeeded in breaking through and traversed to other higher grade worlds were never rumored to have created their own battle skill!" Another one of the old men debated with surprise lingering in his voice.

Old Law answered with a solemn voice, "I did not believe it myself at first but observe carefully and you will notice that when he first started practicing this skill, his movements were crude and simple. Nearing the end, however, it became smoother and complete, the changes when attacking became more unpredictable, and the potency increased over time. Look, every time he practices, he continues to improve and perfect the transformations."

When the rest heard this explanation, each started to observe Huang Xiaolong's actions more closely and noticed it was as Old Law had described.

Despite that, most of them still found it hard to believe what they were seeing.

Creating a battle skill, if this was leaked out, it would definitely cause an earth-shattering quake across the Martial Spirit World.

At the same time, inside the Buddha Cavern, Huang Xiaolong leaped up with his palm striking out. Countless Buddha statues were seen emerging from the ground, exuding an overwhelming spiritual pressure.

The current of time continued to flow, and soon, a month had passed.

Huang Xiaolong had spent an entire month inside the Buddha Cavern.

On this particular day, Huang Xiaolong was flying forward, when suddenly, the scene in front him changed! A vast stretch of mountainous region with towering age-old trees and winding rivers with crystal-clear emerald water.

No more Buddha statues!

In this one month, Buddha statues were the only objects Huang Xiaolong had seen, so much that it gave rise to a belief that other than Buddha statues, nothing else existed within the Buddha Cavern.

Huang Xiaolong's heart blossomed seeing green mountains up ahead, accelerating his flying speed, he left the Buddha statues region quickly and landed at the foothills of a mountain. Out of the Buddha statues region, a deep sense of relief washed over him the moment his feet touched solid ground.

In the Buddha statues region, Huang Xiaolong's soul and spiritual force felt like they were being squashed by a big boulder that was instantly lifted now.

Huang Xiaolong turned back to look at the vast region of endless Buddha statues, he shivered, slightly traumatized. This one month was worse than being stranded in the abyss of hell.

Drawing a deep breath, Huang Xiaolong turned back and started walking towards the forest, soon reaching the peak. Entering his sight were long ranges of mountains, winding into the horizon, causing Huang Xiaolong's brows to wrinkle. 'Don't tell me that I need to spend another month to cross this mountain region!'

The lack of reaction from the three Heavenly Treasures in his body frustrated Huang Xiaolong.

'Forget it, since I'm already here it's better I continue searching for it.' Huang Xiaolong comforted himself, he would never be willing to leave things half-assed this way.

Hence, Huang Xiaolong flew deep in the mountain region direction. And soon, another month came and went.

By this point in time, Huang Xiaolong no longer harbored any hope of finding the Godly Mt. Xumi here, especially when all three Heavenly Treasure showed not even the tiniest reaction. In Huang Xiaolong's opinion, if the Godly Mt. Xumi was really somewhere here in the Buddha Cavern, there would surely be some reaction from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and the Absolute Soul Pearl.

Making a resolute decision, Huang Xiaolong decided to give it ten more days' time. If there still wasn't any reaction from the three treasures within this ten days' time, he would leave the Buddha Cavern.

He would think of another way that didn't require the Godly Mt. Xumi.

Perhaps he could search for the second or third Heavenly Treasures on the list. Moreover, his Master Ren Wokuang left a precious treasure for him in the Asura's Gate headquarters, something that would aid in his Asura Tactics cultivation. With that, and the benefits from the Lingling Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and the Absolute Soul Pearl, he could still enhance his strength rapidly to reach Xiantian Tenth Order.

Three days passed quickly like grains of sand seeping through one's fingers.

On this day, Huang Xiaolong stopped beside a river bank at the foothills. Just as he wanted to wash up, a golden light flickered from the riverbed. Although it was only for a split second, Huang Xiaolong caught a glimpse of it.

His actions stopped and he released his spiritual sense, directing it towards the bottom of the river, but his spiritual sense encountered a resistance at the edge of the river bank. Curious, Huang Xiaolong stood up. After a brief hesitation, he leaped up, opened up a path leading downward and made his way to the riverbed.

In the river, Huang Xiaolong dived deeper.

From the surface, the river didn't seem wide. Only after Huang Xiaolong dived into the river, did he realize it was much bigger than he had thought. He sank more than a hundred zhang deep before he reached the riverbed.

The instant Huang Xiaolong leaped into the river, Old Law and the seven other old men who were watching Huang Xiaolong suddenly noticed that his aura disappeared.

"Could this river be another space dimension?" One of them muttered.

Inside the Buddha Cavern existed links to many different space dimensions. Though the eight of them were guardians of Buddha Cavern, none knew how many of these other dimensions there were within the Buddha Cavern.

"That kid's aura had vanished totally, no doubt this river is a different space dimension." Another old man voiced his opinion.

"Old Law, then we...?"

"Go with the flow, our mission is to guard the Buddha Cavern."

"Yes, Old Law!"

On the other side, down on the riverbed, another bright light flickered and a black hole appeared. Before Huang Xiaolong could react, a great suction force from the black hole wrapped around him, swallowing him in.

His vision blurred. The scene changed and Huang Xiaolong was standing upon a golden sand beach.

"This is...?" In front of Huang Xiaolong was a sea the color of gold, with gentle waves washing upon the golden sand beach. There was a small boat floating on the sea, with an old man in his seventies holding a fishing rod.

At what seemed to be the center of this golden sea sat a golden mountain.

The surroundings were very quiet. Looking at this scene, Huang Xiaolong was stupefied.

"Young man, welcome to the Sea of Suffering." While Huang Xiaolong was stupefied at the sudden change in his surroundings, the old man on the boat spoke.

"The Sea of Suffering!" Huang Xiaolong looked at the large expanse of golden sea.

The old man raised his head, revealing a long white beard that fluttered in the nonexistent breeze as he smiled at Huang Xiaolong, "It has been sixty thousand years... Finally, someone entered this Sea of Suffering space after a long sixty thousand years."

"Sixty thousand years!" Huang Xiaolong was shocked. This old man meant to say he stayed in this Sea of Suffering space for more than sixty thousand years? Wouldn't that mean this old man had lived more than sixty thousand years!

What concept was that!?

Not even a Saint realm expert could live that long!

Could this old man be... Huang Xiaolong sucked in a breath of cold air.

"Young man, you entered Buddha Cavern for the Godly Mt. Xumi right?" The old man continued at his own pace.

Huang Xiaolong was surprised and wary at the same time. How did this old man know?

"Yes." Seconds later, Huang Xiaolong composed himself and admitted his purpose.

The old man chuckled, "Not bad, at least you're honest. Then, I shall tell you. Yes, the Godly Mt. Xumi is indeed within the Buddha Cavern."

The Godly Mt. Xumi was inside the Buddha Cavern!

Chapter 229: Refining the Godly Mt. Xumi

[/expand]

Getting confirmation to something he had been searching for, Huang Xiaolong trembled!

The Godly Mt. Xumi was really here, within the Buddha Cavern!

After so long, Huang Xiaolong had basically given up hope on the search, entering the cavern for more than two months without any reaction from the three Heavenly Treasures in his body.

Huang Xiaolong believed this old man's words, for there wasn't any need for him to deceive Xiaolong.

"Also, I know the exact location of Godly Mt. Xumi!" The old man added with a sly smile.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes widened with disbelief.

Vast was an understatement of the Buddha Cavern. Huang Xiaolong flew for two months and had yet to see the edge, in fact, Huang Xiaolong had the feeling that he hadn't even seen a tenth of the Buddha Cavern.

To search for the Godly Mt. Xumi in this boundless expanse of the Buddha Cavern was akin to searching for a needle in a barn full of haystacks.

Yet, this old man in front of him actually said he knew the exact location of the Godly Mt. Xumi!

Godly Mt. Xumi, Heavenly Treasures List number one!

Even Huang Xiaolong could not suppress the quickening of his breath.

The old man grinned watching Huang Xiaolong's reaction, stating: "I will ask you three questions, as long as your answers satisfy me, I'll let you know where the Godly Mt. Xumi is."

"Three questions?" Huang Xiaolong was flabbergasted.

"Correct." The old man revealed another sheepish smile.

The old man on the small boat was somewhat chubby, when he smiled sheepishly, he looked a little like .

"Go ahead, ask." Huang Xiaolong pondered silently for a moment before agreeing.

"First question, why are you looking for the Godly Mt. Xumi?" The old man asked.

Huang Xiaolong hesitated, "I want the Godly Mt. Xumi to advance my cultivation to the Saint realm, perhaps even God Realm, and then I want to annihilate Deities Templar!"

The old man was startled, "Advance to God Realm, annihilate the Deities Templar? No small ambitions you've got there, but the Deities Templar's strength isn't as weak as you think it is." The old man paused before asking the question second question. "My second question is, what is your martial spirit?"

Martial spirit? Without a second thought, a coruscating light shrouded Huang Xiaolong as he summoned out both black and blue twin dragon martial spirits. The might of dragons swept out like a feisty tornado.

"Blue dragon?" Looking at the blue dragon hovering behind Huang Xiaolong, the old man was dumbfounded.

Moments after, he recovered from his gaffe, asking the third question, "Third question, if, in the future, I'm talking about if one day, you become the Asura World's Hell Sovereign, commanding one billion evil spirits and Asuras, when the Asura World and Buddha World are in conflict, what would you do?"

Asura World's Hell Sovereign?! Huang Xiaolong frowned. If there came a day when he could reach such heights, how many thousands of years would have passed. Stewing over the question, Huang Xiaolong answered, "If there is a day that I really become Asura World's Hell Sovereign, commanding one billion evil spirits and Asuras, if there was a conflict between the Asura World and Buddha World, I will not take the initiative to declare war on the Buddha World unless the Buddha World was the first to launch an attack towards the Asura World!"

The old man nodded, again that sheepish smile, "Good, I hope if there is such a day, you would still remember the words you've said today." When the words ended, the old man's silhouette dimmed out, vanishing into thin air.

Watching the spot where the old man disappeared, Huang Xiaolong blanked for a moment. The most important point struck him then, "You haven't told me where the Godly Mt. Xumi is! Also, what is Senior's name?!"

"The Godly Mt. Xumi is right in front of you. As for who I am, it is not important, we will meet again." A voice floated from the void, ethereal as if it was separated by layers of dimension in between.

The voice soon dissipated.

Huang Xiaolong was confused; the Godly Mt. Xumi is in front of his eyes? That old man meant...?! Huang Xiaolong's eyes zoomed towards the golden mountain sitting in the center of the golden waters.

Godly Mt. Xumi!

That old man meant this golden mountain was the Godly Mt. Xumi!

Huang Xiaolong's heart leaped with joy. Godly Mt. Xumi, he finally found it!

He found it!

Huang Xiaolong inhaled deeply to calm himself, then leaped up, aiming to land on the small boat the old man left behind.

But, when his foot came close to the small boat, it shone with a brilliant light and projected a mysterious rune from its body. An abundant spiritual power soared to the sky.

"This is...?!" Huang Xiaolong was alarmed.

Previously, when the old man was sitting in the boat, it looked bland and ordinary, just like any other common small boat. Therefore, Huang Xiaolong didn't pay any attention to it, but it seems, this little boat was a treasure?!

As if it sensed Huang Xiaolong's thoughts, the small boat's light glimmered in answer. In the blink of an eye, it shrunk in size until it was the length of an adult's palm and hovered in front of Huang Xiaolong.

Seeing that the small boat had such spiritual awareness, Huang Xiaolong laughed, "Little one, you have stayed here in the Sea of Suffering for several thousands of years, right? Do you want to leave here with me?"

The small boat floated up and down, humming.

Huang Xiaolong chuckled, extending his palm out. The small boat flew forward, landing on Huang Xiaolong's palm. Huang Xiaolong was very keen on the small boat; with a flick, a drop of blood floated out from his finger and fell atop the small boat's body. Instantly, a blood bond was formed between them, allowing Huang Xiaolong to keep it in his body with merely a simple thought.

Although he was sure that this small boat was a wonderful treasure, his most urgent task at the moment was to rein in the Godly Mt. Xumi. He could only wait until later to study the small boat.

After dealing with the small boat, Huang Xiaolong leaped into the air, and with a flap of his wings, he flew straight to the golden mountain situated in the middle of the golden sea.

