Invincible

By Jepnox2nd

More

1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
201-220
221-240
241-260
261-280
281-300
301-320
321-340
341-360
361-380
381-400
401-420
421-440
441-460
461-480
481-500
501-520
521-540
541-560
561-580
581-600
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
681-700
701-720
721-740
741-760
761-780
781-800
801-820
821-840
841-860
861-880
881-900
901-920
921-940
941-980
961-980
981-1000
1001-1020
1021-1040
1041-1060
1061-1080
1081-1100
1101-1120

181-200

2.4K 72 0
By Jepnox2nd

Chapter 181: Imperial City Battle (13)

"This is a second martial spirit innate ability!" Cheng Jian's eyes narrowed in a dignified manner as he spoke each word with emphasis.

A second martial spirit innate ability!

An ability to conceal.

"What a strong martial spirit ability!" At this moment, a Duanren Empire general behind Duan Wuhen could not help exclaiming: "Not even I can detect Huang Xiaolong's breath in this instant!"

He was a Xiantian Third Order expert!

Even a Xiantian Third Order expert could not detect Huang Xiaolong's presence; one could imagine how remarkable Huang Xiaolong's second martial ability was.

Outside the battle arena, many spectating experts were also blown away. Once again, the crowd was in an uproar.

Cui Li, Pang Yu, and the rest also searched with their eyes and spiritual senses, trying to see if they could detect Huang Xiaolong's presence on the stage.

While everyone was still searching for a shadow of him, Huang Xiaolong suddenly appeared in the air above behind Xie Puti, striking down a palm aimed at Xie Puti's back.

Just as Huang Xiaolong was about to succeed, the black flames shrouding Xie Puti flared up, engulfing Xie Puti's immediate surroundings in flames. Huang Xiaolong's expression turned grave and immediately retrieved his palm while retreating backward.

Xie Puti spun to the back.

One again, both of them stood face to face on the stage.

In the air above, both the Black Dragon and Black Flame Phoenix were still fighting, dragon roars and phoenix cries rang out endlessly in people's ears. Tremendous shockwaves burst from the battle arena, surging out with the stage as its center, rolling like thunder.

The bright sun above was nowhere to be seen, entirely blotted out by the black flames and energy emitted by the black dragon and black flames phoenix.

Watching Xie Puti, Huang Xiaolong frowned. Xie Puti's body was entirely wrapped in a protective black flame barrier, and there didn't seem to be a way to get within ten meters of him. He needed to think of a method to break through the black flames barrier.

At the same time, Xie Puti too was frowning while watching Huang Xiaolong. The moment Huang Xiaolong concealed himself, Xie Puti had no clue of his presence at all, or his location. To defeat Huang Xiaolong was much harder than he had presumed!

Two cold lights reflected on Huang Xiaolong's hands. He summoned the Blades of Asura, gripping them in his palm. The Wings of Demon on his back stretched out and Huang Xiaolong used Phantom Shadow at the same time, swinging the blades at Xie Puti.

"Wrath of the Nether King!"

Two beams of blade lights were like an awakened thousand year old volcano eruption that welled forth, akin to a stampede of thousands of beasts or a cavalry army of millions of soldiers. and the attacks immediately reached Xie Puti.

Too fast!

Xie Puti was stunned! The protective black flames shrouding Xie Puti rose up, and the Wrath of the Nether King attack actually dissolved under the heat of the black flames, swallowed up!

First rank grade thirteen martial spirit, Black Flame Phoenix's black flame was said could to be capable of incinerating all beings, and it had proven it could even devour the attacking blade lights that came from Blades of Asura.

After the black flames melted and devoured Huang Xiaolong's Wrath of the Nether King, Xie Puti flickered and disappeared. He again reappeared within meters of Huang Xiaolong with another finger attack, but this was not a repeat of Mirage Void Finger from earlier.

"Meteor Finger!"

With a point, several different surreal finger-prints materialized out of nowhere and separated, like a rain of shooting stars that targeted Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong did not hide or dodge this time. Instead, he raised his hand and pointed a finger as well. A beam of aureate light shot out, crashing against the incoming Meteor Finger.

"Zi!" Thunderous shockwaves echoed endlessly.

Outside the battle arena where the shockwaves hit had caused a splitting pain in the experts' eardrums and made them frightened by the level of battle.

In the two finger attacks collision, Huang Xiaolong staggered back three steps from the force.

Although Huang Xiaolong swallowed many Fire Dragon Pearls and cycad fruits during his cultivation that raised his physical defense to a level higher than warriors in the same realm, making his defense almost comparable to a Xiantian Second Order, Xie Puti too had his own fortuitous encounters. On top of that, he had his family's resources. Xie Puti's physical defense and power was close to reaching a Xiantian Third Order expert.

"Fire Exploding Finger!"

Xie Puti's silhouette blurred away, renewing his attack on Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong activated his martial spirit ability, Space Concealment, and disappeared from sight.

Xie Puti's attack fell on empty air once more.

The 'game' progressed with one attacking while the other retreated and vice versa. One exchange after another, the entire battle stage became marked and ruined between both of their attacks. Finger-sized holes, palm prints... even fist prints littered the stage.

Just like that, Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti exchanged more than a dozen blows. Some of the weaker warriors outside the battle arena could barely follow their movements.

Bang! The two separated after the latest collision, standing on opposing sides of the stage.

Within the last dozen exchanges just now, both seemed equal on the surface but the experts with a keen eye could tell Huang Xiaolong was at a disadvantage. If it wasn't for Huang Xiaolong's martial spirit ability of hiding, he would probably have lost long ago.

No matter if it was strength, battle qi, or speed, Huang Xiaolong was weaker and slower than Xie Puti.

Suddenly, at that moment, a dragon's whine resounded, attracting everyone's attention. Looking up, everyone saw the two fighting martial spirits, Divine Black Dragon and Black Flame Phoenix. The Black Flame Phoenix's claw found an opening and pierced through the Divine Black Dragon's back. Dragon scales fell, while blood rained down from the air above.

The Divine Black Dragon was wounded.

Watching this, Huang Xiaolong's expression turned grave and he leaped up onto the Divine Black Dragon's head. Every movement was followed intently by the crowd as in the next moment, a light blue glow flickered around the black dragon's body.

The parts burned by the Black Flame Phoenix's black flame slowly stopped bleeding. New dragon scales grew rapidly as the wounds healed.

Eyes widened in shock as everyone watched this scene happening in front of them.

"What is happening?! How can that Divine Black Dragon's injuries heal so quickly?!"

"It's Huang Xiaolong! Huang Xiaolong's third martial spirit innate ability! Huang Xiaolong actually has a third martial spirit ability!"

Some experts guessed the reason behind the Divine Black Dragon's rapid recovery was because Huang Xiaolong initiated his third martial spirit ability!

The crowd was dazed with shock.

It had never crossed anyone's mind that Huang Xiaolong would have a third martial spirit ability!

In Martial Spirit World, possessing a second martial spirit ability was enough to cause envy, yet this Huang Xiaolong supposedly had a third one!

Cui Li, Pang Yu, Dai Shanni, and the rest jumped up from their seats.

Although Duan Wuhan and Cheng Jian managed to control themselves and remained seated, the shock was evident on their faces.

There were people that had a third martial spirit ability in Martial Spirit World, but in the entire Snow Wind Continent, the number did not exceed the fingers on both hands. Furthermore, neither Duan Wuhen or Duanren Emperor himself had awoken a third martial spirit ability.

Xie Puti like everyone else was stunned into a daze.

Not only did Huang Xiaolong have a third martial spirit ability, but did it have to be something that could help him heal his injuries?!

Instant Recovery ability was just as useful as Space Concealment and would be more concisely described as a heaven defying ability.

In actual fact, Huang Xiaolong's third martial spirit ability, Instant Recovery, used to only be capable of merely recovering depleted battle qi. But, after Huang Xiaolong broke through to the Xiantian realm, he had recently noticed that his third martial spirit ability actually underwent some changes and evolved. Not only could it restore exhausted battle qi, it was able to recover vitality.

Getting over his shock, Xie Puti too moved beside his Black Flame Phoenix martial spirit with a sway of his body. He spoke slowly, "I did not expect you would have a third martial spirit ability, but you probably have another martial spirit, right?!"

Another martial spirit?!

Hearing this, the crowd was dumbfounded.

Xie Puti's words meant...?! Heads nearly snapped off their necks as they spun to look at Huang Xiaolong. Could Huang Xiaolong really...?!

Huang Xiaolong was startled. Xie Puti could guess he had a second martial spirit?

"Blue Dragon, come out!" Since the secret could not be kept any longer, Huang Xiaolong need not hide it any longer. With a loud summon, Huang Xiaolong's body burst out in gleaming ice blue light.

Before the stupefied looks, an enormous Divine Blue Dragon's roar shook the heavens as it hovered behind Huang Xiaolong. The moment the Blue Dragon emerged, a pressure far stronger than that of the Black Dragon's overshadowed the Black Flame Phoenix's aura. It was a dragon's might capable of deterring the world!

At the same time, Huang Xiaolong's momentum rose sharply.

Chapter 182: Imperial City Battle (14)

A second martial spirit!

Huang Xiaolong actually possessed a second martial spirit!

And it was a martial spirit that had never appeared in Martial Spirit World before—Blue Dragon!

Duan Wuhen had managed to maintain his calm up to that point but he suddenly jumped to his feet in astonishment as he stared fixedly at the Blue Dragon! Blue Dragon, a martial spirit that had never appeared before! This dragon was definitely a variation of a dragon clan martial spirit, and it had to be one at top grade thirteen, or maybe even grade fourteen!

This Huang Xiaolong actually had the same type of superb talent martial spirit, yet the lower grade Black Dragon was already at top grade twelve!

Cheng Jian and the other Duanren Empire ministers eyes nearly popped out from the shock. All the mighty generals stood up with incredulous looks on their faces.

They were blown away!

This was an unprecedented shock!

Twin superb talent martial spirits with both of such high grades! On top of that, one of his martial spirits has never appeared prior to this!

This kind of talent was too mother freaking monstrous!

No one present could accurately describe the waves of jarring shock and... excitement?

Below the stage, Cui Li, Pang Yu, and the rest were having similar waves of emotion running through them. Even Xie Puti who guessed correctly was astounded with Huang Xiaolong's revelation. He was literally making a wild guess that Huang Xiaolong might possess a second martial spirit!

Due to a coincidence, he once came across an old family record which stated people who possessed a third martial spirit ability had a ninety percent chance of being the owner of twin martial spirits!

Ninety percent!

He didn't expect that it would turn out to be true! Xie Puti stared at the Blue Dragon behind Huang Xiaolong. There were complicated feelings mixed in with shock.

At this point, Huang Xiaolong's rising momentum after summoning the Blue Dragon finally stopped. The pressure coming from the current Huang Xiaolong had exceeded Xie Puti.

Although summoning one's martial spirit could not enhance the owner's battle qi as much as a soul transformation, it increased the owner's strength significantly.

The Blue Dragon swam around Huang Xiaolong, giving everyone an impression that Huang Xiaolong himself was the epitome of a Primordial Divine Dragon.

Below the stage and outside the battle arena, Cui Li, Dai Shanni, as well as the many young misses and young masters of noble families were staring at Huang Xiaolong with eyes that shined inexplicably.

Huang Xiaolong suddenly leaped up, smashing out a Collapse Fist at Xie Puti. The fist whistled through the air as it shattered space and the void, creating a strange sonic wave.

Xie Puti's face became dignified. He too leaped up, pointing a finger at Huang Xiaolong.

"Sky Pulverizing Finger!"

Battle qi pooled, rotating on Xie Puti's finger. A glistening black light shot out and disappeared in a flash right into Huang Xiaolong's punch.

The blast shook the stage.

In midair, two silhouettes separated, instantly retreating a distance from each other. Huang Xiaolong landed agilely on the battle stage whereas Xie Puti crashed onto the Black Flame Phoenix's body, retreating one wobbly step after another as he tried to regain his balance.

A reversal!

After summoning both Black Dragon and Blue Dragon, Huang Xiaolong's battle qi and physical toughness surpassed Xie Puti's by a slight margin.

Huang Xiaolong attacked with a second move. Leaping up into the air, calling out the Blades of Asura, his body started spinning at high speed with the Blades of Asura swinging out.

"State of Abundant Lightning!"

Streaks of lightning turned into a flood of lightning dragons that was like a torrential thunderstorm aimed at Xie Puti from various angles.

Alarmed, Xie Puti countered with attacks from both hands. Multiple finger prints flew out at rapid speed, but it was to no avail. Although his finger attacks managed to slightly weaken the lightning flood dragons' speed and power, it did not stop them from advancing towards him.

Seeing it was futile, Xie Puti immediately pushed his battle qi to the limit. Black flames soared from his body, burning and melting everything that got close!

Lightning flood dragons and the black flames collided. The forceful power from the lightning flood dragons caused the black flames to disperse upon collision, receding outside the battle qi.

Xie Puti was pushed back again and even the Black Flame Phoenix below him was repelled, letting out a ringing phoenix cry.

Although it was rumored the Black Flame Phoenix's black flame could incinerate everything, it was not foolproof. It was also dependent on its owner's strength. After summoning the Blue Dragon, Huang Xiaolong's strength rose significantly. Xie Puti was clearly suppressed. Despite the fact that the black flames could still burn and swallow Huang Xiaolong's attack, the effect had greatly reduced compared to earlier.

Of course, this was due to the suppression from the Blue Dragon, its grade was higher than the Black Dragon to begin with.

Huang Xiaolong continued to swing the blades in his hand. In midair, the crowd saw two blossoming flowers with deeply colored purple petals suddenly emerge out of nowhere. Each flower was about the size of an adult's palm, shimmering in an alluring inky purple glow.

Watching the two dark as ink purple blossoms spinning in the air, the spectating crowd was dazed. Without warning, they disappeared just as suddenly as they had appeared.

Xie Puti was surprised as well.

But in the next moment, his face tightened and he quickly retreated in a panic. His mouth bellowed; "Black Flames Regnant!"

Just as the black flames soared from Xie Puti's body, they suddenly exploded and dispersed as if they were hit, whereby Xie Puti groaned and plummeted to the stage below from the Black Flames Phoenix's back.

Xie Puti forcefully stabilized himself so as not to crash into the stage.

People in the crowd were able to see two imprints in the shape of flowers on Xie Puti's chest, emanating strands of inky purple energy. The upper part of his clothes had already exploded into pieces.

The flower imprints appeared to be exactly the same as the two blossoms from Huang Xiaolong's attack.

"So terrifying, what an unforeseeable attack!"

"What kind of battle qi is this exactly? The power is so terrifying that even the black flames cannot stop it!"

Sighs and exclamation came from all around. Duan Wuhen watched with fascination.

If Huang Xiaolong's battle qi cultivation was on a similar level as him, this attack... could he withstand it?

"Cheng Jian, can you tell what battle qi Huang Xiaolong cultivates in?" Duan Wuhen could not resist asking.

Cheng Jian shook his head: "This minister cannot tell."

It was also his first time seeing the type of battle qi belonging to Huang Xiaolong. At that moment, Huang Xiaolong jumped off Black Dragon's body, landing softly on the battle stage.

Xie Puti rubbed the injuries on his chest, and a slight frown appeared between his brows. Strong desire for battle flared up in his eyes, "Huang Xiaolong, I admit your twin martial spirits are indeed strong, but I will not give up just like this. I will not lose to you just like this!" After he finished speaking, the Black Flame Phoenix blurred away and began to fuse with Xie Puti, initiating a soul transformation.

After fusing with the Black Flame Phoenix, the pressure exuding from Xie Puti instantly shot up, and it continued to soar. Williwaw descended, clouds rolled, and the sky darkened. Powerful energy vortexes formed with Xie Puti being used as the eye in the center.

Black armor emerged on Xie Puti's body akin to an ancient godly armor, leaving only his mouth, eyes and nose visible.

Seeing Xie Puti's action, Huang Xiaolong waved a hand towards the Black Dragon and Blue Dragon hovering behind him. The twin martial spirits swam around him in circles, closer and closer, fusing with him. Scales of two colors, black and blue emerged on the surface of Huang Xiaolong's skin. A smooth sharp scale surface reflected the light. Tattoo-like images of a black and blue dragon's head manifested on Huang Xiaolong's back as sharp dragon spikes protruded out from Huang Xiaolong's arms.

Xie Puti's momentum doubled after his soul transformation, yet it barely surpassed Huang Xiaolong who soul transformed with the twin dragon martial spirits. Even before fusing with the dragon's, Huang Xiaolong's strength had already suppressed Xie Puti by a small margin and now it whelmed over him.

"Tyrant God Finger!"

Xie Puti took the initiative to attack first after soul transforming. Piercing through space, he arrived before Huang Xiaolong almost instantaneously. A single finger stabbed towards Huang Xiaolong, exploding with a tyrannical might capable of destroying everything in its path.

"It's actually the Tyrant God Finger that was lost five to six hundred years ago?!" A top-ranked general beside Duan Wuhen blurted in surprise.

"Tyrant God Finger is a high Earth rank battle skill!" Cheng Jian was also agape in shock.

Xie Puti's finger attack sped closer to Huang Xiaolong's chest, but in that same moment Huang Xiaolong also raised his own fist to strike head-on against the attack.

Chapter 183: Imperial City Battle (15)

"Boom!" Exploding shockwaves reverberated on the stage. Xie Puti's Tyrant God Finger scattered with one punch from Huang Xiaolong.

To be precise, the grade of a battle skill only increased the power of battle qi during an attack.

Before a stronger and more powerful battle qi, everything was futile.

Huang Xiaolong's fist shot forward, striking Xie Puti's body after scattering his finger attack battle skill.

Taken by surprise, Xie Puti quickly countered with his fist, and in the next instant the two fists collided.

Xie Puti's body shook from the impact. The entire length of his arm went numb and he was forced to stumbled back repeatedly, whereas the black flame from the Black Flame Phoenix armor crossed over to Huang Xiaolong's fist from the contact. However in the next instant, everyone saw when the phoenix's black flame met with Huang Xiaolong's dragon scales, it was scattered away. With the protection of dragon scales on his body, there was no way the Black Flame Phoenix's black flame could hurt Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong's silhouette blurred into motion as he swung the Blades of Asura in his hands.

Flower of the Other Shore materialized again, blooming midair in an eerie shimmering glow of inky purple. In the next moment, it disappeared in a ghostly manner just like the previous time.

Yet the moment Flowers of Other Shore disappeared, Xie Puti let out a muffled grunt. His chest was struck again by the same attack.

Xie Puti might've soul transformed and been protected by a layer of black phoenix flame armor, but despite that, being struck with the attack left him feeling miserable.

The spot where the flowers hit caused intense pain. Not only that, Xie Puti vaguely felt as if there was an indescribable frigid qi that seemed to originate from hell slowly invading his body. He felt like he could not do anything other than try to use the black flame phoenix battle qi to suppress it.

After having his first attack land, Huang Xiaolong subsequently launched another attack.

The Flower of the Other Shore bloomed again and spread a radiant glow. Xie Puti was left with the inability to dodge yet again.

Flower of the Other Shore was too unpredictable, and when it moved through space there was no ripple or fluctuation whatsoever. How could anyone avoid it? Unless they could be like Huang Xiaolong, having the ability to hide inside a space pocket, it was virtually impossible!

Below the stage, heads shook at Xie Puti's chances of winning.

Before, Huang Xiaolong could not come closer than within ten meters of Xie Puti because of his black flame's protection. But now, the black flame armor had lost its effect in front of Huang Xiaolong. On top of that, Xie Puti could neither predict nor dodge Huang Xiaolong's attack. Hence, there was only an inevitable defeat remaining.

Ten minutes later, Huang Xiaolong's Wrath of the Nether King crashed straight into Xie Puti's chest, sending him flying and falling to the edge of the battle stage area. Only then did Huang Xiaolong stop his attacks.

The four corners of the square were filled with silence.

Everyone watched as Xie Puti struggled to his feet, albeit in a wobbly and unstable manner.

Suddenly, Xie Puti let out a furious roar! A burst of battle qi exploded from his body and he attacked Huang Xiaolong.

