Carrying His Heir

By TommosTriTri

After losing her job, Laurel ends up having a one night stand as a consolation. More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

8

9.2K 291 17
By TommosTriTri

Jason's grip on the sterling wheel tightened as his brothers' piercing words came to mind. His foot continuously pressed on the accelerated immediately increasing the speed of the car. He breathed out as the cold air hit his face. He was furious and just needed to go to a place where he could escape all these emotions and feelings coming in.

"That sounds crazy."

"So, it is about the money?"

"How much are you paying her?"

"Fifty thousand dollars! I am giving her according to what a surrogate makes. I wanted to be fair, I didn't want to underpay her or over do it."

"Is there even a sister?'

"How do you know she will give you the baby anyway? She can choose to keep town with your money and sue you for child support from there."

"Why would she need money to carry her own child!?"

"I know Laurel and she wouldn't do that."

"Why didn't you just go to an actual agency and get a proper surrogate and do this right?"

"Because she was already pregnant, okay! And I want her to be the mother of my future child. She's.....perfect."

"Do you like this girl?"

"No -"

"Is that why your defending her?"

"No, it's just I got some time to get to know her better and if you do you'll realize you guys are just being paranoid."

"We are just looking out for you?"

"Why the hell do you even want a baby? Since when?"

"Oh my God? Are you dying?"

"I'm not a child! I am perfectly capable to make my own decisions and most importantly I don't need you to tell me what's right or wrong."

" Your right. We'll let you do whatever you want and won't bother with this again but on one condition."

"What's that?"

"We meet her."

Of course they wouldn't understand. Of course they have to double check everything he does even Kevin who is younger than him. Jason thought to himself as he drove on. This is why he didn't tell them earlier because he knew exactly the is how they would react. What really hurt him is they way they are all painting a bad image of Laurel yet they don't know her. He didn't care if they judged him but her, it stings.

Usually when Jason gets like this, when he feels he needs to just shut out everyone he finds himself driving to the nearest nightclub but today he took a different turn.

Once he parked in a familiar parking lot, he pulled out his phone and dialed a number.

"Hello," He heard her soft voice say after a few rings.

"Did I wake you?" he asked since she sounded down.

"No, no I was just getting ready to go to bed. Is everything okay?" Laurel asked him.

"Yes, I mean kind of. But would you ask that?"

"You were acting weird when you left and and you are sounding weird." She answered.

"I'm fine, I just called you to say I'm sorry." he breathed into the phone.

"For what?" she asked.

"Earlier, those guys that came to your place. They are my brothers." He revealed to her.

"What?"

"It's a really long story anyway they want to meet you formally this time." He told her. Jason knew he would have told her this like in the morning or at any other time but he just felt like talking to her right now. Even though ti was from the parking lot of her apartment.

"Why?"

"Listen don't worry about it. It's going to be fine. I'll let you sleep now and give you the details in the morning." He said to her, calmly because she suddenly sounded worried and he didn't want that.

"Okay." She said softly as if she was taking a huge breath. "Jason?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think coughing is harmful to the baby?" she asked him in a very somber tone.

"I don't know, why?" He could already picture her probably on her bed getting ready to sleep. She was sounding sleepy while on the call.

"Because I have been coughing today. I just don't want to strain the baby or anything." She cared.

"I'll look it up but I'm sure it's nothing." he answered, a small smile forming on his face.

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Jason hung up and realized he felt so much better. Everything from earlier just erased as along as she was doing fine. He started his car and left her building though he didn't drive to the night club as planned earlier, he drove to his place. Not his father's house where he had been staying for a few months. He drove to his house.

-

"I have no idea why his brothers even want to meet me?" Laurel cried out. that evening when she realized Jason was soon here to pick her up for the diner. When he called her last night to tell her about it she didn't assume it would be this soon as in today but apparently he explained that they all have busy schedules and today is when they can make it work. Jason just said to him he was to get it over an done with.

"They probably just found out there brother is having a baby with a stranger and they want to see there money's worth." Ivy chuckled. "Get it, because you are receiving money for carrying this baby."

Laurel shot her a look, of course Ivy has to find this humorous.

"I literally know nothing about them. What are we going to talk about?" Laurel whined. "Do you know how hard it was to hold a conversation with Jason when I had just met him."

"I know, it's hard to speak rich." Ivy played with her eyebrows while sending a grin to Laurel. She just groaned into a pillow.

"The good thing about having a well known business man's baby is you can look up his family on the internet and sweetheart according to what I'm seeing here." Ivy paused and glanced at Laurel. "They are gorgeous!"

"Your not disturbed by this kind of behavior?" Laurel turned to Brad who was quietly seated by Ivy. Brad just returned a look that says, 'I'm used'

"Do you want to get information about them so that you can have what to talk about or not?" Ivy asked her.