Huang Xiaolong's heart raced, feeling the Godly Mt. Xumi underneath his feet before leaping up again in search of the sacred ancient formation at the heart of it.

According to the information provided by Zhao Shu, there was the sacred ancient formation at its core. Only by locating this sacred ancient formation at the core could Huang Xiaolong refine and truly control, as well as rein in this Heavenly Treasure called Godly Mt. Xumi.

The Godly Mt. Xumi didn't seem big, land wise, yet it took Huang Xiaolong half an hour of flying to circle the perimeter entirely. On the surface, other than the brilliant glow around it, the Godly Mt. Xumi looked no different than any other ordinary small mountain. Other than that, it looked more like a barren hill, no trees, no rivers or lakes, only stones and rocks everywhere.

After making a full circle around, Huang Xiaolong chose to stop on the highest peak, where he guessed the core should be, right below this peak!

Running his battle qi and releasing his spiritual sense, Huang Xiaolong tried to get a sense of the situation below, when a sudden surge of suction power came from deep underground. His vision blurred, appearing in a huge temple hall.

A large ancient formation was carved in the center of the huge temple hall, with a tall Buddhist painting as its coreㅡthe painting depicted ten Buddhas emanating constant fluctuations of powerful spiritual pressure.

This must the Godly Mt. Xumi's core sacred ancient formation! Huang Xiaolong's heart stirred with excitement staring at the formation in the center of the hall.

The first step of locating the formation was accomplished, next was refining it.

Huang Xiaolong jumped towards the throne seat at the front of the temple hall and sat in a meditative pose, running his battle qi and starting to refine the formation.

As Huang Xiaolong started to refine it, the formation glimmered endlessly.

One day passed.

The glimmering light became increasingly stronger, soaring skyward like a beam and expanding in diameter, covering the entire Godly Mt. Xumi on the outside. At that moment, the Buddhas inside the painting shot out, filling the atmosphere with Buddhism energy.

As he refined the core formation, bathing within the purifying energy of Buddhism made Huang Xiaolong feel extremely comfortable.

A long time later, the aureate halo originating from the formation slowly dimmed.

Chapter 230: Practising on Godly Mt. Xumi

When the light from the sacred ancient formation disappeared, the temple hall returned to its prior calm.

Huang Xiaolong sat on the throne, the feeling of being one with Godly Mt. Xumi washing over him. He had succeeded in refining the Godly Mt. Xumi!

Initially, Huang Xiaolong thought it would be quite troublesome to refine the Godly Mt. Xumi's core formation, at least time-wise, it might take ten days to half a month. The ease came as a surprise to him.

Maybe it was because of the Blessed Buddha Altar. A thought suddenly struck Huang Xiaolong. It was very likely due to the sanctification ritual on Thousand Blessings Square that Huang Xiaolong was able to refine the Godly Mt. Xumi so easily, for both the Godly Mt. Xumi and the Blessed Buddha Altar were objects related to Buddhism.

While Huang Xiaolong was immersed in these thoughts, a fulgent pillar formed from Buddhism power enshrouded him, transferring memories straight into Huang Xiaolong's consciousness.

Godly Xumi Art!

The strongest battle skill between heaven and earth!

According to the heritage memories from the Godly Mt. Xumi, this Godly Xumi Art was a battle skill, and at the same time, a cultivation technique as well.

A short while later, Huang Xiaolong stood up from the temple hall throne. His foot tapped the floor, and with a sway, he disappeared from the temple hall, entering a secret chamber hidden in one of the smaller adjoining halls. Inside this secret chamber was a small pond that held a cloudy white liquid, emanating a tantalizing fragrance that was enough to make one drunk with euphoria from a single whiff, a great comfortable feeling spread out to his limbs and body.

Geocentric Buddha Elixir!

An odd wonder born of heaven and earth, absorbing it would enhance one's cultivation at half the effort!

Huang Xiaolong approached the small pond with anticipation, staring unblinkingly at the alluring Geocentric Buddha Elixir, the mad joy making his heart race. The Geocentric Buddha Elixir in this little pond should total to over a thousand drops!

Taking one drop each day, it was enough for Huang Xiaolong for three to four years of cultivation!

Huang Xiaolong cupped his hands together, separating a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir out from the pond, leading it straight into his opened mouth. Like ambrosial wine that flowed out of cups of jasper jade, an exquisite fragrance stirred his senses.

Huang Xiaolong did not refine the energy contained in that drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir on the spot, instead, he returned to the wide temple hall where the core formation was. As Huang Xiaolong moved both of his hands, the Ten Buddha Formation at the core burst out in bright light, an immeasurable Buddhism energy gushing down from the void, separated by an unknown number of space dimensions, enveloping Huang Xiaolong entirely.

Huang Xiaolong absorbed the Buddhism energy spilling from the void, while the drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir spread and blended into Huang Xiaolong's meridians, Qi Sea, and dantian, again and again strengthening his physique.

As Huang Xiaolong continued to wave his arms out, gradually, illusionary arms grew out from his body! At the same time, his body glowed with Buddha luminescence like the legendary Thousand Arms Buddha.

This was the heritage skill, Godly Xumi Art!

One day later, Huang Xiaolong was able to materialize more than sixty arms. When these arms stroke, wind whistled across space with piercing energy that gave one palpitation.

It took Huang Xiaolong a full night and a day to fully refine the energy contained in that one drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir, only then did he stop practicing.

Checking the result, Huang Xiaolong noticed there was a significant improvement in his battle qi cultivation, and practicing in the Ten Buddha Formation core with Buddhism energy pouring endlessly from the void, his physical body was tempered the entire time, again increasing his physical defense. His physical body was stronger than the average warrior. With this improvement, he could only be labeled as a monstrous freak.

Just like the heritage memory showed, swallowing Geocentric Buddha Elixir before practicing the Godly Xumi Art doubled the result at half the effort. Huang Xiaolong was delighted with the result so far.

At the moment, he could project an illusion of more than sixty arms, meaning that he had completed the basic mastery of the skills. Once the number of arms reached a thousand, it was the intermediate stage, and the last stage, or major completion, would be when he could transform these surreal one thousand arms into real, solid entities.

Yet, from what the memory showed, practicing until that stage was difficult.

If Huang Xiaolong succeeded in achieving major completion, he could divide his body into one thousand Buddha avatars! Not only that, each of these one thousand Buddha avatars was a real existence, as if there were one thousand Huang Xiaolong.

The Godly Xumi Art was hailed as the strongest battle skill between heaven and earth, this was its most terrifying point. Imagine, having one thousand avatars and each avatar has one thousand arms for attacking, who could defend against it?!

This was akin to one thousand Huang Xiaolong launching one million attacks in an instant!

Furthermore, when Huang Xiaolong practiced the Godly Xumi Art until major completion, his natural physique would take on the characteristics of the most adamant, yet pliable, known as the Golden Buddha Physique, where it would never suffer damage even from the most damaging attacks. At that time, to kill Huang Xiaolong, there would be only one method—attack and destroy Huang Xiaolong's soul!

Huang Xiaolong breathed out foul qi through his mouth.

Godly Xumi Art!

An enigmatic air of grandeur burst forth from Huang Xiaolong. A light glinted in his eyes, showing a sharp edge.

Deities Templar, Ao Baixue, Yao Fei, Li Molin! A day will come when I will trample each of you beneath my feet, killing you off one by one!

After a while, Huang Xiaolong calmed down. Once again moving his hands, gathering battle qi in his palms to activate the core formation. From the outside, the golden mountain at the center of the Sea of Suffering shook vigorously and flew out of the Sea of Suffering, tore the void and disappeared. When it appeared again, it was outside of the Buddha Cavern, above the barren wilderness in a certain location of Blessed Buddha Empire.

This was one of the Godly Mt Xumi's powers, Huang Xiaolong could control the Godly Mt. Xumi's flight through the core formation, but its main advantage was the ability to penetrate space.

Other than that, the core formation also controlled the Godly Mt. Xumi to attack.

According to the heritage memory, the Godly Mt. Xumi was created entirely from materials originating from the Buddha World, the Soft Golden Divine Slab. During the refinement process, ten thousand drops of golden blood from ten thousand ancient Buddhas were melted into it, adamant yet soft. It was unlikely for something to exist in the martial Spirit World that could make a scratch on Godly Mt. Xumi's body.

Not even a God Realm master could make a dent!

After tearing out of the void, the Godly Mt. Xumi floated high up in the sky, probably several thousand zhang up, its large mass blotting out the sun. Huang Xiaolong could only imagine what it would be like using the Godly Mt. Xumi to attack.

A normal mountain as large as this was terrifying enough, moreover, this was the Godly Mt. Xumi.

"Small, smaller, smaller, more!" Huang Xiaolong controlled the core formation, shrinking the Godly Mt. Xumi continuously that the several thousand zhang mountain ended up palm-sized in the end!

"Smaller still!" It continued to shrink to the size of a sand grain.

When that succeeded, Huang Xiaolong chose a direction and controlled the Godly Mt. Xumi, flying into the dense forest some distance ahead. Although he had found the Godly Mt. Xumi, he was in no rush to return to Duanren Empire. First, he wanted to cultivate in peace and breakthrough to Xiantian Fourth Order before deciding anything else!

Xiantian Fourth Order was a dividing line. Once Huang Xiaolong crossed it, he would be a mid-level Xiantian warrior, his strength would experience a compelling enhancement.

More than an hour later, Huang Xiaolong stopped above a hilly forest region. He controlled the Godly Mt. Xumi to land on the ground, blending in with the environment of sand and soil, extremely well hidden.

He then went to the adjoining side hall, sucked a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir into his mouth and returned to the temple hall to practice the Godly Xumi Art in the core Ten Buddha Formation.

Chapter 231: Combining Four Treasures into One

Huang Xiaolong spent the coming days in the same routine; taking a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir and activating the Ten Buddha Formation to practice the Godly Xumi Art.

Seconds became minutes that turned into days, Huang Xiaolong's battle qi and spiritual force progressed at an alarming rate. In a mere ten days, the mid-Xiantian Third Order Huang Xiaolong advanced to peak mid-Xiantian Third Order!

Twenty days later, Huang Xiaolong broke through into late-Xiantian Third Order. At the same time Huang Xiaolong reached late-Third Order, the number of arms he could form doubled to over one hundred and twenty. However, every additional arm after that became harder to form. Before, he could form a minimum of three to four arms in a day's practice, but after reaching one hundred and twenty arms, he could, at most, form one additional arm from a day's practice.

With the Geocentric Buddha Elixir and tempering from the Buddhism energy at the core formation, Huang Xiaolong's physical defense and power were enhanced on a daily basis. When Huang Xiaolong's spiritual sense swept through his internal body, he found a layer of Buddha luminescence over his orifices, meridians, bones, and marrow.

Time continued to flow by.

Secluded within the Godly Mt. Xumi, Huang Xiaolong had been practicing for a little over one month, his cultivation was already at the peak of late-Xiantian Third Order and his Body Metamorphose Scripture advanced into Stage Ten: Crouching Tiger.

On this particular day, like any other day of that month, Huang Xiaolong swallowed a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir and started practicing the Godly Xumi Art in the Ten Buddha Formation at the center of the temple hall. A flurry of ethereal arms appeared on his body, while the black and blue dragons hovered in the void above him, greedily devouring the true dragon qi gushing down from another space. Perhaps it was the effect of the Buddhism energy from the Buddha World, but there was now a layer of aureate luminescence on the surface of the twin dragons' scales.

Suddenly, Huang Xiaolong shook and a minute echo sounded from his body, followed by a bright golden light. The black and blue dragons in the void above roared endlessly.

A momentum stronger than before exuded from Huang Xiaolong.

Xiantian Fourth Order!

After a hard penance of two months, Huang Xiaolong finally broke through to Xiantian Fourth Order!

Abundant netherworld battle qi, true dragon qi, and Buddhism qi coursed along Huang Xiaolong's body. Previously, in Huang Xiaolong's Qi Sea, there were only two types of battle qi that had taken shape: one was the netherworld battle qi in the shape of an Archdemon of Hell and the other was a Primordial Divine Dragon. But now, there was an additional new qi that had taken shape in the form of a golden Buddha!

Three great mandates that had taken shape!

For Huang Xiaolong's alarming breakthrough speed to Xiantian Fourth Order, other than the Geocentric Buddha Elixir, the three great mandates played a vital role by expediting the rate of Huang Xiaolong's absorption of spiritual energies.