However, just as he arrived at Huang Xiaolong's side, he was struck away with one palm, this time falling outside the battle stage area.

Xie Puti—defeated!

When Xie Puti no longer got up after thirty breaths of time had passed since falling outside the battle stage, the entire Duanren Square erupted in cheers. The thunderous voices were like never ending tidal waves and it took a long time before it subsided.

This final battle ended at last!

The first place winner in this year's Imperial City Battle was actually Huang Xiaolong! It never crossed anyone's mind that it would turn out this way. Even more mind blowing was the fact that Huang Xiaolong possessed superb twin martial spirits!

And his strongest Primordial Divine Blue Dragon was a martial spirit that had never appeared in Martial Spirit World before.

The battle might have ended, but everyone's emotions were still running high.

The battle they witnessed today was way more thrilling that they had anticipated.

This was all because of Huang Xiaolong!

Even Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian were feeling dumbstruck.

Perhaps even Imperial Father will feel shocked when we report the results to him later! Duan Wuhen thought.

Moments later, Cheng Jian announced Huang Xiaolong's win in the final battle.

When Cheng Jian's voice ended, another wave of deafening cheers and applause resounded through the crowd.

Even though the competition ended, the rewards would not be given out until the next day.

Huang Xiaolong stepped off the battle stage, and on the way back to his seat, he passed by Pang Yu. Pang Yu forced out an awkward smile while his feet were retreating in a flustered manner, opening up a wide path for Huang Xiaolong.

It was not until Huang Xiaolong moved further away that Pang Yu dared to breathe out in relief. His back was already wet with cold sweat. He was fortunate to not have wet his pants.

When Huang Xiaolong exited the battle arena, the young misses, young masters, and commoners were lauding his name loudly: "Huang Xiaolong!"

"Huang Xiaolong!!"

"Huang Xiaolong!" This three-word chant reverberated in Duanren Square for a very long time as wave after wave grew increasingly louder.

At this point, Huang Xiaolong was already elevated to idol status by some budding youths of these families.

Superb twin martial spirits of the same kind! Such a monstrous talent, he was the very first one in the long history of Duanren Empire's foundation!

From all directions, the crowd mobbed Huang Xiaolong.

He fortunately had Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou to fend them off. It would otherwise have been a strenuous task for Huang Xiaolong to leave the square with his clothes intact after being swiped at by the claws of the young misses of noble families clamoring after him.

Most likely, a layer of his skin would be scraped off from all the hands rubbing his body.

Only after Huang Xiaolong had left Duanren Square did it return to the usual empty calmness.

...

In the second private room of Unforgettable Intoxication Restaurant, Yao Fei glowered at Yanggang and Pang Yu with a dark expression.

"Garbage!" Yao Fei coldly snapped.

Both Yanggang and Pang Yu quivered under the stare.

"But I did not expect Huang Xiaolong to have superb twin martial spirits, causing even Xie Puti to not be his opponent!" Yao Fei's voice was frigidly cold, red bloodlust shone in his eyes.

Twin superb talent martial spirits!

And there was a possibility that the Blue Dragon was grade fourteen!

Grade fourteen!! This kind of legendary existence that was only recorded in ancient manuscripts actually appeared in the body of an ordinary, small family background Huang Xiaolong!

If Yao Fei had such talent, and with the resources of his Yao Family, he would definitely break into the Saint realm!

"Hateful!" Yao Fei suddenly shouted. A strong pressure burst out from him, instantly turning the chair beside him into powered dust.

Yanggang and Pang Yu were frightened into quickly retreating, both of their faces ashen.

But in the next instant, Yao Fei converged his emotions. His cold eyes swept over Yanggang and Pang Yu's face, "It's fine, both of you can go."

Yanggang and Pang Yu were stunned at first and then nodded their heads vigorously before fleeing as if their lives were in danger.

...

At the same time, deep in the underground palace within the Duanren Imperial Palace, Duanren Emperor was listening to his son and Minister Cheng Jian report the results of the Imperial City Battle. He too was astounded.

"Superb twin martial spirits... It is actually superb twin martial spirits!"

Duanren Emperor mumbled softly to himself somewhat ecstatically, causing his usual dignified decorum to slip.

Duan Wuhen was surprised as he watched his Imperial Father's reaction. He had never seen his Imperial Father drop all pretense of decorum in any way. It seemed that shining between his eyes was a trace of hope and elation?

Cheng Jian was also taken aback while observing Duanren Emperor's dramatic reaction.

Moments later, Duanren Emperor realized his gaffe. Recovering, he emphasized, "Tomorrow, after the prize giving ceremony is done, bring Huang Xiaolong to see me."

"Imperial Father wants to meet Huang Xiaolong?" Duan Wuhen was baffled and surprised at the request. It had been many years since Duanren Emperor wanted to meet with the geniuses from any Imperial City Battle, even first place winners of previous years did not have this privilege.

"Correct." Duanren Emperor affirmed.

"Yes Imperial Father!" Duan Wuhen answered respectfully, not daring to inquire too much.

"Alright, you can leave now."

Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian saluted and retreated from the room quietly.

Chapter 184: Buying Southern Hill Estate

On Huang Xiaolong's side, after leaving Duanren Square the four of them—Huang Xiaolong, Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou—headed towards the property trading market. If they did not resolve the accommodation matters as soon as possible, then all four of them would be sleeping out on the streets again.

The Imperial City Battle champion sleeping out on the streets... if anyone found out, he would turn into the laughing stock of the empire.

Soon, Huang Xiaolong and the three reached the property market, passing by a business called Trusty Heaven Firm. Stopping here, all four went inside.

There were three giant firms in Duanren Empire; one was named Million Treasure House and had a connection with the Huang Family because it belonged to the Guo Family. One belonged to the Xie Family where Xie Puti was, called the Eternal Prosper Firm. The last one was where they were now, Trusty Heaven Firm.

The instant Huang Xiaolong walked into the great hall, a loud cry sounded in the hall: "Huang Xiaolong!"

Huang Xiaolong looked over and saw a middle-aged man who was wearing the firm's uniform staring at him with a flabbergasted expression on his face.

The middle-aged man hastened his steps until he came to a stop in front of Huang Xiaolong, laughing in nervous excitement, "It truly is Young Noble Huang, a rare guest, truly a rare guest! Please! I myself had just returned from Duanren Square, I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me!"

After the Imperial City Battle, there were many that could easily recognize Huang Xiaolong's face.

Just like that, under the shock-widened eyes of other guests in the outer great hall, the middle-aged man led Huang Xiaolong and his group to the more private inner hall.

After a brief introduction, the middle-aged man's name was known to be Zhou Hua, Trusty Heaven headquarters supervisor.

Knowing Huang Xiaolong's purpose, Zhou Hua grinned and asked, "Does Young Noble Huang have a preferred location?"

Huang Xiaolong thought for a moment, "The location is not important, the vital point is it must be big, the bigger the better."

Zhou Hua quickly recommended a few places to Huang Xiaolong and in the end, Huang Xiaolong chose a place called Southern Hill Estate.

Amongst the several places Zhuo Hua suggested, the Southern Hill Estate was the biggest and most secluded, in line with Huang Xiaolong's requirement.

But when Huang Xiaolong was about to pay, Zhou Hua refused, laughing and saying, "No need, no need! Since Young Noble Huang liked that Southern Hill Estate, then it belongs to Young Noble Huang!"

"No need?" It was Huang Xiaolong's turn to gaffe. The Southern Hill Estate covered a demesne of over ten thousand square meters. It may be a little secluded but every inch of land in Duanren Imperial City was calculated by buckets of gold. A place like Southern Hill Estate would cost at least twenty to thirty million gold coins! This Trusty Heaven Firm actually wanted to give it to him for free?

"That's right. Just take this Southern Hill Estate as a congratulatory gift to Young Noble Huang from our Trusty Heaven Firm for winning first place in the Imperial City Battle this year!" Zhou Hua smiled, "As for this level of authority, I can still make the decision."

Huang Xiaolong pondered silently.

"Young Noble Huang need not refuse, this is just a small token from our Trusty Heaven Firm." Zhou Hua persuaded again.

"Alright then." Huang Xiaolong nodded. Since the other side insisted, he shall be obliged.

Seeing Huang Xiaolong finally agree, Zhuo Hua's face lit up with a wide smile, "Young Noble Huang, do you also need some slave servants? Come, let me show you our firm's shop in the slave market."

Watching Zhou Hua invite him with such enthusiasm, Huang Xiaolong's group of four went obligingly with Zhou Hua to Trusty Heaven Firm's slave market shop.

At the end, Huang Xiaolong picked thirty-two slaves. When Huang Xiaolong had finished that, Zhuo Hua personally led the way for Huang Xiaolong as they traveled to the Southern Hill Estate.

The Southern Hill Estate had its back to a small hill and the inside of the manor was elegantly decorated, but because it was unhibited for a period of time, tall weeds grew in most of the courtyards and gardens. Rooms were covered in dust that was an inch thick.

Fei Hou went to arrange the slaves, supervising the cleaning work.

Huang Xiaolong was quite satisfied when seeing Southern Hill Estate's lush greenery of rock mountains and green lake after the new slaves had cleaned the place up. In the coming days, this Southern Hill Estate would be his new home. When it was time for the Huang Family to move over, they would likely settle here permanently. Even if they didn't, they would still be living here for a long time.

After giving Huang Xiaolong a tour of the Southern Hill Manor, Zhuo Hua left, reminding Huang Xiaolong to come look for him if he needed something. He said that as long as it is within his power and capability he would definitely help, then turned around and left.

Huang Xiaolong watched Zhuo Hua's leaving figure for a while before going back into the manor.

By this time, the sky had darkened.

Huang Xiaolong ordered the slaves to build a bonfire which he placed some beast meat over to roast, sprinkling some spices over them. Then, he took out jugs of Beauty Allure Wine, Fiery Wine, and Snow Moon Wine from the Asura Ring and started drinking with Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou.

It had been quite a while since Huang Xiaolong felt this relaxed.

Winning first place in the Imperial City Battle was, in a way, a feat more glorious than becoming the martial arts champion on ancient Earth. At this moment, Huang Xiaolong was content with his achievement.

Although he exposed his twin superb talent martial spirits in the Imperial City Battle, he wasn't overly concerned about it. Before he fought Xie Puti, he had thought of the possibility of summoning his twin martial spirits to defeat him.

His twin martial spirits were exposed but he had other cards up his sleeves. Cultivating the Body Metamorphose Scripture, he also had his internal force that remained a hidden factor. Moreover, he did not reveal the Linglong Treasure Pagoda nor the God Binding Ring.

Other than the heritage skills inside a Heavenly Treasure, a Heavenly Treasure itself could be used as a weapon.

For example; after opening the second layer of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, it could be called out. Once he activated the two arrays, the Thousand Demon Engulfing Destruction Array and the Heaven and Earth Origin Reverting Array, he could suck the opponent into the Thousand Beast Cauldron and refine them directly.

Whereas God Binding Ring as a weapon could freeze the opponent and their surrounding space. Moreover, as Huang Xiaolong grows stronger, it would even be possible for him stop a person's breathing and thoughts.

Stopping a person's breathing and thoughts, how terrifying were these power!

"Fei Hou, what did you find out?" Taking a sip of wine, Huang Xiaolong inquired.

Fei Hou replied respectfully, "Replying to Sovereign. From my investigation, although this Yao Fei stands at second place amongst the five Young Nobles of Imperial City, it is believed his strength is no weaker than Duan Wuhen!"

No weaker than Duan Wuhen!

Huang Xiaolong was surprised, he never thought Yao Fei was that strong!

"Yao Fei's status in the Yao Family is very high. He is greatly favored and has received much attention from the Patriarch. Other than the Yao Family's power and influence, this Yao Fei nurtured his own large force. If Yao Fei were to use them, annihilating a small kingdom like the Luo Tong Kingdom is not difficult!"

Huang Xiaolong's eyes narrowed. Annihilating a kingdom was not difficult!

This Yao Fei's forces indeed exceeded Huang Xiaolong's assumption. Furthermore, there was the Yao Family that had more than two thousand years of heritage behind him. These forces were even more deep-rooted and unpredictable.

At this time, Zhao Shu suddenly raised his head and sneered as he gazed towards a certain direction in the empty void, "Since you've come, then roll out here!" Zhao Shu pointed a finger at the void, and a black-clad old man plummeted from above. Even as he fell, there was a terrified expression on his face while staring at Zhao Shu. Evidently, he did not expect he would be found while hiding himself, blending with darkness.

Moreover, he noticed after falling down, his entire body and limbs were immobile.

"Space manipulation?" His brain buzzed with this thought.

Chapter 185: Refining a Xiantian Expert

Space manipulation!

A Saint realm expert! It was definitely a great Saint realm expert!

Fear snaked through the old man's heart, didn't Heartless Young Noble said Huang Xiaolong only have one Xiantian Tenth Order expert by his side?

"So, tell me, who sent you?" Huang Xiaolong's words were spoken slowly, yet the iciness within was unmistakable.

The black-clad old man woke from his terror but did not utter a word.

His attitude made Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou's faces turn gloomy. Huang Xiaolong raised a hand to prevent them from doing anything, then he directed a finger at the old man's torso, sending frigid Asura qi into his body that entered from the seven orifices.

The black-clad old man felt as if millions of ants were biting him, a miserable howl reverberated from his throat.

Huang Xiaolong watched on with a cold expression. Once the Asura frigid qi invaded the body, not even a Saint realm expert could withstand the torment it brought without suppressing it with battle qi. Moreover, this black-clad old man was not a Saint realm expert.

Both of the old man's hands were clawing at his own chest. In a short several breaths' time, blood already stained his hands and torso.

"It, it was Heartless Young Noble, he sent me!" In the end, the black-clad old man could not tolerate the piercing pain any longer and shouted out in bursts of short gasps.

Heartless Young Noble! Huang Xiaolong sneered.

In fact, even if the old man hadn't told him, he could already guess who the mastermind was.

This black-clad old man's strength was not weak at all. He was most likely a Xiantian Eighth Order or a Ninth Order expert. When thinking of who it could be that had a grudge against him and also had the ability to send a Xiantian Eighth or Ninth Order expert, the only person to date was Heartless Young Noble.

"Please, I beg you, spare me!" The old man begged for mercy as soon as he named his master.

Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou looked at Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong looked at the old man and suddenly a thought flashed across his mind. He turned and said to Yu Ming and Fei Hou, "Both of you keep a lookout. Zhao Shu, lend me a hand!" With this, Huang Xiaolong called the Linglong Treasure Pagoda out.

Even though neither Yu Ming nor Fei Hou knew what Huang Xiaolong was planning to do, no questions were asked. Acknowledging Huang Xiaolong's order respectfully, they disappeared from the spot in a flash to keep watch of the surrounding area.

"Sovereign, you are...?" Zhao Shu was also a little doubtful.

"Send your battle qi into my body." Huang Xiaolong said.

Still in doubt, Zhao Shu acted according to Huang Xiaolong's order. Circulating his battle qi, both of his palms were placed at Huang Xiaolong's back and a powerful energy entered Huang Xiaolong's body.

With a wave of his hands, Huang Xiaolong slapped his palms onto the Linglong Treasure Pagoda that was floating in front of him. In a blink, the Thousand Beast Cauldron on the second layer burst out in a radiant light. The Thousand Demon Engulfing Destruction Array triggering a forceful suction force that swallowed up the black-clad old man instantaneously into the Thousand Beast Cauldron.

Watching the Linglong Treasure Pagoda suck the old man in, Zhao Shu, Yu Ming and Fei Hou that were guarding close by nearly had their eyeballs pop out of their sockets.

The trio was aware Huang Xiaolong possessed the Linglong Treasure Pagoda but none of them knew it could be used in this fashion.

Right before the three pairs of shocked eyes, the Linglong Treasure Pagoda shone increasingly bright as it shook vigorously.

From within the pagoda came the old man's anxious pleading voice.

"Huang Xiaolong, I beg you, spare me! Let me go, I'm willing to surrender to you and profess you as my master!"

"It took me six hundred years of hard penance to achieve my cultivation today. I'm a Xiantian Eighth Order expert, I don't want to die! Huang Xiaolong, I'm begging you, I don't want to die, let me go!"

Listening to the ghastly shrieks coming from inside the pagoda, Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou felt goosebumps running down their necks.

At this time, the Heaven and Earth Origin Reverting Array came to life, the origin reverting flames burned strongly akin to an iron tempering furnace, 'molding' the black-clad old man. Though the black-clad old man circulated his battle qi to stave off the burning flames, the origin reverting flames continued to encroach, invading his internal body and roasting him alive from inside out. The excruciating torment was more than the black-clad old man could bear.

This pain was many times worse than the Asura frigid qi eroding his body, many times more insufferable.

Hearing the old man's tragic cries, Huang Xiaolong allowed Zhao Shu to continue transmitting battle qi into his body to supply the Heaven and Earth Origin Reverting Array, igniting to origin reverting flames within to dance wildly.

This black-clad old man might be begging for mercy at this moment, claiming willingness to serve under Huang Xiaolong, but on the other side of the wall was Heartless Young Noble. Who knew when the old man would turn around and bite him. Thus, without absolute trust and confidence, it was impossible for Huang Xiaolong to keep such a person by his side. Only one way remained, forceful refinement!

Since this Thousand Beast Cauldron could refine beast cores into spirit pellets, then the same theory should apply to a human warrior. They too, very likely, could be refined into a spirit pellet.

A Xiantian Eighth Order expert had a rich concentration of battle qi in their meridians and Qi Sea. Not only that, their flesh and blood essence was comparable to high-grade elixirs.

Inside the Thousand Beast Cauldron, the black-clad old man persisted by circulating his battle qi to resist and managed to do so for more than an hour. Gradually the cries grew weaker and at the end barely a whisper came out, then completely disappeared.

When the black-clad old man's voice completely stopped, the radiant light shrouding the Linglong Treasure Pagoda grew bigger and brighter.

The same thing was happening to the Thousand Beast Cauldron on the second layer of Linglong Treasure Pagoda. Blinding light flared!

Four hours later, the Thousand Beast Cauldron suddenly issued a lilting hum as a pillar of light shot up into the sky from the cauldron lid. A thumb-sized, glossy round spirit pellet flew out from the cauldron, appearing above the Linglong Treasure Pagoda.

The spirit pellet's appearance instantly brought about lightning and rumbling dark clouds in the sky above. A prism of resplendent light swirled in midair, and faint tiger roars were heard coming from the backyard of the estate. A surreal shadow of a black-white tiger materialized and slowly vanished.

The spiritual energy around the Southern Hill Estate greatly fluctuated.

Yu Ming and Fei Hou's eyes were staring straight at the spirit pellet hovering above the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. Even Zhao Shu was caught staring up above.

"Grade Seven Spirit Dan!" All three exclaimed simultaneously.

When the refinement of a grade seven and above spirit pellet was successful, a manifestation of some kind would appear in the sky, triggering tumultuous changes in the surroundings spiritual energy.

Refining a grade seven and above spirit pellet was extremely difficult and had a very low success rate. Even if one had all the necessary ingredients, there was no guarantee in condensing a pellet. Yet, Huang Xiaolong did so with the help of the Linglong Treasure Pagoda!

After getting over their shock, they turned to stare at the Linglong Treasure Pagoda in astonishment.

Didn't this mean that by using the Linglong Treasure Pagoda, they could refine a grade eight, grade nine, and probably even a grade ten spirit pellet?!

Watching their thoughts clearly flickering on their faces, Huang Xiaolong shook his head. The truth was, if it wasn't for Zhao Shu's presence, the aid from a Saint realm expert, it would have been impossible for him to refine the old man even with the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. This was especially so when Huang Xiaolong noted that the amount of energy required by the Thousand Demon Engulfing Destruction Array and Heaven and Earth Origin Reverting Array was too alarming.

Zhao Shu was a high-level Saint realm expert, not someone who had just recently broken through to the early Saint realm, thus the abundance of his battle qi was hard to imagine. But to refine to black clad old man, the Thousand Beast Cauldron actually sucked more than half of Zhao Shu's battle qi reserve.