"Not. I also already know what they look like so no." She declined. Ivy sighed tirelessly, Laurel was being impossible to work with, had been since she got pregnant.

"Where are you meeting?" Brad asked.

"His older brother owns a restaurant so we are having dinner there." She answered.

"Big dinner? Fancy?" He asked again.

" I swear rich people make everything fancy. What are you going to wear?" Ivy chimed in once again trying to help.

"Jason said he'll bring me a dress cause all the other dresses I had kind of don't fit."

"Well, who is to blame for that. Of course he has to." Ivy spat jokingly but when she moved her eyes to Laurel, she wasn't smiling or laughing. She was frowning, her eyes staring at the ceiling. Ivy was sure she didn't even hear her joke, now she was starting to get worried.

She moved to where Laurel was seated and joined her, "Laurel, I think you are putting too much on yourself. You don't even know these people so who cares if they like you or not. You don't need there validation, you don't owe them any explanation for the choices you made in your life. Maybe Jason does, that's his business and maybe that's why he even asked you to do this but the bottom line is your never going to see them again and once your done with the pregnancy you'll never see Jason again either. So relax and just be you." Ivy said to her slowly and with compassion because she truly cared about Laurel.

Laurel stared at Ivy with a smile playing on her face, she couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth and most of all she didn't know what to say so she did the one thing that could show how she truly felt. She hugged her and whispered, "Thank you for being here and being you."

"I know I also feel like you don't give me enough credit." Ivy giggled

-

"You okay?" Jason asked Laurel as he shut the car door. He had picked her up from her apartment for the diner with his brothers. He sat at the back with her since he had his driver, Mike drive them there.

She nodded with a sigh, straightening herself in the seat and slightly rubbing her bump.

"This dress is really nice by the way. It fits perfectly." She said to him honestly and trying to make conversation.

"Oh, I can see how beautiful it is. You know I was sort of worried it wouldn't fit. Guess I know your body perfectly well." He replied to her, refreshing his memory to that moment when she first changed into the dress. Honestly she looked beautiful.

Laurel cover up her blush with a small laugh, "So I guess you have a talent shopping for pregnant women."

"I guess I do. Or just you." He had been looking her side ever since they got in the car.

"You know what, I'm going to meet your brothers in a few minutes and I know almost to nothing about them." Laurel told him, her eyes were concentrating on him hoping for an answer. No matter what Ivy said, she couldn't help be worried about it.

"That's not true, you know enough about them." He objected.

"Which is?"

"Well, we are related. You know how they look like, I'm the middle one." He said, stating the obvious.

Laurel sighed exhaustively and gave him a look, "Come on!"

"Okay okay." he chuckled. "Will is the oldest. He really doesn't get along with my father so he broke off from the family and opened up a restaurant. He is really passionate about it."

"Do you all hate your dad?" She asked him.

He smiled a little before answering, "No, actually Kevin, his the youngest, he and my father actually get along pretty well. He was pretty young when our mother left so our father has always been both mommy and daddy to him."

He sounded uncomfortable talking about this, he immediately turned and looked out the window instead. Laurel just continued staring at him, she had no idea that his mom left and she didn't exactly know how to process it. Jason was one to never open up about his family and now Laurel gets why. There is probably a lot more coped up in his mind that he doesn't talk about.

"How much do they know about me? About us?" She asked, deciding not to push more about his family.

Jason froze in his seat when he heard her say us. His heart skipped a bit, he knew what she meant but there was just something about the way she said it.

He awkwardly cleared his throat, "Erm they know your name, they know you are pregnant, they know about the money and what you are going to use it for."

"Wow." she breathed out.

"Don't be nervous. I'm sure they are going to like you. That's why I even agreed to this whole thing so that they get to meet you in person and like you just like I do." He calmed her, there was a space between them but he felt the urge to get closer to her, hold her hand or something. He didn't though.

"You like me?" That question came out of her mouth before she even had a chance to think about it.

"Yeah, I mean not like, I'm not - okay. What I'm trying to say is I am glad that of all the women out there, you are the one I'm going through this process with." He struggled to explain exactly what he meant. He didn't except that question from her and at the same time he didn't want to get things twisted with her. He liked the way they were.

Laurel smiled as Jason fidgeted with his words. She liked how sometimes he would be all serious and now he is suddenly being awkward. She found it cute.

"I know what you mean." She told him with a genuine smile and a small blush.

"Good." He murmured.

The car slowly came to a stop hinting that they had arrived. Laurel felt nervous once again but this time she found herself rubbing her belly on instinct to calm her down. It always works especially when the baby kicks back.