'Finally, I broke through the Fourth Order!' Huang Xiaolong stopped his practiced as his eyes sparkled with joy. Stepping into Fourth Order, his strength had more than doubled compared to the time he was in Duanren Empire.

When Huang Xiaolong left Duanren Empire for the Blessed Buddha Empire to search for the Godly Mt. Xumi, he was only a Xiantian Second Order. Now, he was two levels higher! Counting back, it hadn't been three years since Huang Xiaolong stepped into the Xiantian realm and participated in Duanren Empire's Imperial City Battle.

'I wonder what level Xie Puti's strength reached.' Huang Xiaolong mused.

When they battled against each other for the Imperial City Battle championship, Xie Puti was an early Second Order Xiantian, an entire level above Huang Xiaolong, but now, it was highly likely that Xie Puti had yet to come close to Xiantian Third Order.

It was time for him to rush back to Duanren Empire, perhaps he might make it back in time to attend his younger sister Huang Min and Guo Tai's wedding ceremony.

Huang Xiaolong's blurred in a flicker, leaving the Xumi Temple.

The ancient sacred Ten Buddha Formation of Godly Mt. Xumi was located in the belly of the mountain. In retrospect, Huang Xiaolong was completely hidden from the outside world during these two months of practice.

Out from the Godly Mt. Xumi, the sand grain-sized Godly Mt. Xumi flew from the ground into Huang Xiaolong's palm with a wave, growing to the size of a palm in the process.

Huang Xiaolong absorbed the golden mountain into his body, hovering above his soul sea just like the other three heavenly treasures, however, in that moment, the Godly Mt. Xumi, the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, the God Binding Ring, and the Absolute Soul Pearl that were dead silent recently, burst out in a prism of violent light. The Buddhism energy from Godly Mt. Xumi flooded out, spreading to every corner of Huang Xiaolong's soul sea.

As if the three heavenly treasures were resonating with the Buddhism energy coming from the Godly Mt. Xumi, all threeㅡthe Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and the Absolute Soul Pearl shone ever more brightly, issuing unfathomable long humming sounds. Sensing the odd reactions of the four heavenly treasures, Huang Xiaolong was dumbfounded.

When he entered the Buddha Cavern, even while he was at the Sea of Suffering, the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and Absolute Soul Pearl showed nary a ripple of reaction, but at this moment, their reactions were radical to the extreme.

From Huang Xiaolong's perception, it seemed that the three heavenly treasures were afraid of the Godly Mt. Xumi, banding together to resist the Buddhism energy spewing out from the golden mountain. Yet it was futile, the powerful burst of energy weakened and diminished under the seemingly gentle golden glow.

Huang Xiaolong continued to watch, thinking it was nearly over, but all four heavenly treasures suddenly few out from his body high up to the air, flying in a circular motion.

A forceful suction force came from the Godly Mt. Xumi, holding the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and Absolute Soul Pearl prisoners, drawing them closer to itself. Though they struggled frantically, neither successfully flew out more than a hundred meters away from the Godly Mt. Xumi.

As time wore on, the distance between the four heavenly treasures shortened, albeit the beaming light from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and Absolute Soul Pearl intensified, the resistance and struggle were futile.

In the end, the three heavenly treasures entered ten meters within the Godly Mt. Xumi's golden halo area. At this moment, a lucent light pillar shot up from its peak, Ten Buddha statues projected in midair. The very same ten Buddha statues from the sacred ancient formation at the core.

The appearance of the Ten Buddhas increased the Godly Mt. Xumi's might, Buddhism energy crashing out like endless tidal waves into the surroundings. Instantly winding around the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and Absolute Soul Pearl, sucking them into its golden body.

The Linglong Treasure Pagoda went straight down to become a midway pagoda pavilion, the God Binding Ring was absorbed into one of the many peaks on the Godly Mt. Xumi, whereas the Absolute Soul Pearl stood atop a different peak.

All three heavenly treasures still gleamed brightly but no longer resisted, as if they had been reined it.

Watching the entire scene, Huang Xiaolong was dumbstruck. All three heavenly treasures were absorbed by the Godly Mt. Xumi, becoming one entity?!

At this moment, on the Godly Mt. Xumi, the Fire Dragon qi, the ancient God Tribe spiritual energy from God Binding Ring's ancient battlefield and the soul energy from Absolute Soul Pearl all gathered together, interlaced with the Buddhism energy coming from the Godly Mt. Xumi itself, bringing four different types of spiritual energy in one place.

With a turn of his right wrist, the Godly Mt. Xumi floated to Huang Xiaolong's hand. Studying the four treasures that had combined into one, Huang Xiaolong smiled wryly to himself, can this Godly Mt. Xumi be called Godly Mt. Xumi still?

He should just call it Xumi-Linglong-God-Binding-Absolute-Pearl Mountain!

But, four treasures combined into one may not be a bad thing. Because Huang Xiaolong keenly felt that after being absorbed into the Godly Mt. Xumi, the Lingling Treasure Pagoda, God Binding Ring and Absolute Pearl's strength did not diminish. In fact, it seemed to boost the Godly Mt. Xumi's strength.

Chapter 232: Weren't You a Xiantian Third Order?!

[/expand]

Looking at the improved version of Godly Mt. Xumi, Huang Xiaolong couldn't help imagining, if all the heavenly treasures on the list were to combine with the Godly Mt. Xumi, to what extent would it strengthen this little golden mountain's magical powers?!

Then, Huang Xiaolong shook his head, this was highly unlikely, even for him.

Thirty-two heavenly treasures were scattered all over, the chances of gathering them all was almost nil. Some of these heavenly treasures might not even be in the Martial Spirit World. Furthermore, there were possibilities some of these heavenly treasures were already reined in by others. If he could find them so could others.

Focusing his thoughts, Huang Xiaolong absorbed the 'new' Godly Mt. Xumi into his body and left the forest area with a flicker.

Just moments after Huang Xiaolong disappeared, two silhouettes arrived, piercing through the wind at alarming speed.

"Strange, I'm sure I sensed the fluctuations of a treasure from here!"

"Could someone else have gotten to it before us?"

"Go, keep looking!"

After leaving the dense forest area, Huang Xiaolong flew southwards. One hour later, he stopped. Arriving at Northside Merchant City, he recalled the incident when he was receiving the sanctification ritual from the Blessed Buddha Altar's Buddhism energy, the single poisonous needle Chen Dingyuan ambushed him with. A chilling glint flitted across his eyes as he stepped towards Northside Merchant City and inquired around for the Chen Mansion's location.

...

In one of the small yards on the north side of Chen Mansion.

Chen Dingyuan was resting leisurely in the main hall of the yard as he listened to his subordinate, Han Fei, report about the family's annual Peak Summit.

Every year, the younger generation of the Chen Family would battle for ranking in an attempt to snatch the title of 'Family Peak' into their hands.

"Young Master, with your talent and ability, this year's Family Peak title could only be yours." Han Fei flattered.

Chen Dingyuan laughing assuredly, "Of course I will win the first place in this year's family Peak Summit, following that, I will also win the first place in the Four Families Summit!"

Han Fei laughed, "It is as Young Master said, that Luo Wuyi would definitely be defeated by Young Master!"

Chen Dingyuan nodded obligingly at Han Fei's remark, and as if he remembered something, "Is that kid still inside the Buddha Cavern?"

"Yes, that is so, Young Master. Five months have passed but he hasn't come out!" Han Fei answered. "I've sent people to keep a watch at the entrance, as long as that kid comes out and shows his face, I will immediately inform Young Master!"

Chen Dingyuan nodded satisfactorily, "Once that kid comes out, I will 'present' him with an unforgettable memory!"

"Oh~, really?" A cold voice sounded at Chen Dingyuan's statement.

"Who?!" The cold voice sounded too suddenly, both Chen Dingyuan and Han Fei were caught off guard.

Before the two surprised faces, a silhouette slowly emerged from the void above.

"You!" The face of their guest made Chen Dingyuan and Han Fei exclaim in unison.

The uninvited guest was none other than Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes were icy as they fell on Chen Dingyuan: "That's right, it's me."

After a momentary shock, Chen Dingyuan laughed raucously, "Punk, you dared to trespass into my Chen Mansion's yards! The last time a late-Xiantian Tenth Order tried to do so, do you want to know what his ending was? He died without a corpse to be buried! Frankly, I really admire your courage and stupidity!" As his speech came to an end, Chen Dingyuan slowly rose from his seat, approaching Huang Xiaolong. At the same time, Chen Dingyuan looked at Han Fei, who nodded in understanding, and in a blur, blocked Huang Xiaolong's escape route.

Even so, Huang Xiaolong was as calm as day.

Chen Dingyuan stopped five meters away from Huang Xiaolong, issuing a condescending cold sneer before saying, "Based on the fact that you dared to trespass into my Chen Mansion, I will give you a chance. If you can take three palm strikes from me, I will let you leave, if not, hehe...!"

"One palm!" Huang Xiaolong stated.

"One palm?" Chen Dingyuan broke out in another bout of laughter after a brief paused, "True, one or three palm strikes is the same result for you for one strike from me is enough to deal with you. Punk, are you ready?"

Huang Xiaolong shook his head in clarification, "I said I only need one palm to deal with you!"

"What?!" Chen Dingyuan's face distorted in anger in the blink of an eye, a cruel glint burning in his eyes, "Little punk, I was kind enough to be merciful, giving you a way out, but since you have made your choice, then go die!" Chen Dingyuan leaped into the air, punching out with a fist full of killing intent at Huang Xiaolong.

An enormous fist imprint pierced through the air with a trail of lavender flame, the space around it issuing crackling noises. Before the fist imprint arrived, a scorching heat wave blasted in Huang Xiaolong direction. Chen Dingyuan was a peak late-Xiantian Third Order, the destruction force from one punch was no joke.

According to Chen Dingyuan's understanding, though Huang Xiaolong went through the sanctification ritual on the Blessed Buddha Altar and managed to break through to Xiantian Third Order, a punk like him was still far from qualified to be his opponent. Which was why Chen Dingyuan did not call out his martial spirit, nor soul transformed.

Huang Xiaolong watched indifferently as Chen Dingyuan's attack came at him, then with a raise of his hand, a finger pointed out. Just a simple finger stab, a forceful finger print shot through space, enveloping the earth like an angry rolling tsunami.

Within the dark gray billowing fog hid strange black creatures, wailing miserably, shaking one's mind.

"Absolute Soul Finger!"

Watching the great momentum of the incoming dark gray fog, accompanied by the strange black creatures' shrill shrieks, Chen Dingyuan's face tightened. Swiftly jumping back, he bellowed: "Devil Extinguishing Vajra Vigor!"

Chen Dingyuan was wholly shrouded in a golden membrane that formed a protective layer of vigor qi.

However, the Absolute Soul Finger attack pierced through the Devil Extinguishing Vajra Vigor protective layer like it was nothing at all, penetrating through the person's chest and coming out from the back. It went on to make a hole through the wall of the structure.

Poof!

Chen Dingyuan body was thrown back from the impact, crashing down hard, blood spurting out uncontrollably from his mouth.

"Young Master!" Han Fei, who was signaled to block Huang Xiaolong's escape route, watched the scene happen in the blink of an eye. When Chen Dingyuan was sent flying, he blurted out in shock and rushed to his Young Master's side.

On Chen Dingyuan chest wound, a dark gray air circulated, issuing shrill screams, bloodied flesh and a face paler than a white sheet.

"You, you are not a Xiantian Third Order!" The voice coming from Chen Dingyuan throat was hoarse as he stared wide-eyed in shock at Huang Xiaolong. He couldn't understand at all, he remembered correctly that when Huang Xiaolong was undergoing the sanctification ritual on the Thousand Blessings Square, he had just broken through to Xiantian Third Order. How did he turn out to be a Xiantian Fourth Order now!

"Who told you that I'm a Xiantian Third Order?" Huang Xiaolong retorted with a cold sneer. Without waiting, the Blades of Asura appeared in his hands, and with a swing, an ominous flower bloomed in the air, which disappeared in the next moment in the same ghostly manner.

Chen Dingyuan screamed. From the center of his forehead, blood spurted out like a fountain from the flower mark left on his forehead.

Chen Dingyuan slid down to the floor stiffly, eyes opened with unwillingness.