More than half!

Ergo, spirit stones were essential!

A grade three spirit stone was sufficient to refine a grade five spirit pellet, grade two spirit stone could support the refinement process for grade six spirit pellet. In short, to refine grade seven spirit pellet he needed grade one spirit stones!

However, auction and trading houses rarely had grade one spirit stones for auction or trade, where would he get them?

Huang Xiaolong flexed his palm and puled the round pellet hovering in the air into his palm. Vaguely, a black and white shadow of a tiger could be seen prowling within.

This was the black-clad old man's martial spirit which was refined into the pellet as well by the Thousand Beast Cauldron.

It was said a grade seven spirit pellet not only increases one's battle qi substantially, but also raises the flesh's physical defense and strengthens the internal organs as well as the soul. Huang Xiaolong rolled the round pellet in his hand, thinking to himself.

The sky was illuminating. In the early morning, he needed to be present at Duanren Square to receive his rewards. So, Huang Xiaolong decided to wait until he returned before consuming the spirit pellet.

Chapter 186: Insolent!

Due to having too much battle qi drained from him and absorbed by the Thousand Beast Cauldron when refining the old man, Huang Xiaolong told Zhao Shu to rest while Yu Ming and Fei Hou dealt with Southern Hill Estate's matters.

Considering the accommodation matters were resolved, the next step would be moving the Huang Family over from the Luo Tong Kingdom.

At this time, in the main hall of a courtyard on the north section of Yao Manor, Yao Fei was pacing with a gloomy expression, uncertain emotions swirled in the depth of his eyes.

At the side of the great hall stood Yanggang and Pang Yu. Watching Yao Fei's expression, neither one of them dared to speak.

It was a long time later before Yanggang managed to muster up some courage, venturing cautiously, "Heartless Young Noble, could it be that Senior Zhang is already... ?"

Yao Fei's body whipped around, his gaze was akin to deadly knives aiming at Yanggang, instantly shutting him up.

"Very well, both of you leave me for now. Later you still need to be present to receive the rewards." Yao Fei spoke out softly.

"Yes, Heartless Young Noble!" Yanggang and Pang Yu answered in unison and retreated.

Watching them leave, Yao Fei suddenly clapped once. In the void above, a black-clothed man shrouded in mysterious black fog emerged.

"Go find out what happened to Zhang Liang, why hasn't he come back yet?" Yao Fei's voice was low and solemn as he issued the order.

"Yes Young Noble!" The black-clothed man acknowledged respectfully and disappeared in a blur, not the slightest fluctuation in his coming or going.

When the black-clothed man left, Yao Fei sat down, his brows locked in a tight frown as he pondered. He knew what Yanggang was trying to imply earlier... Huang Xiaolong detected Zhang Liang's presence?"

"No." Yao Fei shook his head.

He clearly understood Zhang Liang's strength. Adding his martial spirit ability that gave him the ability to completely blend with the night's darkness, not a trace of breath could be detected. Not even the Xiantian realm expert by Huang Xiaolong's side could possibly detect Zhang Liang's presence.

Despite that, several hours passed. Why hadn't Zhang Liang returned?

Yao Fei sat in the main hall, waiting for the black-clothed man to return with his report.

Soon, the morning light lit up the sky.

Huang Xiaolong swallowed a Fire Dragon Pearl and spent the time adjusting his condition in the ancient battlefield before coming out again.

However, when he came to the great hall of the estate manor, he saw Zhao Shu waiting there for him. When he heard Zhao Shu requesting to come with him to Duanren Imperial Palace for the prize giving ceremony, Huang Xiaolong felt nonplussed, "You want to come with me to Duanren Imperial Palace?"

Zhao Shu nodded, "This Subordinate would feel more assured of Sovereign's safety this way. And also, there is an old acquaintance I want to see."

"Old acquaintance?" Huang Xiaolong was baffled; there was actually an old acquaintance of Zhao Shu in the Duanren Imperial Palace?

Although Huang Xiaolong was curious about this person's identity, he did not ask who this person was. Nodding his agreement, he said: "Okay, we will depart in a while."

At this time, the first one hundred place geniuses were making their way to the Duanren Imperial Palace from different directions to receive their rewards. Each person was allowed to bring one personal guard with them into the imperial palace.

Thus, Yu Ming and Fei Hou were left watching over Southern Hill Estate, making the necessary arrangements and preparations to move the Huang Family over to Duanren Imperial City while Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu stepped out of the estate, heading in the imperial palace's direction to accept his winnings.

It did not take long for Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu to reach the Duanren Imperial Palace's main entrance. Coincidentally, he ran into Cui Li who had arrived at about the same time as him. Following behind Cui Li was a beautiful older woman. Though she concentrated and hid her breaths fluctuations, Huang Xiaolong could tell she was a powerful character.

Huang Xiaolong and Cui Li's gazes met halfway, and in Cui Li's eyes, there was delight along with a faint trace of hesitation.

Huang Xiaolong merely nodded at her and continued walking onward with Zhao Shu through the imperial palace's doors.

The guards standing at both sides of the entrance recognized Huang Xiaolong in an instant, therefore no one stopped or questioned Huang Xiaolong's identity.

Cui Li stood on the same spot with a faint aggrieved expression that mingled with complication.

"He is that Huang Xiaolong?" The beautiful woman behind Cui Li asked.

Cui Li nodded, "Yes, Little Aunt, that's him."

"Not a bad young man. Unfortunately, he offended Heartless Young Noble." The beautiful woman spoke, "This Huang Xiaolong is indeed a rare talent, possessing superb talent twin martial spirits. But he doesn't realize the terrifying extent of how far and deep Heartless Young Noble's influence and power stretches. The Yao Family's forces behind Heartless Young Noble surpasses what he could ever imagine."

The beautiful woman shook her head in pity, "If I were him, I would not offend Heartless Young Noble."

"Little Aunt, let's go in." Cui Li tacitly changed the topic.

"Okay." She nodded.

Up front, Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu were being led in by two imperial palace guards, arriving at a big square within the palace grounds.

This square may look dwarfed compared to the Duanren Square that was right across from Duanren Imperial Palace's main entrance, but with the capacity to accommodate thirty to forty thousand people it was by no means small in size. The two imperial palace guards led Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu to the front of the square where most of the other geniuses had arrived, including Yanggang, Pang Yu, and Dai Shanni.

When the gathered top one hundred geniuses saw Huang Xiaolong, most subconsciously took a step back, making a path for him as they looked at him with awe, Yanggang and Pang Yu were the same.

Noting Yanggang and Pang Yu's reaction and expression, Huang Xiaolong remained aloof, stood in place, and waited for the ceremony to begin.

After Huang Xiaolong, Cui Li subsequently arrived and stood in wait not too far from Huang Xiaolong, her pretty eyes gazing at the back of his silhouette.

A short while after Cui Li, a small commotion rustled through the crowd.

"Xie Puti!"

"It's Xie Puti, he's here!"

Huang Xiaolong looked over and saw Xie Puti clad in fire-red battle gear, walking over. Behind him was an elderly person that had the same fire-red battle gear on.

Just as the first time Huang Xiaolong saw Xie Puti at the battle arena in Duanren Square, Xie Puti walked in with a domineering aura, proud and confident as if he had not lost to Huang Xiaolong the day before.

Xie Puti walked towards Huang Xiaolong.

Watching this, Pang Yu and Yanggang were gloating inside, waiting for a good show. And just when Yanggang and Pang Yu thought Xie Puti was going to fight with Huang Xiaolong, Xie Puti suddenly smiled, "I accept yesterday's defeat with no equivocation!" He even extended his hand out to Huang Xiaolong.

Everyone was agape at the scene. Jaws dropped, nearly touching the ground.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes met Yanggang and Pang Yu's, and then he extended his own hand out, clasping Xie Puti's hand in a handshake.

Perhaps this is what they called no concord without discord.

In Huang Xiaolong's view, both of them were the same kind of people. Xie Puti exuded dominance, pride, and confidence but deep in Huang Xiaolong's core, he too was the same—domineering, arrogant, proud, and confident. And as his strength continued to grow stronger, these qualities would reveal themselves.

Both of them appreciate the same qualities in the other.

At this time, a sonorous clapping sound echoed in the square.

Everyone was jolted out from their daze and looked over. Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian were promenading towards them, escorted by a group of imperial palace guards.

Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti retrieved their hands.

"Greeting His Highness Second Imperial Prince!" Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti both saluted.

The elderly person behind Xie Puti also followed suit and saluted Duan Wuhen, as did everyone else except for one person—Zhao Shu who was standing behind Huang Xiaolong.

"Insolent!" A general behind Duan Wuhen could not tolerate Zhao Shu's lack of manners and chastised him for it.

Chapter 187: So, the Little Monkey Has Grown Up

The same general took a step forward wanting to force Zhao Shu to kneel down in salute. Duan Wuhen raised a hand to block him, "Leave it."

Duan Wuhen's taciturn manner made it hard to tell if he was upset regarding the matter.

"Yes, Second Imperial Highness!" The general respectfully answered and retreated to one side.

Watching this scene, Yanggang was secretly pleased. Although Duan Wuhen did not say anything, Yanggang was certain that inwardly, the Second Prince must have felt a tad upset with Huang Xiaolong

This Huang Xiaolong doesn't even know how to educate a lowly servant properly, he's really running out of luck!

Pang Yu and those jealous of Huang Xiaolong were also elated at Huang Xiaolong's impending predicament.

Duan Wuhen came to the front of the group. Taking a look at the present crowd, he let out a placid laugh, "Congratulations to everyone here for winning the top one hundred places in this year's Imperial City Battle. From now on, each and every one of you are a student of Duanren Institute!"

Duan Wuhen's words incited different reactions from different people, but the majority of the geniuses had excitement written over their faces.

Duanren Institute, the most prominent academy in the entire Duanren Empire!

Entering Duanren Institute was the highest glory one could receive in the hearts of the Duanren Empire's people.

Next, Duan Wuhen signaled Cheng Jian to start giving out the prizes without wasting any more time on nonsense.

The prize giving was divided into three sections:

The first section was for numbers eleven to one hundred.

The second section was for second to tenth place.

And the third section was the prize for first place!

There were ninety people in the first section, taking the longest time. It wasn't until one hour later when the first section of prize giving ended. The next section consisted of Xie Puti, Yanggang, Pang Yu, and the rest.

After the second to tenth place was done, it was finally Huang Xiaolong's turn. And Huang Xiaolong's rewards were personally handed over by Duan Wuhen himself whereas Xie Puti and the rest of the ninety-eight people were all handled by Cheng Jian. Huang Xiaolong's prize was solely given out by Duan Wuhen.

In the eyes of people like Yanggang, being presented with the rewards by Duan Wuhen was a great honor.

Duan Wuhen passed a spatial ring that contained twenty pieces of grade one spirit stones and two high Grade Six Spirit Dans to Huang Xiaolong.

In Luo Tong Kingdom, the King was probably the only person who had the capability to own a spatial ring, but here in Duanren Empire it was not that extraordinary or rare.

Most of the large families' core members in Duanren Empire usually had a spatial ring.

When Huang Xiaolong received the spatial ring containing twenty pieces of grade one spirit stones and two high Grade Six Spirit Dans, Duan Wuhen smiled, "Huang Xiaolong, I hope you will be able to break into Saint realm one day and become our Duanren Empire's Protector!"

Huang Xiaolong was taken aback but nodded just the same.

Duanren Empire's Protector!

Huang Xiaolong knew these were perfunctory words, but Huang Xiaolong was sanguine of his chances to break into the Saint realm and this day was not too far away!

At this point, Cheng Jian came to the front and announced the ceremonies conclusion, leaving them to disperse from the palace square.

Everyone acceded respectfully and made their exit.

But just as Huang Xiaolong was about to leave, Duan Wuhen spoke up, "Huang Xiaolong, stay back for a while, my Imperial Father wants to see you."

This stunned everyone present.

Duanren Emperor actually wanted to see Huang Xiaolong!

By this point, even Xie Puti could not help feeling a tinge of envy burgeoning into slight jealousy. Duanren Emperor was the person who founded Duanren Empire, the paramount existence in the hearts of Duanren Empire's subjects. This eminent figure had summoned Huang Xiaolong!

None of the previous Imperial City Battle champions had such honor and glory!

A tumult of emotions swirled within Yanggang and the rest.

Before leaving, Cui Li's eyes took a final look at Huang Xiaolong's silhouette.

Duan Wuhen waited until Xie Puti, Cui Li, and the others disappeared from view before speaking again: "Huang Xiaolong, come with me." Without waiting for a reply, Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian turned around and led in the front, leaving Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu to follow on their own accord out of Righteous Square.

The Duanren Imperial Palace covered a huge area. They passed by many great halls, big and small squares, and corridors the entire way before Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian stopped in front of a cavernous palace structure.

A troop of imperial palace guards were lined along the front perimeter.

Duan Wuhen, Cheng Jian, Huang Xiaolong, and Zhao Shu entered.

They continued onward, passing through four other smaller courtyards before coming to an enormous grand hall.

On the other far end of the grand hall sat a middle-aged man wearing a brilliant yellow dragon robe. In the center of this middle-aged man's eyebrows was an imprint of a broken blade talismanic pattern. He was none other than Duanren Emperor!

Entering the grand hall, Cheng Jiang and Duan Wuhen hastened forward to pay their respects but they suddenly saw Duanren Emperor shoot onto his feet with unseen joy on his face, hopping off the throne and coming down in just a few quick steps.

Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian were stupefied.

Duanren Emperor walked towards Duan Wuhen's group instead?

"Imperial Father!" Duan Wuhen walked up and called out. But, it was as if Duanren Emperor did not see him at all. Before the shocked eyes of Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian, Duanren Emperor walked passed them as he headed straight to Zhao Shu who was standing behind Huang Xiaolong. In the throes of excitement, he ventured courteously, "Is it Mister Zhao?"

Mister Zhao?!!

Both Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian's eyeballs nearly fell out of their sockets, looks of indescribable disbelief evident on their faces.

What did Duanren Emperor refer to the guard behind Huang Xiaolong as? Mister Zhao?

Mister!

This time, even Huang Xiaolong was greatly stunned and surprised.

A thought flashed like lightning in Huang Xiaolong's brain. Could the old acquaintance Zhao Shu mentioned earlier be Duanren Emperor?!

It was the Duanren Emperor himself!

Things moved so quickly that Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian were still struggling to register what had just happened. Zhao Shu smiled at Duanren Emperor, "Not bad, the little monkey that year has finally grown up. One thousand years has passed and not only have you broken through to the Saint realm, but you also built a big empire!"

Little monkey?!

Finally grew up?!

Listening to Zhao Shu's pet name for Duanren Emperor, Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian nearly stumbled on the spot with their knees barely supporting them.

Whereas Duanren Emperor had an embarrassed expression as he said, "Just a small Duanren Empire, Mister Zhao is joking."

Zhao Shu nodded and then he stated, "This is my Young Lord." His thumb pointed at Huang Xiaolong.

"Young Lord?!" Duanren Emperor appeared dazed and confused as he stared at Huang Xiaolong. Then, astonishment sprung forth in his heart for he clearly knew Zhao Shu's identity. More than one thousand years ago, and before he broke into the Saint realm, Zhao Shu had already been a warrior in the Saint realm.

"Imperial Father, this is Young Bro Huang Xiaolong!" At this juncture, Duan Wuhen swiftly stepped up. Suppressing the waves of shock in his heart, he gave a brief introduction to Duanren Emperor.

Duan Wuhen's way of referring to Huang Xiaolong took an upturn.

But in the next moment, Duanren Emperor looked at Huang Xiaolong and laughed amiably, "So, it's this year's Imperial City Battle champion, Young Noble Huang."

Young Noble Huang! Duanren Emperor used honorifics!

Drops of cold sweat appeared on Dun Wuhen's forehead. Was he too rude in referring to Huang Xiaolong as 'Young Bro'? As for Cheng Jian, he had already turned into a wooden statue carving, unable to process anything at all.

"Duanren Emperor is too polite." Huang Xiaolong quickly replied.

"No, no, no, Young Noble Huang can call me by my given name in the future. Just call me Duan Ren." Duanren Emperor insisted.

Cold sweat burst forth from Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian's body like a gurgling spring.

"This...!" Huang Xiaolong looked over at Zhao Shu, this series of changes happened too quickly, and truth be told, Huang Xiaolong was feeling a little too dumbfounded to react with his usual nonchalance. It had not occurred to him that Zhao Shu's 'old acquaintance' could possibly be Duanren Emperor himself, and that the big man would treat him so respectfully!

It was Duanren Emperor who summoned Huang Xiaolong, yet why did the situation seem reversed?

Chapter 188: The Connection Between Zhao Shu and Duan Ren

Noticing Huang Xiaolong looking over at him, Zhao Shu nodded slightly, indicating that he should directly call Duanren Emperor by his name in the future.

Huang Xiaolong could not help but smile wryly inside as he imaged the scene where he called Duanren Emperor by his given name in public. The envisioned reactions already made him feel helpless and gave him a headache.

In the end, Huang Xiaolong nodded in silence.

Duanren Emperor was delighted that Huang Xiaolong acquiesced. Smiling, he turned to Zhao Shu and said respectfully, "If Duan Ren knew Mister Zhao had come to Duanren Empire, Duan Ren would have gone out to welcome you in advance. Now, it would appear Duan Ren was presumptuous to summon Mister Zhao into the imperial palace. This mistake really makes Duan Ren feel ill at ease." Saying he was ill at ease were honest words, and better yet, he was even trembling in his dragon robe.

Zhao Shu waved his hand in a blasé manner, "It's nothing. The Young Lord and I will be staying in Duanren Empire for a period of time. While we are here, you can come look for me if you have any questions related to your cultivation."

Duanren Emperor's face lit up, with utmost respect and solemnity, he said: "Then Duan Ren shall be indebted to Mister Zhao's favor." Recently, he indeed ran into a few stumbling blocks in his cultivation and was helplessly struggling for some guidance.

Half an hour later, Duanren Emperor saw Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu out of the palace grand hall. In actual fact, Duanren Emperor wanted to escort Zhao Shu and Huang Xiaolong all the way back to Southern Hill Estate. Huang Xiaolong discouraged his intention for it ran the risk of bringing unwanted attention. Thus, he managed to persuade Duanren Emperor that only escorting them to immediately outside the grand hall sufficed. Even so, jaws dropped to the ground when the guards who were lined up along the way saw their majestic Duanren Emperor sending Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu off. The grounds were littered with shocked eyes.

After respectfully escorting Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu out, Duanren Emperor turned back and said to Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian, "Both of you send Young Noble Huang and Mister Zhao back to Southern Hill Estate on my behalf."

"Yes, Imperial Father!"

"Yes, Imperial Highness!"

Both Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian immediately replied with utmost respect.

Despite that, when the four of them reached the imperial palace's main entrance, Huang Xiaolong stopped Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian at the steps. Seeing Huang Xiaolong's insistence, neither of them wished to refute and thus, they relented. Afterwards, when both Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu's figure disappeared from view, both of them returned to the previous palace grand hall to report.

Duanren Emperor observed the two people standing below the dais, "You two must be feeling curious about Mister Zhao's identity, am I right?"

"Imperial Father, that Mister Zhao is... ?" Duan Wuhen took a step forward, cautiously inquiring.

"Mister Zhao was a good friend of my Master." Duanren Emperor spoke in a slow and seemingly distant voice as he looked ahead, falling into reminiscence. "About a thousand years ago when I was still a Xiantian warrior, Mister Zhao was already a Saint realm master."

Shock suddenly plastered itself all over Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian's faces.

Already a Saint realm master more than one thousand years ago! While Duanren Emperor was just a Xiantian realm warrior at that point of time.

It seemed like a long time later when Duan Wuhen spoke again, "Imperial Father, then Master Ancestor is now...?" He had never heard his Imperial Father talk about Master Ancestor.

"Master has fallen. One thousand years ago, he was besieged by enemies. At that time, Mister Zhao rushed over and rescued me. If it wasn't for Mister Zhao, I'd have died just as Master had that year!" Duanren Emperor sighed, "Looking out for Master's interest, Mister Zhao took good care of me after he saved me, guiding my cultivation over the span of a dozen years. More than a thousand years has passed so fast!"

Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian exchanged a look.

Such a thing happened!

If that was true, then Mister Zhao was not only Imperial Father's elder, he was also Imperial Father's savior! On top of that, he was also half a teacher!

No wonder Imperial Father treated Mister Zhao with abundant respect and was overjoyed when they met! Duan Wuhen thought to himself.

"Your Highness, what is Mister Zhao's level of strength?" Cheng Jian questioned carefully.

"Unfathomable!" Duanren Emperor answered with a dignified tone, "He's at least a Saint realm Seventh Order master!"

Saint realm Seventh Order!

And it was an 'at least' at that!

A film of cold sweat appeared on Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian's forehead.

There were only so many Saint realm experts even if you combed the entire Duanren Empire with a fine-tooth comb. Most of them would be at the early stages of Saint realm, with probably only two or three at mid-Saint realm stages. As for Saint realm Seventh Order and above, Duan Wuhen searched his memories but, as far as he knew there was none!

People at Saint realm Seventh Order and above were undeniably super old monsters among old monsters!

These were definitely existences Duan Wuhen could only revere. Suddenly recalling the scene at the Righteous Square, when a general in Duan Wuhen's camp barked at Mister Zhao for not saluting him, Duan Wuhen's knees started to shake a little.

If Mister Zhao was angered earlier, didn't that mean he wouldn't have been able to protect his little life no matter how hard he tried?!

Duanren Emperor noticed his son's strange behavior, hence asked, "Hen, what's the matter?"

Duan Wuhen dared not hide the matter, immediately recounted what happened at Righteous Square to his Imperial Father.

Hearing the cause and reason, Duanren Empire's face became icy, "For those that offend Mister Zhao, death! Behead that general!"

"Beㄧhead?!" Both Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian blanked for a moment. That general was a famous Duanren Empire General.

"Didn't you hear what I've said?!" Duanren Emperor exuded a strong pressure as his voice grew stern.

"Understood, Imperial Father!" Duan Wuhen's heart tightened and answered without further hesitation.

"I will apologize to Mister Zhao later." Duanren Emperor added.

Hearing this, both Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian cast their heads down, not daring to breathe as they tried to reduce their presence.

"Imperial Father, then what about Huang Xiaolong?" Seconds later, Duan Wuhen could not resist asking.

"You must refer to him as Young Noble Huang!" Duanren Emperor snapped at his son.

Duan Wuhen's heart jumped up to his throat as he complied with his Imperial Father's order.

"I'm not clear on what Young Noble Huang is trying to accomplish either. If Mister Zhao wants to tell us, he will." Duanren Emperor said, "As for Young Noble Huang's identity, do not act on your own accord to investigate or make baseless assumptions, understand?"

Their two heads nodded like obedient children.

"Okay, you're excused." Duanren Emperor cautioned again, "Bear in mind, do not let any information slip regarding Huang Xiaolong and Mister Zhao!"

Acknowledging Duanren Emperor's warning, Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian saluted respectfully and withdrew from the grand hall.

Both walked out from the grand hall until finally leaving the palace structure. After that, Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian continued walking for a long time in silence. Neither spoke a word until they realized they had come to the imperial palace's main entrance.

"Second Imperial Prince," Cheng Jian spoke first, "This minister shall take his leave!"

"En, you return first." Duan Wuhen nodded, his thoughts were a bit muddled at the moment. The events from today gave him so much of a shock that he needed some time alone to think things over.

By this time, Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu had returned to Southern Hill Estate.

Back in Southern Hill Estate, Huang Xiaolong also had many doubts and questions.

Understanding Huang Xiaolong's confusion, Zhao Shu explained: "Sovereign, back in the day, Duan Ren's Master and I were good friends." Zhao Shu then recounted the events of that year to Huang Xiaolong. First explaining Duanren Emperor's Master being surrounded by enemies, then after that when he arrived and rescued Duan Ren from danger.

Huang Xiaolong's reaction was similar to that of Duan Wuhen and Cheng Jian. He finally understood the connection Zhao Shu had with Duanren Emperor.

When they entered the great hall, Yu Ming and Fei Hou were seen patiently waiting. Looking towards Huang Xiaolong and Zhao Shu, Yu Ming and Fei Hou greeted them respectfully. Huang Xiaolong did not forget to ask about the progress around arranging the Huang Family's migration to the Imperial City.

Once he was finished listening to Yu Ming and Fei Hou's report, Huang Xiaolong excused all three of them, initiated the God Binding Ring, and entered the ancient battlefield.

In the ancient battlefield, Huang Xiaolong took the Grade Seven Spirit Dan refined from the black-clad old man out of the Asura Ring.

Chapter 189: Duanren Institute Term Begins!

There were about twenty days or so before Duanren Institute's new term began. Huang Xiaolong planned to swallow the Grade Seven Spirit Dan as well as the two high Grade Six Spirit Dans from the Imperial City Battle's reward and cultivate to enhance his strength a little bit more before the term started.

Without hesitation, Huang Xiaolong threw the grade seven, little round pellet into his mouth. An abundant source of battle qi essence instantly rushed into Huang Xiaolong's meridians and Qi Sea. He swiftly ran Asura Tactics to refine and absorb them.

As Huang Xiaolong refined this grade seven pellet, the Black and Blue Dragon emerged, hovering above him and devouring spiritual energy while cultivating as well.

Once Huang Xiaolong had broken into the Xiantian realm, his martial spirits condensed into solid entities, they could fight and cultivate too.

Not only that, but in the last two days Huang Xiaolong had noticed it was possible for his twin dragon martial spirits to connect to the ancient Dragon Realm, absorbing ancient true dragon qi!

While the Black and Blue Dragon cultivated in the void above Huang Xiaolong, absorbing energy into their bodies, a golden reddish colored energy was seen rolling out from above. This was the aforementioned qi of a true dragon from ancient times!

True dragon qi gushed down from the void, half was absorbed by the twin dragons and the other half was transferred into Huang Xiaolong's body, refined and absorbed.

True dragon qi was one of the top grade innate spiritual energies formed in this world. It could be said to have the same grade as the netherworld spiritual energy from the underworld and was perhaps even higher by a small margin.

As the true dragon qi entered Huang Xiaolong and spread to every part of his body, Huang Xiaolong could detect significant changes. Whether it was his flesh or meridians, bones and tendons, or even his internal organs, everything was strengthening rapidly at a visible rate.

The netherworld spiritual energy was also gushing down from the void simultaneously, being absorbed and refined by Huang Xiaolong.

As Huang Xiaolong continued to absorb more and more true dragon qi, it transformed into true dragon battle qi, coexisting in Huang Xiaolong's meridians and Qi Sea with the netherworld battle qi.

Huang Xiaolong's meridians and Qi Sea once again expanded in size.

If Huang Xiaolong's meridians before stepping into the Xiantian realm were akin to a small creek of water, then his current meridians were like a creek that had expanded ten times into a big river. It was the same with his Qi Sea, expanding more than ten times the size it was before.

The moment he succeeded in breaking through to the Xiantian realm, the gas-like battle qi had fully converted into liquid form. The energy contained in one drop of battle qi easily surpassed one hundred cubic feet of gaseous battle qi by several-fold.

The three of them: Huang Xiaolong, Black Dragon and Blue Dragon, continued to absorb energy, refine it, and cultivate.

Time flowed by, one day passed. Then two days passed.

In the blink of an eye, half a month had gone by. It took that much time for Huang Xiaolong to fully refine the grade seven pellet.

During the course of that half month, Huang Xiaolong was initially close to breaking through to mid-Xiantian First Order strength. But with the aid of the grade seven pellet, he then had successive breakthroughs into mid-Xiantian First Order, peak mid-Xiantian First Order, and finally, late-Xiantian First Order!

Late-Xiantian First Order!

The grade seven pellet was refined from a Xiantian Eighth Order expert. In short, it could be said Huang Xiaolong devoured a Xiantian Eighth Order warrior.

Still, Huang Xiaolong was disappointed. He expected that he would at least reach peak late-Xiantian First Order after refining that grade seven pellet.

However in the next moment Huang Xiaolong shook his head wryly, feeling that he was too greedy. How long had it been since he had broken into the Xiantian realm? No more than two months! If it was someone else, it would probably take them ten years, maybe even longer.

Taking a deep breath, Huang Xiaolong adjusted his mood and took out the two high Grade Six Spirit Dans rewarded from the Imperial City Battle competition. He popped both of them into his mouth at once.

Even so, the combined energy from these two pellets was considerably weaker than that single grade seven pellet.

Night turned to day and day into night. Ten days came and went by the time Huang Xiaolong had finished refining the two high Grade Six Spirit Dans.

Yet, Huang Xiaolong remained at late Xiantian FIrst Order even after consuming the pills, unable to succeed in breaking through to the peak late-Xiantian First Order stage.

Although Grade Six and Seven Spirit Dan were very rare and valuable, as well as beneficial towards one's increase in battle qi and cultivation, there were limits to its advantages. Otherwise, wouldn't younger generations of those superfamilies be swallowing Grade Five and Grade Six Spirit Dan's to enhance themselves endlessly?

The various disciples and geniuses that enhanced their cultivation by relying heavily on taking a large number of spirit pellets forsook a solid foundation. Moreover, every stage of battle qi breakthrough was difficult. Most of these superfamilies geniuses were stuck at peak late-Xiantian First Order or peak late-Xiantian Second Order, unable to step into the Third Order for the longest time. This was mainly due to their weak foundation.

As he ended his meditation session, Huang Xiaolong counted to himself. There were two more days until the start of the new term at Duanren Institute. Thus he did not exit the ancient battlefield. Once again, Huang Xiaolong continued his attempt to cultivate Asura Tactics and the Body Metamorphose Scripture simultaneously.

Another two days passed amidst Huang Xiaolong's attempt.

Running both techniques together was much smoother for Huang Xiaolong than before. If things continued to progress in this manner, it wouldn't take long before he could fully run them at the same time unimpeded.

Satisfied, Huang Xiaolong exited the ancient battlefield.

Outside of the ancient battlefield dimensional space, the sky began to brighten as the sun slowly rose on the horizon.

Huang Xiaolong strode towards the estate manor's great hall, instructing one of the slave servants to call Zhao Shu, Yu Ming, and Fei Hou to the great hall.

Moments later, the three of them arrived at the great hall. Huang Xiaolong motioned them to sit after their greetings.

When all four of them were seated, Huang Xiaolong asked Fei Hou about the progress of the Huang Family's migration to Duanren Imperial City.

"Sovereign, members of the Huang Family are already on the way to the Imperial City, passing the Baolong Kingdom. But with their speed, they will need a few more months before arriving in Duanren Imperial City." Fei Hou replied respectfully. "They are being escorted by Senior Brother Haotian and a group of Marshal Mansion's guards. Their safety is in good hands."

Huang Xiaolong nodded. Then, he looked over towards Yu Ming, "Yu Ming, I must trouble you to rush over and join up with them." Despite the fact that Marshal Haotian and the Mansion guards were with his family, Huang Xiaolong was not reassured.

"Yes, Sovereign!" Yu Ming acknowledged the order with the usual respect.

"What's the situation on Yao Fei's side?" Huang Xiaolong continued.

Fei Hou laughed as he answered, "Yao Fei is still looking for that black-clad old man."

Zhao Shu added, "If he knew that old man was already 'eaten' by Sovereign, he'd surely vomit blood."

Zhao Shu's comment triggered a burst of laughter.

Huang Xiaolong stood up and said, "Today's the start of Duanren Institute's new term. I'm going over to have a look."

"Sovereign, I shall go with you." Zhao Shu stood up and stated.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head: "No need."

There wouldn't be any big danger within the Duanren Institute's grounds. Furthermore, Huang Xiaolong didn't wish to rely on Zhao Shu's protection all the time.

Hearing this, Zhao Shu no longer said anything.

Hence, Zhao Shu and Fei Hou stayed behind in Southern Hill Estate to handle the Nine Tripod Commerce's shift to the Imperial City while Yu Ming set off to meet up with the Huang Family group so as to ensure they arrived safely in Duanren Empire.

Exiting Southern Hill Estate, Huang Xiaolong made his way to Duanren Institute by himself.

Duanren Institute was located in the center of Duanren Imperial City. Because he was walking, Huang Xiaolong took a little over an hour to arrive at the Institute.

When he reached the main gates of the Institute, a sea of people were already waiting there. After all, it was the first day.

Duanren Institute was Duanren Empire's top academy. Herein gathered the most talented geniuses from over one thousand of Duanren Empire's fealty kingdoms. Each person from these kingdoms was an extraordinary talent.

"Huang Xiaolong!" Just as Huang Xiaolong arrived at Duanren Institute's square, a happy voice called his name.

Chapter 190: New Students Signing In

Huang Xiaolong turned around to look at the person who called his name and when he saw the other party, he was stunned: "Chen Cheng!"

Chen Cheng... Luo Tong Kingdom Cosmic Star Academy's Chen Cheng!

Many years ago when Huang Xiaolong first enrolled into Cosmic Star Academy, he met Chen Cheng when they entered the Dragon Flame Valley as a group to cultivate and he won the first year student's champion title. That year, the student who won Cosmic Star Academy's overall champion title was Chen Cheng!

Chen Cheng went on to represent Cosmic Star Academy and Luo Tong Kingdom to participate in the Imperial City Battle. In the midst of the competition, he broke through into the Xiantian realm and by a stroke of luck, he succeeded to clinch a spot within the top one hundred places, thus becoming a student of Duanren Institute.

Chen Cheng's success that year in achieving a place within the top one hundred during the Imperial City Battle and becoming Duanren Institute's student had turned him into a big sensation in the Luo Tong Kingdom.

Huang Xiaolong never expected to run into Chen Cheng on the first day at the Institute. Seeing Chen Cheng, Huang Xiaolong was genuinely happy. Since both of them were people from Luo Tong Kingdom, and students of the same Cosmic Star Academy, there was a nostalgic feeling of encountering a long-lost friend or running into a familiar face far from home.

"Xiaolong, it's really you!" Chen Cheng walked up, one hand reaching out to pat Huang Xiaolong's shoulder as he laughed heartily. His thrill and excitement even drove him to give Huang Xiaolong a bear hug.

Releasing Huang Xiaolong, Chen Cheng grinned and said, "It's been eight years since we last met, you kid... you're taller than me now!"

Although it had been eight years since they last met, and Huang Xiaolong's appearance changed considerably, Chen Cheng could still recognize him. Of course, when he caught the first glimpse of Huang Xiaolong, he wasn't sure in the beginning.

But now it was confirmed!

Huang Xiaolong responded with a playful punch to Chen Cheng's shoulder, "You have become more robust too!"

Eight years had elapsed and Chen Cheng was more muscular than he used to be. However, in the past, Huang Xiaolong used to be a head shorter than him. But now, Huang Xiaolong was actually half a head taller than Chen Cheng.

"I heard you won first place in this year's Imperial City Battle?" Chen Cheng sighed out of admiration, "Even that Xiantian Second Order Xie Puti lost to you! Perhaps I wouldn't even be able take a hit from you now!"

Despite entering Duanren Institute eight years earlier than Huang Xiaolong, Chen Cheng was only at mid-Xiantian First Order. Based on strength, Chen Cheng was slightly weaker than Bai Shou who was thrown out of the stage with one move from Huang Xiaolong during the Imperial City Battle.

Therefore when Chen Cheng claimed he could not take one blow from Huang Xiaolong, he was not speaking words of modesty.

Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng chatted, most of the topics were related to Cosmic Star Academy.

The Academy was a memory they both shared.

At the mention of Cosmic Star Academy, words seemed to flow endlessly between them.

"I haven't been back once in these eight years. I wonder how much has changed in the Academy?" Chen Cheng lamented, "I really want to go back and have a look around." Not just the academy, he hadn't even seen his family during that time frame either. He wondered if they were doing well.

"The next time I go back to the Luo Tong Kingdom, let's go together." Huang Xiaolong said.

"Really?" Chen Cheng laughed, "Great, it's a promise!" Next, his tone changed, "You came today to report to the institute right? Come on, I'll bring you there."

With that, Chen Cheng led Huang Xiaolong towards the new students' sign in area.

Cutting across the Institute square, Chen Cheng pointed out some building structures and introduced them to Huang Xiaolong as they passed by.

Not long after Duanren Empire was founded, Duanren Institute was built. It had quite a long history spanning over a thousand years, which showed in many of the building structures that exuded a vicissitude of time.

When they passed by the Institute's Hall of Fame, Chen Cheng pointed to the five statues erected at the center of the hall and introduced them one by one to Huang Xiaolong.

All five were warriors that broke into the Saint realm after graduating from Duanren Institute.

When Chen Cheng came to the middle statue, an expression of fanaticism and worship took over, "This is our Duanren Institute's most legendary student, Senior Xie Ke!"

"Senior Xie Ke broke through the Saint realm within three hundred years of cultivation!"

Huang Xiaolong was greatly shocked.

Three hundred years to breakthrough Saint realm!

Chen Cheng nudged him, "Shocked right?" Saying this, Chen Cheng suddenly lowered his voice to a whisper, "Senior Xie Ke is the Xie Family's Ancestor!"

Xie Family's Ancestor!

Huang Xiaolong's eyes rounded in surprise. Didn't that mean this Xie Ke was Xie Puti's ancestor?

"According to rumors, the Xie Family was established by Senior Xie Ke." Chen Cheng added in his barely audible voice.

Huang Xiaolong's eyes narrowed. Eight hundred years ago!

This Xie Family only began eight hundred years ago yet in that short span of time, it had grown big enough to rival a two thousand year heritage Yao Family. It would appear that one must not underestimate this Xie Ke.

If there was an opportunity, Huang Xiaolong hoped to meet Xie Ke.

Half an hour later, the two of them reached the new students sign in area.

The building where new students reported was similar to all of the other buildings, exuding an atmosphere and style of an age long passed. A lively scene was currently taking place, many people were already there by the time Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng walked in. Apart from the new students, there were many old students there as well. Huang Xiaolong raised his head and saw three characters written in ancient calligraphy hanging at the top of the building structure: Wind Facing Hall.

Leading up to Wind Facing Hall were a dozen or so stone steps.

As they walked up the steps, Chen Cheng explained to Huang Xiaolong that other than being where new students reported, Wind Facing Hall was also the place where the students accepted tasks and collected rewards.

Only then did Huang Xiaolong understand why there were so many older students entering and exiting the hall. It seemed they came to accept tasks or collect rewards.

Both of them entered the hall after climbing to the top of the steps.

The door entrance was quite grand, reaching twenty zhang. As they stepped inside, a majestic scene swept into their vision. From the outside, Wind Facing Hall did not look big, but once inside, the great hall appeared enormous and spacious.

Though it still lost in size when compared to the Duanren Square opposite the Duanren Imperial Palace, the difference was almost negligible.

Still, a ten-minute walk from the entrance was needed before a person could reach the place where new students signed in.

When the Institute teacher in charge of the reporting location heard Huang Xiaolong say his name, the teacher displayed an exaggerated expression of shock: "You're Huang Xiaolong!"

By now, Huang Xiaolong's name had spread throughout the entire Duanren Institute.

Of the several hundred thousand students and teachers in Duanren Institute, there wasn't a single individual who wasn't aware of the person possessing superb twin martial spiritsㅡHuang Xiaolong!

"That's right." Huang Xiaolong nodded.

After receiving affirmation from Huang Xiaolong, the teacher scrutinized Huang Xiaolong's appearance once over from head to toe before chuckling, "So you are Huang Xiaolong. Looks like what that little lass Sisi said about you was correct."

"Sisi?" There was a trace of confusion in Huang Xiaolong's eyes.

The Institute teacher laughed, "She's my daughter. She went to spectate this year's Imperial City Battle and when she came back she couldn't stop praising you, saying you're super cool!"

Super cool!

Huang Xiaolong was stumped, leaving him smiling wryly, whereas Chen Cheng next to him broke out in a fit of laughter.

