Niphredil Elentary (Legolas l...

By ElaheKarami

The last battle will happen soon. so many things will happen for Niphredil and she will feel Sauron's power m... More

A/N
Chapter 1: memorial ceremony
Chapter 2: Savior love
Chapter 3: Dunharrow
Chapter 4: Separation
Chapter 5: Eowyn
Chapter 6: To Gondor
Chapter 7: Frodo in trouble
Chapter 9: The arrive of Rohirrim
Chapter 10: The battle of Pelennor fields
Chapter 11: Healing the souls
Chapter 12: The command of Valar
Chapter 13: Sacrifice
Chapter 14: A Diversion
Chapter 15: Three gifts
Chapter 16: The high king of the Elves
Chapter 17: Elbereth Gilthoniel
Chapter 18: In front of the Black Gates
Chapter 19: Talk with the deceiver
Chapter 20: Fall of a star
Chapter 21: Niphredil's secret revealed
Chapter 22: Grief
Chapter 23: Love can save
Chapter 24: Returned for you
Chapter 25: Reunion with friends
Chapter 26: Gifts and farewell (1)
Chapter 27: Gifts and farewell (2)
Chapter 28: The white tree
Chapter 29: A gift for proposal
Chapter 30: The end of the third age
Chapter 31: Frodo's reason
Chapter 32: Greenwood and a surprise
Chapter 33: Elanill Mallorn
Chapter 34: Fëanor's prophecy
Chapter 35: The man
Chapter 36: Lenwë and love
Chapter 37: Legolas' worries
Chapter 38: The trouble begins
Chapter 39: The prophecy
Chapter 40: The truth
Chapter 41: Lady Niphredil
Chapter 42: Eldarion's proposal
Chapter 43: Rage is born
Chapter 44: The disaster
Chapter 45: The bloodied hand
Chapter 46: Into the west
Chapter 47: End of duty, End of everything
A/N

Chapter 8: wild men

1.9K 71 0
By ElaheKarami

Eomer had just come out of the king's tent when he saw Niphredil walked and vanished between the trees. She looked paler than usual. He followed her. the glowing of her hair could be seen in the darkness of the forest. He followed her until they reached a clearing centered by a small lake. He saw her bent down and splashed water to her face. She stood slowly and suddenly She stiffed. A minute passed and she didn't show any sign of moving.

Eomer slowly came out of his hiding from behind a tree. He walked to her and gently put his hand on her shoulder. In a matter of a second, Niphredil pushed him back against a tree with a power that was unbelievable for such a slim median and was pressing a dagger to his neck. Eomer hit the tree and the air left his lungs. He looked at Niphredil. her eyes were completely different they were glowing white and it was like she couldn't see him.

"Niphredil! It's me, Eomer." Chocked Eomer. The dagger was hurting his neck. Niphredil stayed still and panted hard. Slowly the white glow vanished from her eyes and her brown eyes were back. She blinked several times and slowly backed away from Eomer.

"Frodo! No!" she said quietly in disbelief. She turned from Eomer and walked to the lake. "my lady, Please. Help Frodo. he is in danger. I have no more power to help him." Niphredil begged Lady Galadriel in her mind with the last remaining of her power. She felt Galadriel got her message. No power had remained in her anymore. She fell to her knees.

"Frodo! Sam!" she whispered and covered her face with her hands. Hot tears ran on her face. What happened for Frodo? where was he? Why Sam was not with him?

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned her head and saw Eomer looking at her with worried eyes. She looked at his neck and saw a little wound on it. She gently put her hand on his neck.

"I hurt you. I'm sorry." She said and ran her fingers on Eomer's neck. When she took away her hand, only a red scare had remained.

"Niphredil! what happened for you? are you all right?" asked Eomer with concern. Niphredil didn't say a word. She slowly stood. "Niphredil!" called Eomer softly.

"the ring is safe, Elentary." Niphredil heard Lady Galadriel's voice in her mind and closed her eyes. "what about Frodo?" she asked but no answer came to her. Niphredil felt her heart shattered into pieces. "Frodo!" she covered her face with her hands once more and cried hard. She felt Eomer came and hugged her tightly. That made her calm, but also reminded her how much she had missed Legolas.

Eomer was dying for seeing Niphredil in such a condition. She was trembling bad and her sobs were not subsiding. He drew circles on her back and after a few minutes, she slowly calmed down and finally raised her head. "what has troubled you like this, my lady?" he asked.

"we are paying too much to defeat darkness." Said Niphredil. Eomer gazed at her pale face. He took her hand. "you need to rest. Come with me." He said and turned to walk toward the camp but halted and his hand went for his sword when he saw a strange short dark figure in the shadows. "who's there?" he asked aloud and pushed Niphredil behind himself protectively. The shadow came forth followed by two others. When they come closer Niphredil and Eomer saw their faces. They were squat shape of a man, gnarled as an old stone, and the hairs of their scanty beard straggled on his lumpy chin like dry moss. He was short-legged and fat-armed, thick and stumpy, and clad only with grass about his waist. Eomer stared at them with wide eyes. Niphredil came out from behind Eomer. One of the men came closer and the three of them bowed as much that their heads were about to touch the ground. "Ghân-buri-Ghân tribute the lady of the Elves." Said the leader with his deep and guttural voice.

***

Some Minutes later, Niphredil was with Theoden and Eomer in a small tent and Ghân-buri-Ghân had been seated on the ground. he had said that his people can help the Lady and her follower. Niphredil had trusted these men. She could feel no bad intentions and her grandfather had told her stories about strange men living in the forest on Druadan. So she and Eomer had brought him to the king.