"Young Master, Young Master!" Han Fei cried out in fear, shaking Chen Dingyuan's body with trembling hands. But, no matter how hard Han Fei shook, no response came from Chen Dingyuan.

At this time, Huang Xiaolong approached.

Han Fei twirled around in fright, watching Huang Xiaolong. In the next instant, he screamed: "Someone, there's an assassin!"

Still, it did not save him. Just as his words ended, Huang Xiaolong pointed a finger, penetrating his temple.

After dealing with Han Fei, Huang Xiaolong leaped up, disappearing from the spot with space concealment.

Chapter 233: Back In Duanren Imperial City

Just as the edge of Huang Xiaolong's robe disappeared into the void and Han Fei's body tumbled to the floor, a figure rushed over, piercing through the wind.

"Who dares to make trouble in my Chen Mansion!!"

This person was an old man in his eighties, with bright green irises, clad in a mulberry robe. This old man was the Chen Mansion's Chief Steward, Jiang Rong.

Jiang Rong floated down to the floor. Watching Chen Dingyuan and Han Fei laying in a pool of blood, he paled noticeably.

"Young Master Dingyuan!" He reached Chen Dingyuan's body in a few strides, crying out almost hysterically.

Before long, the news shook the entire Chen Mansion, assembling Chen Mansion's over a thousand experts to search for the murderer while Huang Xiaolong was already on his way to Northside Merchant City's gates. However, when he arrived at the city, it was on lockdown.

Seeing the city gates tightly shut, Huang Xiaolong sneered coldly. Walking to a deserted alley, Huang Xiaolong's silhouette disappeared into thin air, emerging again inside the Xumi Temple hall. Activating the Ten Buddha Formation, the golden mountain shrunk to the size of a sand grain as Huang Xiaolong controlled its flight, flying out of Northside Merchant City high up in the troposphere.

Of course, Huang Xiaolong had other methods of leaving the city such as using Archduke Ma Bo's token or the Blessed Buddha Token Shi Fantian gave him. However, either one of these actions would attract too much attention. Since he had decided to leave, he didn't want to lead troubles his way.

Out from the Northside Merchant City, Huang Xiaolong continued to travel via the Godly Mt. Xumi, flying southward. Two hours had passed by the time he decided to stop.

In those two hours, Huang Xiaolong activated the Ten Buddha Formation to control the Godly Mt. Xumi's flight, exhausting his battle qi supply. Huang Xiaolong's battle qi and internal force were comparable to a Xiantian Fifth Order's battle qi, yet it was only enough for him to supply the Godly Mt. Xumi with two hours of energy. One can imagine the taxing and terrifying amount of energy needed to activate the Godly Mt. Xumi.

Descending to the ground, Huang Xiaolong went to the side hall, swallowed a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir and started the recovery of his battle qi and internal force.

One day later, Huang Xiaolong stopped cultivating, both his battle qi and internal force were brimming full. 'I wonder how long the Godly Mt. Xumi can fly if I used grade one spirit stones to activate the Ten Buddha Formation.' Just as he was thinking to himself, Huang Xiaolong's hand already moved, taking out a grade one spirit stone from the Asura Ring.

With a flick, Huang Xiaolong sent the grade one spirit stone to the center of the Ten Buddha Formation. The sacred ancient formation reacted instantly! The energy contained within the grade one spirit stone whirled out in a hurricane of energy as the formation shone brightly, activating and tearing the space by itself.

The grade one spirit stone lasted two days at the core of the Ten Buddha Formation before it cracked and crumbled into dust, dissipating in the air.

Huang Xiaolong, who was practicing the Godly Xumi Art, furrowed his brows slightly; a piece of grade one spirit stone lasted only two days. Grade one spirit stones were extremely rare, even if he offered ten thousand gold coins in the auction houses, he might not be able to buy one. The cost was too high.

On the bright side, after the four treasures merged into one, Huang Xiaolong noticed when he was practicing the Godly Xumi Art in the Ten Buddha Formation that the Fire Dragon qi from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, the ancient God Tribe's energy from the God Binding Ring and the soul qi from the Absolute Soul Pearl were tempering his physique just like the Buddhism energy from Godly Mt. Xumi's Ten Buddha Formation.

Four different types of energy tempering his body as he cultivated greatly enhanced Huang Xiaolong's progress speed, so much that he could feel the improvement in strength every single day. The continuous tempering by these four great energies elevated Huang Xiaolong's physical defense to higher than that of a Xiantian Fifth Order, both in defense and power aspects.

Huang Xiaolong journeyed back to Duanren Empire while practicing in the Xumi Temple, leaving behind Blessed Buddha Empire's territory quickly. However, due to the unbearable price of activating the Godly Mt. Xumi for flight, most of the time Huang Xiaolong preferred not to use it. Calculating the journey's time span, he would use a grade one spirit stone every four days on the Ten Buddha Formation.

Although grade one spirit stones were valuable, this way, Huang Xiaolong wouldn't delay his journey nor his cultivation. He had just enough grade one spirit stones for him to reach Duanren Empire, he would think of a way to procure more in the future.

Four months came and went.

Huang Xiaolong rushed and finally made it back to Duanren Empire.

In cultivation, the higher the realm, the harder it was to progress and Huang Xiaolong was no exception. After breaking through into Xiantian Fourth Order, his cultivation speed was slower compared to prior. Still, he managed to reach peak late-Xiantian Fourth Order in four months' time, half a step more and he could advance into Xiantian Fifth Order.

Just as Huang Xiaolong calculated, his twenty pieces of grade one spirit stones were spot on. The last one crumbled to dust as he arrived in Duanren Empire's territory and he spent another ten days to reach Duanren Imperial City. Staring at the familiar city gates before him, an inexplicable emotion washed over Huang Xiaolong's heart, just like what he felt after returning to the Huang Clan Manor from Luo Tong Royal City the first time he left home, more than a decade ago.

Inhaling deeply, Huang Xiaolong lifted his foot and walked towards the city gates.

There weren't many changes to Duanren Imperial City, scenes filled his eyes that weren't that much different a year and a half ago, still as bustling and lively, the endless lines of carriages and prosperous buildings on the streets.

"In a few days, it is the Guo and Huang Family's big wedding celebration. I heard that this time, all of the over one thousand kingdoms under Duanren Empire sent either their emissary or Prince to congratulate the event!"

"Not only that! The news I heard is that even Emperor Duanren himself would be appearing at the wedding ceremony!"

"What is that Huang Xiaolong's real identity? Also, what is the relationship between out Emperor Duanren and his guard Zhao Shu?"

"Who knows, but I heard Huang Xiaolong is not in the Imperial City at the moment."

Huang Xiaolong listened to the grapevine around him as he strolled along the streets.

His younger sister Huang Min and Guo Tai's wedding was in three days, a union between the Guo and Huang Families, and the Imperial City was in a festive atmosphere with colorful lanterns hung high in the streets.

Catching the young men in front saying Huang Xiaolong wasn't in the Imperial City as the moment, Huang Xiaolong couldn't resist laughing, "Little brother, where did you hear it from that Huang Xiaolong is not in the Imperial City at this time?"

The young man who heard Huang Xiaolong calling out to him turned around, scrutinized Huang Xiaolong up and down a few times before laughing, "Little brother? You don't seem to be that much older than me. I have a close brother that is working as a guard in the Huang Estate, of course I would know. From your appearance, you must have followed your family's elders over to the Imperial City to congratulate the Huang Estate right?"

Huang Xiaolong was stunned for a moment at the young man's words. He laughed it off and did not say anything. However, this young man seemed to be someone from the lower kingdoms, thus he did not recognize Huang Xiaolong's face.

Seeing that Huang Xiaolong did not deny, the young man thought he had guessed correctly, "This must be your first time in Duanren Imperial City right?"

At this time, an abrupt ruckus swept the bustling streets, a series of surprise and shock exclamations rang in the air.

Huang Xiaolong and the two young men looked over and saw a group of people sprinting down the busy streets on horsebacks.

One of the young men paled: "It's the Tie Family's people!"

"Tie Family?" Huang Xiaolong was puzzled.

"The Tie Family is also the Guo Family's in-laws. The current Patriarch of Guo Family, Guo Shiwen's younger sister, Guo Xiaoqing, is married to the Tie Family's Patriarch, Tie Fang!" The same young man explained.

Chapter 234: Wounded My Xiao'er

"They are also the Guo Family's in-laws?" Huang Xiaolong was surprised. But then a frown appeared on his face as he looked over to the Tie Family's disciples on the dashing horses, saying "The Tie Family's disciples actually dare to race on their horses in the Imperial City, aren't they afraid of repercussions from the law?"

This naive sounding question made the young man chuckle wryly while shaking his head, "Now that the Guo Family is becoming in-laws with the Huang Family, even Emperor Duanren needs to give Guo Family some face. Moreover, the Tie Family is in-laws with the Guo Family too, not to mention racing on the streets of the Imperial City, even if they kill someone in broad daylight on the streets, no one would dare to stop them!"

At this time, the group of Tie Family disciples on horses had arrived within a hundred meters of Huang Xiaolong. The other people nearby hurried to scatter and avoid their path.

Watching this, the young man advised anxiously, "Let us avoid quickly, otherwise those Tie Family disciples will really...!" Before he even finished his words, his hands shot out and pulled Huang Xiaolong to a safer side of the street.

However, Huang Xiaolong remained standing like a mountain on the same spot.

The young man was stunned. But the Tie Family disciples were only a dozen meters from them, the young man's face was ashen and had to let go of his hand. Like everyone else in the vicinity, he jumped out of the Tie Family disciples' path.

By this time, there were only a few meters left between the sprinting horses and Huang Xiaolong, whereas the group of Tie Family disciples burst out in raucous laughter after a momentary shock when they noticed Huang Xiaolong standing in their path, unlike the others that had run for safety early on.

"Brothers, there are still people that aren't afraid of death!" The frontmost young man amongst the group laughed loudly, and as if on cue, the rest laughed with him.

All the while Huang Xiaolong looked at the laughing group with a cool expression.

Closer, less than five meters between them, Huang Xiaolong suddenly raised his right hand and struck his palm to the front. Multiple golden lights whistled through space, right into the Tie Family disciples. Before the surrounding crowd's eyes, every individual and horse struck by the golden lights stopped moving, frozen in place just a few meters away from Huang Xiaolong.

The previous young man had a flabbergasted expression on his face staring at the live statues consisting of the Tie Family disciples.

"What kind of battle skill is this?!" And he wasn't the only one looking dumbfounded at the scene in front of them.

Huang Xiaolong strutted in an unhurried pace towards the young man leading the group of Tie Family disciples.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong approaching them, the young man was terrified and angered at the same time. To disguise his fear, he threatened Huang Xiaolong, "Little maggot, you're absolutely dead! You actually dared to attack and injure us? Do you know who we are? We're Tie Family disciples! I'm Tie Xiao and my father is the Tie Family's Patriarch, Tie Fang! You're f*cking dead, I tell you!"

"Tie Fang?" Huang Xiaolong snickered.

So, this little brat was that what's-his-name Tie Family Patriarch's son... in other words, he was Guo Shiwen's nephew? No wonder this brat was another arrogant young master!

Huang Xiaolong lifted his right hand again, fingers bent a little like a claw as he clutched at Tie Xiao's throat, lifting him into the air. Exactly what he did to the Guo Brothers two years ago.

Being lifted up into the air by his throat, Tie Xiao had disbelief and fear written all over his face.

"Brat, you dareㅡ!"

"Immediately release our Young Lord, if not, even an Immortal descending won't be able to save you!"

"Not only you, your entire family will be buried together with you!" The Tie Family guards roared at the top of their lungs, while the rest stared dumbstruck at Huang Xiaolong's bravado, including the young man that tried to pull Huang Xiaolong to safety earlier.

Listening to the clamors from the Tie Family guards, a mysterious smile arched at the corner of Huang Xiaolong's mouth. Without warning, he let go of his grip on Tie Xiao's throat. However, Huang Xiaolong's action made Tie Xiao think he was afraid. A finger pointed at Huang Xiaolong as Tie Xiao bellowed, "You maggot, it's too late for you even if you let me go now! I want your whole family dead! You, dead!"

Before Tie Xiao could state his powerful threat to the end, Huang Xiaolong struck out another palm with a turn of his wrist, striking accurately on Tie Xiao's chest. Letting out an earth-shaking wail, Tie Xiao's body was sent flying. When he crashed down, large amounts of blood were spurting out from his mouth.