"This is the Institute's gold badge and robe." The Institute teacher proceeded to take out a set of robes and a golden badge and passed them to Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong put everything into the Asura Ring after receiving them.

Following that, the teacher briefly explained the Institute's regulations and gave him an extremely thick book. Other than the Institute's regulations, the thousand plus kingdoms under the Duanren Empire were also written down and described in detail.

From their conversation, Huang Xiaolong got to know the name of this teacher that was in charge of handling new reporting students. His name was Lin Yang.

When Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng stepped out from the great hall, Heartless Young Noble also happened to be walking up the stone stairs with a large group of people trailing behind him, which included Yanggang and Pang Yu.

Chapter 191: I'll Leave Your Doglife

Though Huang Xiaolong had never seen Yao Fei prior to this, the presence of Yanggang and Pang Yu behind him instantly gave Yao Fei's identity away.

Huang Xiaolong observed this new person in yellow embroidered clothing. He had handsome features, albeit leaning more towards a feminine charm. Huang Xiaolong could not help but slow to a stop.

At the same time, Yanggang leaned closer to the front towards Yao Fei, saying: "Young Noble, it's Huang Xiaolong!"

Huang Xiaolong!

Yao Fei tilted his head slightly, peering at the figure that exited the Wind Facing Hall.

Their stares collided in midair. An invisible energy fluctuation rippled, causing the air to explode in muffled blasts all of a sudden.

Some of the passing students and teachers of Duanren Institute were startled, retreating a wide berth away.

Huang Xiaolong remained at the same spot like an immovable mountain. The two men faced each other.

After a momentary lapse of silence, Yao Fei suddenly spoke, "Huang Xiaolong, it is still not too late if you submit to me now. As long as you kneel down and admit you're wrong, I can forgive your prior wrongdoings."

Kneel down and admit wrong!

Huang Xiaolong was placid as he retorted, "Admit wrong? Yao Fei, you think too highly of yourself, I should be the one saying these words to you. If you kneel down now and admit your mistakes, I can overlook your previous fault as well as the mistake just now."

When the surrounding audience heard Huang Xiaolong words, everyone gasped in shock. Fingers began to point at them from many directions as whispered discussions sounded.

In the whole of Duanren Institute, there was actually someone who dared to call Heartless Young Noble Yao Fei by his name? Moreover, telling Heartless Young Noble to kneel down and apologize?!

Yanggang and Pang Yu were also stunned, wondering if Huang Xiaolong's brain was damaged somehow.

Yao Fei looked dumbfounded for a split second before laughing exaggeratedly with his hands moving in the air as if he had just heard the world's funniest joke.

But those who were familiar with Yao Fei knewㄧYao Fei was truly angered! A faintly discernable murderous intent spread from Yao Fei's body.

His laughter died down but the sharp coldness in his eyes soared, "Very good, you're the first person that dared to tell me to kneel down and admit fault!"

"So what?" Huang Xiaolong's indifference persisted, ignoring the rising killing intent from Yao Fei.

Yao Fei looked at Huang Xiaolong with a condescending eye, "I am really curious, is there a problem with your head or are you really so cocky that you aren't even afraid of death? Do you believe I can take your life, right here right now? Don't assume that just because you defeated Xie Puti you're invincible in this world. Squashing you is as easy as snapping my fingers!"

"Really?" came Huang Xiaolong's tepid response.

Just when everyone around thought Yao Fei was going to attack, the killing intent around him vanished, totally converged, "But, killing you so easily is a little too dull. I'll keep your doglife around so you can accompany me to play a little. Till the day comes when I'm tired of you that is. Then I'll personally take your life!"

Throwing down his declaration, Yao Fei signaled the people behind him with a wave of his hands: "We're leaving!" He brushed past Huang Xiaolong, entering Wind Facing Hall. Yanggang, Pang Yu, and the rest hastened to catch up.

Passing by Huang Xiaolong, Yanggang and Pang Yu looked at him as if they were looking at a dead person, even the surrounding students were looking at Huang Xiaolong with pity.

"He is Huang Xiaolong? This year's Imperial City Battle first place participant? Too bad he offended Heartless Young Noble!"

"We just need to wait for a good show!"

Voices filled the area.

"Xiaolong, we...!" At this point, Chen Cheng spoke.

"Let's leave here first." Huang Xiaolong shook his head.

Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng proceeded forward, leaving behind trails of whispers.

After having left Wind Facing Hall, they came to an empty place. No longer able to maintain his silence, Chen Cheng asked, "Xiaolong, how did you come to provoke Heartless Young Noble?"

Huang Xiaolong did not conceal the matter, recounting Yao Fei's invitation and his refusal to Chen Cheng.

Listening to the end of Huang Xiaolong's story, Chen Cheng was worried, "Xiaolong, you don't know Heartless Young Noble's influence and power. It's very troublesome offending him," then he continued, "There are two people in Duanren Institute that you absolutely must not offend. The first one is Young Noble Wuhen, you should know who Young Noble Wuhen is, and the other is Heartless Young Noble!"

Huang Xiaolong grinned, "Then I've already offended Yao Fei, what can I do?"

Seeing Huang Xiaolong still have the heart to joke, Chen Cheng became even more anxious, "How about you... !"

"Impossible!" Huang Xiaolong shook his head. He knew what Chen Cheng wanted to suggestㄧapologize to Yao Fei.

Chen Cheng wanted to say more, but Huang Xiaolong interjected, "It will be fine. Don't worry."

With this, Chen Cheng could only give up.

Moving on from that, Huang Xiaolong asked many questions about Duanren Institute. Entering the Institute eight years before him, Chen Cheng knew more than him.

According to Chen Cheng, there were five most influential Young Nobles in Duanren Empire. Amongst them, four of themㅡWuhen, Heartless, Cherish Petal, and Demon Sword were all Duanren Institute inner division disciples.

The four of them had accumulated quite a large force with Young Noble Wuhen and Heartless leading at the fore. Young Noble Cherish Petal and Demon Sword were slightly weaker.

Chen Cheng's explanation helped Huang Xiaolong understand the separation of power in Duanren Institute. A short while later, Chen Cheng brought Huang Xiaolong to the new students' dormitory.

The accommodations for students in Duanren Institute were courtyards. There were two rooms within each individual courtyard and two students shared a yard.

Huang Xiaolong's assigned yard number was in area ninety-eight, yard number one. However, when Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng entered yard number one in area ninety-eight, someone was seen standing in the middle of the place with his back facing Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng as they walked in.

Looking at this person's back, Huang Xiaolong was surprised: "Xie Puti!"

Xie Puti looked over his shoulder and smiled at Huang Xiaolong: "Huang Xiaolong!"

A thought flashed in Huang Xiaolong's mind and he blurted out, "Don't tell me that we're in the same yard?"

"That's right," Xie Puti laughed, "Why? Am I not welcome?"

Huang Xiaolong approached with a boisterous laugh, "Welcome?! Of course you're welcome!"

Both men clasped hands and laughter rang out in the yard.

Sharing the yard with Xie Puti was out of Huang Xiaolong's expectation, but it provided him with much delight. Both of them might not have spoken much, but after the Imperial City Battle each person mutually saw the other as a good friend.

"This is Chen Cheng, he is from the same Cosmic Star Academy as me in Luo Tong Kingdom." Releasing his grip, Huang Xiaolong pointed at Chen Cheng at the side.

Chen Cheng quickly greeted, "Hello, Young Noble Xie!"

Xie Puti waved his hand, "What Young Noble Xie? Just call me Puti, the same as Xiaolong would. Since you're Xiaolong's friend, you can also be considered my friend from now on."

Hearing Xie Puti's words, Chen Cheng was a little flattered. After all, Xie Puti was one of the Xie Family's core disciples, and according to the grapevine, he was highly valued and favored by Ancestor Xie Ke.

"I heard you told Yao Fei to kneel down and apologize to you earlier." Xie Puti then turned to Huang Xiaolong, his face revealed a wide smile as he gave Huang Xiaolong a big thumbs up, "Admirable! I think that within the entire Duanren Institute's student body, other than Duan Wuhen, you're the only one who dares say those words to Yao Fei!"

Chapter 192: Amusement District

Huang Xiaolong was amazed. Barely an hour had passed since the incident in front of Wind Facing Hall happened, yet the news had already reached Xie Puti? It seems the Xie Family's influence in Duanren Institute was deeper than it looked on the surface.

"Anyhow, be on your guard when dealing with Yao Fei." Xie Puti added some advice as an afterthought. Huang Xiaolong nodded, he thought the same thing.

"Xiaolong, let's go for a drink!" Xie Puti said in the next moment, changing the subject.

"Drink?" Huang Xiaolong repeated blankly.

"You probably still don't know right? Duanren Institute has its own amusement district. There's a place called Sapidity Wine House that serves a kind of wine called Sapidity Wine, even more memorable than the Beauty Allure Wine from Unforgettable Intoxication Restaurant!" Xie Puti laughed with anticipation.

"For real?" Huang Xiaolong grinned, "Then we really must go so I can experience it."

After coming to this world, Huang Xiaolong noticed he had a growing penchant for good wine. He didn't have many other interests, wine could be considered his biggest vocation.

And so, the group of three led by Xie Puti headed to Duanren Institute's amusement district. The so-called amusement district was not that far from Huang Xiaolong's new student courtyard dormitory. Thirty minutes later, they reached the destination.

Seeing the amusement district for himself, it was bigger and livelier than Huang Xiaolong had imagined. Pedestrians moved up and down the streets akin to the scene one would find in a prosperous small town.

Within the amusement district area, shops lined along wide streets that were more spacious than some of the infrastructures within royal cities. Students wearing Duanren Institute's gold-colored robes could be seen everywhere, and there were teachers too.

"Come, let's go in!" Xie Puti guided Huang Xiaolong and Chen Cheng through the amusement district streets.

As he walked, Huang Xiaolong observed the external design of the surrounding shops.

The style of buildings here was vastly different from the grand structures of Duanren Institute. For instance; Wind Facing Hall exuded a vicissitude of ancient time whereas the buildings here in the amusement district emanated vigor, vibrancy, and progress.

"The shop fronts in the amusement district are mostly opened by the Duanren Empire's big families. Whatever you can buy outside, you can get the same thing here, and what you cannot get outside, you can get them here." Xie Puti explained to Huang Xiaolong as they maneuvered through the crowd, "For example, a grade seven pellet that you can't get on the outside, you can get here!"

"Grade seven pellet!" Huang Xiaolong was a little dumbfounded.

Xie Puti nodded, "Yes, that's right. There's a place called Bright Radiance Exchange that is handled by the three biggest firms in the empire. If they were to hold an auction, they would likely be the group to offer a grade seven pellet, however it is not guaranteed. In general, a grade seven pellet only appears once every few years."

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

It was unexpected that the three biggest firms of the empire would cooperate and develop a trading market like Bright Radiance Exchange that was capable of auctioning a grade seven pellet.

Suddenly, Xie Puti who was leading in front stopped abruptly. One finger pointed at a certain tall building decorated in a variety of reds and pinks, he chuckled devilishly, "Next time I'll bring you there. There are many fun things inside."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes trailed in the direction Xie Puti was pointing at and saw that the entrance of the building was quite vibrant. There were streams of people coming and going from the premises. After observing for a while, Huang Xiaolong finally noticed what was wrongㅡall the customers were men.

A red house! The term flashed in Huang Xiaolong's mind; he never imagined Duanren Institute's amusement district would have this kind of 'facility!'

In other words, a red house was a brothel.

"Aren't you curious why such a place exists within the Institute grounds?" Xie Puti continued without waiting for a reply, "In fact, there's nothing strange. Of the tens of thousands of Duanren Institute's students and teachers, eighty percent of them are men. Men right, all of us has physiological needs, thus a red house existing here is actually quite normal. Furthermore, it was allowed by Duanren Emperor."

Duanren Emperor allowed for it!

Huang Xiaolong shook his head inwardly.

"There are many beauties in this red house, and each one is an expert in that aspect." At this point, Xie Puti suddenly suppressed his voice as he spoke to Huang Xiaolong, "That Zhao Wuji is the big boss behind this red house!"

Huang Xiaolong's eyes widened in surprise.

Zhao Wuji!

"You couldn't have guessed it, right?" Xie Puti quipped.

Indeed, this was also something Huang Xiaolong did not expect.

Zhao Wuji was actually the person who controlled the red house behind the scene.

"What's Zhao Wuji's relation with Yao Fei?" Huang Xiaolong suddenly asked.

Xie Puti blanked for a moment before answering in a solemn voice, "On the surface, there isn't any connection between them other than business related benefits. The force behind Zhao Wuji is not weak. That little tramp is a thorned rose, just like that Yao Fei, both are not good characters. If you come across them, be careful."

Business related benefits? Huang Xiaolong nodded at Xie Puti.

Chen Cheng followed quietly behind the two of them, not uttering a sound.

He had visited the amusement district area a couple of times in the past. The expenses here were high, not something a student like him could afford.

Take the Sapidity Wine from the Sapidity Wine House Xie Puti mentioned; the price of one jug was ten thousand gold coins!

And it was a very small jug, one could barely taste ten sips and all was gone.

Moments later, the three of them arrived at Sapidity Wine House. Although they had yet to enter, an aromatic wine fragrance wafted out, rousing their intrigue.

Walking into the restaurant, they found a table near the window on the ground floor and sat down.

There were three floors to the restaurant. The ground floor was for ordinary students below Xiantian Third Order, the first floor catered to elite students of Xiantian Third, Fourth to Sixth Order, whereas the second floor was reserved for the Xiantian Seventh Order and above, usually the inner division Institute students.

Sitting down, Xie Puti called out to the restaurant's waiter.

"How many jugs of Sapidity Wine left for today?" Xie Puti asked.

The waiter blanked for a while, and then answered, "There are one hundred twenty-three jugs remaining." The daily sales of Sapidity Wine were limited to one thousand.

"Bring everything here." Xie Puti ordered.

"Everything?!" The restaurant waiter was greatly shocked as he looked at Xie Puti suspiciously, wondering if he had heard wrongly. One jug of wine cost ten thousand gold coins, and one hundred twenty-three jugs meant one million two hundred and thirty thousand gold coins. Not even some of the big families' younger generation could afford to throw out so much at one time.

At this time, Xie Puti withdrew a purple-gold card and threw it towards the restaurant waiter, "Go, bring the remaining wine here."

The restaurant waiter was stunned as he looked at the purple-gold card. Moments later, he nodded quickly and said, "Please wait for a while Young Noble, I'll go prepare everything and send up the remaining Sapidity Wine." The restaurant waiter hurried off after he finished saying that.

But at this time, another two people walked in. Just as they sat down, one of them ordered crudely, "Lil' waiter, go and bring all the remaining Sapidity Wine here!"

The restaurant waiter went over, smiling apologetically he said, "Apologies to the two Young Nobles, all the remaining Sapidity Wine for today has been taken by the Young Noble over there just now!" His eyes indicated Huang Xiaolong's table.

Both of the young men turned their heads to look.

"Xie Puti!" Both of them exclaimed the name in unison.

Xie Puti nodded at them both, saying in a laid-back tone, "Pardon, I've bought all the remaining Sapidity Wine for today."

Evidently, Xie Puti knew them, but they were not close. However, for these two people to have the capability to reserve the remaining Sapidity Wine without so much as a blink, it showed their identities were not simple.

Chapter 193: Investigating the Absolute Soul Pearl's Whereabouts

Reserved all of it!

Both young men had an ugly expression on their face.

When one of them was about to speak, his companion held him back while shaking his head slightly. He then turned around with a faint smile towards Xie Puti, "Since Younger Brother Puti has reserved the remaining Sapidity Wine for today, then us brothers will visit another day!" He pulled his companion up and out from the restaurant in front of Huang Xiaolong, Xie Puti, and Chen Cheng after ending his sentence.

Watching the two silhouettes leaving, Xie Puti spoke, directing his words at Huang Xiaolong, "Those two have some relation to you."

"Related to me?" Huang Xiaolong was baffled.

Xie Puti nodded, "They are members of the Guo Family."

Guo Family!

Huang Xiaolong instantly understood that the Guo Family Xie Puti referred to was one and the same as Guo Tai's Guo Family. Guo Family's Million Treasure Firm was one of Duanren Empire's three biggest firms, thus it was no wonder the two people acted like some parvenus the moment they entered the restaurant, reserving all of the Sapidity Wine before they were formally seated.

"The portly one is called Guo Zhi, the other is Guo Fei. They are brothers and their father is Guo Shiwen, Guo Shiyuan eldest brother. He also happens to be the recognized next in line as the Guo Family's Patriarch." Xie Puti added.

Huang Xiaolong nodded, this meant Guo Zhi and Guo Fei were Guo Tai's elder cousin brothers. Later, when his younger sister married into the Guo Family, she would be referring to him as Eldest Uncle.

By this time, the restaurant waiter had already sent all the remaining over one hundred jugs of wine to their table.

Xie Puti laughed, "Come, have a taste of this Sapidity Wine. I can guarantee after today, you'll be wanting to come here every day!" Xie Puti opened a jug and passed it to Huang Xiaolong. Immediately, a scent of aromatic wine filled the air.

Huang Xiaolong took the jug, sniffed lightly and took a sip. A piquant flavor filled his mouth as the liquid slid down his throat, so extremely smooth that he was already savoring the taste before it disappeared. Just as Xie Puti claimed, this Sapidity Wine was way better than the Beauty Allure Wine.

Not too long after, the restaurant waiter returned with some delicious side dishes for Huang Xiaolong's table. In the Sapidity Wine House, guests that bought more than three jugs of wine were served a table of good dishes free of charge.

Thus, sounds of wine cups clinking sounded continuously from Huang Xiaolong's table. The three of them drank every last drop of the one hundred and twenty-three jugs of wine.

Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti did not think too much about it. Chen Cheng's heart, however, was bleeding at the damage.

One hundred twenty-three jugs of Sapidity Wine was equivalent to one million two hundred and thirty thousand gold coins ah!

Although Chen Cheng's family was considered a large force in the Luo Tong Kingdom, they would be incapable of gathering so many gold coins even if they had sold all the pots and pans in their mansion.

Not long after, the trio left the restaurant, returning to the dormitory yard.

Midway there, Chen Cheng separated from them.

Back in the first yard of area ninety-eight, Huang Xiaolong looked around his room carefully for the first time. The room was not big, roughly about twenty square feet. Decorating the room was a cold jade bed and some simple furniture, such as a dresser with a couple of drawers.

A cold jade bed... although cultivating on it could increase the speed of gathering spiritual energy, it no longer had the same effect for Huang Xiaolong. Not to mention the cold jade bed inside his Asura Ring was many times better than this one.

After a brief tour of his room, Huang Xiaolong separated from Xie Puti and took a look around Duanren Institute by himself.

Of course he would remember his most important aim when enrolling into Duanren Institute.

Number four on the Heavenly Treasure List, Absolute Soul Pearl!

For now he had the number nine, Linglong Treasure Pagoda, and the number six, God Binding Ring. If he could acquire and refine the Absolute Soul Pearl as well, his cultivation speed would increase again. He needed to speed up his cultivation to reach the Saint realm as soon as possible.

According to what Zhao Shu said, his Senior Brother Chen Tianqi probably had broken through to Saint realm Sixth Order. Even if he hadn't reached Saint realm Sixth Order, at the very least, he stood at peak late-Saint realm Fifth Order.

Huang Xiaolong 'strolled' about Duanren Institute for two hours, but the Linglong Treasure Pagoda and God Binding Ring inside his body had no reaction.

By this time, the sky outside had darkened.

Instead of going back to the dorm yard, Huang Xiaolong left Duanren Institute, heading towards Southern Hill Estate.

Walking to the great hall, Huang Xiaolong sent the slave servant to call Zhao Shu and Fei Hou over. When both arrived, Huang Xiaolong asked about the progress of Nine Tripod Commerce's relocation and the disciples' arrangement.

Fei Hou said he spotted a suitable courtyard, and it was not far from Southern Hill Estate. the Nine Tripod Commerce disciples that were relocated could be arranged there. But the matter was pending negotiations with the owner.