She grabbed the handle by the door to exit the car but Jason cut her off. "Hold on. I'll do it."

She looked on amazed as Jason got the door for her. "Thank you." She whispered.

Once they stepped inside, they were immediately greeted by a waiter who seemed to be on stand by the moment they arrive. Laurel took time to look around as Jason led her further inside placing his hand slightly below her back. She noticed the place was pretty fancy and looked expensive and definitely looked busy. Even the waiters were dressed fancy but to Jason all of this seemed party of the drill. The waiter mentioned a few words to Jason to which he responded with a small nod and they started to follow him. He led them to the back through the kitchen to an isolated room.

'Okay' Laurel thought to herself.

The room had glass walls so she could see through, she could see both of them seated there. They walked inside and Laurel finally got a good look at them. They looked different than when they showed up at her place. Right now they both looked like a bag of money.

"Well the CEO is always late." Will said looking straight at Jason. He looked back and didn't say anything, he ignored his elder brother and pulled out a chair for the woman carrying his child.

"Cut him some slack. He is with a pregnant woman you know they kind of need there time." Kevin went ahead to defend Jason while talking about Laurel like she wasn't even there.

'Okay' She thought to herself once again.

"Hey, I'm Kevin." He held out his hand to her before she could sit. "Nice to meet you. I see Jason leaves out stunning when he talks about you."

She blushed at the compliment and shook his hand, "Laurel, and thank you but I think it's the dress."

"It's the dress, the bump, you. The whole complexion." Kevin said to causing her to giggle.

Jason watched there exchange with hard glare. He didn't like the way Kevin was talking her up now compared to the way he was talking about her before. The way Laurel was smiling at him laughing at his jokes made him uncomfortable.

"Laurel," he called her shifting her attention from Kevin to him. "This is Will."

"Nice to meet you" She politely said to him. He didn't offer his hand for shaking or anything. He simply his head and said "You too."

You don't need there validation.

"So, you talk about me?" She mentioned to Jason as soon as she sat.

"Yes he does and when he does nothing bad comes out of his mouth. I was dying to meet this angel." Kevin answered for him and Laurel smiled once again. Jason was only concentrated on her since they got there and once again he glared at Kevin.

-

"So you moved here when you were pretty young huh?" Kevin asked her. Laurel felt she liked Kevin on spot. He was much more relaxed compared to the other two even Jason. Jason was the last person she could compare to being relaxed.

"Yeah, I was eighteen when I left home." She answered simply, she was prepared for the questions. She knows the only reason they were interested in this little meet up is because they are confused about the whole situation not because they are really interested in her life.

"And you didn't get to go to college?" Will asked, looking directly at Laurel. Though it didn't really come out as a question but rather confirming what he had been told by Jason she guessed.

Laurel swallowed a lump in her throat and tried her level best not to show how nervous she was.

"No, I did not."

"So when you got a hand of Jason's money you thought well the first thing I could do with it is take my sister to school. Let her have the dream you didn't have." Will snapped at her.

"Hey, you can not talk to her like that." Jason jumped in quickly to defend her.

She immediately felt attacked, she froze in her seat. Right then she realized they were judging her for this situation. She felt a couple of fingers slip into hers and squeezed her hand. It was Jason. She looked up at him and he gave her an assuring nod.

"Not exactly. My mum actually asked me to help out with my sister's tuition before I found out I was pregnant." She replied calmly, struggling with all the nerves in her body not to snap back. She definitely didn't like being talked to like that.

"Why not just say no instead of creating this whole situation as complicated as it is. Clearly I'm sure you never used to make much to take on that responsibility." Will said again with a serious nod. She noticed that he hadn't smiled her way or even at all since she joined them.

Creating this situation,

"I tried but it's like my mum already stuck it in her head that very financial problem they get, I'll be able to fix it and before I would. I would work hard and be able to raise the money they need and send it back home. So when she brought up Iris' school I knew I wouldn't be able to manage because I was already unemployed at the time but when I tried saying no she......." Her voice lowered as she got to the end. As she got to the part of explaining her mum's manipulation.

"Laurel's parents have a way of making her feel like she owes them. She's been practically sending them money since she moved here but apparently that's not enough. They have been exploiting her and didn't stop until she stood up for herself." Jason explained on her behalf still holding her hand beneath the table.

She looked over at him and said, "Jason helped me realize that." She moved her glance to his brothers as she explained more, "My parents raised the money that helped me move here after I finished high school. That's the one thing my mum always brings up every time she senses I'm going to decline and I was sick and tired of hearing it. It's like she wants me to owe my whole life to her."

"But you are still going through with this." Will wondered.

"See even though Laurel realized that her parents were exploiting her she still felt the need to help. To do that one thing that -" Jason couldn't help himself jumping to defend Laurel any chance he got even though Will was directing his questions to Laurel.