"Young Lord!!!" The Tie Family guards cried out.

Huang Xiaolong struck out another palm, this time it was aimed towards the Tie Family guards. A palm imprint pierced through space, sending the large group of guards tumbling out in a whirlwind. Huang Xiaolong fused the first move of the Asura Sword Skill into this palm strike, although it was much weaker than using the Blades of Asura, it was sufficient to deal with this level of fodder. Amongst these Tie Family guards, the strongest was only a Xiantian Second Order. Therefore, to Huang Xiaolong they were a trivial inconvenience.

The heads in the crowd turned to look at Tie Xiao and his guards, then turned the other way to look at Huang Xiaolong. There were a thousand and one expressions, from admiration to worship, pity, and others in between.

At this point, the same young man who pulled Huang Xiaolong earlier arrived at his side, saying in an anxious tone, "Bro, hurry and leave the Imperial City immediately, run as far as you can! If the Guo and Tie Families' people arrive, you won't be able to run even if you wanted to!"

"Run?" Huang Xiaolong shook his head. "I've just returned. My younger sister is getting married in three day's time, I need to be there for the ceremony so I won't run."

The young man blanked at Huang Xiaolong's reason, "Bro, how can you be thinking about your younger sister's wedding in this situation? Fleeing for your life supersedes everything, if your life is already gone, would you still be talking about attending your younger sister's wedding?!"

Watching the young man's anxiety and concern for him, a feeling of goodwill towards this young man emerged in his heart. After all, they were nothing more than strangers on the same street

"Which family are you from?" Huang Xiaolong looked at the young man and asked.

Again, the young man blanked. What situation was he in, this man still has the time to enquire which family he's from?!

"Bro, forget which family I come from. Quickly get out of the Imperial City, most likely the Guo and Tie Families already knew what happened here!" The young man became even more anxious.

Whereas Huang Xiaolong was cool as a cucumber, "What are you so anxious for?"

Hearing this sentence made the young man speechless to the core. In the end, he could only give up, answering Huang Xiaolong with a helpless expression: "My name's Gao Yong, a Gao Family disciple from the Geer Kingdom."

Huang Xiaolong nodded, "Since we're both free, how about we go and have a few drinks?"

Since we're both free?

Have a few drinks?!

The young man felt an onslaught of dizziness, he truly did not know what to say anymore.

...

At this time, Guo Shiwen, Guo Shiyuan, and some others were seated in the Guo Family Mansion's main hall, laughter and voices filled the air. Next to Guo Shiwen sat a beautiful woman, and that beautiful woman Guo Xiaoqing, Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan's younger sister.

Guo Xiaoqing was laughed dazzlingly, "Big brother, Second brother, now that our family is becoming in-laws with the Huang Family, even Emperor Duanren needs to pay attention to our Guo Family. I want to see who dares to blaspheme our Guo Family in the future!"

Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan were full of smiles.

"Patriarch!!" At this moment, a Guo Family guard ran into the main hall all flustered shouting, "It's bad, Young Master Tie Xiao was beaten on the streets!"

Guo Shiwen, Guo Shiyuan, and Guo Xiaoqing were stupefied!

"What did you say?!" A brief moment passed and Guo Xiaoqing instantly awakened as the meaning of the Guo Family guard dawned on her, "You're saying someone wounded my Xiao'er?"

"Yes, on Dawn River Street!" The guard confirmed.

"Dawn River Street," Guo Shiyuan repeated, "It's not far from our Guo Mansion."

Guo Xiaoqing jumped to her feet. Undisguisable wrath in her voice: "I want to see who has such big guts to dare hurt my Xiao'er!"

Guo Shiwen stood up too, ordering the guard with a cold sneer, "Tell people to have the city gates on lockdown, that punk must not escape!" He turned towards Guo Shiyuan and Guo Xiaoqing, "Let's go and have a look, we'll capture that punk alive!"

Chapter 235: Young Noble Huang!

"Big bro, do we need to inform Father about this matter?" At this moment Guo Shiyuan brought up a question.

Hearing this, Guo Shiwen chuckled instead, "I say, Second Bro, how big could this matter be? Is there a need to bother Father with such sesame-seed size matter? The Old Man is accompanying House Master Huang, Miss Huang Min, and the rest."

"That's right." Guo Xiaoqing a parroted her Big brother's decision, "Second Brother, in my opinion, you're becoming more of a scaredy cat. With the status our Guo Family has now, who do we need to be afraid of? Even if that person is Duan Wuhen, he must still give our Guo Family an explanation!"

Guo Shiyuan no longer opened his mouth at his sister's words.

Hence, the three of them exited the Guo Mansion in a grand manner, leading more than a hundred experts with them, heading towards Dawn River Street. The entire Duanren Imperial City was on lockdown, the commoner felt a heavy foreboding atmosphere like the gloomy monsoon rain.

The entire time, Huang Xiaolong stood in the same spot, in the same street, chatting merrily with the young man.

Anxiety was biting all over Gao Yong like a million ants when he suddenly paled, staring at Huang Xiaolong's back. At the end of the street, Guo Shiwen, Guo Shiyuan, and Guo Xiaoqing were rushing in their direction.

Gao Yong's heart sank faster than falling off a cliff.

Noticing Gao Yong's expression, Huang Xiaolong knew that behind him the Guo Family had arrived, but he acted indifferent to the situation. Tie Xiao and the Tie Family guards, on the other hand, lit up when they saw Guo Shiwen's group walking towards them on the street, with a trail of experts.

However, when Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan saw Huang Xiaolong's back, both of them stiffened.

"This is...?!" Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan exchanged a look, the expressions on their faces mirrored each other, unease, fear, and terror. Although they had yet to see the person's face, still, how could they not recognize Huang Xiaolong's silhouette?

Guo Xiaoqing's anger had already erupted from afar, seeing her son's injured appearance, "Who wounded my Xiao'er!? I will dig out all the bones in his body one by one!"

When these words entered Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan's ears, their faces turned from pale to ghastly white.

"Mother!" Under the Tie Family guards' assistance, Tie Xiao managed to greet his mother, Guo Xiaoqing, and came to her side. "It was him, it was this little punk! Mother, after you've captured this punk, I want to dig out every bone in his body with my own hands!"

Guo Xiaoqing looked at Huang Xiaolong with a contemptuous cold sneer, "Don't worry, he has no way to run!" Her eyes signaled one of the guards that followed along. Just as that guard was about to take action, Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan finally awoke from their trance.

"Stop!!" Both bellowed at the same time. Their order was so sudden that everyone was stunned for a moment, turning towards them.

Before the stunned Tie Xiao, Guo Xiaoqing, Gao Yong, and the crowd, Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan approached Huang Xiaolong looking like frightened kids, faces full of guilt and apprehension: "Young Noble Huang!"

Young Noble Huang! Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan's stance was filled with fear, trepidation and utmost respect. Utterly shocking everyone around!

Even more so was Tie Xiao, his eyes were rounded wide, as were his Mother's eyes next to him, and Gao Yong standing in front of Huang Xiaolong.

Gao Yong's gaze fell on Huang Xiaolong. To be called respectfully as Young Noble Huang by Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan, there was only....

There was only...?!

Huang Xiaolong!

He is Huang Xiaolong! The thought flashed in Gao Yang's mind and his breathing quickened, a little light-headed that the Huang Xiaolong was standing in front of him! Heavens! He actually spoke with Huang Xiaolong?! Wait, wait, wait, what did Huang Xiaolong call him just now, brother?! Yes, it was 'brother.' Huang Xiaolong even invited him to drink a few cups of wine?! Gao Yong could hardly determine the directions of north, south, east, or west at the moment.

Gao Yong guessed Huang Xiaolong's identity from Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan's greetings, and so did Tie Xiao, Guo Xiaoqing, and the rest of the guards that followed over.

Suddenly, Tie Xiao's four limbs started to shake uncontrollably. The Tie Family guards' legs were swaying violently as if there was a class thirteen super earthquake.

Guo Xiaoqing's beautiful face lost all color.

What did she say to Huang Xiaolong just now? Dig out every bone from his body one by one?

Finally, Huang Xiaolong turned around, looking at the frightened Guo Shiwen and Guo Shiyuan before glancing at the trembling Tie Xiao and the ashen Guo Xiaoqing.

"Patriarch Guo." Huang Xiaolong 'greeted' nonchalantly.

Hearing that, Guo Shiwen stood in attention: "Here, Young Noble Huang!"

Here, Young Noble Huang!

Guo Shiwen's response before Huang Xiaolong raised weird expressions from the crowd, he was akin to a well-trained house slave.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes scanned the hundred over experts standing behind Guo Shiwen, his indifferent voice sounded: "Patriarch Guo brought so many people over so that you can dig out my bones one by one?"

Beads of sweat poured out on Guo Shiwen's forehead and face as he listened to the question. He hurried to deny, "Young Noble Huang, it's a misunderstanding, really a misunderstanding. We really didn't know it was you, truly!" If he knew early on, give him a thousand hearts and he still wouldn't dare to do such a thing, ah! At this moment, Guo Shiwen even wished he could just drop dead!

"Tie Xiao, why aren't you kneeling down and begging forgiveness from Young Noble Huang?!" Guo Shiyuan suddenly turned around and snapped furiously at Tie Xiao.

Tie Xiao somehow managed to walk to Huang Xiaolong with his shivering knees. Falling to a kneel, Tie Xiao exclaimed fearfully, "Young Noble Huang, I, I didn't know it was you, Your Elderly! Have mercy, ah!"

Your Elderly!

Watching the incoherent and clumsy Tie Xiao due to overly frightened, Huang Xiaolong frowned. Noticing the tiny frown on Huang Xiaolong's brows, Guo Shiyuan's heart plummeted, and it was at this time that several figures came with the wind whistling. In the blink of an eye, they arrived in the midst of the scene.

"Ancestor!"

"Senior Zhao, Senior Zhang!"

The several people were Guo Family's Ancestor Guo Chen, as well Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu.

Guo Shiwen, Guo Shiyuan, and the other Guo Family members' hanging hearts loosened slightly by seeing Guo Chen's arrival.

"Young Lord!" Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu walked up to Huang Xiaolong, greeting respectfully.

Huang Xiaolong nodded in return.

"Father!" Guo Shiwen, Guo Shiyuan, and Guo Xiaoqing hurried to Guo Chen's side, but before they could utter the second word, Guo Chen barked: "All three of you kneel down!" The three adults shivered at Guo Chen's order. Yet, all three knelt down obediently.

Ignoring his children, Guo Chen came beside Huang Xiaolong, smiling: "Young Noble Huang, I already heard what happened here, please be assured that I will punish them and give you a satisfactory explanation." He placed himself at a lower stance, full of courtesy and respect.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, "Three days later is my sister's wedding, I will forgive this matter here. However, I do not wish to see similar things in the future!"

Since Guo Chen had spoken, Huang Xiaolong would still give him some face. He didn't want the matter to become bigger just when his sister was marrying into the Guo Family.

"Yes, Young Noble Huang! Rest assured, it will never happen again, such a thing." Guo Chen sighed in relief inwardly as he guaranteed Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, he turned back towards Gao Yang beside him, "Let us go for a drink?"

Chapter 236: Chen Tianqi's Suspicion

Go for a few drinks?! Gao Yong looked at Huang Xiaolong in a daze. In the next moment, his young blood boiled, coursing through his veins with excitement, and his heartbeat turned cartwheels in his chest. However, on the surface he only managed to nod his agreement in stiff movements.

Before long, Gao Yong followed Huang Xiaolong, leaving the Dawn River Street. The entire way, Gao Yong felt as if he was floating on a cloud, nothing could hook him back to earth.

When Huang Xiaolong reached the outside of the Southern Hill Estate, Huang Peng and Su Yan craned their necks as they waited for him at the front entrance. The moment Su Yan spotted Huang Xiaolong's figure appearing on the horizon, she hurried out in a few steps, pulling Huang Xiaolong into a hug, "Long'er, you're finally home!"

Being embraced in public by his mother at his age made Huang Xiaolong slightly embarrassed, but he clearly felt Su Yan's motherly love and longing for her son. Recalling the fact these years he had mostly been apart from his family, either away or cultivating, spending very little time with them, a trace of guilt rose in Huang Xiaolong's heart.

"Yes Mother, I'm back!" Huang Xiaolong affirmed. Inwardly, his heart soured.