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

He told Fei Hou to continue watching Yao Fei's movements, recounting what happened at the Wind Facing Hall this morning to Fei Hou and Zhao Shu. He then reminded them to be vigilant about Yao Fei.

Hearing this, Zhao Shu snorted with disdain, "Just a skinny brat that is still wet behind the ears. Truly ridiculous! He dared to tell Sovereign to kneel before him and apologize? Not only that, but to surrender to him above all?!"

"Sovereign, should we teach that Yao Fei a memorable lesson?" Fei Hou asked.

A memorable lesson? Huang Xiaolong pondered,"Is Yao Fei still searching for that black-clad old man?"

"He is, Sovereign." Fei Hou confirmed.

"For anyone coming to investigate that person's whereabouts, capture and kill them on the spot!" Huang Xiaolong looked over at Zhao Shu as he was saying this. People that Yao Fei sent to investigate the old man's whereabouts were all high-level Xiantian realm experts.

Of course, Huang Xiaolong wouldn't mind having the materials to refine a few more grade seven pellets. He could give them to his parents, Huang Peng and Su Yan, if he didn't use them for himself.

Limited by their martial spirit grade, the possibility for them to successfully break into the Xiantian realm was almost nil, but swallowing some grade seven pellets would enhance their physical condition and increase their longevity.

"Yes, Sovereign!" Zhao Shu stood up and acknowledged Huang Xiaolong's order with respect.

A short while later, both withdrew from the great hall whereas Huang Xiaolong initiated the God Binding Ring and entered the ancient battlefield.

In the ancient battlefield, Huang Xiaolong continued attempting to cultivate Asura Tactics and Body Metamorphosis Scripture simultaneously, then moved on to training God Binding Palm.

God Binding Palm was the heritage battle skill from the God Binding Ring. It was extremely profound, linking elemental laws of time and space. Every time Huang Xiaolong trained, he gained enlightenment on a new level.

One night passed, and morning came.

Huang Xiaolong exited the ancient battlefield, leaving Southern Hill Estate for Duanren Institute. After arriving, Huang Xiaolong forwent classes in favor of roaming around Institute grounds.

The Duanren Institute's grounds were enormous, divided into an inner division and outer division. Exploring the outer division alone would take Huang Xiaolong eight to ten days.

Duanren Institute ran differently from Cosmic Star Academy. Here, there were neither compulsory classes nor differentiation by year.

Every day in the Boundless Hall, a teacher would be present to guide student's cultivation. The students were free to decide their attendance.

Ten days passed quickly.

Huang Xiaolong had covered every inch on the outer division yet the Linglong Treasure Pagoda and God Binding Ring inside his body stayed quiet. In other words, the Absolute Soul Pearl was not located anywhere within the outer division's grounds.

"If it isn't in the outer division, then it can only be in the inner division grounds?" Huang Xiaolong frowned as speculated.

Students were free to come and go around the outer division grounds but the inner division was different, only an inner division student was allowed to go in.

Chapter 194: Body Dividing Technique

"Looks like I need to use Duan Ren's connection to enter the inner division." Huang Xiaolong thought to himself.

Duanren Emperor was the founder of Duanren Institute. As Duanren Institute's backer, this extent of authority should not pose any problem.

"I wonder if that brat Xie Puti is in the dorm." Huang Xiaolong pondered as he passed by the new student's dormitory area. Thinking of this, he changed direction and headed to his own yard.

Entering the yard they shared, Xie Puti was nowhere to be found.

In the end, Huang Xiaolong could only leave.

However, not far from his yard, Huang Xiaolong ran into Cui Li as he was walking out. As things so happened, Cui Li was walking together with Zhao Wuji.

All three were surprised as they ran into each other.

Cui Li looked ill at ease while Zhao Wuji took the initiative to walk up to Huang Xiaolong with a charming smile, "I didn't expect Young Noble Huang to climb up a big tree that is the Xie Family. I heard Xie Puti invited you to drink Sapidity Wine, costing over a million gold!"

There was no reaction from Huang Xiaolong.

"But, Young Noble Huang's talent is indeed worthy enough for the Xie Family to spend that high a figure to pull you over." She broke out in a giggle as her words ended, using one slender hand to pretentiously cover half her mouth. Peals of laughter sounded as the front of her bosom tremored in surging waves.

Huang Xiaolong swept an indifferent glance at Zhao Wuji, "Is there something you wanted? If not, take those big breasts of yours and scram!"

Big breasts!

Scram!

Zhao Wuji's delicate laughter froze in the air. Her body stiffened and the charming smile on her face became warped and ugly. Huang Xiaolong's unexpected words also shocked Cui Li, turning to look at him agape. Never had she imagined such vulgarity to come from Huang Xiaolong's lips, someone that looked so elegant and refined!

Zhao Wuji's face flushed crimson as if she was slapped, and there was an unmistakable sharp glint in her eyes. Her chest heaved up and down, she was obviously very angry.

For as long as she lived, this was the first time someone dared to speak to her in that manner to her face... to take her big breasts and scram!

"Huang Xiaolong, you... !" Zhao Wuji's eyes were spitting fire. A pressuring momentum rose, soaring skyward.

Moments before Zhao Wuji was about to lash out, a voice rang out, "Zhao Wuji, you dare to ignore Institute rules, fighting on its grounds?"

The three of them looked over and saw Xie Puti walking in their direction in slow, unhurried strides.

Slight hesitation flitted across Zhao Wuji's face, then she turned around and glared at Huang Xiaolong, "Let's see if you're still alive to repeat those words again to me the next time we meet!" Leaving this sentence, Zhao Wuji turned and left.

Cui Li struggled for a moment before she turned around and followed Zhao Wuji, leaving that spot. There were worried and complicated emotions on Cui Li's face as she glanced at Huang Xiaolong before disappearing from view.

Xie Puti reached Huang Xiaolong's side, laughing as he watched Zhao Wuji and Cui Li's leaving figures. Showing Huang Xiaolong a thumbs-up, he said, "You're indeed my good brother一take your big breasts and scram! Classic, too classic!"

"Let's go, us brothers are going for a few drinks at the Sapidity Wine House!"

Without waiting for a reply from Huang Xiaolong to his invitation, he pulled Huang Xiaolong towards said location.

Arriving at the Sapidity Wine House, Xie Puti ordered the servant to send all the remaining jugs of wine to them just as the last time they were there.

Because he recognized Xie Puti, the restaurant waiter did not hesitate this time around. He immediately went to take care of Xie Puti's order, sending the remaining two hundred jugs or so of Sapidity Wine that were left for the day.

Not too long after Xie Puti and Huang Xiaolong started enjoying their wine, Guo Zhi and Guo Fei once again walked into the restaurant.

The Guo Brothers walked into the establishment and the first thing they saw was Xie Puti and Huang Xiaolong. The brothers were chagrined. After the last encounter, they did not expect bad luck would have them bump into Xie Puti... so soon.

Xie Puti saw the brothers walking in, he laughed in a very good mood, "Pardon me you two, I have bought the remaining Sapidity Wine for today."

This callous remark made the Guo Brothers' expressions turn gloomier.

"Since Brother Xie has reserved all of them, then us brothers shall come again another day." Guo Zhi squeezed out a forceful smile and replied, then both of them turned to leave without further words.

Outside of the building, Guo Zhi's solemn voice sounded, "Go back and send someone to investigate who that little punk together with Xie Puti is."

"I understand, Big brother."

A few hours later, Huang Xiaolong and Xie Puti left the Sapidity Wine House in separate directions. Huang Xiaolong made his way back to Southern Hill Estate.

Darkness gradually shaded the dusky amber sky.

As he ambled along a deserted street, an abrupt killing intent burst out and disappeared just as quickly. Huang Xiaolong's footsteps halted. At the same instant, he used the Phantom Shadow ability and his silhouette vanished in a flashed, avoiding the attack within a minuscule gap. A sharp cold light was seen slashing across the spot where he previously stood.

A man clad in black from head to toe showed himself.

Huang Xiaolong stared at the person coldly, "Yao Fei sent you?"

The other person chose silence as his response. The man's figure flickered as his palm once again aimed at Huang Xiaolong. Sword spark's bloomed in the night, creating a round emblem in the darkness above.

Huang Xiaolong decisively transformed into his Asura Physique. Killing intent spiraled out like a hurricane as he flapped the ebony Wings of Demon, once again avoiding the other side's attack. The Blades of Asura emerged, gripped firmly in Huang Xiaolong's palms as he slashed out.

"Tempest of Hell!"

The roar of hell reverberated throughout the darkness of night.

Two hellwind vortexes appeared out of thin air, instantaneously overwhelming the black-clad man. Startled, the man jumped back as fast as he could, his body was shrouded in a swirling black mist as a black bat emerged behind him.

A black bat with six wings and violet eyes.

Huang Xiaolong recognized this martial spirit at first glance, a Violet-pupils Bat.

This was an extremely rare martial spirit with a reputation that rivaled superb talent martial spirits. According to rumors, in the blanket of the night's darkness, this kind of Violet-pupils Bat could absorb the moon's essence without any limitation, temporarily enhancing its battle strength which was comparable to an ordinary superb talent martial spirits' level.

Not only that, utilizing the cover of night, its owner's strength increased by a third!

The other side soul transformed the moment he summoned his martial spirit. After soul transforming, six stout wings sprouted from his back and his aura's momentum rose at an astonishing rate, stopping at late-Xiantian Second Order.

"Body Dividing Technique!"

Right in front of Huang Xiaolong's eyes, the man leaped into the air and exploded into six doppelgangers who looked exactly the same as the original.

All six attacked Huang Xiaolong at once, cold metal gleamed and images blurred.

Watching this scene take place, Huang Xiaolong dared not underestimate the enemy.

He summoned his twin martial spirits, the Black and Blue Dragon, and soul transformed. Jumping up into the air, Huang Xiaolong swung his blades, sending streaks of angry lightning. The attack, State of Abundant Lightning, spread out and covered the area. One by one, these doppelgangers exploded and vanished under the lightning attack, leaving only the original body.

But at that moment, the enemy once again displayed his Body Dividing Technique, this time splitting into twelve doppelgangers instead of six!

Twelve people combined into a sword array to attack Huang Xiaolong.

Huang Xiaolong watched icily as twelve people attacked him with an array. His right hand moved and struck a palm out.

"God Binding Palm!"

A myriad of golden palms flew out, piercing through the void.

The enemy's eyes widened in sudden trepidation as the space, airflow and everything else had stopped moving wherever those golden palms passed. Following that, his twelve avatars were temporarily suspended in midair before quickly vanishing and leaving the original body out in the open.

The God Binding Palm landed on the black-clad man's chest, inverting his body and flinging it back due to the impact.

Huang Xiaolong landed gently on the street. He took slow steps as he walked up to the side of the attacker.

Chapter 195: News of Deities Templar

"You!" Fear was evident on that man's face as he stared at Huang Xiaolong. He struggled to get up from the ground as fast as he could.

Before he made his move, he had investigated carefully and knew Huang Xiaolong had broken into the Xiantian realm, and not too long ago at that. Though he defeated Xie Puti, no one really truly minded that point. Yet he who had the Violet-pupils Bat, battling during the advantageous nighttime still lost!

"Why don't you just admit it, Yao Fei sent you?" Huang Xiaolong's cold gaze pierced through him.

In a sudden move, the black-clad man blurred away, new doppelgangers burst out from his body as he moved, creating twenty-four identical decoys. The Violet-pupils Bat spread its wings to escape.

Multiplying into twenty-four doppelgangers was his limit.

"Trying to escape?" Huang Xiaolong's expression sank. Both hands shaped into claws and tore through the void at the man.

A black mist entity swirled out from Huang Xiaolong's hands, gathering up in midair and transforming into wraith headsㅡa total of exactly twenty-four appeared. Howling wraith heads flew out, each pouncing onto the backs of the enemy's doppelgangers.

Twenty-three out of twenty-four dissipated into wisps of smoke whereas the remaining original body plummeted from midair, issuing a hair-raising scream.

Falling to the ground, the man convulsed in pain, rolling and twisting on the ground due to the excruciating pain. The flesh of his back where the attack landed was an indistinguishable mess, a dark energy rippled beneath the open wound which formed the imprint of a wraith head. The shrieking howl of wraiths echoed endlessly in the dark street.

This was the first move of Asura Demon Claw, Laments of Thousands of Demons. Huang Xiaolong might not practice it diligently, but as years went by and with his increase in strength, its attack power had increased significantly.

At present day, under Huang Xiaolong's control, the Asura Demon Claw's first move, Laments of Thousands of Demons, could form more than thirty wraiths with one attack.

Struck by Asura Demon Claw, the opponent's body will be invaded by thousands of demons negative qi, which was undoubtedly a thousand times worse than Asura Sword Skill's frigid qi.

"I beg you, kill me, just kill me!" Seconds later, tragic screams begging for mercy filled the deserted street. The black-clad man was unable to tolerate the extent of torture and pleaded for mercy from Huang Xiaolong.

"Speak, who sent you?" Huang Xiaolong moved closer to the man, his voice dangerous and low.

"It, it was Guo Zhi!" The man shouted in short gasps.

Guo Zhi!

Huang Xiaolong was stupefied.

"Guo Family's Guo Zhi, the two Guo Brothers, Guo Zhi and Guo Fei?"

"Yes, it's them!" The black-clad man admitted, "I beg you, just kill me, let me die painlessly."

Huang Xiaolong's eyes grew icy upon hearing the man's confession, he did not expect the individual(s) behind this to actually be the two Guo Brothers. The two possible suspects who crossed his mind to have sent this person was either Yao Fei or Zhao Wuji.

Yet, he was thrown a curveball by the Guo Brothers.

Just because he and Xie Puti hindered them twice with the Sapidity Wine incidents, and they dare not lay their hands on Xie Puti, all of their anger was vented at him?

It seems he underestimated the narrow-mindedness of this pair of brothers!

Observing the man flapping like a fish out of water, an idea struck Huang Xiaolong like a bolt of lightning. With a thought, he called out the Linglong Treasure Pagoda and started the Thousand Demons Engulfing Destruction Array inside the Thousand Beast Cauldron. A powerful suction force instantly wrapped around the man and pulled him into the Thousand Beast Cauldron. However, Huang Xiaolong did not start refining the man on the spot. Instead, his body flickered away, leaving the area and returning to Southern Hill Estate.

Once back in Southern Hill Estate, Huang Xiaolong called for Fei Hou.

To refine a mere early stage Xiantian expert was much easier, using Fei Hou's and his battle qi was sufficient enough for the task.

It only took a single day's time before that black-clad man had been completely refined. However, with his Xiantian Second Order strength, the result was only a mid grade five pellet.

For the current Huang Xiaolong, a mid-grade five pellet had already lost its efficacy. When the refinement was done, Huang Xiaolong and Fei Hou left the room.

Moving into the great hall, both of them sat down and Fei Hou took the initiative to speak first, "Sovereign, this black-clad man was sent by Yao Fei?"

Huang Xiaolong shook his head, "It was Guo Zhi and Guo Fei, the two brothers."

"Guo Zhi and Guo Fei brothers?" A trace of confusion was apparent in Fei Hou's eyes.

Hence Huang Xiaolong briefly described Guo Zhi and Guo Fei's identity and mentioned the matter regarding Sapidity Wine.

"Sovereign, do you want us to... ?" Fei Hou suggested in an inquiring manner.

Huang Xiaolong shook his head and waved his hand, saying "Did Yao Fei send anyone to investigate that black-clad old man's clues?"

Fei Hou smiled respectfully as he reported to Huang Xiaolong, "I was about to report to Sovereign that Left Custodian Zhao Shu captured one the day before yesterday!"

"Oh!" Huang Xiaolong also laughed, "Where's the person?"

"He's being held in the Eastside Courtyard's chamber." Fei Hou then added, "I will go bring him over now."

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Before long, Fei Hou was seen dragging a thin-faced old man with silver hair into the great hall.

The instant the silver-haired old man saw Huang Xiaolong he clamored, "Huang Xiaolong, it's best if you let me go this instant. If not, the Yao Family will ensure you die without a body to be buried with!"

Huang Xiaolong remained indifferent, "Oh really?" Without caring to reply, Huang Xiaolong's fingers shaped into claws. Asura Demon Claw's first move struck the silver-haired old man's torso. The impact threw him out of the great hall, his body crashing onto the ground, tumbling until he reached the great hall door.

This silver-haired old man's actual strength was at Xiantian Ninth Order, but unfortunate for him, his Qi Sea and meridians were sealed by Zhao Shu. In front of Huang Xiaolong, he was no different than a mere mortal who couldn't put up any resistance.

Before one could bat an eye, the thousand wraiths energy invaded the silver-haired old man's body. Raw, agonizing screams resounded from the old man. It did not take long for him to start begging Huang Xiaolong for mercy.

"Spare you? Huang Xiaolong approached the silver-haired old man, and reassured in a frigid voice, "Don't worry, the Yao Family you spoke of will be erased from Duanren Empire soon!" Once he finished saying that, Huang Xiaolong called out the Linglong Treasure Pagoda and had it suck the silver-haired old man inside.

Zhao Shu was not in the Southern Hill Estate at the moment. He took a trip to Duanren Imperial Palace in the morning, so Huang Xiaolong had to wait for Zhao Shu to come back before he could refine the new 'material.'

Around midnight, Zhao Shu returned from the imperial palace and proceeded to refine the silver-haired old man with Huang Xiaolong.

However, Huang Xiaolong didn't take the grade seven pellet for himself this time and placed it into the Asura Ring for safekeeping.

After dealing with the silver-haired man, Huang Xiaolong spoke with Zhao Shu about entering the inner division of Duanren Institute, directing Zhao Shu to speak with Duan Ren about making the necessary arrangements.

"Please be assured Sovereign, this Subordinate will go and tell the Lil' Monkey about it now." Listening to Huang Xiaolong's words, Zhao Shu immediately replied.

Huang Xiaolong quickly waved him down, saying "No need to do it now. You can speak to Duan Ren tomorrow or the next time you see him." To look for the Absolute Soul Pearl, a day or two later made no difference.

"Yes, Sovereign." Zhao Shu obeyed.

"Zhao Shu, do you know a force that refers to themselves as Deities Templar?" Huang Xiaolong suddenly posed the question to Zhao Shu.

In fact, Huang Xiaolong had wanted to inquire about this mysterious Deities Templar from Zhao Shu much earlier.

Haotian and Fei Hou weren't aware of their existence but perhaps Zhao Shu does.

"Deities Templar?" Zhao Shu shook his head, "Never heard of it."

Even Zhao Shu didn't know about it? Huang Xiaolong frowned. Again, the mysteriousness of this Deities Templar had far exceeded Huang Xiaolong's predictions, so much so that even Zhao Shu didn't know anything about it.

"Since Sovereign wants information about Deities Templar, I will also ask Lil' Monkey about it." Zhao Shu added.

Huang Xiaolong nodded in agreement, this was the path to take when there was no other way. It was just that, every time Zhao Shu called Duanren Emperor 'Lil' Monkey', Huang Xiaolong felt awkward.

For the next two days after that, Huang Xiaolong did not leave Southern Hill Estate and instead cultivated there on his own.

In the early morning two days later, Zhao Shu came to report to Huang Xiaolong, "Sovereign, I have news about Deities Templar."

Chapter 196: Divine World

"There's news about Deities Templar?" Huang Xiaolong's surprise was instantly overridden by joy.

Zhao Shu nodded his head while saying, "According to what Duan Ren said, this Deities Templar only emerged in the last one hundred years or so. But they behave mysteriously, not even Duan Ren knows where their headquarters is. All he knows is that the Deities Templar master is a woman with unfathomable strength. Every ten years, Deities Templar selects ten disciples on Snow Wind Continent. What they claim is, those that are selected to be disciples of Deities Templar have the opportunity to cultivate in the Divine World!"

Because Huang Xiaolong could not stand hearing the pet name 'Lil Monkey, he made Zhao Shu change the way he referred to Duanren Emperor.

"What?! Divine World?!" Huang Xiaolong was so astonished that his eyes widened into two round moons.

Does this world have a different dimension called Divine World?

