Maybe,Just Maybe.

By XxmariahsaysrawrxX

Skyler always had trouble with talking to people except for her two best friends Tyler and Heather. but when... More

Maybe,Just Maybe
Maybe Just Maybe (3)
Maybe Just Maybe(4)
Maybe Just Maybe(5)

Maybe, Just Maybe

71 1 2
By XxmariahsaysrawrxX

When I woke up in the morning I found I was pushed towards the wall at some point and Tyler was now laying down next to me. This is perfectly normal for us because we were practically brother and sister. I slowly got up, trying not to wake him up. When I successfully got myself up I out on my shoes and looked around his room. I finally spotted a piece of scrap paper on his desk and scribbled a note on it.

"hey ty. I have to go home. Family dinner with my dads boss. Bleh. anyway didn't want to wake you up. You looked peaceful :P -Sky(:"

I placed on his nightstand next to his bed. Hopefully he sees it. I walked downstairs and didn't see Tyler's mom so I left. I only lived like two blocks away so it was a far walk. It was about 12 and the sun was shiny brightly on me. It didn't help much that I was wearing a black hoodie. I was to lazy to take it off so it stayed. I was walking passed the park when I saw Eli sitting on a park bench reading a book. I smiled slightly and walked over to him. When I reached the bench I sat down next to him and he looked up from his book. He smiled when he saw me which made me smile bigger.

"so what are you reading?" I asked him. He looked down at his book and then back up at me.

"clockwork angel. it's a pretty good book." I nodded my head. We were silent for a few minutes. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was peaceful. It felt right.

"so where are you going?" he asked.

"oh. I was going home. I had spent the night at Tyler's house."

"oh I see. So would you like to hang out tomorrow night?" I smiled.

"I would love to"

"great, ill pick you up at seven." with that he stood up and smiled. He bent down and kissed my cheek before walking off in what I'm assuming the direction to his house. I sat on the bench smiling while touching the part of my cheek he kissed. I got up a few minutes later and continued walking home. I walked into my house and found David and his best friend Nick asleep on the floor of the living room. I rolled my eyes. I walked over to David and kicked him. He groaned and rolled over on his side. I kicked him again.

"get up! The living room is a mess!" he groaned and sat up.

"what the fuck!"

"I told you to get up! The living room is a mess. Clean it up!"

"whatever." I rolled my eyes again and went upstairs. I lay down on my bed and thought about Eli. He just moved here and I'm talking to him. I don't talk to people that I've gone to school with for years. But talking to Eli just seems right. The words seem to come out easy when I'm with him. My thoughts were interrupted by someone pounding on my door. I knew instantly it was David. I got up and flung my door open.

"what do you want?!"

"the phone is for you. Jeez, someone is cranky." he mumbled the last part as he handed me the phone and walked away. I put the phone to my ear and spoke.

"hello?"

"hey." it was Tyler.

"oh hey, what's up?"

"first, you left your cell here. And second, what's up with you and Eli?"

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Nothing is going on between us."

"okay that's a lie and we both know it."

"no its not!"

"yes it is. You actually talked to him. And we both know how big a thing that Is for you."

"so maybe I found him interesting and I wanted to talk to him. It doesn't mean anything."

"so you hanging out with him tomorrow isn't a big deal?"

"how do you know about that?"

"he told me"

"well we're just friends hanging out."

"okay whatever. Anyway I got to go, but expect Heather to be there in like 5 minutes."

"ugh. Okay." I hung up and tossed the phone on the bed. I totally forgot about going shopping with Heather today. I think shopping was the last thing I wanted to do right now. The doorbell rang a few minutes later and I walked downstairs to see the living room looked slightly better, not much though. But there was no sight of David and Eli. I rolled my eyes. I opened the front door to see Heather standing there.

"why are still in the same clothes as last night. We need to go shopping."

"because I just got home and I don't even want to go shopping."

"but you promised!"

"whatever, ill go change."

"yay thank you!" she hugged me tightly before letting go and pushing me towards the stairs. I went up to my room and to my closet. What to wear what to wear. I thought to myself. I grabbed a pair of gray skinny and a plain white v-neck. I quickly put them on and then slipped on my converse and a black hoodie. I grabbed my ipod and headed downstairs.

"ok lets get this over with. I need to be back before six to get ready for dinner."

