Mr Rude & Me (Undergoing Edit...

By vintage-wifi

What happens when Ms Innocent, Chelsea-Anne Richards is kicked out of her dorm room and has no place to stay... More

(1): Getting A Place
(2): Notorious Bad Boy
(3): The Rules
(4): A Jerk
(5): Nathan's Surprise
(6): Illegal Drag Racers
(7): Zorro
(8): Kristy's Cafe
(9): Defeated
(10): Calling A Truce
(11): Sick Girl
(12): In Your Feels
(13): Kitten
(14): Happy Birthday
(15): Growing On Me
(16): Daddy Issues
(18): Dangerous Man
*(19): Authors Note
(20): Bitter-Sweet
(21): A Roommate Thing
(22): Bomb Dropped
(23): Flirting?
(24): Home [Kind Of]
(25): First Kiss
(26): Lagoon Red
(27): Official Friendship
(28): Riley
(29): Ice Cream Talks
(30): Reminder
(31): I Love You Guys
(32): High Views
(33): The Story Of RJ
(34): Kyle Everything
(35): Gill Resort
(36): Bad News
(37): Damage Control
(38): Truth or Truth
(39): Discoveries
(40): Enjoyable and Peaceful
(41): Almost... Again!
(42): Work
(43): Princess Willow
(44): Verdict
(45): Family Background
(46): New Year, Old Foes
(47): Confession Session
(48): Mine
(49): No Kissing
(50): Frustrated
(51): Whipped
(52): Okay Romeo
(53): Obsessed
(54): Motivation
(55): Cold Water
(56): Broken
(58): She's Up
(59): Parents Of The Year
(60): Hospital Room
(61): The Chambers
(62): Nirvana
(63): Kim To His Kanye
(64): Let's Talk
(65): Lunch
(66): Unsure
(67): My Idiot
(68): Take You For A Spin
(69): Game Changer
(70): Surprise Party
(71): Best Fucking Night Ever
(72): Favorite Girls
(73): Gym & Food
(74): Date Night
(75): I Love You
(76): Please Come
(77): Missing Girl
(78): Escape Plan
(79): Going Down
(80): Tears
(81): Uncle Ky
(82): Like A Movie
(83): Happy
(84): A Hundred Years
Epilogue

(17): Strong Leverage

138K 2.8K 582
By vintage-wifi

After a long week, it's finally the weekend and this one Kyle is racing again.

He pleaded me not to come watch but I mean, Zorro is still out of the country and I don't see what could go wrong. What am I supposed to do at the apartment all by myself? I very much like watching the races.

Dee has been avoiding Kyle and I the whole week so we haven't had a chance to confront her about telling Winnie. We know for a fact that she hasn't cause Winnie is still kind of giving us the cold shoulder. She doesn't know that she should be giving that to the person that she's been attached by the hip to.

My week just mostly consisted of handing in assignments and getting new ones, also avoiding any type of drama. I have way too much on my plate at the moment.

Everyone else has been okay; Kat, Nick and Nathan. Kyle has gone back to not engaging in conversations with me. Sigh. We just have the usual "hi", "bye", "can I ride with you to and from campus", "please shut up", "Nicholas owes me so much for this"

Like I said... the usual.

Earlier today our conversation consisted of:

"I heard you guys talking about the race. You're forbidden to go" He announced when he came into the apartment. I had just been watching TV.

"Excuse you but you're not my dad" I retorted "I'll go if I want to"

He sighed annoyed "This is not up for debate. Do you want a repeat of last time?"

"You told me that your brother was still out of the country so that definitely won't be happening"

"He can send other people"

I rolled my eyes "Exactly so it's safer if I'm not all alone in the apartment. Plus Nick said he'd protect me"

He scoffed "Nicholas? Really? He's gonna get distracted by any girl that walks past him"

"No he won't" I defended "Don't worry, I won't be your problem. If anything happens, you wont have to 'rescue' me or whatever"

"God, you're fucking stubborn" He grumbled through gritted teeth before walking to his room.

And yeah, that was basically it.

On the Wednesday, Angeline came again making me wonder what he was upset about this time. I think it had something to do with his mom because he had been speaking to her on the phone earlier on.

He probably fixed his speaker because that day I couldn't hear anything from the other side.

Pity.

He's been in a real bad mood ever since.

"Oh my gosh, I wish I could punch that girl in the tits" Kat mutters annoyed from next to me.

I follow her gaze and see a half-naked girl eyeing Nathan like he is her last meal. She whispers something to her other half-naked friend, fixes her hair and then licks her lips before swaying her way to Nathan.

"Okay that's it" Kat screeches angrily making a move and I hold her back. "Let me go, Chelsea, I swear to God"

One thing about my best friend is that she's hot-headed and tends to act irrationally in certain situations such as this one.