"you said that you want to help us. Do you want to come to war with us?" asked Theoden at last.

"No, father of Horse-men," he said, "we fight not. Hunt only. Kill gorgûn in woods, hate orc-folk. You hate gorgûn too. We help as we can. Wild Men have long ears and long eyes, know all paths. Wild Men live here before Stone-houses, before Tall Men come up out of Water."

"But our need is for aid in battle," said Éomer. "How will you and your folk help us?"

"Bring news," said the Wild Man. "We look out from hills. We climb big mountain and look down. Stone-city is shut. Fire burns there outside, now inside too."

Niphredil gasped. "Minas Tirith!" she said and any color drained from her face.

The wild man looked at her. "You wish to come there? Then you must be quick. But gorgûn and men out of far-away," he waved a short gnarled arm eastward, "sit on horse-road. Very many, more than Horse-men."

"How do you know that?" said Éomer.

The old man's flat face and dark eyes showed nothing, but his voice was sullen with displeasure. "Wild Men are wild, free, but not children," he answered. "I am great headman, Ghân-buri-Ghân. I count many things: stars in sky, leaves on trees, men in the dark. You have a score of scores counted ten times and five. They have more. Big fight, and who will win? And many more walk round walls of Stone-houses."

"Alas! he speaks all too shrewdly," said Théoden. "And our scouts say that they have cast trenches and stakes across the road. We cannot sweep them away in sudden onset."

"And yet we need great haste," said Éomer. "Mundburg is on fire!"

"Let Ghân-buri-Ghân finish!" said the Wild Man and then turned his head to Niphredil. his eyes shone and something like smile crept into his lips. "once great Lords of the Elves helped us. They taught us how to speak in the tongue of horse-men and how to live better. They were calling themselves Amroth and Celeborn."

Niphredil's eyes grew wide. "my kin and my grandfather." She said quietly. "Wild men forget none the memories. Ghân-buri-Ghân will help the Lady and her followers. More than one road he knows. He will lead you by road where no pits are, no gorgûn walk, only Wild Men and beasts. Many paths were made when Stonehouse-folk were stronger. They carved hills as hunters carve beast-flesh. Wild Men think they ate stone for food. They went through Drúadan to Rimmon with great wains. They go no longer. Road is forgotten, but not by Wild Men. Over hill and behind hill it lies still under grass and tree, there behind Rimmon and down to Dîn, and back at the end to Horse-men's road. Wild Men will show you that road. Then you will kill gorgûn and drive away bad dark with bright iron, and Wild Men can go back to sleep in the wild woods."

Éomer and the king turned to Niphredil. "do you trust this man?" asked Theoden quietly. Niphredil nodded her head. "my grandfather had told me stories about a strange folk living in this forest. It seemed they had jumped out of my childhood stories. Besides I can feel their sincere intentions. No lies are in his words." Said Niphredil.

Theoden looked at Eomer and was silent for a moment. At length, he turned to the Wild Man. "We will receive your offer," he said. "For though we leave a host of foes behind, what matter? If the Stone-city falls, then we shall have no returning. If it is saved, then the orc-host itself will be cut off. If you are faithful, Ghân-buri-Ghân, then we will give you rich reward, and you shall have the friendship of the Mark forever."

"Dead men are not friends to living men, and give them no gifts," said the Wild Man. "But if you live after the Darkness, then leave Wild Men alone in the woods and do not hunt them like beasts anymore. Ghân-buri-Ghân will not lead you into trap. He will go himself with father of Horse-men, and if he leads you wrong, you will kill him."

"So be it!" said Théoden.

"How long will it take to pass by the enemy and come back to the road?" asked Éomer. "We must go at foot-pace, if you guide us, and I doubt not the way is narrow."

"Wild Men go quick on feet," said Ghân. "Way is wide for four horses in Stonewain Valley yonder," he waved his hand southwards. "but narrow at beginning and at end. Wild Man could walk from here to Dîn between sunrise and noon."

"Then we must allow at least seven hours for the leaders," said Éomer, "but we must reckon rather on some ten hours for all. Things unforeseen may hinder us, and if our host is all strung out, it will be long ere it can be set in order when we issue from the hills. What is the hour now?'

"Who knows?" said Théoden. "All is night now."

"It is all dark, but it is not all night," said Ghân. "When Sun comes we feel her, even when she is hidden. Already she climbs over East-mountains. It is the opening of day in the sky-fields."

"Then we must set out as soon as may be," said Éomer. "Even so we cannot hope to come to Gondor's aid today."

Everyone nodded and went to pack. Niphredil was putting her bag on Lótë when she felt a hand on her shoulder. she turned and saw Eomer.

"are you fine? You seem so pale." Asked Eomer with concern.

Niphredil forced a weak smile. "I will be fine when the darkness falls, Eomer. But don't be worried about me. I can manage." She said softly.

Eomer gazed at her for a second. He then pulled Niphredil closer and kissed her forehead. "stay safe, my lady Niphredil." he whispered and then left her.

Niphredil stared at his back. She was worried about Eomer too. He was growing a feeling that was not right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 464 31
Elenwë is an elf. Well... half an elf to be exact. She didn't always wonder who her parents were and where her special abilities came from. But more...
234K 6.2K 34
As the fellowship of the ring starts, Sauron arrises. Little did any good know that Sauron had a daughter. Meldiriel, is the only daughter of Sauron...
3.5K 420 16
'I'll linger here beneath the Sun,' Embracing the fact that she has become a character in The Lord of the Rings, Rowan Reed takes the quest of the Ri...
3.2K 93 23
Here I am back again with my Elfling series here is book l all over again If you haven't read The first or second, third or fourth book then I would...