"Good, good, as long as our son comes back safely. There are so many people here, Yan'er, don't embarrass our son, let us go in first." Huang Peng came to his son's rescue at this moment, comforting his wife at the same time.

Only then did Su Yan release her son. She knew her son's identity and status were no longer the same, hugging in public like this was indeed embarrassing.

"Big brother!" Huang Min stood in front of her big brother while smiling sheepishly in happiness.

Huang Xiaolong laughed watching his younger sister, "Your wedding's in two days' time, your Big brother made an effort to rush back. Thankfully, I made it in time!"

"Big bro!" Huang Min's eyes turned red-rimmed instantly. She too rushed up and hugged Huang Xiaolong for some time before letting go. Huang Xiaolong studied his sister's loveable, delicate face as he lifted his right hand to wipe away the tears flowing from the corner of Huang Min's eyes, he was pleased and content: the little girl finally grew up.

He could clearly recall as if it was yesterday when he used to sneak out to the back mountain to practice the Body Metamorphose Scripture, a little girl used to go all the way up the hill to look for him.

More than ten years had passed... in the blink of an eye.

After the New Year, the little girl would be nineteen, and he, twenty.

"You're old enough to get married yet you still cry like a little kid. Come, let's go in." Huang Xiaolong smiled, teasing Huang Min.

Huang Min nodded in agreement, tears turning into a spurt of laughter. Hence, Huang Xiaolong, Huang Peng, Su Yan, and the others standing at the door went into Southern Estate Manor's great hall, where lively words and sounds of laughter continued.

Two days later was Huang Min's big wedding day, and Huang Xiaolong's return heightened the festive atmosphere building up in the Southern Hill Estate. Huang Xiaolong was the backbone of the Huang Family, if Huang Xiaolong was unable to make it back in time for Huang Min's wedding, the celebration and atmosphere would have felt lacking in some way.

Several hours later, Huang Xiaolong left the great hall and went back to his courtyard. Summoning Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and Fei Hou over, inquiring over the matters over the past two years in the Southern Hill Estate. The three of them respectively reported the matters under their charge one by one.

According to their reports, the Nine Tripod Commerce was established successfully in Duanren Imperial City, and had opened many branches in Duanren Empire's main cities. Due to Emperor Duanren's strong support, progress and business was good, laying a good foundation. In less than two years' time, the daily revenues had exceeded three to four thousand gold coins.

With Nine Tripod Commerce's development, Huang Xiaolong believed that within thirty to forty years, it would become one of the top four companies in Duanren Empire.

"Any movements from Yao Fei or the Deities Templar?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

Zhao Shu shook his head, "Ever since the battle in Duanren Institute where Yao Fei was rescued by that person from Deities Templar, he did not show himself again. There were no movements from Deities Templar."

Huang Xiaolong nodded, "Tighten the estate's patrol for the next two days."

"Sovereign, you mean to say Yao Fei and Deities Templar might use Miss Huang Min's wedding day to make trouble?" Zhang Fu asked his doubt.

"The possibility exists, there's nothing wrong with being extra careful." Huang Xiaolong said.

The Yao Family's Manor, its foundation, its headquarters was burned to the ground by him, Yao Fei and the Yao Ancestor fled like dogs with their tails between their legs. No doubt they would retaliate sooner or later.

Huang Xiaolong had a feeling, on the day of his sister Huang Min's wedding, something would happen.

"Sovereign, there's something this Subordinate wishes to report." At this point, Zhao Shu interjected.

"Oh, speak." Huang Xiaolong permitted.

"Both of us, me and Zhang Fu, left Asura's Gate headquarters and Main Domain Chief Chen Tianqi might have become suspicious of something going on. He...has sent people over to Snow Wind Continent." Zhao Shu hesitated before revealing the latter information.

Huang Xiaolong looked over, a light flickering in his eyes. Has Chen Tianqi finally become aware of his existence?!

However, it had been quite some time since Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu left Asura's Gate, thus it was normal for Chen Tianqi to be suspicious. Since Chen Tianqi took the first step by sending someone over, it was safe to assume he might soon come over the the Snow Wind Continent himself as well. He knew this was inevitable, sooner or later it would arrive.

Perhaps the day when he and Chen Tianqi finally meet would be the day when they compete for the Asura's Gate Sovereign throne.

"Asura's Gate Sovereign!" The Asura Ring on Huang Xiaolong's finger gleamed.

Huang Xiaolong planned to go against Deities Templar, and it would be an almost impossible feat relying only on himself, therefore Huang Xiaolong must capture Asura's gate Sovereign position. Control Asura's Gate and its million disciples.

"In fact, Sovereign need not worry too much for now. Sovereign possesses the Asura Ring, the rightful successor appointed by the Old Sovereign. Even if Main Domain Chief Chen Tianqi arrives here, he can't do anything to Sovereign!" Zhang Fu spoke.

Huang Xiaolong nodded in silence.

Though Zhang Fu said so, if he wanted full control of Asura's Gate he must first subjugate Chen Tianqi!

"Sovereign, did you manage to enter the Buddha Cavern in your trip to the Blessed Buddha Empire?" Zhao Shu glanced at Huang Xiaolong, and cautiously asked the question he had been burning to know the answer to.

Zhang Fu and Fei Hou quickly turned their attention onto Huang Xiaolong. Detecting the subtle expressions on the trio, Huang Xiaolong could guess what was going inside their minds. Smiling slightly, he nodded, "Yes, Godly Mt. Xumi has been reined in by me." It wasn't necessary to keep the matter a secret from them, they would learn about it one way or another.

Time seemed to paused for a moment for Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and Fei Hou. Then all three dropped to their knee in salute, excitedly lauding: "Sovereign invincible throughout!"

"Sovereign invincible throughout!"

The Godly Mt. Xumi!

The number one treasure listed on the Heavenly Treasure, it was beyond their imagination that one day their Asura's Gate Sovereign would successfully rein it!

That was the legendary Godly Mt. Xumi, ah, a treasure rumored to possess the most unbelievable power in this world for severals thousands of years.

Thinking of this, all three of them couldn't help but shiver excitedly.

The truth was, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu weren't fully confident in Huang Xiaolong wrestling the Asura's Gate Sovereign position from Chen Tianqi. Now, however, they had no qualms fully standing behind Huang Xiaolong. If he could even rein in heavenly treasures such the Godly Mt. Xumi, would there be things he cannot do?!

"Stand up." Huang Xiaolong looked at the three people kneeling, said.

Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and Fei Hou acknowledged respectfully before rising to a stand.

"Pay attention to the supply of grade one spirit stones, I want to procure a batch of grade one spirit stones." Huang Xiaolong then added.

A batch?! All three were stupefied.

Chapter 237: Snow Wind Continent's Number One Beauty

A batch of grade one spirit stones! The three middle-aged men exchanged glances between themselves.

"Sovereign, what do you need so many grade one spirit stones for?" Zhao Shu tried asking.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, "I have a use for them, just pay attention and have them ready for me."

"Yes Sovereign!" Seeing this, Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, and Fei Hou dared not inquire into the matter.

Huang Xiaolong further asked for information about Chen Tianqi from the three of them. A short while later, the three figures left Huang Xiaolong's courtyard.

After they had left, Huang Xiaolong entered the Godly Mt. Xumi's temple at the belly of the mountain. Coming to the Xumi Temple's side hall, Huang Xiaolong swallowed a drop of Geocentric Buddha Elixir and entered the center of the Ten Buddha Formation to practice the Godly Xumi Art.

While Huang Xiaolong was practicing the Godly Xumi Art, internally, the Asura Tactics and Body Metamorphose Scripture would start running on their own. All of this happened while Huang Xiaolong's twin dragon martial spirits hovered in the void above him, long bodies coiled, devouring and absorbing three different energies gushing down―the ancient Buddhism energy, true dragon qi, and the netherworld spiritual energy.

Above the space in Huang Xiaolong's Qi Sea, a golden Buddha, a golden dragon, and an Archdemon silhouette brightly glimmered.

The night passed in practice.

Opening his eyes, Huang Xiaolong breathed out foul qi from his mouth, "At this rate, within three months I can advance into the Sixth Order!" Sensing the power coursing inside his body, Huang Xiaolong was secretly delighted.

Xiantian Sixth Order!

No more than three years passed since Huang Xiaolong stepped into the Xiantian realm! Before, this was something Huang Xiaolong himself dared not believe.

Coming out from the Xumi Temple, Huang Xiaolong's sight caught a glimpse of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. A thought suddenly struck him. He already reached Xiantian Fifth Order, so he wondered if he would be able to open the third layer on the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. What would be kept there on the third layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda?

Not dawdling, Huang Xiaolong initiated his battle qi and tried to open the third layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. A glaring light flashed before Huang Xiaolong's eyes, and after opening them again, he was in a different space.

The four sides of this space were golden walls in four directions, similar to the first and second layer space in the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. Only, this third layer was much bigger. Huang Xiaolong's eyes scanned the space slowly, instantly enthralled by the grand altar in the middle of the space!

An enormous sacrificial altar! All over the sacrificial altar were dense carvings of ancient runes, combining into a large mysterious array. Up on the sacrificial altar were nineteen giant puppets that gave off a crystal-like resplendent radiance.

All nineteen giant puppets exuded whelming pressure.

There was nothing else in the third layer space other than the altar and the nineteen puppets on it.

"These are... puppets?" Huang Xiaolong blanked for a moment looking at the nineteen giant puppets. He had heard about puppets from Zhao Shu. Puppets were something that certain people refined using some secret method, from dead thingsㅡpuppets were undoubtedly loyal! However, there were distinctions between low and high-grade puppets.

Low-grade puppets had no intelligence and wore a sluggish expression, following the orders of their master, but some high-grade puppets were said to possess simple thoughts. Although lacking compared the average living beings, high-grade puppets could have independent thoughts and actions to a certain extent.

Huang Xiaolong's silhouette blurred in a flicker, arriving on the sacrificial altar at the center.

From a close distance, Huang Xiaolong noticed on these giant puppets' foreheads, there were tiny runic patterns, looking like a type of special letters of some ancient tribes.

"How do I control these puppets?" Huang Xiaolong wondered as he flew the perimeter of the sacrificial altar before landing on the left hand corner.

In that corner, there was a string of the same ancient runic patterns that Huang Xiaolong couldn't understand. Wrinkling his brows, Huang Xiaolong assumed these ancient writings explained the methods of controlling these puppets, but he had no idea what most of it was.

"Looks like I need to make a trip to Duanren Institute to investigate these ancient writings." Huang Xiaolong muttered to himself. However, he had a feeling that what these writings explained was not the method of controlling the puppets.

"Hmm, I wonder if my current strength allows me to open the fourth layer as well?" Huang Xiaolong immediately acted on the thought, running his battle qi, trying to open the fourth layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. Unfortunately, there was no reaction, even after the second time, everything remained still and calm. Thus, he gave up.

Huang Xiaolong was feeling somewhat depressed at the failure, meaning he would need to break through the high-level Xiantian realm before trying again. Coming out from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, Huang Xiaolong left the Southern Hill Estate in Duanren Institute's direction.

Just as he arrived at Duanren Institute, he ran into Xie Puti at the front entrance.

Xie Puti was surprised running into Huang Xiaolong in this manner, then a huge smile bloomed on his face as one hand clasped over Huang Xiaolong's shoulder, "I say, this time you were missing for almost two years, a pity for me that I can't even find someone to drink with me. Do you know how much suffering I went through this period?!"

Huang Xiaolong laughed wryly, "Then, shall we head to the wine house now?"

"Do you need to ask, you can't escape today!" Xie Puti exclaimed with glee. Both of them headed straight towards the Sapidity Wine House in the amusement area.

While passing by the red house, Xie Puti grinned sheepishly, "How about it? Shall we spend a night here after drinking?"

Huang Xiaolong was stumped at the idea, smiling bitterly he shook his head: "Forget it."

Xie Puti chuckled, "Ever since Yao Fei fled in shame, Zhao Wuji, that tramp, rarely shows her face in Duanren Institute anymore. This red house is mostly handled by Cui Li, that tramp, now."

"Cui Li..." This piece of news was unexpected for Huang Xiaolong. Inexplicably, he couldn't remember the time during the Imperial City Battle, of Cui Li clinging onto him, the attempts of 'seduction.' Thinking about it, it was close to two years since he hadn't seen Cui Li.