In his previous life on Earth, there were different types of world's written in fantasy novels, such as Immortal Realm and Divine Realm. But that was all fairy tales.

Zhao Shu nodded affirmatively, adding: "In fact, this Martial Spirit World that we live in is merely a low-grade dimension. There exists many living dimensions of higher grade than Martial Spirit World, and the Divine World is one of many. But, to travel to Divine World, one must open a space tunnel that connects to the Divine World. I did not expect that this Deities Templar could actually open such a space tunnel!"

Zhao Shu's expression grew solemn as he continued, "However, to open up a space tunnel to the Divine World is not something within the average Saint realm experts' capability. Even for a peak late-Saint realm Tenth Order expert, it is still a herculean effort. Unless several peak late-Saint realm Tenth Order experts worked together, and with the help of an ancient sacred array, only then would there be a possibility of opening a space tunnel to the Divine World! Other than that, only a God Realm master could accomplish this!"

Huang Xiaolong was greatly taken aback after Zhao Shu's explanation. From this, Deities Templar's strength was overwhelmingly evident.

"When is Deities Templar expected to hold the next disciple selection?" On the spur of the moment, Huang Xiaolong asked.

Zhao Shu was surprised but then reacted swiftly, "Six years later, not more than seven. From what Duan Ren said, one of their conditions for disciple selection is that one must possess a superb talent martial spirit, and the other condition is that the candidate's strength must reach Xiantian Tenth Order and above.

Xiantian Tenth Order and above!

Huang Xiaolong's brows deeply furrowed.

Nonetheless, it was impossible for him to break through to Xiantian Tenth Order in the span of six years' time. Not disregarding the possibility of him obtaining the Absolute Soul Pearl, as fast as his cultivation speed may increase to, it would still be far from achieving that condition!

Wanting to enter Deities Templar was of course not for pursuing cultivation, but for Li Lu!

Putting aside his emotions, Huang Xiaolong continued to ask information about Deities Templar from Zhao Shu.

Zhao Shu answered one by one, however, the information he got from Duan Ren wasn't much to begin with. Therefore, what Zhao Shu could answer for Huang Xiaolong was limited as well.

A short while later, Zhao Shu withdrew.

Darkness slowly blanketed the sky in an ink black cover.

Tonight was a moonless night, the heavens above looked like nothing more than an ocean of unfathomable darkness.

Huang Xiaolong stood outside his yard, staring into this dark void.

Images of Li Lu flashed one after another in his mind; the lovely dimples on her cheeks when she laughed, sweet and beautiful. Those large eyes held an alluring charm that rendered one incapable of looking away.

Three years had passed since Huang Min's explanation regarding Li Lu being whisked away by that beautiful woman. In these three years, whenever he took a break from cultivation during the deepest hours of the night, he would think of Li Lu.

Three years, yet Li Lu's face did not fade into the abyss of time. Instead, her appearance became clearer in his mind. It was only now that he finally realized Li Lu was deeply ingrained in his heart.

"Li Lu." Huang Xiaolong said her name softly.

A sudden pain tugged at his heartstrings. He shouldn't have allowed that Deities Templar woman to bring Li Lu away that year. Despite so, he couldn't have stopped it no matter how much he wished to. Not to mention that time, he was still powerless even now. That beautiful woman was at least a Saint realm expert. With the Deities Templar at her back, if she wanted to take away one person, the entire Snow Wind Continent's empires were probably powerless to stop her, what more someone like Huang Xiaolong?

Power!

Strength!

In the end, power and strength determine everything!

The mounting pressure of Asura burst forth from Huang Xiaolong's body, an aura of slaughter filled the yard in the moonless night.

In the next moment, a bright light flickered and a golden token appeared on his palm.

This golden token was given to Zhao Shu by Duan Ren. With this, Huang Xiaolong was free to enter and leave Duanren Institute's inner division compound.

Absolute Soul Pearl!

Regardless what hurdles blocked his way, he must find the Absolute Soul Pearl, borrowing the power from these three Heavenly Treasures to speed up his cultivation speed and strength.

Morning arrived with the resplendent sunlight shining, caressing one's skin and providing warmth.

Huang Xiaolong stepped out from the Southern Hill Estate and headed in Duanren Institute's direction.

Arriving in Duanren Institute, Huang Xiaolong walked straight towards the inner division area. The inner division grounds were different when compared to the outer division in that there were guards at the entrance.

When Huang Xiaolong wanted to enter, a guard squad quickly blocked his path.

The guard squad consisted of eleven guards and was led at the front by an expert who looked like a forty-something middle-aged man with a goatee.

The goatee middle-aged man scrutinized Huang Xiaolong with cold eyes, "Little punk, as the Institute's outer division student, are you not aware that outer division students are not allowed to enter the inner division area? Trespassers are punished with ten slashes by the knife!"

Ten slashes by the knife!

Meaning the trespassing person who stepped into the inner division area would be punished with ten cuts from a knife. And it was a prerequisite that the tip of the knife should be pierced through the body each time to be considered as complete.

"Go, strip this kid's clothes off and let him have a taste of the ten knives punishment!" The goatee middle-aged man looked over his shoulder to the back of him, ordering one of the guards.

"Yes, Captain Yang!"

When that guard was about to step out, Huang Xiaolong raised one of his arms up, revealing a shiny golden token. Huang Xiaolong's action obstructed that guards' vision entirely, causing him to stagger backward.

The rest of the guards were astounded as they stared at the golden token in Huang Xiaolong's hand.

"The Great Emperor's Golden Token!"

"This is the Great Emperor's Golden Token, no mistake!"

The goatee middle-aged man was also stupefied as he looked dazedly at the shiny golden token.

"Greeting Lord Bearer of the Golden Token!"

Before he could recover his senses, the rest of the guards had knelt down in respectful salute.

Regardless of who it was, seeing the person holding the Golden Token, everyone must kneel in salute and be referred to as Lord Bearer of the Golden Token. This rule was set down by Duan Ren himself.

Awakened from his daze, the goatee middle-aged man quickly knelt down: "Greeting Lord Bearer of the Golden Token!"

Huang Xiaolong nodded and slowly strode into the inner division. However, when he passed next to the goatee middle-aged man, he said, "Your goatee grew nicely, Captain Yang [1]? It goes well with your name!"

The goatee middle-aged man was stunned for a moment before the expression on his face turned ugly and awkward, not daring to refute Huang Xiaolong while his subordinates laughed secretly behind him.

Not until Huang Xiaolong's figure disappeared from sight did the guards get up. The goatee middle-aged man's eyes glinted with an icy sharpness as he stared the young man's backㅡHuang Xiaolong!

He was at Duanren Square, watching the Imperial City Battle, thus it wasn't strange he could recognize Huang Xiaolong.

Half an hour later, the goatee middle-aged man appeared inside a solitary secluded courtyard.

"You're sure it was Huang Xiaolong?" Standing with his back towards the goatee middle-aged man, Yao Fei questioned.

"Yes, Heartless Young Noble. I can guarantee it was Huang Xiaolong!" The goatee middle-aged man answered respectfully.

Yao Fei's eyes emanated piercing coldness, "Golden Token in his hands? How did he come into possession of Duan Ren's Golden Token? Perhaps it was Duan Wuhen using it to attract this little punk, thus giving his own Golden Token to him?"

There were only two Golden Token's in the entire Duanren Empire. One was in Duan Ren's hands, while the other was held by Duan Wuhen.

"You did well, go and get two Soul Strengthening Dan from Heartless Hall." Yao Fei said and waved him away.

Soul Strengthening Dan, mid-Grade Five Spirit Dan.

"This one thanks Heartless Young Noble!" The goatee middle-aged man was overjoyed. Expressing his thanks, he turned and left.

Chapter 197: Li Lu Appears!

After the goatee middle-aged man withdrew, Yao Fei mumbled to himself, "What does that punk hope to achieve from entering the inner division grounds? Still, in order to attract this little punk, Wuhen was actually willing to use his Golden Token... He really places a high importance on him! I also heard this kid has been getting along well with Xie Puti."

"But Huang Xiaolong, do you think that by being tied together with Duan Wuhen and the Xie Family, I wouldn't dare to kill you?"

"I'll make sure you understand the terrifying consequences of offending me, Yao Fei!"

Yao Fei voiced icily, words reverberating above the yard.

Every time he recalled the scene in front of Wind Facing Hall where Huang Xiaolong told him to kneel down and admit wrong in public, Yao Fei could hardly control his soaring murderous intent.

Huang Xiaolong!!

The gleam in Yao Fei's eyes was like sharp blades.

At this time Huang Xiaolong, who was roaming around in the inner division area, walked in front of a pagoda.

The pagoda reached a hundred zhang in height and was divided into several different levels, spiraling up from the bottom in a spherical shape. Peculiar drawings were painted on the surface of each wall on every level.

There were humans, beasts, mountains, seas, and some strange looking plants.

Looking at this pagoda, a light of familiarity shone in Huang Xiaolong's eyes. Judging from the shape, the pagoda in front of him had an uncanny resemblance to the Linglong Treasure Pagoda.

A voice suddenly sounded behind him, "This is the Battle Skill Pagoda. Duanren Emperor had it made in order to imitate the Linglong Treasure Pagoda. Inside is laid with a Spirit Gathering Array. Cultivating battle qi inside is highly beneficial."

Huang Xiaolong turned around to see who was behind him. The person that spoke was a young man wearing azure clothes. He wore the same azure color from head to toe and had a golden badge that represented being an inner division disciple of Duanren Institute. He seemed to be about twenty-seven to twenty-eight years of age.

Made to imitate the Linglong Treasure Pagoda? No wonder its appearance was so similar to the Linglong Treasure Pagoda.

"I'm called Liu Jianyu." The azure-robed young man smiled and introduced himself.

"Huang Xiaolong." Huang Xiaolong reciprocated.

"You're THAT Huang Xiaolong?! The one with superb twin dragon martial spirits, Huang Xiaolong?" Liu Jianyu couldn't hide his shock hearing Huang Xiaolong's name.

"So, you're Huang Xiaolong." Liu Jianyu chuckled, appearing really happy as his hand reached out to Huang Xiaolong while he approached closer, "I've wanted to get to know this year's Imperial City Battle champion, being hailed as Duanren Empire's most talented monstrous genius since its establishment, the Divine Dragon Young Noble."

"Divine Dragon Young Noble?" Huang Xiaolong was confused. He too reached out his hand to clasp the other's hand.

With a shake, both release their hands.

Liu Jianyu explained, "I don't think you know. Now, people already likened you to Wuhen, Heartless, and the rest of the five Young Nobles rank, calling you Divine Dragon Young Noble. Now, Duanren Empire no longer has five Young Nobles, but rather six."

"Six Young Nobles!" Huang Xiaolong shook his head wryly.

He didn't expect he would be coined with a nickname such as Divine Dragon Young Noble and become a part of this so-called six Young Nobles of Duanren Empire.

"But... you're not an inner division student, yet still managed to enter?" Liu Jianyu asked.

"I have the Golden Token." Huang Xiaolong replied, precise and short.

Since the matters about the Golden Token would definitely be conveyed from the mouths of those guards, there was nothing to conceal.

Liu Jianyu was genuinely shocked at this piece of information. He stared at Huang Xiaolong with obvious disbelief on his face for a good while before laughing it off, "This Golden Token must've been given to you by Young Noble Wuhen? I didn't expect Young Noble Wuhen to willingly to let you use the Golden Token."

Hearing what the other party said, Huang Xiaolong neither confirmed nor refuted. He just smiled in silence instead.

If he said the Golden Token had come from Duan Ren, and that he had unlimited usage of it, not only would Liu Jianyu likely find it hard to believe, but the entire Duanren Empire would have the same reaction.

Of course, two people were excluded from thisㅡDuan Wuhen and Cheng Jian.

Liu Jianyu chatted with Huang Xiaolong for a while before separating.

Although Liu Jianyu did not mention it, Huang Xiaolong guessed he was a member of Duanren Empire's Liu Family.

The Liu Family might not compare to Xie Puti's Xie Family, but it was still a big family in Duanren Empire after all, just marginally lower in status when compared to Guo Tai's Guo Family.

Huang Xiaolong had a favorable opinion towards Liu Jianyu, just as he did with Guo Tai. Both of them didn't have that reckless arrogance belonging to younger generation nobles from big families.

After separating with Liu Jianyu, Huang Xiaolong continued to 'roam' around the inner division.

Another day passed without any reaction from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda and God Binding Ring inside Huang Xiaolong's body.

Huang Xiaolong left the inner division grounds when night descended, returning back to Southern Hill Estate.

As for the person sent to keep an eye on Huang Xiaolong, he reported to Yao Fei and said that Huang Xiaolong only wandered around mindlessly. Yao Fei frowned.

"Wandered aimlessly around the perimeter?" Yao Fei tried to think of Huang Xiaolong's possible aim.

"Young Noble, is it possible the brat was just curious about the inner division and wanted to enter to take a look around?" At this time, a guard took a step forward and suggested.

But before he could finish, Yao Fei's palm struck him, sending that guard flying to a corner of the room.

"What do you think?" Yao Fei mocked, his icy voice sounding impatient.

This caused the guard to hit his own mouth repeatedly as repentance.

"Contact Jin Mu, have him come back." Yao Fei turned around and instructed a different guard beside him.

That guard hesitated briefly before saying, "Young Noble, we lost contact with Senior Jin Mu two days ago. It seems Senior Jin Mu has... gone missing!"

"What? Missing?!" Yao Fei's eyes glowered.

"Yes. Senior Jin Mu went missing just like Senior Zhang, the last thing we know is that the both of them were in Southern Hill Estate." That guard confirmed.

The Senior Jin Mu mentioned by Yao Fei was the silver-haired old man refined by Huang Xiaolong using the Linglong Treasure Pagoda two days ago.

"Already missing for two days, why did you only inform me about this right now?" Yao Fei became enraged and struck that guard, sending him flying.

The rest of the guards were trembling in fear.

"Scram, go investigate what happened!" Yao Fei roared.

"Yes, Young Noble!"

The group of guards fled in panic.

The glint in Yao Fei's eyes sharpened: "Huang Xiaolong!"

At this time in Southern Hill Estate, Huang Xiaolong stood in the middle of his yard. The internal force in his body flowed, slowly shrinking his bones, he had seemingly grown shorter by half a head. Judging from physical appearance, Huang Xiaolong appeared to be only one meter tall at most, not much different compared to a seven to eight-year-old child.

When he successfully shrunk his bones to one meter in height, the bones in his body started to issue cracking sounds as he grew back to his original height of about six feet.

This was: Bone Shrinking Art.

Before this, his internal force had yet to break into the Xiantian realm, thus this Bone Shrinking Art wasn't that useful. But he had been practicing this ever since his internal force broke into the Xiantian realm, allowing the bones in his body to shrink and enlarge naturally. In the future, Huang Xiaolong could change his physical appearance and facial features. This would prove to be greatly convenient and useful in the future.

This was something that battle qi cultivation could not provide. Not even a Saint or God Realm expert could do what he did.

The night passed quietly.

When dawn approached, Huang Xiaolong stopped his practice for the night. Leaving Southern Hill Estate through the front entrance, Huang Xiaolong suddenly stiffened. He stopped and stared dazedly at the person in front of him.

There stood a familiar figure!

Li Lu!

It was actually the Li Lu who was taken away by that beautiful woman from Deities Templar.

Li Lu wore a white dress, her slightly red-rimmed eyes stared at Huang Xiaolong. Compared to three years ago, her small face lost the naivety and naughtiness that used to be there, replaced with a magnificent charm and stunning beauty. Every movement and smile could shake a person to their core. She was much taller than three years ago, and much more developed as well.

Huang Xiaolong rubbed his eyes, afraid it was just his hallucination.

Chapter 198: Ao Baixue

[/expand]

Huang Xiaolong rubbed his eyes and looked again to the other side of the street. The white-dressed figure was still thereㅡLi Lu was still standing there!

A wave of ecstasy overcame his heart and Huang Xiaolong practically flew out from the Southern Hill Estate main entrance, skidding off the street to stand before Li Lu, staring at her fixedly.

Li Lu was looking at Huang Xiaolong too. Her eyes became redder.

Without warning, Huang Xiaolong opened his arms and wrapped Li Lu into his embrace tightly as if she would vanish in the next instant if he did not hold tight enough. He wanted to melt Li Lu into his soul, into his flesh, blood, and bones, not wanting her to leave.

"Li Lu, is it really you?" Huang Xiaolong's voice was shaky as he asked.

"It's me." In Huang Xiaolong's embrace, Li Lu's body trembled. Her voice sounded choked with emotions as she affirmed.

It had been three years.

They were finally reunited!

In these three years, almost every day and night was filled with her thoughts of Huang Xiaolong's silhouette in her mind. Today, she got her wish to see him again. Being hugged by Huang Xiaolong, feeling his wide muscular chest and the heat from his body, Li Lu never felt so safe and warm.

Three years, Huang Xiaolong had grown much taller too. Even his facial features changed a lot, more gallant. Especially his abyssal eyes, they appeared even more unfathomable and enchanting.

In Huang Xiaolong's embrace, she could feel his powerful arms.

Huang Xiaolong took a deep breath and smelled the scent of the person in his arms, a pure untainted fragrance entered his nose. Due to his excitement earlier, he ignored an important factㅡLi Lu had grown up. The girl between his arms was so soft and supple, akin to flowing water. It was as if there were no bones in her body, and her skin was very smooth... If he gripped her tiny waist a little tighter, perhaps water would burst out everywhere. Especially so if you included her generous bosom which was pressing against Huang Xiaolong's chest. Three years and this was one of the most obvious developments on Li Lu's body.

Huang Xiaolong's lower body part gradually reacted.

Sensing Huang Xiaolong's reaction below, Li Lu buried her head further into Huang Xiaolong's chest not daring to look up at his face, a deep crimson colored her face all the way to her ears.

Feeling embarrassed, Huang Xiaolong released Li Lu and their bodies separated.

"You knew I was here in Duanren Imperial City?"Huang Xiaolong asked in a gentle voice while looking at Li Lu's face.

Perhaps affected by Huang Xiaolong's physical reaction, the redness on Li Lu's face had yet to recede. Therefore, she only nodded shyly in reply.

"Then, this time you're... ?" Huang Xiaolong's voice trailed off here.

Li Lu raised her head, looking back at Huang Xiaolong, "I broke through to Xiantian, so Master allowed me to leave and exact my revenge." However, there was a latter part she did not mention; after taking her revenge, she needed to return to Deities Templar.

Huang Xiaolong nodded.

Breaking through Xiantian... With Li Lu's twin swords martial spirits, she was definitely capable of avenging her family's blood grudge.

"After that, you'll return to Deities Templar?" Huang Xiaolong continued, his voice changed and sounded glum. Although Li Lu didn't say it out loud, how could he be ignorant about it?

Li Lu quivered at his words. Looking at Huang Xiaolong, her eyes once again became red-rimmed, lightly nodding her answer.

She managed to find the culprit of the Li Family's annihilation that year. After resolving that matter, she made time to see Huang Xiaolong. Just to catch one glimpse of him.

"Can you leave tomorrow?" Huang Xiaolong tried. A sudden pain snaked across his heart.

At his pleading voice, tears pooled in Li Lu's eyes. But at this time, a cold harrumph came from the void above. It sounded just like a harrumph but Huang Xiaolong felt as if he received a powerful blow. His body shook, feeling the weight of a mountain clobbering him. Huang Xiaolong's body bent in an inverted fashion as he flew back, spurting a mouthful of blood as he landed.

"Xiaolong!" Li Lu's face instantly turned deathly pale as she cried out. When she wanted to hurry to Huang Xiaolong's side, a gentle and graceful looking young man dressed wholly in white emerged from the void. A slight stretch of his arm, he had blocked Li Lu's path.

The young man dressed in white had a golden mark in the center of his brows, his pupils were a striking blue that exuded an exotic and devilish charm.