"Kathrine. He won't do anything with her. You're here for goodness sake" I scold her sternly, grabbing her chin so she can't look at the sight that's making her this angry.

"Okay then look for me" She grumbles crossing her arms "Tell me what they're doing now"

"He's just talking to her. He looks annoyed. See?"

She growls "Why is he even talking to her?"

"It doesn't matter. From the look on his face I can see that he doesn't want to but clearly she's not getting the message" I tell Kat as I observe the sight.

Nathan really does look annoyed. How cute. The old Nathan would be making out with her by now.

Kat breathes "Promise?"

"I swear. But don't look though. I know you're still going to lose your mind"

She rolls her eyes "Okay then let's go get food. It's the only thing that will distract me"

I wonder if they even serve food here, the only thing I ever see is alcohol and cigarettes. Regardless we walk to the little tuck shop with hope. Luckily they do, only fries though but we're not starving or anything so they'll suffice.

"Better?" I ask Kat as she chews happily.

She nods, showing me a toothy grin and I just laugh at her. She's such a child. "Hey, so are Winnie and Dee avoiding us or is it just me?"

It's true. They're here too but haven't made any moves to engage with us. I know they would with Kat if I wasn't with her. I'm the problem apparently.

"They definitely are. I don't know why Winnie is though" I mutter agitated "If she knew what I did she would be staying far away from Dee"

"Maybe you should tell her" Kat suggests softly "Dee is making no moves to and that's affecting your guyses relationship. I was with them yesterday and she's acting like everything is okay"

"It's not my place" I reply.

"Okay but for the record, if I was Winnie in this situation, I would really appreciate it if you told me. I know she's not your best friend or anything, but it's the right thing to do" Kat says "I would always rather hear anything bad from you"

When she says that I can't help but think of Mr Price and what I know about him, and then feel guilt that I haven't told her.

I just smile "Yeah, I guess you're right. But I'm still not telling her though"

And I'm not telling you either.

We then spot Nicholas enthusiastically, as always, making his way to us.

"Ladies" He greets when he gets there.

"Gentleman" Kat teases and we all laugh.

"Listen, Nathan is asking if you could please bail him out with that girl. Just like go there and mention that you're his girlfriend or something. Even slap her if you want to" Nick says pointing to the sight "He's been trying to let her down gently but the girl just won't take a hint"

Kat grins menacingly, throwing her empty packet in the bin "Gladly"

And then she's gone.

"I think she was gonna do that anyways sooner or later" I snort referring to my very jealous friend. Nathan is seriously rubbing off on her, or she just really likes him that much.

"Yeah they're both crazy" Nick muses "But seriously, Chels, do you still not want to tell me what's going on?"

"With what?" I ask an octave higher.

"Don't think that I haven't noticed that Dee and Winnie are avoiding you" He says seriously.

"I told you that it's because Winnie thinks I'm lying"

He gives me a look "Are you? Be honest"

Ugh. I can't lie to him now.

I sigh after carefully contemplating my answer "Okay I am lying about something but I can't tell you what it is"

"I knew it" He shouts "You and Kyle, right? Just tell me"

I shake my head "No, Nick"

"Why not?" He frowns annoyed "Is it about me? Winnie? Okay just give me a hint"

"No. You'll know soon enough"

I hope.

He rolls his eyes "Okay fine whatever."

"Don't be mad" I pout, poking his arm "You know I'd tell you if I could. And you know I trust you, right?"

I can see a little smile threatening to break out "Fine, fine. I won't be mad. You know, I can't imagine my life before we were friends. Kind of"

"Same" I smile "And to think that was only less than a month ago"

"Crazy world" He mutters smiling.

"What are you two grinning about?" Kyle appears looking at us like we've just committed the greatest sin just by smiling.

Sadist.

"Oh nothing. Just that Nick was mentioning how blank his life was without me" I joke and Kyle shakes his head.

"I bet" He replies sarcastically.

"Seriously though dude" Nick starts off "I think you should be getting worried because she's about to replace you as my new best friend"

"Do I care?" He deadpans dryly and Nick and I look at each other before laughing at him "Are you guys high or something cause you're really starting to annoy me"

"Dude whatever. And why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your race or something?" Nick asks his straight-lipped friend.

"I am ready" Kyle says determined "And I came here to speak to Chelsea-Anne"

He did?

"Chelsea-Anne?" Nick asks confused "You know you can just call her Chelsea, right? Or even Chels"

I've even stopped trying to convince him to. He's dead set on my full government name.

"You know you can just shut up, right?" Kyle replies before dragging me away from a nonchalant Nicholas. I guess he's very used to his friend's rudeness.

"You're more hostile than ever" I muse when we reach our 'usual' talking spot. More like arguing spot though.

"Whatever. I need you to leave"

Definitely arguing.