"What? Missing that tramp?" Detecting the myriad of changes flashing passed Huang Xiaolong's face, Xie Puti taunted good-naturedly.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head in silence. A few moments later, both of them walked into the Sapidity Wine House. Like all those times before, like it was a tradition, Huang Xiaolong took all of the remaining jugs of Sapidity Wine for the day. Cups clinked continuously as Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti enjoyed their wine.

"I heard you were in Blessed Buddha Empire?" Xie Puti asked.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, not denying his whereabouts.

Xie Puti continued, "I heard Blessed Buddha Empire's Holy Buddhism Maiden, Shi Xiaofei is our Snow Wind Continent's number one beauty. So, did you get the chance to meet her when you were there?"

Shi Xiaofei? Snow Wind Continent's number one beauty?

Huang Xiaolong was baffled at the multitude of questions and then laughed wryly. He found this Xie Puti overlapping with Luo Tong Kingdom's Prince Lu Kai with each passing day. Thinking of Lu Kai, he wondered, how was he now? He would probably ascend to the Luo Tong Kingdom's throne in a few years' time.

Huang Xiaolong had no chance to meet that fella ever since he came to Duanren Imperial City, and truth be told, he missed that guy a little.

Huang Xiaolong didn't have many friends, there was one Lu Kai, and now a Xie Puti.

"That Shi Xiaofei is Blessed Buddha Emperor Shi Fantian's daughter." Xie Puti continued his topic, "There were rumors coming from the Blessed Buddha Empire saying that if Shi Fantian leaves the Martial Spirit World to ascend to the Buddha World, this Shi Xiaofei would be the most likely person to take over his position as the Empress of Blessed Buddha Empire."

"Oh!" Huang Xiaolong was surprised.

"Forget it, let's not talk about that Shi Xiaofei." Xie Puti chuckled, "The day after tomorrow is your sister's big wedding day, when's your turn coming? Do you need this brother to introduce a few girls to you?"

Chapter 238: The Bedlam Lands

Huang Xiaolong shook his head and laughed hearing Xue Puti's generous offer, "No need". Li Lu's shadow appeared in his mind.

Xie Puti chuckled at Huang Xiaolong's reaction, "I've heard about your story. Is it because of that girl that the Deities Templar took away, Li Lu?"

Huang Xiaolong didn't want to talk about it, so, changing the topic, he asked, "Do you know which auction house keeps grade one spirit stones?" The Xie Family had a broad intelligence network and Xie Puti could have some information about this.

"You want to buy grade one spirit stones?" Xie Puti was surprised. He continued, "Grade one spirit stones are very scarce and the three top companies in our Duanren Empire rarely auction them, but I know of a place that has them."

"Oh, where is it?" Huang Xiaolong's interest rose.

"Sin City, the Bedlam Lands!" Xie Puti lowered his voice as he said the name of the place.

Huang Xiaolong's brows creased into a furrow.

Zhao Shu had mentioned about this place to him. Bedlam Lands was the most violent, chaotic, complicated, bloodthirsty, and heinous place in the Martial Spirit World. Everywhere, every day was complete balagan filled with killing, thievery, and vile, corrupted morals.

There are three main continents in the Martial Spirit WorldㅡSnow Wind Continent, Starcloud Continent, and Ten Directions Continent. Other than these three continents, there were also many dangerous and forbidden lands.

And this Bedlam Lands sat in between the Snow Wind Continent and Ten Directions Continent, also an ancient battlefield ruin of the primordial God Tribes. Its land area was filled with thick dead air and demonic air. The climate was of polar extremes, from frozen ice lands that stretched as far as a thousand li to scorching plumes of magma, hotter than a furnace, and there were wide barren plains that bore no living beings.

Because of these unique characteristics of the Bedlam Lands, none of the three continents or neighboring empires bothered themselves with it. In short, all three continents washed their hands off the Bedlam Lands.

Amongst all the wicked chaos, Sin City prevailed and stood above others as the largest domain in the Bedlam Lands.

Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti drank as they talked, three hours passed by the time they left the wine house. Outside the entrance, Xie Puti suddenly said, "It's been a long time since the two of us sparred, how about a match?"

Huang Xiaolong was stumped with the sudden request, but he refused, "Next time, I have something to do." He feared Xie Puti would receive too big a blow if his current strength was revealed.

However, Xie Puti insisted vehemently, "No way, I had just broken through to Xiantian Third Order a few days ago, today I absolutely must spar with you as revenge for the Imperial City Battle three years ago!"

Huang Xiaolong looked at Xie Puti seriously, "Must we really spar?"

Xie Puti nodded solemnly: "We definitely must!"

It didn't take them long to get to a secret battle chamber in Duanren Institute. The Duanren Institute constructed two types battle stages within its grounds; the open battle stage and the secret battle chamber. Students were allowed to use these stages to spar with other students; for those who wished to keep things low profile, the secret battle chamber was an option.

Both of them entered the secret battle chamber together, yet barely ten minutes later, both were seen walking back out again. Xie Puti was swollen in the face with black and green bruises and a slight limp in his gait. All the while, a strange expression hung on his face as he glanced at Huang Xiaolong from time to time. He was depressed, frustrated, and many complex emotions all rolled into one.

Huang Xiaolong looked at Xie Puti saying, "I've said next time, you were the one who insisted to spar."

Xie Puti cursed wryly, "Damn, you freak actually broke through to the Fourth Order?! It seems hardly possible anymore to avenge myself in the future!"

After entering the secret battle chamber earlier, Huang Xiaolong merely exposed a Xiantian Fourth Order's strength. Even so, Xie Puti was beaten up to the point he was crying for mercy within ten minutes. His situation could only be described as miserable, he couldn't put even an inch of resistance in front of Huang Xiaolong.

That year, during the Imperial City Battle, Huang Xiaolong defeated Xie Puti with the strength an order lower, at Xiantian First Order. Now that Huang Xiaolong's strength exceeded his, all his dreams of revenge were pulverized into powdered dust.

Hearing Xie Puti claiming his strength to be Xiantian Fourth Order, Huang Xiaolong did not clarify the misunderstanding, it would only rise more unnecessary issues if Xie Puti knew the truth: not only had he broken through Xiantian Fifth Order, his strength was actually closer to a peak late-Xiantian Fifth Order, Xie Puti might start knocking his head against walls.

"I have some injury healing pellets, do you want some?" Huang Xiaolong grinned as he took out a small jade bottle from the Asura Ring.

Xie Puti grumbled as his hand reached out to take the bottle, "Couldn't you be a little gentler."

Huang Xiaolong laughed: "Then I'll be gentler next time."

A cold shiver ran down Xie Puti's back hearing this. He quickly shook his head and waved his hands vigorously, "Forget it, no matter who I find to spar with, I won't be looking for you!"

Both broke out in laughter.

Moments later, Xie Puti left the Duanren Institute, while Huang Xiaolong made his way to the Institute's library.

At the library entrance, just as Huang Xiaolong wanted to step in, he was stopped by one of the students on guard. The student librarian looked at Huang Xiaolong up and down as he stated, "Are you a new student? Don't you know the Institute's rules? To enter the library, all students must display their student badge and wear the Institute's robe."

Huang Xiaolong's brows scrunched slightly.

Indeed, there was such a rule in Duanren Institute, however, under normal circumstances, the student librarians wouldn't really request every student that enters the library to be in robes and have the Institute's badge on display. Because no one dared to disguise as a Duanren Institute's student unless they felt they had lived enough.

'But... this student librarian doesn't recognize me? It has only been two years since I have left the Institute,' Huang Xiaolong touched his chin as this thought crossed his mind.

"I don't have the Institute's student badge on me right now." Huang Xiaolong said, and he was telling the truth.

However, though he may not have the Institute's student badge with him, he did have Duan Ren's Golden Token and was pondering if he should take that out instead. Unfortunately, the student librarian's actions were quicker. Sneering, he said: "Don't have your student badge on you? Little rascal, I think you aren't our Duanren Institute's student at all! How dare you disguise yourself as one of our Duanren Institute's students!"

Huang Xiaolong was struck dumb at the accusation, a wry smile appeared at the corner of his mouth.

Yet the student librarian was emboldened and continued, "Little rascal, you're really looking for death daring to disguise as our Duanren Institute's student! Come, you're coming with me to the Penalty Hall!" His hands reached out, wanting to capture Huang Xiaolong.

This student librarian didn't seem weak, a strong gust of wind formed as his fingers bent into a claw shape, reaching out. Huang Xiaolong stood calmly, waiting. When the student librarian's hand drew close before him, Huang Xiaolong raised his palm and gently pressed forward, instantly shattering the claw attack.

The student librarian felt an overwhelming force surging towards him, pushing him back again and again until he reached the corner. Being repelled so easily by Huang Xiaolong, the student librarian was surprised and angry at the same time. He made a second attempt to detain Huang Xiaolong, a glaring light burst out from his body, going out at full force.

"Wait!" Huang Xiaolong shouted.

It was ignored by the student librarian, his palm continued to aim at Huang Xiaolong, stronger than before, laced with a trace of killing intent.

Detecting this, Huang Xiaolong's eyes grew cold as his patience wore thin. When the student librarian got close enough, Huang Xiaolong's body swayed to the side, his palm snaked out and landed a palm strike on his chest.

The student librarian screamed, his body thrown far back. His scream attracted the attention of others, thundering footsteps rushed in from all directions towards the library's entrance.

Chapter 239: Ancient Puppetry Art

Detecting more than a dozen strong auras rushing in his direction, Huang Xiaolong remained calm. Within a few breaths' gap, several student librarians had Huang Xiaolong surrounded.

In that dozen of student librarians, most had an expression of astonishment seeing him. Obviously, some of them recognized Huang Xiaolong.

At this point, the first student librarian sent flying by Huang Xiaolong's palm climbed up from the floor and wobbled to his fellow students' side, specifically 'reporting' to one of them, "Senior Brother Chen, this rascal wanted to trespass into the library, disguising himself as our Duanren Institute's student. I tried to stop him but he attacked and injured me!"

The student librarians that recognized Huang Xiaolong turned a ghastly shade of white hearing that. Especially Senior Brother Chen. His hand shot out in anger, slapping the student librarian with enough force to send him tumbling away before turning around and facing Huang Xiaolong on his knees, "Young Noble Huang, he's blind for being unable to recognize Your Elderly, please forgive us!"

The others who recognized Huang Xiaolong quickly followed suit on their knees out of apprehension, whereas the first student librarian was flabbergasted and stood dazedly as he watched a group of student experts including Senior Brother Chen on their knees.

Unable to recognize Your Elderly? Huang Xiaolong looked at this 'Senior Brother Chen' who was kneeling in front him. Did he look so old?

"It's nothing, all of you get up." Huang Xiaolong said.

That Senior Brother Chen hesitated for quite a while before slowly getting to his feet. Although he stood up, his waist leaned at a respectful angle with his head lowered, not daring to look at Huang Xiaolong directly. The other student librarians stood in a similar posture.

"Can I go in now?" Huang Xiaolong asked.

Senior Brother Chen blanked at Huang Xiaolong's question, unable to make heads or tails out of it, he remained blank.

"Can I go in now?" Huang Xiaolong asked again when no response came.

Senior Brother Chen reacted this time around, nodding energetically, "Of course, of course, Young Noble Huang. Please, please, this way Young Noble Huang!" swiftly stepping to the side, giving a wide berth for Huang Xiaolong to pass. The other students parted to the sides, making a big path in the middle.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, lifted his foot and walked into the library.

Only after Huang Xiaolong was out of sight did Senior Brother Chen straighten his back, cold sweat seemed to soak the back of his robe through and through. His hand dripped with drops of sweat from his forehead.

Some students that were still confused as to who Huang Xiaolong was, came beside Senior Brother Chen, cautiously inquiring, "Senior Brother Chen, who was that kid just now, ah?"

Senior Brother Chen scanned the faces crowding around him, slowly spitting three words from his mouth: "Huang-Xiao-Long!"

Huang Xiaolong!

Like an abrupt thunderbolt on a clear day, the students trembled and eyes rounded with fear. Whereas the first student librarian who had just gotten up from the floor a second time felt his legs weaken, shaking uncontrollably, falling butt first to the ground.

That person was actually Huang Xiaolong! Huang Xiaolong, the person even Emperor Duanren needed to greet as Young Noble Huang courteously!