The young man looked condescendingly at Huang Xiaolong after blocking Li Lu, "A measly Xiantian First Order brat, do you think you're qualified to be with Junior Sister Li Lu? Little punk, if you dare touch even a hair on Junior Sister Li Lu, I will make you wish you were dead!" To show his prowess, the young man pointed a finger towards Southern Hill Estate's main door across the void. Instantly, a giant hole opened up. The power of that one finger punctured a giant hole through the doors, piercing through Southern Hill Estate, creating a black hole in space.

One finger's power pierced through space!

This was the strength of the Saint realm! Only a Saint realm master had the ability to do this!

Huang Xiaolong got up from the ground. His eyes contained a glacial coldness and he looked sharply at the young man, "A Saint realm expert?"

The young man was a little stunned seeing Huang Xiaolong's calmness after learning he was a Saint realm master. His aloof voice sounded, "That's right, I'm a Saint realm expert. If I want to kill you, I don't even need to lift a finger, one glance could exterminate you into nothing. Little punk, you're Huang Xiaolong? Giving Li Lu face, I will spare your life today. However, if you try to see Junior Sister Li Lu again, I will skin your flesh off layer by layer and then refine you into a walking corpse!"

"Senior Brother Ao Baixue, I beg you, let Huang Xiaolong go!" Tears stained Li Lu's face, "It's not Xiaolong's fault!"

Ao Baixue remained indifferent, turning once again to Huang Xiaolong, "Let me tell you, Junior Sister Li Lu is already a Deities Templar disciple. A Deities Templar disciple can only be a dao companion to another Deities Templar disciple. This is an iron-clad Deities Templar's divine rule!"

"Don't say that I didn't show you a way. If you are chosen and become a Deities Templar disciple the next time Deities Templar holds a disciple selection, I will give you a chance."

Throwing this sentence to Huang Xiaolong, Ao Baixue's hand pulled Li Lu, wanting to take her away.

"Xiaolong!" Li Lu cried out anxiously, her hands reaching out to him.

In a haste, Huang Xiaolong reached out with his hand but a terrifying force washed over him, throwing him away.

Ao Baixue looked coldly at Huang Xiaolong, "Don't overestimate yourself!" Holding onto Li Lu, both flew away.

Right at this moment, a voice bellowed, "Get your ass back down here!" A giant palm materialized in the void above, slamming down on top of Ao Baixue's head.

Ao Baixue's face turned ashen, immediately releasing Li Lu in order to counter the incoming attack with both of his palms.

Boom! A thunderous explosion resounded in the air, and a silhouette was seen crashing down from the sky. Blood gushed out from his mouth as Ao Baixue crashed onto the ground.

Another silhouette landed gently on the ground, it was Zhao Shu. He had just returned from Duanren Imperial Palace and rushed over when he sensed the strong energy fluctuation at Southern Hill Estate.

Ao Baixue looked on with a shocked face at Zhao Shu: "High-level Saint realm!"

Someone who could heavily injure him in one move... only a high-level Saint realm expert was capable of doing that! There was actually a high-level Saint realm expert at Huang Xiaolong's side?

Despite his feelings of shock due to Zhao Shu being a high-level Saint realm expert, Ao Baixue's face recovered his usual calmness, "This friend's strength is not bad, but if you dare oppose my Deities Templar, there's only one endingㅡabsolute death. Even if you are a high-level Saint realm expert, there is no exception!"

Zhao Shu sneered, "Really? Then I would like to experience how I would meet with absolute death." Without waiting, Zhao Shu attacked again with another palm towards Ao Baixue. The palm shot out with no fluctuation, it made no whistling sound as it pierced through the air, nor did it make ripples in the fabric of space. But, Ao Baixue's expression was extremely ugly while watching this.

At this moment, a green glow came piercing through space, colliding with Zhao Shu's palm print.

Chapter 199: A Paltry Little Huang Family Pissant

Boom! A loud explosion resounded.

Zhao Shu's body wavered and retreated a step back. Caught off guard, he looked up at the source and saw a beautiful woman emerge from the void.

"Master!" Seeing the woman, Li Lu blurted out in surprise.

At this time, Ao Baixue too hurried towards the beautiful woman, and greeted full of respect: "Greeting Martial Aunt."

This beautiful woman was the same person that brought Li Lu away three years ago, Li Molin, sharing the same surname as Li Lu.

Li Molin nodded and then walked towards Zhao Shu. Stopping in front of him, she said, "Your strength is not bad, but you are still too far from me!"

Zhao Shu snorted, "Why don't you have a go at it."

Zhao Shu seemingly fell under a disadvantage earlier, but he displayed that attack in a rush. In actuality, both his and the woman's strength were similar.

Li Molin didn't refute hearing this. Instead, she turned around and looked at Huang Xiaolong, "You're called Huang Xiaolong, right? I know my disciple Li Lu likes you, but she is now a Deities Templar's disciple. I have no objection if the two of you want to be together... on the condition that you can become a disciple of Deities Templar too."

Li Molin took a quick glance at Zhao Shu when she said this point and then looked back at Huang Xiaolong, "I realize your identity is not common, but any identity or background is insignificant before Deities Templar. Unless of course, if you're a God Realm master!"

When her words ended, she looked at Ao Baixue and Li Lu: "Let's go!" then flew up, leaving by shattering the void.

Ao Baixue followed closely behind, leaping up.

Tears rolled down Huang Xiaolong's eyes. Taking a last look at his face, Li Lu's voice sobbed: "Xiaolong, I will always wait for you in Deities Templar!" She too turned and flickered away.

Watching Li Molin leave, Zhao Shu wanted to stop her but Huang Xiaolong shook his head, "No need." Even if it was Zhao Shu, he might not be able to stop all three of them. Li Molin had just said any identity was nothing before Deities Templar unless you were a God Realm Master!

God Realm Master!

Huang Xiaolong looked at Li Lu's receding silhouette and Ao Baixue next to her, his fists tightly clenching. Watching as she grew further away, a pang of throbbing pain shot through his heart.

So uncomfortable!

All this while, Huang Xiaolong thought he was someone that had enough strength to protect his family and the people close to him. Little did he know about how ignorant and laughable these notions were until now.

He was powerless to protect the person he loved!

In the end, he could only watch Li Lu be taken away right in front of him. A cold frigid aura of slaughter rumbled out of Huang Xiaolong's body, freezing the surrounding airflow.

Huang Xiaolong's vision turned a chilling scarlet red.

Zhao Shu stood beside him wanting to offer a few words of comfort, but not knowing what to say, he remained silent. He empathized with his Sovereign's feelings, just like the weak, powerless him at that time. That year, the weak and powerless him could only watch as the woman he loved was killed before his very eyes. That kind of pain was many times worse than having his own heart dug out.

Not until night overtook the sky did Huang Xiaolong then move. Turning around, he returned to Southern Hill Estate without uttering a single word till he came to his own little yard. He looked back at Zhao Shu, "You can go rest, I'm fine." a hoarse voice sounded.

"Yes, Sovereign!" Zhao Shu saluted respectfully before retreating, knowing that what Huang Xiaolong wanted most at this time was quiet solitude.

After Zhao Shu left, Huang Xiaolong stood in the yard. He sat down, right on the yard floor. No additional words were spoken by him yet the cold, intense, slaughter qi bursting out from his body only amplified as time wore on.

One night passed.

Huang Xiaolong sat in the yard the entire night like a sculpture, not moving an inch.

Morning sunlight shone down from above onto Huang Xiaolong's body. Despite that, there was no sign of movement from Huang Xiaolong. The thick killing intent swirling around Huang Xiaolong gave birth to a feeling of desolation overnight.

As Zhao Shu and Fei Hou entered Huang Xiaolong's yard and saw him sitting on the ground, their feet stopped advancing.

"If this continues, I am worried that Sovereign..." Fei Hou said with a worried expression. Zhao Shu had already told him about what happened.

"It's best we let Sovereign calm down a little." Zhao Shu shook his head, "Based on Sovereign's character, nothing will happen."

Fei Hou nodded.

Both of them withdrew from Huang Xiaolong's yard. The passage of time continued to move forward.

The sun moved to the highest point in the sky, heat engulfed the land, and then it moved westward, signaling the time for dusk. Once again, the sky darkened into the lonely quiet twilight.

On the third day, the sun basked the land in warm sunlight again.

Just like that, Huang Xiaolong sat on the yard floor, unmoving for three days and three nights. Three times a day, Zhao Shu and Fei Hou would make a trip to Huang Xiaolong's courtyard.

Three days and nights later, the Huang Xiaolong that had been lacking signs of life suddenly moved. The suffocating killing intent and desolated atmosphere around him for the last few days shattered like blocks of ice, dissipating with the wind.

Huang Xiaolong stood up and walked out from his yard as if everything had returned to normal.

Zhao Shu and Fei Hou were making their way to Huang Xiaolong's yard but were startled when they saw Huang Xiaolong come out. Strands of gray hair dusted Huang Xiaolong's temple.

"Sovereign, you...!" Both exclaimed aloud.

"I'm alright." came Huang Xiaolong's calm reassurance.

Both Zhao Shu and Fei Hou wanted to say more, but seeing Huang Xiaolong's manner, they swallowed the words at the tip of their tongue.

"Zhao Shu, Fei Hou, take a walk outside with me." Huang Xiaolong said.

"Yes Sovereign!" The two of them replied in unison.

Thus, the three of them stepped out of Southern Hill Estate.

Huang Xiaolong roamed aimlessly whereas Zhao Shu and Fei Hou followed loyally from behind, neither of them daring to utter a sound.

When they came to a lively street, a group of people suddenly crowded the path in front of them. Not surprisingly, it was the Guo Brothers, Guo Fei and Guo Zhi, with a group of Guo Family servants and bodyguards behind them.

Every so often, Guo Zhi and Guo Fei would wander around the Imperial City with a bunch of servants and guards in search of entertainment.

"Big brother, it's that little brat Huang Xiaolong!" Guo Fei swiftly said when he spotted Huang Xiaolong walking in their direction from some distance away.

Guo Zhi lifted his head and when he saw it was really Huang Xiaolong, the corner of his lips arched into a cold sneer, "Go, we're going over," and with that, he led the group of Guo Family servants and guards towards Huang Xiaolong's group of three.

The Guo Family group blocked Huang Xiaolong's path.

"Huang Xiaolong, I didn't expect that you would manage to survive that night!" Guo Zhi exclaimed fearlessly, laced with a tinge of complacency and arrogance.

That day, after leaving the Sapidity Wine House, they had Huang Xiaolong's identity investigated, and subsequently sent someone to assassinate him. However, the person sent to kill Huang Xiaolong never returned.

Albeit surprised, they didn't mind the failed attempt nor put Huang Xiaolong in their eyes. They had thoroughly investigated Huang Xiaolong's background; he was nothing more than hick that came from a little family, the Huang Clan Manor. Though they could not understand why a small kingdom's marshal would call Huang Xiaolong Young Lord, this point wasn't important in Guo Zhi's opinion.

As for that so-called Luo Tong Kingdom's Marshal Haotian, he could make him disappear simply by opening his mouth.

"I'm in a horrid mood, it would be wise if you choose to scram now!" Huang Xiaolong's gaze pierced through Guo Zhi and Guo Fei.

Li Lu's departure had triggered a strong killing desire in Huang Xiaolong!

"What did you say?!" Listening to Huang Xiaolong tell him to scram the moment he opened his mouth made Guo Zhi's face turn ugly, "Little bastard, you think just cause your younger sister got engaged to that brat Guo Tai, I wouldn't dare to kill you? It is merely an engagement. Even if Guo Tai married your little sister, I can make that brat divorce her just the same!"

"A backwater kingdom's paltry Huang Family smelly pissant wants to enter our Guo Family's door?!"

Chapter 200: Just Now Was A Misunderstanding

A paltry little Huang Family smelly pissant!

The instant Guo Zhi's voice fell, a silhouette flickered in front of him and the next thing he knew was that his neck was being strangled by a powerful hand!

The owner of the hand was none other than Huang Xiaolong. Huang Xiaolong's right hand stretched out and clawed onto Guo Zhi's neck, lifting him off the street. Emotionless eyes looked at Guo Zhi as a terrifying wave of killing aura whorled unrestrained from Huang Xiaolong.

Guo Zhi was a peak mid-Xiantian Second Order expert, and he never expected Huang Xiaolong to be foolish enough to attack him. In close proximity and caught off guard, he was denied the chance of dodging.

"You!" Guo Zhi's face turned maroon from having his neck pinched and cutting off his airway. His eyes bulged out of their sockets akin to a desiccated fish pulled out of water that could flip over and die at any second.

Guo Fei and the rest of the Guo Family guards and servants watched dazedly as Guo Zhi was lifted off the street by Huang Xiaolong, failing to respond to the situation. After all, they had never encountered this kind of incident.

In the past, when Guo Zhi and Guo Fei roamed around the Imperial City with the guards and servants while looking for entertainment, the commoners and even some of the noble families' younger generation would avoid them, moving as far away as possible. It had always been the brothers clutching others by the throat. A reverse situation had never happened, disregarding the fact that even a single hair on their body was deemed so precious that no one even dared to touch them!

"Big brother!" Moments later, Guo Fei finally reacted. Calling out to his brother, he then turned angrily towards Huang Xiaolong, screaming, "Huang bastard, how dare you! Why are you not releasing my Big brother this instant?! If you don't, I will annihilate your nine generations!"

Annihilate your nine generations!

Big words may have been spoken but Guo Fei wasn't lying. For a large family like the Guo Family in the Duanren Empire territories, to annihilate the nine generations of a small family was nothing more difficult than releasing a fart.

Almost in the same moment Guo Fei's voice ended, a shadow flickered. Huang Xiaolong's left palm stretched out, clenching Guo Fei's neck and raising him up in the air the same way he did with Guo Zhi.

Like Guo Zhi, Guo Fei's neck and face turned a deep shade of burgundy in less than a second with protruded eyes nearly leaving their sockets. Overwhelmed and scared, Guo Fei's arms and legs swung wildly, he wanted to speak but the words were stuck in his throat. No logical words could be made out.

The Guo Family guards and servants saw Huang Xiaolong holding Guo Zhi and Guo Fei in each hand, raised to the air. All of them were first stupefied, then angered, but at the same time afraid Huang Xiaolong would hurt their Young Lords, thus no one dared to make bold actions.

In the end, these guards bellowed a rain of empty threats at Huang Xiaolong.

"Little brat, do you know who our Young Lords are? If you know what's good for you, immediately release them!"

"If a single hair from our Young Lords is hurt, be prepared to die without a burial place!"

The guards clamored and threatened, they could only repeat the same few sentences.

While the Guo Family guards and servants passionately shouted threats, Huang Xiaolong's gaze sharpened like a sacred blade cutting through them. A single glance and the Guo Family side's lackeys curled up in fright, effectively shutting them up.

Then, Huang Xiaolong exerted a little more pressure in his hands. Both Guo Zhi and Guo Fei kicked even more desperately, eyeballs straining out as their hands flailed and grasped Huang Xiaolong's hand at their throat. It was apparent to those present that they were suffering.

But this time, none of the people from the Guo Family camp dared to say anything, realizing at this point that all their clamor had been a futile effort.

The pedestrians on the streets started to slow down, congregating into a small crowd that stared flabbergasted at Huang Xiaolong... and the two people in his hands that were lifted up in the airㅡGuo Zhi and Guo Fei, the Guo Brothers.

Most of the commoners and noble families recognized Guo Zhi and Guo Fei, and because they recognized the two brothers they were flabbergasted.

There was actually someone daring enough to lift the Guo Zhi and Gui Fei brothers up in the air by their necks?!

"Who's that brat? He dares hit both of the Guo Brothers?"

"He seems to be Huang Xiaolong?"

"Huang Xiaolong?! The champion of this year's Imperial City Battle, that Huang Xiaolong?"

Discussions broke out from the surrounding crowd on the street.

Ignoring the crowd of people, Huang Xiaolong looked at Guo Zhi and Guo Fei. Their eyes were starting to roll back, mostly showing the whites. Without a doubt, they were drawing their last breath.

When he felt the timing was right, Huang Xiaolong swung his arms, throwing the two outward in midair.

Miserable cries sounded as Guo Zhi and Guo Fei crashed into the street, rolling for more than a dozen meters before coming to a stop.

"Young Lord!"

The Guo Family guards and servants had their nerves stretched tautly, each swiftly running to Guo Zhi and Guo Fei's side, helping them up from the ground.

Due to the extreme pressure Huang Xiaolong exerted on their throats, after being helped up by the guards and servants, their complexions were white and green for a while. Both coughed nonstop as they stood up. On each of their necks was a clear bruise of a purple-green handprint.

"For Guo Tai's sake, I won't kill you today, so scram!" Huang Xiaolong glared at them, his cold voice that sent a chill down the spine rang in the street.

And what Huang Xiaolong said was the truth. If it wasn't for the fact that he'd be looking at Guo Tai's face as his future brother-in-law, he'd erase them without hesitation here and now. But, Huang Xiaolong's words in Guo Zhi and Guo Fei's ears were an insult to them, an unforgivable insult.

They were downright being humiliated!

Rubbing the bruise on their necks, their eyes glowered venomously at Huang Xiaolong.

"Kill him, kill this fucking dog bastard for me!" When his throat eased a little, Guo Zhi roared as he pointed at Huang Xiaolong, akin to a rabid dog.

"I don't care who does it, but kill Huang Xiaolong and you'll be rewarded with ten million gold!" Guo Fei followed, hollering his reward.

The moment Guo Fei's words were spoken, the people on the streets looked astonished.

Some of the passersby were tempted. Kill Huang Xiaolong, and you get ten million gold!

To the smaller forces and family, ten million gold was an astronomical wealth.

By this point, the Guo Family guards and servants had drawn their weapons on them, attacking Huang Xiaolong.

Watching this group of people coming at him, Huang Xiaolong snickered. When these Guo Family guards reached Huang Xiaolong and wanted to attack, Zhao Shu and Fei Hou moved.

Fei Hou leaped up and in a flicker, a dazzling silver river materialized in the air above. Spiraling in the air, an enormous battle qi energy rushed out, blocking the Guo Family guards and servants.

Zhao Shu stood where he was, raised his arm and struck out a palm. The crowd watched as the Guo Family guards and servants were sent flying like they were hit by a great tidal wave, vomiting blood in large amounts.

In a split second, the entire street was dead silent.

A sharp intake of breaths ensued as the attention shifted onto Zhao Shu who was standing behind Huang Xiaolong.

Most of these Guo Family guards were Xiantian experts. It was a given that most of them were only Xiantian First and Second Order experts, but they had coordinated a combined attack! Nonetheless, they were defeated by the unassuming middle-aged man standing behind Huang Xiaolong; sent flying with just one palm, there were no exceptions.

The earlier experts that were tempted to take on Guo Fei's reward of ten million gold had cold sweat trickling down their foreheads, a chilly breeze brushed passed their backs.

Guo Zhi and Guo Fei were as shocked as the rest of them. An indescribable disbelief covered their faces as they surveyed the street littered with the guards and servants that came out with them.

Huang Xiaolong's countenance grew colder than ever as his gaze fell on the brothers. His feet raised, and step by step, he walked towards Guo Zhi and Guo Fei.

Only in this moment did reality hit them. Watching Huang Xiaolong approach, fear filled them, causing them to retreat subconsciously.

"Xiaolong, Bro Xiaolong, it's a misunderstanding. Just now was simply a misunderstanding." Guo Zhi forced an ugly smile on his face, waving his hands in emphasis. The quiver in his voice was noticeable.

"Yes, yes, that's right, a misunderstanding. We didn't really mean that." Guo Fei too forced himself to smile amiably, it was just that the expression on his face looked uglier than crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 1 25
I'm literally so emotional this is finished!
416 69 7
ใ€Œ ๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ƒ๐„๐‚๐Žใ€ โ ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐’๐Ž ๐€๐‘๐“ ๐ƒ๐„๐‚๐Ž, ๐Ž๐”๐“ ๐Ž๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐…๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐‘ โ”โ” โ” (๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ต)ใ€Œ โ˜†โ˜… ใ€ ใ€Œ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๏ฟฝ...
49.6K 2.8K 18
Wรจi Wรบxiร n found himself in a place he never expected to be - torn between sadness and despair. The loss of his loved ones, especially his dear son...