"don't worry we'll be back before then. Its only 11."

"dear lord. I'm in for a long day." she grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door to her car. I got in the passenger side and she slipped into the driver side. The mall was only ten minutes away so it wasn't a long car ride. We got there and I jumped out of the car.

"since I decided to do this we're going to Hot Topic first."

"okay that's fine with me."

"good." we walked into the mall and I headed straight for the direction to Hot Topic. I walked in and smiled. I loved this place. It was like a second home to me. Well not literally, but almost all my clothes are from this store. And most of my jewelry. I looked around the store and then I saw him. He was holding hands with another girl. I got a weird feeling in my stomach. There was Eli holding hands with a girl and not just a girl but the most popular girl in school. I think the feeling in my stomach was jealousy. I don't know why I'm jealous, we were never going out. I have no reason to be jealous. Ill just do my best to ignore them. It shouldn't bother me that much. I don't even like him, I mean yeah he's cute but I hardly know him. I ignored them the whole time and I even bought a new pierce the veil t-shirt. When I left the store, Eli and the chick were gone so I was okay.

"so did you see Eli and Meagan?" I just nodded my head. The feeling was coming back.

"yeah. I guess they know each other." I said trying not to sound suspicious.

"they looked cute together don't ya think?"

"mhm." that was all I managed to get out. She laughed.

"I'm kidding. Jeez, someone is jealous."

"I am not jealous!" she was laughing.

"yeah okay, whatever you say."

"I'm not jealous." she patted my arm.

"that's what people who are jealous say." she walked ahead of me and towards the food court. I followed her. I know I'm not jealous. I cant be jealous. There is nothing to be jealous about. Maybe they are just friends. I hold Tyler's hand all the time and I'm not going out with him. This got me in a little better mood. I realized that Heather had lead us into journey's. typical. She always buys shoes when we come to the mall. We stayed at the mall for a little longer and I didn't see Eli and Meagan so it was pretty good. I bought two shirts and a pair of skinny jeans. Heather on the hand bought five shirts and a pair of converse and a pair of skinny jeans. Yeah she always buys a lot.

"hey can you drop by Tyler's I have to get my cell phone, I left it there this morning."

"sure." we drove to Tyler's house and heather decided to stay in the car because she didn't want to see Tyler. It was the biggest lie ever but I didn't say anything. I opened the door to his house. I heard music coming from upstairs. I went up and opened Tyler's door to see him dancing around. I instantly busted out into laughter. He stopped immediately stopped and turned red from embarrassment. It took me a good five minutes to finally catch my breath and stop laughing.

"man that was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life."

"yeah yeah whatever. Have you ever heard of knocking?"

"Ty, when have I ever knocked when I came over?"

"never, but you could at least try it sometime."

"I don't think I will, anyway I came to pick up my phone."

"here." he tossed it to me and me being the clumsy person I am dropped it.

"fuck. Stupid hand eye coordination." Tyler just laughed at me. I wonder if Tyler knows if Eli and Meagan are going out

"hey do you know if Eli and Meagan are going out?"

"yeah they have been since like a week ago."

"oh ok."

"why?"

"no reason I just saw them today and I didn't know." he looked at me for five minutes, a grin spreading across his face.

"your jealous aren't you?"

"no I'm not! Why do you guys keep saying that?!"

"because you are!"

"no I'm not and I'm leaving now!" I turned around and heard him laughing on the way downstairs. I walked out the house. I went to the driver side window and knocked on it, scaring the shit out of Heather.

"are you trying to give me a heart attack?" I laughed.

"nope but I'm gonna walk home."

"why?"

"I don't know, but I just want to walk."

"okay well here are your bags." I grabbed them from her,

"thanks , ill call you later."

"okay, bye." she drove off and I pulled out my ipod and put he ear buds in. my head was instantly filled with escape the fate as I walked home. I passed by the park and saw something I didn't exactly want to see. It was Eli and Meagan kissing. I groaned to myself. This would only happen to me. I walked passed the park as fast as I could not wanting to see anymore. When I walked into my house the living room was once again clean and David was playing video games.

"hey where did you go?"

"the mall." I replied simply. He just nodded and said oh. He gave up on trying to get me to talk more a long time ago, but still tries every once and a while. don't think its gonna work. It was only 3 so I decided to kill some time by listening to my ipod whilst laying down.

Continue Reading