"What? No. We already spoke about this"

"We didn't" He bites "But we are now. I need you to leave. And please don't try and argue with me"

"But why?"

"Please just trust me on this" He says and by the look on my face, he can see that it won't be that easy for him to convince me "Why do you even want to stay here?"

"I wanna support Nathan" I reply meekly.

He gives me an are-you-serious look "You don't even like Nathan"

He's right. Kind of.

"I wanna support you" I try again.

He shakes his head "I don't need your support."

Jeez.

I roll my eyes after that "Don't you think it's much safer if I'm here with the rest of you guys instead of the apartment all alone"

"You can just go to your boyfriend's dorm or something"

"He's not exactly my boyfriend" I mutter "His roommate doesn't like me anyways"

"So? Just go"

I sigh loudly "Kyle, I really don't want to, okay? I already told you that I won't be your problem so stop worrying or whatever it is that you're doing"

I doubt it's worrying.

"You don't get it, do you Chelsea-Anne?" He mutters frustrated, his eyes piercing into mine "Listen, Benjamin is here. I was trying to look out for you because I don't want you to come face-to-face with the man who held a gun to your head"

Big Ben.

I gulp in fear and dread. I know that if I think too hard about that day, my eyes will become glossy and tears will start falling out of them.

So I don't. I forget that it even happened.

"I'll be fine" I mutter hoarsely, my throat burning.

He groans defeated, throwing his hands in the air "I don't even know why I bother with you. Why are you doin this? Do you really want to annoy me that bad?"

"I want to stay, Kyle. Please don't make me leave" I whisper shaking my head "I won't feel safe being alone. That Noah plan won't work"

He sighs after a while "Fine."

"Sorry"

"Don't apologize. You're probably right; you shouldn't be alone. He would've followed you or something anyways. I doubt he's here for me" He says, running a hand through his blonde locks.

I nod swallowing a lump "Okay"

Please don't cry, please don't cry.

"Stay close to Nicholas" He tells me.

I nod again at the same time the speakers announce that the drivers should start going to their cars "Good luck"

"Luck's for suckers"

And then he's gone.

"You had a gun pressed against your head?"

It's Winnie. She's at the other end corner, the one that Kyle didn't leave by and I'm guessing he didn't see her. I wonder what she was doing here.

I nod "Yeah"

She comes closer to me and the next thing I know I'm enveloped in a tight hug and the tears that I was dreading come falling down my face "You poor baby"

I don't sob though or anything. I just let the tears fall.

"I'm so weak" I sniff "This is the second time you've seen me cry and I'm older than you"

She can't help but chuckles as she lets me go "Seriously? You can cry whenever you want and it doesn't matter how old you are, silly"

I wipe the tears from my face "Sorry though"

"No, I'm sorry" She says sincerely "That I've been giving you the cold shoulder because of my own insecurities"

"It's okay, really Winnie" I try to reassure guiltily.

She shouldn't be apologizing.

"It's not" She says strongly "And I'm sorry about Zorro. You don't deserve it"

"Do you know why he targeted me?" I can't help but ask.

"He's always wanted to get back at Kyle for some reason but he's never had any strong leverage, like for example a girl that Kyle loves. He's never seen him with any other but me and he knows me and knows that Kyle and I aren't like that"

She continues "I think he just took this chance because even if he knows that Kyle doesn't love you or anything, he still knows that he wouldn't want to see you get hurt because of him. And you're this innocent little thing in both of their eyes so it was easy for him to get to Kyle like that"

"So in a way, he's controlling him by using me?" I ask trying to make sense of this whole situation.

She nods "Unfortunately. He's tried it in the past, but as I said: he never had any strong leverage. That's why he even started racing; to try and take it away from Kyle but as you can see it hasn't worked. So he's probably all the more bitter"

I sigh shaking my head "I just hope this doesn't get anymore dangerous than what I've been exposed to"

How has my life become this?

"Me too but you never know with Zorro and his father" Winnie says softly.

All this talk is just making me more upset and scaring me.

"Let's go watch the race" I suggest, changing the subject "They're probably already a few laps in"

She links our arms together "Let's go"

**

Hey ❤️
Comment and click on the start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 844 60
Callum's family is in desperate need of money so they send him to whatever college wanted the least amount of money from them. So after applying for...
782 27 18
Love can hurt you or be as beautiful as the Universe. It all comes down to you and your significant other. Ms.Victoria Vanessa Wattson. Everyone c...
790K 23.3K 44
"There is no way I am rooming with-uh that" I point to the devil sitting in the corner. He looks down on his phone not even paying attention to me...
428K 14.7K 63
(Steamy, Strong Language, Sexual Content) 18+ (COMPLETED) Jaxon Reynolds is what every girl thinks they want. What they don't know is that he is stru...