"That would cover up whatever they think I owe them. I even went back home and told them in person that I am out and Iris gets to go to school and everyone is happy." She said strongly because she was now getting irritated with all the questions and judgement.

"Wow. I didn't look at it like that." Kevin finally spoke up.

"So when Jason showed up with his offer I found it hard to say no. I know it's a very weird thing to do. I think about it everyday and I'm like would another woman probably make such a decision, I don't think so but I just tell myself that this baby is better off with Jason. If it were up to me, I think he told you I wouldn't have it because my life is just not yet there. I know that because of this Jason is going to be able to have a family and Iris is going to go to school and this baby is going to have a good life and I don't have to feel indebted to my parents anymore." Laurel let on passionately. This was something she always kept inside and never admitted to herself.

The table suddenly fell quiet right after she had let her heart out. Right now all eyes were on her. "Excuse me. I need to use the bathroom." She quietly said standing up.

"Do you nee me to come with you?" Jason politely offered looking up at her.

"She smiled, "It's the ladies room. I'll be fine."

She let out a deep sigh and slowly excused herself. Okay, maybe she did leave because it was suddenly awkward in there but also needed to pee and update Ivy on the situation so the first thing she did once she got there is pull out her phone and start texting. She held her bump and started taking in small breath to calm down.

Once Laurel left the table all the eyes turned to Jason.

"You didn't have to go hard on her like that. Kevin gets it."He snapped right at Will raising up from his seat a bit. His jaw clenched just showing how furious he was.

"Don't get angry. She handled herself well." Will snapped right back.

"You were right about one thing though. It is not all what we expected." Kevin spoke up which made Jason relax back in his seat.

"I told you." He whispered.

"One thing I didn't get though. Since when do you want to start a family? More so by yourself? Kevin asked.

"Oh, here we go again! One after another, you just don't get enough with questioning my decisions." Jason angrily erupted on his brothers.

"We only do that because we are worried about you -"

"Don't."

"You haven't been yourself lately since - "

"Don't fucking say it!"

"You can't even say her name!" Kevin yelled at him. He had enough of Jason avoiding this topic and always brushing around it.

"This is not about that!" Jason yelled right back at him.

"Kid yourself but the fact is you haven't been yourself since she left you. You are always angry snd maybe you are not ready to hear that but I have told you." Kevin revealed to him in a much calmer tone. He watched as Jason's face changed and cringed when he talked about her but he didn't care because she needed to hear it.

"I agree with Kevin and I think this is about that. After what happened dad told me you went to him for your inheritance from our grandfather but he declined to give it to you." For the first time that night, Will looked at his brother with a worried glance. He knew whatever Jason's plan was, it's more than what meets the eye.

"He didn't decline" Jason said through gritted teeth. "He rigged the will so that I wouldn't get it even though he knew it is not his damn inheritance to interfere with. So, you and dad are buddies now?"

"He changed it so that you would get it," Will paused shortly realizing what he was about to say. "Once you have a family."

"That's what you're doing!" Kevin asked, he looked shocked because he had no idea and worried at the same time. "Your using this baby to get to your inheritance."

Jason didn't barge or say anything. He remained quiet and maintained a serious look on his face.

"Does Laurel know?" Kevin asked shortly after. Jason didn't answer but the look on his face was all the answer they needed.

Laurel made her appearance back in the room and all three of them shifted in there seats awkwardly. Jason quickly placed a smile on his face while sending a 'don't say a word' look to his brothers.

"Oh my God!" she suddenly exclaimed before making it to her seat.

"What's wrong." Jason rushed to ask.

"The baby is kicking." she breathed out holding her hand against her belly. "Come feel it."

"I thought you said that already happens." Jason stood up from his chair and moved to where to she was.

"Yeah but never when you're around." She quickly grabbed his hand just like she had the last time and gently placed it on her stomach. To her surprise, the baby responded to his touch with even stronger kicks which just made Jason even more excited.

Kevin and Will just looked on as the two gashed over there baby's kick. The moment generally made Kevin smile and pull out his phone to capture the moment. "Come on let me also feel it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999 194 26
Every young black woman wants something out of life,they always dream of houses on the hill a fine ass man and some kids . Kendra Lindsay dream of no...
861K 28.3K 41
A high school reunion leads Harley Snart to somehow-even she doesn't know-how-end up having a one nightstand with her enemy. Something she never thou...
0 0 13
Eris never like her brothers best friend Lino who always spent his days and nights in the house her and her brother pay for, until one day she finds...
364 33 9
Briana had just broken up with her boyfriend Leo and was brokenhearted. She thought they would be together forever, but Leo was selfish and made no p...