"Oh my mother, so that was His Elderly!" After a long time, one of the student librarians exclaimed aloud when the truth sunk in.

That Senior Brother Chen looked at the first student librarian, "I hope Young Noble Huang doesn't blame us, if not, not only us, even our families might be implicated!"

While shocked discussions were going on at the front, Huang Xiaolong arrived at the ancient languages section of the library, flipping through books one by one from the shelves and comparing them to the ancient runic-like patterns etched on the edge of the sacrificial altar.

There was more than one ancient language in existence. The ancient demonic beast clan and ancient human race used different forms of writing and just the ancient human race alone had many different forms, based on their own tribes' uniqueness.

"The Linglong Tribe." Out of the many books he had pulled from the shelves, Huang Xiaolong found similar ancient texts belonging to the Linglong Tribe in the yellowed pages of an old book. Comparing them to the text he saw on the sacrificial altar, Huang Xiaolong's eyes shone with joy.

According to the old book, the Linglong Tribe was one of the ten biggest human race tribes.

"Golden Linglong Body?!" Suddenly, Huang Xiaolong was shocked as he read further down, for the book brought up the Golden Linglong Body. His eyes narrowed in concentration. His shock increased as the book stated that the Golden Linglong Body originated from the ancient Linglong Tribe's sacred canon!

"Could the Linglong Treasure Pagoda have been refined by the ancient Linglong Tribe?!" A great wave rose in Huang Xiaolong's heart, for the Linglong Treasure Pagoda's heritage skill was none other than the Golden Linglong Body!

On top of that, the text patterns on the sacrificial altar on the third layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda matched with the ancient Linglong Tribe's text. Without a doubt, the Linglong Treasure Pagoda was definitely connected to this ancient tribe.

Several hours later, Huang Xiaoling finally finished translating the text on the sacrificial altar in the third layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda.

Puppetry Art!

These words jumped out at Huang Xiaolong. The sacrificial altar actually recorded an ancient puppetry art.

The records stated that cultivating the Ancient Puppetry Art could continuously temper and strengthen one's spiritual force and will. The stronger and more powerful one's spiritual force and will, the higher the chances of them refining a high-grade puppet, which was more powerful.

Huang Xiaolong was ecstatic beyond words. This Ancient Puppetry Art could temper and strengthen one's spiritual force and will!

Huang Xiaolong did not lack battle qi cultivation techniques or battle skills, the only thing he lacked was a way to temper his spiritual force!

It was already dark outside by the time Huang Xiaolong come out from the library. When he reached the entrance, the dozen or so student librarians were still there.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong emerging from within the library, all of them shivered for no reason, scrambling forward as they called out: "Young Noble Huang, you're out!"

Huang Xiaolong's eyes swept over them, he knew very well the reason these students were still waiting here for him. He openly said, "Very well, I don't blame any of you for this matter, go home."

Huang Xiaolong truly did not hold the matter in his heart. At the moment, he was in a very good mood due to the Ancient Puppetry Art.

Huang Xiaolong walked away after leaving such a sentence to the student librarians. Only then were Senior Brother Chen and the rest able to breathe out in relief as if they had just escaped the biggest calamity of their lives.

When Huang Xiaolong returned to the Southern Hill Estate, he immediately entered the third layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. In a single leap, he landed on the sacrificial altar at the center. Going through the ancient text once again, committing it to his memory, he sat cross-legged and started practicing, following the method stated.

The essence of practicing this Ancient Puppetry Art was meditation, meditation, and meditation. Meditate to sense everything in the world, letting his spirit blend into the surrounding space, feeling every gust of wind, every drop of water, every spark of fire in the space around him, allowing them to temper his spiritual force.

The night passed quickly.

Although it was merely one night, Huang Xiaolong could feel a significant improvement in his spiritual force.

It seems I must practice at least three months before I can start controlling these puppets. Huang Xiaolong stared at the nineteen giant puppets.

He estimated that with his practice speed he needed three months to achieve minor completion in the Ancient Puppetry Art, entering the first level to brand a soul mark. Only after branding the puppets with a soul mark was it considered fully controlling them.

Chapter 240: Trouble Really Came!

Two days passed in busy preparations for the wedding.

On this day, Huang Xiaolong exited the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, where he had spent the last two days perfecting his self-created Earthen Buddha Palm skill.

Huang Xiaolong's Earthen Buddha Palm was inspired by the millions of Buddha statues in the Buddha Cavern, the invisible spiritual pressure emanating from each of the far reaching waves of Buddha statues and their effect on the spirit, while the Ancient Puppetry Art was a rare cultivation technique that strengthened one's spiritual force. Thus, practicing the Ancient Puppetry Art greatly enhanced Huang Xiaolong's Earthen Buddha Palm's attack power.

After two days of practice, Huang Xiaolong saw a big stride in improvement for his Earthen Buddha Palm. But then again, Huang Xiaolong did not neglect his Godly Xumi Art, Asura Tactics, and Body Metamorphose Scripture. He was getting stronger with each passing day.

When Huang Xiaolong appeared, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu sensed at once the change in Huang Xiaolong's aura, enough to make two high-level Saint realm experts lament with admiration.

"What's the situation these days?" Huang Xiaolong asked Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu when he saw them.

"Replying to Sovereign, everything is normal." Zhao Shu promptly answered.

Huang Xiaolong made his way to the great hall and while doing so, he cautioned them: "Increase defense measures for today, everyone must be extra alert!"

Today was his sister's wedding day! Huang Xiaolong had a strong premonition, Heartless Young Noble Yao Fei would definitely choose to mire his sister's wedding day!

Moments later, Huang Xiaolong arrived at the great hall where Huang Peng, Su Yan, and Huang Xiaohai were waiting.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong walk in, all three of them stood up, gathering around him.

"Father, Mother." Huang Xiaolong greeted.

"Long'er, you're here." Su Yan smiled as she pulled Huang Xiaolong to a chair next to hers.

"Where's Ah Min?" Huang Xiaolong looked around, asking when he did not see his sister.

"Getting her makeup done, she should be coming out soon. The Guo Family will be arriving in an hour or so." Su Yan answered with a small laugh. It was obvious to see that she was very happy.

Huang Xiaolong nodded. A tiny sigh sounded in his heart, in no more than an hour's time, the Guo Family's wedding procession would be picking up his sister, Huang Min. Although the distance between the Southern Hill Estate and Guo Mansion wasn't great, after today, his sister would be counted as a Guo Family member.

Still, Huang Xiaolong was happy for Huang Min, she found someone she loved and wanted to be together with him.

Huang Xiaolong stayed in the great hall, spending some idle time with his parents and younger brother. Half an hour later, Huang Xiaolong said, "They are probably close, let's go and have a look?"

Huang Peng, Su Yan, and Huang Xiaohai nodded happily. Hence, the four stood up and headed towards Huang Min's courtyard.

"Master, Madame, Young Lord, and Third Young Lord!" When they arrived in Huang Min's courtyard, the maidservants and guards knelt in salute.

"Where's Second Miss?" Huang Peng asked.

"Replying to Master, Second Miss is having her makeup done, she should be ready soon." One of the maidservants answered.

Huang Peng nodded and the four of them entered the outer room of Huang Min's boudoir.

"Father, Mother, Big brother, Little Brother!" Huang Min had just finished with her makeup when she saw the four people come in and called out eagerly as she stood up.

Everyone laughed and nodded, praising Huang Min's appearance. "My sister's the most beautiful today." Huang Xiaolong complimented.

Huang Xiaolong spoke the truth. The light makeup emphasized Huang Min's youthfulness with a hint of the budding glamorous woman about to bloom, fresh and alluring.

Huang Min blushed shyly, "Big brother, you only know how to tease me."

"Big Sis, it's true! You look really beautiful today!" Huang Xiaohai chimed in with a huge grin on his face.

Huang Min smiled sweetly, "Really?"

Putting on a solemn expression, Huang Xiaohai insisted in a serious tone: "Really!"

This small interaction made others in the room burst into laughter. Su Yan suddenly stepped forward, pulling Huang Min into her arms. Her eyes turned slightly red, with glistening tears threatening to fall.

"Mother." Huang Min cried. Even she was influenced by Su Yan's tears.

"You, ah, what are you crying for, this is a joyous occasion. Moreover, it's not like Min'er won't be back here." Huang Peng comforted his wife.

Huang Min nodded with resolute, "Mother, I will come back often to visit everyone."

Su Yan wiped the tears away, smiled and nodded. Her baby daughter was getting married! Su Yan was happy, but more than that, she was reluctant to part with her.

A short moment later, blaring sounds from suonas, drums, and gongs came from outside. A sign that the bride escort procession from the Guo Family had arrived to pick up the bride.

"Let's go out." Huang Xiaolong spoke.

Everyone agreed. Thus, Su Yan held Huang Min's hand as they walked out of Huang Min's yard towards the estate's entrance. The main entrance was very lively when they got there, other than the bride escort wedding procession members from the Guo Family, there were spectating disciples from other forces crowding the street.

The Guo Family went all out with the wedding procession, three to four hundred people enough to line from the Southern Hill Estate's entrance to the other end of the street. Spotting Huang Min and the rest coming out from the estate, Guo Tai, who was at the front of the line, hurried to meet them.

He first greeted Huang Peng and Su Yan: "Uncle, Auntie" and then respectfully towards Huang Xiaolong: "Big brother."

Though today was their wedding day, Guo Tai and Huang Min had to go through the ceremony first, before he could change how he addressed Huang Peng and Su Yan. Su Yan nodded and walked over to Guo Tai, releasing Huang Min's hand from her own and placing it into Guo Tai's hands. A symbolic gesture that she was passing her daughter to Guo Tai. While doing this, Su Yan couldn't resist and a teardrop rolled down the corner of her eye.

"Guo Tai," Huang Xiaolong reminded: "You must treat my sister well. If you dare to bully her or make her feel aggrieved in any way, I will not spare you!"

Guo Tai was a little scared but he promised, "Don't worry, Big brother, I will definitely treat Min'er well, I absolutely will not let her be wronged!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded, satisfied.

Soon, the Guo Family's wedding procession lifted up the red bride palanquin with Huang Min sitting inside and started to head towards the Guo Mansion.

Strings of pearl-like tears fell on Su Yan's cheeks as she watched the Guo Family wedding procession leaving, growing smaller in her sight. Huang Peng opened his mouth but no words of comfort came.

"Father, Mother, let's go back first." Huang Xiaolong persuaded. According to Martial Spirit World's tradition, the girl's family needed to wait until the wedding procession reached the future husband's residence before they could go over for the next step ceremony.

Nodding, all of them returned inside the estate.

However, just as everyone turned around, Huang Xiaolong suddenly spun around, eyes searching the other end of the street vigilantly.

"Long'er, what is it?"

Huang Xiaolong replied: "Nothing." But his eyes held a deeper meaning as they directed a look at Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu. Both nodded their heads slightly and disappeared with a sway without anyone noticing.

Huang Xiaolong remained waiting at the same spot after he told Huang Peng, Su Yan, and his younger brother to go in first. Before long, Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu returned.

"So?" Huang Xiaolong questioned.

Both of them shook their head, "Replying to Sovereign, we found nothing."

Huang Xiaolong frowned, he was sure he felt a trace of killing intent. Although it was only a split second instant. Then, Huang Xiaolong's heart sank: Guo Family's wedding procession!

"Zhao Shu, Zhang Fu, both of you immediately go catch up with the Guo Family's wedding team!" Huang Xiaolong blurted out of anxiousness.

Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu exchanged a glance, they understood what Huang Xiaolong meant in the next moment; Huang Xiaolong was afraid Yao Fei might make a move against the wedding procession team!

"Yes, Sovereign!" Both already disappeared before the voice fell.

Huang Xiaolong relaxed a little after sending Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu over. However, a short while after Zhao Shu and Zhang Fu went away, powerful energy fluctuations came from the distance, close to the Southern Hill Estate. Huang Xiaolong's face tightened, they really targeted the Guo Family's wedding procession!

Sister! Huang Xiaolong disappeared in a blur, sprinting towards the source of the energy fluctuations. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 2.5K 17
Wèi Wúxiàn found himself in a place he never expected to be - torn between sadness and despair. The loss of his loved ones, especially his dear son...
6.8K 43 5
52.1K 1.3K 74
The title tells everything. [starts: 20180422 || ends: 20180511]